HUBER+SUHNER to unveil latest data center solutions to US market at Data Center World Global in Los AngelesSwiss-based manufacturer will showcase its next generation connectivity solutionsHUBER+SUHNER, leading international manufacturer of components and systems for optical and electrical connectivity, is set to unveil its latest data center solutions to the US market at Data Center World Global, taking place in Los Angeles, April 3-6, 2017. At the event, the company will showcase its LISA side access system – designed to further improve flexibility, practicality and user-friendliness with rega
- (Telecompaper) The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission has issued a draft decision to reject NBN Co's proposed variation to its Special Access...
- (Telecompaper) The Federal Court of Australia has dismissed Telstra's application for judicial review of the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission's...
- (Telecompaper) South Korean chipmaker SK hynix has joined the preliminary bid to acquire the memory chip business of Japan's Toshiba, Yonhap news agency reports, citing unnamed industry sources...
- (Telecompaper) Fiji government-backed group Amalgamated Telecom Holdings (ATH) has announced it has completed proceedings regarding the purchase of 100 percent of...
- The U.S. Department of Commerce's Bureau of Industry Security (BIS) on Wednesday removed ZTE from its export black list.The decision comes after ZTE settled an investigation into its illegal shipments of network equipment to Iran and North Korea…read more on TotalTele.com »
- The U.S. is close to scrapping the Federal Communications Commission (FCC)'s broadband privacy rules, to the dismay of consumer groups.In a statement late on Tuesday, the White House said it strongly supports Congress's vote in favour of a bill repealing the rules, thereby allowing ISPs to share or sell customer information without first obtaining their consent…read more on TotalTele.com »
- Telstra this week lost its bid to overturn the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC)'s mandated wholesale price cut, after the country's Federal Court sided with the regulator.The ACCC in June 2015 proposed a 9.6% cut in Telstra's wholesale access prices…read more on TotalTele.com »
- Samsung ushered in the era of the Gigabit Class LTE smartphone on Wednesday, with the unveiling of the Galaxy S8 and big-screen S8+.As well as supporting the latest 4G technology, the handsets also support Gigabit WiFi, allowing customers to download at high speed, irrespective of the air interface.As expected, the devices come equipped with Bixby…read more on TotalTele.com »
- Global cellular IoT connections will increase to 2.4 billion in 2025, up from 520 million in 2016.This is according to Strategy Analytics, which on Tuesday predicted that by then, the automotive…read more on TotalTele.com »
- This video highlights how OnlineNW is transforming the rural community of Dayton…read more on TotalTele.com »
- (Telecompaper) Amazon announced that it's extending its contact centre platform used for its own customer service to customers of Amazon Web Services...
- (Telecompaper) Telefonica Deutschland announced the launch of two masters programmes with the Munich University of Applied Sciences, in computer science and business informatics...
- (Telecompaper) Telecom Egypt's board has appointed Ahmed El Beheiry as the company's CEO, reports Reuters...
- (Telecompaper) Cyta and CIIM, The Cyprus International Institute of Management, are offering 18 scholarships for postgraduate studies...
- (Telecompaper) The Dutch retailer Kijkshop is closing 20 of its 87 outlets, reports de Volkskrant. The electronics retailer is owned by the Swedish investment firm listerus & partners Capital Advisors...
- (Telecompaper) T-Mobile Czech Republic is organising the seventh edition of the Rozjezdy start-up competition...
- (Telecompaper) Brazil's Minister of Science, Technology, Innovation and Communications, Gilberto Kassab, said that the government will in a few days publish a...
- (Telecompaper) Australian operator Vocus Group has sold its 3.3 million shares in Macquarie Telecom, representing 100 percent of its interest in those shares and 16 percent of Macquarie's issued share capital...
Broadband Forumâ€™s annual awards and elections announced, along with new project for home network performanceTop accolades given to individuals helping to accelerate the Forum’s Broadband 20/20 vision Chicago, USA, 28 March 2017: Two Distinguished Fellow Awards, which recognize individuals who have significantly contributed to the direction and success of broadband development and to the delivery of Broadband 20/20, were among the accolades presented during the Broadband Forum quarterly meeting in Chicago. The first went to Barbara Stark, of AT&T – the first woman to receive the award &
- (Telecompaper) Vodafone Portugal will be responsible for providing the fixed, mobile and data communications services for the Municipality of Cascais, using a...
- (Telecompaper) Italian operator has launched an initiative to help fund the 24-hour pediatric unit at the Milan branch of the Italian League for the Fight Against Cancer (LILT)...
- (Telecompaper) Microsoft South Africa, in partnership with the Cape Town Science Centre, has launched the Microsoft Classroom of the Future, an exhibition that...
- (Telecompaper) Former MTN South Africa CEO Zunaid Bulbulia has been appointed the CFO of the Huge Group...
- [London, 28 March 2017] The successful Managed Services & Hosting Summit series of events is expanding to Amsterdam in April, assessing the impact of market trends and compliance on the MSP sector in Europe. Expert speakers from Gartner and a leading legal firm involved in assessing the impact of the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will be providing keynote presentations, speaking as evidence emerges that many MSPs need to “up their game”, particularly...Source:
- (Telecompaper) Spanish tech group Indra has announced the appointment of Sergio Scornavacca as the new director of its Industrial & Consumer Markets business unit in Italy...
- (Telecompaper) The TIM Foundation (Telecom Italia) has once again teamed up with Milan's Scala Theatre Academy to launch the second edition of the 'Talents on...
- (Telecompaper) Qatar's satellite company, E'shailSat, plans to boost its content portfolio in Ultra High Definition (UDH) for its broadcasting client...
- App monetises crowd-sourced mobile signal data to get share of £1.25m revenue fundLondon, UK. 28 March, 2017: Tutela, the crowd-sourced wireless analytics monetisation (WAM) company, has today announced its partnership with social app, BRO (www.bro.social). The partnership will see the app, which is a social platform just for men, benefit from additional revenues generated as a result of Tutela’s technology.Tutela’s software package (SDK), is currently deployed across millions
- (Telecompaper) Zain Kuwait has extended its strategic partnership with the Kuwait Dive Team. The company's support comes in line with its Corporate Sustainability...
- March 28th – Airangel, the Warrington-based company which is the leading provider of guest WiFi solutions to the hospitality sector - has secured a £1.7m funding package from Santander Corporate & Commercial to support its further growth.Dow Schofield Watts Transaction Services advised Santander on the deal.Airangel, which has recently opened a new office in Dubai, is expanding rapidly across Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia. Its software platform MyAirangel is now the number
- The company’s presence at the show comes after the major announcement of a partnership with ENGIE INEO to bring the world’s first broadband passenger Wi-Fi network aboard SNCF’s TGV high-speed fleetHUBER+SUHNER has announced it will showcase its latest connectivity solutions for trains at Smart Rail Europe 2017, taking place April 5-6 in Amsterdam. The HUBER+SUHNER display will highlight solutions for high-data-rate communications thus enabling internet connectivity on trains.
- Google on Tuesday announced that its Home smart speaker is headed for the U.K. next month, along with a new WiFi routeOfficially unveiled last May, Google Home is a cylindrical, connected speaker that resembles a giant air freshener and comes equipped with the Internet giant's voice…read more on TotalTele.com »
- Ericsson on Tuesday kicked off a major restructuring that includes overhauling its senior management and a strategic review of its media and IT cloud hardware divisions, as it seeks to revitalise its business.The shake-up will result in a 3 billion kronor-4 billion kronor (€314.68 million-€419.63 million) hit on operating profit, plus restructuring charges of SEK2 billion, in the first quarter alone.It is the second restructuring announced by Ericsson in the last 12 months."For some t
- Bharti Airtel on Tuesday sold a 10.3% stake in Bharti Infratel to a consortium of funds advised by KKR and the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) for 61…read more on TotalTele.com »
2G scam accused denied permission to go abroad by CBI court
New Delhi: Loop Telecom promoters IP Khaitan and his wife Kiran Khaitan, accused in a 2G scam-related case, were today denied permission to travel overseas by a special court here. Special CBI judge O P Saini dismissed the Khaitans' plea in which they ...and more »
- via North AmericaPresident Trump and Tom Rutledge, Charter CEO, have announced that Charter Communications is to invest $25bn on broadband infrastructure and technology over the next four years
Will This New Media & Telecom IPO Be Able To 'WOW' The Street?
After a lull in 2016, the IPO market has gotten off to a solid start this year. Snap Inc (NYSE: SNAP) set the ball rolling for a potentially productive year, with its 200 million share offering. Many other high profile names such as Uber, Spotify, Lyft ...
- Ferrari Ex-Boss Said to Be Telecom Italia Chairman Candidate ...
Former Ferrari SpA Chairman Luca Cordero Di Montezemolo is a leading candidate to replace Giuseppe Recchi as the head of Telecom Italia SpA's board in ...
Telecom Italia S.P.A. (NYSE:TI) Reviewed By Analysts - The De Soto ...The De Soto Edgeall 3 news articles »
Regulators to address international spectrum issues at DSA Global Summit as policy makers look to define universal service in the 5G worldCape Town, South Africa, 27 March 2017: Regulators from around the world are set to attend the fifth annual Dynamic Spectrum Alliance Global Summit, to continue discussions on effective spectrum management and the role of dynamic spectrum access in enabling new connectivity solutions. The Summit, which will take place in Cape Town, South Africa from 9-11 May 2017, will welcome regulators from around the world, including: Mr. Pakamile Kayalethu Pongwana, CEO, Independent Communications Authority
COAI favours auction in 2018, wants market to settle down
NEW DELHI: Cellular operators' body COAI has said the government should not rush to spectrum auction this year and instead, allow the market to settle down in the wake of recent mergers and acquisitions. COAI emphasised that the next round of sale of ...and more »
- Toyota partners with Japanese telecom giant NTT to harness connected car data
Toyota has announced a partnership with Japanese telecom giant NTT to collaborate on the development, verification, and standardization of technology across the connected car realm. The deal represents one of many in recent months, as Japanese ...and more »
- Flower Telecom is aiming to help businesses blossom with future-proof phone systems
A BRAND new company has launched to help businesses future-proof all their telecommunications needs. The next five years will see unprecedented changes in the telecommunications sector which will affect every company in the UK. Flower Telecom will ...and more »
- Radius Technologies moves to IP Telecom in €1.5m deal ...
IP Telecom, a Dublin-based company which offers telephony solutions via its own VoIP network, has signed a wholesale deal with Radius Technologies.
Consolidation does not mean telecom majors get back pricing power soon: Rajesh Kothari, AlfAccurate - Economic TimesEconomic Times
Consolidation does not mean telecom majors get back pricing power soon: Rajesh Kothari, AlfAccurate
In a chat with ET Now, Rajesh Kothari, CIO, AlfAccurate, says the telecm sector is in an evolving stage from return on capital employed perspective and it will take some more time before it comes back to healthy levels. Edited excerpts: What is your ...and more »
- BRIEF-Centron Telecom International issues positive profit alert
Reuters is the news and media division of Thomson Reuters. Thomson Reuters is the world's largest international multimedia news agency, providing investing news, world news, business news, technology news, headline news, small business news, news ...and more »
InfiNet Wireless to take centre stage at 8th annual International Partnersâ€™ Conference in Colombo, Sri LankaThe conference will provide exclusive access into InfiNet’s vision of the future and allow partners to network with various participants and InfiNet’s teams Valletta, Malta. 27 March 2017: InfiNet Wireless, the global leader in fixed broadband wireless connectivity, will host its 8th International Partners’ Conference in Colombo, Sri Lanka, on April 11th and 12th.This annual, invitation-only event encourages interaction between each attending partner and InfiNet’s executi
- three6five signs Mesh Telecom as its first African customer to its CloudNet NFV services
Systems integrator three6five has announced that South African-based Mesh Telecom is one of the early adopters of its CloudNet NFV - vDPI service offering. "We chose three6five as a partner due its excellent technical track record, and the fact that it ...
Reliance Jio impact: Telecom sector debt issues raise concerns; government calls urgent meeting - Financial ExpressFinancial Express
Reliance Jio impact: Telecom sector debt issues raise concerns; government calls urgent meeting
The government revenue, lenders and shareholders in the Telecom market in India has been hit badly, and the reported debt that the sector is facing has been valued at Rs 3.5 lakh crore. By: FE Online | Published: March 27, 2017 2:29 PM. 246. Shares.and more »
- Vocus offloads 3.6pc stake in Macquarie Telecom
Listed telecommunications company Vocus has offloaded a 3.6 per cent stake in Macquarie Telecom for $40.87 million. Vocus (VOC) sold the shares Monday night through Bell Securities at $12.20 each, below the company's $13 closing share price.
Follow @Telecom_NewsUS on Twitter!