- Derrick Lewis is willing to trade leather with Francis Ngannou. Lewis is fresh off his second-round knockout victory over Travis Browne last Sunday night (Feb. 19) in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. “The Black Beast” moved up to the seventh spot on the official Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) heavyweight rankings with the victory. He finds himself […]
- Joe Taimanglo will be returning to the Bellator cage this Friday night (March 3). Taimanglo is going head-to-head with Steve Garcia inside the WinStar World Casino in Thackerville, Oklahoma in the first main card bout of Bellator 174. The event will air live on Spike at 9 p.m. ET. The official YouTube channel of Bellator […]
- Rafael Carvalho and Melvin Manhoef will go at it once again for the Bellator middleweight title. Reigning Bellator middleweight title holder Carvalho took on Manhoef back in May 2016. “The Blessed” retained his title in a controversial split decision victory. Neither man has competed in a professional mixed martial arts (MMA) since that fight. The […]
- Rashad Evans returns to the octagon at UFC 209 on March 4 in Las Vagas’ T-Mobile Arena, where the former Light Heavyweight champion drops down to middleweight. Evans will take on Daniel Kelly in the event featuring a headline welterweight title rematch between Tyron Woodley and Stephen “Wonderboy” Thompson, in addition to an interim championship […]
- Khabib Nurmagomedov is not the first person who would spring to mind for many looking for an explanation of romantic comedy plots. That being said, there are many out there who would agree wholeheartedly with his interpretations. theChive caught up with the Russian fighter ahead of his lightweight interim championship title fight at UFC 209 this […]
- The first time around, it was a bizarrely uneventful fight with an unpopular judges’ decision. Now, Bellator will run it back.
Rafael Carvalho will defend his middleweight title against Melvin Manhoef in the main event of Bellator 176 on April 8 in Torino, Italy, according to Bellator officials Monday.
Carvalho (13-1) has not fought since beating Manhoef by split decision last May. He won the Bellator belt from Brandon Halsey via second-round knockout in October 2015. Carvalho, 30, has not
- Fredy Serrano has fought his last bout under the UFC’s banner, and will now look towards new opportunities in his MMA career. The flyweight’s last fight in the UFC will be his recent loss to Hector Sandoval in December at UFC on FOX 22, according to MMA Fighting. The Colombian saw two straight losses in his […]
- Khabib Nurmagomedov is looking forward to squaring off with Tony Ferguson at UFC 209 but is wary of the increased attention he has been receiving as of late. Nurmagomedov spoke to Ariel Helwani on Monday’s episode of The MMA Hour and discussed his upcoming interim lightweight title fight with Tony Ferguson at UFC 209. Reiterating previous comments […]
- Don’t expect Beneil Dariush to have a title shot on his mind constantly. The ninth ranked Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight will do battle with fifth ranked Edson Barboza on March 11. The two are going to be competing inside the Centro de Formacao Olimpica do Nordeste in Fortaleza, Brazil. The bout serves as the co-main […]
- Rory MacDonald is a fighter known for his ability to dish out punishment and take it in equal measure, and that is the way he wants it. “The Red King” was involved in an absolute bloodbath in 2015 against Robbie Lawler at UFC 189, which was undoubtedly the fight of the year and one of […]
- Bellator MMA is set to run back one of 2016's most controversial bouts. Monday, the promotion announced that middleweight champion Rafael Carvalho will make the second defense of his throne against veteran Dutch striker Melvin Manhoef
- On this episode of the podcast, we take a look at the losses or relatively poor if exceedingly rare performances from Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson to see if we can learn anything about their UFC 209 showdown.
- Fernando Gonzalez is convinced he should’ve been awarded the victory in his fight with Michael Page back in Nov. 2016. “The Menifee Maniac” fell short in a split decision loss to Page at Bellator 165. Page now fights Derek Anderson at Bellator 179 on May 19. Gonzalez competes this Friday night (March 3) inside the […]
- Conor McGregor’s drive in securing a bout against boxing master technician Mayweather Jr. comes from a desire to win, and not to earn, according to Conlan. Irish Olympic bronze medallist Michael Conlan makes his professional debut against Tim Ibarra in New York on St Patrick’s Day (March 17th). Hoisting the Irish tricolour for the former […]
- Stephen “Wonderboy” Thompson claims that Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs Conor McGregor is an indication of desperate times for boxing. Thompson is currently putting the final touches to his preparations for this Saturday’s highly anticipated UFC 209 headline rematch against Tyron Woodley. TMZ Sports caught up with the title challenger and brought up the ongoing media […]
- Colombia’s Fredy Serrano is no longer with the UFC.
The flyweight fighter has been released from the promotion following a unanimous decision loss to Hector Sandoval on December at UFC on FOX 22, MMA Fighting recently learned. The loss to Sandoval marked the second straight loss for the Colombian, as Serrano had dropped a close split decision to Ryan Benoit at UFC 201 in July. Prior to the two-loss skid, Serrano had a promising start in the UFC with a knockout win over Bentley Syler, which
- Tyron Woodley finds it ironic that Dana White called him a “bit of a drama queen.” “The Chosen One” sent the world of mixed martial arts (MMA) in a frenzy when he said racism played a role in his treatment as the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) welterweight title holder. UFC President White responded by saying […]
- Warren Beatty is currently enjoying the infamy of messing up the announcement of the winner at last night’s Oscars, but UFC’s Bruce Buffer feels his pain. Buffer had incorrectly announced Tyron Woodley as the victor over Stephen “Wonderboy” Thompson following their majority draw at UFC 205 to a packed Madison Square Garden on pay-per-view (PPV) […]
- One person who isn’t very excited to see the return of Georges St-Pierre is Johny Hendricks. Hendricks is fresh off his unanimous decision victory over Hector Lombard last Sunday night (Feb. 19) inside the Scotiabank Centre in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. It was “Bigg Rigg’s” middleweight debut. Hendricks hasn’t made the top 15 in the official […]
- Step aside Gennady Golovkin. The UFC has the real Big Drama Show.
Earlier this month, UFC president Dana White said in a radio interview that UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley was a “drama queen” in attempting to explain why he felt fans have not connected with him as much as others.Woodley told Ariel Helwani on Monday’s edition of The MMA Hour that White called him about what he said on the show. Woodley said he didn’t take it personal and seemed to laugh it off, b
- Tony Ferguson aims to capture the lightweight interim-title when he squares off against Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 209 this coming Saturday Fight fans can watch the full fight between Tony Ferguson and Josh Thomson, where “El Cucuy” was aiming to nail a sixth straight win with a victory over “The Punk” at UFC Fight Night 71’s […]
- Episode 1 of the popular “Embedded” series features a legion of Muslim Khabib Nurmagomedov fans showing their support for their man ahead of UFC 209 this Saturday at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, NV. “Tony is in trouble” is the chant among the popular Dagestani’s fans who mob outside of the AKA Gym in San Jose. […]
- UFC light heavyweight Paul Craig is looking ahead to his second fight in the promotion against Tyson Pedro in the featured UFC Fight Pass preliminary card at Saturday’s UFC 209 event at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. If you had asked the 29-year-old former soccer player about his opponent, he would likely come up short. In […]
- In the first episode of UFC 209 Embedded, Khabib Nurmagomedov gets greeted at his gym by an exciting group of Muslim fans, Tyron Woodley coaches his sons at a wrestling tournament, Tony Ferguson jumps in an ice bath and Stephen Thompson eats a cheat meal.
- On Episode 1 of UFC 209 “Emb.s (current odds).
- Not only does Khabib Nurmagomedov think his fight with Tony Ferguson should be the main event of UFC 209 this weekend. He believes there has not been a bigger 155-pound bout in UFC history before now.
“A lot of people are gonna watch this fight,” Nurmagomedov told Ariel Helwani on Monday’s edition of The MMA Hour. “My fanbase is huge. This is very big fight. In my opinion, this is the greatest lightweight fight ever in the UFC.”
Nurmagomedov (24-0) will face Ferguso
- Rivas beat aggressive cancer despite being told by doctors that he had as little as one month to live. The Chilean, known as “Pitbull”, participated in the first season of The Ultimate Fighter: Latin America. Despite early elimination, the featherweight saw victory in his UFC debut against Rodolfo Rubio. Rivas is perhaps best known for […]
- Tyron Woodley is not impressed with Stephen “Wonderboy” Thompson’s credentials, and even goes as far as to suggest that he needs a rebranding of image. Tyron Woodley spoke to ESPN Sports on Monday about his upcoming, welterweight rematch title fight with Thompson at UFC 209 on Saturday. “The Chosen One” was asked by ESPN’s Hannah […]
- Konfrontacja Sztuk Walki has found an over-the-top, freakshow fight for its forthcoming stadium card, even before finding an opponent for former “World's Strongest Man” Mariusz Pudzianowski.
- Legacy Fighting Alliance's seventh card will be its third in the state of Texas, but its first proper homecoming.
- Reports state that the cousin of Khabib Nurmagomedov has also been denied entry to the U.S, leaving the Russian fighter’s family to watch “The Eagle” attempt to become the first Russian UFC champion from home Russian outlet Life.ru claims that the father of “The Eagle” Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov, was denied a visa into the United States. Nurmagomedov […]
- UFC officials have announced today strawweight contenders Claudia Gadelha and Karolina Kowalkiewicz have been added to the Jose Aldo vs Max Holloway event in Brazil. The action will be broadcast live on pay-per-view from Rio de Janeiro’s Jeunesse Arena on June 3. Confirmation of the event comes following claims from Gadelha that she would be […]
- If Claudia Gadelha or Karolina Kowalkiewicz want another shot at Ultimate Fighting Championship gold, they'll have to go through one another.
- Watch Shawn Jordan wreck Ashley Gooch in this full match released by World Series of Fighting.
- “Cowboy” is currently enjoying a break from the octagon following his second round, TKO loss to Jorge Masvidal at UFC on Fox: Shevchenko vs. Peña in January. Cerrone was enjoying a four-fight win streak at welterweight, which included three “Performance of the Night” awards prior to Masvidal derailing his success following his jump from lightweight. “Cowboy” is […]
- The Tyron Woodley - Stephen Thompson rematch is examined on this episode of UFC 209 “Countdown.”
- John Gooden and Dan Hardy watch film to analyze UFC 209's Tyron Woodley vs. Stephen Thompson rematch.
- “Mighty Mouse” took to social media to confirm that his latest visit from United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) officials came following a visit to the ice-cream store with his kids. The popular Kentucky native posted an image to Twitter, revealing USADA’s emblem on an official jacket, with the caption “Get home from taking kids to ice-cream and […]
- Rory MacDonald will still take an easy, effortless win over anything else. No one truly wants to get hit in the face multiple times, of course.
However, MacDonald is beginning to embrace his reputation as a fighter capable of violent performances, he told Ariel Helwani on Monday’s edition of The MMA Hour. “The Red King” plans on less over-complication in his preparation heading into his run with Bellator.
“Who wouldn’t want a dominant performance?” MacDonald s
- With no signs emerging of an end to the Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather Jr. media circus, many believe that The Irishman will soon get his wish in landing a spot inside the squared circle opposite the boxing legend. Speculation persists that both men could meet as soon as sometime in the second quarter of […]
- Claudia Gadelha and Karolina Kowalkiewicz are officially set to meet in Brazil. The UFC announced on Monday that the pair of strawweight contenders will collide in the UFC's upcoming pay-per-view event at Rio de Janeiro’s HSBC Arena on June 3.
Gadelha (14-2) enters the fight coming off an unanimous decision victory over Courtney Casey in November, bouncing back to the winning column after losing to 115-pound champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk in July.Kowalkiewicz (10-1), on the other hand, looks
- The 'UFC 209 Countdown' video takes a closer look at the upcoming UFC 209 event on Sat., March 4 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nev.In the main event, Tyron Woodley will defend his welterweight title again against Stephen Thompson. Khabib Nurmagomedov will clash with Tony Ferguson for the interim lightweight title in the co-main event.Check out the entire episode above.
The MMA Hour with Khabib Nurmagomedov, Tyron Woodley, Derrick Lewis, Holly Holm, Johny Hendricks, Artem Lobov, Tom Lawlor, Marloes Coenen, Greg HardyThe MMA Hour is back in your life. Below is a rundown of Monday's show:
1 p.m. ET -- Khabib Nurmagomedov will look ahead to his interim lightweight title fight against Tony Ferguson this Saturday at UFC 209.
1:25 p.m. -- "Filthy" Tom Lawlor will join us to talk about the two-year suspension he received from USADA for a recent failed drug test.
1:45 p.m. -- Marloes Coenen will preview her inaugural Bellator women's featherweight title fight against Julia Budd this Friday night.
2:05 p.m. -- Johny
The MMA Hour with Khabib Nurmagomedov, Derrick Lewis, Holly Holm, Johny Hendricks, Artem Lobov, Tom Lawlor, Marloes Coenen, Greg HardyThe MMA Hour is back in your life. Below is a rundown of Monday's show:
1:00 p.m. ET -- "Filthy" Tom Lawlor will join us to talk about the two-year suspension he received from USADA for a recent failed drug test.
1:25 p.m. -- Marloes Coenen will preview her inaugural Bellator women's featherweight title fight against Julia Budd this Friday night.
1:45 p.m. -- Khabib Nurmagomedov will look ahead to his interim lightweight title fight against Tony Ferguson this Saturday at UFC 209.
2:05 p.m. -- Jo
Morning Report: Dana White expects Conor McGregor’s next fight to be in the UFC against the interim lightweight championWhile the world seems to be slowly convincing itself that the oft-rumored superfight between UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor and undefeated boxing great Floyd Mayweather Jr. is soon to be a reality, there’s one man who isn’t biting, UFC President Dana White.
As far as can be discerned, there have been no official talks of any kind between the two parties but there has been a tremendous amount of media posturing from both McGregor and Mayweather. The ever-present nature of the
- The full UFC 209 “Countdown” episode has been posted. FOX Sports 1 (FS1) aired the show on Sunday night (Feb. 26). The official YouTube channel of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) posted the full episode. Showcased on the special are welterweight champion Tyron Woodley, Stephen Thompson, Khabib Nurmagomedov, and Tony Ferguson. UFC 209 takes place […]
- Khabib Nurmagomedov doesn’t have much time left inside the Octagon if his father gets his way. “The Eagle” has his sights set on UFC 209 this Saturday night (March 4) inside the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. Nurmagomedov’s opponent will be Tony Ferguson. The winner will be crowned the interim Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) […]
- AXS TV Fights has rolled out the LFA 5 highlights. This past Friday night (Feb. 24) Legacy Fighting Alliance (LFA) held its fifth event since the merger with Resurrection Fighting Alliance. The main event of the evening was a lightweight scrap between Adam Townsend and Marcus Edwards. In the early going, the fight looked like […]
- Floyd Mayweather insists that he’s his own boss, but Conor McGregor is not. As much as McGregor and Mayweather would like to do battle in a boxing ring, the reality is “Notorious” is under contract with the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). If the UFC lightweight champion were to sign a bout agreement without the UFC’s […]
- Frank Mir remembers the first time he met retired Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) matchmaker Joe Silva. Mir, who ended up being a UFC heavyweight champion, didn’t know he could get paid competing in mixed martial arts (MMA). He simply trained because he was passionate about doing so. Nov. 2, 2001 was the date Mir made […]
Follow @NewsMMAUSA on Twitter!