MOVES-Aviva Investors expands real estate funds team
Jan 11 Aviva Investors, the asset management business of Aviva Plc, appointed Kris McPhail as assistant fund manager on the Lime Property Fund. The Lime Property Fund invests in a wide range of long-lease assets including healthcare, offices ...and more »
- Old Republic International Corporation’s Title Insurance earnings performed well in the first quarter 2017, far outpacing last year's first quarter. On the other side, the company’s mortgage insurance business didn’t perform as well, falling from the same period a year ago.
- Pending home sales dipped slightly in March as low levels of housing inventory created a strain on the market. Low inventory levels are not only holding back home prices, but also creating more competition and increasing home prices. The National Association of Realtors forecasts the rate of home sales for 2017.
- Mortgage rates increased this week after several weeks of declines. It is now once again above the 4% mark. Freddie Mac explains the housing market still continues to be strong, despite the shifting interest rates.
- Homeowners are hitting decade highs in their accrued equity, as it increased by 24% since the time of purchase to the first quarter in 2017. And not only are equities rising, but also the amount of time homeowners spend in their home. ATTOM Data Solutions explains why.
- The Republican-led Financial CHOICE Act started its long journey through Congress to try and replace the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act on Wednesday. House Financial Services Committee Chairman Jeb Hensarling, R-TX, formally introduced the Financial CHOICE Act and the Committee held its first hearing on the bill. Ready. Set. Go.
- It seems that can’t more than a few minutes without seeing an ad from Quicken Loans, as the company pushes its Rocket Mortgage more and more into the mainstream. Now the company will have a new person shepherding those ubiquitous marketing efforts, as Quicken Loans announced recently that Casey Hurbris is joining the online lender to serve as the company’s chief marketing officer.
- Primary Residential Mortgage Inc. expanded its territory in Florida with its newest branch opening in Miami. The new location is complete with a new team of mortgage insurance professionals, including its new branch manager who brings 31 years of experience with her.
- via News | RISMediaBuying real estate in your student’s college town can be a short-term vehicle for savings and a long-term vehicle for investment.
Realtor.com® recently ranked the cities best for both, factoring in monthly mortgage payments (based on a 20 percent down payment) and other housing costs such as insurance and property taxes, and monthly rental costs.
“College tuition in the U.S. has increased more than 60 percent over the last 10 years,” says Javier Vivas, manager of Econo
- The tale of the government’s pursuit of former Jefferies managing director and mortgage-backed securities trader Jesse Litvak may finally be coming to a close. More than three years after first being convicted, Litvak has been sentenced to a two-year prison term, again.
- via News | RISMediaEditor’s Note: This is part of a monthly video series from the National Association of REALTORS® to inform and educate members about important aspects of being a real estate professional. Watch for this series each month in RISMedia’s Daily e-News.
Watch the new Window to the Law video from the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) to learn more about the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s recent consent orders with two real estate brokerage firms for RESPA violat
- A Delaware mortgage loan officer ran a Ponzi scheme that bilked more than $1.69 million out of investors who thought they were investing in a “highly successful” mortgage business, the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Delaware Department of Justice claim in new legal filings.
- Cara Krause, an experienced industry veteran, will handle business development and client management for new lender clients in the Northeast region.
- With or without President Donald Trump, the housing market must go on. So as the world continues to tune in to Trump, HousingWire took a break to zero in on what we know best: housing. Three experts joined HousingWire on a webinar on Wednesday to discuss what’s next for housing and the mortgage nation.
- Ocwen Financial is pulling a PHH. Just as PHH did recently, Ocwen is playing the unconstitutional card in its fight against the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, asking the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida to declare the CFPB unconstitutional and toss out the CFPB’s lawsuit against the company.
- The generational divide between Millennials and older generations such as Gen Xers, Baby Boomers and even the Silent Generation continues to grow. A new study from Trulia, however, shows we may not be that different after all.
- Wednesday is a big day for the Trump administration. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and White House chief economic advisor Gary Cohn unveiled their much-anticipated tax reform plan. But first, Mnuchin gave a sneak preview of what to expect in an interview Wednesday morning.
- Today’s mortgage lenders are dealing with their own gauntlet of chaos that is testing the bounds of their “crews” – that is, their C-level executives. New regulations and overregulation, hyper competition and rising rates have created an abundance of uncertainty in the marketplace. Little wonder, then, that lenders are so focused on shoring up their top teams for success. But what does it take to get to the C-Suite?
- HUD Secretary Ben Carson is embarking on the latest stop for his national listening tour – Columbus,Ohio. Carson will spend Wednesday, Thursday and Friday listening to various organizations from the community. Here’s more on the secretary’s tour, and his schedule this week.
Columbus-area Real Estate Developer to Revitalize the Marina District and Former Colony Neighborhood in West Toledo - 13abc Action News13abc Action News
Columbus-area Real Estate Developer to Revitalize the Marina District and Former Colony Neighborhood in West Toledo
13abc Action News
TOLEDO (13abc Action News) - According to a news release from Promedica Columbus-based Continental Real Estate Companies has announced plans to help revitalize the Marina District in downtown Toledo and the former Colony neighborhood adjacent ...and more »
- Ellwood City Resident Becomes Overnight Real Estate Mongual
After realizing the devastating financial effects all the local vacant properties would have on the Borough, Christina Hoffmeier of Hoffmier Holdings LLC, a family owned and operated company, was determined to make a difference in the local real estate ...
Real Living Real Estate Recognized as 'Real Estate Agency Brand of the Year' in 2017 Harris Poll EquiTrend® Study - Yahoo FinanceReal Living Real Estate Recognized as 'Real Estate Agency Brand of the Year' in 2017 Harris Poll EquiTrend® Study
Real Living Real Estate, a real estate brokerage network operated by HSF Affiliates LLC, today announced it was recognized as “Real Estate Agency Brand of the Year” and “Most Trusted” real estate brand in the 29th annual Harris Poll EquiTrend® study.and more »
Dallas' booming real estate has put homes out of reach for many and eroded our competitive edge - Dallas NewsDallas News
Dallas' booming real estate has put homes out of reach for many and eroded our competitive edge
Soaring home values in the Dallas area have lifted the net worth of thousands of families. But for many renters and others on the outside, a new home in Dallas is now beyond their financial reach. That's discouraging for entry-level buyers, and it ...
- Singapore Real-Estate M&A Activity Set to Heat Up
Deal activity among publicly listed real-estate firms in Singapore looks set to accelerate as attractive valuations and expectations for a recovery in the property market drive investor interest. Continue Reading Below. Property firms and real-estate ...
- KKR Real Estate Finance Trust to offer 10 million shares in IPO
KKR Real Estate Finance Trust Inc. KREF, +0.00% unveiled Wednesday the launch of its initial public offering, in which it will sell 10 million shares priced in a range of $20.50 to $21.50. The company, which originates and acquires senior loans secured ...
KKR Real Estate Finance Trust Inc. Announces Launch of its Initial Public OfferingBusiness Wire (press release)all 2 news articles »
- Mortgage applications continue to fluctuate and posted a slight increase, according to the latest data from the Mortgage Bankers Association’s Weekly Mortgage Applications Survey. The survey also reported that the average loan size for refinance applications increased to its highest level since September 2016. This comes after the average loan size for purchase applications reached a survey high at the start of the month.
Real Estate prices up nationally in February but not in the first quarter locally
The Standard & Poor's CoreLogic Case-Shiller national home price index shows a 5.8 percent spike in February, the most in past few years. But in Santa Barbara John Bahura of Village Properties said Santa Barbara South Coast home prices have dipped a ...
- Great Falls Tribune
Russell Country credit union hires new real estate lending officer
Great Falls Tribune
Russell Country credit union hires new real estate lending officer. Ozzy Dahlman joined Russell Country Federal Credit Union as the real estate lending officer. Dahlman brings 11 years of lending experience to the credit union handling conventional ...
10 Must Reads for the Commercial Real Estate Industry (April 26, 2017) - National Real Estate InvestorNational Real Estate Investor
10 Must Reads for the Commercial Real Estate Industry (April 26, 2017)
National Real Estate Investor
Forbes looks at the state of the industrial real estate market. The U.S. housing market may be over-heating, according to the Wall Street Journal. These are among today's must reads from around the commercial real estate industry. Guitar Center.and more »
- Falls Church Budget Includes 1.5 Cent Real Estate Tax Hike
The 1.5 cent tax increase will go to capital reserves for the future George Mason High School project. By Emily Leayman (Patch Staff) - April 25, 2017 10:12 pm ET. Falls Church Budget Includes 1.5 Cent Real Estate Tax Hike. FALLS CHURCH, VA -- The ...
Follow @RealEstate_Nws_ on Twitter!