Malta Independent Online
Most pharmaceutical importers preparing to bring in Morning After Pill
Malta Independent Online
While most pharmaceutical suppliers are preparing to bring the morning-after pill to the shelves of Maltese pharmacies, there is a degree of concern as to how the issue of pharmacists who, as a matter of conscience, feel that selling the MAP is against ...
- Pakistan Observer
Herbal pharmaceutical factory sealed
LAHORE - A special squad headed by Minister for Primary and Secondary Health and Chairman CM's Task Force on Spurious Drugs Kh Imran Nazir sealed a herbal pharmaceutical factory in Kattarband near Thokar Niaz Baig yesterday. The squad ...
Unregistered pharmaceutical factory sealed, medicines confiscatedPakistan Todayall 3 news articles »
Pharmaceutical Industry Indonesia: Still Lucrative Business?' - Indonesia Investments (press release)Indonesia Investments (press release)
Pharmaceutical Industry Indonesia: Still Lucrative Business?'
Indonesia Investments (press release)
Indonesia's pharmaceutical market will be worth USD $5.8 billion in 2017, up 5-6 percent (y/y) from the preceding year. Growth is attributed to Indonesia's universal health care program (Jaminan Kesehatan Nasional, or JKN) that was launched in 2014.
- Trade Today, Wedbush Reaffirm Neutral Rating for BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. (BMRN)
Wedbush restated their neutral rating on shares of BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. (NASDAQ:BMRN) in a report published on Friday morning. Wedbush currently has a $104.00 price objective on the stock, up from their previous price objective of $102.00.
Stock Price Target Of BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. (NASDAQ:BMRN) At $114.75Stocks Daily
Reliable stocks in today's share market: BioMarin Pharmaceutical In
- CHCH News
Costco under investigation for retail pharmaceutical compliance
Costco is under investigation by Ontario's Ministry of Health for its compliance with provincial legislation on selling pharmaceutical and over-the-counter drugs. A spokesperson for the bulk goods retailer said they are confident that protocol has been ...
- SATURDAY, Dec. 3, 2016 -- An experimental drug may help reduce episodes of pain associated with sickle cell disease, a new study finds.
Results of an early trial showed the drug -- called SelG1 for now -- reduced episodes of sickle cell-related pain...
- SATURDAY, Dec. 3, 2016 -- More than one in 10 stroke survivors develop epilepsy, and the greater the brain damage caused by stroke, the higher the risk of seizures, a new study reports.
Epilepsy is a chronic neurological condition marked by...
- The Cerbat Gem
Brokerages Set La Jolla Pharmaceutical Co. (LJPC) Price Target at $42.40
The Cerbat Gem
Enter your email address below to get the latest news and analysts' ratings for La Jolla Pharmaceutical Co. with our FREE daily email newsletter: Recent Market News. First Analysis Weighs in on The Advisory Board Co.'s FY2016 Earnings (ABCO) ...and more »
- SATURDAY, Dec. 3, 2016 -- Cancer cases rose 33 percent worldwide in the past 10 years, a new study shows.
In 2015, there were 17.5 million diagnoses and 8.7 million deaths in the world from the disease, the researchers found.
The rise in cancer...
- SATURDAY, Dec. 3, 2016 -- Artificial blood stored as a powder could one day revolutionize emergency medicine and provide trauma victims a better chance of survival.
Researchers have created an artificial red blood cell that effectively picks up...
- Motley Fool
The Sole Reason Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. Sank 12% in November
Teva's weaker-than-expected guidance isn't as bad as it appears if you dig below the surface. Sean Williams. (TMFUltraLong). Dec 2, 2016 at 5:23PM. Cut Spending Scissors Cash Budget Getty Image source: Getty Images.
Trade Today,Credit Suisse Group AG Upgraded Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (TEVA) to OutperformDailyQuint
Notable Mover: Today Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (ADR) Stock Reaches
- CTV News
Costco under investigation after allegations of pharmaceutical kickbacks
Costco is being investigated by Ontario's Ministry of Health for its compliance with the province's legislation on selling pharmaceutical and over-the-counter drugs. The health ministry investigation comes after the Ontario College of Pharmacists ...and more »
- Huffington Post
How The Trump Administration Could Hurt The Pharmaceutical Industry
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Top executives from large U.S. drugmakers on Thursday discussed for the first time possible changes for the industry under President-elect Donald Trump, and issues that have damaged the reputation of their industry. Since he was ...and more »
- FRIDAY, Dec. 2, 2016 -- The number of Americans who attempted suicide and wound up in the emergency room has remained steady in the past decade, a new report finds.
Females were more likely to attempt suicide, but males used more violent methods....
- FRIDAY, Dec. 2, 2016 -- Nine out of 10 Lasik laser eye surgery patients report satisfaction afterwards. But a sizable percentage experience new visual disturbances -- like seeing halos around lights -- up to six months after the procedure, a new...
- FRIDAY, Dec. 2, 2016 -- The Little River section of Miami is no longer an area where local Zika infection is active, Florida health officials reported Friday.
While Florida Gov. Rick Scott said the development was great news for the state, he also...
- FRIDAY, Dec. 2, 2016 -- Plastic surgery patients should avoid smoking e-cigarettes for at least four weeks before their procedures, two plastic surgeons advise.
Patients who smoke are believed to face a higher risk of skin flap failure, apparently...
- FRIDAY, Dec. 2, 2016 -- Research investigating schoolchildren's asthma attacks has pointed to a tiny foe: mice.
Allergens from the rodents can infiltrate the air, the study found, and may be a major cause of asthma attacks in the school...
- FRIDAY, Dec. 2, 2016 -- Some of the liquid flavorings heated in e-cigarettes appear to break down into potentially dangerous compounds, researchers say.
It's not yet clear what this might mean for the health of electronic cigarette users.
- FRIDAY, Dec. 2, 2016 -- Brain tissue thinning is still evident in former college football players several years after they stop playing, a new study finds.
University of Cincinnati researchers conducted MRI scans of 11 former college players and...
- The Pharmaceutical Journal
Patients need training to use inhalers properly, study finds
The Pharmaceutical Journal
Emma Wilkinson is a freelance journalist specialising in biosciences, medicine and health policy. She started out at The Lancet, before moving to Pulse to work as a clinical reporter where she won several awards. Other staff positions include four ...and more »
- Clinical researchersin the Americas: demonstrate your skills and gain recognition for yourachievements, whilst taking part in a valuable learning and developmentexperience.
- AstraZeneca and Bicycle Therapeutics have entered into a deal to develop bicyclic peptides that could net the latter firm more than $1 billion if all pre-specified targets are met.
- New data and a price reduction have helped secure a place for Keytruda on the NHS as a treatment for some patients with lung cancer.
- Pfizer has signed a deal with IBM Watson Health for use of its cognitive computing capabilities in the search for new cancer medicines.
- The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence is recommending that HIV testing is routinely offered to millions of people living in areas with a high prevalence of the disease.
- FRIDAY, Dec. 2, 2016 -- Eating low-carbohydrate meals may lead to healthy changes in a woman's metabolism that don't occur when consuming higher-carbohydrate meals, a small study suggests.
The researchers also found that the timing of exercise may...
- FRIDAY, Dec. 2, 2016 -- Using a new cancer drug with an existing one appears to work against soft tissue sarcoma cancers, a new study indicates.
These cancers of soft tissues such as fat, muscles, blood vessels, tendons and ligaments are rare, but...
- FRIDAY, Dec. 2, 2016 -- Sleep deprivation while working 24-hour shifts affects heart function, a new German study suggests.
"These findings may help us better understand how workload and shift duration affect public health," said lead researcher Dr....
- Here are some of the latest health and medical news developments, compiled by the editors of HealthDay:
Ohio Revokes License of One of State's Last Abortion Clinics
The operating license of one of Ohio's few remaining abortion clinics was revoked by...
- -- An aching, throbbing or shooting pain in your neck could spell trouble.
Here are possible causes, courtesy of the Mayo Clinic:Straining the neck muscles by stooping over your computer or phone, or by reading in bed.
Osteoarthritis of the...
- -- An ankle sprain occurs when the joint moves from its normal position, stretching and tearing nearby ligaments.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says activities that raise your chances of getting the injury include:Working...
- FOX 61
180 pharmaceutical employees based in Ridgefield to be laid off
RIDGEFIELD– Pharmaceutical giant Boehringer Ingelheim is in the process of notifying 180 Connecticut-based employees that they will be laid off. Starting in July, the company began reducing its U.S. workforce by 244. The company told FOX 61 on Thursday ...and more »
- Global Pharmaceutical Excipient Market to Surpass US$ 7415.2 Mn by 2021
Life-Sciences-Transformational-Health9 According to a latest market report published by Persistence Market Research, titled “Global Market Study on Pharmaceutical Excipients: Increased Drug Demand in Emerging Asia Pacific Market to Fuel Demand ...
- Close Down Unregistered Pharmaceutical Shops, Reps Tell Ministry
The House of Representatives on Thursday urged the Ministry of Health and the Pharmaceutical Council of Nigeria to commence inspection of pharmaceutical shops across the country, with a view to closing down shops being operated by unregistered ...and more »
- THURSDAY, Dec. 1, 2016 -- Amputees who experience what is known as phantom limb pain may benefit from playing a virtual reality game that simulates the movement of missing limbs, a small study suggests.
"Phantom limb pain is a difficult condition to...
- THURSDAY, Dec. 1, 2016 -- For teens, depression can affect more than their relationships and educational achievement -- it can harm their future prospects. But a new study suggests that many of these young people could reap long-term benefits from...
- Market Focus - Tracking These Shares: Collegium Pharmaceutical, Inc. (NASDAQ:COLL)
Investors may be tracking company stock volatility information. Collegium Pharmaceutical, Inc. (NASDAQ:COLL)'s 12 month volatility is currently 85.150900. The 6 month volatility is 70.523500, and the 3 month is noted at 78.225300. Stock price ...and more »
Government owes pharmaceutical companies R1bn - report
A hard-hitting report released on Wednesday by auditor-general Kimi Makwetu highlighted problems at every step of the medicines supply chain. Photo: via Pixabay.com. Provincial health departments collectively owed pharmaceutical companies a ...
South Africa: Pharmaceutical, Water Infrastructure Audits ReleasedAllAfrica.com
AG finds critical flaws in pharmaceutical control at state health ...Times LIVEall 17 news articles
Natural alternatives to protect plants inspired by pharmaceutical research
This diagram shows the bacteria Streptomyces bioactivities that are beneficial to crops. Credit: Rey and Dumas/Trends in Plant Science 2016. The bacteria Streptomyces—which is commonly used in human antibiotics and found in the natural environments of ...and more »
- THURSDAY, Dec. 1, 2016 -- Improved mental and physical health may just be steps away for people on kidney dialysis, a new study suggests.
A simple program that includes a few minutes of walking a day appears to benefit these patients, a team of...
Could Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (ADR) Decline After Today's Tip From Option Traders? - Frisco FastballFrisco Fastball
Could Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (ADR) Decline After Today's Tip From Option Traders?
In today's session Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (ADR) (TEVA) registered an unusually high (2,846) contracts volume of call trades. Someone, most probably a professional was a very active buyer of the March, 2017 call, expecting serious TEVA ...
News Roundup: Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (NYSE:TEVA), Rite Aid Corporation (NYSE:RAD)FactsReporter
- THURSDAY, Dec. 1, 2016 -- Use of a blood thinner is routine for many heart patients, but these drugs come with a risk of episodes of excess bleeding.
What, if any, anticoagulant (blood thinner) should these patients take after such episodes arise?
- THURSDAY, Dec. 1, 2016 -- Newborns with low levels of vitamin D may have higher odds of developing multiple sclerosis (MS) later in life, new research suggests.
Vitamin D deficiency is common among the general population, including pregnant women....
- THURSDAY, Dec. 1, 2016 -- Spending more time outside early in life may offer some protection against nearsightedness, a new study suggests.
The European study authors suspect that additional exposure to the sun's ultraviolet B (UVB) rays may play a...
- The Pharmaceutical Journal
Dangers with inappropriate use of long-acting beta agonists
The Pharmaceutical Journal
Dr Christos S. Zipitis (MBChB (Hons), MPH, FRCPCH), Consultant Paediatrician, The University of Manchester, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust, · Illustration of asthma, inhaler, lungs and ...
- THURSDAY, Dec. 1, 2016 -- Americans are split on the value of organic foods and concerns about genetically modified (GM) foods, a new poll reveals.
The Pew Research Center poll of 1,480 adults nationwide found that 55 percent said organically grown...
- Arutz Sheva
Massive growth anticipated in Israeli pharmaceutical market
The Israeli pharmaceutical market is set to rise from $1.75 billion in 2015 to around $2.12 billion by 2020, a new report finds. Contact Editor. Arutz Sheva Staff, 01/12/16 15:53. Share. Send To Friend. You need to fill your name, your email and your ...
- The Cerbat Gem
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. (BMRN) Rating Lowered to Equal Weight at Barclays PLC
The Cerbat Gem
BioMarin Pharmaceutical logo BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. (NASDAQ:BMRN) was downgraded by investment analysts at Barclays PLC from an “overweight” rating to an “equal weight” rating in a research report issued to clients and investors on Tuesday.
Vetr Inc. Upgrades BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. (BMRN) to "Buy"BBNS
Today: BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. (BMRN) Lowe
- 24/7 Wall St.
Analyst's Top Pharmaceutical Buys Offer Big Dividends and Growth Potential
24/7 Wall St.
Ever since the fall of last year when Hillary Clinton spoke out on high drug prices, the top stocks in the pharmaceutical sector have taken a beating. With Clinton defeated and the Republicans controlling both houses of Congress, it's a pretty good bet ...
Follow @Pharma_NewsUS on Twitter!