- 7-Eleven is unifying its POS solutions across the chain with its latest partnership. See who the retailer selected as its exclusive POS provider.
- Hear CEO Craig Jelinek and EVP of merchandising Ron Vachris discuss the virtues of Costco's old-school approach to merchandising and why data doesn't necessarily rule the day.
- Dan Little, Nordstrom’s chief information officer, will retire this fall, amidst other changes in its tech leadership.
- Walmart has pursued a strategy whose focus includes creating value for business and society via the three pillars. Find out what those pillars are and how that came about in this NRF keynote recap.
- Retailers scrambling to keep up with the industry leaders that are often defined as the ‘most innovative’ need to look at their whole business model on ways to innovate. Here are a three examples.
Some James Island neighbors wary about plans for restaurant, retail project - Charleston Post CourierCharleston Post Courier
Some James Island neighbors wary about plans for restaurant, retail project
Charleston Post Courier
This lot at a corner of Maybank Highway and Riverland Drive is the site of a proposed restaurant and retail commercial development. Prentiss Findlay/staff. prev. next. A vacant lot at a corner of Woodland Shores Road and Maybank Highway could be the ...
Albertans' retail spending still outpaces the rest of Canada, despite downturn
Despite the downturn, Alberta still tops the country when it comes to retail sales. New numbers from Statistics Canada show Albertans are spending less than they used to, but they are still out-shopping other Canadians. Albertans' earnings fall but ...
- Cy-Fair's top retail developments pick up steam to close out 2016
Community Impact Newspaper
Nine dining options and 11 businesses opened in The Boardwalk at Towne Lake in 2016. Courtesy Caldwell Companies. By Shawn Arrajj and Danica Smithwick| Posted Jan. 21, 2017 Jan 20, 2017 at 8:00 am. Email · Share. copy. Progress accelerated at ...and more »
- Minneapolis Star Tribune
North Loop becoming the place to be for retail
Minneapolis Star Tribune
AARON LAVINSKY - Star Tribune 2nd and Washington avenues N. in the North Loop neighborhood on a quiet Saturday afternoon. The stores often are a destination for weekend shoppers. Text size. comment. share. tweet. email. Print. more. Share on: Share ...
- Liverpool Echo
Pop-up restaurants for Speke retail park
A Speke retail park could soon become home to new “pop up” restaurants and shops while a massive expansion gets under way. The owners of New Mersey Retail Park won planning permission in 2015 for a large expansion, including an 11-screen cinema ...and more »
American Apparel rapidly grew its retail footprint. Did that strategy contribute to its collapse? - Los Angeles TimesLos Angeles Times
American Apparel rapidly grew its retail footprint. Did that strategy contribute to its collapse?
Los Angeles Times
American Apparel opened its first stores in 2003, with locations in Echo Park, New York and Montreal. Within three years, it had mushroomed into a global chain with more than 140 locations in 11 countries. By 2009, that figure had doubled to 281 stores.
Inauguration: A retail bonanza
Friday's inauguration might mark the final end of the long election season, but it's just a moment in time for the madness — merchandise madness, that is. In a phenomenon as American as apple pie, elections propel the buying of stuff. You can still ...
- Retail rising: Training program aims to professionalize the field
The National Retail Federation Foundation is introducing a job-training program. The idea is to help retail employees do a better job and for the rest of us to better understand and appreciate retail work. But more training isn't all that retail ...and more »
- Press Herald
Hallowell takes wait-and-see approach on retail pot sales
Members of a marijuana task force agree there is no sense in doing anything until they know what the state's going to do. By Jason Pafundi Central Maine. Follow on Facebook · Follow on Twitter · Email Writer · 207-621-5663. Share. facebook · tweet · email.and more »
- Reno Gazette Journal
Solari: The Great Retail Reduction and what it means for Northern Nevada
Reno Gazette Journal
Brick-and-mortar retail stores are going through a prolonged contraction — one that will shrink both the number and size of storefronts across the nation over the next decade. This trend is having far-reaching effects on everything from employment and ...
- Jim Cramer Is No Fan of Retail Stocks in the Age of Amazon
Jim Cramer doesn't like retail and he doesn't like health care stocks. Here's why. Amanda Schiavo. Follow. Jan 20, 2017 11:53 AM EST. TheStreet's Jim Cramer discussed retail stocks from the floor of the New York Stock Exchange on Friday morning. "Look ...and more »
- Insurance Journal
Massachusetts Court Reminds Auto Insurers of Importance of Retail Book Value
A Massachusetts appeals court used a recent case to warn auto insurers that it is important to take retail book value into consideration early in the settlement process. While the court ruled in favor of defendant Massachusetts Homeland Insurance ...
- Wall Street Journal
Canada Retail Sales Advance 0.2% in November
Wall Street Journal
OTTAWA—Canadian retail sales in November edged upward, falling short of expectations, as a gain in vehicle sales wasn't enough to offset broad-based weakness. The value of retail sales rose 0.2% in November to a seasonally adjusted 45.23 billion ...
Canada retail sales edge up in Nov on auto salesReuters
Canadian retail sales, consumer price index data see weak resultsThe Globe and Mail
U.K. Retail-Sales Slump Hints at Cracks in Brexit Boom
A crowd of pedestrians and shoppers walk on Oxford Street, in London, U.K., on Friday, Nov. 25, 2016. Photographer: Luke MacGregor. U.K. Chancellor of the Exchequer Philip Hammond told a Davos gathering on Friday that an inflation pickup will put a ...and more »
Debrett's 500 List: Retail
Matthew Barnes has been chief executive at Aldi since 2010, taking sole charge in 2015 when his co-chief executive Roman Heini stepped down. Regarded as one of the biggest threats to the 'big four' British supermarkets, Aldi now receives a million ...
UK retail sales slow at fastest rate since 2012
LONDON--U.K. retail sales slowed at the fastest monthly rate in nearly five years in December, data showed Friday, signaling Britons may have become less keen to part with their cash as the year drew to a close. The retail sector contracted by 1.9 ...
Retail sales disappoint in December as prices begin to climbTelegraph.co.uk
UK retail sales slump in December as inflation bitesThe Guardian
Brexit latest: UK retail sales
- Amazon inspires 'oh shit' moment in the retail world - CNET
The Amazon Go brick-and-mortar concept has spooked retailers looking to tech to get you back in their stores.and more »
- An outlook towards traditional loyalty programs and how retailers can benefit from the new age digital loyalty, an integration of the physical and digital worlds.
Retail Takes Another Hit: BCBG Plans Store Closures
BCBG Max Azria Group is looking to restructure its debt load and close certain stores as retailers struggle to boost comparable store sales. Lindsay Rittenhouse. Follow. Jan 19, 2017 2:39 PM EST. BCBG Max Azria Group is exploring options to shutter ...and more »
- Chicago Tribune
Robots, personalization, customization: Retail technology to watch
In the shoe store of the future, the sales associate asking if you need help might be a wide-eyed, child-sized robot quizzing you on your preferences and displaying suggestions on a touch screen on its chest. If you go to the store, that is — you ...
- National Real Estate Investor
Five Major Trends That Will Shape Retail Real Estate in 2017
National Real Estate Investor
This holiday shopping season seemed to be a decent one for the retail sector, with the Thomson Reuters Same-Store Sales Index posting a 2.4 percent increase for December, above expectations. Healthy same-store sales growth notwithstanding, there is a ...
Retail Bulls Get Slaughtered
The bulls in the retail sector over the past year got another disappointment with weak sales during the holiday season. As I recently pointed out to my Dohmen Capital clients, Wall Street analysts were bullish on retail late last year, predicting that ...
- Chicago Tribune
In some Chicago neighborhoods, retail needs to follow rooftops ...
Some of Chicago's low- and even moderate-income neighborhoods have plenty of residents but enjoy scant retail options.and more »
National Retail Federation Influencer On 6 Things Retail Is Doing Right (And Wrong)
Ask global retail consultant Wendy Liebmann to name the retail industry's person of the year, and she'll say it's the one holding the credit card. Retail is shifting to a shopper-based model, the way she sees it. And those merchants that cling to the ...
- Mirasol development would bring retail, housing to 211
BRUNSWICK COUNTY -- No doubt motorists on N.C. 211 in Brunswick County have wondered what's going on with the huge cleared piece of land on the north side of the road with a mountain of earth piled up. If a Florida developer is successful, the site, ...
Retail Clinic Use Soars But Not For Obamacare Patients
Americans with employer-based health coverage are flocking to retail clinics run by retailers such as CVS Health and Walgreens, but Obamacare patients are taking to these low-cost centers at a slower pace, an analysis of claims by the Blue Cross and ...and more »
- Seeking Alpha
More Severe Pain Coming For Retail Stores This Month?
We encourage investors to take a look at retail names they may own that haven't reported yet. We talk about four things we look for in a good retail investment here. By Parke Shall. It's only 7:30AM here in Manhattan and already two retailers have come ...
- NRF's annual expo is called the Big Show for a reason, no matter how hard you try you just can't see it all. Check out the news, trends and sessions that were all the rage at this year's show and catch up on what you might have missed.
- The grocery giant's latest tech deployment will greatly enhance product discovery and allow the retailer to evaluate new and emerging products. Learn the details.
SUPERVALU Names Anne Dament as Its Senior Vice President of Retail, Merchandising and Marketing - Business Wire (press release)Business Wire (press release)
SUPERVALU Names Anne Dament as Its Senior Vice President of Retail, Merchandising and Marketing
Business Wire (press release)
SUPERVALU names Anne Dament as its Senior Vice President of Retail, Merchandising and Marketing. (Photo: Business Wire). Download ???pagination.previous??? ???pagination.next??? SUPERVALU names Anne Dament as its Senior Vice President of ...and more »
- Retail POS Terminals Market to Hit $45bn by 2024: Global Market Insights Inc.
The report "Retail POS Terminals Market Size By Product (Mobile, Fixed), By Services (Professional services, Support & Maintenance, Training), By Component (Software, Hardware), By Application (Department Store, Supermarket/Hypermarket, Warehouse, ...and more »
lawmakers weigh calls to delay retail sales of marijuana
Legalization advocates say nine months should be enough time to develop regulations, but supporters of a moratorium want to give the state until February 2018. By Kevin Miller Staff Writer. Follow on Twitter · Email Writer · 207-791-6312. Share. facebook.
Public hearing on moratorium extension of retail sale of recreational pot TuesdayWCSH6.comall 12 news articles »
- More retail, restaurants coming to Batavia
The Daily News Online
The site plan presented to town of Batavia planning board members Tuesday for the area east of Home Depot on Veterans Memorial Drive would have two 8,000 to 10,000 square foot retail and restaurant clusters.
Wal-Mart to add about 10000 retail jobs in the US
NEW YORK (AP) — Wal-Mart plans to add about 10,000 retail jobs in the U.S. as it opens new stores and expands existing locations. The world's biggest retailer said Tuesday that its plans will also generate about 24,000 construction jobs. The jobs will ...
Wal-Mart plans to add about 10000 retail jobs this yearLos Angeles Times
Wal-Mart planning to add about 10000 retail jobs in U.S.Indianapolis Busines
Retail group launches training for entry-level job seekers
NEW YORK — Trying to stem high turnover in store jobs, nonprofit groups and chains such as Wal-Mart, Home Depot and the Home Shopping Network are launching a program to help people develop the skills to land entry-level jobs and advance in a retail ...
Wal-Mart adding 10000 retail jobsArkansas Onlineall 28 news articles »
- Anniston Star
Anniston council approves incentives for proposed hotel, retail space
Although renovated since it was originally built at 1200 Noble Street, the structure on the left, above, dates to 1954. A private company proposes to tear it down and put up a hotel. prev. next. By Eddie Burkhalter, Star Staff Writer, eburkhalter ...and more »
- Sioux Falls Argus Leader
Retail crime a growing problem, threat for businesses
Sioux Falls Argus Leader
The calls from business owners come early and often to emergency dispatchers in Sioux Falls. About every two hours, every day, Sioux Falls police respond to businesses that have become victims of a crime. The cases they investigate are wide-ranging: ...and more »
- Retail in Demand: There's hope in The Andersons employees job search
According to the Toledo Chamber of Commerce, retail jobs are the second highest jobs in demand in Northwest Ohio, which should benefit employees in their job search. Last November the Toledo Regional Chamber of Commerce collected data ...
- Rugged computer manufacturer Juniper Systems Limited has announced that its new CT7G Rugged Tablet is in production and now shipping.
- Xerox has the most comprehensive and modular portfolio of services for channel partners in Europe, making it a clear market leader in channel managed print services (MPS), according to research firm Quocirca's latest report.
- Economic Populist
December Retail Sales Soar on Autos
December 2016 retail sales increased by 0.6% and are up a whopping 4.1% from a year ago. November's retail sales were revised to a 0.2% monthly increase. The reason for December's gain were automobile sales, online sales and gas. Auto sales blew ...and more »
- Datalogic has announced that PayPoint has chosen the Heron barcode scanner for its PayPoint One EPoS platform.
- Mahindra Comviva, the provider mobility solutions, has been positioned in the prestigious Gartner Market Guide for Digital Wallet Solutions for its mobiquity platform.
- By Russell Pierpoint, Managing Director at Evolved Media Solutions.The number of digital assets a retailer has to manage today is breathtaking, often running into many millions of items.
- Tyco Retail Solutions unveiled its portfolio of IoT-enabled solutions providing real-time in-store visibility and predictive analytics to help drive sales, improve operations and deliver a differentiated brand experience at the NRF Big Show and Expo 2017, January 15-17 in New York.
Follow @Retail_News_US on Twitter!