3 Reasons to Eat Your Fruit and Vegetables
Studies show that your health improves when you eat the proper amount of fruit and vegetables. For generations, we have known that the consumption of fruit and vegetables is good for our health, as multiple studies have shown that we live longer when ...
- Former Waitrose buyer Amy Lance has returned from sabbatical to a new role as head of technical at box scheme
You could be paying over-inflated prices for your fruit and ...
The Competition Commission believes that consumers could be forking out more than necessary for the fresh produce items in their grocery basket.and more »
- Giles Quick calls on grocery industry to drive convenience and save consumers time by offering meal solutions rather than just ingredients
- Olympic cycling medallist Becky James is new face of British asparagus, with growers calling for more support from retailers this season
- Supply code breaches down 20 per cent since 2014, according to adjudicator, with Aldi coming top in compliance survey
- Retailer reports a number of fruit lines see significant sales uplifts in the last fortnight, compared to the year before
- Retailer has said it will take an extra 220,000 heads of Cornish caulis to help shift heavy volumes in a move welcomed by growers
The Greenery and Greenco promote Dutch fruit vegetables during EDEKA Hausmesse
Last weekend, Edwin den Hollander and Jan Zegwaard were present during the EDEKA Hausmesse in Hof for The Greenery and Greenco, respectively. With a greenhouse as a miniature vegetable wonderland, the EDEKA shop employees, who were ...
Exports of fruit & vegetables to Japan increasing
In 2016, the Netherlands exported 402,000 kilograms of snack tomatoes to Japan. That is 134,000 kilograms more than in the previous year. Strawberries were supplied for the third year in a row. The volume grew considerably compared to 2015: from 60,000 ...
- Discounter joins other retail backers in public show of support for placing farming at the heart of food production policies
- Preserving and Processing of Fruit and Vegetables in South Africa ...
PR Newswire (press release)
LONDON, March 21, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Preserving and Processing of Fruit and Vegetables: The processing of fruit and vegetables is a sector of the ...and more »
Preserving and Processing of Fruit and Vegetables in South Africa 2016 - PR Newswire (press release)Preserving and Processing of Fruit and Vegetables in South Africa 2016
PR Newswire (press release)
LONDON, March 21, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Preserving and Processing of Fruit and Vegetables: The processing of fruit and vegetables is a sector of the agro-processing industry that has become increasingly important to South African manufacturing and was ...and more »
- Growing fruit and vegetables: Sean Murray's tips for North East gardeners
Sean Murray won the BBC/RHS Chelsea Garden Challenge 2015. Here is his column for gardeners in the North East. Share; Comments. BySean Murray. 18:27, 21 MAR 2017; Updated 18:34, 21 MAR 2017. News. Sean Murray in his coal miners' cottage ...
- Company aims to reduce food miles and boost nutritional value with hyroponic farming equipment for grocery stores, restaurants and schools
- Salad veg giant has confirmed another glasshouse will be operational within six months, only weeks after fifth site is completed
Seducing the check-out girl with fresh fruit and vegetables
French supermarket chain Intermarché has its latest commercial floating around on social media, also outside of France. The commercial is about a boy who falls in love with the check-out girl from the local Intermarché. To draw her attention, he ...
- IGD highlights chances for grocery industry to engage shoppers using technology, with food waste prevention second priority after discounts
Smokers who eat fruit, vegetables regularly lower lung disease risk by 40%with breast cancer - GuardianGuardian
Smokers who eat fruit, vegetables regularly lower lung disease risk by 40%with breast cancer
Fruits and vegetables…a study found that consuming five-a-day reduces their risk of getting chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) by 40 per cent. PHOTO CREDIT: http://agrodaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/fruit23112.jpg. *Greens intake in ...
- BFFF chief executive says consumers' understanding of the health properties and quality of frozen are central to growth
- Star Weekly
Affordable fruit and vegetables at new Mernda community market
Mernda Central College assistant principal Teresa Marnik and market manager Fiona Sewell. Picture: Joe Mastroianni. A new community market is hoping to tackle food insecurity in Mernda. The Community Grocer launched its weekly fruit and vegetable ...and more »
Revealed: The bizarre hybrid fruits and vegetables revolutionising mealtimes including kiwi berries and 'pluots ... - Daily MailDaily Mail
Revealed: The bizarre hybrid fruits and vegetables revolutionising mealtimes including kiwi berries and 'pluots ...
Last Christmas, a new type of hybrid vegetable called kalette found its way into our fridges after landing on supermarket shelves up and down the country. But the trendy cross-breed between kale and Brussels sprouts is just one of a series of wacky new ...and more »
- Daily Mail
Hybrid fruit and vegetables revolutionising our meal times | Daily ...
Last Christmas, a new type of hybrid vegetable called kalette found its way into our fridges after landing on supermarket shelves up and down the country.and more »
Michelle Obama Challenges Children to Cook Fruit and Vegetables on MasterChef Junior - Washington Free BeaconMichelle Obama Challenges Children to Cook Fruit and Vegetables on MasterChef Junior
Washington Free Beacon
During her eight years as first lady, nutrition was one of Michelle Obama's main focuses. Michelle lobbied for regulations to public school lunches, which the federal government approved. The regulations included stricter standards on the amount of ...
Justise Mayberry At The White House | Season 5 Ep. 6 | MASTERCHEF JUNIORYouTube
Michelle Obama Delivers The Next Mystery Box Challenge | S
- Jersey Royal growers recognise the importance of holding onto their protected food name, but as the competition mounts they know the brand alone won’t carry them
- Fairfields Farm has signed two retail contracts in China and Hong Kong to supply its branded crisps
- The simple way to reduce stress and anxiety, according to new research
We all know that fruit and vegetables are packed with healthy vitamins and nutrients, which is why we're advised to aim for at least five portions a day – or 10 if the recommendations from February are anything to go by. You might want to up your ...and more »
- Branston responds to rocketing demand for early new potatoes, supplying Tesco with Majorcan crop from end of March
Want to beat stress? Fresh fruit and vegetables 'can SLASH anxiety levels'
DIETS loaded with fresh fruit and vegetables can slash stress levels by up to a quarter, a new study shows. By Giles Sheldrick. PUBLISHED: 00:00, Thu, Mar 16, 2017 | UPDATED: 18:48, Thu, Mar 16, 2017. Woman eating fruit GETTY. Eating fresh fruit and ...and more »
- National Fruit Show chair and industry veteran Michael Jack gives an upbeat assessment of the opportunities for UK produce
- G's chairman John Shropshire makes powerful case for economic benefits of seasonal workers
- Like-for-like sales fell by 0.5 per cent during the last nine weeks as CEO Mike Coupe notes competitive market and price uncertainty
- The berry sector continues to grow at pace but labour issues and production costs are creating uncertainty over expansion in Scotland
- People can reduce the populations of spotted lanternfly on their properties by killing the overwintering eggs.
- Talks under way to introduce button on supermarkets' online stores that lets shoppers filter out foreign groceries
- New sorbet from northern producer Beckleberry’s hopes to benefit from blackcurrants’ superfood reputation
Spirit Restaurant to use fruit and vegetables grown in Blue Apple Veterans' allotment in its dishes - Warrington GuardianWarrington Guardian
Spirit Restaurant to use fruit and vegetables grown in Blue Apple Veterans' allotment in its dishes
AN AWARD-winning restaurant is set to use produce grown by armed forces veterans in its dishes after it teamed up with a charity. Victoria Park-based Spirit Restaurant has announced a partnership with Blue Apple Veterans which will see the bistro use ...
- Business Standard
How many portions of fruit and vegetables do you really need to eat in a day?
Only a quarter of UK adults manage to eat the officially recommended five portions of fruit and vegetables a day. In fact, almost half eat less than three a day. It seems unlikely, then, that most people would be able to reach the ten a day suggested ...and more »
- Tauranga residents shop around for cheaper fruit and vegetables as prices soar
New Zealand Herald
Tauranga Budget Advisory Service manager Diane Bruin says the increase in food prices have made it harder for clients trying to stick to a budget. Photo/file. Tauranga residents are feeling the pinch of soaring food prices, with some swapping fresh ...and more »
Traditional Japanese wood-carving techniques look stunning on fruit and vegetables
We've seen some gorgeous works of art made out of watermelons, pumpkins and even cucumbers, but now it's time to cast our eye further afield to a more bountiful harvest of broccoli, apples, bananas and root vegetables. This impressive collection of ...
“Growth in various vegetables and soft fruit”
Coöperatie Hoogstraten once again grew in the illuminated cultivation of tomatoes. Three years ago, they started with 20 hectares. The year after that, it doubled, and another 20 hectares was added in 2016. “At first, we were fairly sceptical about ...
- An abrupt end to the Chilean season and late start for Spain means supply has been tight in the berry business, as demand continues to grow
- High prices on peppers have led Spanish growers to extend the season and delay the switchover to melon leading to potential gap
- New store in Kent and £60m distribution centre in Cardiff open as discounter continues its investment plans across the UK
- VietNamNet Bridge
Vietnamese prefer Thai and Chinese fruit & vegetables
Vietnamese people spent more than $164 million on fruit and vegetable imports in the first two months of 2017, of which 70 per cent were from Thailand and China, according to figures from the General Department of Customs (GDC). Vietnamese prefer Thai ...and more »
- The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) announced that federal Economic Injury Disaster Loans are available to small businesses, small agricultural cooperatives, small businesses engaged in aquaculture and most private nonprofit organizations located in Pennsylvania as a result of the frost and freeze that occurred on April 4 – 10, 2016.
Five Portions of Fruit and Vegetables Now Turns to Ten: Grow and Harvest Comments - satPRnews (press release)Five Portions of Fruit and Vegetables Now Turns to Ten: Grow and Harvest Comments
satPRnews (press release)
Upton, Wirral — (SBWIRE) — 03/13/2017 — It has recently been reported in the news that five portions of fruit and vegetables has now grown to ten. The research behind this has found that eating ten portions of fruit and vegetables a day can increase ...and more »
- Five Portions of Fruit and Vegetables Now Turns to Ten: Grow and ...
Upton, Wirral — (SBWIRE) — 03/13/2017 — It has recently been reported in the news that five portions of fruit and vegetables has now grown to ten.and more »
- Adjudicator Christine Tacon outlines a series of issues where supermarkets are exerting too much pressure
Italy: Stable consumption of fruit and vegetables
Fresh produce consumption is rather slow. After a decade of continuous drops, there was a 3% increase in 2015, but the growth was only 1.4% in 2016. If we go on like this, it will take a long time before we return to the levels before the crisis. 62 ...
Follow @FruitVegitables on Twitter!