Picks Up First K&N Pro West Victory Of 2017GillilandGoes Back-to-Back at Kern CountyPicks UpFirst K&N Pro West Victory Of 2017Zach Catanzareti, NASCARHomeTracks.comBakersfield, Calif. - It wasn't easy, but Thursday was Todd Gilliland's day at Kern County Raceway Park.
After winning the only practice of the day at the California track, the 16-year-old from Sherrills Ford, North Carolina, piloted his No. 16 NAPA Auto Parts Toyota to his eighth career 21 Means 21 Pole Award in the NASC
- Earns Second Consecutive K&N Pro West 21 Means 21 AwardGillilandWins Second Straight Pole At KernEarnsSecond Consecutive K&N Pro West 21 Means 21 AwardZach Catanzareti, NASCARHomeTracks.comBakerfield, Calif. - 2017 just keeps getting better for Todd Gilliland.
After leading the lone practice session, Gilliland backed the result up with the pole position during group qualifying at Kern County Raceway Park.
With an 18.210-second lap, the reigning NASCAR K&N Pro Series West champio
- Fastest In Sole K&N Pro West Practice SessionGillilandLeads Field at Kern CountyFastestIn Sole K&N Pro West Practice SessionZach Catanzareti, NASCARHomeTracks.comBakersfield, Calif. - It may be early, but the 2017 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West season has been strong for Todd Gilliland.
Less than a week after winning the pole and finishing second at the season-opener at Tucson (Ariz.) Speedway, the reigning West champion and track winner led the way in the lone practice session at C
- NASCAR suspended the crew chiefs for Brad Keselowski and Kevin Harvick on Wednesday for violations at Phoenix Raceway.Keselowski's car failed post-race inspection on Sunday and NASCAR suspended crew chief Paul Wolfe three races.Wolfe was also fined $65,000 and Team Penske was docked 35 driver and owner points.
- Analyzing the NAPA Auto Parts 150 & NAPA Auto Parts Twin 100sSTAT ADVANCEK&N West: Kern & IrwindaleAnalyzingthe NAPA Auto Parts 150 & NAPA Auto Parts Twin 100sTravis Barrett, Special to NASCARHomeTracks.comDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. — The NASCAR K&N Pro Series West will hold three races in three days with the NAPA Auto Parts 150 at Kern County Raceway Park in Bakersfield, California, on Thursday, March 23, and the NAPA Auto Parts Twin 100s at Irwindale Speedway in Irwindale, C
- Kyle Larson finished second at Phoenix International Raceway and then headed to the beach for a brief family vacation.There was no lamenting his third consecutive runner-up finish because Larson is the current points leader of NASCAR's top series.A two-tire stop put him in position to win Sunday at Phoenix in overtime, but a slip on the restart cost him any chance of running down leader Ryan Newman in the two-lap sprint to the finish.
- Teams Look to Hit Stride With Three Races In Three DaysNEWS & NOTESK&N West: Kern & IriwndaleTeams Look to Hit StrideWith Three Races In Three DaysTravis Barrett, Special to NASCARHomeTracks.comDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. — Just five days after kicking off the 2017 season at Tucson Speedway, NASCAR K&N Pro Series West teams will be put to the test with three races in a three-day span to close out the NAPA 500 Challenge series.
The series heads to Kern County Raceway Park in Bakersf
- NAPA Auto Parts 150 at Kern County Raceway ParkK&N Pro Series WestRACE PREVIEW: NEWS & NOTES | STAT ADVANCE | TRACK PAGE
EVENT LINKS: EVENT SCHEDULE | ENTRY LIST | PRACTICE RESULTS | QUALIFYING RESULTS | RACE RESULTS
- NAPA Auto Parts Twins 100 at Irwindale Event CenterK&N Pro Series WestRACE PREVIEW: NEWS & NOTES | STAT ADVANCE | TRACK PAGE
EVENT LINKS: EVENT SCHEDULE | ENTRY LIST | PRACTICE RESULTS | QUALIFYING RESULTS | RACE RESULTS
- After threatening to sit out the world championship, the players said they would hold contract talks Monday, two days before they were to open camp.
- Ryan Newman gambled and skipped a tire-changing pit stop to move from seventh place to the lead and held on for the final two laps for a surprise victory in Sunday's Monster Energy NASCAR Cup series race.The 39-year-old Newman, who broke a 127-race winless streak, held off Kyle Larson, the second-place finisher for the third straight race.Kyle Busch, the leader for nearly all of the final stage of the race, was third on a day when the temperature soared to 97 degrees at Phoenix International Rac
- Earns First K&N Pro West Win of 2017 After A Late Race PassEgglestonVictorious At Tucson SpeedwayEarns First K&N Pro WestWin of 2017 After A Late Race PassZach Catanzareti, NASCARHomeTracks.comTucson, Ariz. - It was a back-and-forth battle all day, but Chris Eggleston came out on top at Tucson Speedway.
Leading 80 of 150 laps in the NAPA Auto Parts Tucson 150, Eggleston beat pole-sitter and defending NASCAR K&N Pro Series West champion, Todd Gilliland, to the line to take his si
- First Winner For Newly Unified Whelen Modified TourSolomito Charges Late For Myrtle Beach WinFirst WinnerFor Newly Unified Whelen Modified TourBy Kyle Souza, NASCARHomeTracks.comMYRTLE BEACH, S.C. – One year ago, Timmy Solomito captured his first career NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour victory in the season-opening Icebreaker at Connecticut's Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park.
Fast-forward a year later, the Islip, New York, driver was celebrating a victory in the season-opening race once
- Earns Top Spot For K&N Pro West OpenerQualifying:Gilliland Wins Pole At TucsonEarnsTop Spot For K&N Pro West OpenerZach Catanzareti, NASCARHomeTracks.comTucson, Ariz - Todd Gilliland wins the pole for Saturday's NAPA Auto Parts 150 at Tucson Speedway.
The pole is the seventh of his NASCAR K&N Pro Series West career and first at Tucson.
However, judging from practice speeds, you can call this a surprise result.
Sweeping both practice sessions, Chris Eggleston was out-paced by the
- Justin Allgaier acknowledges there were some very down moments in his long NASCAR Xfinity victory drought.Allgaier held off Ryan Blaney and Erik Jones.Blaney, who started the day 33rd after missing the qualifying, pulled ahead of Jones before the final lap to finish second.
- Starts the K&N Pro Series West Season Out StrongPRACTICE:Eggleston Paces Tucson PracticeStartsthe K&N Pro Series West Season Out StrongZach Catanzareti, NASCARHomeTracks.comTucson, Ariz. - Chris Eggleston set the pace for the NASCAR K&N Pro Series West at Tucson Speedway, as he led the way in both practice sessions.
Setting a 16.157-second time in the second session, the 28-year-old Eggleston edged reigning West Series champion Todd Gilliland by 0.075 seconds. Eggleston, who hit
- Whelen Modified Pole At Myrtle Beach, His First Since 2001QUALIFYINGSummers Bolts To Top SpotWhelen Modified Pole At Myrtle Beach;His First Since 2001By Kyle Souza, NASCARHomeTracks.comMYRTLE BEACH, S.C. – Rob Summers captured the Coors Light Pole Award on Saturday for the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour season-opening Performance Plus 150 presented by Safety-Kleen at Myrtle Beach Speedway.
The pole was the seventh career for the Manchester, Conn. driver and the first for him since 2001 at New
- Five of the highest-starting eight drivers in NASCAR's lineup for its Monster Energy Series race on Sunday are 26 or younger.Ryan Blaney, starting next to pole-sitter and teammate Joey Logano on the front row, is 23.Larson won at Michigan last year and finished second in the last two Cup races.
- Fastest In Only Whelen Modified Tour Session For OpenerPRACTICESolomito Sets Myrtle Beach PaceFastest In Only Whelen Modified Tour Session For OpenerBy Kyle Souza, NASCARHomeTracks.comMYRTLE BEACH, S.C. – Shawn Solomito opened the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour season at the top of the speed charts in the only practice session at the half-mile Myrtle Beach Speedway on Saturday.
- Joey Logano capped a day in the spotlight with a fast late lap Friday to claim the pole for the NASCAR Camping World 500.With the temperature in the low 90s and the sun beginning to set, Ryan Blaney qualified second to give Ford the top two spots to start Sunday's race.Logano and Blaney bumped Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s Chevrolet out of the top spot he had held through most of the final five-minute qualifying round on Friday.
- AVONDALE, Ariz. (AP) -- The first face-to-face meeting between Kyle Busch and Joey Logano since last week's post-race scuffle in Las Vegas is over.
- Return To His Asphalt Roots With Alaska Track Opening Historic Title Run For CreechSuccessful ReturnTo His Asphalt Roots With Alaska Track OpeningBy Adam Fenwick, NASCARHomeTracks.comDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - The 2016 season served as a return home of sorts for 40-year-old Justin Creech.
The veteran racer from Anchorage, Alaska, started his racing career on asphalt, but after the track he started on shut down he and his family race team transitioned to racing sprint cars and Legends cars on dirt.&nb
- CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- NASCAR has decided not to penalize Kyle Busch, Joey Logano of their crews for their post-race scuffle at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
- Analyzing the NAPA Auto Parts 150 at Tucson SpeedwaySTAT ADVANCEK&N Pro West: TucsonAnalyzingThe NAPA Auto Parts 150 at Tucson SpeedwayTravis Barrett, Special to NASCARHomeTracks.comDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. — The 2017 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West begins with the NAPA Auto Parts Tucson 150 at Arizona's Tucson Speedway on Saturday, March 18. Below is a look at the NAPA Auto Parts 150 and some of the selected participants.
NAPA Auto Parts Tucson 150 Race Setup:
• For the first tim
- Analyzing the Performance Plus 150 at Myrtle BeachSTAT ADVANCEWhelen Modified: Myrtle BeachAnalyzing thePerformance Plus 150 at Myrtle Beach SpeedwayBy Kyle Souza, NASCARHomeTracks.comDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – The NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour will open the 2017 season on Saturday at Myrtle Beach Speedway in South Carolina. Below is a statistical look at the Performance Plus 150, including selected driver notes:
- Tracks Starting To Take The Green Flag For 2017Fast Start For Whelen All-American SeriesTracks Starting To Take The Green Flag For 2017By Adam Fenwick, NASCARHomeTracks.comDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - Drivers from all over the country are already in hot pursuit of NASCAR Whelen All-American Series track championships.
The season is officially underway at a number of tracks, with even more slated to begin the racing season by the end of March.
- High-Banked Dirt Oval In Oregon Set For First Year With NelsonCoos Bay Adds Whelen All-American SanctionHigh-Banked Dirt Oval In Oregon Set For First Year With NelsonOfficial ReleaseDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – The racing season at Coos Bay Speedway takes the green flag on 2017 on April 1, and for the first time, the track will race under the NASCAR banner.
Coos Bay is a .387-mile high-banked dirt track in western Oregon. Located 2 ½ hours southwest of Eugene and less than 20 miles from th
- Coby's Quest For Fifth Title Faces Host Of ChallengersNEWS & NOTESWhelen Modified Tour: Myrtle BeachCoby's Quest For Fifth Title Faces Host Of ChallengersBy Kyle Souza, NASCARHomeTracks.comDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Doug Coby’s quest for a fourth consecutive championship will include some familiar faces as well as some new challengers as the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour begins a new era on Saturday.
- Kyle Busch had a gash on his forehead and blood running down his nose when he promised payback to Joey Logano.The tussle shoved NASCAR into the watercooler talk Monday alongside the NCAA Tournament, and the reason why should be a wakeup call to every stakeholder in the stagnant sport because, like it or not, Busch getting pummeled by Logano's crew is the lasting memory of the race.NASCAR can make any format change under the sun, try gimmicks, slick marketing or the Monster Energy Girls, but its
- Performance Parts 150 at Myrtle Beach SpeedwayWhelen Modified TourRACE PREVIEW: NEWS & NOTES | STAT ADVANCE | TRACK PAGE
EVENT LINKS: EVENT SCHEDULE | ENTRY LIST | PRACTICE RESULTS | QUALIFYING RESULTS | RACE RESULTS
- Will Chase Championship Title in 2017BeharBack In Action In the K&N Pro WestWillChase Championship Title in 2017Brooke Franceschini, NASCARSPOKANE, Wash. – Nicole Behar is making her return to the NASCAR K&N Pro Series West.
After competing in only four events in 2016, Behar will return to full-time competition this year. The 19-year-old from Otis Orchards, Washington, recorded two top-five and four top-10 finishes to finish 20th in the K&N Pro Series West final standings.
- Video: Car Featuring Chassis #50 Went To MishuMotors In Wiesbaden, Germany Team FJDelivers 50th NWES carCar Featuring Chassis #50 Went To MishuMotors In Wiesbaden, Germany Official ReleaseEight years after the first car left Team FJ headquarters in Blois, France to launch the first NASCAR Series outside North America, the NASCAR Whelen Euro Series reached an historic milestone on February 15th, 2017 when the 50th car produced by the French manufacturer was delivered to MishuMotors, a new G
- The introduction of stage racing has so far provided the intended effect of spicing up the NASCAR Cup Series.After taking advantage of Brad Keselowski's mechanical issues to sweep all three segments and take Sunday's race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Truex came into the media center and was asked about the Kyle Busch-Joey Logano pit-road brawl.Truex Jr. passed Brad Keselowski with two laps to go.
- Martin Truex Jr. finished speaking to reporters after winning the NASCAR Cup race Sunday and retreated into a corner of the media center where a tablet awaited with the video cued up.Truex had to see the Kyle Busch-Joey Logano brawl, too.''I'm sure NASCAR is going to love that one,'' Truex said.
- Joey Logano believes the evolving strategy of restarts has made it one of the most challenging aspects for a NASCAR driver.Logano got plenty of chances to test his skills Saturday in the Xfinity race, and made all the right moves.Logano pulled away from Kyle Larson on a restart with four laps left and held on to win his 21st race in the second-tier circuit.
- When Erik Jones climbs into his NASCAR Cup Series car Sunday, an important watch will be stowed away in his nearby motorhome.Jones reached the pinnacle of stock-car racing this year amid a void.Jones is one of NASCAR's hottest young drivers, going from Truck Series champion in 2015 to the Xfinity Series rookie of the year in 2016 to a job with Furniture Row Racing when it added a second Cup car this season.
- Joins EpiPen On No. 18 For Pinty's Series Title RunTagliani Adds Lowe's To 2017 TeamJoins EpiPen On No. 18 For Pinty's Series Title RunTeam ReleaseTORONTO – In one of NASCAR Canada’s biggest sponsorship announcements, Tagliani Autosport, in conjunction with 22 Racing, revealed Saturday that it had secured a major sponsorship from home improvement giant, Lowe’s Canada, for its 2017 NASCAR Pinty’s Series season.
At the Toronto Motorama Custom Car & Motorsport Show press
- Brad Keselowski will begin his bid for a third victory in the past four NASCAR Cup races at Las Vegas Motor Speedway from the pole after topping qualifying Friday night.Keselowski, who also won last week's race at Atlanta, made up ground in the final two turns and posted a top seed of 193.68 mph in his No. 2 Ford for his 13th career pole.
- Kurt Busch brought up front-end geometry, serpentine systems and aerodynamic balance.The Daytona 500 champion was trying to explain Ford's superiority in first two weeks of the NASCAR Cup season.''We upgraded in in all categories at Stewart-Haas,'' Busch said Friday.
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. was ticked off with his ill-handling car early in Friday's first NASCAR Cup practice.From a road rage incident while riding his bike to exasperation over his Washington Redskins, Junior is going through a rough patch.Of course, nothing compares to the real struggles Earnhardt endured as he missed the final half of the 2016 season because of lingering effects of a concussion.
- The signature event remains in Florida and most race teams call North Carolina home, but the nation's gambling mecca is about to become NASCAR's busiest market.This week's announcement that Las Vegas Motor Speedway will host six races yearly in NASCAR's top three circuits starting in 2018 suits Daytona 500 champion Kurt Busch just fine.While the Runnin' Rebels have fallen on hard times in hoops, the Las Vegas sports scene has never been more crowded as the city's population grows and the city re
- DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) -- Championship team owners Joe Gibbs and Roger Penske as well as the late Davey Allison are among five new nominees for the 2018 NASCAR Hall of Fame class.
- Las Vegas Motor Speedway will host two top-tier NASCAR races beginning in 2018.The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority board of directors approved a race sponsorship agreement with the track and parent company Speedway Motorsports Inc. on Wednesday, with this year's race coming up on Sunday.''Las Vegas and Las Vegas Motor Speedway have become great destinations for NASCAR fans,'' said Steve O'Donnell, NASCAR executive vice president and chief racing development officer.
- Kansas Dirt Track Set To Go Green With Battle At The BullringHumboldt Joins Whelen All-American SeriesKansas Dirt Track Set To Go Green With Battle At The BullringOfficial ReleaseDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – The track that helped launch Clint Bowyer’s four-wheel racing career will join the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series for the 2017 season.
Humboldt Speedway, a .387-mile D-shaped high-banked clay oval, will kick off its NASCAR action this weekend with the Battle At The Bullring. The trac
- Tourism officials in Las Vegas will gather Wednesday to discuss a deal that could result in the city hosting an additional NASCAR top Cup series race starting in 2018.The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority's board of directors have scheduled a special meeting to discuss a race sponsorship agreement with the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, which already hosts a Cup race every year.The Convention and Visitors Authority is expected to pay a sponsorship fee of $1 million per race and commit to sp
- CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- NASCAR has fined three teams for penalties tied to last weekend's races at Atlanta Motor Speedway and hardest hit was AJ Allmendinger for loose lug nuts on his car.
- Teams And Drivers Discover The New Italian Venue, Media And Fans Enjoy A Full Immersion In NWES PaddockNWES Prologue A Resounding SuccessTeams And Drivers Discover The New Italian Venue,Media And Fans Enjoy Full Immersion In The NWES PaddockOfficial ReleaseThe 2017 NASCAR Whelen Euro Series held its first ever official Prologue on Friday at the Autodromo di Franciacorta in Italy. Eight teams and over 20 drivers came to Franciacorta to discover the track that will host the NWES Semi Finals on Sep
- Rivalries are the lifeblood of sports, and NASCAR sorely needs a few to spice up the action.Mrs. Harvick was upset that Dillon seemed to lose power in the waning laps at Atlanta Motor Speedway, where his decision to stay on the track caused a race-altering caution.Because Dillon didn't pull off, NASCAR brought out the yellow flag and the field headed to pit road for a final stop.
- From Brad Keselowski's perspective, it was just a matter of things evening out.Sure, he slipped away from Atlanta Motor Speedway with a victory that seemed downright improbable most of the day.''We've had races where we've led a bunch of laps and things fall apart at the end,'' Keselowski said Sunday evening, savoring the 22nd victory of his career with his nearly 2-year-old daughter, Scarlett, crawling around on the floor of the media center.
- A penalty for driving too fast on pit road ruins a dominating performance for Kevin Harvick, who led for 293 of 325 laps. Brad Keselowski took advantage to steal the win.
Follow @NewsNascarUSA on Twitter!