- Jointly developed smart health solution integrates Italtel’s DoctorLINK and Exprivia’s eLifeCare platformsMilan, February 24, 2017 – Italtel, a leading telecommunications company in IT System Integration, managed services, Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) and all-IP solutions, and Exprivia, an international group enabling the digital transformation process through added value solutions, today announced they will launch an advanced telemedicine solution. The solution bring
- German IT security specialist to present its innovative security concept on the Orange booth at MWC 2017Hamburg, Germany. 24 February 2017 – Whether we use our smartphones and tablets for online shopping, mobile banking or payments – even for financial transactions they have become an essential part of our everyday lives – and a very attractive target for hackers and cyber-criminals. The threat situation is growing continuously in Europe as in other parts of the...Source: RealW
- (Telecompaper) South African operator Cell C's board has rejected a proposal from Telkom to acquire the mobile operator and said it is "unable and not willing to pursue any discussion" with the fixed line operator. Board chairman Mohammed Hariri said that Cell C has already entered into legally binding agreements through which it has committed to a recapitalisation with Blue Label Telecoms, among other parties. He confirmed that Cell C's board has received an unsolicited, non-binding and conditi
- The project, awarded by ElecLink to a consortium of Prysmian and Balfour Beatty is worth approximately 219 m € in totalThe HVDC interconnector will increase the energy exchange between the two countriesMilan, 23 February 2017 – Prysmian Group, world leader in the energy and telecom cable systems industry, has been awarded a new important contract - in consortium with the leading international infrastructure group Balfour Beatty - for the realisation of a new High Voltage...Source: Rea
- US operator will rollout a fixed broadband solution using 5G connectivity during H1 2017
Successful virtual IMS pilot testing announced by Iskratel ahead of demonstration at Mobile World Congress 2017Barcelona, Spain, February 23, 2017 – Iskratel, the leading European infocommunications vendor and solutions provider, today announced it will demonstrate its virtual IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) solution at Mobile World Congress, following the success of a pilot project with Russia’s major Tier-1 operator.As part of its project of core-network transformation to vIMS, the operator successfully deployed Iskratel's vIMS solution, with a geo-redundant setup of vIMS core in geographical
- (Telecompaper) The Commerce Commission has declined to grant clearance for the proposed merger of Sky Network Television and Vodafone New Zealand. The Commission says its assessment focused on the impact of the proposed merger on competition in both the broadband and mobile telecommunications markets. To grant clearance, the Commission says it would need to be satisfied that the proposed merger would not be likely to substantially lessen competition in any market in New Zealand.
- (Telecompaper) Telenor is exiting the Indian market and selling its operations to market leader Bharti Airtel. As the new owner, Airtel will take over Telenor India's spectrum, licenses and operations, including its employees and customer base of 44 million. Telenor's operations and services will continue as normal until the completion of the transaction, Telenor said. No financial details related to the acquisition have been disclosed.
AdaptiveMobile launches Signalling Protection Gateway, decoupling security from the limitations of legacy network infrastructureCompany enables mobile operators to deploy industry-leading Signalling Protection independent from legacy STP based protectionDUBLIN and DALLAS – 23rd February 2017 – AdaptiveMobile, the world leader in mobile network security, today announced its Signalling Protection Gateway (SPG) – expanding its core security offerings with powerful new network integration, deployment and routing capabilities to allow their industry-leading Signalling Protection to be deployed independently
- (Telecompaper) Broadcom announced an agreement to sell Ruckus Wireless and the Brocade ICX switch business to Arris for USD 800 million. The sale comes less than a year after Brocade acquired Ruckus for nearly twice the price. Broadcom said itwants to focus on quickly integrating Brocade's Fibre Channel SAN business once it completes the Brocade acquisition. The deal gives Arris a new line of business serving the enterprise market. The company plans to set up dedicated business unit for wireless
- (Telecompaper) Orange said it plans to pay a higher dividend for 2017, after reporting higher sales and profitability for Q4 and 2016. The company proposed a dividend of EUR 0.65 per share for 2017, compared to EUR 0.60 in 2016, to reflect the steady progress it's made since 2015, said CEO Stephane Richard. Orange expects its investments in fibre and LTE and focus on cost reductions will support further growth in adjusted EBITDA in 2017. Last year, adjusted EBITDA rose 2.1 percent to EUR 12.682
- (Telecompaper) The FCC has authorised the first devices for LTE in the unlicensed 5 GHz band. The US regulator's Office of Engineering and Technology authorized use of such devices after agreeing with industry terms for limiting interference on Wi-Fi services using the same band. LTE-U and Wi-Fi stakeholders worked under the auspices of the Wi-Fi Alliance to develop co-existence guidelines and an evaluation test plan that was released last autumn. In addition to meeting the FCC's radio rules, th
- (Telecompaper) Telefonica reported an improvement in underlying results in the fourth quarter and said it expects stable revenues and a higher margin in 2017. In Q4, revenue fell 1.0 percent to EUR 13.271 billion, but rose 2.7 percent on an organic basis, thanks to nearly stable revenue in Spain and a return to organic growth in Brazil. OIBA was up 9.4 percent on an organic basis to EUR 3.187 billion, and the margin improved 2.0 percent points from a year ago to 23.2 percent. For 2017, Telefonic
- Total Telecom met ADTRAN’s AVP, Carrier Strategy Robert Conger at FTTH Conference 2017. At the show ADTRAN were demoing their software…read more on TotalTele.com »
- Total Telecom met ADTRAN’s AVP, Carrier Strategy Robert Conger at FTTH Conference 2017. At the show ADTRAN were demoing their software…read more on TotalTele.com »
- Terms such as machine learning, big data, predictive analytics, autonomic computing, are being used more and more both in the telecoms field and more widely. Some serious claims are being made - that machine learning heralds a sea-change not only in the way the telecoms and IT industries face their own strategic and operational challenges, but also in terms of solutions opportunities for their customers. How real is this? And what are we talking about anyway? This was t
- New Zealand's Commerce Commission on Thursday blocked the proposed NZ$3.44 billion (€2.33 billion) merger of Vodafone and Sky Network Television.The regulator concluded that the tie-up would have harmed competition in the broadband and mobile markets, on the grounds that Sky's monopoly on premium sports content would have made it harder for rivals to attract customers…read more on TotalTele.com »
- Ahead of our Gigabit Access 2017 conference, Total Telecom caught up with keynote speaker Anna Krzyzanowska, Head of Unit, Investment in High Capacity Networks at DG CONNECT to discuss the new targets set out for EU telcos in the European Electronic Communications Code, the evolving role of DG Connect and how Europe can deliver the Gigabit Society.Can you outline the work the European Commission is doing to deliver enhanced access networks across Europe?Since we adopted the Digi
- BT and Huawei this week announced they will undertake joint research into 5G network slicing.Network slicing is when a single physical network is divided, or sliced, into several virtual networks. The parameters of each slice are then tailored to address specific use cases…read more on TotalTele.com »
- Bharti Airtel on Thursday agreed to acquire 100% of Telenor's Indian operation, a deal that enables the former to strengthen its competitive position in seven key telecom circles, and the latter to retreat from a market in the grip of an intense price war.Bharti Airtel will take over Telenor's spectrum, subscribers, licences and operations, including its employees. Telenor India currently has 44 million customers across the circles of Andhra Pradesh…read more on TotalTele.com »
- Competition hots up in telecom space
Business Standard (press release) (registration) (blog)
Bharti Airtel, Vodafone, and Idea Cellular have reasons to worry as analysts believe the unlimited Rs 303 per month data plan for Reliance Jio prime members with free voice is expected to dent the premium subscriber base of the sector. (Jio is a ...and more »
- CRA keeps pace with telecom requirements
The Communications Regulatory Authority (CRA) has made considerable progress in management and allocation of scarce resources like numbering, and domain names in 2016, it was announced. Throughout the year, CRA allocated 100,000 mobile ...
Marco Technologies Selects IntelePeer as Primary Voice Services Provider - Telecom Reseller (press release)Marco Technologies Selects IntelePeer as Primary Voice Services Provider
Telecom Reseller (press release)
SAN MATEO, Calif., Feb. 22, 2017 — IntelePeer, a leading provider of business communications including cloud-based communications, cloud contact center, enterprise voice services, and SIP trunking, announced today it has been selected as the primary ...and more »
Calix AXOS Accelerates Delivery of World's First and Only True Gigabit Over Copper Solutions to MDUsIndustry-leading cDTA and bonded G.fast solutions enable service providers to deliver a highly differentiated symmetrical gigabit experience to underserved buildingsPETALUMA, CA– February 22, 2017 – Calix, Inc. (NYSE: CALX), the world leader in Subscriber Driven Intelligent Access, today announced the expansion of its industry-leading family of AXOS G.fast solutions to support a true gigabit experience to copper-fed subscribers in MDUs. Cutting-edge Collective Dynamic Timing Allocati
- Partners Eager For Access To AT&T's IoT Network As Telecom Giant Readies LTE-M
AT&T is accelerating the rollout of its nationwide LTE-M network that it's building out to support the Internet of Things (IoT). Following the completion of a successful pilot, AT&T said it's ready to launch its new LTE-M network ahead of schedule by ...and more »
- Unused spectrum enough for 4
BusinessWorld Online Edition
THE GOVERNMENT warned it could take back the rights to unused frequencies after publishing a list of all assigned spectrum assets and their utilization, saying that the potential haul could accommodate a third or even a fourth telecommunications player.and more »
- Telecom Stock Q4 Earnings on Feb 23: COMM, ACIA & Others
We have reached almost the end of the Q4 2016 earnings season. As per the latest Earnings Preview , 411 S&P 500 members (accounting for 82.2% of the index's total membership) have reported their fourth-quarter earnings results as of Friday, Feb 17.and more »
- Vendors are looking to bring together telecoms companies, technology providers and academia to accelerate the development of 5G projects
- Fix accountability to improve telecom services, says PM Modi at review meet
Times of India
NEW DELHI: Clearly unhappy over poor telecom services, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday pressed for efficiency and accountability at all levels to bring about a visible change in the situation at the earliest. He reviewed the progress towards ...and more »
- (Telecompaper) Verizon announced plans to deliver the first 5G services to customers in specific markets by the middle of this year. The company said it will offer 5G "pre-commercial" services to select customers in 11 markets throughout the country, based on "several hundred cell sites that cover several thousand customer locations". The pilot service will be available during the first half of 2017 in the metropolitan areas Ann Arbor, Atlanta, Bernardsville (NJ), Brockton (MA), Dallas, Denver,
Vapor IO Launches Vapor Edge for Telecom
Vapor IO, the next generation platform for hybrid and edge clouds, today announced Vapor Edge for Telecom, an end-to-end platform for edge computing, now 5G-ready and designed to operate as a self-contained microdatacenter at the base of cell-enabled ...
Vapor IO Introduces Edge Data Centers Aimed At Helping Telecom Network Operators Deliver 5G Wireless ApplicationsCRNall 6 news articles »
8x8 to Present at the Morgan Stanley Technology, Media & Telecom Conference - Business Wire (press release)8x8 to Present at the Morgan Stanley Technology, Media & Telecom Conference
Business Wire (press release)
SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--8x8, Inc. (NASDAQ:EGHT), the leading provider of global Enterprise Communications as a Service (ECaaS), today announced that Chief Executive Officer Vik Verma and Chief Financial Officer Mary Ellen Genovese will ...
Charter to Participate in Morgan Stanley Technology, Media & Telecom ConferenceYahoo Financeall 11 news articles »
- Saudi Telecom's loan to Otas plan denied by banks
A group of banks refused a Saudi Telecom plan to loan USD 160 million to resolve a dispute over a missed payment on a USD 4.75 billion loan at Turkish unit Otas , according to Bloomberg citing people with knowledge of the matter. The operator is yet to ...and more »
Review rules on tariffs for telecom sector growth: Telecom Commission to Trai
NEW DELHI: The inter-ministerial panel Telecom Commission today asked the sector regulator Trai to implement orders on promotional mobile tariffs in "letter and spirit" and review existing rules to ensure financial growth of the industry. "The ...
Telecom Comm to TRAI: Review existing tariff rules for industryMoneycontrol.com
Incumbent telecom operators cheer as Reliance Jio gets &ldquo
Bharti Airtel top pick in telecom space, says Sanjiv Bhasin
Sanjiv Bhasin of IIFL is of the view that Bharti Airtel is the top pick in the telecom space. Like this story, share it with millions of investors on M3. Bharti Airtel top pick in telecom space, says Sanjiv Bhasin. Sanjiv Bhasin of IIFL is of the view ...
Airtel buys strategic equity stake in Fintech firm SeynseETTelecom.comall 20 news articles »
- Vapor IO has launched Vapor Edge for Telecom, a complete 5G-ready micro data centre for telco edge computing
- Hong Kong firms keen on sectors like infra, telecom: HKTDC
NEW DELHI: Hong Kong-based companies are keen to explore Indian markets in areas like transportation, telecommunication and infrastructure, trade promotion body HKTDC said. Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC) also said both the ...and more »
- (Telecompaper) Telefonica has announced a deal to integrate the low-powered cloud of French IoT network operator Sigfox into its managed connectivity platform. The partners said the combination of their respective mobile connectivity offerings will allow customers to benefit from the best of both worlds when developing new IoT solutions. Advantages include additional security, reliability (backup and troubleshooting) and anti-jamming. The two companies said they're already in discussions with cu
- Video upload use case will be demoed at Mobile World Congress to showcase the solution’s suitability for fast caching and sharing of large files at crowded eventsMilan, February 22, 2017 – Italtel, a leading telecommunications company in IT system integration, managed services, Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) and all-IP solutions, today unveiled its virtual Transcoding Unit (vTU) application which brings several functionalities to the edge of networks, improving upload perform
- (Telecompaper) Microsoft announced a new version of its Android app for Skype, called Skype Lite. Designed especially for the Indian market, the smaller version of the app uses less data and less power. According to Microsoft, the app is designed to work in "challenging network conditions", where coverage or bandwidth may be limited. It's available in seven local languages: Gujarati, Bengali, Hindi, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu, free to download from the Play store.
- FAIRFAX, VA., USA – 22 February 2017 – TEOCO, the leading provider of analytics, assurance and optimization solutions to over 300 communication service providers (CSPs) and OEMs worldwide, today announced that it has joined Ciena’s Blue Orbit SDN and NFV Ecosystem. As a member, TEOCO will collaborate with Ciena and other Blue Orbit members dedicated to testing, demonstrating and delivering real-world, multi-vendor SDN and NFV solutions. TEOCO’s Service Assurance platform,
- The solution is already live in several Deutsche Telekom customer networks, serving 16 million subscribers, mainly across Europe.DUBLIN, BONN - February 22, 2017. Anam Technologies is delighted to announce their partnership with Deutsche Telekom International Carrier Sales & Solutions (ICSS) to provide comprehensive managed A2P SMS filtering services to the international mobile operator customers of ICSS. The joint initiative will deliver services that protect mobile networks from SMS abuse
- (Telecompaper) Spark New Zealand has welcomed a High Court decision to order a short-term stay in the event the New Zealand Commerce Commission gives its clearance on 23 February to the proposed merger between Sky Network Television and Vodafone New Zealand. Following applications by Spark, 2 Degrees and Internet NZ, the Court has ruled that Sky and Vodafone are prohibited from completing the merger in reliance on any clearance by the Commission until midnight on the third day after the Commissi
- Zentera Systems Announces CenturyLink as First Telecom Integration
SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb. 21, 2017 -- Zentera Systems, Inc., the leader in multicloud security and networking, today announced that its infrastructure security solution for the multicloud ecosystem now integrates with telecommunications industry cloud ...and more »
With Jio turning pay, rationality returning to telecom sector: Nitin Soni, Fitch Ratings - Economic TimesIndia Today
With Jio turning pay, rationality returning to telecom sector: Nitin Soni, Fitch Ratings
In a chat with ET Now, Nitin Soni, Fitch Ratings, says as far as the monetisation of data is concerned, it is a positive move for the industry that Jio is willing to protect the ARPU at Rs 300. Edited excerpts: Yesterday, Mukesh Ambani outlined the ...
Telecom industry relieved that Jio will start charging: COAIIndia Today
Jio Prime offer to hasten telecom sector consolidation: An
SBI's Arundhati Bhattacharya calls for better telecom infra to drive govt's digital payments agenda - FirstpostFirstpost
SBI's Arundhati Bhattacharya calls for better telecom infra to drive govt's digital payments agenda
State Bank of India chairperson Arundhati Bhattacharya on Tuesday called for better telecom infrastructure to drive the digital payments agenda of the government and suggested this can be achieved by ensuring dedicated spectrum for financial ...
SBI pitches for separate telecom spectrum for financial servicesHindu Business Lineall 2 news articles »
- SoftBank stirs up Sprint/T-Mobile speculation
The industry's least-secret mega merger possibility of 2017 is on people's minds. Softbank, which owns some 80% of Sprint, has apparently said that it is prepared to cede control of the #4 US wireless carrier to T-Mobile US if that's what it takes to ...and more »
Follow @Telecom_NewsUS on Twitter!