An unidentified man was injured early this morning at 1:20 a.m., at the 500 block of North Harbor Blvd., in Santa Ana, when a vehicle he was repairing rolled over him, according to the O.C. Register.
The man asked a woman to put the vehicle in reverse while he was standing on the hood of the car, working on the engine, according to the SAPD.
The plan backfired though when the woman put the car into drive instead and drove forward, which pushed both the vehicle and the man right through a w
- Santa Ana Police Department
Advisory: Detectives Arrest Suspect For Contacting 13 Year Old Minor On Facebook To Commit Lewd Acts
On 4/22/17, Santa Ana Police Detectives arrested German Martinez, 29, of Los Angeles, for PC 288.2(a) – Sending harmful matter to seduce a minor, and PC 288.3(a) – Communicating with a minor to commit lewd acts.
The case began when a 13-year-old victim was allowed to use Facebook by her parents. Shortly after the victim started using Facebook, German Martin
- A screen was cut inside a cell at the Orange County Central Men's Jail in Santa Ana that allowed three inmates to escape. A makeshift rope made with linens lies on a cell at the Orange County Central Men's Jail in Santa Ana.
- The Orange County Register has left its home in Santa Ana and moved into this building at 2190 S. Towne Centre Place in Anaheim. Saying "625 North Grand Avenue" in Orange County doesn't sound the same as saying "Times Square" in my native New York City.
- City of Santa Ana, Downtown Orange County
Community: 22nd Annual Summer Youth Job Fair Next Saturday, April 29th / 22ª Feria Anual de Empleo Juvenil de Verano
SANTA ANA – The State of California Employment Development Department (EDD), in collaboration with the City of Santa Ana and the Orange County Employer Advisory Council, will be hosting the 22nd annual Summer Youth Job Fair. Youth job seekers between the ages of 15 to 25 can connect with employers at the Job Fair on Saturd
- LAGUNA BEACH Police are looking for a man who ran from a car after a short pursuit through the city's tourist-filled downtown, police said Sunday. The incident was first reported at 4:53 p.m. when Laguna Beach Police was alerted about a suspected stolen car from Santa Ana heading their way.
- We notice that your web browser is out-of-date. For the best experience on AXS.com please consider upgrading to one of the following: We see your preferred language is English , would you like to stay on English or switch to English ? To say New Found Glory embarked on an ambitious tour this Spring would be a vast understatement.
- What has Obama done? @43 Aspirin ISIS did not exist at that time. It arose as a result And this guy was actually taken seriously by some people What a tool.
- Denisse Rincon, 18, Christine Hsu, 24, and Annie Duong, 19, members of the Collegiate Music Therapy Program play between patient rooms at the Orange County Global Medical Center in Santa Ana, on Saturday, April 22, 2017. Denisse Rincon, 18, Christine Hsu, 24, and Annie Duong, 19, members of the Collegiate Music Therapy Program play for patients and staff of the Orange County Global Medical Center in Santa Ana, on Saturday, April 22, 2017.
Councilman Sarmiento says he lives in Santa Ana. Does he? Let us know because we are still getting complaints.We’re still hearing that City Councilmember Vincente Sarmiento doesn’t live in Santa Ana. Apparently he lives outside of the city and his family isn’t involved with any of the local schools, parent organizations, sport teams, churches and the list goes on…
Do you know anything more about this? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know. The city’s charter is very clear you have to live in your ward and city or else you get disqualified from serving on the
- Angel Almazan, of Lake Elsinore, a former patient at the UC Irvine Regional Burn Center, holds his grandson Jeremiah Tucker, 1, as he visits with friends and family at the Burn Center's annual picnic on Thursday. Ashley Mendoza, 9, of Corona, gets her arm painted by Doran Sorensen, aka Dodo the clown, during Thursday's annual picnic.
- SAUSD: Saddleback High School from B43Productions on Vimeo.
Saddleback High School joins elite ranks of International Baccalaureate (IB) World Class schools
Rigorous program to help SAUSD close achievement gap with Latino and low-income students
(April 21, 2017) – Saddleback High School has been named an International Baccalaureate (IB) World Class school, a prestigious honor awarded to only select schools across the globe.
Beginning in the 2017-18 school year, Saddleback students will be
- Daisy Oropeza, a 22-year-old woman, pleaded guilty Friday, April 21, and was immediately sentenced to four years in prison for ramming a stolen sedan into a squad car during a police pursuit in Santa Ana, according to the O.C. Register.
Oropeza must not have had much of a defense available as she ended up accepting a number of felony charges that included two counts of assault with a weapon on a peace officer and one count each of vandalism, theft with a prior felony conviction of stealing
- A federal jury in Virginia on Friday convicted three Orange County residents accused of scamming hundreds of people of at least $10 million. Sammy Araya, 41, of Santa Ana, Michael Henderson, 49, of Costa Mesa, and Jen Seko, 36, of Anaheim are facing decades in prison for their roles in a nationwide home-modification scam that targeted homeowners facing foreclosure.
- Los Angeles Times
Santa Ana police chief resigns and takes job as chief of BART Police ...
Los Angeles Times
Santa Ana Police Chief Carlos Rojas announced this week that he is resigning from his post as chief and is taking a job with the Bay Area Transit Police ...
Santa Ana Police Chief Resigns for Bay Area Transit PostU.S. News & World Report
Sources: BART hires new police chief from Santa Ana - SFGateSFGate
Santa Ana Police Chief to Resign Amid Criticism and Praise | Voice ...Voiceo
Woman gets 4 years for hitting Santa Ana cop car during chase
SANTA ANA — A 22-year-old woman pleaded guilty Friday, April 21, and was immediately sentenced to four years in prison for ramming a stolen sedan into a squad car during a police pursuit in Santa Ana. Daisy Oropeza admitted two counts of assault with ...
Prominent LGBT activist Cleve Jones to speak at Santa Ana fundraiser
Gay rights activist Cleve Jones , seen in 2009, is scheduled to attend a fundraiser in Santa Ana on Saturday, April 22. (File photo by Philip Scott Andrews, AP). By Deepa Bharath | email@example.com | Orange County Register. PUBLISHED: April 21, 2017 ...
- The LGBT Center OC will honor prominent activist Cleve Jones, whose life was featured in the ABC miniseries "When We Rise" and the Oscar-nominated film, "Milk," during its annual Indigo Ball fundraiser Saturday night, April 22, at the Discovery Cube in Santa Ana. Jones, 62, was the brain behind the NAMES Project AIDS Memorial Quilt, which, at 54 tons, is the world's largest piece of community folk art.
- 26 DOCTORS, PHARMACISTS, AND BUSINESS OWNERS CHARGED IN $40 MILLION KICKBACK SCHEME
*13,000 patients affected in statewide workers’ comp fraud
ORANGE COUNTY, Calif. — Insurance Commissioner Dave Jones and Orange County District Attorney (OCDA) Tony Rackauckas announced a shutdown of a $40 million fraudulent medical billing and kickback operation with the filing of charges against more than two dozen doctors, pharmacists, and business owners.
Tanya Moreland King, 37, and her husband C
- 2017 Artist of the Year Top 10 nominee for instrumental music: Aileen Chung, Crean Lutheran High School. 2017 Artist of the Year Top 10 nominee for instrumental music: Aileen Chung, Crean Lutheran High School.
- BART names first Latino police chief: Carlos Rojas from Santa Ana
The Mercury News
Santa Ana Mayor Miguel Pulido, left, looks on as Chief of Police Carlos Rojas describes the details of a hit and run accident that killed three teenagers on Halloween during a news conference Monday, Nov. 3, 2014, in Santa Ana, Calif. Jaquinn Bell, 31 ...and more »
- Police are looking for a woman who cashed two checks stolen in early March from an office at 909 N. Sepulveda Blvd. in El Segundo. On March 22, the woman and a man posed as a couple "in need" and coaxed two customers at Bank of America branches in Santa Ana and Aliso Viejo to cash them for a total of $4,762.50.
- Dec. 2 terrorist attack survivors were left downhearted after state legislation expected to help them and other Californians recover from terrorism and workplace violence was eviscerated Wednesday, April 19. Assembly Bill 44, authored by first-term Assemblywoman Eloise Reyes, D-Grand Terrace, was gutted by the Assembly Insurance Committee, which is chaired by Assemblyman Tom Daly, D-Anaheim, and co-chaired by Assemblywoman Melissa Melendez, R-Lake Elsinore.
- Albuquerque Journal
'Spring Bling': Santa Ana Star Casino offers chances to win diamond jewelry
Santa Ana Star Casino wants to add some bling to your spring this month and beyond. (Courtesy of Santa Ana Star Casino ...
- The Mercury News
BART expected to name ex-Santa Ana chief its next top cop
The Mercury News
According to media reports Thursday, April 20, 2017,, Santa Ana Chief of Police Carlos Rojas, right, will be announced Friday as BART's next police chief. By George Kelly | firstname.lastname@example.org | Bay Area News Group. PUBLISHED: April 20, 2017 ...
- Dennis Chambers, president of the Buena Park School District, is accused of having thousands of pornographic videos and images of children. Dennis Chambers, president of the Buena Park School District, is accused of having thousands of pornographic videos and images of children.
- Santa Ana Mayor Miguel Pulido, left, looks on as Chief of Police Carlos Rojas describes the details of a hit and run accident that killed three teenagers on Halloween during a news conference Monday, Nov. 3, 2014, in Santa Ana, Calif. Jaquinn Bell, 31, of Orange drove a black Honda SUV through a marked crosswalk on Friday near an elementary school in Santa Ana, hitting 13-year-old twin sisters Lexi and Lexandra Perez and their friend Andrea Gonzalez, police said.
- Former SAPD Police Chief Carlos Rojas just resigned in Santa Ana but he has already landed a new job. Rojas is the new Police Chief for the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) subway system in the Bay Area, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.
Rojas is taking over from the former BART Police Chief, Kenton Rainey, who retired last December.
Rojas is leaving the SAPD because he was a complete failure. On his watch crime zoomed up in Santa Ana. Three years into his tenure we are averaging a sh
- Eighteen Visions is back. Ten years to the day after playing their final show, the Orange County metallers have announced that they've reunited, and that they'll release a new album titled XVIII -- the Roman numeral for 18 -- on June 2. For your first taste of the reunited Eighteen Visions, you can listen to the XVIII single "Oath" now on YouTube .
Santa Ana police chief resigns
Sana Ana Police Chief Carlos Rojas is resigning as of June 9 to take a position with another agency. (Santa Ana PD). KABC. By ABC7.com staff. Thursday, April 20, 2017 06:34PM. SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) --. Carlos Rojas, the police chief of Santa Ana for ...
BART names first Latino police chief: Carlos Rojas from Santa AnaThe Mercury Newsall 7 news articles »
- SANTA ANA - A Beverly Hills couple was among more than two dozen doctors, pharmacists, and business owners charged Thursday in an alleged $40 million kickback scheme. Prosecutors say Tanya Moreland King, 37, and her husband Christopher King, 38, the owners of medical billing and medical management companies Monarch Medical Group, Inc, King Medical Management, Inc. and One Source Laboratories, Inc. orchestrated a complex insurance fraud scheme of recruiting doctors and pharmacists to prescribe un
- Santa Ana Police Chief Carlos Rojas (pictured in the middle)
Santa Ana Police Department, Office of the Chief of Police
Memo To: Gerardo Mouet, Acting City Manager
From: Carlos Rojas, Chief of Police
Date: April 19, 2017
For over 27 years, I have had the privilege and honor to serve the business owners, residents and all community members of this wonderful city. This memo will serve as my intent to resign as the Chief of Polic
- California passed landmark digital privacy legislation in 2015, but a new bill threatens to gut these protections for students and employees at public K-12 schools. The California Electronic Communications Privacy Act was adopted in the wake of the U.S. Supreme Court's unanimous Riley v.
Christmas Will Bring a New Public Recreational Facility to Santa Ana, Costa Rica - The Costa Rica StarThe Costa Rica Star
Christmas Will Bring a New Public Recreational Facility to Santa Ana, Costa Rica
The Costa Rica Star
Santa Ana's new public recreational park will be ready in December of this year, according to local news reports. It will be located in the downtown plaza in front of the Santa Ana Catholic Church. Once completed, the facility a will include several ...
Jump in Shootings Prompts Santa Ana to Look at Comprehensive Approach
15 year-old Isaac Gonzales was shot and killed while walking near his home last month. He was an aspiring boxer who police say was not involved in a gang. By Nick Gerda | 1 min ago. Santa Ana city leaders are starting a community-wide conversation ...
- COSTA MESA Weeks after lower-tier city employees received a bump in pay, top administrators were granted salary increases after going nearly a decade without one. The pay hikes - approved without much discussion Tuesday by the City Council on a narrow 3 to 2 vote - range from 2 percent to 15.88 percent for division leaders up to City Manager Tom Hatch.
- Private first class Allen Duroy's sister Kay Wilson-Hartley, center, smiles as she receives a bouquet of flowers from Donna Peery, left, at corner of DuRoy Court and Davis Drive in Tustin on Tuesday, April 18, 2017. Tom Robb of American Legion Post 227 salutes during National Anthem at corner of DuRoy Ct. and Davis Dr. in Tustin on Tuesday, April 18, 2017.
- Santa Ana Pothole Map
City of Santa Ana
Community: City of Santa Ana Unveils Pothole Map
SANTA ANA – The City of Santa Ana recently launched the Santa Ana Maintenance System pothole map—an online data tool that is linked to the mySantaAna app, a smartphone-enabled reporting tool for maintenance service requests. The user-friendly map displays all reported potholes, including their location, date reported, status, and date filled.
“The Santa Ana Maintenance System pothole map al
- SANTA ANA The first month of this year like the beginning of last year saw a shooting-per-day average, and while gang violence in Santa Ana hasn't reached the levels of the 1990s, the rise prompted one city council member to call for a public discussion. "Why I brought this up is we can't just put blame and the entire responsibility to the police chief and the police department," Mayor Pro Tem Michele Martinez said at Tuesday's city council meeting.
- City of Santa Ana, Downtown Orange County
Water Resources Division Honored For “Best Water Program” in California for small communities
SANTA ANA, Calif., April 19, 2017—The City of Santa Ana won the 2017 Resource Efficiency & Community Service Award by the California Municipal Utilities Association (CMUA) for its water conservation program called “Every Drop Counts: Let’s Not Waste It.” The best public utilities in California compete for this highly
Santa Ana police, city officials, say 'holistic approach' needed to ...
Santa Ana police were investigating a shooting that happened to the front of Adeline Walker elementary school around 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, April 18. (Photo by ...
Santa Ana Considers New Police Oversight After $8.5 Million in ...VoiceofOCall 4 news articles »
Santa Ana police, city officials, say 'holistic approach' needed to combat gang shootings and violence - OCRegisterOCRegister
Santa Ana police, city officials, say 'holistic approach' needed to combat gang shootings and violence
Santa Ana police were investigating a shooting that happened to the front of Adeline Walker elementary school around 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, April 18. (Photo by Adrian Pineda, Contributing Photographer). By Jessica Kwong | email@example.com | Orange ...
Santa Ana Considers New Police Oversight After $8.5 Million in Shooting PayoutsVoiceofOCall 4 news articles »
- Streetsblog Los Angeles (blog)
Metro West Santa Ana Branch Light Rail Alignments Narrowed ...
Streetsblog Los Angeles (blog)
The West Santa Ana Branch is a historic Pacific Electric Streetcar right-of-way that runs diagonally through southeast L.A. County cities including Paramount, ...and more »
- Sage Hill freshman Dylan Long and Nadya Rodriguez, third-grader at El Sol Science and Arts Academy of Santa Ana, fly a homemade kite together as part of Sage Hill's service learning project at Huntington Beach State Beach on Wednesday, April 19, 2017. Students from Sage Hill High School have mentored students from El Sol Academy and Edward B Cole Sr. Academy by doing science based projects with them throughout the school year.
- Exclusive: Santa Ana Casino reveals more details on hotel plans
Albuquerque Business First
Filled with “must read” stories, industry news and reporter insights, exclusive interviews with local business leaders, and expanded Top 25 Lists. Exclusive Online Tools. Research the 3+ year digital archive, and People on the Move leads database download.
Santa Ana kids and mentors fly homemade kites in Huntington Beach
Nadya Rodriguez, third-grader at El Sol Science and Arts Academy of Santa Ana, tries to get her homemade kite in the air during Sage Hill High School's service learning project at Huntington Beach State Beach on Wednesday, April 19, 2017. (Photo by ...
- The hallway walls at Samueli Academy i Santa Ana were designed to inspire students. The design side of the school features names of famous designers, quotes from famous designers, colleges of design and types of jobs in design.
- City of Santa Ana
Community: Graffiti Paint Out and Beautification Day with Children’s Day/Book Day this Saturday / Día de Eliminación de Grafiti y Embellecimiento
SANTA ANA, CA – Join the City of Santa Ana, Public Works Agency for their Community Graffiti Paint-Out and Beautification Day in conjunction with the Children’s Day / Book Day Celebration event this Saturday, April 22, 2017 at the Santa Ana Public Library. This is a combined effort by City-contracted g
Santa Ana teachers rally in wake of more than 330 layoff notices
Alexandra Pineda Social, left, a science teacher at Carr Intermediate joins other teachers in a rally at the Santa Ana Unified School District in Santa Ana on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 in support of those who may loose their jobs. An estimated 300-plus ...
- A 31-year-old man was behind bars Tuesday, April 18, on suspicion of faking his own kidnapping and trying to extort $300 from his mother, Santa Ana police said. Robert Nunez's mother contacted police Sunday, April 16, when she had not heard from her son for a few days then received a text message saying he was dead, Santa Ana police Cpl.
Follow @SantaAna_News_ on Twitter!