- Visitor spending generated estimated $1.4 billion
- Annual Three-Day Vintage Car Celebration to be held in the Arlington Entertainment District
- The Arlington County Police Department’s Burglary/Larceny Unit is asking for the public’s assistance in identifying and locating a suspect involved in a burglary incident over the weekend at an Exxon Gas Station.
El Grupo de Trabajo Thomas Jefferson Grupo concluye la Evaluación del Sitio y da a Conocer sus RecomendacionesEl Grupo de Trabajo Thomas Jefferson emitió recomendaciones sobre su evaluación del sitio en un informe que será presentado a la Junta del Condado en su reunión del sábado 24 de enero. Si desea participar y necesita interpretación al Español comuníquese al 703-228-3130 antes de la reunión.
- An Arlington couple survived an early morning house fire, thanks to working smoke alarms and a pre-prepared fire escape plan. ACFD urges everyone to take simple steps to ensure survival.
EMBEZZLEMENT, 150120012, 4100 block of N. Wilson Boulevard
DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY, 150120027, 2500 block of N. Key Boulevard
PETIT LARCENY, 150120039, 700 block of N. Glebe Road
ASSAULT & BATTERY, 150120048, 1000 block of S. Frederick...
MALICIOUS WOUNDING, 150117032, 1400 block of N. Taft Street. At approximately 5 pm on January 3, a subject struck his girlfriend in the head with a cup causing a large laceration to her forehead. She received medical treatment at Virginia...
GRAND LARCENY, 150115006, 2600 block of S. Shirlington Road
ASSAULT & BATTERY, 150115015, 1400 block of N. Courthouse Road
LARCENY, 150115016, 1200 block of S. Fern Street
LARCENY, 150115024, 1200 block of S. Hayes Street
- Los residentes del Condado de Arlington ahora pueden pagar su membresía y los costos de...
Items of interest that the Arlington County Board will consider at its January Board Meeting are summarized below. View the full Agenda and staff reports for the Jan. 24 Regular Meeting and the full Agenda and staff reports for the Jan. 27 Recessed Meeting.
- The Thomas Jefferson Working Group today issued their site evaluation recommendations in a report that will be presented to the County Board at its Saturday January 24 meeting.
- Arlington County real estate assessments for 2015 show an overall increase in property values of 3.4 percent over 2014. Growth in values in the residential sector was offset by flat commercial assessments.
BURGLARY, 150114007, 1100 block of S. Hayes Street. At 11:06 pm on January 13, surveillance video captured a masked subject enter the Chipotle and empty the contents of a safe. The subject fled the scene with an undisclosed amount of money. The...
- Arlington County Government offices are closed on January 19, 2015 for Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday.
- Arlington County is now accepting cash payment from Arlington residents for an annual Capital Bikeshare membership and user fees.
MALICIOUS WOUNDING, 150112042, 800 block of N. Quincy Street. At 11:21 pm on Janaury 12, a suspect smashed a glass across the face of a victim at a bar following a disagreement. The victim sustained a large laceration on his face and was...
BURGLARY, 150112004, 1400 block of S. 28th Street. Between 3:30 pm on January 11 and 2 am on January 12, an unknown subject(s) entered a residence and stole electronics and a gaming console. There is no suspect(s) description.
- ARLINGTON, Va. – A 31 year-old former Virginia Hospital Center employee was sentenced on Friday, January 9, 2015 in the Arlington County Circuit Court to 30 years in prison, with all but 12 years suspended, for the January 2014 rape of a female...
- The Unitarian Universalist Church of Arlington has been named to the National Register of Historic Places, the official list of historic places that are important to our local, state, and/or national history.
- The Arlington County Sheriff’s Office will no longer hold people in custody at the County Detention Facility based solely on a request to detain by the federal Department of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) unless ICE presents the Sheriff with a judicially issued warrant authorizing such detention, Sheriff Beth Arthur said today.
- STOLEN VEHICLES
01/08/15, VA WUG-6110, 2008 Volvo XC90, Silver
1500 block of S. 28th Street
GRAND LARCENY WITH INTENT TO SELL, 150107031, 6500 block of N. 16th Street
CREDIT CARD FRAUD, 150108013, 4100 block of N. Vacation Lane
- Arlington County Manager Barbara Donnellan has appointed Steven Cover, AICP, to head the County’s Department of Community Planning, Housing and Development (CPHD). Cover will begin his duties on March 2 2015.
BURGLARY, 150107026, 2600 block of N. 2nd Road. Between 10:30 am and 5:30 pm on January 7, an unknown subject(s) entered a residence and stole numerous items including electronics and jewelry. There is no suspect(s) description.
ATTEMPTED BREAKING & ENTERING, 150106025, 2700 block of N. Clarendon Boulevard. Between 4 pm on January 5 and noon on January 6, an unknown subject(s) attempted to pry open a door to the Apple Store storage room but were unsuccessful. There is...
- A shifting weather pattern that hit the region this morning with heavier-than-predicted snowfall and frigid temperatures made for a nightmarish rush hour commute and hampered County efforts to clear roads during the season's first winter storm.
ROBBERY, 150102041, 400 block of S. 23rd Street. At 7:14 pm on January 2, a group of five juveniles entered a 7-11 and stole slurpees. When the cashier confronted the subjects, one of them brandished a knife and made threatening remarks. The...
- Arlington County Board Chair Mary Hughes Hynes today announced a broad-based long-range planning effort aimed at developing a framework for assessing the County’s public facilities and establishing criteria for locating new facilities and financing their construction.
- REPORTS LARCENY FROM AUTO (series), 141230004/007/008, 3500 block of N 3 St. On 12/30/14 at 0105 hours, two suspects were observed entering vehicles and taking items. Two subjects were arrested and interviewed by Detectives. GRAND LARCENY BY FALSE ...
ROBBERY, 141229005, 1800 block of N Wilson BL, On 12/29/14 at 0330 hours, an unknown suspect displayed a handgun while demanding cigarettes and cash. Suspect description is black male, wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt and jeans.
BREAKING AND ENTERING, 141227044, 2000 block of N Randolph St, Between 12/26 at 1200 hours and 12/27/14 at 1738 hours, unknown subject broke into the school section of the church. No items reported stolen and no suspect...
- Invitamos al público a acompañar a la Junta del Condado de Arlington en su tradicional reunión organizativa de Año Nuevo a las 11 a.m. el jueves, 1 de enero de 2015 en el Salón de la Junta del Condado. El gobierno del Condado de Arlington tiene la...
- The public is invited to join Arlington County’s hardworking County Board at its traditional New Year’s Day Organizational Meeting at 11 a.m. Thursday, January 1 2015 in the County Board Room.
BATTERY OF LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER (2 COUNTS) / DRUNK IN PUBLIC, 141223047, 1800 block of N. Nash St, On 12/23/14 at 1752 hours, officers responded for a cabfare dispute. The suspect was located and she was intoxicated in public. After the...
UNLAWFUL ENTRY, 141222010, 3100 block of N Glebe Rd, On 12/22/14 at 0815 hours, three subjects were found trespassing in a home currently under construction. The homeowner, who is residing in the basement until construction is complete,...
LARCENY (SERIES), 141219011-017/021-023, 1300 Blk N Oak St/1300 Blk N Ode St, Sometime between the hours of 0000 and 0530, unknown subject(s) entered the apartment buildings and removed items from packages delivered to residents. The opened...
- The Arlington County Police Department’s Burglary/Larceny Unit has charged a suspect with multiple theft offenses, following his arrest in the Ballston-area. The suspect is responsible for the theft of numerous delivered packages stolen from the front doorsteps of residences.
- The Arlington County Police Department has taken into custody and charged Lamont Jackson, 49, of Arlington, VA and Anthony Robinson, 29, of Arlington, VA with armed robbery following an incident which occurred in the Buckingham neighborhood of Arlington during the early morning hours of December 21, 2014. Both suspects were denied bond and are currently being held in the Arlington County Detention Facility.
BREAKING AND ENTERING, 141218001, 1500 block of N Rhodes St, On 12/17/14 between 0835 and 1700 hours, unknown subject(s) forced entry through the back door and stole several electronic items. There is no suspect information at this...
- REPORTS SEXUAL ASSAULT, 141217058, 900 block of N Stuart St, A female victim told police that between 2030 hours and 2115 hours on 12/17/14, she went to a restaurant with a known male subject. She dropped him off at his residence and requested to use ...
- Arlington County Manager Barbara Donnellan has appointed Victor L. Hoskins as Director of Arlington Economic Development (AED); he takes his position January 20, 2015. Before joining Arlington County government, Mr. Hoskins served as Deputy Chief Administrative Officer for Economic Development and Public Infrastructure of Prince George's County.
- Arlington County Manager Barbara Donnellan has appointed Carol J. Mitten as Deputy County Manager; she takes her position January 5, 2015.
- REPORTS BURGLARY, 141216025, 1300 block of N Quintana St., Sometime between 0800 hours and 1220 hours on 12/16/14, unknown subject(s) broke into a home by back window and stole jewelry, documents and electronics. There are no suspects at this time. ...
- Arlington County offices will be closed Dec. 25 & 26, 2014 for Christmas and Jan. 1 & 2, 2015 for the New Year's holiday. There will be no trash or recycling services on Christmas Day or New Year's Day. Thursday customers should place carts at the curb by 6 a.m. Friday, Dec. 26 and Friday Jan. 2.
- La Vicepresidenta de la Junta del Condado de Arlington Mary Hughes Hynes se desempeñará como Presidenta de la Junta para 2015, anunció hoy el Presidente saliente Jay Fisette. J. Walter Tejada se desempeñará como Vicepresidente.
- Arlington County Board Vice Chair Mary Hughes Hynes will serve as the Board Chair for 2015, outgoing Chair Jay Fisette announced today. J. Walter Tejada will serve as vice chairman.
RAPE, 141215003, 3400 block of Fairfax Dr, On 12/14/14 a female victim reported to police she had unwanted sexual intercourse with a male subject she met at a bar in DC after consuming several alcoholic beverages. The victim is able to...
BURGLARY, 141212023, 1100 block of Atlington Blvd, Sometime between 0915 and 0920 hours on 12/12/14, the victim left exited his apartment to go do laundry. His door remained unlocked. Upon his return, he encountered an unknown male exiting who...
- The Arlington County Police Department’s Homicide/Robbery Unit is asking for the public’s assistance in identifying an armed robbery suspect who has robbed a Ballston convenience store on three occasions and has been captured on surveillance video.
- The Arlington County Board today awarded 60 new taxicab certificates in an effort to meet the growing demand for wheelchair-accessible taxicab service.
- The Virginia Resources Authority’s (VRA) refinancing of three (VRA) Wastewater and Water System Revenue Bonds will save Arlington County $3.5 million in reduced interest rates on those loans over the next 16 years.
Follow @ArlingtonNews_ on Twitter!