- Martin Truex Jr. showed up at Talladega Superspeedway determined to be at the front of the field and in control of his chances in NASCAR's playoffs.The run came after NASCAR confiscated a bolt from his Toyota, but Truex said he was not worried about ramifications to his Furniture Row Racing team.
- TALLADEGA, Ala. (AP) -- Martin Truex Jr. overcame an issue in inspection to win the pole for the playoff elimination race at Talladega Superspeedway.
- TALLADEGA, Ala. (AP) -- Grant Enfinger grabbed his first career NASCAR victory - at his home track, no less - by holding off the pack to win the Truck Series race at Talladega Superspeedway.
- Chase Elliott has been inching toward his first career Sprint Cup victory all year, only to come up short time and time again.There have been five times this year that Elliott has finished second or third.Then a tire problem at Kansas dropped him to last in the Chase for the Sprint Cup standings and on the edge of elimination.
- Action, Fun And Great Crowd Highlighted The Last Round Of The 2016 SeasonNWES FinalsHuge Public Success At ZolderAction, Fun And Great Crowd Highlighted The Last Round Of The 2016 SeasonGian Luca Guiglia, NWESThe October 8-9 final event of the 2016 NASCAR Whelen Euro Series season at Circuit Zolder left an indelible mark in EuroNASCAR’s history with a huge success, the result of a unique mix of exciting door-to-door action on track, a one-of-a-kind Grand Marshal in NASCAR legend Jeff Gordo
- Returns In 2017 With Full Championship SchedulePEAK Becomes New Title Sponsor In MexicoReturns In 2017 With Full Championship ScheduleOfficial ReleaseDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. — During an event with team owners, drivers, local dignitaries and media at the InterContinental Presidente Hotel in Mexico City, NASCAR today announced plans to strengthen its presence in Mexico for years to come with a full slate of races in 2017 and beyond. Also announced was a multi-year agreement with Old World Indust
- NASCAR will resurrect its series in Mexico behind new title sponsor PEAK, an automotive products company seeking to boost its profile.The rebranded NASCAR PEAK Mexico Series will mark its return with an exhibition race in Mexico City in December.The announcement Tuesday night in Mexico City was attended by Daniel Suarez, who used the series as a starting point that led to his current ride with Joe Gibbs Racing.
- 2016 NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Track ChampionsWhelen All-American SeriesTRACK
Adams County Speedway
O'Reilly Auto Parts Late Model
Mount Ayr, Iowa
Airborne Park Speedway
Ernie's Discount Tools Sportsman Modified
Alaska Raceway Park
Pruhs Construction Late Model
- Brad Keselowski thought playing it safe over two races would slide him into the third round of NASCAR's playoffs.Then he wrecked at Kansas Speedway and plummeted to the bottom of the Chase standings.Now Keselowski is facing elimination at Talladega Superspeedway.
- After departing the celebration in victory lane at Kansas on Sunday, Kevin Harvick reflected on how his Stewart-Haas Racing team always seems to rally when its back is against the wall.Chase Elliott and Brad Keselowski just may need to follow suit.Harvick dealt with a mechanical issue a week ago at Charlotte that put him in a big hole heading to the second stop in the Chase's round of 12.
- Outruns Pulliam To Take Late Model ShowcaseLooney Holds On For Martinsville WinOutruns Pulliam To Take Late Model ShowcaseBy Matt Weaver, Special To NASCARHomeTracks.comMARTINSVILLE, Va. -- Mike Looney withstood a furious charge from Lee Pulliam over the final 10 laps but emerged victorious on Sunday in the ValleyStar Credit Union 300 at Martinsville Speedway.
With nine laps to go, Pulliam actually got under Looney and climbed up his door panel when they came together off the exit of Turn 4. Loo
- 3rd Straight Whelen Mod Crown; Bonsignore Wins At ThompsonCoby Marches To Fourth ChampionshipThird Straight Whelen Modified Crown; Bonsignore Wins At ThompsonTHOMPSON, Conn. -- It took 10 seasons, bouncing between full and part-time rides, for Doug Coby to get his second career NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour victories.
Since then, thought, the Milford, Connecticut, driver has compiled a resume that puts him among the elite Modified drivers of all-time.
- No matter what kind of misfortune befalls Kevin Harvick in the early rounds of the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship, his team always seems to get things together when it matters.One week after a mechanical issue doomed him to a lousy finish at Charlotte, and put his hopes of advancing to the round of eight in jeopardy, Harvick roared to the front on the final restart to win at Kansas Speedway and take all of the pressure off next week's elimination race at Talladega.''These races are hard t
- Becomes Youngest NASCAR Champ; Partridge Wins K&N West FinaleGilliland Wraps Up Historic SeasonBecomes Youngest NASCAR Champ; Partridge Wins K&N West FinaleBy Brooke Franceschini, NASCARROSEVILLE, Calif. - Todd Gilliland started the season with a historic winning streak. Wrapping it up Saturday night, an eighth-place finish was more than enough for the teenager to add to the record books.
- Joined By Pulliam On Front Row For Late Model ShowcaseLooneyLocks In Martinsville PoleJoined By PulliamOn Front Row For Late Model ShowcaseMatt Weaver, Special To NASCARHomeTracks.comMARTINSVILLE, Va. -- The front row for the ValleyStar Credit Union 300 has been set with Mike Looney and Lee Pulliam earning the right to lead the field to green on Sunday afternoon at Martinsville Speedway in Virginia.
- Kyle Busch continued his dominance of the Xfinity Series at Kansas Speedway on Saturday.Elliott Sadler and Daniel Suarez continued their chase for a title.Pulling double-duty this weekend, Busch led 150 of the 200 laps in a thoroughly dominant performance for his ninth series win of the season.
- Carl Edwards generally loves the two races a year at Kansas Speedway.It's the second stop in the three-race round of 12 in the championship Chase, and a win would take the stress out of Talladega by assuring him a spot in the next round.''It's pretty obvious the pressure is pretty high in general with this format,'' said Edwards, who will start third on Sunday .
- Kurt Busch had a tire go down in the final seconds of the last practice session for Sunday's Sprint Cup race at Kansas, sending his car spinning down the track and into the front-stretch grass.The car plowed through the mud and sustained significant damage on Saturday, forcing Busch into his backup car for the race.
- Joe Gibbs Racing made another big statement in qualifying at Kansas Speedway on Friday.The dominant Sprint Cup team this season, JGR swept the top three spots for the second race in the round of 12 of the Chase.Matt Kenseth will start on the pole after his lap of 192.089 mph, Kyle Busch will start alongside him and Carl Edwards will start right behind them in third.
- Jimmie Johnson could feel the pressure mounting all season as he continued to turn into the garage area rather than Victory Lane after failing to win Sprint Cup races.The six-time champion made a big move in his pursuit of a record-tying seventh when Johnson won the opening race in the round of 12 of the Chase.It locked him into the round of eight, taking the pressure off not only at Kansas Speedway on Sunday but unpredictable Talladega next week.
- KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) -- NASCAR is unveiling its rules package for next season, changes designed to reduce downforce and give drivers more control of the race.
- Jimmie Johnson described a less-than-ideal working relationship between Hendrick Motorsports and Stewart-Haas Racing on Friday, prompting his team general manager to clarify how the teams shared information.Stewart-Haas has gotten its Chevrolet engines and chassis from Hendrick Motorsports since it began in 2009, but that relationship is poised to end.Stewart-Haas announced this year it would be switching to Roush Yates Engines that power Ford teams for next season.
- High School Student Tops Impressive Field To Win HonorSwansonCollects Sunoco Rookie AwardHigh School StudentTops Impressive Field To Win HonorTim Southers, NASCARDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Matt Swanson is unique among his high school peers.
While the other student-athletes at his school participate in a multitude of sports, Swanson is the only one who is a full-time race car driver. And Swanson has excelled in his first season on the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour. So much so that he's clinch
- N.Y. Native Wins Whelen Southern Modified AwardBonsignore Secures Sunoco Rookie AwardN.Y. NativeWins Whelen Southern Modified AwardTim Southers, NASCARDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Kyle Bonsignore had one goal as he began his first full-time season of competition in the NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour: Improve on his limited number of starts last season and get better every race.
Bonsignore used nine top-10 finishes in 11 races to finish a solid seventh in the fina
- The excitement level over the next two Chase races could very well vary from fan to fan.Because five Chase drivers had trouble at Charlotte, Brad Keselowski believes the dynamic has changed for the rest of the field.The opening race of the second round of the Chase saw five drivers finish 30th or worse , and now only eight points separates Denny Hamlin in eight place from Kevin Harvick in 12th.
- Analyzing the Toyota/NAPA Auto Parts 150STAT ADVANCEK&N Pro West: All AmericanAnalyzingthe Toyota/NAPA Auto Parts 150By Brooke Franceschini, NASCARDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – The NASCAR K&N Pro Series West will crown its 2016 champion Saturday at California’s All American Speedway following the Toyota/NAPA Auto Parts 150 presented by TriCo Welding Supplies. Below is a look at the past performance of the series and selected driver highlights.
Toyota/NAPA Auto Parts 150 Race Setup:
- Analyzing the Sunoco World Series 150 presented by XtraMartSTAT ADVANCEWhelen Modified: ThompsonAnalyzingthe Sunoco World Series 150 presented by XtraMartTravis Barrett, Special to NASCARHomeTracks.comDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. — The NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour makes its fourth and final stop of the season at Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park in Thompson, Connecticut, for the season-ending Sunoco World Series 150 presented by XtraMart on Sunday, October 16. Below is a look at the race itself and
- The Championship Battle Comes To A Close In RosevilleNEWS & NOTESK&N Pro West: All AmericanThe Championship BattleComes To A Close At All American SpeedwayBy Brooke Franceschini, NASCARDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – The championship battle between Todd Gilliland and Ryan Partridge will come to a close this weekend at California’s All American Speedway.
Gilliland, 16, from Sherrills Ford, N.C., holds a 25-point lead over Partridge, 28, from Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., headed into the Toy
- When it's all said and done at the end of this season, NASCAR just might have to thank Hurricane Matthew for saving its Chase.It sure didn't seem like that when rain was trying to swamp the weekend at Charlotte Motor Speedway.Forced to run two races on Sunday, both NASCAR and Charlotte Motor Speedway somehow managed to pull off a miracle.
- It should have been catastrophic nearly any way Joey Logano looked at his situation.At the moment, Logano's only saving grace was that Kevin Harvick had his own disabled vehicle and was stuck watching Sunday's race at Charlotte Motor Speedway roll on without them.Then Austin Dillon wrecked, Chase Elliott, too.
- Fifth Whelen Modified Win Extends Championship LeadCoby Continues Stafford RollFifth Whelen Modified Win Extends Championship LeadBy Jason Cunningham, special to NASCAR Home TracksSTAFFORD, Conn. (Oct. 9, 2016) – Doug Coby is the modern day dominator of Stafford Motor Speedway. Nothing that happened Sunday changed that fact.
Despite a delay of a week, and nearly seven more hours during a rain-drenched Sunday, Coby still reigns supreme with a victory in the NAPA Fall Final 150.
- Whelen Modified TourRACE PREVIEW: NEWS & NOTES | STAT ADVANCE | TRACK PAGE
EVENT LINKS: EVENT SCHEDULE | ENTRY LIST | PRACTICE RESULTS | QUALIFYING RESULTS | RACE RESULTS
- Joey Logano snatched a win away from Kyle Larson in the second race of a NASCAR doubleheader.Logano passed Larson on a restart with 12 laps to go to win the Xfinity Series race Sunday at Charlotte Motor Speedway.The race was originally scheduled for Friday night but washed out by Hurricane Matthew and run following the Sprint Cup race.
- Gabillon Wins Final Race Of The Season, Huge Success For The Belgian EventWhelen Euro Elite 1Kumpen Crowned Two-Time NWES ChampionGabillon Wins Final Race Of The SeasonHuge Success For The Belgian EventGian Luca Guiglia, NWESIn a dramatic last race of the 2016 season, Anthony Kumpen (#24 PK Carsport Chevrolet SS) was crowned NASCAR Whelen Euro Series Champion for the second time in his career while Frederic Gabillon (#3 Tepac RDV Compétition Ford Mustang) won his fourth race of the season
- Caps Record Setting Season With Dominant 8th WinWhelen Euro Elite 2Longin Wins Race And TitleCaps Record Setting Season With Dominant 8th WinGian Luca Guiglia, NWESAfter a dramatic 24th place in Saturday’s race, Stienes Longin (#11 PK Carsport Chevrolet SS) erased every doubt about the final result of the ELITE 2 Division Championship by leading every lap of the final race of the season and capping a record-setting 2016 campaign with his 8th win to claim the 2016 ELITE 2 Championship title
- Yep, it has been a rough season for Hendrick Motorsports - but Jimmie Johnson is out to salvage it.Johnson gained some big-time momentum and a measure of breathing room on Sunday in his quest for a record-tying seventh Cup championship, winning at Charlotte to advance to the third round for the first time since the new playoff format was established in 2014.''We knew we would get back'' in victory lane, Johnson said.
- Just like that, Jimmie Johnson has a seventh championship within reach.Johnson salvaged a ho-hum season with a strong win Sunday at Charlotte Motor Speedway that moves him into the third round of the playoffs.Denny Hamlin and Kevin Harvick both had engine issues.
- Leads From Flag To Flag, Longin Hits Dramatic TroubleWhelen Euro ELITE 2Gardel Back In ContentionLeads From Flag To FlagLongin Hits Dramatic TroubleGian Luca Guiglia, NWESGabriele Gardel (#24 PK Carsport Chevrolet SS) took the win by leading flag to flag in a tight ELITE 2 Final 1 at Circuit Zolder. The Swiss won for the second time this year after taking the first Semi Final race at Adria, Italy in September that suddenly propelled him back into title contention, cutting Stienes Longin’s
- Alex Bowman believes Dale Earnhardt Jr. helped his racing career once already when he gave him a handful of starts with JR Motorsports.Now sidelined for the year with a concussion, Earnhardt also helped Bowman by recommending him as a replacement driver at Hendrick Motorsports.''Dale Earnhardt Jr. saved my career two years ago when he gave me that chance in the Xfinity car,'' Bowman said.
- CONCORD, N.C. (AP) -- Hurricane Matthew has washed out Saturday night's Sprint Cup race at Charlotte Motor Speedway and led NASCAR to schedule a doubleheader Sunday.
- Fifth Win Of The Season, Stretches His Lead To 31 PointsWhelen Euro Elite 1Kumpen Puts His Hands On The TitleFifth Win Of The SeasonStretches His Lead To 31 PointsGian Luca Guiglia, NWESAnthony Kumpen (#24 PK Carsport Chevrolet SS) grabbed his fifth win of the season – the seventh ih his NASCAR career – on his home track by conquering the first race of the American Festival Circuit Zolder NASCAR Finals. After a good start from second place, the Belgian took advantage of an early cont
- Second Pole Of The Season For The Israeli, Third For The BelgianQUALIFYINGFinals Pole For Day And Longin Second Pole Of The Season For The IsraeliThird For The BelgianGian Luca Guiglia, NWESThe nail-biting battle for the ELITE 1 pole position went to Alon Day (#54 CAAL Racing Chevrolet SS), who edged points-leader Anthony Kumpen (#24 PK Carsport Chevrolet SS) by a mere 14 one-thousandths of a second, while Stienes Longin (#11 PK Carsport Chevrolet SS) dominated the ELITE 2 Superpole en route to
- DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) -- Daytona International Speedway officials say the famed track has ''moderate damage'' from Hurricane Matthew.
- Of the 12 drivers remaining in NASCAR's playoffs, the odds makers have ranked Austin Dillon last in the championship race.Only he did make the cut, and now Dillon intends to creep even further into the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship.This is Dillon's debut in the Chase and he went into last weekend's elimination race at Dover in danger of being bounced from the field.
- Three Title Contenders At The Top In ELITE 1, Longin Dominates In ELITE 2PRACTICEDay And Longin Fastest At ZolderThree Title Contenders At The Top In ELITE 1Longin Dominates In ELITE 2Gian Luca Guiglia, NWESTitle contender and NASCAR Next driver Alon Day (#54 CAAL Racing Chevrolet SS) opened the NASCAR Whelen Euro Series Finals weekend by posting the fastest lap time of the two free practice sessions at Circuit Zolder, while Stienes Longin (#11 PK Carsport Chevrolet SS) led the way in ELIT
- CONCORD, N.C. (AP) -- Rain has washed out all NASCAR activity at Charlotte Motor Speedway, including Friday night's Xfinity Series race.
- Veteran Wins Second Championship; Preece Wins RaceMyersCelebrates Whelen Title at CharlotteVeteranWins Second Championship; Preece Wins RaceTim Southers, NASCARCONCORD, N.C. – Ryan Preece made an impressive pass by George Brunnhoelzl III and went on to win the Bad Boy Off Road Southern Slam 150 Thursday night on the quarter-mile track at Charlotte Motor Speedway for his third win on the southern tour.
While Preece celebrated the win, Burt Myers enjoyed winning his second NASCAR Whelen Sout
- Kevin Harvick has already proven he's a factor at Charlotte Motor Speedway, especially during night races.With the top starting spot Saturday night, he'll be tough to beat in the opening race of the second round of NASCAR's playoffs.Chase Elliott qualified third and was followed by Kyle Busch, the highest qualifying Toyota driver, Tony Stewart and AJ Allmendinger.
- Jimmie Johnson might hold the Charlotte Motor Speedway record with seven wins, but lately Kevin Harvick has been better there.In his last seven starts at the 1.5-mile track, Harvick has registered two wins, three second-place finishes and no showing worse than ninth.The No. 4 Chevrolet driver will attempt to notch another Queen City victory in Saturday's Bank of America 500 at Charlotte Motor Speedway (7 p.m. ET on NBC) - the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Round of 12 opener.
- CONCORD, N.C. (AP) -- Martin Truex Jr. spent almost a decade trying to climb his way into NASCAR's top tier. He didn't win races, never led many laps, wasn't considered an elite driver capable of winning championships.
Follow @NewsNascarUSA on Twitter!