FRIDAY, March 24, 2017 -- A good night's sleep is often elusive, but there are things you can do to boost the odds of getting some quality shuteye, sleep experts say.
The first is to have regular bed and wake times, according to NewYork-Presbyterian...
- FRIDAY, March 24, 2017 -- Nerve pain and numbness, also known as neuropathy, is a debilitating but common symptom of diabetes.
Now, new research suggests certain drugs may outperform others in treating diabetic neuropathy.
The new review of the data...
- FRIDAY, March 24, 2017 -- U.S. teens with autism are four times more likely to visit an emergency room than those without the disorder, a new report says.
The Penn State College of Medicine researchers said the likelihood of an ER visit for a teen...
- FRIDAY, March 24, 2017 -- Millions of Americans have a condition called peripheral artery disease (PAD), which is caused by hardening of the arteries in the legs and feet.
About 8.5 million Americans have PAD, including up to 20 percent of people...
- FRIDAY, March 24, 2017 -- A raccoon parasite that can be deadly in humans can infect people without causing symptoms, a new study indicates.
It was believed that the parasite Baylisascaris procyonis, or raccoon roundworm, led to severe neurological...
- FRIDAY, March 24, 2017 -- Surgery is a common approach to treat carpal tunnel syndrome. But, physical therapy may work just as well, a new study indicates.
Researchers found that physical therapy -- particularly so-called manual therapy -- improved...
- FRIDAY, March 24, 2017 -- Sprains, strains and tears are different types of injuries, and it's important to know how they differ, a sports massage therapist says.
A sprain is the overstretching or tearing of ligaments, which are the tissues that...
- GlaxoSmithKline and Regeneron have given their backing to a new project that will use patient data held by the UK Biobank.
- The NHS has refined its processes for publishing Hospital Episode Statistics (HES), making the latest dataset available more than a month earlier.
- FRIDAY, March 24, 2017 -- If you're eager to save money while eating right, stick close to your own kitchen, researchers say.
"Frequent eating out was associated with lower diet quality, more 'empty calories' and higher diet costs" compared to home...
- FRIDAY, March 24, 2017 -- Substance abuse exacts a heavy toll on the American workplace, a new analysis shows.
Employees who struggle with drinking and drug addiction miss many more days of work, have higher health care costs and are less...
- FRIDAY, March 24, 2017 -- Weight doesn't seem to affect whether a common type of knee surgery will be successful, a new study shows.
About 15 percent of meniscal repair surgeries fail, researchers said. It's been widely believed that patients with...
- Amgen has won European approval for its first biosimilar, a version of AbbVie’s blockbuster Humira (adalimumab).
- FRIDAY, March 24, 2017 -- Older Americans on kidney dialysis have high rates of colonoscopy screening for colon cancer, but most get little benefit from the screening, a new study suggests.
Dialysis patients have high rates of death, so routine...
- Here are some of the latest health and medical news developments, compiled by the editors of HealthDay:
'Sea of Despair' Engulfs White Working Class Americans: Study
Low levels of education and employment are likely the root causes of rising rates...
- -- Your mouth may be loaded with bacteria just waiting to feast on sugar. And many sodas and juices contain added sugar, which can lead to tooth decay.
Here are suggestions to spare your smile, courtesy of the American Dental Association:If you do...
- -- Parents should set strict rules that prevent their kids from drinking and driving.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests:Monitor teen drivers closely.
Sign an agreement with your teen that pledges no drinking and...
Chronicled, The LinkLab partner to develop blockchain solution for pharmaceutical industry - EconoTimesChronicled, The LinkLab partner to develop blockchain solution for pharmaceutical industry
Chronicled, Inc., a San Francisco-based technology company, and the LinkLab, a life sciences supply chain consultancy, have launched a serialized "track and trace" pilot for the pharmaceutical industry. Launched at a one-day event in San Francisco, the ...and more »
- The San Diego Union-Tribune
La Jolla Pharmaceutical Company (LJPC) Moves Higher on Volume Spike for March 23
La Jolla Pharmaceutical Company (LJPC) traded on unusually high volume on Mar. 23, as the stock gained 2.67% to close at $35.02. On the day, La Jolla Pharmaceutical Company saw 3.76 million shares trade hands on 22,416 trades. Considering that the ...
La Jolla Pharmaceutical seeks to raise $100 million in offeringThe San Diego Union-Tribune
La Jolla Pharmaceutical Compa
- Collegium Pharmaceutical Inc. (COLL) Plunges 5.56% on March 23
Collegium Pharmaceutical Inc. (COLL) had a rough trading day for Thursday March 23 as shares tumbled 5.56%, or a loss of $-0.75 per share, to close at $12.73. After opening the day at $13.49, shares of Collegium Pharmaceutical Inc. traded as high as ...and more »
Icertis Extends Leadership in Pharmaceutical Market with Update to Clinical Trial Agreement and Budgeting Solution - PR Newswire (press release)Icertis Extends Leadership in Pharmaceutical Market with Update to Clinical Trial Agreement and Budgeting Solution
PR Newswire (press release)
BELLEVUE, Wash., March 23, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Icertis, the leading provider of enterprise contract management in the cloud, today announced an upgrade to the Icertis Clinical Trial Agreement and Budgeting solution designed to improve clinical trials ...and more »
Why Zillow Group, Inc. (Z), Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc (RARE) and Credit Suisse Group AG (ADR) (CS) Are 3 of ... - Investorplace.comWhy Zillow Group, Inc. (Z), Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc (RARE) and Credit Suisse Group AG (ADR) (CS) Are 3 of ...
The bulls tried to chip away at Tuesday's loss, with the S&P 500 up for the better part of the day. Once Congress opted to postpone a vote on the pivotal repealing and replacing of Obamacare though, investors protested. By the time the closing bell ...and more »
- Scout Magazine (blog)
SMOKE BREAK #1199 | Pharmaceutical Ad On Medicine For Trump ...
Scout Magazine (blog)
This clever, timely take on a typical pharmaceutical advertisement not only imagines a debilitating psychological disorder called T.I.A.D. (Trump Induced Anxiety ...and more »
- THURSDAY, March 23, 2017 -- You've filled out a living will, and designated a surrogate to make medical decisions if you're incapacitated.
But, your end-of-life planning may not be done yet.
That's because, according to a new study, your surrogate...
- The Heights
Doctors Evaluate Problematic Pharmaceutical Industry Practices
Drug companies often provide a variety of benefits to physicians to incentivize them to advertise their product to patients, be it company-sponsored stethoscopes, stock options in the organization, or even financial compensation. Although this may just ...
- THURSDAY, March 23, 2017 -- Researchers say they have found the genetic cause of a rare disorder that causes children to be born with deafness, blindness, albinism and fragile bones.
The syndrome is called COMMAD. It occurs when children inherit...
- Willamette University Collegian
America's history of pharmaceutical price hikes
Willamette University Collegian
Healthcare in America has never been more volatile. With threats of overturning the Affordable Care Act paired with cuts in funding for all Medicare and Medicaid programs, more people are at risk of losing their life-saving health insurance. With the ...
- THURSDAY, March 23, 2017 -- Regular exercise is potent medicine for older adults with heart disease, a new American Heart Association scientific statement says.
Physical activity should be a key part of care for older adults with heart disease who...
- THURSDAY, March 23, 2017 -- Bavencio (avelumab) has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to treat a rare but aggressive form of skin cancer called Merkel cell carcinoma (MCC), the agency said Thursday in a news release.
Why Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (ADR) Stock Has Staying Power
It's been a rough few years for Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (ADR) (NYSE:TEVA) stock. TEVA stock has declined by half from mid-2015 levels, nearing a three-plus-year low in the process. The loss of patents for Teva Pharma's MS drug Copaxone has ...
Teva Pharm may fire 6000 workersSeeking Alpha
Teva Pharmaceutical to cut up to 6000 jobs: ReportLivemint
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (TE
- THURSDAY, March 23, 2017 -- Aging mice became more youthful following a new cellular therapy about to be tested in humans, researchers say.
The treatment reversed age-related loss of fur, boosted the rodents' vitality and improved their kidney...
- THURSDAY, March 23, 2017 -- Scientists say they've developed a much cheaper and faster technology for mapping the genetic makeup of a living organism.
They demonstrated the technology by decoding the DNA of the mosquito species that transmits the...
- THURSDAY, March 23, 2017 -- The "Why me?" reaction that can come after a cancer diagnosis may have no easy answer, with new research showing that most tumors are caused by random genetic "mistakes."
Investigators at Johns Hopkins University in...
Wedbush Lowers Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Price Target On New Outlook
“The limited benefit seen with UX007 (triheptanoin) in a Ph 2 Glut1 DS (glucose transporter type-1 deficiency syndrome) seizure study increases the risk for the Ph 3 in patients with a different disease phenotype,” analysts at Wedbush said in a note.
Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc (RARE) Plunges 8.13% on March 23Equities.com
Ultragenyx Looks Ahead After Triheptanoin FailureSeeking Alpha
- Canada's Pharmaceutical Industry - Porter's Five Forces Strategy ...
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Canada's Pharmaceutical Industry - Porter's Five Forces Strategy Analysis" report to their offering.and more »
CURE Pharmaceutical Welcomes Researcher and Innovator in Pediatric Medicine Michael Neely to Advisory Board - GlobeNewswire (press release)CURE Pharmaceutical Welcomes Researcher and Innovator in Pediatric Medicine Michael Neely to Advisory Board
GlobeNewswire (press release)
OXNARD, Calif., March 23, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CURE Pharmaceutical (OTCQB:CURR), (“CURE”) or (the “company”), a leading disruptive drug delivery technology company serving the pharmaceutical, biotech, veterinarian, medical foods markets, ...and more »
OWC Pharmaceutical Research Corp (OTCMKTS:OWCP) Battles Overhead Supply with Strong Study Data - The Oracle DispatchThe Oracle Dispatch
OWC Pharmaceutical Research Corp (OTCMKTS:OWCP) Battles Overhead Supply with Strong Study Data
The Oracle Dispatch
OWC Pharmaceutical Research Corp (OTCMKTS:OWCP) is a micro-cap momentum name with tremendous 2017 traction in the cannabis space. However, the stock has been struggling to find a new leg in its trend in recent weeks. This week saw a new ...
- BRIEF-La Jolla Pharmaceutical announces pricing of public offering of common stock
BRASILIA, March 23 The European Union has asked Brazil to voluntarily suspend all shipments of meat to its member countries to avoid imposing a ban that would take time to lift, but the Brazilian government has not agreed, EU diplomats in Brasilia told ...
- THURSDAY, March 23, 2017 -- Hospital patients may be less likely to die if they are treated during weeks that inspectors are checking on the staff, a new study suggests.
In the United States, hospitals are accredited by a body known as the Joint...
- THURSDAY, March 23, 2017 -- Surviving a cancer when young may leave some women with another health issue: An increased risk for certain pregnancy complications.
That's the conclusion of a new study of more than 15,000 births to teen and young adult...
- THURSDAY, March 23, 2017 -- Older mothers are less likely to scold or punish their young children, and those children tend to have fewer behavioral, social and emotional problems, a new study suggests.
According to researchers from Aarhus University...
- THURSDAY, March 23, 2017 -- Many young Americans with diabetes aren't getting the eye exams that medical experts say they need, new research reveals.
"Diabetic retinopathy" is a serious complication of diabetes. It causes the blood vessels in the...
Taking steps to reduce dependence on Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients imports: Commerce Minister - The New Indian ExpressThe New Indian Express
Taking steps to reduce dependence on Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients imports: Commerce Minister
The New Indian Express
NEW DELHI: The government today said it was working on steps to reduce India's dependence on large scale import of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs), as members in Rajya Sabha expressed concern over the issue. Responding to the concerns ...and more »
- Belarus News (BelTA)
Belarus seeks more joint pharmaceutical projects with India
Belarus News (BelTA)
MINSK, 23 March (BelTA) - Belarus would like to implement more joint pharmaceutical projects with India, Chairman of the Council of the Republic Mikhail Myasnikovich said as he met with representatives of the Indian pharmaceutical companies that are ...and more »
- THURSDAY, March 23, 2017 -- It may be possible to use the sun's energy to power artificial limbs, U.K. researchers report.
The University of Glasgow team previously developed an "electronic skin" covering for prosthetic hands made from graphene, a...
- THURSDAY, March 23, 2017 -- Pediatricians have long suggested that fruit juice may prompt weight gain in children, but a new review finds it harmless when consumed in moderation.
"Based on the current evidence, we didn't find that consuming one...
- THURSDAY, March 23, 2017 -- Having a drink each day may help protect a person's heart against disease, a large-scale study suggests.
But don't bend that elbow too often: drinking to excess can increase your risk for a variety of heart problems, the...
- Here are some of the latest health and medical news developments, compiled by the editors of HealthDay:
AMA Urges Congress to Defeat Trump Health Bill
Congress should oppose Donald Trump's health care bill because it will lead to millions of...
- NeuroVive Pharmaceutical AB Publishes 2016 Annual Report
PR Newswire (press release)
NeuroVive Pharmaceutical AB (Nasdaq Stockholm: NVP, OTCQX: NEVPF), the mitochondrial medicine company, today announced that the English version of the Annual report for 2016 is now available on the company's website www.neurovive.com.and more »
- An experimental therapy in development by Shire for patients with the rare blood disorder hereditary thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (hTTP) has been granted a fast track designation by the US Food and Drug Administration.
Follow @Pharma_NewsUS on Twitter!