- German shipowner and manager reports EUR 341m in red ink for 2016.
- Cox to put the Matt in Matson with consolidation of chief executive and chairman jobs after retirement of Walter Dods.
- UPDATE: After judge declines to issue immediate restraining order, John Fredriksen tanker owner to do battle at 17 May hearing with DHT and BW.
- Hamburg-based owner touts 'positive developments' as it looks to grow its maritime business.
- New York-listed tanker and boxship owner sees revenue rise thanks to fleet expansion.
- Addition of $24m kamsarmax comes as owner sets for wave of deliveries after spending spree.
- Cruiseship giant exceeds expectations in the first quarter and prepares to repurchase $500m of shares.
- Indonesia gives go-ahead for lightering of tanker stuck since 12 April.
- Estonia wants to sell off stake in ferry and port company.
- CoscoCS financial leasing company benefited from lower costs in first quarter.
- Canary Islands port turns away Lebanese vessel Polaris-2.
- Failed Singapore boxship trust hands over cash to syndicate of its lenders.
- Diversified owner sees red as it relies on dry bulk recovery to improve its future results.
- World's biggest tanker owner sees earnings dip after bulker operations sold last year.
- Boxship owner says revenue for the first quarter will be 6.4% higher as total volumes increase.
- The Tribune
India, Cyprus sign 4 agreements on merchant shipping, air services
President Pranab Mukherjee and PM Narendra Modi with Cyprus President Nicos Anastasiades. Tribune photo: Manas Ranjan Bhui. New Delhi, April 28. India and Cyprus on Friday signed four agreements, including on air services and merchant shipping, ...and more »
- Crane collapse blamed for accident involving Norwegian ship in Poland.
- WCVB Boston
Package at shipping center draws hazmat response
A Hazmat crew was called to a shipping center in East Boston early Friday when a box with a container of fuel made workers sick. Advertisement. Firefighters and hazardous materials specialists were called to 440 McClellen HIghway when fuel used for ...and more »
- Panellists discuss the sector’s shift from West to East and how Chinese banks want a piece of the ‘whole supply chain’
- South Korean shipbuilder records stronger bottom line in opening three months of 2017.
- Offshore giant wins mooring installation contract set to commence this summer.
- One of Japan’s “Big Three” swings to a loss due to weak shipping markets.
- Japanese owner hammered by weaker markets as revenue declines.
- Danish line reveals cost of 130-boxship acquisition.
- Restructuring Korean yard adds first newbuildings in over a year.
- Angeliki Frangou-led firms continue to take an interest in distressed Singapore business trusts.
- Splash 247
Port of Palm Beach signs new 10-year contract with Tropical ...
The Port of Palm Beach, Florida, has signed a new 10-year deal with its largest tenant, Tropical Shipping of Riviera Beach, Florida. Tropical Shipping is a ...
Port of Palm Beach and Tropical Shipping finalise new long-term ...Ship Technologyall 4 news articles »
- Fuel supplier delivers profit slump as marine earnings slip below expectations.
- PC Gamer
WD starts shipping 12TB helium filled hard drive
Running low on storage space? WD aims to solve that problem in spades with its new 12-freaking-terabyte HGST Ultrastar He12 hard drive. it is intended for enterprise deployment but could just as easily be slapped into a consumer PC (assuming you can ...
Western Digital Begins Shipping A 12TB Hard DriveUbergizmoall 5 news articles »
- KVIA El Paso
ONLY ON ABC-7: More shipping container structures being built in El Paso
KVIA El Paso
ABC-7 asked city officials about code compliance and where the line is drawn between being trendy or trashy. On El Paso's west side off of Mesa Street they're stacked and painted. In downtown they make a spot for a sip of coffee. On the east side they ...
- Indonesian terminal says its ability to handle 18,000-teu ships will transform regional trade.
- WBAP News/Talk
Developers Break Ground on Office Park Made From Shipping Containers
FORT WORTH (WBAP/KLIF News) – Developers for the Connex Office Park in Fort Worth broke ground Thursday on an office building that will be made from shipping containers. It's a concept developed by Matthias and Jie Melchiors, who are the partners ...
- Courthouse News Service
Orcas Threatened by Maritime Shipping Plan, Tribes Say
Courthouse News Service
orcas in the ocean SEATTLE (CN) – The U.S. Coast Guard's failure to consult federal fisheries managers on a shipping-traffic plan that includes a significant ...and more »
- Dutch offshore heavyweight Coco Vroon says speculative purchasing of laid-up assets by inexperienced operators is a potential issue for the offshore market
- Amazon Sued Over 'Bullying' Shipping Cos., Unpaid Fees - Law360
Law360, San Francisco (April 27, 2017, 4:28 PM EDT) -- Central Freight Lines Inc. hit Amazon Fulfillment Services Inc. with a suit in California federal court on ...and more »
- European bank provides cash for newbuilding programme as New York-listed shipowner picks up three containerships.
- Oslo-listed shipping conglomerate expects $150m annual boost from Drew Marine Technical Services.
- LNG and LPG shipping units also see operating profit fall from year ago.
- Analyst says 'tanker king's' hot pursuit of DHT a sign of recovery as Euronav boss stresses 'only way is up' for tanker values.
- CBS DFW
Office Park Made From Shipping Containers
A collection of 40 shipping containers will be pieced together to create a unique kind of office space that is also good for the environment. Program: CBS 11 News Mid-day. Categories: News Financial News General Local News KTVTTV. Share ...
- George Economou-led shipowner completes balance sheet 'transformation'.
- Logistics company enters into new agreement with Chinese giant’s Ningbo Xinyang Shipping.
- Vernicos, Karapiperis and Lyboussakis will keep working together under the Aegean Tugs brand name.
- LNG carrier owner benefits from drop down and lower operating costs during quarter.
- No injuries reported after Black Sea accident involving livestock carrier.
- Naval intelligence vessel sinks following an incident earlier today in foggy Turkish waters.
- Icelandic container line buys Rimar Consultants in New Jersey.
Sino-Global Enters into Strategic Cooperation Agreement with Ningbo Xinyang Shipping Co., Ltd - PR Newswire (press release)CNA Finance (press release)
Sino-Global Enters into Strategic Cooperation Agreement with Ningbo Xinyang Shipping Co., Ltd
PR Newswire (press release)
ROSLYN, N.Y., April 27, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Sino-Global Shipping America, Ltd. (NASDAQ: SINO) ("Sino-Global", the "Company" or "we"), a non-asset based global shipping and freight logistic integrated solution provider, today announced the signing of a ...
Sino-Global Shipping America (SINO) Stock: Gaining On Collaboration AgreementCNA Financ
- George Economou-led company thought to have extended its acquisition drive.
- US Postal Service Blocks Pot Farm From Shipping Tax Money
U.S. News & World Report
An Alaska marijuana retailer's tax payment has been sent back to the business after the U.S. Postal Service refused to ship the money. | April 27, 2017, at 11:53 a.m.. MORE. LinkedIn · StumbleUpon · Google +; Cancel. US Postal Service Blocks Pot Farm ...and more »
Follow @Shipping_NewsUS on Twitter!