Robots that steal human jobs should pay taxes, Gates says
Bill Gates, the co-founder of Microsoft and world's richest man, said in an interview Friday that robots that steal human jobs should pay their fair share of taxes. “Right now, the human worker who does, say, $50,000 worth of work in a factory, that ...
Bill Gates says robots that steal human jobs should pay taxesRecode
Bill Gates Wants to Tax the Robots That Are Stealing Our JobsThe Fiscal Times
Bill Gates Wants
- Topeka Capital Journal
Letter: Jobs not likely to return under Donald Trump
Topeka Capital Journal
President Donald Trump is very likely to find it difficult, if not impossible, to fulfill his promise to return jobs. The rapidly accelerating pace of technological advancements in robotics and artificial intelligence will probably cause the president ...
- LA Daily News
On the road, Trump's jobs promises cheered
LA Daily News
President Donald Trump speaks to Boeing employees, Friday, Feb. 17, 2017, in the final assembly building at Boeing South Carolina in North Charleston, S.C. The president visited the plant where Boeing rolled out the first 787-10 Dreamliner aircraft ...
Trump returns to his roots with rousing campaign-style speech on jobsFox News
Trump Talks Jobs At Boeing Plant In South CarolinaNPR
Trump Visits Boeing to Tout Jobs, Manufactu
Unisys part of network helping military spouses find jobs
Kalia Perry has done that for 17 years living in four different places starting at Fort McPherson. "And then from there Germany, and from Germany, Alabama, and now, Augusta," said Perry, "Everybody is not a house wife." And she's certainly not one. She ...
- The Commercial Appeal
In grocery, e-commerce grows brick-and-mortar jobs
The Commercial Appeal
Kroger employee Natashia Ingram is a ClickList selector. ClickList is the grocery store's online shopping tool customers can use to do their shopping from home. Ingram will take an order and do in-store shopping for the customer. Yalonda M. James/The ...and more »
Maryland Heights sets rules for officers who work second jobs in uniform
MARYLAND HEIGHTS • A considerable number of Maryland Heights' 88 police officers work secondary employment, in uniform, within the city. There is now in place a procedure governing that activity and contract requirements through which the employers ...
- Union Boss Trumka Praises Trump for Keeping Carrier Jobs in US
Washington Free Beacon
AFL-CIO union boss Richard Trumka praised President Donald Trump on Friday for keeping jobs in the United States. While appearing on MSNBC's Meet the Press Daily, Trumka was asked what he thought of Trump working to keep jobs from moving ...
- Michigan Radio
Tale of two cities: Despite rebound, study says Detroit short 100000 jobs
Investment in Detroit's midtown/downtown core has not led to job growth in the city's neighborhoods. Wikimedia user, Andrew Jameson / http://michrad.io/1LXrdJM. Listen. Listening... /. 8:32. Stateside's conversation with Gary Sands, professor emeritus ...
Facebook formally launches new jobs functionality
Job listings can be found in the 'jobs' button under the 'explore' tab on the left-hand side of the News Feed. Also, some listings will appear within the News Feed itself. When a user applies for a position, admins will receive a message.
Check your privacy filters: Facebook could be the new LinkedInCNET
You can now apply for jobs through FacebookABC10.com
Take the Work Out of Hiring | Facebook for BusinessFacebook
- Wall Street Journal (blog) (subscription)
At Boeing, Trump Promises More Jobs, US Manufacturing
Wall Street Journal (blog) (subscription)
President Trump praised airplane manufacturer Boeing on Friday, and expressed plans to build up the U.S. military. Photo: AP. Recommended for you. 2:52 Up Next. This medical device scans your brain on... 2/16/2017 12:30PM · 3:44. Opinion Journal: ...and more »
Mark Cuban on Trump Administration, Future of Jobs
Billionaire investor Mark Cuban, owner of the Dallas Mavericks, discusses his views on the Trump administration and the future of jobs. He speaks with Bloomberg's Cory Johnson at the NBA All-Star Technology Summit in New Orleans. (Source: Bloomberg) ...
Why Trump's Plan to Bring Back Coal Jobs Makes No Sense
On Thursday, President Trump signed legislation blocking the Stream Protection Rule, a key Obama regulation that limited mining companies from dumping excess spoil into waterways. Waste from mining operations can contain sulfur-bearing minerals which ...
Coal pollution rule killed by the GOP would have created as many jobs as it cost: ReportCNBC
Promise Kept: Donald Trump Overturns Obama Rule Killing Mining JobsBreitba
- Los Angeles Times
What happened when factory jobs moved from Warren, Ohio, to Juarez, Mexico
Los Angeles Times
Chris Wade reached into the darkness to silence his blaring alarm clock. It was 4:30 on a frigid winter morning in Warren, Ohio, and outside a fresh layer of snow blanketed the yard. Thank God, Wade thought to himself. He would be able to get out his ...
Trump and jobs: A running fact check
Once again, President Trump has taken credit for the creation of thousands of jobs, and for helping keep jobs in the United States. "If I didn't get elected, believe me, they would have left, and these jobs and these things that I'm announcing would ...and more »
Trump touts jobs at Boeing aircraft unveiling
Bob Unruh joined WND in 2006 after nearly three decades with the Associated Press, as well as several Upper Midwest newspapers, where he covered everything from legislative battles and sports to tornadoes and homicidal survivalists. He is also a ...and more »
- Philadelphia magazine
Where Did All The Jobs Go? Michael Nutter Took Them!
Michael Nutter in May 2015, when he was still mayor and didn't have quite so many jobs. | Photo: Matt Rourke/Associated Press. The official U.S. unemployment rate last month was 4.8 percent. Some say the actual unemployment rate is higher, for various ...and more »
- Washington Post
Trump promises focus on jobs, lower taxes in speech at Boeing factory
February 17, 2017 12:28 PM EST - President Trump promised to work to keep manufacturing companies in the U.S., and to lower taxes for businesses, speaking at the unveiling of the Boeing 787 Dreamliner on Feb. 17 in North Charleston, S.C. (The ...
Expert: We Can Have Universal Basic Income and Jobs
Economics expert Brad Voracek thinks proponents of basic income and job guarantee programs should be supporting either option or even pushing for a combination of both. With automation poised to replace up to 47% of jobs in the U.S. alone, enacting ...and more »
- Norway's Oil Jobs Prospects Recover
The number of job vacancies in Norway's oil and gas industry rose in the fourth quarter last year compared to the fourth quarter of 2015, in what could be early signs of recovery after the oil price slump. The number of job openings in mining and ...
- As the Information Age becomes the Age of AI, it leaves many of us futurecasting what's in store, particularly in recruiting and hiring.Depending on whom you ask, you'll receive different opinions on what AI is and what it isn't. According to the White House's Preparing for the Future of Artificial Intelligence report,
- Welcome to Top 10, Recruiter.com's weekly rundown of the best of the best in recruiting! Every Friday, we release a list of some of our favorite people, things, and ideas dominating the industry. From awesome tech tools and cool companies to great books and powerful trends, no stone in the recruiting space will be left unturned.This ...
Merkel says to do all she can to secure Opel jobs in Germany
The logo of German car manufacturer Opel is pictured at the compnay headquarters in Ruesselsheim , Germany February 15, 2017. REUTERS/Ralph Orlowski. By Paul Carrel and Edward Taylor | BERLIN/RUESSELSHEIM, Germany.and more »
- Yahoo Finance
Accenture to create 15000 jobs in US
(Reuters) - Accenture Plc said on Friday it would create 15,000 "highly skilled" new jobs in the United States, as IT services firms brace for a more protectionist U.S. technology visa program under President Donald Trump. The company, which is ...
Accenture Joins Trump's Job Creation DriveFortuneall 11 news articles »
- USA TODAY
Fight for $50000 careers, not $15 jobs: Column
New congressional session, same old partisan divisiveness. Not that anyone expected anything less. But there is one issue that can and should unite the partisan divide: Raising wages for American workers. Median wages remain below their 1990s levels.
- These Are The Top Three Reasons People Quit Their Jobs
Forget work-life balance: These other factors have more of an impact on retaining employees. These Are The Top Three Reasons People Quit Their Jobs. [Photo: Flickr user Cory Doctorow]. More from The Future of Work · Working With Autism And ADHD.
10 Jobs That Let You Live Your Passion (And What They Pay)
When people think of their dream jobs, they often imagine an occupation in which a steady income comes hand in hand with activities and duties that they simply love—the cross-section of profession and passion. Those types of positions can be tough to ...
- Diversity makes teams better. Remarkable progress can happen when inclusion is at your organizational core.(Before we go any further – spoilers ahead!)Theodore Melfi's Hidden Figures is the film adaptation of the incredible true story of the women who crushed stereotypes to become recognized as some of the greatest intellectual minds at NASA. When our ...
- Millions of Americans have used 401(k) plans to save for retirement, but one significant segment of the workforce has long struggled to gain access to these plans: employees of small businesses. Thanks to a spate of new and potential legislation in states like California, Oregon, Illinois, and others, that could soon change."If you work for a small ...
The 10 hottest developer jobs of 2017
- Recruiting is no longer an activity that only takes place when a company has a vacancy to fill. Today, recruitment happens 24/7/365. Smart employers are constantly on the lookout for opportunities to reach and engage prospective hires.How a Recruitment Website Can HelpIn an improving job market where candidates have increased leverage and multiple opportunities, it's the employer that has to do the selling. In an effort to differentiate themselves, many companies are trying to enhance their
10 Promising Jobs In 2017 And The Skills You Need To Get Them
Job seekers spend a lot of time playing up relevant experience for the positions they covet. In doing so, they research job requirements and industry trends and look for experience that could get them noticed by companies on the lookout for talent. To ...
- According to HireRight's 2016 Employment Screening Benchmark Report, 34 percent of HR departments strive for a more efficient candidate experience. That number may not be terribly high, but it's still a good trend to see: The more efficient the hiring process is, the better an employer will be at wooing candidates.In the effort to make hiring processes go more smoothly, some think that integrations between applicant tracking systems (ATSs) and ...
- Congratulations, you made it through another year of recruiting! That means you understand the triumphs and trials this field has to offer. Those who have been in the industry for the past 10 years have seen changes they never could have imagined.From online profiles to mobile-friendly applications, there's no doubt recruiting has evolved immensely in recent times – and will continue to do so. But are these advancements helping recruiters or ...
- Did you know that Marissa Mayer reviews every new hire at Yahoo? Google's cofounders do the same. Mark Zuckerberg also spends a lot of his time recruiting talent, which may be one of the reasons why Facebook is so successful at hiring the right people at the right time.It's clear from these examples ...
- As you progress in your career, finding a new job can become harder and harder. One of the big reasons for this has to do with salary. When you first start working, you are generally open to just about any job and will happily take a tiny paycheck. However, as you rise through the ranks of your industry, your salary requirements will evolve.One challenging situation that many job seekers face is ...
- Throughout my career, I have been fortunate to find outstanding mentors to guide me through my profession and to help me find ways to work for causes I am passionate about. If you're looking for a mentor to help you reach the next stage of your career, there are four things you should do:1. Self-ReflectThe first step in finding a good mentor involves reflecting on where you ...
- Welcome to Recruiter QA, where we pose employment-related questions to the experts and share their answers! Have a question you'd like to ask? Leave it in the comments, and you might just see it in the next installment of Recruiter QA!Today's Question: How can job seekers convey their soft skills, either ...
- Here's a fact: Very few people like reading resumes – especially those who read hundreds of resumes a week. Ask any recruiter, and they'll probably tell you it's one of their least favorite parts of the job.I critique and write resumes as part of my job. I've read hundreds of them and have conducted numerous critique sessions, but I've got nothing on recruiters. The only bright spot in this whole ...
- Mark Cuban makes major jobs prediction for next 3 years
Billionaire businessman Mark Cuban on Tuesday predicted the U.S. will see greater change in the jobs market and economy over the next three years than it has the last three decades. "With artificial intelligence, machine learning, neural networks, we ...and more »
- New York Times
De Blasio's 'jobs plan' is a laughable con
New York Post
Mayor de Blasio must've thought he was doing stand-up comedy Monday night at the Apollo — because his vow to create 100,000 jobs was a real knee-slapper. Hizzoner was focusing his State of the City speech on Gotham's “affordability crisis.” He said ...
Bill de Blasio Underscores Focus on 'Good-Paying' Jobs After SpeechNew York Times
Can a Push for 'Good Jobs' Solve New York City's Affordability Crisis?The
Top Jobs For 2017 Texas College Graduates
Career resource guide Zippia culled mounds of data from government sources and elsewhere to come up with a list of top jobs for graduates. By Tony Cantu (Patch Staff) - February 14, 2017 7:43 pm ET. Top Jobs For 2017 Texas College ...
- GOP's ObamaCare replacement should also boost jobs
New York Post
On Saturday, Democratic Sens. Chuck Schumer and Bernie Sanders called for nationwide protests to stop Republicans from repealing the Affordable Care Act. The trigger event was Friday's confirmation of Dr. Tom Price as President Trump's secretary of ...and more »
- My Panhandle
GKN Aerospace bringing 170 jobs to Bay County
PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla. - The St. Joe Company and the Bay Economic Development Alliance announced Tuesday that a large aviation company is coming to Bay County. GKN Aerospace, "one of the world's largest independent first tier suppliers to the ...and more »
- Mayor weighs in on IBM adding 100 jobs to Columbia location
ABC 17 News told you about Wednesday's IBM job fair Monday night, and now Columbia's mayor is weighing in. The company made job commitments to the state and the city of Columbia when it opened its location on Lemone Industrial Boulevard in 2010.and more »
1.3 Million Jobs Created By Closing Trade Deficit Says Think Tank
“Unless U.S. manufacturers can accelerate their productivity growth, it will be difficult for them to compete with manufacturers in other nations,” said Information Technology and Innovation Foundation. “Productivity stagnation is a major reason why ...and more »
- When Alameda, California-based architecture firm MBH Architects' lease was up, the company decided it was time for a change. Rather than renegotiate, MBH found a former biological manufacturing laboratory a mile away from its existing office, gutted the space, and created an office tailored to its business practices, organizational values, and company culture."At first, we realized it ...
- USA TODAY
Keep plugging, entrepreneurs: A guy named Steve Jobs failed, too
Q: Steve, I think I am done with the self-employment thing. You talk about it like it is so great and all, but I just lost $10,000 and now I probably have to go back to work for a boss I really don't like. I wish I didn't, but what choice do I have ...
- Dismal pay forces Utah teachers to take 2nd jobs to support families
OGDEN — Traci Parkinson has 28 years of classroom experience and a master's degree. But when she finishes teaching for the day, she changes into a T-shirt, grabs a garbage bin and starts her part-time job as school custodian. "The pay just is not ...and more »
- Houston Business Journal
Major hospital system to cut 89 jobs in The Woodlands, Conroe (update)
Houston Business Journal
Update: This story has been updated to include a statement from CHI St. Luke's Health below. CHI St. Luke's Health, one of the largest health care systems in Houston, plans to cut about 89 jobs in The Woodlands and Conroe due to some facility closures.and more »
Americans Should Be More Worried About Losing Service Jobs
We are going to look at the proposed tax reform on a philosophical level first and then drill down into the nitty-gritty of the actual proposals. Many people agree that the first objective for tax reform must be to create jobs. The entire transition ...
The "Myth" Of Factory Jobs Coming Back To AmericaBuzzFeed Newsall 2 news articles »
Follow @Jobs_news_US on Twitter!