The French Brand Will Provide High-Performance Products To The SeriesNWES Names Kennol Official Oil SupplierThe French BrandWill Provide High-Performance Products To The TeamsOfficial ReleaseThe NASCAR Whelen Euro Series announced today a sponsorship deal that will make Kennol the official oil supplier of the European NASCAR Series for the 2017 season and beyond.
- Continues Family Success At Lee USAHelliwellTakes Home First ChampionshipContinuesFamily Success At Lee USAAdam Fenwick, Special to NASCARHomeTracks.comDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - New Hampshire’s Helliwell family is well known for winning races in championships in the Northeast and this year another Helliwell added his name to the record books.
Dave Helliwell, from Pelham, New Hampshire, captured the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Division I super modified track championship at New Hampshire&
- Carl Edwards listed reason after reason for stepping away from full-time NASCAR competition this season, less than two months removed from nearly winning his first Cup title.Edwards, one of NASCAR's top stars and driver for a top organization, really seemed at peace with a personal decision he made right before Christmas.Edwards had one year remaining on his contract with Joe Gibbs Racing, and he came 10 laps away from winning his first Cup title two months ago.
- Carl Edwards made it clear Wednesday he's not retired.Instead, one of NASCAR's top stars is walking away from a championship organization for three very personal reasons.Edwards had one year remaining on his contract with Joe Gibbs Racing, and he came 10 laps away from winning his first Cup title two months ago.
- In a stunning decision, NASCAR driver Carl Edwards is walking away from the final year of his contract with Joe Gibbs Racing less than two months after nearly winning his first Cup championship, two people with knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press on Tuesday.Joe Gibbs Racing scheduled a pair of news conferences Wednesday in which Edwards is expected to announce he will not drive the No. 19 Toyota next season.The second announcement is that reigning Xfinity Series champion Daniel
- In a stunning decision, NASCAR driver Carl Edwards is retiring from the sport less than two months after nearly winning his first Cup championship, two people with knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press on Tuesday.Joe Gibbs Racing scheduled a pair of news conferences Wednesday in which Edwards is expected to announce he is giving up the sport immediately and that reigning Xfinity Series champion Daniel Suarez will replace Edwards in the No. 19 Toyota.The two people spoke to AP on c
- Crowned Track's First Whelen All-American Series ChampionSmithMakes History At Dominion RacewayCrowned Track'sFirst Whelen All-American Series ChampionAdam Fenwick, Special to NASCARHomeTracks.comDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - When a race track opens its doors for the first time, there are always a lot of firsts to be had.
The first pole winner, the first feature winner and perhaps most importantly, the first track champion.
At Dominion Raceway in Thornburg, Virginia, Nick Smith can proudly say he
- Edges Past May For The Red Eye 100 TrophyPollardCelebrates First Win of 2017Edges Past MayFor The Red Eye 100 TrophyBy Brooke Franceschini, NASCARNEW SMYRNA, Fla. – Bubba Pollard kicked-off the 2017 NASCAR Whelen All-American Series season with a celebration in Victory Lane Saturday night at New Smyrna Speedway.
Pollard won the 31st Red Eye Super Late Model 100 after an intense finish with New Smyrna’s 2016 champion Brad May at the end of the 100-lap feature.
- FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) -- Texas Motor Speedway is going to completely repave its 1 1/2-mile track and reduce the high banking in the first and second turns.
- Captures First Track Title With Consistent SeasonScully Finally Seals Deal At SeekonkCaptures First Track Title With Consistent SeasonBy Jason Christley, NASCARDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Late in the 2015 Seekonk Speedway Pro Stock season, Tom Scully Jr. was in the middle of an intense championship battle with young rising star Angelo Belsito.
After a fight right down to the final laps, he came up short of winning the championship. But it was nothing that Scully wasn't used to. For the better pa
- Tops The Motorsports Category, Voted By Fans And Government CommitteeAlon Day Athlete Of The Year In IsraelTops The Motorsports Category,Voted By Fans And Government CommitteeGian Luca Guiglia, NWESAlon Day’s rising star was recognized on Tuesday during an official ceremony in Tel Aviv, Israel in which the two-time NWES Junior Trophy winner and NASCAR Next driver was recognized as Israel’s Athlete Of The Year in the motorsports category.
Israel’s Ministry Of Culture and Sports
- NASCAR Next Driver Ready To Chase K&N Pro West TitleLandauer Signs With Bruncati For 2017 SeasonNASCAR Next Driver Ready To Chase K&N Pro West TitleTeam ReleaseTwo-time racing champion Julia Landauer has signed with Bob Bruncati's Sunrise Ford Racing Team for the 2017 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West season. This will be Landauer's second season in the K&N West series.
"I'm really excited to take all I learned in 2016 and make a run for the championship in 2017 with Bob [Bruncati
- Opening Four-Race Swing To Feature Major Bonus IncentivesNAPA ChallengeSet For K&N Pro WestOpening Four-Race SwingTo Feature Major Bonus IncentivesOfficial ReleaseROSEVILLE, Calif. – This year’s NASCAR K&N Pro Series West season will get underway with NAPA AUTO PARTS sponsoring the biggest kickoff in the history of the series – featuring four races in eight days and more than $400,000 in posted awards, plus giant bonuses that include $50,000 to any driver who can win al
- Coby Continues Historic Run; Myers Claims 2nd Southern TitleBEST OF 2016Whelen Modified TourCoby Continues Historic Run; Myers Claims 2nd Southern TitleBy Jason Christley, NASCARDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - Looking back at the 2016 NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour season was one of change. New faces visited Victory Lane and challenged for championship. The season ended with the big news that the Whelen Modified Tour and Whelen Southern Modified Tour would unify for 2017, and the schedule for the upcomi
- Will Be Featured In ROC’s First US Edition At Miami Marlins ParkNWES CarsAt The Jan 21-22 ROC MiamiWill Be Featured In ROC’s First US Edition At Miami Marlins ParkGian Luca Guiglia, NWESOn January 21st and 22nd the NASCAR Whelen Euro Series cars will be among the vehicles selected for the first North American edition of the Race Of Champions at the Miami Marlins Park in Miami, Florida.
The NWES car will be featured in the world famous off-season event for the seventh consecutiv
- Lapcevich Steals Spotlight; Quebec Drivers Rack Up WinsBEST OF 2016Pinty's SeriesLapcevich Steals Spotlight; Quebec Drivers Rack Up WinsBy Jason Christley, NASCARDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - The theme for the 2016 season for Canada's national stock car championship was "welcome to the new era."
- Kumpen Grabs Second Title, Longin Dominates The ELITE 2 DivisionBEST OF 2016Whelen Euro SeriesKumpen Grabs Second Title, Longin Dominates The ELITE 2 DivisionGian Luca Guiglia, NWES2016 was another season to remember for the NASCAR Whelen Euro Series. The official NASCAR European Series kept growing race after race. The new NWES car granted an unique show on track and the fantastic american-themed atmosphere surrounding NWES event all over Europe brought tens of thousands of fans and families to
- Gilliland Emerges On Top; Young Talent Continues To BlossomBEST OF 2016K&N Pro Series WestGilliland Emerges On Top;Young Talent Continues To BlossomBy Brooke Franceschini, NASCARDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Todd Gilliland had a historic NASCAR K&N Pro Series West season.
The 16-year-old from Sherrills Ford, North Carolina, broke a couple records en route to his 2016 title.
The NASCAR Next driver kicked-off his season by matching a 50-year-old record set by Dan Gurney and then ended the season
- Haley Takes Home The Title; First-Time Winners A PlentyBEST of 2016K&N Pro Series EastHaley Takes Home The Title;First Time Winners A PlentyBy Brooke Franceschini, NASCARAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - Justin Haley’s consistency throughout the season earned him his first NASCAR K&N Pro Series East championship title.
The 17-year-old from Winamac, Indiana, lifted the trophy at Delaware’s Dover International Speedway after collecting top-10 finishes in all 14 NASCAR K&N Pro Series Eas
- Video: Change of Plans Nets Virginian Whelen All-American CrownCHAMPION'S PROFILE Bowling Rolls To TitleChange of Plans Nets Virginian Whelen All-American CrownBy Adam Fenwick, Special to NASCARHomeTracks.comDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - Fourteen. That was the amount of races that Matt Bowling originally intended to run in 2016.
He had no plans of chasing the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series National championship and by no means expected to run nearly 50 races at eight different race tracks in fo
- Video: Pinty's Rookie Earns Canadian National Stock Car Racing TitleCHAMPION'S PROFILELapcevich Defies OddsPinty's Rookie Earns Canadian National Stock Car Racing TitleBy Jason Christley, NASCARDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- In a season filled with so many accomplishments and record-breaking achievements, 2016 may not played out the same if it wasn't for the two early season races Cayden Lapcevich didn't win.
And in the end, it got a 16-year-old from Grinsby, Ontario, to the very place he hoped he
- Video: Conquers Second Title Winning A Season-Long Three-Way BattleCHAMPION'S PROFILEKumpen Striving For PerfectionConquers Second Title Winning A Season-Long Three-Way BattleGian Luca Guiglia, NWESThere was only one goal in Anthony Kumpen’s mind since the end of the 2015 season and it was to win back the NASCAR Whelen Euro Series Championship. To mark his name in the Whelen Hall Of Champions at the NASCAR Hall Of Fame and receive the NWES Champion’s ring from Mike Helton once
- Video: Sweeps Bowman Gray Modified & Whelen Southern Tour TitlesCHAMPION'S PROFILEMyers Doubles UpSweeps Bowman Gray Modified & Whelen Southern Tour TitlesBy Kyle Souza, Special to NASCARHomeTracks.comDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – After six years away from championship glory on the NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour, Burt Myers returned to the top of the class in 2016.
In a season filled with accolades for the 40-year-old Walnut Cove, N.C. driver, Myers captured three wins, nine to
- Video: Fourth Whelen Modified Title Is One For Record BooksCHAMPION'S PROFILECoby Builds LegacyFourth Whelen Modified TitleIs One For Record BooksBy Kyle Souza, Special to NASCARHomeTracks.comDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Doug Coby continues to etch his name into the record books.
The 37-year-old Milford, Conn. driver took down a third straight championship on the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour in 2016.
Driving for Mike Smeriglio Racing, Coby became the first driver in the modern era to take d
- Video: Gilliland Just Getting Started With K&N Pro West Title RunCHAMPION'S PROFILERewriting ExpectationsGilliland Just Getting Started With K&N Pro West Title RunBy Adam Fenwick, Special to NASCARHomeTracks.comDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - No one, much less 16-year-old Todd Gilliland, could have imagined what the 2016 had in store for him.
The native of California who now resides in Sherrills Ford, North Carolina, put together an incredible season driving the No. 16 NAPA Auto Parts Toyota
- Based On Regularity, Will Offer A Unique Opportunity To Any Driver Willing To Discover NWESNWES Presents New ELITE Club DivisionBased On Regularity, Will Offer A Unique Opportunity To Any Driver Willing To Discover NWESOfficial ReleaseA brand new and exciting Division, officially named ELITE Club, will make its debut in four events of the 2017 NASCAR Whelen Euro Series season and introduce a corp of new drivers to NASCAR on some of the best tracks in Europe.
- CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- NASCAR's top series will be called the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series beginning next year.
- Video: Consistency Nets Indiana Driver Coveted K&N Pro East CrownCHAMPION'S PROFILEHaley Finds GrooveConsistency Nets Indiana Driver Coveted K&N Pro East CrownBy Adam Fenwick, Special to NASCARHomeTracks.comDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - Consistency was the name of the game for Justin Haley during his march to the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East championship this season.
Haley, from Winamac, Indiana, had a 3.4 average finish during the 14-race season that started on Feb. 14 at Florida’
- Wins Track's First NASCAR ChampionshipNelsonMakes History At MeridianWinsTrack's First NASCAR ChampionshipAdam Fenwick, Special to NASCARHomeTracks.comDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - At just 20 years old, Colton Nelson did something this year that no other driver has ever done at Meridian Speedway in Idaho.
Nelson, a native of Meridian, Idaho, become the first NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Division I track champion in the history of the quarter-mile asphalt oval this year.
The track, which has b
- Will Chase The Title In Both The K&N Pro Series East And WestGilliland And BMRExpand Horizons For 2017Will Chase The TitleIn Both The K&N Pro Series East And WestTeam ReleaseROSEVILLE, Calif. – Bill McAnally Racing and driver Todd Gilliland are expanding their horizons for 2017 with a program to run the full schedules in both the East and West divisions of the NASCAR K&N Pro Series.
Gilliland will be in his second season behind the wheel of BMR’s No. 16 NAPA AUTO PARTS To
- Earns First Track Championship In A Season Of RedemptionShookTakes Home Kalamazoo CrownEarns First Track ChampionshipIn A Season Of RedemptionAdam Fenwick, Special to NASCARHomeTracks.comDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - In 2015, Mark Shook entered the season finale at Michigan’s Kalamazoo Speedway as the points leader and it appeared he would be celebrating his first track championship.
Unfortunately, a crash not of his doing on lap three of the 100-lap season finale cost Shook what should have been
- Night of Champions Recognizes Touring Series TitlestDiverse Paths Lead Six Drivers To Top HonorNight of Champions Recognizes Touring Series TitlestOfficial ReleaseCHARLOTTE, N.C. – It was the fourth time Doug Coby took the stage to accept a NASCAR championship ring. As the elder statesman on the stage, the Milford, Connecticut, driver took a moment to reflect.
“It seems like just yesterday I was standing right here giving a speech for my first championship and now here I am for numbe
- Whelen All-American Series Awards Honors Best of 2016Bowling Joins Ranks of Elite With National TitleWhelen All-American Awards Honors Best of 2016Official ReleaseDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Matt Bowling grew up watching drivers like Peyton Sellers, Philip Morris and Lee Pulliam gain national prominence with their Late Model Stock Car success. Then the Ridgeway, Virginia, driver gained knowledge racing against those greats.
This season, Bowling joined their legendary ranks.
The 22-year-old took
- It took less than four laps for Dale Earnhardt Jr. to feel back at home in his race car.The test ended months of speculation - should Earnhardt retire?''When you get something taken away from you, you certainly realize what it's worth,'' Earnhardt said Friday.
- Bowling & Rickey Team Up To Win Media Race At GoProKumpen Edges Haley For Champion Karting HonorsBowling & Rickey Team Up To Win Media Race At GoPro MotorplexBy Jason Christley, NASCARMOORESVILLE, N.C. – Anthony Kumpen flew more than 4,000 miles to be part of the NASCAR Champions activities in North Carolina this week. And after 15 laps around the 11-turn, 0.7-mile GoPro Motorplex Thursday, Kumpen walked away with bragging rights by the slimmest of margins.
How narrow? Try .053 sec
- 27 Showcase Events Slated To Test Sport’s Top Young Talent2017 Schedule Announced For K&N Pro Series27 Showcase Events Slated To Test Sport’s Top Young TalentOfficial ReleaseDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – NASCAR fans have been thrilled in recent years by the achievements of the sport’s rising stars – from Joey Logano’s DAYTONA 500 win in 2015 to Austin Dillon, Chase Elliott and Kyle Larson joining him in the 2016 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. Daniel Suarez won t
- 11th Season of Canadian Championship Features Unique Events2017 Schedule Announced For Pinty's SeriesEleventh Season of Canadian Championship Features Unique EventsOfficial ReleaseDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Coming off an historic inaugural season with a new entitlement partner, the NASCAR Pinty’s Series is primed to capitalize on that momentum with a 2017 schedule that includes traditional marque events and several unique changes.
- The Monza-native Delivers In The First Edition Of The Trofeo Angelo CaffiAlberto ColaWins At The Motor ShowThe Monza-native Delivers In The First Edition Of The Trofeo Angelo CaffiMassimiliano Palumbo, NWESAlberto Cola (#44 CAAL Racing Chevrolet SS) grabbed the win in the first edition of the Trofeo Angelo Caffi at the end of two nail-biting runs in front of the enthusiast fans that crowded the grandstands of the Area 48 Arena at the Bologna Motor Show. The Monza-native and the other finalist Gi
- NASCAR star Dale Earnhardt Jr., who missed the final 18 races of last season because of a concussion, has been medically cleared to return next year.Hendrick Motorsports announced Thursday that Earnhardt will take part in the season-opening Daytona 500 on Feb. 26.Dr. Micky Collins, medical director of the UPMC Sports Medicine Concussion Program in Pittsburgh, in consultation with Charlotte neurosurgeon Dr. Jerry Petty, cleared the 42-year-old driver Wednesday following a test session at Darlingt
- The European Delegation Ready For A Unique Celebration Of The 2016 SeasonNWES Drivers Flying To The NASCAR Hall Of FameThe European Delegation Ready For A Unique Celebration Of The 2016 SeasonGian Luca Guiglia, NWESTwelve NASCAR Whelen Euro Series drivers are flying to Charlotte, North Carolina to take part in a series of activities in the heart of NASCAR that will culminate in the NASCAR Night Of Champions Touring Awards on Saturday, December 10 at the NASCAR Hall Of Fame.
- Enhanced Bonus Plans, Point Fund A Draw For Top Talent 2017 Schedule Announced For Unified Whelen Modified TourEnhanced Bonus Plans, Point Fund A Draw For Top Modified Talent Official ReleaseDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – From South Carolina to Connecticut, the 2017 schedule announced today for the unified NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour will test the best Modified drivers over 17 races and two special events at some of East Coast’s most historic venues.
- The longer Dale Earnhardt Jr. couldn't drive because of the debilitating effects of a concussion, the more uptight he became.''When I did that I became a better version of myself,'' Earnhardt said.Earnhardt spoke to reporters Friday night after accepting the award as NASCAR's most popular driver for a record 14th straight year.
- Jimmie Johnson called winning a record-tying seventh NASCAR Sprint Cup title ''insane'' Friday night, while Tony Stewart was sent off into retirement and Dale Earnhardt Jr. told his adoring fans at the season-ending banquet that he'll be ready to race in 2017.Johnson's dramatic victory in the finale last month at Homestead moved him into a tie with Richard Petty and Dale Earnhardt for the most series championships.Johnson was introduced by 23-time Olympic gold medalist swimmer Michael Phelps at
- NASCAR's top circuit has been called the Winston Cup, Nextel Cup and Sprint Cup.Starting in 2017, the sport could have a Cup-less name, one of many changes expected as Monster Energy takes over as title sponsor with a desire to attract younger fans to a sagging sport.''Young people set trends in fashion and then older people adapt,'' said Mark Hall, Monster's chief marketing officer.
- Tony Stewart sat in a casino ballroom wearing a coat and tie he no doubt wanted to rip off and brushed off a question about whether he was happy his NASCAR career was over.''It's not over yet,'' Stewart said.Stewart's signature biting and cutting remarks arrived on cue this week at NASCAR's awards event that culminated with Friday night's season-ending banquet.
- Takes Home Second-Straight Track Title By Slim MarginMcCartyComes Out On Top At KingsportTakes HomeSecond-Straight Track Title By Slim MarginAdam Fenwick, Special to NASCARHomeTracks.comDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - The battle for the track championship at Tennessee’s Kingsport Speedway came down to the wire, but in the end it was a familiar face who emerged as champion this year.
Kingsport’s own Ronnie McCarty captured his second-straight NASCAR Whelen All-American Series track championship
- Chad Knaus had been a champion for six days, but the NASCAR title was so improbable, so unlikely, it still hadn't sunk in for Jimmie Johnson's crew chief.Knaus received the Champion Crew Chief Award on Thursday, a day before Johnson will be honored for capturing their seventh NASCAR Sprint Cup title together.Also on Thursday, the National Motorsports Press Association awarded its prestigious Myers Brothers Award to the late philanthropist Betty Jane France for her NASCAR contributions.
- NASCAR has announced Monster Energy will take over as title sponsor of its top series in 2017, ending a lengthy process of finding a replacement for Sprint.It was not immediately announced what Corona, California-based Monster Beverage Corporation will pay for the naming rights deal or how long the agreement runs.NASCAR Chairman Brian France made the announcement Thursday at the Wynn Las Vegas, site of Friday's season-ending awards banquet.
- New Era In Mexico Starts Sunday With Exhibition RaceSuárez To Serve As Grand Marshal For PEAK México ReturnNew Era In Mexico Starts Sunday With Exhibition RacePress ReleaseMEXICO CITY -- The NASCAR PEAK Mexico Series returns to to the track Sunday with a stout starting field and a familiar face as Grand Marshal: newly crowned NASCAR XFINITY Series champion, Daniel Suárez.
There are already 30 confirmed cars for the great race of exhibition of this weekend in the oval of
- Earns More Hardware For Third Track Straight Title In S.C.RobertsRolls To 10 Wins & Title At AndersonEarnsMore Hardware For Third Track Straight Title In S.C.Adam Fenwick, Special to NASCARHomeTracks.comDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Winning championships is becoming a bit of a habit for Simpsonville, South Carolina’s David Roberts.
The 55-year-old late model stock driver collected the track championship at South Carolina’s Anderson Motor Speedway this season. It’s his second
Follow @NewsNascarUSA on Twitter!