- Jose Aldo feels Max Holloway hasn’t fought the cream of the crop in the featherweight division. On June 3, Aldo will put his Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) featherweight title on the line against interim champion Max Holloway in a unification bout. The two will meet inside the Jeunesse Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in the […]
- Tecia Torres is a standout fighter in the UFC’s strawweight division. But despite the confidence she’s always projected in the cage, she’s struggled with body image issues.
Torres has decided to open up about her struggle. In a recent Instagram post, she talked about body image, bullying, and inspiring people to love themselves for who they are. She’s also going to write about it in an upcoming issue of Teen Vogue.
Check out her full post below: Truth be told, for as long
- Ronaldo Souza underwent surgery Thursday morning in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
The UFC middleweight contender, who recently suffered a TKO loss to Robert Whittaker in Kansas City, revealed that he suffered a pectoral rupture during his UFC on FOX 24 bout.
Souza underwent a two-and-a-half hour surgery at the Vitoria hospital, and his doctor Rickson Moraes deemed it a success.
“Alongside with Dr. Rickson, I decided to undergo surgery to heal this injury once and for all,” Souza stated in
- Tyson Nam did it again.
Nam, a 33-year-old WSOF veteran, rose to prominence in 2012 following a stunning knockout of Bellator bantamweight champion Eduardo Dantas at a regional event in Brazil. And on Friday, history repeated itself in Moscow, Russia, as Nam scored a massive upset over a hometown favorite — one-time UFC title challenger Ali Bagautinov — with a single second left on the clock in the main event of Fight Nights Global 64.
In a fight he was literally moments away from lo
- Vitor Belfort will get his wish and make his final Octagon appearance at UFC 212 in Rio de Janeiro.
- Bellator MMA’s previously reported signing of former UFC bantamweight title challenger Valerie Letourneau is now official, but the California-based promotion isn’t done bolstering the roster of its female flyweight division.
- Vitor Belfort will be making his last walk to the Octagon in Brazil.
The UFC is officially targeting a middleweight bout between Belfort and fellow veteran Nate Marquardt for UFC 212, which is set to take place on June 3 at the Jeunesse Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The original report was made by Combate, and was later confirmed by MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani.Belfort, a former UFC champion and a legend in the sport, last fought in March in the main event of UFC Fight Night 106 where he suff
- Valérie Létourneau, who went five rounds with UFC strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk at UFC 193 in November 2015 with the title on the line, is the latest former UFC fighter to join Bellator MMA. Létourneau announced the news on her official Twitter today, noting that she’d be taking part in the promotion’s flyweight (125lbs) division. […]
- Bellator MMA is making a major commitment to its women’s flyweight division.
The promotion announced the signing of six new fighters to the 125-pound weight class Friday, including former UFC title challenger Valerie Letourneau. MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani reported Letourneau was on the verge of signing with Bellator last week.
Also added to the Bellator roster are Ultimate Fighter veteran Kristi Lopez, Alejandra Lara, Sabriye Sengul, Na Liang and Juliana Velasquez. The press releas
- UFC debuts are hard enough. Now compound that with your fight getting pulled and re-booked just one day out and the Internet talking about a very personal thing in your life. That was Pearl Gonzalez’s first foray into the Octagon.
Gonzalez admitted to Ariel Helwani on Monday’s edition of The MMA Hour that she was not as focused as she should have been at UFC 210 against Cynthia Calvillo in what ended up being a third-round submission loss.Who could blame her? Gonzalez was told by the
- One prominent figure believes there is still a long way to go before a boxing superfight between Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather becomes a reality.
- It appears that the Ultimate Fighting Championship’s lightweight division will get even deeper very soon.
- It appears a boxing showdown between Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather has reached an impasse. The sports world is still waiting to see if Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight title holder McGregor and boxing icon Mayweather will trade leather this year. “Notorious” has said that it’s the only fight on his mind at the moment, […]
- If there’s one thing about the UFC that has changed over the last year or two, it’s…well, it’s hard to put a finger on. For starters, there used to be better fibs getting kicked around, from people who cared about the product enough that they didn’t mind telling you that this effing sport was bigger than soccer, or that Jeremy Stephens would be out of jail in plenty of time to fight in Minneapolis. Fun lies. The kind you could get behind if you only gave over to im
- The planned final fight for Vitor Belfort inside the Octagon is expected to come this June, as “The Phenom” meets Nate Marquardt at UFC 212. Combate first reported the bout for the June 3 event that will feature Jose Aldo vs. Max Holloway for the unified featherweight title. Anderson Silva is still scheduled to remain […]
- Leonardo Santos doesn’t quite grasp how the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) rankings work. Santos has gone 5-0-1 since entering the UFC and holds a TKO victory over Kevin Lee. Despite his success, Santos is nowhere to be seen in the lightweight rankings. Lee is now ranked 12th, but he’s been far more active since his […]
- On Saturday, Anthony Joshua will put his IBF heavyweight title on the line against Wladimir Klitschko at Wembley Stadium in London, England, in what is the biggest heavyweight match in boxing in over a decade.
- While Johny Hendricks is preparing for Tim Boetsch at UFC Fight Night 112 later this year, the former UFC welterweight champion can’t help but ponder a former opponent. Georges St-Pierre announced plans to come out of a self-imposed retirement and compete at middleweight, where “Bigg Rigg” currently fights, as well. Hendricks pushed St-Pierre to the […]
- Justin Flores, the judo coach for former UFC female bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey, doesn’t believe she’ll compete again inside the Octagon – at least not at this time. Rousey, who recently became engaged to UFC heavyweight Travis Browne, returned this past December and was promptly finished by Amanda Nunes. In 2015, she dropped the title […]
- The MMA News Podcast has reached its 19th episode. Hosts Josh Stephens and Tim Thompson return for the latest edition of the podcast. The pair get the show started talking about UFC Fight Night 108. They explain why they felt the event over-performed. Stephens and Thompson run down the card from the first bout to […]
- Jorge Masvidal is convinced that he’s fighting Demian Maia on May 13 because the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) wants Maia to lose. Masvidal is currently ranked fifth on the official UFC welterweight rankings, while Maia holds the third spot. “Gamebred” meets Maia inside the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas as part of the UFC […]
- When Ben Askren signed with ONE Championship in late 2013, he was widely considered to be one of the most talented welterweight fighters in the world. He quickly did what many observers expected him to do, too, blitzing through back-to-back opponents to capture the ONE welterweight title with ease by mid-2014. But these days, nearly three years after he became ONE’s welterweight king, Askren still has yet to defend his belt in any official capacity, and not for a lack of trying.A series of
- For the last year, the MMA world has been dominated by Conor McGregor’s quest to transcend MMA and fight Floyd Mayweather in a boxing match. The idea caught fire with mainstream sports fans and the groundswell of support for the endeavor eventually reached such heights that now UFC President Dana White has committed himself to doing what he can to make the fight happen. What was once scoffed at as mere promotional bluster suddenly seemed like it was an impending reality.
But no so fast bec
- Wanderlei Silva wants bouts with three familiar foes. “The Axe Murderer” is set to meet Chael Sonnen inside Madison Square Garden in New York City for Bellator NYC on June 24. The grudge match will headline the pay-per-view (PPV). It’ll be Silva’s Bellator debut. After his bout with Sonnen, Silva doesn’t plan on walking away […]
- Aljamain Sterling believes fans who poke fun at Al Iaquinta don’t have the full story. A lot has been said about Iaquinta’s verbal assault on the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). Some feel “Raging” shouldn’t be complaining because he’s the one who signed his contract and agreed to fight again after a two-year absence. Others scoff […]
- Tony Ferguson believes Nate Diaz would blow a huge opportunity if he doesn’t fight him. Ferguson was scheduled to battle Khabib Nurmagomedov last month at UFC 209. The bout was to determine the interim Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight title holder. A botched weight cut forced Nurmagomedov off the card. With Nurmagomedov out for a […]
- Michael Bisping is a fan of Al Iaquinta’s fighting style, but he doesn’t agree with his recent outbursts. It’s no secret that Iaquinta is a disgruntled fighter with the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). “Raging” wasn’t happen with the money he was making on his UFC deal before taking a two-year break and he still isn’t […]
- A.J. McKee isn’t afraid to express his aspirations. McKee is a top prospect in Bellator’s featherweight division. The “Mercenary” has a professional mixed martial arts (MMA) record of 8-0. He opened up a lot of eyes in his last bout. McKee knocked out Dominic Mazzotta via head kick in the first round at Bellator 178. Having […]
- Glover Teixeira isn’t fond of the idea that Jimi Manuwa could receive a title shot. Teixeira, who is currently the second ranked Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight, is scheduled to meet Alexander Gustafsson on May 28 inside the Ericsson Globe in Stockholm, Sweden for UFC Fight Night 109. Reigning UFC light heavyweight title holder Daniel […]
- The UFC is about to make another trip to Alberta. In a statement on their official website, the promotion confirmed Thursday that it will its debut in Edmonton this September. The visit will make the home of the Oilers the second Alberta city the promotion has graced, following Calgary. The event will be held at […]
- Mickey Gall says the most nervous he’s been for a fight was the one against CM Punk. Going into their UFC 203 bout, analysts and fans didn’t give Punk much of a chance against Gall due to the lack of experience. It was obvious that Punk was outmatched as he was easily taken down and […]
- The result of Josh Thomson’s fight against Patricky Freire at Bellator 172 looks pretty clear in the record books — a second-round knockout victory for Freire. Thomson, though, is asking the California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) to dig a little deeper.The longtime MMA veteran is appealing the defeat to Freire from that Feb. 18 fight in San Jose due to a headbutt being involved in the sequence of events that led to the finish, CSAC executive officer Andy Foster confirmed with MM
- The feud between T.J. Dillashaw and Team Alpha Male has persisted. And Dillashaw coaching against Cody Garbrandt on The Ultimate Fighter 25 — and challenging him for the UFC title in July — is like throwing fuel on the fire.
Urijah Faber, the patriarch of Team Alpha Male, is on Garbrandt’s TUF coaching staff. He and Dillashaw got into a heated altercation on the second episode of the show, which aired Wednesday night on FS1.
The crux of their beef is over how Dillashaw left the
- If you were hoping to see Ronda Rousey fight again, you got your wish — sort of.
Rousey, the former UFC women’s bantamweight champion, can be seen in some fight scenes May 3 on the NBC show “Blindspot.” Rousey posted a promo video — complete with her kicking some butt — Thursday afternoon.Quick promo for my @nbcblindspot guest appearance airing this Wednesday, May 3rd at 8pm/7c on @NBC pic.twitter.com/PkSiDoceHN— Ronda Rousey (@RondaRousey) April 27, 201
- Al Iaquinta’s raging rants have been the story of MMA this week. Kevin Lee was the victim of some choice Twitter barbs from Iaquinta on Tuesday. So on Thursday, the Detroit native responded to his former UFC lightweight foe.
In an Instagram post, which featured a photo of Lee punching Iaquinta during their 2014 fight, Lee lobbed some trash talk right back at “Raging Al,” poking fun at his real-estate career and saying nobody wants to hear him complain about his UFC contract.
- The Ultimate Fighting Championship could be part of Twitter’s live video plans in the near future.
- The Ultimate Fighting Championship will hold its first-ever event in Edmonton on Sept. 9.
- These are heady days for Edmonton sports fans.
For one thing, the NHL’s Oilers are currently in the second round of the Stanley Cup playoffs, their first postseason run in a decade.
For another, the UFC will visit the Alberta city for the first time.UFC 216 will be held at Edmonton’s Rogers Place on Saturday, Sept. 9, the UFC announced Thursday.No bouts have yet been announced for the card.This will be the 24th UFC card in Canada, dating back to the memorable debut at UFC 83 in Montr
- Tyron Woodley will likely be defending his title this summer.
- Victory FC announced this week that the promotion’s heavyweight titlist will be facing a new opponent at VFC 57.
- A rematch between UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier and former titleholder Jon Jones is targeted for UFC 214 on July 29, and another top 205-pounder thinks that’s the right call.
Glover Teixeira, who challenged Jones for the gold back in 2014, disagreed with the suggestion that Jimi Manuwa could be next in line for Cormier instead of the returning Jones.
“Jimi Manuwa isn’t qualified to fight for the belt,” Teixeira told MMA Fighting. "He didn’t beat any
- Al Iaquinta will discuss his impressive win over Diego Sanchez this weekend.
- Frank Mir will talk about his recent two-year suspension from USADA.
- Chris Weidman will reflect on his controversial loss to Gegard Mousasi at UFC 210.
- Conor McGregor's manager Audie Attar will discuss the potential Floyd Mayweather fight and much more involving his clients.
- Ryan Bader and Phil Davis fought once before, with “Darth” coming out the winner via split decision back in 2015. Now, two-plus years later, Bader will try to make it 2-0 vs. “Mr. Wonderful” when they collide at Bellator 180 – and this time, the light heavyweight title is on the line. Bader signed with […]
- Holly Holm will look ahead to her June 17 main event against Bethe Correia.
- Mike Perry believes in the saying, “don’t bite the hand that feeds you.” Al Iaquinta has been less than thrilled with his Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) contract. In fact, he took a two-year break because of it. He returned in dominant fashion against Diego Sanchez, but then went on a Twitter rant blasting the UFC’s […]
- Robert Whittaker will reflect on his victory over Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza last weekend.
- Mike Perry has something to say about Al Iaquinta’s post-fight remarks in the aftermath of UFC Fight Night 108.Perry was one of four fighters to collect a bonus check at UFC Fight Night 108, having earned ‘Performance of the Night’ honors for his frightening knockout of Jake Ellenberger, which kicked off the event’s main card. Iaquinta, on the other hand, did not receive a $50,000 bonus for his co-main event knockout of Diego Sanchez — continuing a theme that has fr
Follow @NewsMMAUSA on Twitter!