FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – A person was taken to the hospital after their car flipped over in a two-vehicle crash at the intersection of Stellhorn and Reed roads Friday evening. The person was initially pinned inside their vehicle.
A person was taken to the hospital after their vehicle flipped over in a two-vehicle crash at the intersection of Stellhorn and Reed roads on Friday January 20.According to a NewsChannel 15 photographer on the scene, the crash between the passenger car and a van
- FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – An Ohio man was arrested in Fort Wayne for accepting a delivery of around 17 kilograms of cocaine.
Mugshot of 37-year-old Uryan Frymire (courtesy of the Allen County Sherrif’s Department).The United States Attorney for the Northern District of Indiana, David Capp announced Friday evening that Uryan Frymire, 37, of Ohio was charged with possession with intent to distribute more than five kilograms of cocaine.
According to court documents, there was a traffic
- NEW YORK (AP) — In a scene U.S. authorities had dreamed of for decades, Mexican drug lord and escape artist Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman was hauled into an American courtroom Friday and then taken away to an ultra-secure jail that has held some of the world’s most dangerous terrorists and mobsters.
FILE – In this Jan. 8, 2016 file photo released by Mexico’s federal government, Mexico’s drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman stands for his prison mu
- FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – From Concordia Lutheran High School to Concordia University, J.T. Clark is taking his tennis career to the next level.
Clark signed with Concordia University on Friday.
He’s been a four year member of the CLHS tennis team. This past season he was Concordia’s number one singles player and a first team All-SAC selection.
- WASHINGTON (AP) — Protesters registered their rage against the new president Friday in a chaotic confrontation with police who used pepper spray and stun grenades in a melee just blocks from Donald Trump’s inaugural parade route. Scores were arrested for trashing property and attacking officers.
Several spirited demonstrations unfolded peacefully at various security checkpoints near the Capitol as police helped ticket-holders get through to the inaugural ceremony. Signs read, &ldquo
- FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) A group of young men got to experience what it’s like to be a police officer firsthand during a training exercise with the Fort Wayne Police Department.
The group of more than 20 men are with Fort Wayne UNITED, a city-lead initiative aimed at empowering young black men. South Side High School student Dennis Johnson Jr. went through a traffic stop scenario.
“My heart was racing,” Johnson Jr. said. “People said I was stuttering. I didn’t even k
- FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – People who struggled with addiction shared their personal stories and thoughts about what recovery should look like at a presentation event Friday afternoon.
“The New Definition of Recovery” was held at the Community Foundation on Friday, January 20.“The New Definition of Recovery” event was hosted by the Fort Wayne-Allen County Department of Health and held at the Community Foundation in downtown Fort Wayne.
For more information about the
- BOYS HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALLBOYS: NORTH SIDE 00 HOMESTEAD 00BOYS: SNIDER 00 CONCORDIA 00BOYS: LUERS 00 DWENGER 00BOYS: WAYNE 00 NORTHROP 00BOYS: SOUTH SIDE 00 CARROLL 00BOYS: LAKEWOOD PARK 00 BLACKHAWK 00BOYS: ADAMS CENTRAL 00 BLUFFTON 00BOYS: JAY COUNTY 00 SOUTH ADAMS 00BOYS: WEST NOBLE 00 FREMONT 00BOYS: ANGOLA 00 CHURUBUSCO 00BOYS: FAIRFIELD 00 WESTVIEW 00BOYS: EASTSIDE 00 CENTRAL NOBLE 00BOYS: LAKELAND 00 HAMILTON 00BOYS: ROCHESTER 00 MANCHESTER 00BOYS: CANTERBURY 00 BOWMAN ACADEMY 00BOYS: CO
- Fort Wayne, Ind. (WANE) – The next IPFW Omnibus Lecture will feature National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) President and CEO Mark Emmert on February 7. He will talk about “College Sports as a Pathway to Opportunity.” This lecture will begin at 7:00 p.m., a little earlier than the usual time. It will be held in the IPFW Rhinehart Music Center. Doors will open at 6:00 p.m.
Free tickets will be available starting on January 23. Tickets
- HUNTINGTON, Ind. (WANE) – Changes will be made at the Quayle Vice Presidential Learning Center in Huntington. It puts on a program called “Indiana’s Five”, but now it’s “Indiana’s Six.”
Before any changes are made, a group of students came in to the Center to hear its first program on Inauguration Days.
Since the learning center opened in 1993 it’s seen six, now seven, Inauguration Days. But Friday was the first time the Center put together a
- RICHMOND, Ind. (WANE) – Indiana Excise Police arrested a Richmond man on four felony charges after allegedly selling fake coins to two other men.
Dennis Heavilon, 65, was arrested on charges of corrupt business influence, counterfeiting, forgery, and theft in the area of 6th and South A streets in Richmond, according to a press release from Indiana Excise Police.
Heavilon allegedly sold fake one ounce .999 silver Native American/Buffalo head coins to two other men who buy and sell silver r
- FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – Fort Wayne police working the homicide case of 30-year-old Stephania Bartlett are seeking the public’s assistance to locate the driver of a vehicle who gave Bartlett a ride from the area of the 2400 block of E. State Boulevard near Carew Street at approximately 9:50 a.m. on the morning of Wednesday, January 11.
Stephania Bartlett pictured with her husband Jeff on their wedding day in March 2011.Bartlett was found nearly 12 hours later having been shot to dea
- Keith Parker holding his $50,000 check from the Hoosier Lottery.INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (WANE) – A retired Evansville man won $50,000 from one of the few Powerball tickets he bought for a January 7 drawing, the Hoosier Lottery announced Friday.
The day after the drawing, Keith Parker checked his numbers and asked his wife Carolyn to double check.
“I said, ‘Leave me alone, I’m watching TV,'” Carolyn said, laughing, according to the press release.
When Keith told her
- BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (WANE) – IU sophomore O.G. Anunoby will miss the rest of the season as he undergoes surgery to repair his right knee.
Tom Crean released this statement on Friday afternoon:
It has been determined that O.G. Anunoby will undergo surgery on his right knee and will miss the remained of the season. He is expected to make a complete recovery. For a young man, O.G. has a very strong faith and a courageous spirit. We are going to do everything as a basketball family to help
- DEARBORN, Mich. (AP) — Ford says that a change in the way it values pension obligations will cut its 2016 net income by $2 billion.According to a regulatory filing, in 2015, Ford changed the way it measures pension gains and losses so they’re counted in the year they occur.
Ford will record a pretax pension charge of about $3 billion for the year. It says the loss is a special item so it won’t affect adjusted pretax profit. Ford still expects to meet guidance of about $10.2 bil
- FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – Citizens Square and Allen County SPCA brought cat-petting back to City Hall to showcase adoptable cats.
On behalf of Citizens Square and the Allen County ASPCA, you can now add cat-petting to your lunch plans on the third Friday of every month.On Friday afternoon, the Allen County SPCA showcased adoptable kittens at the downtown location as a new way to introduce the community to available felines.
The event brings adoptable felines, mostly kittens, to Citize
LOS ANGELES (AP) — This weekend’s premiere of “A Dog’s Purpose” has been canceled following the release of a video that appears to show a frightened dog being forced into churning water during production of the film.TMZ published video Wednesday that shows a man struggling to put a dog into a pool of rushing water while the dog fights to stay out.
Producer Amblin Entertainment and distributor Universal Pictures haven’t disputed the authenticity of the f
- CLEVELAND (AP) — The recovered remains of three of the six people killed when a plane crashed into Lake Erie off Cleveland last month have been identified, the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner said Friday.Identifications were made for the plane’s pilot, 45-year-old John Fleming, of Dublin, Ohio, his 15-year-old son, Jack, and a family friend, 50-year-old Brian Casey, of Powell, Ohio.
The other three people on the plane were Fleming’s 46-year-old wife, Sue, their 14-year-old son
- HOUSTON (AP) — Former President George H.W. Bush and his wife, Barbara, remained hospitalized in Houston on Friday, a family spokesman said.The 92-year-old former president is being treated for breathing difficulties stemming from pneumonia. He was admitted to Houston Methodist Hospital last weekend for shortness of breath but was later moved to intensive care when physicians put in a breathing tube.
He remained in intensive care on Friday, family spokesman Jim McGrath said. No other updat
- Incoming first lady Melania Trump wore a sky-blue cashmere jacket and mock turtleneck dress by Ralph Lauren, the brand that designed so many Hillary Clinton pantsuits, on Inauguration Day.
“It was important to us to uphold and celebrate the tradition of creating iconic American style for this moment,” the Lauren corporation said in a statement.
With her hair in a soft updo and wearing long, sky-blue suede gloves and matching stilettos, Mrs. Trump was greeted at the White House by Pre
- Enter the Go Red For Women Luncheon Ticket Giveaway and you could be the winner of a pair of tickets.
- AUBURN, Ind. (WANE) – The Auburn Police Department surrounded a home Friday morning where a known fugitive was inside. Police successfully escorted the man in handcuffs from the home five hours after they arrived.
Officers were dispatched at 9 a.m. to the home in 1100 block of W. Auburn Drive. on report of the barricaded man.Officers were dispatched at 9 a.m. to the home in the 1100 block of W. Auburn Drive. Auburn Police Chief Martin McCoy told NewsChannel 15 that authorities have been lo
- AUBURN, Ind. (WANE) – The Auburn Police Department surrounded a home Friday morning where a known fugitive was inside. Police successfully escorted the man in handcuffs from the home five hours after they arrived.
Thomas Crago Jr. was taken out of the home in the 1100 block of W. Auburn Drive without incident five hours after officers arrived.Officers were dispatched at 9 a.m. to the home in the 1100 block of W. Auburn Drive. Auburn Police Chief Martin McCoy told NewsChannel 15 that author
- WASHINGTON (AP) — Police deployed pepper spray in a chaotic confrontation blocks from Donald Trump’s inauguration Friday as protesters registered their rage against the new president.
Spirited demonstrations unfolded peacefully at various security checkpoints near the Capitol as police helped ticket-holders get through to the inaugural ceremony. Signs read, “Resist Trump Climate Justice Now,” ”Let Freedom Ring,” ”Free Palestine.”
But at one point,
- WASHINGTON (MEDIA GENERAL) – President Donald J. Trump’s highly orchestrated inauguration took place at the U.S. Capitol well away from the widespread protests throughout the District of Columbia.
The main show of opposition will take place Saturday at the Women’s March on Washington, which has attracted hundreds of organizations and tens of thousands of protesters.
Organizers hope to keep the demonstrations peaceful, but protests ahead of Friday morning’s inauguration sh
- WEST LIBERTY, Ohio (AP) — A school shooting that left one student hospitalized and others scrambling out classroom windows could have been far worse if not for the heroics of staff members who stopped the shooter and had him pinned down when police arrived, authorities said.The shooter, a 17-year-old senior, used a shotgun and intended to harm more than the student who was hit, Champaign County Sheriff Matthew Melvin said.
The shooter was in custody facing a preliminary charge of felonious
- WEST LIBERTY, Ohio (AP) — Authorities responding to a shooting at an Ohio school say one student was hurt and one person is in custody.
The shooting was reported Friday morning at the complex for both high school and elementary students in the West Liberty-Salem Local School District, roughly 45 miles northwest of Columbus.
Local media report the Champaign County sheriff’s office confirmed the wounded person is a student but didn’t immediately release other details. Local media
- NEW YORK (AP) — Miguel Ferrer, who brought stern authority to his featured role on CBS’ hit “NCIS: Los Angeles” and, before that, to NBC crime drama “Crossing Jordan,” has died.
CBS said Ferrer died Thursday of cancer at his Los Angeles home. He was 61.
FILE – This Sept. 11, 2015 file photo shows actor Miguel Ferrer at the at 2015 PaleyFest Fall TV Previews at The Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills, Calif. (Photo by Paul A. Hebert/Invision/AP, File)
- WASHINGTON (AP) — Incoming Vice President Mike Pence has thanked his Indiana supporters at the state’s inaugural ball, promising he will “bring Indiana’s example and Hoosier common sense” to Washington.
The former Indiana governor addressed his home state’s inaugural ball on the eve of his swearing-in Friday as vice president. Pence says he and his family are grateful for his four years as governor, calling the inauguration a “bittersweet moment for us.&
- ELKHART, Ind. (AP) — Northern Indiana police say an officer subdued a 15-year-old girl with a stun gun after she struggled while being arrested for fighting with a classmate.
Elkhart Police Department spokesman Sgt. Chris Snyder says two girls, ages 15 and 14, fought Wednesday morning on a school bus.
Off-duty officers who provide school security tried unsuccessfully to calm down the two teens when the bus arrived at Elkhart Central High School.
Snyder tells The Elkhart Truth that an offic
- The streaming video above is a clean feed of inauguration events provided by CNN
For CBS live coverage of inauguration events, click here.
The Latest: Obamas welcome Trumps to the White HouseWASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on Donald Trump’s inauguration as the 45th president of the United States (all times EST):
President Barack Obama and the first lady Michelle Obama are welcoming President-elect Donald Trump and his wife, Melania (meh-LAH’-nee-ah), to the White House.
- WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump was sworn in as the 45th president of the United States Friday, taking the helm of a deeply divided nation and putting Republicans in control of the White House for the first time in eight years.
The billionaire businessman and former reality television star has pledged an era of profound change, energizing his supporters with promises to wipe away predecessor Barack Obama’s signature achievements and to restore America to a lost position of strength. B
- FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) Just before 8 a.m. an armed robbery was reported at the Fifth Third Bank branch located at 6026 Lima Road in Fort Wayne which is adjacent to the Ludwig Park subdivision.
Fort Wayne police are on the scene with a K-9 to track the robbers. There are no reports of injuries and the FBI has shown up to help with the investigation.
Initial reports indicate two men wearing ski masks went into the bank at around 7:55 a.m.and demanded cash before fleeing the bank. &nbs
- FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) Two armed men reportedly held up the Fifth Third Bank on Lima Road early Friday before it opened after forcing their way inside as an employee reported to work.
Police were called around 8 a.m. Friday to the branch at 6026 Lima Road, adjacent to the Ludwig Park subdivision. According to a release from Fort Wayne Police spokesman Michael Joyner, two men ambushed an employee as she approached the doors of the bank and forced their way inside.
Joyner said the men were both a
FARINDOLA, Italy (AP) — Hopes have been raised a bit with the discovery of five people alive in the rubble of an Italian hotel Friday, two days after an avalanche tore through the mountain resort and trapped an estimated 30 people inside.
An AP photographer and a producer say three helicopters landed at the scene, including an air ambulance.
The ANSA news agency said the number of possible new survivors was six. At least two people were killed in the avalanche.
Copyright 2017 The As
- FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) A pickup truck and a school bus were involved in a crash early Friday at a downtown Fort Wayne intersection.
Police were called around 6:45 a.m. at East Washington Boulevard and Clay Street on a report of a crash. Dispatchers told NewsChannel 15 that a school bus and a pickup truck collided there.
There were students on the bus at the time of the crash but dispatchers said none were injured. The driver of the bus and the truck were both hurt, according to dispatchers
- (Fort Wayne, IN) – A pick up truck and a school bus were involved in an accident about 6:45 this morning at E. Washington and Clay. Dispatch confirmed there were students on the bus at the time but none were injured. The driver of the bus and the truck were both hurt and are being treated for non life threatening injuries. Washington was shut down to traffic and it is causing back ups in the area.
NewsChannel 15 will continue to follow this and bring you any developing details.
- Timeline of Friday’s events as Donald Trump is inaugurated president of the United States (all times EST): You can watch live coverage on CBSN here.
BEFORE THE CEREMONY
— 8:30 a.m.: Donald and Melania Trump attend service at St. John’s Church
— 9:40 a.m.: President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama welcome the Trumps to the White House
— 9:45 a.m.: Obamas host a coffee and tea reception for the Trumps.
— 10:30 a.m.: Trumps, Obamas leave White House fo
- Donald Trump’s Inauguration People hold signs of "No!" as they listen to speakers at an anti-Trump rally and protest hosted by filmmaker Michael Moore in front of the Trump International Hotel, Thursday, Jan. 19, 2017, in New York. President-elect Donald Trump, a New Yorker, is scheduled to take the oath of office Friday at his inauguration in Washington. (AP Photo/Kathy Willens) Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway speaks with reporters at the Indiana Inaugural Ball for Vice president-elect Mik
- CHICAGO (AP) — Imprisoned former House speaker Dennis Hastert wants one of his sexual abuse victims to return the $1.7 million in hush money the Illinois Republican paid him over several years, according to a court filing this week in an ongoing civil case.
The document is a counter claim to the victim’s breach-of-contract lawsuit that he filed last year, arguing that Hastert owed him $1.8 million – what he said was the unpaid balance of an unwritten $3.5 million hush-money dea
- AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A Texas lawmaker has sent a survey to mosques around the state asking leaders there about Sharia Law and to pledge support for the “safety” of former Muslims who have chosen to leave the faith, implying that they could face unspecified persecution for doing so.
The correspondence, marked “URGENT, REPLY ASAP” was mailed by Republican Rep. Kyle Biedermann of Fredericksburg, 80 miles west of Austin. Mustafaa Carroll, a spokesman for the Council on
- PITTSBURGH (AP) — A federal judge will decide if “Dance Moms” reality TV star Abby Lee Miller should be sentenced to prison or probation for concealing hundreds of thousands of dollars’ worth of income during her Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
Federal prosecutors say Miller meant to hide $775,000 in income and are asking for a prison sentence of up to 30 months.
Miller’s attorneys say she got caught up in her fame and fortune, but always planned to repay her debts. They wan
- BEIRUT (AP) — Syria’s state run news agency says the Islamic State group has destroyed parts of the Roman amphitheater in Syria’s historic town of Palmyra.
SANA says the militants destroyed “the facade” of the second-century amphitheater along with the tetrapylon, a cubic shaped ancient Roman monument. The agency did not give further details or say when the monuments were blown up.
Syrian opposition monitors confirmed that IS destroyed parts of the amphitheater and
- SYDNEY (AP) – A man deliberately drove into a street crowded with pedestrians in Australia’s second-largest city on Friday, killing at least three people and injuring 20 others, police said. Officials said the incident had no links to terrorism.
The chaos began in the early afternoon, after a man was seen driving in erratic circles in the middle of a major intersection in downtown Melbourne. The driver then turned onto the Bourke Street Mall, a pedestrian-only road, deliberately coll
- FARGO, S.D. (WANE) – Mo Evans 28 points were not enough as the Mastodons fell to the North Dakota State Bison 89-83 in Fargo, South Dakota.
Bryson Scott (18) and Kason Harrell (16) also reached double digits but it was not enough to match NDSU’s Paul Miller who scored a career-high 33 points.
This loss extends Fort Wayne’s Fargo-losing streak to seven games. The Dons haven’t beaten NDSU at their house since 2011.
The Dons wrap up their road trip Saturday taking on S
- FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE)- Thousands of Hoosiers are heading to the nation’s capital for the Women’s March on Washington. The inaugural demonstration happens Saturday, the day after President Elect Donald Trump and Vice-President Elect Mike Pence are sworn in.Some 200,000 people from across the country are expected to be in D.C. for the march and several thousand of them will be Hoosiers.Nan Nesbit, of Fort Wayne, plans to take part in it. She and others are concerned about what change
- FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – Carroll’s Kelli Damman and Snider’s Malik Williams are sporting some new T-Shirts thanks to Marathon/Phil’s One Stop after being named Fill It Up All-Stars last Friday on the Highlight Zone.
Damman scored 28 points including the game-winner for Carroll in a 62-59 win over Bishop Luers.
Williams scored 27 points and pulled down 17 rebounds in Snider’s come-from-behind, overtime win over Homestead that put the Panthers in the top spot in the
- BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (WANE) – Though the extent of O.G. Anunoby’s knee injury is still unknown it will be enough to keep the sophomore forward out for the time being.
IU head coach Tom Crean released a statement on Thursday evening saying the Anunoby will be out indefinitely,
“OG sustained a knee injury in this past Wednesday night’s game against Penn State and is in the midst of ongoing medical evaluations. He will be out indefinitely. On behalf of OG and our entire pr
- WASHINGTON (AP) — With fireworks heralding his big moment, Donald Trump swept into Washington Thursday on the eve of his presidential inauguration and pledged to unify a nation sorely divided and clamoring for change. The capital braced for an onslaught of crowds and demonstrators — with all the attendant hoopla and hand-wringing.
President-elect Donald Trump and his wife Melania Trump attend a pre-Inaugural “Make America Great Again! Welcome Celebration” at the Lincoln M
- MEXICO CITY (AP) — Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman, Mexico’s most notorious cartel kingpin who twice made brazen prison escapes and spent years on the run as the country’s most wanted man, was extradited to the U.S. Thursday to face drug trafficking and other charges.
FILE – In this Jan. 8, 2016 file photo released by Mexico’s federal government, Mexico’s drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman stands for his prison mug shot with the inmate
Follow @Fort_Wayne_News on Twitter!