Santa Ana Police Department
Advisory: Detectives Arrest Man Wanted In 2011 Gang Related Homicide
Arrested Jesus Canales (23) – Charge Homicide
On Friday, July 22, 2011, a gang-related shooting occurred at the 300 block of East Washington Ave. The victim, a male juvenile, died as a result. During the investigation SAPD Homicide Detectives identified Jesus Canales, 18-years old at the time of the shooting, as one of the suspects. A warrant was issued for his arrest.
During the ensuing ongoin
- Accounting Today (blog)
HMWC staff helps #HashtagLunchbag feed Santa Ana homeless
Accounting Today (blog)
The staff of Southern California firm HMWC CPAs & Business Advisors (HMWC) recently volunteered to help feed the homeless in nearby Santa Ana via the #HashtagLunchbag campaign, the firm announced this week. On November 13, HMWC's group of ...
- The staff of Southern California firm HMWC CPAs & Business Advisors recently volunteered to help feed the homeless in nearby Santa Ana via the #HashtagLunchbag campaign, the firm announced this week. assemble and donate over 750 lunches for the homeless in Santa Ana, along with writing personal notes of encouragement for the recipients.
- ORANGE COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY NEWS RELEASE
December 7, 2016
Case # 16WF1916
LOS ANGELES FELON CHARGED WITH HUMAN TRAFFICKING AND PIMPING FOUR VICTIMS INCLUDING 13-YEAR-OLD GIRL AND FILMING SEXUAL ASSAULT OF 15-YEAR-OLD VICTIM
WESTMINSTER, Calif. – A Los Angeles felon is facing additional charges for human trafficking and pimping four victims, including a 13-year-old girl, and filming the sexual assault of a 15-year-old victim. James Dennis Lyle, 29, Walnut, was charged on Aug. 25, 2
- Logan James Cunningham, a 27-year-old Long Beach man was charged Tuesday in the stabbing death of a man outside a Circle K store in Santa Ana in August, according to the O.C. Register.
Cunningham is also facing a count of murder with an enhancement for using a deadly weapon in connection.
Cunningham will next appear in court on Tuesday and his arraignment was scheduled for just before Christmas Eve, on Dec. 23. He is being held on more than $1 million bail.
Jason Paul Torres and his family
- The City of Santa Ana recently announced that they have partnered with North Star Destination Strategies to develop a community “Brand” for marketing the area to residents, businesses and visitors in the year 2017 and beyond. However that branding effort might have already been settled when the Santa Ana City Council decided this week to support a resolution declaring Santa Ana to be a Sanctuary City.
City employees in these sanctuary areas are directed not to contact the feder
Luminaria Nights light up Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden
Enjoy Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden at night illuminated by the moon and more than 1,000 luminaria. COURTESY PHOTO. Related article » · Cross Plumbing. 951-215-0700. Riverside Yellow Pages · THINGS TO DO. By SUZANNE SPROUL / STAFF ...
- Do you remember Nativo Lopez? He was a Santa Ana School Board member who was recalled in 2003 due in part to allegations that he was impeding the implementation of Proposition 227 in the 62,000-student school system. Prop. 227 was the measure backed by wealthy Republican Ron Unz that put a stop to bilingual education in California. Unz also spent $100,00 to gather the signatures that put the Lopez recall on the ballot.
But in the November General Election this year California’ voters
- Joel Cazares, left, of Santa Ana, Calif., of Building Healthy Communities joins other immigration rights activists in a news conference in front of Santa Ana city hall in Santa Ana on Tuesday, Dec. 6, 2016, to voice their support for Santa Ana becoming a sanctuary city. The move comes after Trump campaigned on promises to build a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border and calls for tougher immigration enforcement.
- Steven Gordon waits to present his opening statement as his capital murder trial resumes in Santa Ana Superior Court. Serving as his own counsel, Steven Gordon points to a photo of his friend Frank Cano as Gordon presents his opening .
Accused Serial Killer Speaks Out in Santa Ana Courtroom During Trial
For only the second time in Orange County history, a capitol murder suspect is defending himself in court. Steven Gordon, a registered sex offender who is one of two men charged with four counts of special-circumstance murder in the deaths of four ...and more »
Man charged in stabbing death outside Santa Ana Circle K
Logan James Cunningham, 27, of Long Beach was charged in the August stabbing death of a man in Santa Ana outside a convenience store. (Courtesy of the Santa Ana Police Department). By ALMA FAUSTO / STAFF WRITER. Facebook; Twitter; Email ...
- Santa Ana School Police Department
Wednesday December 7th, 2016, 10:27 a.m. PST
Advisory: Thorpe Fundamental School on Lockdown due to Police Activity in the area. Police Officers on scene. Students Safe.
Update: The lockdown has been lifted as of 10:33 a.m. The suspect has been arrested by the SAPD.
Police are searching for a suspect in the area of Thorpe Fundamental School. As a precaution only, Thorpe has been placed in a lockdown. Police Officers are on site at the school Students are safe.T
Santa Ana Becomes a Sanctuary City, With Its Mayor Absent Without Leave from Marathon Council MeetingMichele Martinez and Mayor Pulido were both absent, Pulido with no excuse. A lot of shit was talked about Pulido, and how he always avoids meetings with controversial topics, and how he breaks laws with no regrets or compunctions, pays the fines, and gloats "I still got what I wanted."
- Plan to Improve Health of Orange County Community Available for Public Comment
On behalf of the Orange County Health Improvement Partnership (HIP), the Orange County Health Care Agency announces the availability of the 2017-19 Orange County Health Improvement Plan for public review and comment at www.ochealthiertogether.org through December 16, 2016.The plan lays out assessments, goals, objectives and strategies for addressing the priority health areas and overall public health system over the n
- INDECENT EXPOSURE ARREST
On December 4, 2016, at approximately 7:30 a.m., Fountain Valley Police Officers were dispatched to the rear alley of 18533 Brookhurst Street in reference to a subject masturbating in public.
Officers arrived on scene and located William Bowyer (31) from Hemet, who was lying on the ground in a sleeping bag. Bowyer admitted to lewd behavior in public.
A records check revealed that Bowyer had prior convictions for indecent exposure and disorderly conduct/soliciting lewd ac
- ORANGE COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY NEWS RELEASE
December 6, 2016
Case # 16CF0030
NORTHERN CALIFORNIA STRIKER SENTENCED TO 12 YEARS IN PRISON FOR CONSPIRING TO PIMP WOMAN AND POSSESSING STUN GUN
SANTA ANA, Calif. – A Northern California man was sentenced to 12 years in prison for conspiring to pimp a woman and illegally possessing a stun gun in his vehicle. Binh Cong Thai, 29, San Jose, pleaded guilty on March 3, 2016, to one felony count of conspiracy to commit pimping and one misdemeano
- Should non citizens be allowed to vote in Santa Ana local electionsYes all our residents should be allowed to vote in our local electionsNo voting should be reserved for US citizens onlyView Result Total votes: 13Yes all our residents should be allowed to vote in our local elections (0 votes, 0%)No voting should be reserved for US citizens only (13 votes, 100%) Vote
Santa Ana’s City Council members voted 5-0 Tuesday in favor of adopting a Sanctuary City resolution that requires the city to
- Raw Story
Santa Ana declares itself a sanctuary city in defiance of Trump
SANTA ANA, Calif.—Santa Ana City Council members voted Tuesday to declare Orange County's second-most populous city a sanctuary city — a largely symbolic gesture to protect immigrants who are in the country illegally. The move is in direct defiance ...
- Santa Ana City Council members voted Tuesday to declare Orange County's second-most populous city a sanctuary city - a largely symbolic gesture to protect immigrants who are in the country illegally. The move is in direct defiance of President-elect Donald Trump , who was critical of illegal immigration and sanctuary cities during his campaign.
- Michael Collins, left, and wife Lyann Courant, right, own Advantage Manufacturing, an 18,000-square-foot pool equipment business based at an industrial park in Tustin where their son Eban Collins works as well. The family has leased the same location for more than 20 years.
Santa Ana declares itself a sanctuary city in defiance of Trump - LA ...
Los Angeles Times
Santa Ana City Council members voted Tuesday to declare Orange County's second-most populous city a sanctuary city — a largely symbolic gesture to protect.
Santa Ana takes financial risk by becoming sanctuary city, phasing out ICE jail contractOCRegister
Santa Ana joins the ranks of SoCal 'sanctuary cities' — what does that mean?89.3 KPCC
Santa Ana declares itself a sanctuary for im
- A 27-year-old man was charged today with murder in the stabbing death of another man at a gas station in Santa Ana in August. Logan James Cunningham of Long Beach, who was arrested Friday, was scheduled to be arraigned this afternoon.
- Should Santa Ana become a Sanctuary CityYes, Santa Ana should become a Sanctuary CityNo, we should solve our crime and homeless problems firstView Result Total votes: 0Yes, Santa Ana should become a Sanctuary City (0 votes, 0%)No, we should solve our crime and homeless problems first (0 votes, 0%) Vote
The Santa Ana City Council will be considering a resolution at their meeting tonight to declare Santa Ana to be a Sanctuary City.
If passed, the resolution would require the city prohibit using ci
- Long Beach man arrested in Santa Ana stabbing death
Long Beach Press Telegram
A 27-year-old man was charged today with murder in the stabbing death of another man at a gas station in Santa Ana in August. Logan James Cunningham of Long Beach, who was arrested Friday, was scheduled to be arraigned this afternoon. He was being ...and more »
- Shooters Syed Rizwan Farook and his wife Tashfeen Malik killed 14 people and wounded 22 when they opened fire at a social services agency in San Bernardino, California, Dec. 2, 2015./ REUTERS The California Department of Industrial Relations is investigating delays in treatment for those injured in the San Bernardino terrorist attack in 2015, and a California lawmaker has proposed streamlining the workers compensation process for those injured in the attack or acts of workplace violence. This fo
- Girls wrestling: Santa Ana Lady Saints Tournament continues to grow
What a difference a few years makes for Santa Ana girls wrestling coach Tim Byers and his the Santa Ana Lady Saints Tournament. "When I started it, in the first year, we had three mats with 150 girls," he said. This weekend, the fifth-year tournament ...
- Operation Warm Wishes Presents: The 5th Annual Gift of Giving – Christmas Pancake Breakfast Celebration and Laundry Day for the Homeless and Families in Need!
Featuring…..”The Happy Holiday Hut” filled with toys and gifts for our children and families! Join us! All are invited! No one will be turned away!
When: Christmas Morning
Where: Good Choice Laundry- 1620 East First Street, Santa Ana, CA 92701
Time: 7 a.m – Noon
What: Free Laundry Service, Pancake Breakfast,
- The car wash is still there at Fifth and Bristol. KLOS is still in business, too, although I'm pretty sure their logo has changed from that rainbow-oval they used through the 1980s.
Santa Ana Officials Hope to Alleviate Housing Crisis With Community Land Trust
Activists want to establish a micro-farm at this vacant city-owned property on Walnut Street, as part of their effort to develop housing and open space on public lands. By Nick Gerda | 7 hours ago. ShareTweet EmailPrint More. More on santa ana ...
- David Benavides is a candidate for Santa Ana mayor in the November 2012 election. He is also a Santa Ana City Councilman.
Santa Ana will consider declaring itself an immigration sanctuary
Estefania Cruz holds a sign in support of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, in front of the Ronald Reagan Federal Building and Courthouse in Santa Ana in 2012. (File photo by Ana Venegas, Orange County Register/SCNG). By JESSICA KWONG ...
Community Groups Mobilize to Santa Ana City Hall Requesting Public Land for Public BenefitVoiceofOCall 3 news articles »
- SANTA ANA The son of a former "Real Housewives of Orange County" cast member was ordered Monday to stand trial on three charges of attempted murder in Costa Mesa. Orange County Superior Court Judge W. Michael Hayes found prosecutors presented enough evidence at a preliminary hearing to hold over Joshua Michael Waring, 27, for trial.
- Proposed legislation introduced Monday would ban candidates for public office in California from sending taxpayer-funded mass mailings in the 90 days before an election, a practice that critics say provides incumbents with an unfair advantage in promoting themselves at the public's expense. That issue of whether officials seeking re-election should send out mass print communications surfaced in Orange County's recent election cycle after incumbent county Supervisor Andrew Do sent out 1.2 million
- Some opponents of a proposed 100-unit condominium tower said they suspect a petitioner seen gathering signatures over the weekend is aligned with the developer of the project to hinder efforts in bringing forth a referendum on the matter. Susan Skinner, of the activist group Still Protecting Our Newport, or SPON, believes proponents of the development are circulating a mystery petition claiming to be against the luxury Museum House project.
Riverside to clear Santa Ana River bottom brush
Riverside firefighters walk along the Santa Ana River bottom to look for hot spots after a fire in 2013. A team of fire, public works and parks employees will clear brush to reduce fire risk on Wednesday, Dec. 7. , STAN LIM, FILE PHOTO. Related article ».and more »
- My mother brought it up. We always ate dinner together, even if it was just 30 minutes, a consistent habit of my 1970s family in Santa Ana, California.
- A suspected car thief led the California Highway Patrol in a pursuit that started in Laguna Beach and ended in by the John Wayne Airport, according to the O.C. Register.
As is often the case the car in question, a blue Honda Civic, was reported stolen in Santa Ana. The suspect took the stolen car to Laguna Beach where local police officers tried to stop the driver but of course he took off, traveling down Newport Coast Drive before heading southbound on the 73.
That is when the CHP took over the
Options running out for homeless living along Santa Ana river bed
Keith Romero lives under the Memory Lane bridge, where he has made his home for 28 years. The county filled the slope with rocks, but he hasn't moved. “I don't know where to go,” he says.(Photo by Ana Venegas, Orange County Register/SCNG).and more »
- The Whittier Daily News
Luminaria Nights light up Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden
The Whittier Daily News
Hundreds of luminaria will light the way at the annual Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden Luminaria Nights holiday programs. (Courtesy photo). By Suzanne Sproul, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin. Posted: 12/05/16, 6:42 AM PST | Updated: 1 min ago.and more »
Why is the Rancho Santiago Community College District still playing footsie with the corrupt Saudis?You would think that the Rancho Santiago Community College District’s Board of Trustees might have learned something in November when one of them, Claudia Alvarez, almost lost her reelection campaign. But apparently they didn’t as the Rancho Santiago Community College Foundation’s Board of Directors is once more considering a ridiculous consultation contract in Saudia Arabia – a country that regularly mistreats women and minorities and even beheads their own citizens in p
- LA Daily News
SoCal Prep Legends Boys Athlete of the Week: Jonathan Briseno, Santa Ana
LA Daily News
Noteworthy: In a poll that tallied just under 25,000 total votes, Briseno's numbers took up more than 40 percent of the weight. Briseno's 10,286 votes were enough to keep Los Altos' Khayman King at bay, whose game-winning catch last week against Long ...and more »
- Tough end to Santa Ana's remarkable season
TEMECULA – Charlie TeGantvoort has worked wonders since taking over as coach of a floundering Santa Ana program back in 2014. Inheriting a team that went 0-10 the season before he stepped on campus, it took the Saints coach just three seasons to ...and more »
- Rancho Christian proves too good for previously unbeaten Santa ...
TEMECULA – Charlie TeGantvoort has worked wonders since taking over as coach of a floundering Santa Ana program back in 2014. Inheriting a team that.and more »
- BC women capture Santa Ana tourney title
The Bakersfield Californian
The Bakersfield College women's basketball team captured the Santa Ana Tournament championship with a 77-75 victory over Moorpark in double overtime on Saturday. MacKenzie te Velde led the Renegades (3-5) with 18 points and 15 rebounds. "We went ...
- CBS Local
Mild Conditions Expected As Santa Ana Winds Dissipate This Weekend
LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — High winds were expected to dissipate by Saturday afternoon and pave the way for mild conditions through the weekend, forecasters said. Craig Herrera, a meteorologist for CBS2 and KCAL9, says gusts of up to 45 miles per ...
- Wrestling preview: Santa Ana's Daniel motivated to keep improving ...
SANTA ANA – Joey Daniel was in survival mode at last year's CIF state wrestling tournament. The week before, at the CIF-SS Masters Meet, the.and more »
- 89.3 KPCC
Northbound 710 closes between Santa Ana, Pomona freeways this weekend
Large cranes and concrete panels will again take over a section of the 710 Freeway during a 54-hour closure this weekend. All lanes of northbound Interstate 710 will be inaccessible between 10 p.m. Friday and 4 a.m. Monday. The freeway's southbound ...and more »
- 89.3 KPCC
Northbound 710 closes between Santa Ana, Pomona freeways this ...
Large cranes and concrete panels will again take over a section of the 710 Freeway during a 54-hour closure this weekend. All lanes of northbound Interstate ...and more »
Cold, damaging Santa Ana winds hit 75 mph in LA County mountains and topple trees - Los Angeles TimesLos Angeles Times
Cold, damaging Santa Ana winds hit 75 mph in LA County mountains and topple trees
Los Angeles Times
Cold and powerful Santa Ana winds whipped much of the Southland on Friday as gusts topped 75 mph in the San Gabriel mountains and raised a massive cloud of dust that was visible from space. The blustery weather also toppled trees across the region ...
Cold, dry Santa Ana wind dangers: Falling trees, wildfires, driving hazardsMyNewsLA.com
Chilly Santa Ana winds to howl acros
Follow @SantaAna_News_ on Twitter!