- The new Browns defensive coordinator meets with local reporters
"Hue will coach with a defensive mentality and that toughness ... " Respect for Jackson drew Williams to Cleveland… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…"Hue will coach with a defensive mentality and that toughness ... "Respect for Jackson drew Williams to Cleveland… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- BEREA (92.3 The Fan) – Browns head coach Hue Jackson officially filled 5 openings on his coaching staff Thursday.
Hours before introducing Greg Williams as their defensive coordinator, Jackson formally revealed who would fill in some of the openings created shortly after the Browns finished the 2016 season 1-15.
Williams was hired on Jan. 8, a day after Ray Horton was fired. Five other assistants were also fired a few days later.
“Over the last two weeks I’ve spent a lot of tim
- Browns coaches will travel to Mobile next week to lead South team
- BEREA (92.3 The Fan) – The Browns have won many an offseason introductory press conference – be it for GMs, coaches or coordinators – but Thursday’s with new defensive coordinator Williams was an all-timer.Here’s some of Williams’ best quotes from Thursday starting with why he’s such a fiery coach?
“I’m a competition-aholic, and it’ll be from practice to meetings to games, love to compete,” Williams said. “There’s a lo
- Former Cleveland Browns QB Johnny Manziel is back in the news cycle today thanks to a series of tweets he sent out earlier Thursday afternoon.
First, Manziel wanted to clear the air about a recent story circulating about his upcoming appearance at Super Bowl week in Houston.Just had this brought to to my attention. I'm not charging a penny for a damn "selfie" at the super bowl. Dumbest thing I've ever heard
— Johnny Manziel (@JManziel2) January 19, 2017
But here comes the juicy stuff. The
"If you can't affect change, you don't belong at this level." Watch Gregg Williams' spirited presser:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…"If you can't affect change, you don't belong at this level."Watch Gregg Williams' spirited presser:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Ex-Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel fired off a series of tweets Thursday afternoon, writing that he hasn’t “been this happy in a long time” and apologizing for some of his past behavior. Tagging one tweet #LostInTheSauce, Manziel wrote that he “truly appreciates all the people in my life who reached out during the truly rough patches…
- Defensive coordinator Gregg Williams addressed the media in his introductory press conference on January 19, 2017.
- BEREA (92.3 The Fan) – When you mention the name Gregg Williams in NFL circles the first thing that comes to mind is ‘Bountygate.’
The pay-for-performance scheme that came to light while he was the defensive coordinator with the New Orleans Saints will follow him for the remainder of his coaching career, but he has put the ordeal that resulted in a 1-year suspension from the league behind him.
Regardless, the suspension and what he learned from it was the first thing Williams w
- Williams joins Browns after three seasons with Rams
- Defensive coordinator Gregg Williams explains what the Cleveland Browns defense will look like in 2017.
- Defensive coordinator Gregg Williams explains why he decided to come to Cleveland.
- Defensive coordinator Gregg Williams explains why he is excited to coach in front of the Dawg Pound.
Dennis Manoloff: Gregg Williams “Exactly What [The Browns] Desperately Need”, “Fantastic” IntroductionDennis Manoloff of the Cleveland Plain Dealer joined Baskin and Phelps Thursday to discuss the “epic” press conference of new Browns defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, being tired of fans poo-pooing his energy and enthusiasm, the mental approach he brings, and more.
Andrew Siciliano: “Definitely Disappointment In Mobile” Over Watson Absense; Gregg Williams Will “Attack, Attack, Attack”Andrew Siciliano of the NFL Network joined Baskin & Phelps Thursday from Tampa Bay at the Shrine Game practice to discuss what’s happening there, hearing many disappointed in Deshaun Watson’s decision to skip the senior bowl, reservations about Tyrod Taylor in Cleveland, and more.
- The 49ers are willing to wait for Kyle Shanahan, and one of his former quarterbacks thinks it’s a decision that will pay off handsomely for them. Via Albert Breer of TheMMQB.com, veteran quarterback Brian Hoyer said working with Shanahan reminded him of his time in New England working under Bill Belichick. Hoyer started 13 games for…
- NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah discusses what separates the top three quarterbacks in his mock draft from the rest of the class entering the draft.
- The "Good Morning Football" crew reveals NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah's first mock draft.
- The Browns continue to tweak their coaching staff, and have fired another one. The team announced a number of hires, many of which have already been reported. They also added defensive line coach Robert Nunn to the group of fired defensive coaches, though he wasn’t in the initial wave of guys let go. Nunn has…
- Browns still searching for pass rush and struggled against the run
- Nathan Zegura breaks down each of the new assistant coach hires of the Cleveland Browns.
- 4 defensive assistants, veteran O-line coach added to staff
Buffalo Bills Insider Joe Buscaglia: Tyrod Taylor Can Get You To The Playoffs, But Not The Super BowlBuffalo Bills Insider for WKBW 7 Eyewitness News is Buffalo Joe Buscaglia joined The Ken Carman show with Anthony Lima to help Cleveland fans figure out if Tyrod Taylor could be the Browns quarterback of the future.He also told us if the Cleveland Browns should even pursue Tyrod Taylor or Jimmy Garoppolo.
- CBS Sports’ Dane Brugler joins the Nick Wilson Experiment for the latest Midweek Mock with Nick Wilson.
#Browns Position Analysis: O-line battled through injuries, instability 📰 » brow.nz/2joSSg4 https://t.co/D6YiS000pP#Browns Position Analysis: O-line battled through injuries, instability📰 » brow.nz/2joSSg4 https://t.co/D6YiS000pP
Chris Landry Says Deshaun Watson “Losing An Opportunity To Impress Upon Them What He Can Bring”; Not A Red Flag, But DisappointedChris Landry of LandryFootball.com joined Bull & Fox to talk about Deshaun Watson’s decision to pass on the Senior Bowl, the NFL Playoff matchups featuring four elite quarterbacks, some players that have stood out at the East-West Shrine Game practices, the myth of players moving up/down draft boards and Tyrod Taylor as an option this offseason.
ACC, Big Ten and SEC dominate 2017 Senior Bowl rosters 📰 » brow.nz/2joChsQ #BrownsDraft https://t.co/rrh1uscwSLACC, Big Ten and SEC dominate 2017 Senior Bowl rosters📰 » brow.nz/2joChsQ#BrownsDraft https://t.co/rrh1uscwSL
Albert Breer Says “If You’re Not Pulling Every Lever To Get It Right, You’re Doing Your Job Wrong” With QB; Tyrod Taylor “Perfect To Tread Water With”Albert Breer of TheMMQB.com joined Bull & Fox to talk about Deshaun Watson’s decision to not attend the Senior Bowl, the conference championship games in the NFL Playoffs, Roger Goodell’s decision not to attend the AFC title game in New England and the quarterback matchups in both games.
- Browns will south team starting Tuesday in Mobile, Alabama
How Cody Parkey persevered to take #Browns kicker job into offseason 📰 » brow.nz/2jxOQEq https://t.co/XnnSLrmHiWHow Cody Parkey persevered to take #Browns kicker job into offseason📰 » brow.nz/2jxOQEq https://t.co/XnnSLrmHiW
- 10 different players started at least one game in 2016
- When teams don’t spend the maximum amount allowed under the salary cap, NFL rules allow them to carry over unspent money and apply it to the next year’s cap. The NFLPA announced the amounts of money each team will be carrying over into the 2017 season on Wednesday. The Browns rank at the top of…
- Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News joined Baaskin & Phelps Wednesday to discuss rumors that the Browns could end up with QB Tyrod Taylor if he’s cut by the Bills, the details and possibilities of his upcoming offseason, and more.
- The Browns coaching staff will be in Mobile, Alabama to work with the South team, something that will give them extended time with prospects headed into the draft this year. They won’t get to spend any of that extended time with Clemson quarterback Deshaun Watson, however. Watson was invited to participate in the event despite…
- Former NFL Offensive Lineman LeCharles Bentley joined The Ken Carman Show with Anthony Lima to talk about all things football. He talked about players being hospitalized at the University of Oregon and how the coaches should be held responsible.He also commented on the Cleveland Browns and his thoughts on Robert Griffin III, Cam Erving and what the organization should do with the #1 pick.
- Parkey finished 20 of 25 after a 'whirlwind' of debut in Miami
This year’s draft class could be dominated by defense. 📰 » brow.nz/2jvKUDT #BrownsDraft https://t.co/ErGflyHJX9This year’s draft class could be dominated by defense.📰 » brow.nz/2jvKUDT#BrownsDraft https://t.co/ErGflyHJX9
Daryl Ruiter: “If You’re Deshaun Watson, What Else Do You Have to Prove” By Going To The Senior BowlDaryl Ruiter joined The Ken Carman Show with Anthony Lima to talk about reports that Deshaun Watson’s will skip the Senior Bowl. Daryl also talked about the potential of the Browns signing Tyrod Taylor if he is cut by the Buffalo Bills. Daryl broke down the comparisons between Taylor and Robert Griffin III (Find More HERE) and If Tony Romo is a possibility.
- CLEVELAND (92.3 The Fan) – Clemson quarterback Deshaun Watson will skip the Senior Bowl next week in Alabama.
Senior Bowl executive director Phil Savage conformed Watson’s decision to decline the invitation Wednesday morning.
The news is a blow to the Browns coaching staff and scouting department who had hoped to get an up close and personal look at Watson prior to the NFL Combine in Indianapolis at the end of February.
In 3 seasons as a starter at Clemson, Watson went 32-3 and compl
- CLEVELAND (92.3 The Fan) – One man’s trash is another man’s treasure.
When it comes to quarterbacks the Browns have been picking through the trash for 18 years where they have found no treasure.
With 2016 flushed away as another wasted season with no clear-cut franchise quarterback to build around going forward, this offseason figures to be setting up for another round of QB dumpster diving for the Browns who will be linked to every quarterback available as the team looks for t
- Chris Fedor Joins The Nick Wilson Experiment To Talk Cavs and Browns with Nick Wilson.
- Bleacher Report’s Brent Sobleski joins Nick Wilson to talk about the NFL Draft and the Browns on the Nick Wilson Experiment.
Per NFL.com's latest @NFL Draft rankings — 7 of 10 top prospects are on defense 📰 »… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…Per NFL.com's latest @NFL Draft rankings — 7 of 10 top prospects are on defense📰 »… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
#Browns position analysis: Young WRs led by @TerrellePryor 📰 » brow.nz/2jwaJUb https://t.co/9gV54ciZXx#Browns position analysis: Young WRs led by @TerrellePryor 📰 » brow.nz/2jwaJUb https://t.co/9gV54ciZXx
- Browns left tackle Joe Thomas doesn’t say much. So when he does, people pay attention. On Tuesday, Thomas had something to say about offseason workouts at the University of Oregon sufficiently intense to put three players in the hospital. “Whoever is behind this should be fired, nothing to do with football. Where’s NCAA? How about…
- CLEVELAND (92.3 The Fan) – Forget whether or not the Browns should draft Deshawn Watson with the first or 12th pick in the upcoming NFL Draft, the debate is underway if any of the NFL’s 31 other teams should spend a first rounder on the Clemson quarterback.Watson isn’t the prototypical drop-back, pocket passer which is giving some pause in their evaluations of his draft stock but Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney hit the campaign trail Tuesday afternoon on behalf of his quarterba
- The Browns brought Gregg Williams in from the Rams to be their defensive coordinator and one of Williams’ assistants in Los Angeles will reportedly be making the trip with him. Alex Marvez of Sporting News reports that Clyde Simmons will be joining the Browns coaching staff. Simmons spent the last five years as the assistant…
- Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com joined Baskin & Phelps Tuesday to discuss her taking part in S.I’s media column where she answered questions about dealing with teams over critical articles, national reporters scooping local one,The S.I. Story Can Be Found Here
Defense could dominate 1st round of the 2017 @NFL Draft 📰 » brow.nz/2jvKUDT #BrownsDraft https://t.co/ie3U8zBFw3Defense could dominate 1st round of the 2017 @NFL Draft📰 » brow.nz/2jvKUDT#BrownsDraft https://t.co/ie3U8zBFw3
Follow @CleBrowns_News on Twitter!