By Gav Duthie: Jorge Linares is somewhat of an enigma, Venezuelan born, residing in Tokyo Japan and making a big name for himself in England in the last couple of years defeating two of their best lightweight talents in Kevin Mitchell and Anthony Crolla. His talent is also enigmatic. He arguably has the fastest hands […]
The post How good is Jorge Linares? appeared first on Boxing News 24.
- By Dan Ambrose: Middleweight champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin’s trainer Abel Sanchez says that they plan on moving up to super middleweight after one 1 or 2 more fights. Sanchez says Golovkin will fight in June, hopefully against Billy Joe Saunders or Tureano Johnson. After that fight, Sanchez says they’ll see if they can get the […]
The post Golovkin will move to 168 after June if no Canelo fight says Sanchez appeared first on Boxing News 24.
- Anthony Crolla was left to consider what might have been after losing to Jorge Linares for a second time on Saturday.
- Quigley Wins by Knockout In DC fightnews.com/Boxing/quigley… #boxing
- Bavilacqua edges Abis via technical decision fightnews.com/Boxing/bavilac… #boxing
- Weights from Dearborn, Michigan fightnews.com/Boxing/weights… #boxing
- WBC #3 Rodriguez vaporizes late sub Lavinanza fightnews.com/Boxing/wbc-3-r… #boxing
- Anthony Crolla will not allow Jorge Linares beating him to dereail his bid to become a world champion again.
- Gonzalez KOs Contreras, takes aim at world title fightnews.com/Boxing/gonzale… #boxing
- Paez stops Sandoval to halt losing streak fightnews.com/Boxing/paez-st… #boxing
- Tony Bellew insists Katie Taylor can mirror Anthony Joshua's success and have a bigger impact on women’s boxing than Ronda Rousey has had on UFC.
- Anthony Crolla suffered another points loss in his world title rematch with Jorge Linares on another emotionally charged night in Manchester.
Results from Finland: Juho Haapoja decisions Leonardo Bruzzese to win the EBU-EU cruiserweight titleTwo EBU-EU titles were on the line in Helsinki, Finland on 25th March, as Juho Haapoja (28–7–2) and Leonardo Bruzzese (17–3) fought for the cruiserweight title and Petteri Fröjdholm (11–1) and Faroukh Kourbanov (13–0) clashed for the super featherweight belt. The undercard featured five four-round fights. Juho Haapoja seized the cruiserweight title in a slugfest. […]
The post Results from Finland: Juho Haapoja decisions Leonardo Bruzzese to win the EBU-E
- A future star was born last night as 2016 Olympic bronze medalist Nico Hernandez turned in a stellar performance in his professional debut, stopping Pat “Slacks” Gutierrez in the fourth round of the “KO Night Boxing: History Begins” main event, which aired live on CBS Sports Network from Kansas Star Arena in Mulvane, Kansas. (Photo […]
The post Results from Kansas – Olympic medal winner Nico Hernandez wins pro debut appeared first on Boxing News 24.
- By Dan Ambrose: Kell Brook is still taking credit for Daniel Jacobs (32-2, 29 KOs) giving middleweight world champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin (37-0, 33 KOs) problems last Saturday night in their fight at Madison Square Garden in New York. For boxing fans who don’t remember, Golovkin beat Brook by a 5th round TKO after the […]
The post Brook: I took something out of Golovkin appeared first on Boxing News 24.
- Anthony Crolla accepts he was beaten by the better man after losing again to Jorge Linares - but insists there's still plenty of fight left in him yet.
That's a wrap for the Western Elite Qualifier and Regional Open Championships! READ: teamusa.org/USA-Boxing/Fea… https://t.co/zZnMUM8UnXThat's a wrap for the Western Elite Qualifier and Regional Open Championships!READ: teamusa.org/USA-Boxing/Fea… https://t.co/zZnMUM8UnX
- By Jim Dower: Making his first defense of his WBA World super middleweight title, Tyron Zeuge (20-0-1, 11 KOs) defeated #3 WBA Ekpo (31-3, 24 KOs) by a 5th round technical decision on Saturday night to retain his World Boxing Association title at the MBS Arena in Potsdam, Germany. The 24-year-old Zeuge built up a […]
The post Tyron Zeuge defeats Isaac Ekpo – Results appeared first on Boxing News 24.
- Olympian Nico Hernandez wins pro debut fightnews.com/Boxing/olympia… #boxing
- Haapoja tops Bruzzese for EBU-EU cruiser title fightnews.com/Boxing/haapoja… #boxing
FINALS NIGHT! See who clinches their spot to Nationals in Salt Lake City in Dec. Watch here:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…FINALS NIGHT! See who clinches their spot to Nationals in Salt Lake City in Dec.Watch here:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Lawrence Okolie made a stunning start to his professional career with an explosive knockout victory in the first round.
- Finals night is finally here!WATCH LIVE NOW -> bit.ly/2nUZ2cT https://t.co/tsMMoFUtOP
- Jorge Linares defended his WBA Lightweight World Championship with a unanimous decision victory over Anthony Crolla Saturday evening on SHOWTIME BOXING INTERNATIONAL from Manchester, England. The win sets Linares up for a possible unification fight with WBC Lightweight World Champion Mikey Garcia, a matchup that would be considered one of the best that can be […]
The post Jorge Linares dominates Anthony Crolla appeared first on Boxing News 24.
- JORGE LINARES DEFEATS ANTHONY CROLLA IN REMATCH TO RETAIN THE WBA, WBC DIAMOND & RING MAGAZINE WORLD LIGHTWEIGHT TITLES LIVE FROM MANCHESTER ARENA AND TELEVISED ON SKY SPORTS IN THE UK AND SHOWTIME IN THE U.S. Jorge “El Niño de Oro” Linares (42-3, 27 KOs) skillfully defeated former champion Anthony “Million Dollar” Crolla (31-6, 15 […]
The post Jorge Linares beats Anthony Crolla appeared first on Boxing News 24.
- Jack Arnfield settled his local rivalry with Brian Rose after completing a points victory over the fellow Blackpool man at Manchester Arena.
- By Scott Gilfoid: WBA World lightweight champion Jorge Linares (42-3, 27 KOs) put on a boxing clinic in defeating former WBA champion Anthony “Million Dollar” Crolla (31-6-3, 18 KOs) in what some fans saw as a pointless rematch at the Manchester Arena in Manchester, England. The victory for the 31-year-old Linares earned him the WBC […]
The post Jorge Linares vs. Anthony Crolla II – Results appeared first on Boxing News 24.
Linares beats Crolla again, retains WBA lightweight title in dominant fashion fightnews.com/Boxing/linares… #boxingLinares beats Crolla again, retains WBA lightweight title in dominant fashion fightnews.com/Boxing/linares… #boxing
- Anthony Crolla failed to regain the WBA lightweight title as Jorge Linares produced a masterful points win in their rematch in Manchester.
- Showtime Boxing International Results: By: William Holmes The last time Anthony Crolla and Jorge Linares faced each other their bout was televised in the United States on A Wealth of Entertainment (AWE) Network. However, their bout was so good that Showtime decided to televise the rematch, with the winner likely...
The post Showtime Boxing International Results: Jorge Linares Outclasses Anthony Crolla appeared first on BoxingInsider.com.
- Zeuge retains WBA super middleweight title with tech decision fightnews.com/Boxing/zeuge-r… #boxing
- Katie Taylor won her fourth professional fight when she overcame Milena Koleva 80-72 on points.
- Marcus Morrison's unbeaten record was shattered by a surprise points defeat against Jason Welborn at the Manchester Arena.
- By Chris Williams: HBO Boxing will be televising the replay of the Gennady Golovkin vs. Daniel Jacobs and Roman Gonzalez vs. Srisaket Rungvisai tonight. The card will begin at 10pm ET/PT on HBO. This is the replay of last Saturday’s fight card on HBO pay-per-view, which saw Golovkin edge Jacobs by a 12 round unanimous […]
The post Golovkin-Jacobs & Gonzalez-Rungvisai replay tonight on HBO appeared first on Boxing News 24.
- By Scott Gilfoid: Anthony “Million Dollar” Crolla (31-5-3, 13 KOs) will be giving it another try tonight in his rematch against WBA lightweight title holder Jorge Linares (41-3, 27 KOs), but it doesn’t figure to end well for him at the Manchester Arena in Manchester, England. Crolla already lost to the talented be shaky-chinned Linares […]
The post Prediction: Linares KOs Crolla appeared first on Boxing News 24.
- “The New” Ray Robinson Wins at the Fillmore in Philly Friday night! By: Ken Hissner Hard Hitting Promotions moved to a bigger facility at The Fillmore for their ever boxing event. They showcased contender “The New” Ray Robinson and Philly’s prospects filling out the undercard. The new site is beautiful...
The post “The New” Ray Robinson Wins at the Fillmore in Philly Friday night! appeared first on BoxingInsider.com.
- Quigley Headlines Self-Promoted card in DC fightnews.com/Boxing/quigley… #boxing
- Everything you need to know about Jorge Linares vs Anthony Crolla, live on Sky Sports on Saturday night.
- Anthony Crolla will try to regain the WBA lightweight title in tonight's rematch with Jorge Linares and The Panel have made their predictions.
- Bevilacqua-Abis tonight in Rome fightnews.com/Boxing/bevilac… #boxing
- Anthony Crolla battles Jorge Linares in the football mad city of Manchester, so we asked The Panel to pick out fighters who could imitate Premier League stars.
- By Eric Baldwin: Now that Gennady “GGG” has dodged a bullet with his close win over Danny Jacobs last Saturday night, Golovkin’s promoter Tom Loeffler is saying that a mega-fight against Saul “Canelo” Alvarez MUST happen in September for the fans. Loeffler needs to make sure that he doesn’t come across as too needy when […]
The post Canelo vs. Golovkin fight MUST happen says Loeffler appeared first on Boxing News 24.
- Golovkin-Canelo Update fightnews.com/Boxing/golovki… #boxing
- By Jim Dower: WBC junior middleweight champion Jermell Charlo (28-0, 13 KOs) will be defending his title against his mandatory challenger Charles Hatley (26-1-1, 18 KOs) on April 22 on the undercard of the welterweight clash between Andre Berto and Shawn Porter on Showtime Boxing from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. Charlo is […]
The post Jermell Charlo vs. Charles Hatley added to Porter-Berto card appeared first on Boxing News 24.
- By Jeff Aranow: Tony Bellew is predicting that Anthony Crolla (31-5-3, 13 KOs) will emerge as the winner on Saturday night in his rematch against WBA World lightweight champion Jorge Linares (41-3, 27 KOs) at the Manchester Arena in Manchester, England. Bellew, who holds the WBC cruiserweight champion, sees Crolla getting the victory by his […]
The post Bellew: Crolla will beat Linares with his better work rate appeared first on Boxing News 24.
- CBSSN Weights from Kansas fightnews.com/Boxing/cbssn-w… #boxing
- By Brian Garnett: It is embarrassing to watch the best boxer of this era chase down a fight with a guy whom has never fought in a professional boxing match in Floyd Mayweather Jr. chasing a fight against Conor McGregor. It is disgusting to watch a guy to whom boxing has given so much to […]
The post Poor Floyd appeared first on Boxing News 24.
- Weights from Billings, Montana fightnews.com/Boxing/weights… #boxing
- Robinson stops Lacerda in seven fightnews.com/Boxing/live-re… #Boxing
- Karperis stops Burrell at Rockin’ Fights 26 fightnews.com/Boxing/karperi… #boxing
Follow @NewslockBoxing on Twitter!