FRIDAY, Feb. 24, 2017 -- Scientists are reporting that the brain naturally produces fructose, a type of sugar associated with obesity and type 2 diabetes.
The Yale University researchers said follow-up studies will investigate how fructose affects...
- FRIDAY, Feb. 24, 2017 -- Prison time can exact a deadly toll on health, new research suggests.
Being behind bars puts people at greater risk for both developing certain types of cancer and dying from their disease, Canadian researchers found.
BRIEF-Yichang Hec Changjiang Pharmaceutical enters into Projects Contracting Agreement with Yidu Construction - ReutersBRIEF-Yichang Hec Changjiang Pharmaceutical enters into Projects Contracting Agreement with Yidu Construction
Reuters is the news and media division of Thomson Reuters. Thomson Reuters is the world's largest international multimedia news agency, providing investing news, world news, business news, technology news, headline news, small business news, news ...and more »
- FRIDAY, Feb. 24, 2017 -- Want to live a longer, healthier life?
Try five simple lifestyle recommendations, a public health expert says.
"Stay up to date on immunizations, screening exams for specific types of cancer [e.g., colorectal cancer...
- FRIDAY, Feb. 24, 2017 -- Hoping to lessen their misery, most people would like to know whether the respiratory illness they've got could be helped by an antibiotic.
The key to finding out may lie in your nose. Or, more specifically, the mucus in...
UK pharmaceutical industry has struck a unique deal with the health service in
Manchester that it says will transform patients' access to medicines.
- NHS England could significantly cut its spending on diabetes foot care by introducing or rearranging specialist foot services, according to a leading charity.
Enhanced Pharmaceutical Metal Detector for Improved Operating Efficiencies Launched - Labmate OnlineLabmate Online
Enhanced Pharmaceutical Metal Detector for Improved Operating Efficiencies Launched
Lock Inspection, part of the Loma Group, has launched an enhanced version of its well proven Insight Pharmaceutical Metal Detector. Lock's popular Insight PH system offers advanced detection performance, construction quality and reliability ...
- FRIDAY, Feb. 24, 2017 -- Contrary to what you might want to believe, a hair of the dog isn't the best remedy after a night of heavy drinking, a substance abuse expert warns.
"There's no scientific evidence that having an alcoholic drink will cure a...
- FRIDAY, Feb. 24, 2017 -- Depression in people with the chronic inflammatory skin disease psoriasis increases the risk of getting the joint condition known as psoriatic arthritis by about 37 percent, new research indicates.
The finding raises...
Kubota Pharmaceutical Holdings Co., Ltd. (TYO:4596) Files An 8-K Departure of Directors or Certain Officers ... - Market ExclusiveKubota Pharmaceutical Holdings Co., Ltd. (TYO:4596) Files An 8-K Departure of Directors or Certain Officers ...
Kubota Pharmaceutical Holdings Co., Ltd. (TYO:4596) Files An 8-K Departure of Directors or Certain Officers; Election of Directors; Appointment of Certain Officers; Compensatory Arrangements of Certain Officers. Trade Free For 60 Days when you Open a ...and more »
Steady Advancement of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient Market Due to High Incidence of Chronic Diseases - Medgadget (blog)Steady Advancement of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient Market Due to High Incidence of Chronic Diseases
Active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) are generally known as 'bulk pharmaceuticals'. According to the findings of Transparency Market Research, the revenue from the active pharmaceutical ingredient market will rise to US$219.60 bn in 2023, which in ...and more »
- Who will be
crowned Clinical Researcher of the Year –
The Americas 2016?
Years of Austerity Ahead for European Healthcare - Pharmaceutical Executive (press release) (registration) (blog)Years of Austerity Ahead for European Healthcare
Pharmaceutical Executive (press release) (registration) (blog)
No columnist can hope to grab attention with the arrival of the latest European Commission economic analysis – but don't yawn at the thought of what tedium this promises for anyone in the healthcare business. Because for healthcare, and for anyone ...
- The final entry deadline for the International Clinical
Researcher of the Year 2017 competition has now passed, and the finalists have been invited to compete at the rigorous Final Day. Who will be awarded the coveted Pharma in front of an audience of their industry peers?
Increasing Government Funding for the Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Industries are Driving the Global Virus ... - Medgadget (blog)Increasing Government Funding for the Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Industries are Driving the Global Virus ...
Virus filtration is an important procedure in the pharmaceutical industry. It ensures the purity and steady consumption of valuable products, besides optimizing the economic process and preventing loss. Virus filtration feed streams generally exhibit ...
- A Survival Guide to Temperature Data in Life Sciences, by Almac
Pharmaceutical Business Review
Regulations continue to evolve globally within the distribution arena of the Life Sciences industry. Good Distribution Practice of Medicinal Products for Human Use (2013/C 343/01)1 as well as Good Distribution Practices Supply Chain Integrity2 has made ...
Pharmaceutical Technology, Market Insights on Tap in Philadelphia Next Week - Pharmaceutical ProcessingPharmaceutical Processing
Pharmaceutical Technology, Market Insights on Tap in Philadelphia Next Week
To meet the needs of regional manufacturers, PACK EXPO East (Feb. 27–Mar. 1; Pennsylvania Convention Center, Philadelphia) returns to the City of Brotherly Love next week for a follow-up to its 2015 debut. With nearly one-third of the nation's top CPGs ...
- Your RPS needs you
The Pharmaceutical Journal
Show your passion and dedication to pharmacy by putting yourself forward for this year's RPS national pharmacy board elections. Nominations for the Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPS) national pharmacy board elections open on 28 February 2017.
- FRIDAY, Feb. 24, 2017 -- "And the Oscar goes to" . . . an American appearing in a film based on American culture.
With the 89th Academy Awards set for Sunday, a new study finds that this type of "U.S.-centric" focus is a key factor boosting the...
- FRIDAY, Feb. 24, 2017 -- A type of antibiotic-resistant bacterial infection has increased 700 percent in American children since 2007, a new investigation reveals.
These infections are caused by Enterobacteriaceae bacteria -- normal bacteria that...
- FRIDAY, Feb. 24, 2017 -- Male stroke patients are more than twice as likely as female patients to receive clot-busting stroke treatment within 30 minutes of hospital arrival, a new study reports.
This means men who suffer a stroke are less likely to...
- FRIDAY, Feb. 24, 2017 -- Drug overdose deaths have nearly tripled in the United States since 1999, with whites and middle-aged Americans bearing much of the brunt, a new government report shows.
More than 16 out of every 100,000 Americans died of a...
- FRIDAY, Feb. 24, 2017 -- Differences in how much men and women sweat have little to do with gender, according to a new study.
Instead, sweating is linked to body size, researchers found. This might help explain why larger people -- typically men --...
Cambridge Cognition in study with Takeda Pharmaceutical for Apple Watch app that monitors depression - Proactive Investors UKProactive Investors UK
Cambridge Cognition in study with Takeda Pharmaceutical for Apple Watch app that monitors depression
Proactive Investors UK
Cambridge Cognition Holdings plc (LON:COG) has teamed up with Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd to pilot the use of an Apple Watch app that monitors patients with major depression disorder. Cognition Kit Limited, a joint venture between Cambridge ...and more »
- Here are some of the latest health and medical news developments, compiled by the editors of HealthDay:
Over 400,000 Toy Frogs Recalled for Injury Hazard
Moose Toys says it's recalling hundreds of thousands of Little Live Pets Lil Frog toys, and Lil...
- BRIEF-Chong Kun Dang Pharmaceutical to pay annual dividend as 900 won/share for FY 2016
... * Says it will pay annual cash dividend as 900 won/share for FY 2016, to shareholders of record on Dec. 31, 2016. * Total dividend amount is 8.46 billion won. Source text in Korean: goo.gl/clKJo3. Further company coverage: (Beijing Headline News) ...
- Scottish Daily Record
Sixty jobs created at West Lothian pharmaceutical company
Scottish Daily Record
Catalent Pharma Solutions announced plans to create the new full-time posts at its site near the Pyramids Business Park to mark its 20th anniversary in the town. The plant produces, packages, stores and distributes kits for clinical trials and the firm ...
- -- Feeling under the weather? It's important to know whether you the common cold or something more serious.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says common-cold symptoms may include:Sore throat.
Sneezing and runny nose.
- -- Before letting a babysitter stay with your child, make sure the sitter knows the answers to a few basic safety questions.
The University of Michigan Health System suggests discussing:The sitter's knowledge of CPR and first aid.
The need to put...
Global Pharmaceutical and Medical Gases Market 2017 by manufacturer â€“ Praxair, Norco, Atlas Copco AB, Air Liquide ... - Medgadget (blog)Global Pharmaceutical and Medical Gases Market 2017 by manufacturer – Praxair, Norco, Atlas Copco AB, Air Liquide ...
A recent report added titled, “Pharmaceutical and Medical Gases Global 2016 Clinical Trials Review”, is an in-depth analysis of the overall Pharmaceutical and Medical Gases trial landscape. The data includes the market share and size of the ...and more »
- Global Pharmaceutical and Medical Gases Market 2017 by ...
A recent report added titled, “Pharmaceutical and Medical Gases Global 2016 Clinical Trials Review”, is an in-depth analysis of the overall Pharmaceutical.and more »
Global Pharmaceutical Anti-Counterfeiting Technologies Market 2017 Trends, Demand & Analysis - Medgadget (blog)Invest Daily News: Market Research News by Market.Biz (press release)
Global Pharmaceutical Anti-Counterfeiting Technologies Market 2017 Trends, Demand & Analysis
The Global Pharmaceutical Anti-Counterfeiting Technologies Market report is an in-depth analysis of the Global Pharmaceutical Anti-Counterfeiting Technologies Market for the forecast period, 2017-2022. The report offers valuable insights such as market ...
Global Pharmaceutical Glycerine Market 2017 – D
- Sports Perspectives
BioMarin Pharmaceutical (BMRN) Q4 2016 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
Good afternoon. My name Megan and I'll be your conference operator today. At this time, I'd like welcome everyone to the BioMarin's 4Q and Full-Year 2016 Financial Results Conference Call. All lines have been placed on mute to prevent any background ...
BioMarin Pharmaceutical (BMRN) Releases Earnings Results, Misses Expectations By $-0.08 EPSHighland Mirror
BioMarin Pharmaceutical I
- La Jolla Pharmaceutical posts 4Q loss
SAN DIEGO (AP) _ La Jolla Pharmaceutical Co. (LJPC) on Thursday reported a loss of $24.9 million in its fourth quarter. On a per-share basis, the San Diego-based company said it had a loss of $1.44. The results fell short of Wall Street expectations.
La Jolla Pharmaceutical Company (LJPC) Soars 7.37% on February 23Equities.com
La Jolla Pharmaceutical Company Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Financial Results and Corporate ...Busines
Mysterious Radiation Level Rise Across Europe Likely from Pharmaceutical Plant - Sputnik InternationalSputnik International
Mysterious Radiation Level Rise Across Europe Likely from Pharmaceutical Plant
Heightened levels of radioactive isotope Iodine-131, hovering near the Arctic Circle and spreading into Europe, have sparked multiple conspiracy theories. It turns out the truth was probably more trivial. After monitoring stations in northern Europe ...
Detection of radioactive iodine at trace levels in Europe in January 2017 - IRSNIRSN
Radioactive Iodine over Europe first
- Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Market Dynamics, Forecast ...
The report elaborates Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing market overview. Various definitions and classification of the industry, applications of the in.and more »
Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Market Dynamics, Forecast, Analysis and Supply Demand 2016-2021 - Medgadget (blog)Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Market Dynamics, Forecast, Analysis and Supply Demand 2016-2021
The report elaborates Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing market overview. Various definitions and classification of the industry, applications of the industry and chain structure are given. Present day status of the Contract Pharmaceutical ...and more »
- Franklin pharmaceutical company plans $2.5M investment, will ...
The Lane Report
The plan would create 10 initial jobs, with a target of 30 jobs within two years.and more »
- Franklin pharmaceutical company plans $2.5M investment, will create 10 jobs
The Lane Report
FRANKLIN, Ky. (Feb. 23, 2017) — PuraCap Laboratories LCC, which in 2016 acquired the assets of Franklin-based Blu Pharmaceuticals, is considering a $2.5 million investment to add packaging suites to its 180,000-square foot facility to turn it into its ...and more »
- What Analysts Recommend for Teva Pharmaceutical in 2017
Following the completion of its acquisition of Allergan's Actavis Generics business on August 2, 2016, Teva Pharmaceutical (TEVA) plans to focus on realizing the deal's synergies in 2017. To know more about these synergies, read Teva Aims to Improve ...and more »
Almac: Changing the Dynamics of Temperature Controlled Shipping Solutions - Pharmaceutical Business ReviewAlmac: Changing the Dynamics of Temperature Controlled Shipping Solutions
Pharmaceutical Business Review
In the typical clinical trial today, the cost of shipping and distributing supplies accounts for approximately 60 percent of the overall clinical supply chain. And when the cost of product spoilage from temperature excursions is added into the mix, it ...
- THURSDAY, Feb. 23, 2017 -- Opioid addicts who undergo "medication-assisted treatment" are often using other narcotics before long, a new study cautions.
Doctors frequently give addicts buprenorphine, a low-dose opioid, to minimize withdrawal...
- THURSDAY, Feb. 23, 2017 -- Getting care at a hospital for a psychiatric disorder may be linked to a higher risk of stroke in the following weeks and months, new research suggests.
People who sought care at a hospital for serious mental health...
- THURSDAY, Feb. 23, 2017 -- A large new analysis suggests there may some type of link between Parkinson's disease and the risk for stroke.
However, the study can't prove that one condition causes the other -- or even which direction the link might...
Ohr Pharmaceutical Inc. shuts sustained release tech lab
Ohr Pharmaceutical Inc. has halted activities at the laboratory in San Diego, California where research on its sustained release delivery technology was carried out. The move – announced in a US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filing – will ...
- The Pharmaceutical Journal
I walk away knowing that the team here has made a difference
The Pharmaceutical Journal
After seven years in the pharmacy world, Helen Gordon is departing as chief executive of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society to enter pastures new at the Royal College of Medicine. Here, she talks to Julia Robinson about her proudest moments and what ...and more »
- THURSDAY, Feb. 23, 2017 -- Several former National Hockey League players have joined the growing number of pro athletes who have pledged their brains to research on chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) -- a devastating brain disease that has been...
- THURSDAY, Feb. 23, 2017 -- A new study suggests that teenage boys who are chronically sleepy in the daytime may be at higher risk of becoming violent criminals as adults.
A team of U.S. and British researchers identified a link between frequent...
- THURSDAY, Feb. 23, 2017 -- Neanderthals were wiped out about 40,000 years ago, but some of their genes live on in modern humans. And scientists are learning more about what that might mean for our health.
Researchers have known for some time that...
Follow @Pharma_NewsUS on Twitter!