- The practice period for Cherokee Lake ended in early January, but I didn’t make any visits to the site of this season’s first Elite event.
- caught 2 on the bone color teeny popper!It's been a while since a peacock bass on the popper,the fish don't come at the lure as aggressive since i
- OPB News
6 Washington Fisheries Receive Disaster Designation . News | OPB
Unusual ocean and climate conditions have significantly harmed several Washington fisheries. Six fisheries in the state could now seek federal assistance to ...and more »
- ORLANDO, Fla. – If Jesse Wiggins is going to keep winning fishing tournaments, someone is going to have to put a rush order on his pro fishing jersey.
- By the numbersPerfect mid-January weather punctuated remarkable fishing during the Bass Pro Shops Bassmaster Southern Open #1. Sunny skies, light southerly breezes and daytime highs in the low 80s made the week pleasant for fishing in Florida.
- Despite my embarrassment over this Silver Buddy thing I have to talk about it because I caught a ton of fish on it under tough conditions in a tough body of water. You can do the same thing. I didn’t fish it out of the box, however.
- Anyone doing any good on Cascade? We managed to get into the trout and a couple perch. Nice ice https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_xe8ybOkgQ
- Dang we had a great day out Ice fishing on CJ Stike last weekend. Can't wait to get out again. Anyone dong any good?https://www.youtube.com/watc
- Stanford University News
How China is Poised for Marine Fisheries Reform
Stanford University News
Stanford researchers view ocean management as next front for China to compete as global sustainability leaders. As global fish stocks continue sinking to alarmingly low levels, a joint study by marine fisheries experts from within and outside of China ...
- Brexit Fisheries Report - the Lords give their view
The House of Lords has published its report into fisheries in light of the UK's decision to leave the European Union. It highlights the opportunities as well as challenges ahead for the industry. On 17 December 2016, the House of Lords' EU Energy and ...and more »
- KXRO Newsradio
Fisheries Disaster declared for local waters and PNW - KXRO News ...
A fisheries disaster has been declared for Grays Harbor, Willapa Bay, coastal waters, and local rivers. In a release, U.S. Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker ...
Feds declare salmon disaster for Gulf of Alaska fisheriesFairbanks Daily News-Miner
Commerce Secretary Pritzker Declares Fisheries Disasters For Nine ...PerishableNews (press release) (registration)all 6 news articles »
Fisheries experts to decide whether to rebuild chinook run upstream of Swift Dam - Longview Daily NewsLongview Daily News
Fisheries experts to decide whether to rebuild chinook run upstream of Swift Dam
Longview Daily News
Young spring chinook and steelhead released in the upper North Fork of the Lewis River are captured by a floating surface collector at Swift Dam, shown here, and trucked downstream for release near Woodland. prev. next. State, tribal and federal ...
- “It's day one…”Dateline: Um, focus people
- My previous blogs discussed the importance of restocking and organizing tackle during the offseason, but carrying sufficient boat gear can make you more efficient on the water.
- Fishing choice spots before everyone else arrives is the name of the game in tournament fishing, right?Maybe. Maybe not, according to the pros. They know you can’t control everything, including the random draw used to determine weigh-in times.
- Elite pro Justin Lucas looks to add a Southern Open trophy to his hardware collection, taking a step closer on Day 2 at Harris Chain of Lakes.
- BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — DICK’S Sporting Goods today announced an expanded partnership with B.A.S.S., as the retailer became the presenting sponsor of the GEICO Bassmaster Classic through 2019.
- BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — If your B.A.S.S. Nation club has a proposal for a project that either helps native vegetation thrive or controls exotic invasive species, your club could win up to $3,000 from the Aquatic Ecosystems Restoration Foundation & Aquatic Plant Management Society in 2017.
- Fisheries promoters push for new fish habitat laws
Seward Phoenix Log
Fishery advocates are hoping for the speedy delivery of a letter to state lawmakers that asks them to dust off a law pertaining to fish habitats. Title 16, the statute that outlines the responsibilities of the Alaska Department of Fish and Game when ...and more »
- Strong Harvests, More Oversight Marked 2016 Groundfish Fisheries
With a few stand-out harvests and favorable proposals with the Board of Fisheries, managers are feeling optimistic heading into the new year. The Alaska Department of Fish and Game oversees several groundfish fisheries within the Cook Inlet Management ...
Commercial fisheries disaster opens door to federal relief for Grays Harbor communities - The Daily WorldThe Maritime Executive
Commercial fisheries disaster opens door to federal relief for Grays Harbor communities
The Daily World
Commercial fishing communities along the central coast of Washington and some areas of Puget Sound are eligible for federal disaster funding because of poor fishing in 2015 and 2016. Commerce Secretary Penny Pritzer named nine fisheries groups or ...
NOAA Declares Nine Federal Fisheries DisastersThe Maritime Executiveall 4 news articles »
- Hi guys I am Gustavo Woltmann and I am an assistant in a small publishers company since 2006. Just want to know if someone here has tried fishing for
Commerce Sec. Pritzker Declares Fisheries Disasters for Nine West Coast Species - SeafoodNews (subscription)Commerce Sec. Pritzker Declares Fisheries Disasters for Nine West Coast Species
SeafoodNews.com is the most widely read seafood industry news in North America, with subscribers in over 50 countries. We provide a quick daily snapshot of the global seafood industry. Published in partnership with Urner Barry, the leading provider of ...and more »
- Undercurrent News
US, Iceland, Russia among world's healthiest fisheries
Successful fisheries management can be best achieved by implementing and enforcing science-based catch or effort limits, new research has revealed. The research, carried out by Michael Melnychuck -- a research scientist at the school of aquatic and ...and more »
- Today's News-Herald
BLM fisheries program to restart operations in Lake Havasu
Prescott-based Technology Construction Inc. work crews were busy dredging out Lake Havasu. It will clear the way for improvement to BLM's Fisheries Improvement Program's field office. prev. next. For the past several months, work crews have beaten back ...and more »
Alaska's US senators push Trump nominees to guard fisheries, rural areas while cutting regulations - Alaska Dispatch NewsAlaska Dispatch News
Alaska's US senators push Trump nominees to guard fisheries, rural areas while cutting regulations
Alaska Dispatch News
Preparations are finalized Sunday on the West Front of the U.S. Capitol, where Donald J. Trump will be sworn in as America's 45th president, in Washington. REUTERS/Mike Theiler. WASHINGTON — Alaska Sens. Lisa Murkowski and Dan Sullivan pressed ...
- Alaska Dispatch News
Federal disaster designation declared for Alaska pink salmon fisheries
Alaska Dispatch News
After a pitiful return of pink salmon to much of Alaska last summer, a federal disaster declaration was officially announced Wednesday. U.S. Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker announced the declaration as one of one of nine determined for West Coast ...and more »
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWQVNfDCUF0&t=22sLocal Pond Crushed them on typical winter time patterns in texas !!! Click the link and Enjoy!!!
- Q13 FOX
NOAA Fisheries wants to hear from you about protecting endangered killer whales
SEATTLE — The Fisheries Division of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration wants input from citizens about a proposed 'whale protection zone' along the west side of San Juan Island. “Unfortunately, our conclusion is that they are still at ...and more »
- Winter might limit some of your bait options, but one technique that maintains its is cranking. In fact, crankbaits rank pretty high in winter productivity.
- Marty Robinson leads Day 1 of the Bass Pro Shops Southern Open on the Harris Chain of Lakes with 23 pounds, 11 ounces. More to come!
- Crankbait. For David Fritts if a single lure can be tied to his angling legacy that is the crankbait.
- CRFM and Norway collaborating on new fisheries project
BELMOPAN, Belize, Juan 18, CMC – The Belize-based Caribbean Regional Fisheries Mechanism (CRFM) in collaboration with the Norway government have launched a two-week mission to explore the development of a regional project that would support ...
Fisheries activist Alden retiring from PERC
Robin Alden, longtime fisheries journalist and activist, is retiring as executive director of Penobscot East Resource Center. by STAFF. Robin Alden, a long-time fisheries journalist and activist, is retiring from her position as executive director of ...
- How AI Can Help Keep Ocean Fisheries Sustainable
Cameras mounted on fishing boats combined with advanced machine learning can help better monitor legal and illegal catches, advocates say. How AI Can Help Keep Ocean Fisheries Sustainable. A longline tuna boat in the Pacific. This vessel, owned by ...
- It’s a common scenario: Someone comes back to the dock with a certain lure tied on in a certain color and tells everyone how many big bass he caught.
- We see it when winter thaws and spring’s flowers bloom brilliantly, and we see it when families are beckoned outside by the warm summer sun. It’s there again in autumn when cooler temperatures turn leaves from yellow to orange, then red, and finally brown.
- We have a couple of tournaments coming up in Florida — an Open on the Harris Chain this week and an Elite Series tournament on Okeechobee later in February — so I thought this would be a good time to talk about Florida.
- In 2005 – the last time North Carolina angler David Fritts was a regular competitor on the Bassmaster Tournament Trail – George W. Bush was still in the White House.
- Florida doesn’t take its title as Fishing Capital of the World lightly.
- BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — With more than $74,000 on the line for 2017, including a Triton bass boat, Bassmaster Fantasy Fishing presented by Toyota is now officially open for team selection. It all kicks off with the season opener Bassmaster Elite at Cherokee Lake, Feb.
- Marine Fisheries Commission to hold Jan. 17 public hearing
The Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission will hold a public hearing on a proposed addendum to the interstate fishery management plan for summer flounder at 6 p.m,. Tuesday, Jan. 17, in DNREC's Auditorium in the Richardson & Robbins Building, ...and more »
- via FWC Fishing NewsPhotos available on the FWC’s Flickr site: https://flic.kr/s/aHskPMoTo6 For families and others looking for outdoor opportunities this weekend, the state’s original wildlife management area has ample offerings. The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) will host a free public event Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Fred C. Babcock/Cecil M. Webb Wildlife Management Area, 29200 Tuckers Grade, Punta Gorda, Florida 33955. The event will honor the
NC fisheries committees to consider shrimp trawling limits
NEW BERN, N.C. — The public will have a chance to speak during a meeting in New Bern that could lead to commercial shrimp trawling restrictions in North Carolina. Multiple media outlets report five advisory committees to the N.C. Marine Fisheries ...
NC fisheries committees vote against further regulationsWNCTall 17 news articles »
Tanner Crab Season Canceled In Final Decision By Board Of Fisheries
The Alaska Board of Fisheries made the decision last week after a last-ditch attempt to allow a limited harvest failed in a split 3-3 vote. Unalaska Mayor Frank Kelty attended the board meeting in Kodiak, where members considered a proposal that would ...and more »
- When the swimbait revolution began in the late 1980s, the trend moved quickly toward larger profile bodies with exaggerated swimming actions. The belief was that bigger baits that swam hard would catch bigger bass, and that’s true … sometimes.But not always.
- BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — B.A.S.S.
- RACINE, Wis., January 17, 2017 – The biggest news in fishfinding sonar for 2017 is, quite literally, “big.” For decades, Humminbird has led the fishing world by putting new tools and innovations in the hands of anglers to help
- INSTANCES THAT KILLED SHOT AT CLASSIC While Andy Montgomery reveled in his 11th-hour catches that helped him qualify for the 2017 GEICO Bassmaster Classic, others who just missed can pinpoint the instance that kept them out.
- The Ellsworth American
Founder Robin Alden to step down as fisheries organization director
The Ellsworth American
STONINGTON — Robin Alden, a one-time commissioner of the Department of Marine Resources under Governor Angus King and longtime editor and publisher of the regional trade publication Commercial Fisheries News, will step down as executive director ...
Follow @Fisheries_News_ on Twitter!