- Credit score provider VantageScore Solutions recommends taking these actions to help improve your score but be advised, the results aren’t instant.
- loanDepot hasn’t let up on the gas since it launched into the housing finance market after the financial crisis. Now the company announced it promoted Dan Hanson to chief retail production officer, where he will be charged with fulfilling the team’s mission to become America’s lender of choice.
- Housing in the state of Texas was hotter in 2016 that it’s ever been before, but is real estate in the Lone Star state getting too hot? A new report from Fitch Ratings suggests that Texas is one a few states where home prices are not only unsustainable, they’re overheating.
- Remine announced its new partnership with the North Texas Real Estate Information Systems, which will bring game-changing technology to more than 30,000 Dallas-area Realtors. Remine will allow Realtors to identify and market to would-be homebuyers at a time when real estate in Texas is hotter than ever.
- However, Thanks to companies like JPMorgan Chase donating millions of dollars to the city to help it recover faster, it's making steady progress. But, since it fell so low after the crisis, there remains a long way to go. Here's the latest positive news for the Motor City.
- Home prices continued their strong growth in the fourth quarter despite rising interest rates. Although interest rates are up, housing inventory is down, causing home prices to increase. However, the FHFA’s deputy chief economist explains it may simply be too soon to see an effect on the market from increasing interest rates.
- Mortgage rates increased slightly, once again breaking from the 10-year Treasury yield which saw a more significant decrease. Freddie Mac’s chief economist explains the divergence between the two numbers stems from rising uncertainty in the market.
- Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin sat down with CNBC for his first television interview since being confirmed to lay out some of the administration’s economic priorities. Among the items discussed, Mnuchin mentioned GSE reform, confirming that a change in Fannie and Freddie’s current status is still high on the administration’s list of priorities.
- Exclusive: Egyptian real estate developers suspend Saudi project amid tensions
CAIRO Three Egyptian real estate executives said on Thursday that their companies have suspended housing deals with the Saudi Arabian government amid political tensions between the two countries. Four Egyptian real estate companies had signed ...and more »
- Seattle real estate market faces 3 big risks
Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce (subscription)
A recent report says the skilled labor shortage may be the largest risk factor this year. By PAT CALLAHAN Urban Renaissance Group. mug. Callahan. The end of January marked the start of the Chinese New Year, which proclaimed 2017 as the Year of the ...
- Real estate mogul is mystery buyer of record-setting Brooklyn house
New York Post
Developer Joe Sitt (left) bought Brooklyn's most expensive home sold in 2016. He's pictured here with fellow real estate exec Shlomi Reuveni. Patrick McMullan/PatrickMcMullan.com. Gimme Shelter can reveal that real estate mogul Joe Sitt — president ...
Omaha real estate firm, honored for 'exceptional culture,' at center of office boom near 180th Street - Omaha World-HeraldOmaha World-Herald
Omaha real estate firm, honored for 'exceptional culture,' at center of office boom near 180th Street
Managing broker Brian Thomas' office at Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Ambassador Real Estate, with its stylish mannequins, eclectic lamps and a sign that calls him “cruise director.” Pitch Pizzeria. BRENDAN SULLIVAN/THE WORLD-HERALD.
- Muncie Journal (press release)
Central PA Pros: Coldwell Banker Town & Country Real Estate 2.22.17
Bob Pennington from Coldwell Banker Town & Country Real Estate discusses how his 44th year is going, when peak selling season is, and his predictions for the remainder of the year. Coldwell Banker Town & Country Real Estate opened its doors in 1973.
6th Annual State of Commercial and Residential Real Estate PresentedMuncie Journal (press release)all 4 news articles »
- Sidney Daily News (subscription)
Brokers Real Estate: Small Office with big results
Sidney Daily News (subscription)
SIDNEY — Success is not measured by the number of agents in an office. Success is measured by the quality of service and performance of those agents. “Twenty-five percent of Brokers Real Estate's agents achieved recognition by the Ohio Association of ...and more »
Thursday at 11: Risque real estate
(WXYZ) - A prominent realtor in an upscale suburb in Detroit is giving new meaning to the term 'open house'. He's been having sex in the homes he's supposed to be selling! As you can imagine, people are outraged. investigator Jim Kiertzner is shedding ...
Real Estate Roundup: Gerding Edlen's $20M Muse and an $8.1M factory in Hillsboro - Portland Business JournalPortland Business Journal
Real Estate Roundup: Gerding Edlen's $20M Muse and an $8.1M factory in Hillsboro
Portland Business Journal
These days, there seems to be no shortage of deals being made across the metro region. Multifamily properties, manufacturing plants, industrial warehouses — they're all moving. Here's just a glimpse at a few of the deals that have come across our ...
New York real estate firm buys Apple's Sunnyvale office complex for $291M - Silicon Valley Business JournalSilicon Valley Business Journal
New York real estate firm buys Apple's Sunnyvale office complex for $291M
Silicon Valley Business Journal
Tristar Capital has paid $290.7 million for a 15-acre office campus in Sunnyvale that is currently fully leased by Apple, according to a press release Wednesday from JLL, which arranged the sale to the New York City-based firm. Rockwood Capital was the ...
Commercial Real Estate Women of Silicon Valley names new president, MVP - Silicon Valley Business JournalSilicon Valley Business Journal
Commercial Real Estate Women of Silicon Valley names new president, MVP
Silicon Valley Business Journal
The first part of 2017 has started with a bang for Anna Mcquillan-Rose, vice president at Transwestern. The 17-year industry veteran was elected president of the Silicon Valley chapter of Commercial Real Estate Women last month. Next month she'll be ...
- 7News - WSVN-TV
Real estate associate arrested, charged with grand theft
7News - WSVN-TV
FORT LAUDERDALE, FLA. (WSVN) - The arrest was quick. Hollywood Police putting handcuffs on 36-year old Mohamed Donald, also known as Sham Donald. The charge: grand theft. He's accused of taking deposits from clients and keeping the money for ...
- Mansion Global
US Crackdown on Money Laundering in Luxury Real Estate Set to End
Federal regulations meant to catch illicit money flooding into luxury real estate are set to expire on Thursday, leaving the future of the so-far successful initiative in limbo. The federal government launched the program a year ago in two ...
N. Idaho home listed as 'not haunted' in funny real estate listing
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho – A real estate agent in Coeur d'Alene had some fun while trying to sell a rundown home in Coeur d'Alene. draft. (Photo: REMAX). Jeff Mason is trying to sell the “stunning rancher” on North 3rd Street. Like any home on the market, ...and more »
- Despite the California Department of Business Oversight removing the state's mortgage servicing restrictions on Ocwen Financial, the nonbank is still prohibited from acquiring mortgage servicing rights in bulk thanks to the company’s previous settlement with the New York Department of Financial Services, the company's executives told investors on Wednesday. And those restrictions and other "regulatory challenges" will likely lead to another yearly loss for the nonbank.
- CoreLogic wrapped up 2016 with double-digit revenue growth for the fourth quarter and full year thanks to success in two of its key segments. And now looking ahead to 2017, the company is very positive on what the future holds.
- Inside INdiana Business
Tolliver Expects Commercial Real Estate to Stay Hot
Inside INdiana Business
Cushman & Wakefield Vice President Jason Tolliver says last year was a big one for Indiana's commercial real estate market and it's already off to a hotter start in 2017. Following the company's recent State of Real Estate presentation, Tolliver said ...and more »
No cooling in 2017 for Barrie's red hot real estate market
Tim Hudak, CEO of the Ontario Real Estate Association moderated a panel of real estate industry experts at the Southshore Centre. Sue Sgambati/BarrieToday. Barrie set a new sales record in 2016 to cap an 'extraordinary year' for real estate and there's ...and more »
- Ocwen Financial surprisingly returned to profitability in the third quarter of 2016, breaking a four-quarter streak of losses, but the company’s time in the black appears to be short-lived. The nonbank reported Wednesday that it posted a net loss for the fourth quarter of 2016, but the loss is far smaller than the company reported during the same time period last year.
A Real Estate Rally Is Boosting This Luxury Builder
The recovery of the U.S. housing market since the recession has been steady, if generally unspectacular. But at least one builder seems to have convinced investors that it's trending upward. The luxury homebuilder Toll Brothers (tol) reported quarterly ...and more »
- RisMedia.com (press release)
5 Advantages of Real Estate Auctions
RisMedia.com (press release)
Real estate auctions can be an effective sales tool for all types of properties, including luxury residential and single-family homes, as well as multifamily, retail and development sites. While the conventional stereotype of an auction is that of a ...
2016 sets real estate records thanks to millennials and retirees
AMARILLO, TX (KFDA) -. Amarillo has joined the rest of Texas in setting real estate records in 2016. The number of home sales and the average price of homes increased by more than two percent from 2015. In total, 2,980 homes were sold in Amarillo, at ...
- B. Riley Financial, a financial services firm, announced Wednesday that it is acquiring FBR & Co., an investment banking and brokerage firm, in a deal that values FBR at $160.1 million. “B. Riley Financial and FBR combined will become a clear leader in small cap investment banking and brokerage in the U.S. with 600 names under research coverage,” the companies noted in a release.
- Open house robberies change real estate in Northeast Ohio
A Cleveland, Ohio, man is facing second-degree felony charges after burglarizing homes for sale. Roberts attended the open houses as a potential buyer and opened doors and windows so it would be easier to break in later the same day. Agents in the area ...and more »
- Trump’s policies cracking down on immigration could mean drastic changes to the housing market once the policies start taking effect. Even legal immigrants are showing more caution when it comes to buying a home, saying they are unsure about their future in the U.S.
- 2 Real Estate Stocks with Cheap Options
Schaeffers Research (blog)
Every week, Schaeffer's Senior Quantitative Analyst Rocky White compiles our internal Sector Scorecard, ranking 40 major sectors by their potential bullish setups, based on our Expectational Analysis® method. In the top half this week is Real Estate ...and more »
Hopkins partnership with health real estate firm aims to expand service to the elderly - Baltimore SunBaltimore Sun
Hopkins partnership with health real estate firm aims to expand service to the elderly
Johns Hopkins Medicine said Wednesday it will work with health real estate firm Welltower Inc. to come up with programs and explore developing facilities to serve and treat the elderly. Welltower develops assisted-living centers, memory care facilities ...and more »
- Baltimore Sun
Hopkins partnership with health real estate firm aims to expand ...
Johns Hopkins Medicine said Tuesday it will work with health real estate firm Welltower Inc. to come up with programs and explore developing facilities to serve ...and more »
- Chicago Tribune
Additional burglary charges filed against real estate agent, cops say ...
A Roselle woman has been charged with burglary for allegedly entering a Glen Ellyn home in her role as a real estate agent and stealing several pieces of ...and more »
- HouseLens Launches SaaS Business Tools for Real Estate Photographers
NASHVILLE, TN--(Marketwired - February 22, 2017) - HouseLens, the nation's leading provider of real estate visual marketing services, has launched a SaaS (software as a service) platform to help professional real estate photographers manage and grow ...and more »
- The Dough Roller
Everything You Need to Know About Real Estate Crowdfunding
The Dough Roller
Real estate crowdfunding: you may or may not heard of it, but the concept is quickly growing among investors. In a sense, crowdfunding is doing for real estate investing what Lending Club and Prosper are doing for personal loans. They are acting as ...
Washington Real Estate Investment Trust (WRE) PT Raised to $33 at StifelStreetInsider.comall 45 news articles »
Podcast: Crazy sh*t in real estate Episode 8 â€” When fur, claws and scales drop in at the home inspection - Inman.comPodcast: Crazy sh*t in real estate Episode 8 — When fur, claws and scales drop in at the home inspection
Dead cats. Raccoons. Snakes! Welcome to the weird life of a home inspector. Jeff Baker drops in on this podcast to share some of his crazy stories. Do you have a crazy real estate story to share? Email Leigh for your chance to tell it on the podcast!and more »
- Regardless of whether Millennials want to buy a home or not, there first has to be a home available to purchase. In an interview with HousingWire, Daren Blomquist, senior vice president at ATTOM Data Solutions, identified three key factors keeping housing inventory in a drought, barring entrance for aspiring young homeowners.
- A mortgage lender announced its new program that allows potential homebuyers to lump in their student loan balance to their mortgage. BurkeyLoan claims the new product will build access to capital for the Millennial generation.
- Have you ever wanted to be on the cover of a magazine? You get to show off to all your friends, family, and colleagues – many of whom will likely come traipsing into your office and begrudgingly ask for your autograph. Have you ever wanted to the envy of the entire housing industry? Well, here’s your chance to do both.
- Palm Beach Post (blog)
Tenet buys Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center real estate from landlord
Palm Beach Post (blog)
Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center, or at least the real estate where the hospital operates, has a new owner. Tenet Healthcare paid landlord HCP Inc. $43.4 million for the 282,000-square-foot facility on Burns Road, according to property records. HCP is ...and more »
- Prudential's Real Estate Arm to Launch Core-Plus Lending Strategy
PGIM Real Estate Finance, one of Prudential Financial's real estate investment businesses, has plans to institute a new debt strategy, executes at the firm told Commercial Observer at Mortgage Bankers Association's 2017 CREF/Multifamily Housing ...and more »
- PE Hub (subscription) (blog)
StepStone Real Estate raises $700 mln for third fund
PE Hub (subscription) (blog)
StepStone Real Estate, which is part of StepStone Group, a private markets firm, has closed its third fund at $700 million, beating its $500 million target. StepStone Real Estate Partners III will focus on backing “special situations” in the U.S. and ...
StepStone Real Estate Partners Closes Fund III with $700 Million in Capital CommitmentsBusiness Wire (press release)all 2
- Phoenix Business Journal
Arizona's real estate schools are merging
Phoenix Business Journal
The Phoenix-based schools will combine by the end of April and operate under the ASREB name and brand. Two Arizona real estate schools are merging. Enlarge. Two Arizona real estate schools are merging. fstop123. The schools offer accreditation and ...
- Augusta Free Press
Three trends to watch in the 2017 real estate market
Augusta Free Press
real estate market Nobody has a crystal ball to know exactly what the future holds for the real estate market. However, an objective look at events in the real estate market often yields valuable insight into what current homeowners and potential ...and more »
- WSB Atlanta
Atlanta's first African-American woman to have real estate license dies
Lottie Watkins, the first African-American woman in Atlanta to earn a real estate license, has died. Watkins became a real estate broker in the 1960s. She was elected to the Georgia House of Representatives in 1977. Watkins was also active in the Civil ...
- It was another record-setting year for Texas real estate, as home sale and home prices both hit all-time highs – for the second year in a row. According to a new report from the Texas Association of Realtors, there were more homes sold in the Lone Star State in 2016 than in any other year, eclipsing the previous high, which stood for all of one year.
- Existing home sales increased to the highest rate in nearly a decade in January, beating out experts’ expectations. However, the market continues to struggle with dwindling inventory and affordability.
Follow @RealEstate_Nws_ on Twitter!