- No, I’m not talking about your relationship with your wife or girlfriend. I’m talking about detecting the lightest, most hesitant bite you can imagine. In many cases that’ll make the difference between catching them and thinking they aren’t biting.
- Huntsville, Ala. – T-H Marine Supplies Inc., of Huntsville, Ala., and Wave Away LLC of East Olympia, Wash., announce they have entered into an agreement that grants T-H Marine exclusive global rights to manufacture and distribute the Wave Away Sonar and GPS Screen Cleaner product line.
- Osage Beach, Mo. — Lake of the Ozarks will showcase its superb bass fishing next spring during three B.A.S.S. events slated for the lake.
- New Management Measures Needed in Essential Tuna Fisheries
Environmental Defense Fund (blog)
img_6322-002 Tuna are one of the most iconic fish species, recognized all over the world for their importance ecologically, economically and culturally. As top predators, tuna—like sharks—are extremely important in structuring and regulating marine ...and more »
- MP CALLS FOR A SUSTAINABLE AND INDEPENDENT FISHERIES POLICY
This week the Island's MP, Andrew Turner took part in a debate on the UK's Fishing Industry and its future. Mr Turner highlighted problems with the EU's Common Fisheries Policy (CFP) and the opportunities ahead post-Brexit. The CFP gives equal access ...
- The Japan Times
Tohoku fisheries elude major damage from March 2011 aftershock
The Japan Times
SENDAI – Some seaweed and oyster farmers believe they were able to minimize the damage from the aftershock of the Great East Japan Earthquake that struck off Fukushima Prefecture on Nov. 22. In the coastal areas of Miyagi and Iwate prefectures, the ...
- Outdoors Places: Veterans Park Pond among top Close to Home fisheries
Tulsa World (blog)
Veterans Park Pond is worth a closer look as it received its first winter stocking of rainbow trout on Thursday and will surely see plenty of visitors until the water warms and the trout are done the first of March. The pond is in an easy-to-find ...
- First post on BFT, but have browsed this site's forums for years. I'm an avid wasatch back fisherman, but am planning a trip to hit the Gorge mid janu
- Every time you turn around you hear something about matching the hatch. One easy and simple way to do that is to get good at matching something that lives almost everywhere — rock, sand, gravel, mud, weeds and wood. I’m talking about crayfish.
- Scott Clift of Dadesville, Mo., claimed the final 2017 GEICO Bassmaster Classic berth by over 7 pounds at the 2016 Toyota Bonus Bucks Team Championship on Kentucky Lake. More coverage to come!
- Washington Post
Indigenous peoples of the world's coastlines are losing their ...
A study looks at how climate change and overfishing are affecting not only the diets of coastal communities, but also their cultures.and more »
MSC Retreats from Transparency, Takes Steps to Hide Updates on Fisheries in Current Assessment - SeafoodNews (subscription)MSC Retreats from Transparency, Takes Steps to Hide Updates on Fisheries in Current Assessment
The marketing mavens at the Marine Stewardship Council have either deliberately or accidentally taken a big step backward in transparency. The new Marine Stewardship Council Website has removed the prior lists of all global fisheries certified by the ...and more »
- NEW MILFORD, Conn. — Candlewood Lake, arguably Connecticut’s most popular bass fishery, is but one of many waterways newly threatened by zebra mussels as the exotic species continues its expansion across the United States and into Canada.
- PARIS, Tenn. – Nearly 400 anglers competed in the Toyota Bonus Bucks Bassmaster Team Championship. They traveled from all over the U.S. and Canada for a chance at not only a team title, but also to vie for the final available spot in the 2017 GEICO Bassmaster Classic next March.
- MOUNT HOLLY, N.C. — Khris Williams never lets his lack of size prevent him from becoming a big star in competitive bass fishing.
- There was a time when an Elite angler could consistently do well during a season with an “all-or- nothing,” fish-to-win mentality.
- PARIS, Tenn. – Perhaps you’ve heard the phrase, “It’s not how you start, but how you finish that really counts.”That may be true, but boy, oh boy, did Scott Clift have a fantastic start to the Bassmaster Team Championship Classic Fish-Off today on Kentucky Lake.
- Fisheries board meeting in Homer
In the winter, those looking for a shot at some fresh king salmon can head to Kachemak Bay and drop a line. King salmon arrive in the bay and in the salt waters of Cook Inlet during the winter, where they are known as “feeder” king salmon because they ...and more »
- The Arctic Journal
No agreement on Arctic fisheries moratorium
The Arctic Journal
As part of our continuing efforts to bring you as much information about our region as possible we offer readers a press release service that allows private firms, public agencies, non-governmental organisations and other groups to submit relevant ...and more »
- CTV News
Fisheries investigation after second deadly whale entanglement in BC waters
VANCOUVER -- A necropsy has been completed on the latest humpback whale to drown while trapped underwater by fish-farm equipment off the British Columbia coast. Fisheries experts say it could take much longer to determine why these creatures are ...and more »
- DUBLIN, Va. — The Virginia B.A.S.S. Nation worked with Friends of Claytor Lake on a plant growing project this summer to improve habitat at Claytor Lake.
- At the end of the summer, I contacted the Elite Series Angler Advisory Board and our Tournament Director Trip Weldon. I wanted to bring up some thoughts about our maximum rod length rule. I’ve often wondered why we were limited to 8-foot rods.
- PARIS, Tenn. – Jesse Wiggins has proven he’s ready to fish with the big boys.
- Ty Faber and John Gardner of the Ultimate Bass Team Trail win the Toyota Bonus Bucks Bassmaster Team Championship on Kentucky Lake with a two-day total of 37 pounds, 10 ounces. More to come!
- TOPEKA, Kan. — Forty Georgia cube habitats have been placed in Kansas waters in recent months, thanks to B.A.S.S. clubs in Kansas City and Leavenworth, Kan.
- MIAMI – Bass Pro Shops, a leading outdoor retailer, is donating a new Regency pontoon boat to the South Florida-based nonprofit Mahogany Youth Corporation, significantly advancing the organization’s ability to introduce thousands of area at-risk children to the outdoors through innovative fishing
- This week has been a devastating one for the East Tennessee, with out-of-control wildfires raging near the Gatlinburg area. While thousands of lives have been affected, one in particular stands out to the bass fishing community – Opens and FLW angler Tim Malone.
Wildlife & Fisheries to kill TAG Louisiana program
Recreational anglers like J.W. Meche love the TAG Louisiana program and devote many hours to tagging and releasing fish along the state's coast. The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries confirmed it will kill most elements of the program in ...
Charlie Melancon's Department Of Wildlife And Fisheries Gets Dumber And DumberThe Hayrideall 3 news articles »
- Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission to hold public hearings
The Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control's Division of Fish & Wildlife will host Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission public hearings on proposed changes to the interstate fishery management plans for Atlantic menhaden.
- Ken Thompson and Brad Weese of the Anglers Choice Trail lead after Day 1 of the Toyota Bonus Bucks Bassmaster Team Championship on Kentucky Lake with 24 pounds, 10 ounces. More to come!
- PARIS, Tenn. – The rain here in northwestern Tennessee has come and gone, and what remains are partly cloudy skies, temperatures in the low 50s and light winds from the west.In other words, it’s typical late November weather in the mid-South.
- On November 28, the U.S. Senate passed H.R. 4665, the Outdoor REC Act, which would instruct the Department of Commerce and federal land management agencies to provide statistics on how the outdoor industry, including recreational fishing and boating, contributes to the U.S.
- We talked about some of the fishing aspects of competing in the Elite Series last week but now it’s time to talk about the schedule and a couple of other things.
- BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — The 2017 Bassmaster Elite Series roster has been set at 111 and will include at least 13 newcomers to the prestigious bass fishing circuit, B.A.S.S. announced today.
- Community involvement the key to sustaining the Pacific's tuna ...
Some 40 delegates representing civil society organisations from around the region are meeting in Suva to find out how they can assist in managing Pacific tuna ...and more »
New Report Highlights Challenges, Opportunities, and Cost-Modeling of Electronic Fisheries Monitoring Programs - Environmental Defense Fund (blog)Environmental Defense Fund (blog)
New Report Highlights Challenges, Opportunities, and Cost-Modeling of Electronic Fisheries Monitoring Programs
Environmental Defense Fund (blog)
pacific-sascha-burkard One of the keys to effective fisheries management in the 21st century is accountability. Accountability requires having timely and accurate data. Electronic monitoring (EM) is gaining momentum in U.S. fisheries and abroad as an ...
- MYANMAR FISHERIES NEWS: Myanmar Fisheries Expo in Yangon ...
EIN News (press release)
MYANMAR FISHERIES: Myanmar Fisheries Expo will be co-located with Myanmar Agriculture Expo and Myanmar Food Expo; to be held in Yangon during ...and more »
Eliminating waste in the fisheries industry
Ana Karina Carvajal is a Research Manager at SINTEF Fisheries and Aquaculture and is hoping that research can make a contribution towards more sustainable food production. Credit: Thor Nielsen. Every year 340,000 tonnes of usable whitefish by-product ...
- Reeling in digital transformation for Inland Fisheries Group ...
If asked to think of a strategic partnership which has transformed angling in Northern Ireland, you would rightly assume one part of it would involve the Inland ...and more »
- Daily Observer
WADAF Capacitates Stakeholders in Fisheries Sector
The West African Association for the Development of Artisanal Fisheries (WADAF) has recently concluded series of stakeholders training in the fisheries sector at a ceremony held at the Bakau Community Centre and the Department of Fisheries in Banjul.
Fishing Ban Welcomed After Earthquake Damages Fisheries
NEW ZEALAND - Following the 7.8 magnitude earthquake in the South Island of New Zealand that has damaged the Kaikoura fisheries, a harvesting ban and a $2 million science package are hoped to help businesses return to normal. “There will be an initial ...
- After months of back-and-forth politicking, our country finally has a new president-elect … and, perhaps, a new direction. To be honest, I’m glad it’s over. It was the ugliest campaign season I can remember, and it needed to end.
- After receiving considerable rain yesterday for the first time in weeks, the northwest corner of the Volunteer State appears to be in for another rainy evening, according to local and national weather services.
- WOULD YOU TURN YOURSELF IN?A kayaker turning himself in for a bass fishing tournament infraction has made a lot of Bassmaster fans ponder their own integrity.
- Washington, D.C. – The Center for Coastal Conservation, the nation’s leading advocate for saltwater recreational anglers, announced today that, effective immediately, its name has changed to the Center for Sportfishing Policy.
NOAA closes fisheries for hogfish, amberjacks
Jack Flanigan of Stuart speared this hogfish several years ago while on a fishing and diving trip to Grand Cay in the Bahamas with his family. (Photo: CONTRIBUTED PHOTO BY PAT FLANIGAN). CONNECTTWEETLINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE.and more »
- Haida fisheries forum looks to the future
Haida Gwaii Observer
Haida fishers will try to shed light on the future of commercial fishing at a Dec. 10 fisheries forum hosted by HaiCo in the Old Massett Village Hall. “The initial step is to speak to the Haida fishermen, who have a vested interest not only in ...
- I think family experiences can have a big influence on your career path and that’s definitely the case for me.
Follow @Fisheries_News_ on Twitter!