Entrepreneur's Corner: Connie and Susie Bakeman, Still Water Grill and Catering
Spartanburg Herald Journal
Connie and Susie Bakeman co-own Still Water Grill and Catering in downtown Greer. The sisters-in-law opened the restaurant and bar on Trade Street in September, hoping to provide a fun place with good food on top of Connie's experience in the catering ...
- Business in Vancouver
BC entrepreneur sees niche in $1000 shoes
Business in Vancouver
Mehra's niche is to sell ultra-expensive brands, such as Gaziano & Girling, Corthay, Enzo Bonafè and others, that are not available elsewhere in Vancouver. His shoes start at about US$550 and range upwards of US$1,750. Mehra launched ShopMehra.com ...
- Palm Beach Daily News
Ann de Bragança, longtime Palm Beach resident, dies
Palm Beach Daily News
Mrs. de Bragança grew up in Roanoke, Va., where her father, Albert Lynn Hughson, was an attorney for the Southern Railroad. In 1942, she married Henry Scholz Jr., of Roanoke. The couple moved to Miami and eventually to Rio de Janeiro. Mr. Scholz was a ...
Red Hook Entrepreneur Aims to Transform Electric Car Industry, by Halley Bondey - The Red Hook Star-RevueThe Red Hook Star-Revue
Red Hook Entrepreneur Aims to Transform Electric Car Industry, by Halley Bondey
The Red Hook Star-Revue
Imagine a world where fueling your car is as easy as riding in the EZ-Pass lane. You stop your car momentarily over a manhole cover-like structure in the road – then, zap! You're fueled! No pumps, no fumes, and in theory, no hassle. It sounds like ...
- How technology entrepreneur Andrew D'Souza invests his own money
The Globe and Mail
Andrew D'Souza's entrepreneurial journey started when he was 10 years old and convinced his local newspaper, The Mississauga News, to start delivery in his neighbourhood – and put him in charge of the route. He then recruited some of the local kids to ...
- Entrepreneur: Rum cake queen is back teaching culinary tricks
Phoenix Business Journal
A legend of the Valley's culinary scene is back in business, and this time she's bringing her signature recipes right into her customers' homes. Subscribe to get the full story. Already a subscriber? Sign in. Subscribe to get the full story. Already a ...
- Nottingham Post
Notts entrepreneur waxes multi-millionaire on Dragons' Den
An entrepreneur from Nottinghamshire appeared on Dragon's Den but despite waxing a multi-millionaire, she left empty-handed. Gemma Cafferkey, a 34-year-old mother-of-three, was invited onto the BBC2 show to convince the panel to invest £50,000 for 10 ...and more »
Before you start a company, answer these questions
A few months ago, a friend called me excitedly to share a startup idea. He was an investor's dream entrepreneur: engineering undergrad with an MBA from MIT, worked at Google, and literally wrote a book on the core tech behind his startup. He launched a ...
The Tech Entrepreneur Who's Making Our Kitchens Smarter
As the Internet of Things revolution gathers pace, it can only be a matter of time before everything in your home, from the fridge and oven to the lock on your front door, will be controlled wirelessly from a home hub, via smartphone apps. A pioneer of ...
Ojibway entrepreneur creates product for daughter, now it's in 400 stores
Entrepreneur Patrice Mousseau created Satya Organic Eczema Relief for her daughter, who she didn't want using steroid creams to treat her skin condition. (Supplied). Listen 9:23. more stories from this episode. Opera singer Rhonda Head overcame brain ...
- The Charlottesville Newsplex
Entrepreneur Riggleman announces bid for Governor
The Charlottesville Newsplex
NELSON COUNTY, Va. (NEWSPLEX) -- Denver Riggleman, a veteran of the Air Force and entrepreneur from Nelson County, announced Saturday that he is running for Governor of Virginia. "It's time for people who aren't politicians to start targeting the ...and more »
- Washington Post
On Trump and the entrepreneur's conceit
Watching Donald Trump conduct his news conference Wednesday, it suddenly struck me that, underneath all those now-familiar idiosyncrasies, the president-elect is just like many successful entrepreneurs and owners of family businesses in his management ...and more »
- In order to prevent the post-holiday blues, you have to do a little bit of planning and accept that it is over so that you can get back to the right mindset.
How One Entrepreneur is Reinventing the Coffee Pod for Gourmet Brews
Since Nestlé began selling Nespresso in the 1990s, its little capsules have changed the way many in the West consume coffee. Thirty percent of Michelin-starred restaurants now serve Nespresso pods, and the machines sell all over the world, generating ...and more »
- Don't gamble with your golden years.
- Boost your marketing skills with these online resources -- for free.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Abele: Politician, philanthropist and entrepreneur
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele is a big supporter of the region's growing start-up community. Loading… Post to Facebook. Abele: Politician, philanthropist and entrepreneur Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele is a big supporter of the region ...
- Huffington Post
Getting into the Mindset for Growth: Lessons from a Serial Entrepreneur
As entrepreneurs, we're always thinking about growth. As such, we meticulously build out our funnels, design our offerings to be scalable, and outsource small tasks when we become too busy to manage them all on our own. However, no matter what systems ...
- To truly grow your business, invest in the things that don't go out of style: quality, freedom and purpose.
- Know who you are asking, what you are asking for and when to ask it.
- It seems that the controversial McDonald's location is trying to get on its new neighbor's good side.
- Tenants can affect real change by making the most of existing spaces. Smart retrofits could be as simple as installing energy-efficient lighting and upgrading to functional furniture solutions.
- A quick look at the promises, rights or duties that the franchisee or franchisor owes to the other
- Salary isn't the only thing that will keep your employees from leaving.
- Wicked Local Newton
Newton's Lena Romanova the entrepreneur behind Boston's Winter Village
Wicked Local Newton
In the center of bustling Boston there is a tiny village - made up of small wooden shops decked with pine garlands and an ice rink where skaters can wiz around shoppers. Part Alpine scene, part North Pole fantasy, Boston's Winter Village is the first ...
- We can only guess if there were any black cats in the overheard storage bins.
- Success comes from being different, not similar. That will always be the root of competitive advantage.
- From online microtutoring to photographic tours back through history, educational technology is giving children new ways to learn.
- CIBD offers JumpStart Entrepreneur grants
PITTSBURG - Entrepreneurs with sights set on launching new businesses in southeast Kansas now have an opportunity for funding to help make those dreams come true. The Pittsburg State Center for Innovation and Business Development (CIBD) is now ...
- If you have gift cards, presents to return or a budget that took a hit, Jessica Abo has some tips from Smart Shopping Expert, Trae Bodge.
- Following these easy steps will help you create copy that sells your products or services.
- The historic house is the largest in the city.
Retro Fitness Sprints Up Entrepreneur's Franchise 500 List to No. 119 - Business Wire (press release)Retro Fitness Sprints Up Entrepreneur's Franchise 500 List to No. 119
Business Wire (press release)
COLTS NECK, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Retro Fitness climbs 123 spots to No. 119 in Entrepreneur Magazine's newly released “Franchise 500” ranking for 2017. “We continue to expand our footprint and boost memberships because we're constantly adding ...
CARSTAR Auto Body Repair Experts Ranked In Entrepreneur's 38th Annual Franchise 500AftermarketNews.com (AMN)
- Indianapolis Business Journal
Zionsville entrepreneur plans Airbnb for tiny homes
Indianapolis Business Journal
Interest in tiny homes, like this one built by Carpenter Owl in Bloomington, is strongest among millennials and baby boomers. (Image courtesy Carpenter owl). A Zionsville woman is gearing up to launch a sharing-economy platform for tiny homes, an ...
- Why It Pays To Be A Happy Entrepreneur
Huffington Post Canada
There's no big secret to success in business -- it's all about attitude. Approaching entrepreneurship with optimism means you can bounce back when ideas flop, and in general, you bring more energy and enthusiasm to the workplace. But the true benefits ...
Five Questions For … Houston Entrepreneur and Investor Neal Murthy
Sure, he's founded and sold companies in behavioral simulation software, energy consulting, and social ventures, and he is an avid investor and mentor to entrepreneurs. His interests range from biotech to artificial intelligence to the social impacts ...
6 Must-Haves Every Entrepreneur Should Keep in Their Office
The office of an entrepreneur isn't complete without the things that help them reach peak productivity—and we're not talking about a desk and computer. That's why we asked six entrepreneurs from FounderSociety the following question: ...
- The Next Web
What every entrepreneur should know about doing business in Bangkok
The Next Web
Paul Srivorakul is a Thai-American serial entrepreneur. Paul graduated from UC Berkeley and started his career working in sales for Ask Jeeves Inc. Since then he's successfully started and exited three startup companies. Today he's wearing shorts and a ...
- Americas Quarterly
“You are very pretty, but..." – My Experience as a Woman ...
This article is adapted from AQ's print issue on entrepreneurship. To see our AQ Top 5 list of young entrepreneurs in Latin America, click here. Leer en ...and more »
This Finnish Entrepreneur And Chocolatier Wants Food Businesses To Be Accountable For Public Health - ForbesForbes
This Finnish Entrepreneur And Chocolatier Wants Food Businesses To Be Accountable For Public Health
Jukka Peltola worked in the gaming industry before launching a food brand. He was busy developing games at Rovio, the powerhouse that created Angry Birds. He had no experience in food nor a co-founder who was steeped in the food business. But he ...
What Every Entrepreneur Needs To Know Before Starting a ...
The Entrepreneur Insiders network is an online community where the most thoughtful and influential people in America's startup scene contribute answers to ...and more »
What Every Entrepreneur Needs To Know Before Starting a Business
The Entrepreneur Insiders network is an online community where the most thoughtful and influential people in America's startup scene contribute answers to timely questions about entrepreneurship and careers. Today's answer to the question “What must ...and more »
From vampire slayer to entrepreneur: Buffy rings the NASDAQ bell ...
This morning, crowds gathered at the Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center in San Francisco, where the first class of entrepreneurs to graduate from the 12-week ...and more »
- When new platforms such as Facebook Marketplace open for business, you need to capitalize on your first-mover advantage. Facebook will reward you.
- Research suggests that introverts possess qualities that can rocket them to the top of their fields.
- As you plan your strategy for the year, here are four things to watch out for.
- If you're borrowing from people you know to get your startup off the ground, check out TrustLeaf and Able. These services may help make the process easier.
- Bitcoin can help cut costs by making transactions faster and easier. But there are caveats.
- But remember your audience.
- One of the most important aspects of a small business is getting found by new customers.
Follow @NwsEntrepreneur on Twitter!