- Here you are, at the twilight (or not) of your life, and you've gone this whole time getting Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon's origin story wrong. It was a little naive of you to assume that such kindred, giggling intimacy could blossom under the bright lights of Saturday Night Live,...More »
- Jude Law stars as Lenny Belardo, the first American Pope, and Stella makes startling discoveries in the penultimate episode of the serial-killer series. Plus: tensions between Bobby and Lucy come to a headAlthough Spector’s defence team hopes to use Stella’s relationships in the workplace against her, she is still managing to close the net on him, and all despite being unable to raise her voice above a whisper. Anderson makes some startling discoveries about our handsome murderer&rs
- No matter how hard he tries, Elijah Wood still gets mistaken for Daniel Radcliffe, and vice versa. In fact, even after the joke hit the cruel Internet, and a gif surfaced of Elijah turning into Radcliffe, and then back into himself, the joke still lives on, much like Harry Potter...More »
- For a guy who's got some ire for brands, Bon Iver's Justin Vernon sure does have a knack for branding. Tied to the recent release of 22, A Million, Bon Iver is selling a flannel shirt inspired by the album. The red top runs a cool $75 on Bon Iver's...More »
Gerard Butler to Continue Contending With Shoddy Craftsmanship in Olympus Has Fallen Threequel Angel Has FallenGoodness gracious, what does it take to earn a highfalutin desk job in these parts? After keeping the president safe under siege in 2013's Olympus Has Fallen and this year's London Has Fallen, Gerard Butler's Secret Service agent is set to pick up the pieces once more in Angel Has...More »
- Drake was an answer on Wednesday’s episode of Jeopardy!, and the ocassion allowed Alex Trebek to show off some skills. He rapped a part of “Jumpman” from Drake's album What a Time to Be Alive, giving the clue: “This Canadian rapped, ‘Jumpman, Jumpman, Jumpman, them boys up to somethin’/ Uh, uh, uh,...More »
God Particle Will Reportedly Be the Next Movie in J.J. Abram's Cloverfield Universe, So Let's See How Long It Keeps That Not So Cloverfield-y NameWhile God Particle once had the simple but potent appeal of being a movie that stars Gugu Mbatha-Raw and David Oyelowo, it's reportedly about to get some of that classic J.J. Abrams-shrouded-in-mystery intrigue. That's because, according to The Wrap, God Particle is the next film tied to Abrams' Cloverfield universe,...More »
God Particle Will Reportedly Be the Next Cloverfield Movie, Though Almost Certainly With a Different NameWhile God Particle once had the simple but potent appeal of being a movie that stars Gugu Mbatha-Raw and David Oyelowo, it's reportedly about to get some of that classic J.J. Abrams-shrouded-in-mystery intrigue. That's because, according to The Wrap, God Particle is the next film tied to Abrams' Cloverfield universe,...More »
- Pickle's pretty confident that Daniel will pick up tonk "in no time." After all, it's essentially a variant of rummy, a game Daniel grew up playing with his father and sister. That's about all Pickle, Nate, and Tyrus — his roommates at the New Canaan Project halfway house in Nashville — know...More »
- Episode four was so wild, Designated Survivor had to take a week off. In case you forgot what happened, which you obviously didn't, here's where we left off: General Nuke God was fired and we're going to war. Jack wakes up just before 5 A.M. to get briefed on the...More »
- While watching our fair program, have you ever thought to yourself: I wish we could get a bottle episode with Paul and Vernon? No? You don't say! Almost any other character combination would be more entertaining and illuminating: Becca and Lindsay, or Becca and Gretchen, or Shitstain and Honey Nutz,...More »
- Channel Nine’s claim that Today has regained crown for first time since 2003 triggers ‘misleading or deceptive conduct’ claim from arch rivalThe Seven network has taken Nine to court to try to stop the rival network claiming Today won the breakfast TV ratings for the first time since 2003. Under consumer protection law Seven filed a misleading or deceptive conduct claim against Nine on Wednesday, four days after Nine said the Today show had “triumphed in the 2016 ratings
- Fox News' Megyn Kelly will be co-hosting the morning talk show Live with Kelly the day after the election, according to The Hollywood Reporter. It'll be Kelly's first time as a co-host. Live has been looking for a partner for Kelly Ripa since Michael Strahan left to join Good Morning America. Megyn Kelly, meanwhile, will soon...More »
Kevin Hart in Talks to Play Santa Claus in Dashing Through the Snow, But First You're Just Gonna Have to BelieveWell, this makes that whole chimney scheme a touch more plausible. Per The Hollywood Reporter, Kevin Hart is in talks to play Santa Claus in Dashing Through the Snow. Said to be a Christmas comedy in the vein of Elf, Dashing Through the Snow centers around a New York City...More »
- Let's start with the bad news first: Toy Story 4 will be pushed back t0 2019. However, don't be too discouraged, there is some good news! The Incredibles 2 will hit theaters a year early, reports Variety. That's right, the two films have pulled a Freaky Friday and switched released...More »
- I'm a sucker for a good Halloween episode, a preference that started all the way back in first grade when I saw the Garfield Halloween special for the first time (it holds up well) and that's carried me through holiday classics by Community and The Simpsons. That fondness and my...More »
- Kim Kardashian has been keeping a super-low profile since she was robbed, bound, and gagged in a Paris hotel room several weeks ago. But it was reported earlier today that she appeared with her sister and a battery of armed guards at the first Los Angeles stop of Kanye West’s...More »
- On October 21st, it was announced that Donald Glover would be cast as Lando Calrissian in the upcoming Han Solo stand-alone movie. On The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Glover spoke for the first time about landing the role. "I'm very honored. It's a very big deal. There's this thing going around...More »
- Mr. Davies directed renowned productions for the National Theater, the Old Vic and other British theaters, as well as nine productions on Broadway.
- Dig beneath the usual stories of broken marriages and adolescent angst, and we discover wells of darkness that seem to have no bottom.
- After coming on board the new CBS All Access series Star Trek: Discovery as showrunner in February, The Hollywood Reporter says today that Bryan Fuller will no longer be heading up the show. A statement released by CBS Television Studios praised Fuller’s contributions to the show, and explained that he...More »
- The Freeform network is going to have just as hard of a time saying goodbye to its crown jewel program, Pretty Little Liars, as the show’s diehard fans. So to help us all process the loss, the Freeform brain trust has green lit a one-hour post-show special to air directly...More »
- Billing itself as the only firm that wants its staff to quit to pursue their dreams, RSVP has 600 wannabe performers on its booksOlivia Coleman cleaned houses, George Clooney was an insurance salesman and Angelina Jolie wanted to be a funeral director. But the stars of tomorrow may come from another run-of-the-mill occupation: the call centre.A call centre staffed entirely by “resting” actors is to open its doors in MediaCityUK, Salford, next week, employing up to 150 wannabe stars t
Kesha Has Already Written and Recorded 22 New Songs That Are Just Waiting to Be Released; Dr. Luke Claims â€˜She Exiled Herselfâ€™The legal case between Kesha and Dr. Luke has remained at a standstill since this August, when the singer dropped her California lawsuit against the producer, even as she continued to pursue other legal claims against him in New York. The stated goal was for Kesha "to get back to...More »
- via TheaterMania.comStephanie J. Block and Brandon Uranowitz also star in the iconic musical, which opens tonight at the Walter Kerr Theatre.
- Over the weekend, Drake’s ongoing smarm offensive reignited with the unveiling of three new songs scheduled to appear on a forthcoming project titled More Life. The scathing “Two Birds, One Stone” has been the source of some controversy; in it, Drake finally responds to five years of needling from Pusha T, and he sends a ruthless...More »
- Among the abiding mysteries of the Metropolitan Opera is how a juggernaut with such abundant resources, access to talent, and time to prepare can keep delivering theatrical duds. The Met has gone 80 years without a production of Guillaume Tell, the opera that capped Rossini’s opera career before he retired...More »
- The burden of having become Zadie Smith, international literary celebrity, surely hangs over the work of the novelist who bears the name. The sort of early success Smith enjoyed, at the age of 24, with the smash debut of White Teeth (2000), can have distorting effects. It drove the poet...More »
- SundanceTV's Rectify has spent three seasons following ex-con Daniel Holden (Aden Young) and his struggle to adjust to the outside world after 19 years of being imprisoned on death row in solitary confinement. Now that the show is about to premiere its fourth and final season, it may or may not...More »
- The work, by the Pulitzer Prize winning playwright, explores the real-life story of a play that was shut down in part because it depicted a lesbian relationship.
- Warning: This article discusses the last few moments of Moonlight. If you haven't seen the film yet, stop reading.In the movies, so much is sealed with a kiss. Golden-age Hollywood romances would resolve themselves with a passionate peck before fading to black, while entire plot engines have been built on...More »
- via NYT > MoviesThe film, directed by Mel Gibson and starring Andrew Garfield, might draw the “American Sniper” audience with its divided perspective on combat.
- The acclaimed company’s avowed artistic goal is to “examine and illuminate American nostalgia.”
- Jane, Candice and Andrew are battling to win on the last ever BBC episode of Bake Off. Who will take the crown?Candice Brown takes Great British Bake Off crown9.34pm BSTOh CANDICE WINS! I‘m meant to make a bigger deal of that. But as discussed, I need the toilet very badly. 9.19pm BST“Candice and Jane are planning a baking road trip together...”Thelma And Genoise... Continue reading...
- How much more would America love Ben Affleck if his real name was Benny “The Sweet One” O’Callahan? In a relatable flannel shirt and orange puffy vest, the Sweet One tells residents of New Hampshire through an aggressive Boston accent to make sure they get to the polls on November...More »
- Candice Brown win the final of the Great British Bake Off on Wednesday evening. In the BBC’s final series of the hugely popular baking competition, Brown, 31, from Bedfordshire, impressed judges Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood with her “determination and passion” for baking. Brown said afterwards that the award meant a huge amount to her, having previously believed she wouldn’t qualify for the competitionCandice Brown takes Great British Bake Off crownContinue reading...
- Get ready to fire up your Instagram. As first reported by the New York Times, New York's famed Museum of Modern Art has acquired the first, original set of 176 Emoji for its permanent collection. The Emoji in question — described as "glyphs" and designed by Shigetaka Kurita — were...More »
- Patton Oswalt sat down with The New York Times to discuss the sudden passing of his wife, Michelle McNamara, earlier this year, and it’s just about the saddest, most touching profile you could imagine. McNamara, a true-crime writer working on a book about a California serial killer, was stressed out...More »
- ‘I can’t stop smiling,’ says PE teacher after winning final with delights like a pavlova worthy of a Paul Hollywood handshake“You can’t out-Candice Candice,” said Jane Beedle halfway through the meringue round of the Great British Bake Off final, looking worriedly at her fellow contestant’s reliably opulent confection. It turned out she was quite right.It was perfect pastry and a love of lavish decoration that saw Candice Brown, a PE teacher from Bedford
- Just as Alice Liddell did for Alice in Wonderland, Riff Raff did for James Franco in Spring Breakers, and inculcated fear did for Donald Trump’s presidential campaign, the town of Washington Depot, Connecticut, served as the inspiration for “Stars Hollow,” the fictional Connecticut town in which Gilmore Girls is set....More »
- Jane, Candice and Andrew are battling to win on the last ever BBC episode of Bake Off. Who will take the crown? 8.44pm BSTMary thinks the Queen would love Jane’s colourful picnic. Come on Bez, as if the Queen isn’t a quasi-fictional and unknowable entity. We have no way of knowing what she makes of quiche. 8.44pm BSTSeriously it looks like someone went on a credit card spree in M&S.Continue reading...
- The show filmed all 11 character in peril getting whacked, and perhaps the bleakest and most gruesome of all made its way onto the internet Related: The Walking Dead season seven premiere: The Day Will Come When You Won't Be AMC’s ratings juggernaut The Walking Dead left fans in suspense for months at the end of season six, after new baddie Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) had Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) and his crew lined up on the ground to assassinate one of them in front of everyone left i
- Sure, he's no Gary Johnson, but President Obama is a pretty good get for Samantha Bee. Bee announced today that Full Frontal will feature an interview with Barack Obama on its Monday, October 31, episode, set to air at 10:30 p.m. According to a press release, the interview will cover "a range...More »
- Only one superhero movie came out in 1986: Howard the Duck. Adapted from stories first published in Marvel Comics about an anthropomorphic duck making his way through the world of humankind, the film was a box-office disaster, barely scraping up the $37 million it cost to make. It was also...More »
- A photo posted to a Facebook group triggered debate just as furious as that surrounding The Dress – is it Murray impersonating a crying baby, or is it Hanks?Bill Murray’s mood swings were so tempestuous during the making of Ghostbusters that Dan Aykroyd nicknamed him The Murricane. The Groundhog Day actor doesn’t have an agent and instead uses a 1-800 number for pitches and offers. On his 20th birthday he was arrested trying to smuggle around 10lb of marijuana through Chicago&r
What Would Alexander Hamilton Think of the 2016 Election? Lin-Manuel Miranda and Ron Chernow Weigh InVicious attack ads, smear campaigns, and salacious sex scandals. Sound familiar? According to the brains behind Hamilton, every old political tactic is new again. At the premiere of PBS's Great Performances: Hamilton’s America at the United Palace Theatre, the documentary’s director Alex Horwitz, Alexander Hamilton biographer Ron Chernow, and Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda unanimously...More »
- via NYT > MoviesA man with a sledgehammer and a pickax attempted to remove Donald J. Trump’s star on Hollywood Boulevard in Los Angeles.
- Good news, Mad Men fans: Matthew Weiner is making a new TV show. Bad news: We know as much about it as we ever knew about future episodes of Mad Men. Deadline reports that Weiner is returning to TV to create, write, and direct most of an eight-episode project for...More »
Follow @newslock_cinema on Twitter!