- Top Priority Sector: cyber_securityImage Caption: TemskeNEW YORK Jan. 17, 2017 Since the starting point for all enterprise connectivity is the Domain Name System (DNS), doesn't it make sense to secure the DNS when providing enterprise cybersecurity? It's estimated that 97 percent of all attacks involve DNS in some capacity, so the ability for DNS to play a role in security is extensive. By taking an umbrella approach to enterprise security using a secure DNS, CIOs and CISOs can effecti
- Top Priority Sector: cyber_securityImage Caption: LetsovWOBURN, MA Jan. 12, 2017 Kaspersky Lab today announced the global availability of Kaspersky Threat Lookup – a security intelligence service aimed at enhancing enterprise incident response and cybersecurity forensics capabilities. This always-on web service helps businesses to properly analyze digital evidence in light of a security incident and obtain the insights needed to speed up detection and remediation.Homepage positio
- Top Priority Sector: cyber_securityImage Caption: DeaverSAN DIEGO Jan. 16, 2017 Certitude Digital, Inc. announced today the release of a proof of concept application demonstrating their patent-pending, keyless, asset-centric, digital security AMULET technology to protect intellectual property in any digital form across any operating system or device.Homepage position: 1read more
- Top Priority Sector: cyber_securityImage Caption: SkerlyPHOENIX Jan. 16, 2017 Threats from hackers and insiders who want access to precious data from companies are too many to mention. That’s why CyberTrails has built a team of cyber security professionals, tools and techniques to help prevent data from getting in the wrong hands. CyberTrails is announcing a full range of cyber security offerings including assessments and 24/7 monitoring to assist in securing online environments.
- Top Priority Sector: cyber_securityHERNDON, VA Jan. 17, 2016 According to Deltek's new GovWin IQ report – Defense IT: Priorities and Strategies, 2017 and Beyond – rapidly shifting cyber threats are driving the Department of Defense's implementation of the new Joint Information Environment (JIE). The JIE will address key vulnerabilities in Department of Defense (DoD) IT infrastructure, enabling it to take advantage of emerging capabilities in cloud computing, cybersecurity, big d
- Top Priority Sector: cyber_securityALEXANDRIA, VA Jan. 17, 2017 – (ISC)²® has appointed Leo F. Scanlon, CISSP, as co-chair of the (ISC)² U.S. Government Advisory Council (USGAC). Mr. Scanlon is the Deputy CISO, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and is the agency Senior Cybersecurity Advisor for the Healthcare Sector. Mr. Scanlon will take on the role of council co-chair, a position previously held by Peter Gouldmann, CISSP, PMP, CISM, enterprise risk officer,
- The Aoba Velox-III is equipped with special thrusters that let it remain in orbit for six months, double the normal length of time a satellite would be expected to last.
- Top Priority Sector: communicationsSAN DIEGO Jan. 18, 2017 LRAD Corporation (NASDAQ: LRAD), the world’s leading provider of acoustic hailing devices (“AHDs”) and advanced mass notification systems, today announced the release of the LRAD 1950XL, the newest addition to the Company's enhanced XL AHD product line. The LRAD 1950XL is powered by the Company's patent pending XL driver technology, which generates higher audio output in a smaller and lighter form factor.Homepage p
- Top Priority Sector: military_force_protectionImage Caption: RadfordLONDON, Jan. 18, 2017 The AUDS counter-UAS defence system - field proven to detect, track and defeat malicious and errant unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) or drones - is the first fully integrated system worldwide to achieve TRL-9 status. This follows the successful mission deployment of the AUDS system with United States Forces (see link to press release below).http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/liteye-and-tribalc
- Top Priority Sector: disaster_preparedness_emergency_responseImage Caption: MartinCHICAGO Jan. 17, 2017 Solacom Technologies, a leading Next Generation 9-1-1 solutions developer, and RapidSOS, an advanced emergency technology company, today announced a strategic partnership to provide public safety agencies with enhanced information on 9-1-1 calls from smartphones. Through this partnership, Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs) that use Solacom’s Guardian NG9-1-1 Controller will
- By Sijia Jiang HONG KONG (Reuters) - Chinese smartphone maker Coolpad, part of the LeEco technology conglomerate, said six employees had been detained by authorities, accused of infringing the intellectual property rights of their former employer Huawei Technologies [HWT.UL]. The official Securities Times reported on Wednesday that the former Huawei engineers and designers had been detained for leaking company secrets to LeEco and Coolpad. The employees' lawyers and families say none of them too
- Top Priority Sector: law_enforcement_first_respondersSCOTTSDALE, AZ Jan. 17, 2017 TASER International (NASDAQ: TASR) today announced the receipt of an order for 930 TASER X26P™ Smart Weapons for New South Wales Police, 800 X26s for the Queensland Police Service, and 855 TASER® X2™ Smart Weapons for the New Zealand Police.These orders were received and shipped in the fourth quarter of 2016.Homepage position: 1read more
- Top Priority Sector: law_enforcement_first_respondersOCEANSIDE, CA Jan. 17, 2017 FoxFury Lighting Solutions, innovator of portable and all-weather lighting tools, will be exhibiting a newly updated line of Taker series shield lights at the NSSF SHOT Show in Las Vegas, NV. FoxFury will also be displaying its cordless production and scene lighting along with its new ballistic and riot shield lights in booth #20458.FoxFury's lighting tools are used by law enforcement, SWAT, military, first res
- Top Priority Sector: law_enforcement_first_respondersST. CHARLES, MO Jan. 18, 2017 Propper International has expanded its comprehensive line of body armor and accessories for 2017 with the addition of new tactical vests and pouches for maximum mission effectiveness. In addition, they are offering faster turnaround on orders by stocking many of the most commonly requested products.InventoryHomepage position: 1read more
- Facebook CEO says be a friend and have a shared vision, but scare them when you have to and move fast.
- A little satellite can make big waves.
- For the third year in a row, global temperatures continued to rise, once again breaking the record.
- This magnificent photograph celebrates the seventh landing of a reusable rocket.
- Blizzard's new merch merges a legend of board gaming with a legend of online gaming.
- Nintendo officially announces its newest mobile game, and this time around, Android and iOS will get a simultaneous launch.
- The streaming service is finding that shows produced abroad catch on at home. It's one of the surprising nuggets that helped fuel a strong fourth quarter.
- The popular smartphone game hits Android devices three months after its iOS debut.
- Discover the hidden secrets of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Hollywood in a new video.
- The veteran of stage, screen, "Star Trek" and "X-Men" has been cast to voice the most notorious of all emojis. No, not the peach that looks like a butt.
- The president tells reporters that he doesn't think commuting document-leaker Manning's sentence sends a message that the US will tolerate similar crimes.
- In an open letter, almost 80 advocacy groups say the social network needs to be more transparent about its censorship decisions.
- Commentary: Some foreigners have been confused by signage on Japan's loos, which do far more than flush.So its sanitation industry comes up with standardized icons.
- DAVOS, Switzerland (AP) — The latest on the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland (all times local):
- Keon wiggles his splendid tail all the way into the latest Guinness World Records book.
- Share a split second with "Split" director M. Night Shyamalan and star Anya Taylor-Joy.
- The OhRoma mask features scents like "body odor," "panties" and "fragrances."
- Andy Weir has taken us to Mars and back, twice. Now he's looking to bring more life in space with a CBS television show.
- Originally meant for emerging markets, the budget phones might be heading Stateside.
- A young man, his cat and his mom make for a strangely compelling video showing a neck-breaking challenge.
- It's about time. The collaboration tool gets the highly-requested ability to group related message replies together.
- In court, Palmer Luckey gives details about the early efforts of his VR startup, which soon enough got Facebook to buy it for $3 billion.
- Jay Y. Lee has been accused of using bribery in exchange for political favors.
- Oracle says the lawsuit is politically motivated. The Department of Labor notes that government contracts could be at stake.
- DAVOS, Switzerland (AP) — The Latest on the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland (all times local):
- Security researchers have described what they consider to be "the first Mac malware of 2017." It has a simple structure and includes some antiquated code; but nevertheless appears to have existed undetected for some time -- perhaps even several years -- while possibly targeting biomedical research institutions.
- A recently observed malware distribution campaign has been specifically devised to target users of the Chrome browser on Windows-based computers, Proofpoint security researchers warn.read more
- For the 10th anniversary of the Pwn2Own hacking contest, Trend Micro and the Zero Day Initiative (ZDI) have introduced new exploit categories and they are prepared to offer more than $1 million worth of prizes.
- The United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT) has issued a warning after the threat group calling itself Shadow Brokers has offered to sell what it claims to be a zero-day exploit targeting the Server Message Block (SMB) network file sharing protocol.
- The infamous Carbanak malware is now capable of using Google services for command and control (C&C) communication, Forcepoint security researchers warn.
- Gaining and retaining security talent is a major headache for almost all security leaders -- indeed, the consensus is that the world is suffering under a chronic security skills gap. But most of the evidence for this skills gap is empirical; there is little hard evidence in facts and figures.
- The new year is only a couple of weeks old and there have already been several ICS related security incidents in the news. The media often sensationalizes these incidents. This is creating hype and growing worldwide awareness and concern over the threat of cyber attacks against industrial and critical physical infrastructures. I believe that 2017 will be the year ICS security becomes a mainstream media topic.
- Oracle on Tuesday released its first Critical Patch Update (CPU) for 2017. The software update addresses 270 security issues across its products, 121 of which were found in Oracle E-Business Suite.
- Top Priority Sector: federal_agencies_legislativeImage Caption: ManningBy Steve Bittenbender
Editor, Government Security NewsPresident Obama saved one of his most controversial decisions for one of his last, commuting the sentence Tuesday of a soldier convicted of sharing hundreds of thousands of sensitive documents with journalists and the organization WikiLeaks.Homepage position: 1read more
- Top Priority Sector: access_control_identificationImage Caption: WidingAUSTIN, TX Jan. 11, 2017 HID Global®, a worldwide leader in trusted identity solutions, forecasts a shift in the use of identity technology that will lead to increased adoption of mobile devices and the latest smart card technology, a greater emphasis and reliance on the cloud, and a radical new way of thinking of trust in smart environments and Internet of Things (IoT).Homepage position: 1read more
- Top Priority Sector: access_control_identificationImage Caption: MangoFAIRFAX, VA Jan. 17, 2017 CGI (NYSE: GIB) (TSX: GIB.A) today announced it has been awarded a task order by the General Services Administration's Federal Acquisition Service (GSA FAS) on behalf of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The Credential Management Task Order provides identity management services for 26 federal agencies. Issued under the Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) Continuous Moni
Follow @newloc_security on Twitter!