The son of the legendary Kimbo Slice had his pro mixed martial arts debut delayed once again.
Kevin "Baby Slice" Ferguson Jr. was supposed to compete against Ray Bing in a 165-pound catchweight fight on Friday at Bellator 162 in Memphis. But the bout was called off Thursday when Bing, who was also making his pro debut, missed weight by a whopping 17 pounds. MMAFighting.com confirmed the news after an initial report by FloCombat.com.
Ferguson Jr., whose famed father passed away earlier this year,
- One Championship, the largest fight promotion in all of Asia, announced Thursday that its heavyweight champion will return to his nationality’s roots to defend his title.
- According to a report on FloCombat, the Bellator MMA debut for Kevin Ferguson Jr., the son of the late “Kimbo Slice,” has been postponed.
- Titan Fighting Championships revealed that three more bouts have been tacked on to Titan FC 42, which takes place on Dec. 2 in Florida and will be loaded with four title fights.
- At the Bellator 162 weigh-ins, all 30 fighters taking part in Friday's Bellator 162 fights step on the scale Thursday, and the video is above.For the main event, Alexander Shlemenko and Kendall Grove will have to make the middleweight limit of 185 pounds.Check out the Bellator 162 weigh-in results below. The video is expected to begin at 6 p.m. ET.Main card (SPIKE at 9 p.m. ET)
Alexander Shlemenko vs. Kendall Grove
Bobby Lashley vs. Josh Appelt
Hisaki Kato vs. A.J. Matthews
Goiti Yamauchi vs. Ry
- A light heavyweight scrum between Jared Cannonier and Ion Cutelaba has been tacked onto “The Ultimate Fighter 24” Finale, the Ultimate Fighting Championship revealed on Thursday.
- The UFC Fight Night 102 card is rounding into shape as the Ultimate Fighting Championship announced on Thursday another addition to the year’s second New York-based event.
- Almost a year after seizing the ONE Championship heavyweight title, Brandon Vera will be making his first title defense against Hideki Sekine in the main event of ONE: Age of Domination.The news was announced by the promotion on Thursday.Since being released from the UFC back in 2013, Vera has gone 2-0 in the Asian MMA promotion ONE Championship, capturing heavyweight gold in his last fight. Vera defeated Paul Cheng in just 26 seconds to win the inaugural heavyweight title in December 2015. The
- Jeremy Botter of FloCombat.com tweeted out this piece of news late Wednesday night/early Thursday morning:https://twitter.com/jeremybotter/status/788981050374434817While "The Ultimate Fighter" airing directly after WWE Monday Night Raw on Spike TV was the catalyst for the initial UFC boom period, the show's popularity and relevance had fallen off after doing at least two seasons a year for over a decade. The current season, while praised by viewers for featuring the best fights on the show in re
- M-1 Challenge 71 is set to take place Friday night in Ingushetia, Russia, and the event will be headlined by a light heavyweight encounter between Viktor Nemkov and Attila Vegh.
- Bantamweights Alexis Davis and Sara McMann will square off against one another on “The Ultimate Fighter 24” Finale on Dec. 3 in Las Vegas, according to a report on ESPN.com.
- The rapidly-rising Bellator Kickboxing promotion isn’t pulling any punches -- or kicks -- with its next show, which is slated for Dec. 10 in Florence, Italy.
- M-1 Global announced Wednesday that reigning welterweight champion Alexey Kunchenko will defend his crown against Murad Abdulaev in the main event of M-1 Challenge 72.
- https://youtu.be/9YXuYfTa340Ahead of the upcoming UFC Fight Night 98 event in Mexico City, Mexico, UFC has released another awesome full fight for free.Featured above is the complete Tony Ferguson vs. Edson Barboza bout from the TUF 22 Finale event, which saw Ferguson defeat the dangerous striker by way of submission.Ferguson headlines the upcoming UFC Fight Night 98 event in Mexico City against another dangerous striker, former division champion Rafael dos Anjos.UFC Fight Night 98 takes place o
- For a man with more than 60 pro fights and multiple world titles to his credit, Alexander Shlemenko sure has a chip on his shoulder.
The former Bellator MMA middleweight champion has been unable to compete in the United States since early 2015 due to a steroid suspension enacted by the California State Athletic Commission (CSAC). He'll make his return to the Bellator cage Friday night against Kendall Grove in the main event of Bellator 162 in Memphis.
"Psychologically, it was a very difficult mo
- [embed]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIzWKlbd4OU[/embed]A pair of former UFC female bantamweight title contenders will square off this December at The Ultimate Fighter 24 Finale, as Sara McMann meets Alexis Davis.McMann, a former Olympic wrestler, has gone 3-3 inside the Octagon, including losses to Ronda Rousey, Miesha Tate and current division champion Amanda Nunes. Her bout with Rousey was for the UFC title and ended in her first pro loss.Davis has lost just once in her last seven fights, a
- [embed]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDdNLfyAz58[/embed]Jose Aldo still has no desire to compete again for the UFC.The current interim featherweight champion met with Dana White and Sean Shelby on Wednesday in Las Vegas, but stated afterwards that he doesn't see himself returning to the Octagon."What the future will hold?" Aldo told MMAjunkie after his meeting. "Nobody knows, we'll have to wait and see."Aldo recently stated his desire to retire from MMA and pursue other career opportunities. H
- [embed]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJGF6Wl4_w8[/embed]Jon Jones went off on a Twitter-tirade late Wednesday night, calling out Anthony Johnson and the rest of the UFC's light heavyweight division.Johnson is set to face Daniel Cormier for the title later this year and the two began media work for the December card recently. "Rumble" angered Jones with comments he made about the currently-sidelined former titleholder."AJ you calling my out of the cage problems amazing is almost hysterical," Jo
- Apparently Conor McGregor will, in fact, be vacating one of his titles if he wins a second belt by defeating UFC Lightweight Champion Eddie Alvarez in the main event of the upcoming UFC 205 pay-per-view in New York.McGregor claimed that after he makes history as the UFC's first two-division champion and gets a couple of pictures to document the historic accomplishment, he will vacate one of the titles, despite claiming otherwise in multiple interviews since his champion vs. champion bout against
- With the coveted mega fight between Gennady “GGG” Golovkin and Saul “Canelo” Alvarez on the ropes most likely until late 2017, the next great thing at middleweight is for “GGG” to take on fellow titlist Daniel Jacobs. It seems as though the fight will occur, but it won’t be this year.
- Sometimes Jon Jones' tweets can be as sharp as his elbows.
The UFC interim light heavyweight champion took aim at fellow light heavyweights Daniel Cormier and Anthony Johnson in a series of tweets Wednesday night. Jones said even though he is currently inactive while dealing with doping suspension, he remains "more relevant" than any other 205-pounder.
"Can't wait to get back and slap one of these light heavyweights, even on the sidelines I'm more relevant than anyone in that division," Jones tw
Morning Report: Conor McGregor says he will give up one of his belts after enjoying his 'historic moment' at UFC 205UFC featherweight champion has backed off his contention that the UFC will "need an army" to strip him of one of his belts, but says he will only consent after he has had time to enjoy the achievement first. In a little over three weeks Conor McGregor will attempt to do something no one in the history of the UFC has ever done: hold UFC belts in two different weight classes, simultaneously.
But should he be successful in accomplishing this feat, what happens next? Fans and fighters alike are alre
- Watch the Bellator 162 weigh-ins live at 6 p.m. ET.
- Goiti Yamauchi is starting all over at Bellator 162.
After 22 professional MMA fights, the 23-year-old Brazilian-Japanese fighter has decided to move up from featherweight to lightweight, and his first test at 155 pounds will be Ryan Couture on Oct. 21 in Memphis.
Coming off a decision loss to featherweight prospect Bubba Jenkins in March, Yamauchi says his seven-fight run as a 145-pounder taught him a lot.
"The biggest learning is that I was in the wrong division. That’s it," Yamauchi tol
- For the first time in 10 years, Marshall Zelaznik woke up on Wednesday unemployed.
Zelaznik, who wore many hats at Zuffa, the parent company of the UFC, was relieved of his duties on Tuesday, part of a company-wide downsizing by the new promotion's new owners, WME-IMG.
"The last 10 years with the UFC have been an incredible ride," Zelaznik said. "I was so lucky to work with the smartest, most creative and hard-working people in sport for a decade. It is those day-to-day relationships with my co-
- Alexis Davis will resume her MMA career by taking on Sara McMann in a women’s bantamweight bout at The Ultimate Fighter 24 Finale.The news was first reported by ESPN, and was later confirmed by MMA Fighting.Davis hasn’t fought since April 2015, as she took time off her MMA career due to pregnancy. She gave birth to her son earlier this year. The last time Davis stepped into the Octagon she defeated Sarah Kaufman via second-round arm bar. Prior to that, Davis suffered a quick knockout
- After flying up to Las Vegas to meet with UFC president Dana White and matchmaker Sean Shelby, aggrieved featherweight star Jose Aldo Jr. doesn't sound like he's in a rush to get back into the Octagon.
But nor does it sound like the door is permanently closed.
"What the future will hold?" Aldo told reporters outside of Zuffa headquarters Wednesday. "Nobody knows, we'll have to wait and see."
Aldo, the longtime former UFC and WEC champion and current interim champ, has been vocal about wanting ou
- San Jose's SAP Center has been the site of many of Gilbert Melendez's greatest career moments. It was his unofficial home base as Strikeforce lightweight champion before making the jump to the UFC.
But on Nov. 19, it will be another Melendez's turn to take center stage in the San Jose cage. Keri Melendez, Gilbert's wife, will make her mixed martial arts debut on Nov. 19 at Bellator 165.
Melendez (0-0) will meet Sheila Padilla (2-0) in a main card flyweight bout, which was initially reported by M
- Georges St. Pierre was arguably the greatest welterweight champion in Ultimate Fighting Championship history and many will argue that he's the best pound-for-pound fighter ever. But nobody knows what his next move will be.
- It looks like Keri Anne Taylor-Melendez will follow in her husband’s footsteps after all.
Georges St-Pierre's lawyer calls UFC contract ‘something out of the 1940s,' cautions UFC ‘won't get away with it forever'The battle lines continue to be drawn in the ongoing standoff between the UFC and welterweight legend Georges St-Pierre.
St-Pierre stunned the mixed martial arts world Monday when he announced that his lawyers had terminated his old UFC contract following months of failed negotiations to reach a new deal with Zuffa. The announcement effectively made St-Pierre one of the most coveted free agents in the sport's history, and St-Pierre's lawyer, James Quinn of New York firm Weil, Gotshal and Ma
- It looks like there is a difference of opinion between Georges St-Pierre and Robbie Lawler.In speaking with ESPN.com recently, former UFC Welterweight Champion Robbie Lawler responded to claims made by GSP recently. GSP mentioned having a fight on the table against Lawler for the title, but saying it never materialized due to health issues on Lawler's side.Lawler disagrees."He says he was offered a fight against me but I wasn't healthy or whatever," Lawler told ESPN. "He's basically trying to re
- It looks like UFC is in the midst of "cleaning house" now that the new owners, WME | IMG, are making their presence felt.On Wednesday, Ariel Helwani reported via MMAFighting.com that UFC's office in Canada took a major hit, as approximately 80-percent of the department was let go.Among the releases was Tom Wright, the UFC Executive Vice President and General Manager of Operations in Canada. Essentially, he was the Dana White of Canada, Australia and New Zealand.In total, UFC, believed to have 35
- For the third straight day, the new UFC owners continued to downsize the company.
On Wednesday, it was the UFC's Canadian office in Toronto that experienced massive layoffs, with approximately 80 percent of the department being let go.
Among those relieved of their duties was Tom Wright, UFC Executive Vice President and General Manager for Operations in Canada, Australia and New Zealand. Wright, the former Canadian Football League commissioner, was hired in 2010 and immediately helped get the sp
- Now that his rivalry with Dan Henderson is behind him, Michael Bisping knows the biggest threats to his UFC middleweight title still await.
Bisping is expected to make the next defense of his belt against one of the four men competing in the UFC's upcoming middleweight mini-tournament, with Chris Weidman and Yoel Romero scheduled to tangle on Nov. 12 and Luke Rockhold and Ronaldo Souza set to rematch on Nov. 27. One of the two winners from those fights will likely receive the next shot at Bispin
- This is the Promotional Malpractice Live Chat.
There may be a shortage of UFC events, but there's no dearth of MMA news. First and foremost, all-time great Georges St-Pierre declared himself a free agent on Monday's The MMA Hour, something the UFC is currently claiming isn't true. How this plays out is anyone's guess, but it underscores two major realities. One, fighter discontent appears to be at an all-time high in the UFC. It hasn't crossed a tipping point, but it's worse than ever. Two, GSP'
- Two welterweight contenders looking to bounce back from recent losses will collide on Dec. 30 when former UFC champion Johny Hendricks takes on Neil Magny at UFC 207. The UFC announced the bout late Tuesday night.
Hendricks (17-5) is currently in the midst of the worst slump of his UFC career, having lost three of his four bouts since he defeated Robbie Lawler at UFC 171 to claim the vacant welterweight title. The 33-year-old Hendricks suffered the first back-to-back losses of his care
- Former UFC welterweight champion Robbie Lawler believes Georges St-Pierre doesn't want a fight with him. Robbie Lawler is back and ready for action, and if that action comes in the shape of former UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre, sign him up.
For months, St-Pierre has declared his intention to return to MMA after an almost three-year hiatus, but after being unable to come to terms with the UFC, earlier this week, he declared himself a "free agent" no longer bound by UFC contract
- No. 14-ranked middleweight Rafael "Sapo" Natal hosted a Facebook live chat on Wednesday to talk about his fight at UFC 205 in new York City against Tim Boetsch at Madison Square Garden.Natal is excited to be taking part in the greatest card ever assembled and he's ready to fight.Get ready for UFC 205: Fight card for Nov. 12 | Champions Alvarez, McGregor to headline historic card | Woodley-Wonderboy welterweight title clash set | Polish stars Jedrzejczyk, Kowalkiewicz perfect for NYC | Few t
- Over the last couple years, any time you spoke with Stipe Miocic and asked him about his aspirations inside the Octagon, the easy-going heavyweight would always speak of bringing a championship home to Cleveland.For more than 50 years, the loyal, passionate fans in the area had endured a handful of near misses and an abundance of “not even close” seasons on the diamond, the hardwood and the gridiron, and as he ascended the heavyweight rankings, it always seemed like being able to bri
- 125Pounds is the limit for the UFC flyweight division1693Days the UFC flyweight division has been in existence since its inception on March 3, 20124UFC fighters - Joseph Benavidez, Demetrious Johnson, Ian McCall and Yasuhiro Urushitani - kicked off the new division at UFC on FX: Alves vs. Kampmann in a tournament to decide the inaugural champion152The UFC event where tournament finalists Johnson and Benavidez battled to a split decision to decide the first UFC flyweight champion1UFC flyweight ch
- A featherweight bout pitting Georgi Karakhanyan vs. Kirill Medvedovsky is the latest addition to Bellator 164.
The news was announced by the promotion on Tuesday.Karakhanyan is stepping in on short notice for the Irishman James Gallagher, who now fights at Bellator 169 in Dublin, Ireland against a yet-to-be-announced opponent. The 31-year-old Karakhanyan is coming off a brutal knockout victory over Bubba Jenkins back in August at Bellator 160. That victory snapped a two-fight losing streak for t
- Enrique Marin is no longer a UFC fighter.
The Ultimate Fighter: Latin America 2 runner up announced on Sunday via his Instagram account that he's been released from the promotion.
Marin last competed at UFC 200 where he lost a unanimous decision to Sage Northcutt in a very competitive fight that had Marin almost finishing Northcutt with an arm bar. Prior to that, the Spanish fighter lost a close split decision to Erick Montaño in the welterweight tournament final of TUF: Latin A
- A welterweight tilt between Brandon Thatch and Sabah Homasi is the latest addition to UFC 207. Homasi announced the match-up on Tuesday via Instagram following an initial report the Las Vegas Review-Journal.
Once considered a can't-miss prospect, Thatch (11-4) now finds himself in dire need of a win after losing three straight contests under the UFC umbrella. The 31-year-old Thatch, who trains out of Colorado's Elevation Fight Team, lost all of three those fights via submission, s
- It wasn’t long before one of the most influential people at the Ultimate Fighting Championship opened up to the world after shockingly being laid off by new UFC owners WME/IMG on Tuesday.
- The Ultimate Fighting Championship announced Tuesday that former welterweight champion Johny Hendricks will return to the Octagon to face Neil Magny in one of the featured bouts of UFC 207.
- Everybody knows that a zombie is nearly impossible to keep from coming after you. It can be burned, pushed into a hole, clubbed with bats and stabbed, but the undead just keep coming.
- [embed]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ishrcDLnKA[/embed]Two key welterweight scraps have been added to December's UFC 207 event, as Johny Hendricks takes on Neil Magny and Matt Brown battles Tarec Saffiedine. ESPN first reported the fights late Tuesday night.Hendricks (17-5) has dropped two straight and three of four, including losing the UFC welterweight title to Robbie Lawler in late 2014. Magny (18-5) had won three in a row and 10 of 11 before an August loss to Lorenz Larkin.Brown (20-15) w
- [embed]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmWjHcWvnbQ[/embed]Urijah Faber is heading home, as "The California Kid" meets Brad Pickett this December at UFC on FOX 22.Faber, 37 years old now, has lost three of his last four and two straight. All three defeats have been via decision, coming at the hands of Jimmie Rivera, UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz and former champion Frankie Edgar.Pickett, a year older than Faber, has lost four of five, including an October submission defeat to Iuri Alcan
- [embed]https://twitter.com/ScottCoker/status/788552852377481216[/embed]Chael Sonnen and Tito Ortiz will get what they want, and they'll do it to kickoff 2017.Bellator announced on "SportsCenter" Tuesday night that the two will headline Bellator 170 from The Forum in Los Angeles. The main card airs live on Spike.Sonnen, a former UFC title contender in both the middleweight and light heavyweight division, signed with Bellator earlier this year after he was released from the UFC.
Ortiz has picked u
Follow @NewsMMAUSA on Twitter!