- Play-learning with UBTECH Robotics’ Jimu robots teaches key coding skills to (big) kids of all ages, from 5 to 105!Parents want to know more about how to teach kids coding skills at homeOver two-thirds (68%) of parents think kids know more about tech than adultsOnly 18% of parents know schools are required by law to teach coding to all ages9% think that robots will soon replace footballers and teachers!Robots are amongst the best ways of...Source: RealWire
- Communications experts from EI’s member organisations are meeting in Belgrade for two days of strategic planning and learning on everything related to communications, from geo-targeting to linking advocacy to effective messaging.
- To celebrate International Human Rights Day, EI General Secretary Fred van Leeuwen says we must look to the instruments of the United Nations and its agencies that enshrine those rights in international law and culture.
- To put the focus on fundamental societal changes needed to achieve global development goals, the new Global Education Monitoring Report is set to be officially released in Brussels.
- For the first time ever, education trade unions in Niger have called for a national strike to demand the integration of contract teachers into the civil service, and the payment of wage arrears.
- Gathered for the second day of their their quadrennial conference in Belgrade, Serbia, the European Trade Union Committee for Education (ETUCE), Education International’s European Region, has elected a new leadership team to head the organization for the next four years.
- With a full slate of resolutions to be adopted, the first day of the European Trade Union Committee for Education Conference turned to the plight of refugees in Europe.
- The OECD’s 2015 PISA contains a range of strong and positive proposals on equity, tackling disadvantage and on the promotion of science teaching, but fails to adopt a coherent narrative on positive teacher policy.
- Around 320 participants from 131 education trade unions from 48 countries, representing more than 11 million teachers and education personnel across Europe, gather in Belgrade, Serbia, to set the course for European education policy debates for the next four years.
- In the framework of the 16 Days of activism against gender-based violence campaign, UN Women has published a ‘Package of essentials for addressing violence against women’ aimed at advocates, programmers and policy makers.
- A new report looks into the operations of Bridge International Academies in Kenya and uncovers the reality behind the private for-profit provider’s claims to offer ‘affordable’ quality education.
- NSCC: Employer-driven training on the rise
Defiance Crescent News (subscription)
ARCHBOLD — A notable increase in employer-driven workforce training was discussed during a Friday meeting of the Northwest State Community College Board of Trustees. Thank you for reading! Please log in, or sign up for a new account and purchase a ...
Number of NEETs in OECD countries on constant rise because of economic crisis - ItalyEurope24 (subscription)Number of NEETs in OECD countries on constant rise because of economic crisis
The share of young people who are Not in Employment, Education or Training (the so called NEETs) rose in most OECD countries as a result of sweeping job losses in the wake of the economic crisis. In 2015, the number of NEETs OECD-wide stood at 40.0 ...
- Anniston Star
Piedmont school system receives $70K grant for career training
Jabre'la Calloway has had a desire to help people for as long as she could remember. A job training program Piedmont High School started last year helped the 17-year-old decide to turn that passion into a career. “It was a great experience and I ...
- Teacher unions in Cameroon have unitarily called on primary and secondary teachers to strike in December to force the government to respect commitments on improved teachers’ working and living conditions and fixed status.
- On the occasion of the 10th anniversary of the International Day of People with Disabilities, Education International calls on stakeholders to double their efforts to include teachers and students with disabilities into the education system.
- Deadline for Distance Education Training extended to this summer
When Southwestern College was tagged with 15 sanctions by its accreditation agency, one that stood out was the college's non-compliant distance education program, more commonly known to students as online classes. Professor Angelina Stuart, co-chair ...
- Breaking Belize News (blog)
106 primary school students graduate from Gang Resistance ...
Breaking Belize News (blog)
A total of one hundred and six standard six students from Santa Elena Primary School today graduated from the Gang Resistance Education and Training ...and more »
106 primary school students graduate from Gang Resistance Education and Training Program in Cayo - Breaking Belize News (blog)Breaking Belize News (blog)
106 primary school students graduate from Gang Resistance Education and Training Program in Cayo
Breaking Belize News (blog)
By BBN Staff: A total of one hundred and six standard six students from Santa Elena Primary School today graduated from the Gang Resistance Education and Training (GREAT) Program. Present at the ceremony were representatives from the United States ...and more »
St. E has developed free-standing Education and Training Center, at expanded former METS Center - User-generated content (press release) (registration)St. E has developed free-standing Education and Training Center, at expanded former METS Center
User-generated content (press release) (registration)
St. Elizabeth Healthcare has transformed the former METS Center in Erlanger to a state-of-the-art, free-standing Education and Training Center. The facility puts St. E's in rare company nationally. Its new Simulation Center is doubly rare. St ...
Hampden DA hires Arthur Leavens as director of legal education and training
SPRINGFIELD -- Hampden District Attorney Anthony D. Gulluni has hired Arthur Leavens as director of legal education and training for his office. Leavens is professor emeritus at the Western New England University School of Law. The new position is ...
- Leaders of the Francophonie member countries have voted in favour of promoting “effective institutional arrangements for regulating private stakeholders in education”, in line with the long-standing advocacy work of Education International and affiliates.
Education and Job Training Policy: The Key to the Future of American Politics? - Education Week (subscription) (blog)Education Week (subscription) (blog)
Education and Job Training Policy: The Key to the Future of American Politics?
Education Week (subscription) (blog)
Ah, you say. Tucker must be out of his mind. How could education and training policy hold the key to American politics after an election in which education and training policy was barely mentioned? My analysis starts with the situation in which the ...and more »
- The Mexican National Union of Education Workers (SNTE), together with UNESCO, has published a ground-breaking guide for teachers to help them excel in the delivery of Indigenous education in the classroom.
Pines of Sarasota Education & Training Institute Partners with Kanopy Online Video Streaming Service for Academic ... - PR Web (press release)Pines of Sarasota Education & Training Institute Partners with Kanopy Online Video Streaming Service for Academic ...
PR Web (press release)
Pines of Sarasota Education & Training Institute announces a new partnership with Kanopy, a San Franscisco-based online video streaming service connected to over 3,000 universities and colleges worldwide. Dementia Care Videos with Teepa Snow.
A Wal-Mart Education: Employees going through new Ooltewah training academy - Chattanooga Times Free PressChattanooga Times Free Press
A Wal-Mart Education: Employees going through new Ooltewah training academy
Chattanooga Times Free Press
Staff photo by Mike Pare / The first graduates of Wal-Mart's new training academy took part in a ceremony outside the company's Ooltewah supercenter on Wednesday. Photo by Contributed Photo /Times Free Press. It gives you the tools you needed instead ...
- The Irish Field
Horse Racing Ireland has established an education and training grant
The Irish Field
Horse Racing Ireland (HRI), through its Careers and Racing Education (CARE) department has established an Education and Training Grant programme to provide assistance to professional jockeys. The grant programme will make a contribution towards the ...
- The Irish Field
HRI has launched an education and training grant
The Irish Field
Horse Racing Ireland (HRI), through its Careers and Racing Education (CARE) department has established an Education and Training Grant programme to provide assistance to professional jockeys. The grant programme will make a contribution towards the ...and more »
- Leaders at the Third Conference of Education International’s Arab Countries Cross Regional Structure reaffirm their commitment to securing the rights of children in the region’s conflict areas and help ensure refugee children’s right to education.
- Education unions in the UK have strongly reasserted the need to bring an end to sexual bullying and harassment and refocus efforts to train teachers on sexual harassment and violence awareness.
East Durham College Offering Course In Education and Training - North East Connected (press release) (subscription)North East Connected (press release) (subscription)
East Durham College Offering Course In Education and Training
North East Connected (press release) (subscription)
East Durham College are delighted to announce it is offering a new short course in education and training. By Charley Williams -. November 29, 2016. 0. 1. Share on Facebook · Tweet on Twitter ...and more »
- The FINANCIAL
ADB to Provide $98 Million to Improve Myanmar Youth Education and Training
The FINANCIAL -- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a $98.49 million loan to help advance Myanmar's education reforms and equip youth with skills needed in a modern economy and society. Weak human capital poses a critical obstacle for ...and more »
- Education leaders and recipients of the John M. Thompson Fellowship Programme refreshed their knowledge of unions in the region while learning about strategic plans for their own organisations and ways to contribute.
- CBS Local
Federal Grant Opens Doors for Overdose Education, Narcan Training
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – There's another tool to help fight the opiod epidemic in Missouri. The state is receiving a $5.5 million federal grant for overdose education and training for first responders. MO-HOPE Project Manager Brandon Costerison says the goal ...
Two Fargo teachers get in-depth training on Holocaust education ...
That's how 25-year-old Ashlee Cournia described her first learning about the Holocaust in high school. She hated hearing about the death of millions and seeing ...and more »
Employers need to step up training of new graduates, Ontario Education Minister says - The Globe and MailEmployers need to step up training of new graduates, Ontario Education Minister says
The Globe and Mail
In her first major speech Monday as Ontario postsecondary education minister, Deb Matthews has set out her priorities for how to improve college and university education in the province, including a focus on persuading employers to invest in training ...and more »
- Education institutions expand training programs
Across Fort Bend County, institutions of postsecondary education are ramping up their course offerings and facilities for technical programs to keep up with local and statewide workplace demands. "Right now, Texas has a skills shortage in what we call ...
The Importance of Continual Education and Training in Our Business - National Mortgage Professional MagazineNational Mortgage Professional Magazine
The Importance of Continual Education and Training in Our Business
National Mortgage Professional Magazine
It is evident that there is an increasing need for education on many frontiers in this modern age, particularly the mortgage industry as it can have a direct impact on company growth, and thus the efficiency of the company in providing services for its ...
- French teachers are preparing to strike on 29 November to demand the government to expand the list of priority education secondary schools, which are set to be reduced.
- Two Fargo teachers get in-depth training on Holocaust education
That's how 25-year-old Ashlee Cournia described her first learning about the Holocaust in high school. She hated hearing about the death of millions and seeing all the pictures. Now Cournia, a language arts teacher at Shanley High School in Fargo, aims ...
- The Southland Times
Southland Hospital's new education and training centre busy on ...
The Southland Times
Southern District Health Board nursing and midwifery executive director Leanne Samuel, left, commissioner Kathy Grant and deputy commissioner Richard ...and more »
- The Southland Times
Southland Hospital's new education and training centre busy on opening day
The Southland Times
Southern District Health Board nursing and midwifery executive director Leanne Samuel, left, commissioner Kathy Grant and deputy commissioner Richard Thomson at the opening of the Southland Hospital education and training centre. Southland Hospital's ...and more »
- Education International has joined with other civil society organisations to demand leadership from the European Union to ensure the full implementation of the sustainable development goals.
- To mark the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women and Girls, Education International affiliates are urging governments to support the International Labour Organisation’s Standard on gender based violence and harassment at work.
Workers in training programs should also have access to federal education grants - Minneapolis Star TribuneMinneapolis Star Tribune
Workers in training programs should also have access to federal education grants
Minneapolis Star Tribune
ELIZABETH FLORES • Star Tribune An employee worked on a welding project at EJ Ajax, a metal forming company in Fridley, in 2014. Text size. comment. share · tweet · email. Print. more. Share on: Share on LinkedIn Share on Google+ Share on ...
- Aiken Tech providing training for student apprentices
As South Carolina prepares for a wave of retirements, registered apprenticeships will be key in ensuring that the pipeline is filled with a well-trained, knowledgeable workforce, and Aiken Technical College is helping provide the education for those jobs.
- With a focus on producing concrete projects and initiatives to address the education of refugees and forced migrants, those in attendance at Education International’s conference in Stockholm pledged to create long-term sustainable solutions.
- Daily Mail
14,000 more young people not in education, employment or training ...
The number of young people not in education, employment or training has increased by 14000 to 857000, new figures show. The so-called NEET total for 16 to .
The UK rise in Neets: those not in education, employment or trainingThe Guardianall 7 news articles »
- The nomination of a new secretary of education has immediately triggered expressions of concern from education trade unions in the United States, who fear thatprevious achievements will be systematically dismantled.
- Nobody's coming to the party – higher education and training commission
The vexed question of how higher education 'fees must fall,' will probably only be answered late next year, given the disappointingly sparse contents of the interim report by the Commission on Higher Education and Training released by the Presidency ...and more »
Follow @EducationNewsUS on Twitter!