MOVES-Aviva Investors expands real estate funds team
Jan 11 Aviva Investors, the asset management business of Aviva Plc, appointed Kris McPhail as assistant fund manager on the Lime Property Fund. The Lime Property Fund invests in a wide range of long-lease assets including healthcare, offices ...and more »
- State National Bank of Big Spring, Texas won’t back down easily. The bank continues to try and weigh in on the landmark case between PHH and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Despite motions from other parties being denied, Competitive Enterprise Institute General Counsel Sam Kazman said they are “cautiously optimistic” that their recent motion to intervene will be approved.
- Arizona Daily Star
Tucson Real Estate: Longtime local furniture shop expands
Arizona Daily Star
A local furniture retailer has expanded into a second site with plans to add more handcrafted Amish furniture. Brett Interiors has opened Leather Gallery by Brett Interiors at 3821 W. Costco Drive near Orange Grove and Thornydale roads.
- Denverite (blog)
The salary needed to buy Denver real estate fell — about $75
In August, you needed to earn $72,847.39 to afford a house in Denver, according to HSH.com. Now the required salary is approximately $75 less, says the outlet. The latest analysis is out! Check out the salary you must earn to buy a home in 27 metros: ...
- After being fired earlier this month for being critical of President Donald Trump during the campaign, Shermichael Singleton, who was one of Ben Carson’s top aides at HUD, went on CNN for an interview as a follow-up to his controversial op-ed. For Singleton, time has helped change his stance on Trump.
- Inside the real estate porn of 'Big Little Lies'
New York Post
Renata's (Laura Dern) mansion sits atop a hill to represent her elevated socio-economic status. Hilary Bronwyn Gayle/HBO. BLL_101_012116_HG_0055.jpg. Hilary Bronwyn Gayle/HBO. BLL_103_012016_HG_0481.jpg. Some of the sunset images in ...and more »
- Statesboro Herald
A real estate upsurge
As part of the Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices network, Kennedy Realty has global reach but continues a unique legacy of more than half a century in the local real estate business and now finds itself in a market resurging to historic highs. "We have ...and more »
- Albuquerque Journal
Future of commercial real estate: creativity
Mahela Sanguinetti, from Virginia, take a picture at Meow Wolf's House of Eternal Return in Santa Fe recently. (Eddie Moore/Albuquerque Journal). SANTA FE, N.M. — Members of the commercial real estate industry got a glimpse of the future Monday, and ...
Legislature Eyes Extra Safety Training For Real Estate Agents
ROGERS, AR. --- - NWA Realtor Kara Robinson protects herself in a number of ways while she's on the job. "I always request to have drivers license information texted to me," said Robinson. "I'll always park my car so that my drivers door can't be ...and more »
- Affordability dropped in December as rising interest rates finally took their toll on home buyers. In fact, First American’s Real House Price Index showed the first year-over year decline in consumer house buying power in over two years.
- SoFi locked in another massive funding deal, being it’s total equity funding to $1.9 billion. While the deal includes a familiar name, it’s private-equity firm Silver Lake that led the deal. Mike Cagney, SoFi co-founder, chairman, and CEO, touches on where the online lender plans to go from here.
- Daily Business Review (registration)
Real Estate, Abortion Issues Collide in Dispute Over Deed
Daily Business Review (registration)
Real estate and abortion have intersected in Florida's highest court as a neighbor in a medical complex has attempted to use a restriction in the property's deed to block Planned Parenthood from performing outpatient surgeries. It was one of several ...and more »
- REAL ESTATE - Julie Crist - Specializing in helping you find your next home!
I have been in the real estate industry for almost 15 years as a relocation specialist. I have specialized in helping first-time homebuyers and military families. Most recently I have been working with short sales and foreclosures and in the last five ...
- Existing home sales shot up in January, but don’t expect the following months to follow suite. At least, not according to Ten-X’s Nowcast prediction. And from the looks of January’s pending home sales, the report is on the right track. As one expert put it: you can’t buy a home that’s not for sale.
- Real Estate Rumors: Victor, Robins Kaplan, Copperline
Law360, Minneapolis (February 27, 2017, 3:53 PM EST) -- A joint venture of Victor Group and Lendlease has scored $369 million in financing for a condo tower project in the NoMad section of New York City, Commercial Observer reported on Sunday, citing a ...and more »
- Credit unions got looped in with the rest of the industry after the financial crisis, falling under the new industry watchdog dubbed the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to ensure such extreme lending would never happen again. The only problem is that credit unions believe they never contributed to the crisis.
Exclusive: Christie's re-enters Houston real estate market with new affiliate - Houston Business JournalHouston Business Journal
Exclusive: Christie's re-enters Houston real estate market with new affiliate
Houston Business Journal
After a long and hard search, the international brokerage has found its new Houston affiliate in Nan and Co. Properties, headed by founder, CEO and Realtor Nancy Almodovar. Nancy Almodovar, founder and Realtor with Nan & Co. Properties ...
- Norfolk investment firm sells Baltimore apartments for $247 million
An affiliate of Norfolk-based Harbor Group International has sold six apartment buildings in Baltimore for $247 million. The real estate investment firm said Monday that the sale price was nearly $50 million more than what it paid to buy and renovate ...
- Every year billionaire investor Warren Buffett releases an annual letter to Berkshire Hathaway shareholders, unraveling the inner workings of his conglomerate’s performance. The 29-page document details the status of Clayton Homes, which specializes in manufactured homes, a key industry in fixing the affordability crisis.
- Cash sales decreased annually in November at a pace which, if it continues, could bring to the market into its pre-crisis state much earlier than originally predicted. CoreLogic now forecasts that both cash and distressed sales could reach pre-crisis rates in 2017.
Real estate brokers may have finally crossed the line with 'SoHa'
Harlem's gentrification and increasing real estate prices aren't news at this point, but a local community board thinks certain real estate brokers have crossed a line. Keller Williams has reportedly created a separate office for “SoHa,” their new ...
Jared Kushner To Keep Some Real Estate, Courts Conflict Of Interest Questions
Donald Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, key White House advisor to the new president, will not entirely divest from his family's vast real estate empire, ProPublica reported Friday. According to ProPublica's report, based on documents released to the ...
- Trump is making good on his promises to cut back on regulatory reform, stating that Dodd-Frank hinders banks from lending. However, not everyone agrees with the president, saying the numbers simply don’t support his claim.
- Poland's Griffin Real Estate plans spin-off IPO -sources
WARSAW/FRANFURT, Feb 27 (Reuters) - Poland-based Griffin Real Estate plans to sell part of its asset portfolio in an initial public offering (IPO) worth about 150 million euros ($159 million) to be announced within days, market sources said. Griffin ...and more »
- North Bay Business Journal
North Bay commercial real estate transactions: Feb. 27, 2017
North Bay Business Journal
Send commercial real estate transactions to firstname.lastname@example.org. A compilation for the last 12 months is available for $45 by calling 707-521-5270. Brokerage abbreviations: K&C = Keegan & Coppin Co. Inc./ONCOR International. LEASES: square ...and more »
- Pending home sales dropped in January to its lowest level in a year as the lack of housing supply fought against the increasing buyer demand. While demand for homes is at its highest point since the Great Recession, affordability may force buyers into less expensive locations or smaller homes.
New York Real Estate Billionaire Scores With Oscar Winning Iranian Film 'The Salesman'
The Iranian film The Salesman took home the Academy Award for best foreign-language film on Sunday night. The film's director, Asghar Farhadi, boycotted the awards ceremony to protest President Donald Trump's January ban barring travelers from seven ...and more »
- The Atlantic
The Seduction of 'Wellness Real Estate'
Like The Atlantic? Subscribe to The Atlantic Daily, our free weekday email newsletter. The endocrinologist-turned-entrepreneur Deepak Chopra is back on the list of The New York Times bestsellers this week, as he often is. According to The Chopra ...
- Huffington Post
Smart Real Estate solution for smarter nations!
Singapore has long been considered a pioneer when it comes to implementing smart solutions and innovative technologies. Keeping up the trend, the island nation's first ever smart contract for a rental agreement was signed last month– tenant and ...
- President Donald Trump's budget proposal reportedly includes a big change for the CFPB. We have the details for you. Plus, will the Fed raise rates in March? Here's one way to get a clue. Also, did the Oscars get its first HUD joke? Twitter thinks so. And Trump's election appears to be costing California some much-needed affordable housing.
Follow @RealEstate_Nws_ on Twitter!