- US vice-president stresses economic links and need for co-operation on security
- Pet insurance and online videos among ideas to replace erosion in ads and circulation
- UN says crisis could spread to regions covering 5.5m people
- Private equity group keen to do a takeover after Kraft Heinz’s failed bid for Unilever
- Investors nervous about France’s upcoming presidential elections
- Premium for 10-year French debt over Bunds climbs to fresh four-year high
- The internet confronts us with our previous selves, fixed in pixels for posterity
- Six towers north of Miami created a lucrative model for Porsche and Armani buildings
- Dissident lawmakers say the centre-left party must return to its leftwing roots
- President Correa’s leftwing protégé close to margin needed to avoid run-off
- President Correa’s leftwing protégé close to margin needed to avoid run-off
- The Hill (blog)
RPT-GLOBAL ECONOMY-How do you say deja vu in Greek?
(Repeats Friday story) * Euro zone primary surpluses/deficits - http://tmsnrt.rs/2kwFMko By Jeremy GauntLONDON, Feb 17 (Reuters) - It seems as if we have been here before: the euro zone fretting that a crisis with Greece will balloon out of all ...
Why Italy's shaky economy should worry us allThe Hill (blog)all 96 news articles »
- Chief executive orders investigation into allegations of unwanted sexual advances
- S.Korea economy showing positive signs in capex, exports -vice finmin
SEJONG, South Korea, Feb 20 (Reuters) - South Korea's economy is showing positive signs of growth in exports and capital investment, the country's second vice minister said on Monday, although consumption is still sluggish. "There are some in the media ...and more »
- Pyongyang accuses Kuala Lumpur of colluding with ‘hostile forces’ over autopsy
- Counterfeit pesticides damage EU economy
Chemical & Engineering News (subscription)
The sale of counterfeit pesticides is costing European agrochemical producers about $1.4 billion (€1.3 billion) each year in lost revenue, according to a new study by the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO). This equates to a loss of ...
- Second year of disappointing payouts to investors in 2016
- Investors suffer second year of disappointing payouts in 2016
- Negotiating a deal to secure citizen rights faces numerous obstacles
- India, cyber-bullies and how social media is used to attack political opponents
- DoJ wants internet entrepreneur to face copyright and money laundering charges
Op-Ed: There is a long campaign to put the US economy back on track
U.S. President Donald Trump addresses a crowd at Boeing's South Carolina facilities on February 17, 2017 in North Charleston, South Carolina. With the labor force growth of 0.9 percent and productivity gains of 0.2 percent, America's physical limits to ...and more »
- Financial Times
Resetting Nigeria's economy
Nigeria's economy is undergoing a fundamental transformation. To believe that a few minor amendments to economic policy would restore the country to growth is an optimistic but flawed position. Sample the FT's top stories for a week. You select the ...and more »
- Political tensions and global prices rise after severe droughts hit robusta supplies
- Global investors chasing higher yields drive 2016 transactions to record $12bn
Cleveland Fed chief 'comfortable' raising rates if economy keeps performing
Cleveland Fed President Loretta Mester takes part in a panel convened to speak about the health of the U.S. economy in New York November 18, 2015. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson. By Masayuki Kitano | SINGAPORE. SINGAPORE Cleveland Federal Reserve ...
US Dollar Up as Fed's Mester Says Economy on Sound FootingDailyFXall 19 news articles »
- Tampabay.com (blog)
Tampa cruises will add millions to Cuban economy
TAMPA — Major cruise lines will start sailing from Port Tampa Bay to Havana in the coming months, with possibly more than 40,000 passengers spread out over 22 voyages who could add more than $5 million to the Cuban economy this year and next.and more »
- Probe of Beijing-funded Belgrade-Budapest link hits Xi’s hallmark project
- East Asia's agreement to keep the world economy open
East Asia Forum
What the Trump administration will ultimately do to the shape of the global trade regime is difficult to foretell but there's no question that it will change it forever, even if there is strong global push-back against Trump's threat to unravel trade ...and more »
UK economy would take a Â£328m hit if all migrant workers stayed at home for a day, new research says - The IndependentThe Independent
UK economy would take a £328m hit if all migrant workers stayed at home for a day, new research says
The UK economy would take a £328m hit if all migrant workers stayed at home for a day, new research says today. The nation's daily GDP would fall by 4 per cent if all non-British citizens stopped working for 24 hours, according to the New Economics ...
Economy would lose £328m if non-Brits stopped working for a day - researchBelfast Telegrap
Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
A candidate for Virginia Governor has been touring Southwest Virginia this weekend, with a focus on issues close to home. News 5's Jessica Griffith sat down with Tom Perriello to learn if elected, how he plans to help the economy in Southwest Virginia.and more »
- S. Africa's Troubled Economy Facing Turbulent Times
South Africa, once a standout emerging market economy, is caught in the middle of a political hurricane that's adding impetus to a downward economic spiral. A week after chaos erupted at his annual speech—which resulted in soldiers having to be ...and more »
- Oman Economy to See Higher GDP in 2018
Financial experts in Oman have welcomed the projected growth Oman is expected to see in 2018. A combination of a prudent budget, fiscal discipline and structural reforms, together with a growing tourism sector and connected projects, sees an economic ...and more »
- Yves Saint Laurent bucks trend in luxury sector with sixth straight year of growth
- Divorce-first approach a setback for Britain’s hopes of fast-track deal
- Craig Daily Press
US Rep. Scott Tipton: The state of the economy
Craig Daily Press
The House Financial Services Committee recently received our biannual update on the state of the economy from Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen. This update could not have come at a more important time. photo. Courtesy photo. U.S. Rep. Scott Tipton ...and more »
Global Economy Week Ahead: Eurozone PMI, US Home Sales, Fed Minutes - Wall Street Journal (subscription)Global Economy Week Ahead: Eurozone PMI, US Home Sales, Fed Minutes
Wall Street Journal (subscription)
This week, housing data from the U.S. will offer clues on how a pickup in mortgage rates has affected the market, surveys of purchasing managers will give an early look at how the eurozone economy is holding up in February, and the Bank of Korea ...
- With trading in a rival US oil contract growing, reforms may become reality
- Candidates interviewed to replace Flynn as president renews attacks on media
- What Needs to Happen to Keep Utah's Economy Rolling?
On part of this week's Inside Utah Politics, Val Hale, Executive Director, Utah Governor's Office of Economic Development, joined Glen Mills to discuss Utah's economy and opportunities for future growth. Utah's Economy - Utah has and continues to see ...
- Microsoft co-founder suggests money should be used to retrain people replaced by robots
- Unilever approach was warning shot to May after takeover pledge
- Buffett and Lemann feared pursuit after early leak of bid could damage both groups
- Most critical question was over Washington’s future course with Russia
- Monetary policy involves trade-offs that are fundamentally political in nature
'Soft' side of economy soars under Trump. But here's the 'hard' truth
Donald Trump tours the Boeing plant in North Charleston, South Carolina. Trump has made "America First" the theme of his presidency. Main Street and Wall Street are clearly more hopeful about the prospects for the economy in 2017. What's hazy is ...
- Will the system bring the president down or will he destroy it first?
- The Hill
Americans brimming with optimism on the economy | TheHill
A strong majority of Americans say the U.S. economy is running strong, and most believe the upward trend will continue under President Trump, according to a ...and more »
- As the bank faces its ninth straight loss, can McEwan hang on at the helm?
- Divorce-first approach will hurt UK’s plans for a fast-track deal
Follow @Economy_newsUS on Twitter!