Forsyth County News Online
Forsyth Central automotive teacher receives national award
Forsyth County News Online
The 2015 Forsyth County Teacher of the Year was recently honored on a national level at the fall Board of Governors meeting of the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence, or ASE. Marlo Miranda, an automotive instructor at Forsyth Central ...
2017 Mini Countryman: The biggest Mini gets even more maxi
Larger than its predecessor, the second-generation Countryman will include among its model choices a first-for-Mini plug-in hybrid version. 2017 Mini Countryman. prev. next. Being the big Mini — an oxymoron if ever there was one — the four-door ...and more »
Audi plans return to North Slope for secretive cold-weather automotive testing - Alaska Dispatch NewsAlaska Dispatch News
Audi plans return to North Slope for secretive cold-weather automotive testing
Alaska Dispatch News
A German automaker plans to return to Alaska's North Slope early next year to continue its secretive cold-weather performance tests on cars. Audi last winter hired a contractor to build a frozen track on the tundra outside Deadhorse — an industrial ...
Automotive Minute: Lincoln's new Continental strikes the right luxury notes - Atlanta Business ChronicleAutomotive Minute: Lincoln's new Continental strikes the right luxury notes
Atlanta Business Chronicle
Lincoln Motor Co. is one of the few remaining early American motoring marques in regular production, getting its start in 1917. Throughout its storied history the company has put out vehicles buyers loved like the Continental, Mark V and Town Car.
Automotive Heat Shield Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast - PR Newswire (press release)Automotive Heat Shield Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast
PR Newswire (press release)
A vehicles internal combustion engine generates a large amount of heat which can damage the vehicles other components and body work. Moreover heat shields can even increase a vehicles performance by reducing the engine's temperature.
Mott automotive technology program joins Fiat Chrysler training network
FCA US LLC, a North American automaker headquartered in Auburn Hills, established the Mopar Career Automotive Program LOCAL in partnership with the National Coalition of Certification Centers (NC3), to train approximately 1,000 students annually, ...
Students tour local automotive shops - WLUC
Students from the Copper Country Intermediate School District are getting a first-hand look at the automotive industry.and more »
- Fitch Publishes Barclays Global Automotive Conference ...
Business Wire (press release)
Fitch Ratings has published the slides from its presentation, "U.S. Autos: The Rating Agency View", that it presented on Nov. 17, 2016 at th.and more »
Global Automotive Blind Spot Detection Market to Witness Growth Through 2020, Owing to Government Regulations on ... - Business Wire (press release)Business Wire (press release)
Global Automotive Blind Spot Detection Market to Witness Growth Through 2020, Owing to Government Regulations on ...
Business Wire (press release)
Technavio publishes a new market research report on the global automotive blind spot detection market from 2016-2020. (Graphic: Business Wire). Download. Full Size · Small · Preview · Thumbnail ???pagination.previous??? ???pagination.next???and more »
Strategic Analysis of eRetailing in the Global Automotive Aftermarket ... - Business Wire (press release)Strategic Analysis of eRetailing in the Global Automotive Aftermarket ...
Business Wire (press release)
This study covers key trends and data analytics for the emerging eCommerce channel in the global automotive aftermarket. The study provides a comprehensive ...and more »
- Fudzilla (blog)
MediaTek is jumping the automotive semi business
This is hardly a surprise, as MediaTek just like Nvidia and Qualcomm, has an SoC that fits phones and tablets that can be easily tweaked into an automotive SoC. What we have learned so far is that the high end mobile phone SoC can do quite good job in ...
Basic Automotive Paint Care From An Expert At Meguiar's
More than 17 million new vehicles were sold in the U.S. last year. Those pristine vehicles joined another 245 million already traversing our roads and highways. With few exceptions, each is unquestionably unique in color, trim, and options. Plus, the ...
- Frisco Fastball
Price Action to Note: Penske Automotive Group, Inc. Sets 52-Week ...
The stock of Penske Automotive Group, Inc. (NYSE:PAG) hit a new 52-week high and has $55.02 target or 3.00% above today's $53.42 share price.and more »
Delphi Automotive Provides a Chance to Benefit From Self-Driving
The auto parts manufacturer is involved in a promising taxi initiative with the Singapore government. Kat McKerrow. Follow. Dec 6, 2016 8:22 AM EST. Shares of automaker Bayerische Motoren Werke -- better known by its acronym, BMW -- rose more than ...and more »
When IoT And The Automotive Industry Collide
Connectivity is giving the automobile industry a new lease on life. With the Internet of Things, vehicles are becoming smarter and more autonomous and have the potential to impact consumers' lives like never before. PYMNTS recently caught up with ...
- Autotrader Names Must-Have Automotive Technology for 2017
ATLANTA, Dec. 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The rate of acceleration is growing when it comes to all things technology, and the world of cars is no different. Words like "self-driving" and "autonomous," once a seemingly futuristic fantasy, are now part of ...and more »
Automotive Starter Motor and Alternator Market to Hit US$38.56 Billion by 2024; Uptake of Passenger Vehicles Raises ... - PR Newswire (press release)Satellite PR News
Automotive Starter Motor and Alternator Market to Hit US$38.56 Billion by 2024; Uptake of Passenger Vehicles Raises ...
PR Newswire (press release)
The top four players operating in the global automotive starter motor & alternator market held a share of 34.4% in the market in 2015. Denso Corporation, The Bosch Group, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, and Valeo Group have been leading the global ...
Emergence of eco-friendly vehicles to drive global automotive lightweight ma
- DIY Trend Proves Powerful for OReilly Automotive Inc
In an environment of slowly but steadily rising wages, consumers have more disposable income to pursue DIY or "do-it-yourself" projects at home. O'Reilly Automotive (NASDAQ: ORLY), a constituent of the Consumer Discretionary Select Sector Fund, ...and more »
- The Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers late Monday urged congressional negotiators to include language in a short-term budget resolution that would bar the Obama administration from finalizing mpg rules before it leaves office next month.
Toyo Tire Named Automotive Supplier of the Year - Cartersville, GA ...
Cartersville, GA - The Bartow County company is one of 5 winners of the Georgia Department of Economic Development's inaugural Georgia Automotive ...and more »
- About 120 BMW X models were damaged when train cars carrying the vehicles derailed on Sunday afternoon en route to the Port of Charleston, S.C., for export to overseas markets.
- IEEE Spectrum
Why the Automotive Future Will Be Dominated by Fuel Cells
Online.12WFuelCell.iStockPhoto Photo: iStockphoto Fill 'er Up: Refueling a fuel-cell vehicle with hydrogen is much like refueling a conventional vehicle: It can be done within a few minutes at an appropriate pump. Stations able to dispense hydrogen ...and more »
- Electronic Design
Not to be Left Out, Mediatek Plots Strategy for Automotive Chips
The market for automotive chips is an increasingly crowded field. Most major chip manufacturers, including Intel and Qualcomm, are trying to translate success in their success in personal computers and smartphones into car electronics. Mediatek, the ...
- Ford will likely make changes to its car lineup as demand for small SUVs continues to outpace that for sedans. That could include offering crossover-style variants of certain sedans or dropping certain nameplates altogether.
- With more creditworthy consumers financing vehicles in the third quarter, and fewer high-risk folks, the auto finance market is strengthening overall, Experian reports.
Saudi Arabia rapidly becoming new automotive hub in Mideast
File picture of Mazda's RT24-P prototype car. The Saudi International Motor show will be held at Jeddah Center for Forums and Events on Dec. 11-15, 2016. (Reuters). Saudi Gazette, Jeddah Monday, 5 December 2016. Text size A A A. The 38th Saudi ...and more »
- Iron Mountain Daily News
NWTC builds new automotive, diesel truck facility
Iron Mountain Daily News
THIS RENDERING SHOWS the new automotive and diesel truck facility being constructed at Northeast Wisconsin Technical College's campus in Green Bay. It is expected to open in fall 2017. GREEN BAY, Wis. — Construction is under way on a plot of land ...
- Dodge wants to get back into NASCAR, Fiat Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne said on Sunday. "Yes I'd love to," he said. "I talked to Jim France (executive vice-president of NASCAR) about this just last night."
- Automotive Transmission Systems Market Report 2017-2027
Visiongain [https://www.visiongain.com ]'s new 139 page market analysis report reveals that the automotive transmission market will achieve revenues of $148bn in 2017. Despite the gradual electrification of the global vehicle ...
Automotive Transmission Market Worth 196.20 Billion USD by 2021PR Newswire (press release)all 2 news articles »
- Wall Street Journal
Automotive Tech Flying Off the Lot
Wall Street Journal
Panasonic is taking another spin on the automotive-technology highway, and investors should take note. The Japanese electronics company plans to buy car-component maker ZKW Group for ¥100 billion ($881 million), according to The Wall Street Journal.and more »
- Tesla Motors Inc. has set up shop in Michigan. After filing a lawsuit in federal court in September contesting the state's direct-to-consumer sales ban, the electric-vehicle maker on Thursday, Dec.
- Daimler converts a U.S. kit factory to a bona fide vehicle assembly plant -- and creates a new scenario for local Mercedes parts.
- CEO Masamichi Kogai is piloting Mazda Motor Corp. through a massive transition more befitting automakers double its size. It starts with a diversification of drivetrains to meet more stringent emissions rules.
- Mazda Motor Corp. CEO Masamichi Kogai, fighting sliding sales and a tougher U.S. auto market, is banking on an ambitious next-generation product plan to lift the boutique Japanese brand above its mass-market competitors.
- Lear says it is partnering with three automakers to bring advance-concept vehicle seating to market as early as 2019 through its Crafted by Lear pilot program.
- Jaguar Land Rover CEO Ralf Speth has the British automaker growing at a record pace, but he wants to make sure the company always puts profits ahead of volume. Speth outlines the next steps in JLR's model and plant expansion.
- After three consecutive declines, automakers managed in November to make the largest year-over-year U.S. sales gain since February, but it took a big jump in incentives to make that happen.
- Ford Motor could owe a Maine dealership, Darling's Ford, millions of dollars in damages after failing to provide proper notice of a change in an incentive program more than 10 years ago.
- The GM Women's Retail Network is taking an active role to get young women trained as dealership technicians, with scholarships, internships and host dealerships.
- Barton Chevrolet-Cadillac is saving taxpayers in Newburgh, N.Y., about $100,000 by letting a local fire department move in for a year while the department's station house is being rebuilt.
- After his father's death in July, Teddy Morse, 41, took over his family's dealership group, founded by his grandfather in 1963.
- The EPA's surprise decision last week to uphold its greenhouse-gas targets keeps the auto industry pretty much where it was before the presidential election.
- Lucid Motors' luxury EV prototype feels like an entirely viable product. But the car and the company are venturing into an automotive landscape littered with startups that promised to be the real thing.
- So what could go wrong with car salespeople demonstrating semiautonomous technology to customers new to self-driving vehicles? In some cases, plenty. And it's emerging as a concern.
- AutoNation is reversing its policy prohibiting the sale of used vehicles with open recalls after concluding that Donald Trump's election victory doomed prospects for recall reform.
- An inherent tension exists at most franchised dealerships between fixed operations and used-car sales. But at one large North Carolina dealership, that long-standing and bitter conflict has been amicably resolved -- by the accountant.
- Local car clubs, social groups team up to feed the needy
Charleston Post Courier
More than 40 people enjoyed turkey, hams and trimmings at a feed the homeless event in Charleston. Auto secondary 2. Jim Parker/Staff. People served up free meals Nov. 27 at a feed the homeless dinner sponsored by local car clubs and social ...
- Car Talk
Charleston Post Courier
My son, who is going to college, purchased a 1997 Nissan Altima for $5. The car will stall, and then you can restart it and it's fine -- it will start right back up. But this can be a problem, because people waiting behind him tend to be impatient. It ...
- Daily News Egypt
3rd Egypt Automotive Summit to discuss automotive industry strategy
Daily News Egypt
Major automotive companies are set to participate in the third annual Egypt Automotive Summit scheduled to take place on 13 December. International companies are slated to participate in the summit to sign supply contracts with feeder industry companies.
- The Cerbat Gem
O'Reilly Automotive Inc. (ORLY) Shares Bought by Macquarie Group Ltd.
The Cerbat Gem
Enter your email address below to get the latest news and analysts' ratings for O'Reilly Automotive Inc. with our FREE daily email newsletter: Recent Market News. Xcel Energy Inc. (XEL) Stake Raised by Macquarie Group Ltd. O'Reilly Automotive Inc ...
Reliable stocks in today's share market: O'Reilly Automotive Inc. (NASDAQ:ORLY)The News Journal
Some Traders See Unusual Bullish Options Activity in
Follow @Automotive_Nws on Twitter!