Americans Don't Trust Scientists' Take On Food, Politicians' Even Less
If you're curious about what people really think about some of the hottest of hot-button food controversies, the Pew Research Center has just the thing for you: a survey of attitudes toward genetic modification, organic food, and the importance of ...
Divides over food science tied to personal concerns about eating, healthPew Research Centerall 14 news articles »
Donate food, see a movie for free Saturday in Cedar Rapids - The Gazette: Eastern Iowa Breaking News and HeadlinesThe Gazette: Eastern Iowa Breaking News and Headlines
Donate food, see a movie for free Saturday in Cedar Rapids
The Gazette: Eastern Iowa Breaking News and Headlines
Bring 10 additional items — 15 or more total — and you'll also receive a free movie pass for a future visit. The impact is substantial, say organizers of the 31st annual “Cans Film Festival” to benefit The Salvation Army's Tree of Lights campaign ...and more »
- Chicago Tribune
Food truck ruling to decide mobile food's fate in Chicago
Food truck operators in downtown Chicago say the hunt for prime locations has intensified after the city stepped up enforcement of a 2012 ordinance. (Video: Brandon Howard | Photo: Zbigniew Bzdak/Chicago Tribune). Food truck operators in downtown ...
- Money Magazine
Chick-fil-A Will Launch Another Food Truck
Houston, we have a Chick-fil-A food truck. The popular chicken fast food chain is opening a new food truck in Houston, the Houston Chronicle reported. The truck will be ready to launch on Dec. 15, and its menu will be limited to the Original Chicken ...
Chick-fil-A Is Expanding Its Food Truck FleetEater
You'd Better Watch Out! Chick-Fil-A's First Food Truck Is Coming To TownUPROXXall 9 news articles »
- Wisconsin Public Radio News
Food Friday: All Things Chicken
Wisconsin Public Radio News
Chicken. It's one of the most affordable proteins on the market, and the cooking combinations are endless. A guest cookbook author shares some of her favorite chicken recipes, along with her tips for making the perfect fried chicken. Related Links ...and more »
- FAO/WHO conference stresses need for transformation of food systems across all sectors
2 December 2016, Rome - A high-level international symposium on nutrition ended here today with a resounding reminder of the importance of promoting healthy diets and ensuring adequate nutrition for everyone in order to eradicate hunger and ...and more »
- Most Americans take conflicting food studies in stride
Pew Research Center
Is caffeine good or bad for your heart? Are there health benefits in becoming a vegetarian? What makes some fats – like the trans and saturated kinds – an unhealthy choice, while other fats are considered an essential part of healthy eating? With a ...
Indian fast food chain Honest opens only US location in Schaumburg
Since 1975, the Indian chain known as Honest has sprouted up all over the subcontinent with its vegetarian fast food. (WLS). WLS. By Steve Dolinsky. Friday, December 02, 2016 01:06PM. SCHAUMBURG, Ill. (WLS) --. A well-known Indian grocery store in ...
- Huffington Post
I Am A College Graduate And A Fast-Food Worker
Tuesday's national #FightFor15 protests have sparked-yet again- the good ole 'who deserves more money' debate on my timeline. I've always supported the increase in minimum wage for everyone including fast-food workers and my stance has not changed.
This Urban Food Bank Started Its Own Aquaponics Farm To Help It Grow Fresh Produce
When an urban food bank in Canada was struggling to get enough donations of fresh produce, they decided to try growing it themselves. <p>The Mississauga Food Bank had a problem: Located in a large city. <p>To solve the problem, the food bank has ...
- Amira Nature Foods, the UAE-based and US-listed packaged rice supplier, said today (2 December) it had been granted approval to export its basmati rice to China.
- Fox News
Many doctors use wrong test to diagnose kids' food allergies
NEW YORK – NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Primary care doctors often use the wrong test to diagnose food allergies in children, new research shows. The practice can lead to overdiagnosis, with potentially harmful effects, including stunted growth due to ...and more »
Food market news of the week - Nestle's sugar claim, Pilgrim's Pride swoops for GNP, Amnesty palm oil claimsThis week's major headlines included Nestle's claim it may be able to cut the sugar it uses in its confectionery by up to 40%, Pilgrim's Pride snapping up US poultry peer GNP and Amnesty International claiming child labour is being used on palm oil plantations in Indonesia.
- US group Bickel's Snack Foods is to distribute American Farmer Popcorn products in selected markets in the country.
- Associated British Foods is setting up a new bakery in the UK on the site of its former British Sugar plant in Lincolnshire.
- KSAT San Antonio
30 Years of tradition and Chinese food served at SA restaurant
KSAT San Antonio
SAN ANTONIO - For decades the Huey family has been serving San Antonio Chinese food, and now William Huey is carrying on the family tradition. "We started actually at Hung Fong over on Broadway and we opened in 1938 there and we opened this one ...
- In his latest for column for just-food, Keith Anderson, vice president of strategy and insights at e-commerce consultants Profitero, outlines what food companies interested in growing online must consider in 2017.
- Competition authorities in Serbia have launched an inquiry into the retail market "focusing on the relationship between retailers and their suppliers" in non-specialised stores that deal mainly with food, beverages and tobacco.
- Japanese food group Nagatanien Holdings has struck a deal to buy UK-based freeze dried fruit processor Chaucer Food Group. for US$130m including the assumption of debt.
- Australian produce company Costa Group Holdings has teamed up with investment bank Macquarie to buy the Avocado Ridge avocado orchards and packing operations from the Carney family.
Food market quotes of the week - Nestle's sugar "discovery", Unilever's 2016 investor day, Wilmar in palm oil spotlightThis week, Nestle got the industry talking with its claim it can "significantly reduce" the sugar in its confectionery products and Unilever gave a detailed update on its strategy at its 2016 investor day, while the two companies were among those under scrutiny for their sourcing of palm oil after Amnesty International's claims child labour is being used on plantations in Indonesia.
- Triple Pundit (registration) (blog)
Research Center Proposes Carbon Tax on Unsustainable Food
Triple Pundit (registration) (blog)
Agriculture has a huge negative impact on the environment, including being responsible for 11 percent of global carbon emissions. Could a carbon tax on food, as proposed by the International Food Policy Research Institute, help make our food system not ...
- The government of Nigeria has signed a memorandum of understanding with local dairy company L&Z Integrated Dairy Farms in a bid to "develop" the local dairy sector by modernising practices employed by travelling Fulani herdsmen.
Houston will roll out Texas' first Chick-fil-A food truck
Chick-fil-A has picked Houston to roll out its first food truck in Texas. Maybe that's because there are 74 Chick-fil-A restaurants in the Houston area -- including the two busiest Chick-fil-A restaurants in the country. The truck will be ready to roll ...and more »
- Canada's Scotsburn Ice Cream is selling its assets to local dairy giant Agropur Cooperative for an undisclosed sum.
- Canada's Scotsburn Ice Cream said yesterday (1 December) it is selling its assets to Quebec dairy giant Agropur Cooperative for an undisclosed sum.
- Taiwan is tightening laws governing food adulteration and counterfeiting in a bid to crackdown on "unscrupulous" practices in the food sector and reduce the number of "major food safety and health incidents".
- Chinese legislators have moved to tighten laws governing food adulteration and counterfeiting in a bid to crackdown on "unscrupulous" practices in the food sector and reduce the number of "major food safety and health incidents".
- Fund manager Blue Sky Alternative Investments has said it has no immediate plans to sell its two-thirds stake in Australian speciality wholesale bakery Wild Breads.
- USA TODAY
Arizona lawmaker gets probation in food-stamp fraud
PHOENIX — An Arizona lawmaker who pleaded guilty to food-stamp fraud was sentenced to probation following a hearing Thursday morning in Maricopa County Superior Court. Ceci Velasquez was sentenced to 12 months supervised probation and 100 ...
Arizona lawmaker Ceci Velasquez receives probation in food-stamp fraudAZCentral.comall 6 news articles »
- Fox News
Dallas officials offer $3M to open grocery store in 'food desert,' but ...
For the last two years, Dallas' Deputy Mayor ProTem Erik Wilson has tried in vain to convince a grocery store to set up shop in his district – an area of the Texas ...and more »
- RCL Foods is to axe over 1,000 staff as the South African food group battles tough trading conditions in the country's poultry industry.
Why Kroger's CEO Says Lower Food Costs Are 'Not Fun'
Lower food prices might make shoppers happy, but they are continuing to eat at Kroger. The grocer, which is the biggest supermarket chain in the U.S., reported third quarter earnings results Thursday morning that show a continuing hit from food ...
Kroger CEO: Food price deflation is 'not fun'Cincinnati.com
Kroger Digs in With Food Prices TumblingABC Newsall 84 news articles »
- Live Science
New American Divide: Organic Food and GMOs Spur Disagreement
Should you buy organic? Or avoid foods made with genetically modified ingredients? Americans are divided in their thinking on whether such choices are beneficial for their health, a new survey finds. Just over half of all Americans, or 55 percent ...
- Swiss dairy group Emmi has launched a chilled porridge line under its yogurt brand Onken in the UK.
How to donate food to Standing Rock
As the protest against the Dakota Access Pipeline continues into its third month, supporters of the Standing Rock Sioux tribe are turning to food as a way to help aid the efforts on the reservation. On Thanksgiving, Jane Fonda served dinner to about ...and more »
- French dairy Fléchard is investing EUR5m in increasing capacity at its site in La Chapelle d'Andaine, in western France, in anticipation of export growth, notably in Asia.
- Mondelez International has confirmed plans to close a biscuits and crackers manufacturing plant in Canada by the end of 2017.
- Acquisitive Canadian food group Premium Brands Holdings has snapped up three more businesses.
- Unilever this week held its annual investor day in Port Sunlight, the village built in the 1880s by one of the companies that were the forerunners of the consumer goods giant and now home to the research and development arm of the group's home and personal care business. However, Unilever's management used the occasion to give an update on the company as a whole, including on its plan to drive improvements in its profitability and on where it sees growth from food. Dean Best reports.
- US snack maker Snyder's-Lance is to invest US$38m to expand its Charlotte HQ and production facility in North Carolina, the state governor's office has announced.
- Nestle has said its researchers have developed a new process that could enable it to cut the sugar content of its chocolate products by as much as 40%.
- Philippines-based canned food group Century Pacific Food saw its earnings jump 44% in the first nine months of 2016, with the company pointed to growth from its branded business.
- The World Bank has approved US$5m in financing to support a project designed to boost the productivity of dairy farms in Kyrgyzstan.
Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in Venezuela - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast AnalyticsProcessed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in Venezuela - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics is a broad level market review of Processed Snacks market of Venezuela. The research
Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in Ukraine - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast AnalyticsProcessed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in Ukraine - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics is a broad level market review of Processed Snacks market of Ukraine. The research hand
Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in Turkey - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast AnalyticsProcessed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in Turkey - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics is a broad level market review of Processed Snacks market of Turkey. The research handbo
Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast AnalyticsProcessed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics is a broad level market review of Processed Snacks market of United States of
Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United Kingdom - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast AnalyticsProcessed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United Kingdom - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics is a broad level market review of Processed Snacks market of United Kingdom.
Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United Arab Emirates - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast AnalyticsProcessed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United Arab Emirates - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics is a broad level market review of Processed Snacks market of United Ar
Follow @Food_news_usa on Twitter!