Hanna named to House Game and Fisheries Committee
Lock Haven Express
LOCK HAVEN — State Rep. Mike Hanna, D-Clinton/Centre, has been appointed to the House Game and Fisheries Committee for the remainder of the 2017-18 legislative session. Hanna previously served on the House Game and Fisheries Committee during ...
Fiji fisheries minister, navy to step up monitoring of illegal fishing ...
'Vietnamese fishing boats that do not have electronic monitoring system on board they carry out a lot of illegal activities.'and more »
- Bastrop Daily Enterprise
La. Dept. of Wildlife and Fisheries graduates new class of cadet ...
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF) Law Enforcement Academy graduated its 31st class of cadets into the Enforcement Division ...
Densmore completes Louisiana Department of Wildlife and ...Bastrop Daily Enterpriseall 2 news articles »
Big reforms coming for fisheries industry
OPINION: There has been a lot of talk on commercial fishing issues over the last 12 months but much of it has overlooked probably the biggest reforms ever seen in New Zealand's history. This year we are going to see world-leading technology rolled out ...
- RIDGELAND, Miss. — You are late to work. To make up as much time as possible, you take a shortcut to the office and save a few precious minutes. You claim a traffic jam as your excuse for being late.
- No, this week’s column is not about history like that. I’m not going to tell you about the earliest bass anglers or who invented the spinnerbait.
- Elite Series rookie Dustin Connell suffered a casualty - his phone - but gained the lead on Day 2 at Ross Barnett Reservoir. More coverage to come!
Bali communique pushes for transparency in fisheries
Bali communique pushes for transparency in fisheries Fish talk: Maritime Affairs and Fisheries Minister Susi Pujiastuti (center) along with International Advisory Group Fisheries Transparency Initiative (FiTI) chairman Peter Eigen (left) attend the ...
Why Indonesia Needs to Call For Transparency in Global Fisheries ManagementNetralnewsall 2 news articles »
- Salt Lake Tribune
Limits eased at two Utah fisheries in advance of dam repair and ...
Salt Lake Tribune
A nice largemouth bass fishery is developing at Steinaker Reservoir. Once the dam repair and earthquake work are done, DWR biologists will start bringing the ...and more »
- US legislators push for fisheries disaster relief in federal spending bill
A bipartisan group of legislators is urging congressional appropriation committees to include fisheries disaster funding for fishing fleets in the spending bill, reports Times-Standard. The push -- which would benefit fleets in Alaska, Washington ...
- UN draws Peruvian, Chilean officials together for fisheries management workshop
Officials from Chile and Peru met in Santiago for a workshop on facilitating sustainable management on April 20 and 21. Multiple Peruvian and Chilean government agencies at the workshop worked together to define the necessary agreements they need to ...
- via FWC Fishing NewsPhotos available on the FWC’s Flickr site: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjzBWzfa
Video available on the FWC’s YouTube site: http://youtu.be/KzOua12jMX8 Teaching children a lifelong hobby, instilling appreciation for our marine environment and providing fun, family outings are the objectives for the Kids’ Fishing Clinic in Fernandina Beach on May 13.The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) will offer a free Kids’ Fishing Clinic for children between the
- Earth Island Journal
WTO Ruling on Mexican Tuna Fisheries Is a Blow for Dolphins
Earth Island Journal
In a setback for dolphins, the World Trade Organization ruled on Tuesday that the United States' “Dolphin Safe” tuna-labeling regulations unfairly discriminates against Mexico by restricting its access to US markets and that Mexico can seek $163 ...and more »
Four countries start implementing new fisheries standard
A new fisheries standard emerged Thursday from the second International Conference of the Fisheries Transparency Initiative (FiTI) hosted by the government of Indonesia. The FiTI standard "marks the beginning of the implementation phase of the ...
- EU's farthest-flung fisheries need funding, say MEPs
European Parliament (press release)
Young fishermen and fish farmers in the EU's outermost regions (ORs) need financial help and incentives, including money for new boats, said Parliament on Thursday. The non-legislative resolution was passed by 428 votes to 64, with 118 abstentions.
- Turneffe Flats: Leading sustainable fisheries in Belize
Turneffe Flats has long been recognized as one of Belize's premier saltwater fly fishing, SCUBA diving and marine eco-tourism destinations. Located on the incredibly beautiful Turneffe Atoll, Turneffe Flats provides visitors access to the most ...and more »
- Houma Courier
Two locals become Wildlife and Fisheries agents
Two locals were among 23 agents who graduated from the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Law Enforcement Academy today. Jonathan Boudreaux, of Raceland, is assigned to Plaquemines Parish. Jonathan Morrison, of Houma, is assigned to ...and more »
- Excited: I’d say that’s the word to describe how I feel about Ross Barnett. I’ve never fished a tournament here before, but when people ask me how I feel about fishing the Academy Sports + Outdoors Bassmaster Elite in the heart of Mississippi, I tell them I’m excited about it.
- This week is our fourth stop on the Elite Series near Jackson, Miss., on Ross Barnett Reservoir. I have never fished here before so it is always fun to go to new lakes like this. Most guys don’t have a lot of history here so it should be anyone’s game.
- RIDGELAND, Miss. — Ross Barnett Reservoir is filled with 33,000 acres of water and even with all of it, the pros are saying it fishes "small." Such is the case thus far at the Academy Sports + Outdoors Bassmaster Elite at Ross Barnett.
- While there’s plenty of fishing left to go, so far this year has not played out the way I’d hoped that it would.
- RIDGELAND, Miss. — While 33,000 acres of fishable water seems like it should easily support a 109-angler field, most Elite Series anglers would say they’re sharing water at the Academy Sports + Outdoors Bassmaster Elite at Ross Barnett.
- RIDGELAND, Miss. -- Stephen Browning tipped his cap to a cat Thursday. It was a cat that failed in stalking a squirrel, and it proved to be an invaluable lesson for Browning about the importance of patience.
- Lake trout, cormorants on tap for fisheries workshop
Sault Ste. Marie Evening News
Local wildlife agencies will be hosting their annual Lake Huron Fisheries Workshop at the Clark Township Community Center on Thursday to discuss educational opportunities for community members and fisheries stakeholders. The free workshop hosted by ...
- The Maritime Executive
EU Calls for Better Enforcement of Fisheries Laws
The Maritime Executive
The European Commission has released a new review of its fisheries control regulation, which was adopted in 2009. While EU member states have put most of the regulation's measures into effect, the EC said, many have not yet fully implemented it.
EU Commission: Fisheries law lacks enforcementUndercurrent News
Report: Not all EU countries fully comply to fisheries control rulesIntraFishall 3 news artic
- This week’s Bassmaster Elite Series event on Ross Barnett will be kind of a give-and-take scenario with some of the things I like and some that I don’t.
- RIDGELAND, Miss. — A recent one-week period paints a clear picture of the up-and-down nature of Ross Barnett Reservoir. On March 11 it took 30.72 pounds to win a one-day local tournament on this 33,000-acre lake formed by the Pearl River.
- Sometime in May, Bassmaster Elite Series veteran John Crews will hand a snazzy-looking trophy to the pro who wins the title “Autism Angler of April.”
- Matt Lee and Casey Ashley both finished in the Top 12 at the most recent Bassmaster Elite Series tournament on Toledo Bend, but what will a crowded Ross Barnett Reservoir bring?
- "It was two shades of brown and scratched up plastic…” Dateline: Ross Barnett, the other side of the dam
- Jason Christie’s 9-pound, 10-ounce bass caught at Toledo Bend on April 6 just keeps producing great stories.
- A lot of things change in three decades, so Kevin VanDam is putting in long practice days on Ross Barnett in preparation for this week’s Bassmaster Elite presented by Academy Sports + Outdoors, because the only time he fished the shallow reservoir previously was 32 years ago, at the age of 17.
- Chinese Trade Remedy Fight Threatens WTO Fisheries Accord
International Trade Daily™ provides rapid, reliable notification of the most significant developments affecting U.S. trade and international business policy, as well as the policies of major U.S.... By Bryce Baschuk. China unnerved World Trade ...and more »
- via FWC Fishing NewsAnglers targeting grouper in Florida state and federal waters of the Atlantic, including state waters off Monroe County, will be able to take home some of their catch starting May 1, when the season for several species reopens to recreational and commercial harvest. The following species will reopen to harvest May 1: gag, black, red, yellowmouth and yellowfin grouper; scamp; red hind; rock hind; coney; and graysby.The harvest of these species of grouper will remain open until Jan. 1, 2018. These
- Energy FM
DEFA sets up board to protect scallop fisheries
The Manx Government is setting up a board to protect the king and queen scallop fisheries around the Island. The Department of Environment, Food and Agriculture admitted it was concerned over the number of king scallops being fished at the start of the ...
- The Western Star
Public needs to know what's going on with fisheries issues: Hynes
The Western Star
Augustus and Debbie Hynes of Fox Island River pose for a photo while in St. John's on Monday. They were there to join other fish harvesters in a protest outside the FFAW building. ©Frank Gale/The Western Star. Augustus Hynes of Fox Island River hopes ...and more »
- Daily Mirror
Oluvil fisheries harbour to close down
Fishing activities at the Oluvil harbour in Ampara is to be halted as the government is unable to bear the cost of maintenance, Fisheries and Aquatic Resources Minister Mahinda Amaraweera said yesterday. Minister Mahinda Amaraweera and ministry ...
- There is a bad bill making its way through the Vermont Senate and House Committees on Natural Resources and Fish & Wildlife. The bill is S.75 and has to do with slowing the spread of aquatic invasive species.
- I’m looking forward to our next Bassmaster Elite Series event on Ross Barnett for a couple of reasons. For starters, I feel like I have the wind at my back after a fourth-place finish on Toledo Bend.
- There was another huge story at northern California’s Lake Shasta in April of 2017 besides the anglers who won the two Bassmaster tournaments that took place on the lake. It was the giant spotted bass weighed in during those events.
- What is it?Zoom Boot Tail Fluke
- What is it?VMC PowerShot hooks
- What is it?Huk Trophy Performance Full Zip Hoody
- What is it?Costa Sunrise Silver Mirror lens
- What is it?Costa Optical
- What is it?ClinicallyFit EZElbow Pro
Follow @Fisheries_News_ on Twitter!