- Welcome to Recruiter QA, where we pose employment-related questions to the experts and share their answers! Have a question you'd like to ask? Leave it in the comments, and you might just see it in the next installment of Recruiter QA!Today's Question: What drew you to this industry? Why did you decide to make a career out of
- As the largest generation in the workforce, millennials get a lot of attention. Many companies only concern themselves with recruiting and retaining this coveted demographic – but this will soon be a mistake. "Millennial" is no longer synonymous with "young" and "cool"; they're getting older – buying houses, starting families, and moving on with their lives and careers. There's a whole new generation on the scene, searching for employment, and it's definitely ...
- Gunmaker to create 75 new jobs outside Savannah
The Daily Progress
BLACK CREEK, Ga. (AP) — A Georgia firearms maker is planning to expand its Savannah-area operations and create about 75 jobs. Gov. Nathan Deal's office said in a news release Wednesday that Daniel Defense is set to spend $29.5 million to expand its ...and more »
Sounding smart about jobs: six things to know today
Georgia's unemployment rate rose to 5.1 percent in September from 4.9 percent in August, the state labor department said Thursday. But economists often discount the unemployment rate because it can be misleading. When they do, they cite reports like ...and more »
- Politico (blog)
How 'bad' was the jobs report Trump is blasting?
“Last week as you know, the end of last week, they came out with an anemic jobs report. A terrible jobs report. I said, 'Is that the last jobs report before the election?' Because if it is, I should win easily. The report was so bad.”-- Donald Trump ...
Clinton: Trump sheds 'crocodile tears' over outsourcing jobs
Hillary Clinton on Wednesday painted Donald Trump's championing of working-class voters as a hypocritical ploy, accusing him of shedding "crocodile tears" while outsourcing jobs when building his own businesses. "Donald has bought Chinese steel and ...
Clinton on Trump: Only one of us has shipped jobs to MexicoCNBCall 9,177 news articles »
- Fact Check: Clinton's claim that Trump's plan would cost 3.5 million jobs
THE FACT CHECKER | Mark Zandi, a well-respected economist at Moodys Analytics, did issue a report saying that if Trump's economic plans were fully implemented, 3.5 million jobs would disappear, incomes would stagnate, debt would explode and stock ...and more »
JEDO: Reser's to add 180 new jobs in Topeka, build new facility
TOPEKA (WIBW) -- Reser's Fine Foods unveiled a major project at Wednesday night's Joint Economic Development Organization meeting. They will be making a $86.5-million capital investment in Topeka with a new 250,000-300,000 square-foot facility ...and more »
Going Casual: Australia's Workforce Sees Slump in Full-Time Jobs
Australia's job market is going casual. The nation saw its biggest monthly drop in full-time jobs in five years in September, a report showed Thursday, sending down the local dollar. The 162,800 part-time positions added in the year so far is the ...
Australia loses 9.8K jobs – AUD/USD erases gainsForex Crunchall 14 news articles »
Aussie Declines After Surprise Drop in Jobs Fuels Rate Cut Bets
Australia's dollar fell for the first time in seven days against the greenback after employers unexpectedly cut jobs, spurring traders to raise bets the central bank will cut interest rates next month. The Aussie slid against all its major peers as ...and more »
Saint-Gobain expansion creates 130 new jobs in Portage
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics leaders, from left, Tom Kinisky, Steve Maddox and Dennis Woolvertone talk to quality control employee Pamela Madsen on Wednesday at the Portage plant. The company's $11.5 million expansion has resulted in 130 new ...
- Seattle nonprofit seeks to help people with criminal records get jobs in tech
A coding class at XXX. Credit: Unloop. A robotics class at Washington Corrections Center for Women. Credit: Unloop. In the U.S., about two-thirds of all prison inmates will get arrested again within three years of their release, and a main reason for ...
AOL co-founder to Trump supporters: The jobs we lost aren't coming back
The jobs lost to technology won't be brought back by putting up walls — so we need to embrace the future, Steve Case, co-founder of AOL, told CNBC's "Power Lunch" on Wednesday. "I do understand some of the Trump support — a lot of people are angry, ...and more »
- Chicago Sun-Times
Ald. Munoz: Hispanics get short-shrift in city policymaking jobs
Mayor Rahm Emanuel chats with Ald. Ricardo Munoz (22nd) at City Council meeting at City Hall on Wednesday, Dec. 9, 2015. | Ashlee Rezin/For the Sun-Times. Fran Spielman · @fspielman | email ...
Senator: GM 'pledges' jobs
A change at the GM plant in Defiance is putting more than 150 jobs in jeopardy. However, an Ohio Congressman said he's gotten word those jobs may be here to stay. Credit: Starbase Indiana · After-school program encourages STEM education. 5:43 pm.
- Are you making the most of your phone screenings?While a lot of organizations use their phone screenings as glorified interview-scheduling opportunities, the better approach is to use these calls to rule out bad hires. That way, you can ensure that your organization is dedicating its time and resources to candidates who are actually worth it during the interview process. Why make the hiring manager waste half an hour talking ...
- FuelFix (blog)
Enbridge cuts jobs in Houston and Canada
Calgary-based Enbridge on Wednesday eliminated 160 U.S. jobs, including about 45 in Houston, as part of the Canadian pipeline giant's 5 percent workforce reduction overall. The vast majority of the 530 jobs lost are in Canada, where 370 positions were ...
Enbridge cuts 5% of workforce, including 370 jobs in CanadaCBC.caall 23 news articles »
Remembering David Bunnell, the Macworld founder who relished lying to...
In memory of David Bunnell (1947-2016), we share this classic story of how Macworld's famous first cover story came to be. david bunnell. Comments. Macworld Staff | @macworld. Editors, Macworld. Oct 19, 2016 12:37 PM. David Bunnell (1947-2016), ...and more »
LeEco plans 12000 jobs at Santa Clara campus
LeEco, a China-based tech firm involved in an array of industries, said Wednesday that it intends to hire 12,000 people at a Santa Clara campus as it pushes ahead with new technology offerings and goes after Silicon Valley giants such as Apple, Google, ...and more »
- Chicago Tribune
65 jobs moving from Lake County to Wisconsin - Chicago Tribune
Colbert Packaging, Lake Forest carton- and box-maker, is moving 65 jobs from Lake County to Kenosha, Wis., citing "the state's favorable business climate."and more »
- Indianapolis Star
Indianapolis prepared to claw back Rexnord's tax breaks if jobs move to Mexico
Indianapolis Mayor Joe Hogsett is ready to hop a plane to Milwaukee and offer Rexnord Corp. President Kevin Zaba whatever it takes to keep the company's 300 manufacturing jobs in the city. Zaba has not extended an invitation. "Candidly, he did not ask ...and more »
- Fox News
'Draw them to punch you': 2 Dem operatives lose jobs after undercover video comments
Two Democratic operatives are out of a job after a controversial conservative activist released undercover footage showing discussions of "busing" in voters and inciting violence at Republican rallies. Scott Foval, the national field director of ...
Two Democratic operatives lose jobs after James O'Keefe stingWashington Post
James O'Keefe's Latest Videos Cost Two Dem Operatives Their JobsNew Y
- There's no single ingredient to success more important than people. That's why, as a business leader, you should take the time to carefully choose whom you surround yourself with on a daily basis. You'll likely spend more time with them than you spend with members of your own family. Your team members are the ones you'll introduce to your clients, and you'll rely on them to represent your organization's core values when you're not around.Every day, I work with businesses ...
- As strange as it may sound, I think of looking for a job a little bit like dating. Unless you are a reality T.V. show contestant, you've probably never gone on a first date hoping the other person would marry you. You're there to get to know them and to decide whether or not there might be a second date.The same holds true when interviewing for a job. Just ...
- Little business is conducted these days without a digital element, yet many in the board room still aren't properly versed in the latest strategies to support the digital economy. The business world is rapidly changing as new technologies provide automation and collect more data than ever before, and companies need digital leaders who can steer them into the future with their understandings of these solutions."A digital leader is able to successfully adjust to and navigate the new business
The big free trade deal moving auto jobs to Mexico isn't NAFTA
U.S. auto employment, including parts makers, has risen 50 percent, to about 925,000, since the aftermath of the 2008 recession. Tim Mullaney, special to CNBC.com. 7 Hours Ago CNBC.com. SHARES ...and more »
- Los Angeles Times
If Trump starts a trade war, California could lose 640000 jobs
Los Angeles Times
Los Angeles would be the worst affected county in America, losing 176,000 jobs by 2019, if Donald Trump is elected president and fulfills his campaign pledge to unleash trade wars with China and Mexico. Another 60,000 jobs would be lost in Orange County.and more »
- Money Magazine
Where the Candidates Stand on the Economy and Jobs
Getting the slow-growing GDP to pick up the pace and provide the opportunities you need is mission one for the candidates. Nearly eight years after the Great Recession, this doesn't feel like a true recovery. Despite job gains, wage growth is tepid ...and more »
California Restaurants Launch Nation's First Transgender Jobs - NPR
The unemployment rate for transgender people is double that of the general population. Now, California has set up the nation's first ever large-scale program to ...
California Restaurants Cooperate to Launch Transgender Jobs ProgramBreitbart News
California Restaurants Have Started the Nation's First Transgender Jobs ProgramGrub Streetall 7 news articles »
- New York Times
Business Day|Ford Plants Go to Mexico, but US Jobs Stay Around
New York Times
Ford's factory in Wayne, Mich., will focus on making trucks and S.U.V.s, while production of smaller cars will be moved to a plant in Mexico. Credit Doug Mills/The New York Times. DETROIT — In the summer of 2008, with the Great Recession underway and ...
- Talent management tech company Saba's latest survey tells a "tale of two problems," according to Theresa Damato, the company's vice president of worldwide marketing.The first problem is a missing feedback channel between employees and organizations. According to the survey, the majority ...
- When we picture leaders – the real movers and shakers of the world, whether they be political figures, lauded innovators, or even a great teacher you had in school – we tend to think of them as larger-than-life personages whose charisma and sheer brilliance allowed them to make massive strides in their fields.But according to Samuel Bacharach, cofounder and director of program development at the SoHo-based leadership consultancy Bacharach Leadership Group (BLG), ...
- The Atlantic
Privilege Helps Men—but Not Women—Get Fancy Jobs - The Atlantic
It may not surprise anyone that people from wealthy backgrounds have an advantage in landing some of the most lucrative jobs in the country. Privileged ...and more »
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, it costs an average of $13,996 to replace an employee. That means hiring managers need to take the time to turn their new hires into top performers. Otherwise, they'll be wasting a lot of money when those underperforming employees either jump ship or get fired.The following eight tips for onboarding new employees can help you ensure that your new ...
- Aѕ you sit dоwn tо prepare for аn uрсоming interview, it iѕ imроrtаnt tо understand thаt thе сеntrаl question the hiring mаnаgеr iѕ trуing to answer iѕ, "Whу ѕhоuld I hire you?" Yоur objective iѕ tо mаkе аnѕwеring this quеѕtiоn аn easy task. You nееd to mk
- While the general unemployment rate hovers just under five percent, the technology sector is markedly lower at 2.7 percent, according to a report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Which such a low unemployment rate, talent in the tech field is in very high demand, and the advantage in the job market lies with the ...
- Today, October 17, is Boss's Day.And no, this isn't one of those appreciation days created by Hallmark, the National Association of Employers, or some other group that stands to potentially gain from it. In fact, Boss's Day was first instituted in 1958 by a secretary at an insurance company.The key questions raised by this ...
- Shipbuilders Worried About Jobs While Navy Celebrates Ship
The futuristic USS Zumwalt has joined the Navy in a high-profile ceremony, and another destroyer has headed out to sea for the first time. Both are successes for shipbuilder Bath Iron Works in Maine, but many shipbuilders aren't in the mood for ...and more »
- FuelFix (blog)
Luminant cutting 132 Texas jobs with mine closure
The state's largest power generator, Dallas-based Luminant, said it will eliminate 132 jobs in December as it shutters its Oak Hill mine south of Longview in East Texas. As coal power plants continue to struggle financially with natural gas and ...and more »
- FOX 11 Los Angeles
Amazon.com hiring 10000 holiday seasonal jobs at SoCal job fair
FOX 11 Los Angeles
MORENO VALLEY, Calif. (FOX 11) - Looking for a job? Amazon is hiring right here in Southern California! Amazon representatives are at the Moreno Valley Conference and Recreation Center located at 14075 Frederick Street. The company wants to fill up to ...
- The 20 most in-demand jobs in the nation
This story is sponsored by KSL Jobs. Look forward to Monday. Find your dream job. “I was looking for a job and then I found a job, and heaven knows I'm miserable now.” Or so goes the famous Smiths' tune. But what if your job didn't make you miserable?
Fischer says Fed 'very close' to goals for US jobs, inflation
Federal Reserve Vice Chairman Stanley Fischer attends a televised interview during the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City's annual Jackson Hole Economic Policy Symposium in Jackson Hole, Wyoming August 28, 2015. REUTERS/Jonathan Crosby.and more »
Amazon is Hiring! 120000 Jobs Available Nationwide
As the holiday season inches closer, major retailers are preparing for the shopping surge. But first, they'll need more workers. Amazon is now looking to hire some 120,000 people across the country to fill seasonal openings at fulfillment centers ...
- Solar advocates say PUC plan to limit incentives would cost Maine jobs
HALLOWELL — Solar advocates held a news conference at noon on Monday to voice their support for policies that promote small-scale solar energy, in advance of a public hearing on proposed rules that would phase out financial incentives for homeowners ...and more »
- 3000 jobs for hire at Milwaukee Career Expo
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
More than 100 employers with more than 3,000 job openings registered for the Milwaukee Career Expo Wednesday. Loading… Post to Facebook. 3,000 jobs for hire at Milwaukee Career Expo More than 100 employers with more than 3,000 job openings ...and more »
- BizTimes.com (Milwaukee)
GE Healthcare adding jobs at Oak Creek repair center
When GE Healthcare announced plans to move repair operations to a former Staples warehouse in Oak Creek, the company hoped to add 40 new technical positions to the 87 jobs being relocated. To date, the company has added 60 technical positions and ...
- FuelFix (blog)
General Electric cutting 255 Houston jobs; keeping Channelview complex open
General Electric said it will eliminate 255 Houston-area jobs, but the industrial giant will keep its Channelview facility open as a repair services shop. GE said in September that it planned to shut down much of its turbine repair operations at its ...and more »
- Balancing a rowing shell – a very long, very narrow vessel only a couple of inches off the water – is like going backwards on a fast-moving skateboard with only one wheel.Balance is helped, however, by the 10-foot oars on each side, along with an almost infinite number of other variables. The basic building blocks of balance are body position, core strength, and hand control. If your concentration is off for a second, you lose balance and stabilization and the boat flops ...
- For an introvert, it doesn't get much scarier than a panel job interview. Speaking in front of a group of people can get the sweat pouring. It may not be an easy feat, but there are some things you can do to reduce your stress and impress your jury of potential employers.Try these tips to conquer your fears and shine during a panel interview:Get DetailsAsk ...
- Hadoop tool finds low-hanging fruit for migrating data warehouse jobs
It is still difficult to move existing data warehouse jobs to Hadoop, but helpful tools are emerging. A Hadoop tool known as Cloudera Navigator Optimizer is one. This Article Covers. Hadoop. RELATED TOPICS. Big data management · Data modeling · DW ...
Follow @Jobs_news_US on Twitter!