Open House for The Uniquely Abled Academy at Glendale Community College on November 1.Student Center
Please spread the word to those you know with high functioning autism that there will be an Open House at Glendale Community College (Student Center) at 5-7 p.m., Monday, November 1, for the...
- What's in the California Propositions? Analyzing ALL 17 Propositions of California. Thursday, Oct. 27, 12:30 p.m. SR 138. Event is sponsored by ASGCC.
Open To The Public!
Bring A Friend!
Panelists: John Queen, Roger Bowerman, Sandy Somo, Andra Verstraete
- You are invited to watch the epic documentary,The Last Days by Steven Spielberg and The Shoah Foundation.The documentary features our Holocaust speaker (Renee Firestone) along with other survivors and really sets the foundation of Renee’s personal narrative of courage, strength, and...
- Student Services, Faculty Development, and Title V are sponsoring a speaking engagement with Renee Firestone, a Holocaust Survivor to share her incredible story of survival from one of the most notorious concentration camps of World War II (Auschwitz-Birenau) with a main intent of the...
- Santa Maria Times , CA Oct 25 2016 Armenian churches honor Danish missionary in Solvang Mike Hodgson Garbis Der-Yeghiayan, president of Mashdots College in Glendale, and the Rev Joseph Matossian of Pasadena sing as they lead a procession of Southern California Armenians to Solvang's Bethania Lutheran Church garden to dedicate a bust of Danish missionary Maria Jacobsen, credited with saving thousands of Armenian orphans, in an Oct. 23 ceremony. Members of Armenian churches who traveled from South
- Coyotes goalie Justin Peters is scheduled to start against the Devils.
- Hailee Dawn Bogle, Maya Faith Swanigan, Emma Germaine Delong, Alexis Alexzandrea Miller were added to Arizona's missing children list in 2015.
- Police have made an arrest in the shooting which occurred on Oct. 12 near the intersection of 75th Avenue and Deer Valley Road.
- Only in Arizona: Paranormal activity attributed to 18 reported deaths at the site's infamous 'Hanging Tree'
- A cloudy Monday will be replaced by sunny skies for the rest of the workweek.
- Wide receiver Jaron Brown, an important depth player and a key contributor on special teams, became the sixth Cardinals player to land on injured reserve this season when it was learned on Monday he suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his l
- Kent Somers and Bob McManaman discuss the 'slugfest' that resulted in a 6-6 tie between the Cardinals and Seahawks as well as the latest injuries. Video: Rob Schumacher/azcentral sports
- Supporting Public Safety in PeoriaBy: Hunter Clare, Peoria Firefighters Association
- In a place that regards "old" as homes that were built in the '90s, it's fortifying to see that some homes and businesses of the earliest settlers still stand.
- Like any fan or employee of the Cardinals, general manager Steve Keim woke Monday morning not sure what to make of the team’s 6-6 tie with Seattle Sunday night.
- With a third straight loss by Phoenix Brophy Prep, Mesa Desert Ridge getting upset by Phoenix Desert Vista, and Chandler makinsoaring to bigger heights, there is a shakeup in the azcentral sports Super 10 entering the final week of the regular season
- The unstoppable Dog Haus , which just inked a massive nationwide franchise deal, turns a youthful five years old this coming Friday, and to celebrate they're doing a slew of $5 deals. All day on Friday you'll be able to get Haus dogs, sausages, and burgers for $5, plus $5 beers and $5 well drinks.
- What we learned in Sunday's 6-6 tie between the Cardinals and Seahawks.
- During a 40-year span, the City of Angels glowed in the dark like no other. "Spectacular Illumination: Neon Los Angeles 1925-1965,'' by Tom Zimmerman and Eric Lynkwiler celebrates the town and the art.
- After two and a half years of work, the $20 million Los Angeles State Historic Park is nearly ready to open. That's clear to anyone who drives by and sees the green grass sprouting where once beige dirt proliferated.
- Mark Burdick lost the Glendale race for mayor, but here's what he says he won
- Boycott Ivanka! Women turn on Trump's DAUGHTER as his campaign falters under sexism charge with hundreds vowing to avoid her fashion collection AND the stores that stock it Pregnant Katherine Heigl showcases her blossoming baby bump as she steps out for family day with husband Josh Kelley and their two adopted daughters The 37-year-old star was joined by her husband Josh Kelley, their two adopted children - Nancy, seven, and Adalaide, four, and her mother Nancy, in Glendale, California. She cove
- The Arizona Cardinals (3-3) host the Seattle Seahawks (4-1) on Sunday Night Football at University of Phoenix Stadium.
- An accident involving up to 20 vehicles forced the closure of southbound Interstate 17 north of Black Canyon City on Sunday afternoon, the Arizona Department of Public Safety said.
- The former Arizona governor appeared on CNN a day after Trump said"all the women lied" about allegations of sexual misconduct.
- Two and a half years after the VA scandal, the reporter who broke the story crisscrosses the country on a quest to figure out if care for America's veterans has gotten better.
- A Nevada highway patrolman shot a Glendale man following a carjacking and a police pursuit, according to officials. The man died Thursday.
- October 21, 2016 Western Prelacy of the Armenian Apostolic Church of America H.E. Archbishop Moushegh Mardirossian, Prelate 6252 Honolulu Avenue La Crescenta, CA 91214 Tel: 248-7737 Fax: 248-7745 E-mail: email@example.com Website: www.westernprelacy.org PRELATE TO PRESIDE OVER DIVINE LITURGY AT ST. SARKIS CHURCH IN PASADENA - SUPPORT FOR THE ARMENIAN AMERICAN MUSEUM On Sunday, October 16, 2016, H.E. Archbishop Moushegh Mardirossian, Prelate, will preside over Divine Liturgy and deliver the
- Oasis Elementary School was placed on lockdown Friday after a teacher noticed a suspicious person hopping fences in the area near the campus, according to a police spokeswoman.
- An emu disrupted traffic on I-10 about 100 miles west of Phoenix on Friday morning before it was wrangled by troopers.
- Halloween is a popular holiday, with costumes, trick-or-treating and parties, but it can also be a time to be mindful of safety precautions to make sure everyone has a fun time and stays safe.
- Peoria’s Proposition 400 is a whopping 22 percent increase to its current city sales tax that will last forever. It will cost residents thousands of dollars over the years. It takes away a big chunk of money from our family living expenses.
- A garbage truck caught fire in Peoria on Thursday morning, shutting down Cactus Road traffic for a couple of hours.
- The Arizona Department of Transportation said drivers should allow for extra travel time and use alternate routes to prepare for weekend freeway restrictions.
- A Los Angeles assemblyman who was previously running unopposed is now facing a stiff challenge from a write-in candidate who appears to be gathering steam. The Los Angeles Daily News announced its endorsement yesterday of Angela Rupert , an immigration attorney and first-time candidate, over incumbent Adrin Nazarian .
- The poll was conducted Oct. 10-15 as news broke that federal prosecutors would file criminal contempt charges against Arpaio in a racial-profiling case.
- Years ago, Brad Bartlett was flipping through used books inside an old Glendale shop when he found an image that looked familiar. In fact, it looked like the cover of Joy Division's 1979 debut full-length, Unknown Pleasures .
- Easterly breezes are expected to gust up to 15 to 20 mph in the Phoenix area Thursday and Friday, but sunny skies and highs in the mid- to upper 90s are expected to continue through at least Satru James Sawtelle, National Weather Service meteorologis
- Phoenix-based startup Modern Container Concepts creates container homes to be used as temporary housing after natural disasters.
- When we visit ceramic artist Phill Kihi Kim's PKK Ceramics Echo Park studio, he explains how his obsession with coffee led him to ceramics, then coffee and back to ceramics. The culmination of Kim's passions manifested when he combined the two, most recently when he made a full set of cups, plates and bowls, for Kyle Glanville and Charles Babinski's coffee bar Go Get Em Tiger .
- The film celebrates the Army Air Corps' Jewish veterans
- Peoria's Prop. 400 and a Peoria school district bond request would largely support continued growth. Do we want that?
- The giant runaway pumpkin that seized the nation's attention last October will return to Peoria's Halloween festival Oct. 29.
- Order by Texas federal judge says 'nationwide injunction is necessary because the alleged violation extends nationwide'
- The NFL released the schedule for the upcoming season on Thursday evening, and the Cardinals are playing in one of the marquee games on the first weekend.
- Firefighters, paramedics and a YMCA lifeguard sprang into action when a man playing basketball collapsed on the court in April GLENDALE, Calif. - When a man playing basketball collapsed on the court at the Glendale YMCA one day in April, Siyona Gharibian sprang into action.
- Arizona’s economy is growing, attracting national businesses and diverse industries, professionals and civic-minded leaders to continue making our State even more prosperous into the future.
- State insurance regulators approve rate hikes from the only two carriers available to the ACA marketplace in Arizona.
- If you're looking for fun things to do with your kids this week and weekend, kids.azcentral.com has you covered.
Follow @GlendaleCA_News on Twitter!