- (Telecompaper) The independent directors of Sky said they have received a bid from 21st Century Fox of GBP 10.75 per share in cash, for the shares in the company it does not already own. The directors made the statement in response to the company's sharp share price increase on 9 December but added that matters on still under discussions. Reports noted Sky's share price rose over 30 percent after the company received the offer for the 60 percent stake, which values Sky at GBP 18-18.5 billion.
- (Telecompaper) US chipmaker Microsemi announced six new monolithic microwave integrated circuit (MMIC) products, including four wideband low noise MMIC amplifiers...
- (Telecompaper) Syniverse and Syniverse Foreign Holdings, an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of Syniverse, announced that on 8 December they commenced an offer to...
- (Telecompaper) AT&T has announced the appointment of Kelly King as the new CEO of its Mexico business, replacing Thaddeus Arroyo...
- (Telecompaper) Samsung Electronics will supply semiconductors to vehicle maker Tesla Motors, South Korean newspaper Electronic Times reports, citing unnamed sources...
- AT&T appoints Thaddeus Arroyo to head international and business operations as Ralph de la Vega announces retirement on 31 December
- Patrick Drahi's Altice says the company is looking at floating shares in Altice USA, which owns Suddenlink and Optimum cable businesses bought in 2015
- (Telecompaper) Fixed broadband subscriptions in Ireland reached 1.34 million at the end of the third quarter, up 0.8 percent from the previous quarter and up 3.6...
- (Telecompaper) UK regulator Ofcom announced that it has closed an investigation started over a year ago into consumer difficulties cancelling their telecom contracts...
- (Telecompaper) The Body of European Regulators for Electronic Communications (Berec) has elected Johannes Gungl, CEO of Austrian regulator RTR, as its chairman for 2018...
- (Telecompaper) Danish operator TDC has made a cash buy-back offer to holders of its EUR 800 million notes at 4.375 percent, due 2018, and to holders of its GBP 550 million notes at 5.625 percent, due 2023...
- (Telecompaper) Brazil's National Telecommunications Agency (Anatel) and the Institute of Applied Economic Research (Ipea) have signed a technical cooperation...
- (Telecompaper) The turnover of Brazil's electronics industry should end 2016 at BRL 131.2 billion, a nominal decrease of 8 percent over the past year (BRL 142.5 billion)...
- (Telecompaper) Brazilian operators Claro and Net have started pre-sales of tickets for the Rio Open, the largest tennis tournament in South America, taking place...
- (Telecompaper) The German government and several universities have come together to found the Centre for Advanced Internet Studies, which will open in Bochum in early 2017...
- (Telecompaper) The Supervisory Board of Telekom Slovenije approved the Strategic Business Plan of the Group for the period 2017-2021 and the Annual Business Plan for 2017...
- (Telecompaper) Kenyan operator Safaricom and M-Pesa Foundations have called on their partners in the coastal region to make a strong contribution towards the...
- (Telecompaper) Qualcomm and IDC have published a study showing that Brazil invests the equivalent of 2.15 percent of GDP in ICT, more than the Latin American average of 2.06 percent...
- (Telecompaper) A total of 25,000 numbers have been ported to other networks since the introduction of number portability in Montenegro on 1 December 2011, according to the latest figures from the telecom regulator...
- (Telecompaper) The TE Connectivity board of directors approved a recommendation to increase the company's quarterly dividend from USD 0.37 to USD 0.40 per share,...
- (Telecompaper) Avnet promoted Graham McBeth to the role of president of Premier Farnell, a UK-based distributor of technology products, effective immediately...
- (Telecompaper) Rwanda hosted the Regional Preparatory Meeting (RPM) for Africa, held from 6 to 8 December in Kigali, where participants assessed the ongoing...
- Sky shares surged on Friday after U.S. media giant 21st Century Fox launched an £11.25 billion (€13.43 billion) takeover bid for the company.In a statement, Sky said the two companies have agreed an offer price of £10.75 per share…read more on TotalTele.com »
- Singapore has announced that it will prohibit the sale of 2G-only devices from 1 January 2017.In a statement on Wednesday, the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) said that licensed retailers will still be able to sell 2G products to overseas markets…read more on TotalTele.com »
- Something fundamental has gone askew in the industry when telco vendors forecast a contracting infrastructure market, and the likes of Facebook and Google take it upon themselves to figure out how to connect the roughly 4 billion people worldwide who still don't have the Internet.With 4G network deployments now largely complete in major developed markets, andmacroeconomic uncertainty in some emerging countries, at least two of the world's three remaining major telecoms infrastructure players ar
- AT&T has paid out $88 million in refunds to mobile customers who were billed for unauthorised third-party services.Called 'cramming', the practice sees an operator add charges for subscriptions to premium…read more on TotalTele.com »
- The Cerbat Gem
BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Comtech Telecom (CMTL) to $16 Following 1Q
BMO Capital maintained an Outperform rating on Comtech Telecom (NASDAQ: CMTL), and cut the price target to $16.00 (from $18.00), following the company's 1Q earnings report. Reported revenue was $136 million, lower than the consensus estimates of ...
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Declares $0.10 Per Share Quarterly Cash DividendTelecom Reseller (press release)all 48 news articles&n
Fitch: LatAm Telecom Faces Negative Outlook for 2017 on Mature Market and High Competition - Business Wire (press release)Fitch: LatAm Telecom Faces Negative Outlook for 2017 on Mature Market and High Competition
Business Wire (press release)
“Negative factors facing the industry include mobile service maturity and a high level of competition, which will limit most operators' deleveraging capacity. Fixed-line services still offer growth headroom, but only operators with recent proactive ...and more »
Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd. (NYSE:CHT) lost about -5.1 percent in value since last earnings - The Independent RepublicChunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd. (NYSE:CHT) lost about -5.1 percent in value since last earnings
The Independent Republic
Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd. (NYSE:CHT) is projected to declare fiscal fourth quarter financial results right before the stock market's official open on January 25, 2017. The stock lost about -5.1 percent in price since last results when it was at $34.9 ...and more »
- Ciena CEO Smith Not Concerned About Negative Telecom Sentiment
Ciena (CIEN) chief executive Gary Smith was kind enough to spend some time this morning taking with me by phone following his company having roughly met expectations for fiscal Q4 results, and projecting Q1 revenue roughly in line with consensus.
- (Telecompaper) Altice announced that it's considering an selling a stake in its US unit in an initial public offering. The company said it would offer a minority interest in Altice USA, which includes the cable operators Optimum and Suddenlink. The company gave no further details, saying a final decision had not been taken yet on the structure or timing of the IPO and there was no assurance it would go ahead.
- Wireless Telecom Group appoints CFO
Wireless Telecom Group Inc., a designer and manufacturer of radio frequency and microwave-based products, announced Wednesday it has appointed a new chief financial officer. Michael Kandell will join the Parsippany-based company as its CFO, effective ...and more »
- US politicians raised competition concerns over AT&T's $85.4 billion bid to buy the media giant
- Herald KS
Today's Market Runner: AdEPT Telecom plc (ADT) Declined -1.01% on Dec 8
Shares of AdEPT Telecom plc (LON:ADT) last traded at 245, representing a move of -1.01%, or -2.5 per share, on volume of shares. After opening the trading day at 247.5, shares of AdEPT Telecom plc traded in a close range. AdEPT Telecom plc currently ...and more »
- The Nation Newspaper
Nigeria: NCC - Telecom Operators Cannot Determine Data Tariffs
Abuja — The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) Wednesday said it would not allow market forces between telecommunication operators to determine call data pricing for subscribers because it would stifle small operators out of the market, which ...
Data Price Hike: NCC, Telecom Companies Address SenateCHANNELS TELEVISION
Senate grills NCC, telecom operator over data price hikeThe Nat
- Telecom Stock Roundup: Verizon Finalizes Divestiture, AT&T Tries ...
The telecom industry experienced a good run on the bourse last week as most of the key stocks traded in the green. Although the space lacked.and more »
- Morocco World News
French Telecom Provider Orange Takes Over Meditel
Morocco World News
Rabat – This morning, approximately 13.7 million Moroccans woke up to welcome texts from the French telecom company Orange, which took over Meditel this year. According to Orange's CEO Yves Gautier the takeover represents a “strategic repositioning.
- (Telecompaper) The European Commission has issued new draft rules on the 'fair use' of roaming and said it aims to finalise the rules in the next week. The deadline is 15 December to have the rules in place, so operators have enough time to prepare for the planned end to roaming surcharges next June. Following its initial proposal in September, the Commission said it consulted with the industry, consumer groups, regulators, the European Parliament and member states on further refining the rules.
- OpenDaylight, OCEAN, ATIS and Eclipse Foundation are among organisations adopting oneM2M specifications in IoT development projects Sophia Antipolis, France, 8 December 2016. oneM2M, the global standards partnership for Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communications and the Internet of Things (IoT), has revealed its standards are being used by a number of independent open source foundations and projects, in addition to commercial deployments, as the industry looks to accelerate take up of IoT products
- Wall Street Journal
Brazilian Telecom Firm Oi Talks to Cerberus Capital About Possible ...
Wall Street Journal
Troubled Brazilian telecom operator Oi said it is in talks with U.S.-based Cerberus Capital Management over “opportunities” for a deal between the two firms.and more »
In India, every telecom network is racing to offer free voice calls
Airtel, India's largest telecom carrier, today unveiled new tariff plans starting at Rs 145 ($2) that will enable over 260 million subscribers on its network to make free voice calls anywhere in India. SEE ALSO: Inside Reliance Jio's audacious plan to ...
Call Drop Way Above Benchmark, Meet With Operators Next Week: Telecom RegulatorNDTV
Call drop way above benchmark; meet with telcos next week: TRAIETTelecom.
- (Telecompaper) Swedish postal and telecoms regulator PTS said it will issue an injunction ordering Telia Company to comply with rules on zero-rated internet traffic. PTS said that under EU regulations, all web traffic must be treated equally, once consumers have used up all the data included in their subscription.
- Telecom Asia
Nepal, China Telecom sign internet service deal
Kathmandu, Nepal's state-owned telecom company Nepal Telecom and China Telecom Global have signed an agreement on providing internet protocol service between the two countries through cross-border Terrestrial Cable Route, the company said.
Nepal Telecom, China Telecom Global sign internet service dealEconomic Times
NT, China Telecom sign MoU for Internet connectivityRepublica
NT, China Telecom ink pact to deliver IP serv
Talktalk Telecom Group PLC 62.8% Potential Upside Indicated by Credit Suisse - DirectorsTalk InterviewsSports Perspectives
Talktalk Telecom Group PLC 62.8% Potential Upside Indicated by Credit Suisse
Talktalk Telecom Group PLC using EPIC/TICKER code LON:TALK has had its stock rating noted as 'Reiterates' with the recommendation being set at 'OUTPERFORM' this morning by analysts at Credit Suisse. Talktalk Telecom Group PLC are listed in the ...
Telecom plus PLC (TEP) Rating Reiterated by Peel HuntSports Perspectivesall 1,968 news articles »
- (Telecompaper) French over-the-top video platform Molotov announced that it has raised EUR 22 million as part of what it described as a second funding round, following a EUR 10 million round in 2014. The company said that the capital raised comes from previous backers, including Idinvest and new investors, including Sky and french infrastructure operator TDF. The news that Sky had participated to the founding round had emerged in September, when the company said it had made a EUR 4 million inves
- GMA News
PHL opening telecom industry to foreign players by 2017
Foreign investors may be able to penetrate the country's telecommunications industry by next year, as the government is currently looking at ways to encourage more overseas businessmen to invest in the Philippines. “Without a doubt I'm in favor of ...and more »
- (Telecompaper) The number of fixed telephony connections in the Netherlands has dropped by 0.2 percent during the third quarter of 2016 to end September with 6.28 million lines. Digital telephony lines grew by 0.3 percent during the quarter which was not enough to off-set the decrease in traditional telephony lines (via PSTN/ISDN). At the same time, the fixed telephony revenues decrease even faster, according to Telecompaper's Dutch Fixed Telephony 2016-Q3 report.
- (Telecompaper) Microsoft has announced plans to make Windows PCs more like mobile phones, using eSIMs to offer connectivity from any computer. Customers will be able to buy data directly from the Windows Store. To make the new devices possible, Microsoft is opening up Windows 10 to ARM architecture through a partnership with Qualcomm. Hardware partners will be able to build a range of new Qualcomm Snapdragon-powered Windows 10 PCs that run x86 Win32 and universal Windows apps, including Adobe Ph
- (Telecompaper) Smartwatch maker Pebble has abandoned the business and sold much of its assets to rival Fitbit. The company has shipped over 2 million pebbles to date and run the business based on crowdfunding. Pebble said the decision was "due to various factors" and said it would refund any Kickstarter backers who had not received products yet. Its devices will be supported for a limited time yet. Fitbit acquires much of the key personnel and intellectual property related to Pebble's software a
- New Sales Vice-President will build on Newtec’s growth in region following new partnerships and customers SINGAPORE and SINT-NIKLAAS, Belgium, 8 December 2016. Newtec - a specialist in designing, developing and manufacturing equipment and technologies for satellite communications - today announced it has appointed a new sales Vice-President for the Asia-Pacific region. Sjoerd De Clerck will be responsible for leading the Asia-Pacific team and ensuring the company’s continued growth a
Follow @Telecom_NewsUS on Twitter!