Football Game Preview: Santa Ana vs. Ocean View
Santa Ana and Ocean View take on one another this Friday at 7:00 PM on Santa Ana's home turf. Santa Ana has been consistently improving, netting more total points each game than the last for three weeks now. Santa Ana dominated last week, ...
As Santa Ana cheers 'Great Neighborhood' win, activists decry ...
SANTA ANA – As Latinos have for generations in Santa Ana, Café Calacas' Frank Farias brought out a plate of pan de muerto, or bread of.and more »
As Santa Ana cheers 'Great Neighborhood' win, activists decry area's gentrification
When Atilano Molina is not creating art, he's styling hair. Although his Atilano Salon and Art Gallery is in a premier spot within the 1928 historic Santora Arts Building, he needs a bigger space. It is wanted, perhaps, to acommodate his work on the ...
- SANTA ANA When Jeffrey Scott Jones slashed his neck with a standard-issue razor blade Wednesday in an Orange County courtroom following a child sex-assault conviction, he became the latest statistic in a growing safety problem within the nation's judicial system, according to a security expert. Violence in U.S. courtrooms is on the rise despite efforts by many states, including California, to implement more stringent security measures, said Nathan Hall, a senior consultant for the National Cente
- A former California college student was sentenced Wednesday to 30 years in prison for trying to aid the Islamic State group. Muhanad Badawi, 25, was also sentenced to a lifetime of supervised release during a hearing in federal court in Santa Ana.
- Moments after being convicted in a California courtroom of sexual assaulting a child, a former high school English teacher pulled out a razor blade and slashed his throat. Moments after being convicted in a California courtroom of sexual assaulting a child, a former high school English teacher pulled out a razor blade and slashed his throat.
- Delainea Session, 11, left, and Amanda Martinez, 11, participate in the Great California ShakeOut, by getting under their desks in their sixth grade class, at Jones Elementary School on Thursday, Oct. 15, 2015. San Bernardino City Unified School District schools and offices will participated in the Great California ShakeOut.
Is Mayor Pro Tem Sarmiento protecting his sister’s disgusting closed-down bar from Code Enforcement?Recently, the city of Santa Ana released a new “Shop Local, Shop Santa Ana” video to promote spending our money locally. In the city produced video, we are shown images of clean and vibrant stores and businesses as our elected officials put themselves in front of the camera reminding us to spend our dollars locally. Sales tax revenues pump an estimated $46M into our city’s coffers, annually.
BUT if you’ve driven down Historical South Main St. anytime recently, you&r
- Investigators Seek Additional Victims of Indecent Exposure Suspect
SANTA ANA, CA (October 20, 2016) – Orange County Sheriff’s deputies assigned to the Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) Right of Way team arrested Stephen Ponte Garcia (1-24-79) on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 on charges related to multiple incidents involving indecent exposure. Garcia was arrested after a warrant was obtained for his arrest following a three-week investigation.
Stephen Ponte Garcia
- While most of us were sleeping this morning three gangbangers in their late 30s were stalking and shooting a Latino 26-year old male at 931 W. Bishop, in Santa Ana.
One of the cholos pulled out a gun and fired at the victim. The victim was able to flee from his attackers. He said that the suspects fled in a medium-sized grey SUV. The victim, thankfully, was not injured in this attack.
This shooting happened just north of the James Russell Lowell Elementary School, a few blocks southwest of
- Westside Today
Santa Ana Winds Return, Fire Warning Again on High Alert
Strong Santa Ana winds again will buffet the Southland Thursday and temperatures will spike, prompting the National Weather Service to warm of an “extreme fire danger” in the region and the possibility of heat-related illnesses. A red flag warning ...and more »
California teacher cuts his throat in court after sexual assault conviction
Jeffrey Scott Jones slashed his throat with a razor in a Santa Ana, Calif., court room after learning of his conviction on sexual assault charges. Photo courtesy of Huntington Beach Police Department. SANTA ANA, Calif., Oct. 20 (UPI) -- A man slashed ...and more »
- SANTA ANA The nonprofit KidWorks, aimed at restoring at-risk neighborhoods, has received final approval from the city for an expansion of its main facility that will allow it to serve several hundred more low-income youth and families. With its conditional use permit approved by the City Council, KidWorks will more than double the space joining its 10,000-square-foot Dan Donahue Center with an adjacent 10,366-square-foot industrial building at 1910 W. Chestnut Ave. The added space will enable th
- Santa Ana Winds Bring Heat, Danger
DTN The Progressive Farmer (registration) (blog)
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Southern California residents were bracing for another day of gusty Santa Ana winds, along with a chance of record high temperatures from a fall heat wave. Temperatures could reach 100 in the hottest coastal and valley locations, ...and more »
- Brooks Nielsen of the Growlers performs druing Day 2 of the 4th annual Beach Goth festival at the Observatory in Santa Ana in 2015 Brooks Nielsen of the Growlers performs druing Day 2 of the 4th annual Beach Goth festival at the Observatory in Santa Ana in 2015 How much : $99 for single-day GA tickets, $150 for single-day VIP tickets, $175 for two-day GA passes, $275 for two-day VIP passes. When the Growlers started out a decade or so ago, singer Brooks Nielsen says the band really didn't unders
- SANTA ANA A pedestrian was struck by a small SUV near Warner Avenue and Shelton Street on Wednesday night and suffered a serious head injury, authorities said. The collision occured around 8 p.m. as the pedestrian, a 55-year-old man, crossed Warner, said Orange County Fire Authroty Capt.
- A 55-year old man was struck by a small SUV this evening near Warner Ave. and S. Shelton Street, at around 8 p.m., according to the O.C. Register.
The pedestrian was struck as he was trying to cross Warner, southwest of Memorial Park.
The victim was taken to a local hospital and was in critical trauma care. His condition was stable by 9:30 p.m. according to the SAPD.
SAPD police investigators do not believe that the driver of the SUV was under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the
Santa Ana to help pay for 'housing navigator' to find residences for homeless
People wait in line to register for the new homeless outreach center, a covered outdoor area dubbed The Courtyard, in Santa Ana on Oct. 5. (Photo by Mindy Schauer,Orange County Register/SCNG). By JESSICA KWONG / STAFF WRITER. Facebook; Twitter ...
- This is what the crime wave in Santa Ana has come to – a boy was shot in the leg today in broad daylight, at around noon, as the boy walked in the 500 block of South Pacific Avenue around noon, in Santa Ana’s Central City neighborhood, according to the O.C. Register.
The boy told the SAPD that he was confronted by the driver of a dark-colored vehicle who confronted him for unknown reasons as he was walking. The boy ran and tried to hide but he he heard a gunshot and h
Pedestrian suffers head injury when hit by SUV in Santa Ana - The ...
SANTA ANA – A pedestrian was struck by a small SUV near Warner Avenue and Shelton Street on Wednesday night and suffered a serious head injury,and more »
Pedestrian suffers head injury when hit by SUV in Santa Ana
SANTA ANA – A pedestrian was struck by a small SUV near Warner Avenue and Shelton Street on Wednesday night and suffered a serious head injury, authorities said. The collision occured around 8 p.m. as the pedestrian, a 55-year-old man, crossed ...and more »
- Blinking Owl OC orange-flavored vodka: flavored with a combination of maceration and vapor distillation of Orange County-grown Valencia oranges. $40. Blinking Owl aquavit: A base spirit of wheat and malted barley is flavored by macerating 10 organic botanicals.
- NEWS RELEASE
Healthy Teeth and Smiles at Wilson Elementary in Santa Ana with free Dental Care by Local Dental Providers
(October 19, 2016) – On Monday, October 24, 2016, beginning at 8:00 a.m., students at Wilson Elementary School, located at 1317 N. Baker Street in Santa Ana, will be the first school in Orange County to be part of a new model of dental care, Teledentistry, which will facilitate greater access to dental care for children. As part of the Smiles X-Press Program sponsored by
- Orange County Business Journal
National Honors for DT Santa Ana
Orange County Business Journal
The American Planning Association has named downtown Santa Ana as one of five “Great Neighborhoods” on its annual Great Places in America list. The formal national designation from the association will come on Oct. 20 at an event at the Frida Cinema.
Santa Ana whiskey maker part of nationwide craft distillery movement
Blinking Owl OC orange-flavored vodka: flavored with a combination of maceration and vapor distillation of Orange County-grown Valencia oranges. $40. Blinking Owl aquavit: A base spirit of wheat and malted barley is flavored by macerating 10 organic ...
- Mater Dei high's varsity football defensive players Roman Kafentzis, from left, Jackson McCleery, Quentin Lake, and Daniel Contreras stand together at Mater Dei high school in Santa Ana on Wednesday, October 12, 2016.
- The minor, who was not identified, told police that the driver of a dark-colored vehicle confronted him for unknown reasons as he walked in the 500 block of South Pacific Avenue around noon, said Sgt. S. Gatt.
- Hello Kitty Wine is now being served at Antonello's in Santa Ana. It's new to the U.S. but popular in Europe and Asia.
Santa Ana Winds Bring Southern California Heat, Fire Danger
Santa Ana winds gusted out of the mountains of Southern California on Wednesday, driving up temperatures and fanning several small brush fires that erupted in the drought-stricken region. Firefighters aided by a squadron of water-dropping aircraft got ...
Red flag warning remains in effect in Southern California amid Santa Ana winds, low humidityKABC-TV
Santa Ana winds bring extreme heat, fire weather to SoCalThe Weath
Rare Hello Kitty wine comes to Antonello's in Santa Ana
At Antonello's, Hello Kitty wines are being paired with a special menu for the next few weeks. (Photo by Jose Castaneda). BY PAUL HODGINS / STAFF WRITER. Facebook; Twitter; Email; Comments; PRINT · SEND PDF. Hello Kitty Wine? Call me prudish, but ...
- New Ceremony Room at the Old OC Courthouse
October 14, 2016
Contact: David Cabrera, Phone: (714) 834-2248, E-mail: David.Cabrera@rec.ocgov.com
CLERK-RECORDER TO UNVEIL NEW CEREMONY ROOM AT THE OLD COUNTY COURTHOUSE
New Civil Marriage Ceremony Room at the Old County Courthouse
(Santa Ana, CA) — Clerk-Recorder Hugh Nguyen will be unveiling a new marriage ceremony room inside the historic Old Orange County Courthouse. He will be hosting a ribbon-cutting ceremony on October 22n
- For Immediate Release: October 19, 2016Contact: HCA Communications, Media Line: (714) 834-2178, Email: HCAComm@ochca.com
Orange County Reports West Nile Virus Related Death
(Santa Ana, CA) – The first human death associated with West Nile virus (WNV) infection in Orange County has been confirmed by Orange County Health Care Agency officials. The La Habra resident in her 60s died with WNV infection complications.
“This unfortunate death shows how serious West Nile virus inf
- CBS2 / KCAL9 CBS2/KCAL9 is part of CBS Television Stations, a division of CBS Corp. and one of the largest network-owned station groups in the country. CBS Studio City Broadcast Center 4200 Radford Avenue Studio City, CA [...] SANTA ANA - A La Habra woman in her 60s is the first West Nile virus-related death in Orange County this year, health officials said Wednesday.
- A Huntington Beach man slit his throat in a courtroom Wednesday morning after a jury found him guilty of raping his girlfriend's daughter when she was 13. Jeffrey Scott Jones, 56, had just been convicted of two felony counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child and one felony count of continuous sexual abuse. As the verdict was announced at about 11 a.m. at Orange County Superior Court in Santa Ana, Jones produced a small razor blade and sliced his throat, according to Jones' attorney, Edward
- Steve McGuigan lost his battle with cancer on Sunday evening. McGuigan was the longtime Entertainment Director at the Santa Ana Zoo. McGuigan did a great job helping to plan all sorts of Zoo events that helped to raise money for the Zoo.
McGuigan was the son of former Santa Ana City Councilwoman Pat McGuigan. He loved to entertain and he was also a DJ. He also was involved with a company called IBIZA West Studios.
Former Santa Ana City Councilwoman Pat McGuigan, pictured in the middle
Heat wave with Santa Ana winds create critical fire weather
SAN DIEGO — Santa Ana winds, above-average temperatures and dry conditions are expected to combine Wednesday to increase the risk of wildfires across San Diego County. A National Weather Service red flag warning for the inland valleys and the ...
Santa Ana Conditions Create Red Flag Warning for SouthlandPatch.com
Santa Ana Winds, Hot Weather Up Wildfire Risk In San DiegoKPBS
- Orange County sheriff's deputies are among the thousands of mourners paying their respects Tuesday at the service at the Palm Springs Convention Center. Riverside County fire fighters show support as law enforcement from all over Southern California, including this OC Sheriff unit, attend the funeral for two officers killed in the line of duty in Palm Springs on Tuesday.
- Susan Price, the county's homeless "czar," presents her state of homeless report to the Orange County Board of Supervisors in Santa Ana on Tuesday. "With adequate financial resources and a sense of urgency, we'll be able to make a change," she said.
- FREE LEGAL FAIROn October 22, the Orange County Bar Association (OCBA) will be hosting a legal fair from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. at The Courtyard Transitional Center (also known as the bus transit terminal located across the street from the County Executive Office which is located at 333 W. Santa Ana Blvd., Santa Ana.
The OCBA wants to help you with your legal problems so you can get access to jobs and housing. They will be interviewing Civic Center residents to discuss their legal issues such as
- Supervisors Consider Additional Ways to Address Homelessness
During a special study session to consider options for addressing the needs of those in Orange County without permanent housing, the Board of Supervisors evaluated how the system of care operates and recommendations for improvement.
“An Assessment of Homeless Services in Orange County” was presented by Susan Price, the County’s new director of care coordination, a position created to better coordinate the County&rsqu
Hemet says farewell at procession; law enforcement, others arriving for Palm Springs police memorialHemet residents and a Cal Fire/Riverside County Fire Department engine line up in front of the Del Webb community at Warren Road and Mustang Way in Hemet on Tuesday for the procession of slain Palm Springs police Officer Lesley Zerebny. People line up along Stetson Avenue in Hemet early Tuesday waiting for funeral procession for slain Palm Springs police Officer Lesley Zerebny.
- Lincoln International , a leading global mid-market investment bank, is pleased to announce the sale of Mission Critical Electronics , a portfolio company of Evolve Capital , to Windjammer Capital Investors . Headquartered in Santa Ana, California, Mission Critical Electronics , is a niche-oriented manufacturer of power conversion, battery charging and battery products operating under the leading brands Kussmaul Electronics, Newmar Power, ASEA Power Systems, Power Products and American Battery C
- For Immediate Release: October 18, 2016
Contact: HCA Communications, Media Line: (714) 834-2178, Email: HCAComm@ochca.com
Orange County Reports Season’s First Influenza Case
Free Flu Vaccinations Every Thursday
(Santa Ana, CA) – The Orange County Health Care Agency has confirmed our county’s first confirmed case of influenza signaling that flu season is officially here. Influenza is a seasonal contagious respiratory illness which can be caused by influenza A or
- The Growlers have shared the video for "I'll Be Around," the current single from their new album City Club . Directed by Warren Fu, it's set in a hospital emergency room in the wee hours, when things get weird.
Santa Ana Winds, Hot Weather Up Wildfire Risk In San Diego | KPBS
Fair weather is expected across San Diego County Tuesday, but Santa Ana winds will combine with hot weather and dry conditions in the coming days to ...
Predicted Santa Ana winds, low humidity trigger Red Flag warning ...Press-Enterpriseall 4 news articles »
- Free dental, vision, and medical care will be provided at the upcoming RAM of California Clinic from October 29 – October 30, 2016 at Concorde Career College, located at 12951 Euclid Street, #101, in Garden Grove.
California is a big state with big health care needs, and RAM events in California consistently treat thousands of people. RAM has served the people at The Forum in Los Angeles, Coachella, Santa Ana Schools of Orange County, and in the state capitol
Clear Lines Have Been Drawn in Santa Ana's Ward 3 City Council Race
In 2012, the so-called “Santa Ana Spring” election shifted power from longtime Mayor Miguel Pulido to a team of council members who promised better representation and more transparency. Four years later, Santa Ana voters face a similar decision. Do ...
- Community: Ribbon Cutting Ceremony to Celebrate Newly Renovated Santa Ana Stadium/ Ceremonia de Reapertura del Estadio de Santa Ana
SANTA ANA, CA – The City of Santa Ana invites you to the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for the Santa Ana Stadium on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 at 3:30 p.m.
The purpose of the event is to celebrate the re-opening of the Stadium after extensive renovations of the structure’s concrete surfacing was completed. Along with the structural renovations, modern upgrades
- Picture by Igmar Rodas
An car got stuck on the median at N. Spurgeon St. and E. 3rd St. this afternoon in Downtown Santa Ana according to community activist Igmar Rodas. He said that he has heard of two other similar incidents including one that involved a motorcycle that hit the median and spun out of control, ultimately crashing into Diego’s.
This time the driver of the unfortunate vehicle just got stuck on top of the median. The owner told Rodas that he was blinded by the sun as he was
- Omid Akbari of Mission Viejo, left, is welcomed to the Toastmasters club by David Reifman of Aliso Viejo, as other Mission Viejo members applaud him in this file photo. "I want to improve my communication skills, overcome my fear of public speaking and make new friends," Akbari, a doctor and medical supplies salesman, said.
Follow @SantaAna_News_ on Twitter!