- Prologis and CBRE Global Investment Partners have established a new logistics development venture in the UK.
- Economic Times
Ahead of GST, Spear Logistics to Invest Rs 30 crore
MUMBAI: France's FM Logisticsowned Spear Logistics plans to spend 30 crore in the next 6-8 months in ramping up specialised custom-built warehouses in anticipation of a surge in seamless inter-state movement of goods once the GST regime rolls out.and more »
Maritime institute to deliver world class training in logistics, border protection - Jamaica GleanerJamaica Gleaner
Maritime institute to deliver world class training in logistics, border protection
The infrastructural capacity at the Caribbean Maritime Institute (CMI) is to be strengthened to the tune of $310 million for technological equipment, which will, in turn, enable the institution to deliver best-quality training in logistics, freight ...and more »
- The Express Tribune
Pakistan improves on World Bank's logistics index
The Express Tribune
LAHORE: It seems that global monitoring agencies have started recognising the infrastructure development taking place in Pakistan, especially in the wake of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC). The World Bank, in its latest report, noted that ...and more »
- Canadian pension fund manager looks at logistics investment in India
MONTREAL (Reuters) - The real estate arm of Canada's second-largest pension fund manager is looking at India's logistics sector following the announcement this week of its first investment in the country for more than six years, President Daniel ...and more »
- Batasingaram Logistics Park bid may be aborted
The New Indian Express
HYDERABAD: Due to the indifferent attitude of the state government, tenders for the crucial long-pending Logistic Park proposed at Batasingaram, adjoining NH-9 (Mumbai-Hyderabad-Vijayawada) near Ramoji City on the city's outskirts are all set for ...
- News-Press Now
BMS Logistics to embark on project
The former Bayer property at 3915 South 48th Terr. has been sold to BMS Logistics. Part of the Bayer property in the Mitchell Woods Business Park is still for sale. prev. next. A major St. Joseph company has announced plans to pursue an expansion of ...
- Cranes going higher at Port of Oakland's largest marine terminal
To get the most out of a TMS investment, numerous parties across the organization should lend their expertise. All Resources. By Patrick Burnson, Executive Editor · February 24, 2017. Infrastructure investments a the Port of Oakland keep being made, as ...and more »
- Infrastructure investments a the Port of Oakland keep being made, as the ocean cargo gateway continues to post record numbers of container throughput.
- Mobile logistics technology takes long route to consumer-grade devices
Mobility is nothing new to logistics operations in the warehouse and on the road, but finding the right place for smartphones, wearables and tablets takes careful planning. This Article Covers. Mobile ERP. RELATED TOPICS. Barcodes · RFID and ...
Sunoco Logistics Partners LP Filed Form 10-K with the Securities and Exchange Commission - Business Wire (press release)Market Realist
Sunoco Logistics Partners LP Filed Form 10-K with the Securities and Exchange Commission
Business Wire (press release)
NEWTOWN SQUARE, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. (NYSE: SXL) announced today that the Partnership filed its Annual Report on Form 10-K with the Securities and Exchange Commission on February 24, 2017. A copy of the ...
Is Sunoco Logistics Well Placed?Market Realist
Sunoco Logistics Partners LP (SXL) Q4 2016 Results - Earnings Call Transcr
- LaSalle Logiport REIT Pays $107M For Logistics Property
Law360, Minneapolis (February 24, 2017, 3:23 PM EST) -- LaSalle Logiport REIT is buying a Tokyo-area logistics property from fellow Tokyo firm Logistics Feeder 1 Godo Kaisha for 11.95 billion yen ($106.6 million), according to an announcement on Friday ...and more »
- Crain's Detroit Business
Anji Logistics USA picks Warren for North American headquarters
Crain's Detroit Business
Photo by Newmark Grubb Knight Frank Anji Logistics USA Inc. started operations two weeks ago in its new North American headquarters at 13301 Stephens Road in Warren. Anji Logistics USA Inc. chose metro Detroit for its North American headquarters ...
Universal Logistics Holdings' (ULH) CEO Jeff Rogers on Q4 2016 Results - Earnings Call Transcript - Seeking AlphaUniversal Logistics Holdings' (ULH) CEO Jeff Rogers on Q4 2016 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
Hello, and welcome to Universal Logistics Holding's Fourth Quarter 2016 Earnings Conference Call. At this time, all participants are in a listen-only mode. A brief question-and-answer session will follow the formal presentation. During the course of ...
Universal Logistics Holdings Inc. (ULH) Moves Higher on Volume Spike for February 24Equities.com
Universal Logistics Holdings, Inc. R
- Logistics Firm Sues Navy To Halt Rebidding For $26M Contract ...
A logistics firmed has sued the U.S. Navy in the U.S. Court of Federal Claims alleging that the agency had no grounds to pause the firm's award of a nearly $26 ...and more »
- Business Insider
Logistics costs hinder omnichannel services
Retailers have been struggling to implement omnichannel strategies, with only 10% of retail CEOs saying they are able to make a profit while fulfilling omnichannel demand, according to a recent PwC and JDA Software survey. Despite delivering important ...and more »
- Earlier this week, FedEx and the United States Postal Service (USPS) said they have entered into an agreement to extend their air transportation contract, which was originally executed on April 23, 2013, through September 29, 2024.
- Greensboro News & Record
Logistics program aims to lift Western Guilford students' tech ...
Greensboro News & Record
The program aims to help students get hands-on experience with some of the technology and procedures of a modern warehouse, while also understanding ...and more »
- MOL Logistics' plan to expand
February 24 - MOL Logistics has submitted an application with the Indian government to establish a subsidiary in India. heavyliftpfi.com - News Desk Friday 24 February 2017. Share |. According to MOL, the subsidiary will take over the logistics ...and more »
- Logistics Viewpoints (blog)
This Week in Logistics News (February 18 – 24)
Logistics Viewpoints (blog)
On Monday of this week, Kurt Cobain would have turned 50 years old. I remember being twelve years old and watching MTV with my 15-year-old brother the first time I heard Smells Like Teen Spirit in 1991. From the opening chords until the last note, I ...
- United States trade with its North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) partners Canada and Mexico rose 0.4 percent annually to $87.1 billion, according to data issued by the Department of Transportation’s Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS), which was released this week.
- Carloads increased 7.6 percent annually to 263,620, and intermodal containers and trailers saw a 6 percent annual increase to 267,503.
- Prologis (PLD), CBRE Global Investment Partners Form UK Logistics Venture
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here. Prologis, Inc. (NYSE: PLD), the global leader in logistics real estate, and CBRE Global Investment Partners, a division of CBRE Global ...and more »
- Davao International Container Terminal’s (DICT) container terminal has gone live with Navis N4 terminal system in South-eastern Philippines.
- Bangkok Post
New Khon Kaen logistics depot to open in 3 years | Bangkok Post ...
Workers upgrade the tracks that will service a new inland container depot being built at Ban Noen Phayom, in Muang district of Khon Kaen. (Photo by Jakkrapan ...and more »
- DHL Express has unveiled plans to add up to 900 new jobs at its Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Airport hub in the US.
- While traditional domains for DCs (Central Pennsylvania, Dallas–Fort Worth and the Inland Empire) remain very active, Industrial real estate firm JLL has discovered that there is a growing shift to secondary Midwestern markets.
- Seasonally-adjusted (SA) for-hire truck tonnage in January at 138.8 (2000=100) was up 2.9 percent compared to December and up 2.6 percent annually. The annual gain was ahead of a 0.2 percent annual December decline, and the January SA was down 8.9 percent compared to February 2016’s all-time high of 142.7.
- Fourth quarter revenue headed up ten percent annually to $3.68 billion. And net income came in at $27.3 million, or $0.22 per share, which was well ahead of a net loss of $62.8 million, or a loss of $0.58 per share, for the same period a year ago.
- Connected Logistics Market Worth 41.30 Billion USD by 2021
According to a new market research report "Connected Logistics Market by Software (Asset Management, Warehouse IoT, Security, Network Management, Data Management, and Streaming Analytics), Platform, Service, Transportation Mode, Vertical, and ...
Connected logistics market to reach USD 41.30 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 32.7% according to new research reportWhaTechall 8 news articles »
- Tranco Logistics Adds To Team
Locally owned transportation company Tranco Logistics announces the new vice president of Sales and Operations for their OTR department, Brian Starnes. Mr. Starnes is part of a strategic growth plan that Tranco has put in place for 2017. Mr. Starnes ...
- Evonik Technology & Infrastructure’s logistics arm has selected DHL Resilience 360 risk-management solution, in a bid to minimize damage to supply chains.
- APM Terminals has unveiled plans to increase its investment from $70m to $200m at its Port Elizabeth facility in the US.
- APM Terminals is increasing the investment on its Port Elizabeth terminal at the Port of New York and New Jersey from $70m to $200m in preparation for ultra large container ships.
Lidl opts for natrefs in Spanish logistics centre
Lidl's biggest and most sustainable logistics centre in Europe, located in Madrid, Spain, is fitted with an NH3/CO2 cooling system designed and installed by Cofrico. Lidl's biggest and most sustainable logistics centre in Europe features an NH3/CO2 ...and more »
- Logistics Manager
Lego implements new supply chain software
LEGO “Supply chain excellence is critical in an industry driven by seasonality and the most unique – and important – customers,” said Ulrik Gernow, chief business transformation officer, the LEGO Group. “It's our aim to achieve an agile and ...and more »
- Logistics Manager
Gardman relocates to Daventry
Garden products supplier Gardman has taken a 416,412 sq ft warehouse at Prologis' Prologis Apex Park in Daventry. Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 15.47.33 The building, which will complete the third phase of Prologis Apex Park, will be Gardman's new ...and more »
- Logistics Manager
Evonik chooses DHL risk management
The system delivers real-time analysis of issues that trucks, trains and vessels can experience on their transport routes. Bad weather, manufacturing issues and road closures are some of the scenarios that the software analyses. “Particularly in ...and more »
- Hindustan Times
SBI holds logistics employee liable for bogus 'Children Bank of India' notes
An SBI ATM is south Delhi dispensed fake Rs 2,000 bankotes with 'Children's Bank of India' printed on them instead of Reserve Bank of India. (Pratik Chorge/HT File Photo). The State Bank of India has held an employee of a logistics and cash management ...and more »
- Evan Armstrong shares views on 3PL's expanding role in returns
Special Digital Issue: Eight feature stories that neatly encapsulate the new technology and processes that are revolutionizing logistics and supply chain operations. All Resources. By Patrick Burnson, Executive Editor · February 22, 2017. As the ...
- There are scores of third-party logistics providers out there to help shippers more efficiently manage returns, with many more looking to enter the marketplace.
- Mid America Logistics Launches "App-Less" Smartphone Tracking
SAINT LOUIS, Mo., Feb. 22, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Mid America Freight Logistics, LLC (Mid America) has announced a major advancement in its proprietary Transportation Management Software (TMS). Starting today, Mid America will be offering its truckload ...and more »
- Supply chains and the solutions used for managing them have become increasingly important as businesses become more global and interconnected.
- Online logistics firm Novire aims 40 per cent growth
Hindu Business Line
Mumbai-based Novire Technologies plans to grow by 40 per cent this year as it bets on its upcoming app, along with cloud, big data and IoT to drive growth this year. Being privately held, Novire does not disclose turnover or profitability but said that ...
- 2016 saw U.S. West Coast ports increase their collective share of containerized trade through seaports on the U.S. mainland.
- The Intermodal Association of North America (IANA) examined the rise of e-commerce and the future of expedited intermodal at its last annual conference, and will likely address the issue in greater detail throughout the year.
- BGI Wordwide Logistics, Inc. celebrates their 18th anniversary
American Journal of Transportation
SIGNAL HILL, Calif. - This month marks the 18th anniversary of BGI Worldwide Logistics, a domestic and international freight forwarding company. Founded in 1999 as a two-person operation, the company has grown to more than 30 employees with ...
- Sports Perspectives
PBF Logistics LP (PBFX) Ex-Dividend Date Scheduled for February 23, 2017
PBF Logistics LP ( PBFX ) will begin trading ex-dividend on February 23, 2017. A cash dividend payment of $0.45 per share is scheduled to be paid on March 13, 2017. Shareholders who purchased PBFX prior to the ex-dividend date are eligible for the cash ...
PBF Logistics LP (PBFX) Earns Neutral Rating from Credit Suisse GroupBNB Daily (blog)
PBF Logistics LP (PBFX) to Issue Quarterly Dividend
Global and China Third-party Logistics Industry Report, 2016-2020 - Research and Markets - Yahoo FinanceGlobal and China Third-party Logistics Industry Report, 2016-2020 - Research and Markets
Third-party logistics can not only help companies complete cargo movement but effectively reduce logistics costs and speed up cargo turnover, fully meeting their requirements on logistics quality. Therefore, third-party logistics develops rapidly. In ...and more »
St. George Logistics' Executive Chairman Chris Jamroz to Present at the Baird 2017 Private Company Technology and ... - Yahoo FinanceSt. George Logistics' Executive Chairman Chris Jamroz to Present at the Baird 2017 Private Company Technology and ...
St. George Logistics (“STG”), North America's largest provider of outsourced container freight station (“CFS”) services and a leading provider of value-added warehousing and distribution solutions, announces that its Executive Chairman, Chris Jamroz ...and more »
Follow @Logistics_news_ on Twitter!