- The agency approved a final rule that would increase participants access to health foods
- The CEOtobe tackles the Georgia Dock acquisition targets and new ventures
- The company acquired Belmont Meats earlier this year
- He succeeds Madsen effective Dec 12
- Two employees suffered serious injuries at a company facility in Illinois
- Ohio State Univ research study detailed discovery in one farrowing barn
- Comments will now be taken until Dec 23 on research and promotion
- NRA survey shows new cuts of meat at the top of the list
- Pork exports were the largest since 2014 USMEF reported
- Agriculture Secretary Vilsack said the program should be protected and strengthened
- Almost 50 properties are now under quarantine in Alberta and Saskatchewan
- A rich history provides a sound foundation for generations to come
- A three-year project, involving Bavaria and Austria, to design packaging to keep meat fresher for longer and increase consumer safety has received the backing of Multivac.
- The Canadian government has announced that the country’s pork sector will receive nearly CA$1 million in technological funding.
- Studies have shown that several samples of chicken from Pakistan contain concerning levels of arsenic.
- A partnership between canned produce company Shanghai Maling and New Zealand red meat processor Silver Fern Farms reached completion yesterday (Wednesday, 7 December 2016).
- The organization said they are penalized for port disruptions
- The spice company has released its annual flavor forecast since 2000
- The pizza chain now operates in more than 80 international markets
- Two businessmen were arrested on human trafficking other charges
- The incident occurred at a North Carolina chicken facility
- The company works to focus on customer service while also staying focused on food safety
- Paradigm for Parity Coalition includes 27 CEOs
- Jeffrey Schomburger has worked with the global packaged goods company since 2005
- Labels warning of cancer risks should appear on US processed meat and poultry products, according to The Center for Science and the Public Interest (CSPI).
- The level of mycotoxins found in UK and Irish wheat has increased over the past two years, according to a new survey.
- Russia is close to approving veterinary certificates for exports of meat, in particular heat-treated beef, from the Kaliningrad facility of Miratorg to Japan, Russian veterinary body Rosselkhoznadzor reported on 5 December.
- US pork processor Smithfield Foods has announced plans to reduce its greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 25% by 2025.
- When did protesting agriculture become a professional sport? It’s time for agriculture to speak out against the lies and misconceptions.
- The USDA FSIS has proposed changes to meat and poultry product labels and is asking for public comment for the next 60 days. Weigh in on today's blog.
- Dalhousie Univ forecasts 3 percent to 5 percent increase compared to a year ago
- The jerky company is trying to break into the meat snack world
- Sandell Asset Management wont pursue a consent solicitation
- It's a good time to review medication needs and make sure you have VFD forms you need.
- While we’ve updated our look, the articles you’ll read inside the magazine and on our website won’t change.read more
- The initiative gives more transparency to the US beef value chain
- The pizza chain plans to add 28 more stores over the next eight years
- The Canadian food company plans to invest C10 million in the notforprofit organization
- The cash trade continued its upward momentum for the week ending Dec. 3. Audio File: wkly feedlot recap 2016 12 03 Beef.mp3
- The major protein company commits to reduce 25 by 2025
- Culling of birds in affected countries is being used to mitigate the threat and avoid a repeat of 2015
- Timing number of shares and price have not been determined
- Hilton Food Group is to expand its Australian presence with the announcement that it is to construct a new meat processing facility in Queensland.
- Russia has seen an unprecedented rise in the loss of pigs to African Swine Fever (ASF) in 2016, jumping 12.6 times compared to 2015 to RUB1.2 billion (US$18m), according to estimates from the country’s Ministry of Agriculture.
- Montenegro-based meat processor Novi Monteživ has opened a new processing facility in Nikšić, in the east of the country. The move is in response to increasing demand for high-quality poultry meat in the domestic market, according to senior company representatives.
- China’s supply chain faces a challenge with historically low breeding stock supplies compounded by outbreaks of bird flu in markets China depends on for a regular flow of grandparent birds.
- The chains new Spicy Sriracha Chicken Sandwich will be sold for a limited time
- A nutrition expert is facing charges of unprofessional conduct for suggestion a mom feed her children plenty of saturated fats and proteins.
- Tim Zimmer joined the company in 2011
- Oasis All Natural Chicken is the new name for the companys Halal products
Follow @Meat_Industry_ on Twitter!