- Penske Automotive Group has backed off a no-haggle pricing experiment and returned to a traditional sales model and a commission-based pay plan at Toyota of Surprise (Ariz.).
- After Nissan's Star Wars tie-in kicked Rogue sales into hyperdrive last month, its marketing team is tackling a new mission: spreading the compact crossover's success to other nameplates.
- Denso's new strategy for filling engineering vacancies: recruit engineers in Detroit and dispatch them all over the country.
- California's utilities are asking for more than $1 billion to spend on electric car-charging stations that will help the state meet its goal of getting 1.5 million zero-emissions vehicles on the road by 2025.
- The New Jersey Legislature has passed a bill that imposes disclosures and restrictions on the use of starter-interrupt devices, which auto lenders sometimes require be installed in vehicles when they approve loans to consumers with poor credit.
- Yanfeng Automotive Interiors plans to invest $8.45 million in a new technical center and headquarters, which the supplier is moving to the Detroit suburb of Novi.
O'Reilly Automotive Breaks Below 200-Day Moving Average - Notable for ORLY
In trading on Friday, shares of O'Reilly Automotive, Inc. (Symbol: ORLY) crossed below their 200 day moving average of $273.86, changing hands as low as $273.37 per share. O'Reilly Automotive, Inc. shares are currently trading off about 0.3% on the day.
O'Reilly Automotive Inc. (ORLY) PT Raised to $315.00Sports Perspectives
O'Reilly Automotive Inc. (ORLY) Downgraded by Zacks Investment ResearchBBNS
Nomura Asset Management Co. Ltd. Maintains Stake in Delphi Automotive PLC (DLPH)
The Cerbat Gem
Delphi Automotive PLC logo Nomura Asset Management Co. Ltd. maintained its position in Delphi Automotive PLC (NYSE:DLPH) during the third quarter, according to its most recent Form 13F filing with the SEC. The firm owned 33,157 shares of the ...
Delphi Automotive (DLPH) Names Glen De Vos as CTOStreetInsider.com
The Delphi Automotive PLC (DLPH) Stake Cut by Texas Permanent School FundDailyQu
- Germany will need a new economic strategy geared toward Asia should the new U.S.
- Sports Perspectives
Asbury Automotive Group Inc. (ABG) Shares Bought by JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Complete the form below to receive the latest headlines and analysts' recommendationsfor Asbury Automotive Group Inc. with our free daily email newsletter: Follow @SPNewsAnalysis · Sports Perspectives ...and more »
2017 Buick Envision: Midsize crossover plugs gap in Buick line
In Envision, Buick offers a credible challenger to the likes of the Acura RDX and Lincoln MKC. 2017 Buick Envision. prev. next. Until last year, Buick had a gap in its crossover utility lineup big enough to drive an SUV through. So Buick drove an SUV ...and more »
- Ride-hailing company Uber Technologies said it hired the man behind Google search to work closely with CEO Travis Kalanick and help grow the company's self-driving car program.
- Minutes after his inauguration, President Donald Trump signaled plans to pull the U.S.
- Ford Motor said Friday that a change in how it accounts for pensions will result in a $2 billion hit to its 2016 net income, according to a document filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
EAS delivers Romanian Automotive Cargo
Logistics firm EAS Group has transported a cargo of automotive parts from Romania to Turkey. The consignment weighed 25 tons and was transported via a chartered flight on behalf of car manufacturer in Romania. The project team from EAS collaborated ...
- Ford, aiming to reduce emissions and operating costs, is teaming up with city officials in London to launch a year-long test of 20 Transit Custom plug-in hybrid vans.
- Swiss engineering firm ABB plans to build a $90-million randd center in Montréal, where Canadians will help develop some of the next-generation technologies for electric vehicles.
Zacks Industry Outlook Highlights: Ford Motor, General Motors, Penske Automotive Group, Fox Factory Holding and GKN - Yahoo FinanceCNBC
Zacks Industry Outlook Highlights: Ford Motor, General Motors, Penske Automotive Group, Fox Factory Holding and GKN
Chicago, IL – January 20, 2017 – Today, Zacks Equity Research discusses the Industry: Auto, Part 2, including Ford Motor Co. (NYSE: F – Free Report ), General Motors Company (NYSE: GM – Free Report ), Penske Automotive Group, Inc. (NYSE: PAG – Free ...
Panasonic aims to move Tesla auto partnership beyond batteries: CEOReutersal
- Toyota, scolded by President Donald Trump over a planned plant in Mexico, relied on the country for less than 7 percent of its record North American output last year.
- Mentor certifies RTOS for automotive designs
Mentor Graphics has introduced an ISO 26262 qualification programme for its tools and embedded software for use safety-critical designs and verification flows at all criticality levels up to and including ASIL D.
- The push to bring self-driving cars to American roads got a significant boost on Thursday when the nation's chief auto safety regulator essentially cleared Tesla's Autopilot system of fault in a fatal 2016 crash.
- PPG Acquires Automotive Refinish Coatings Company Futian Xinshi ...
Business Wire (press release)
PPG (NYSE:PPG) today announced that it has acquired certain assets of automotive refinish coatings company Futian Xinshi (Futian). Financial terms wer.and more »
TRL: UK continues to shape future EU automotive safety despite Brexit - Automotive World (press release)TRL: UK continues to shape future EU automotive safety despite Brexit
Automotive World (press release)
The UK will continue to play a key role in shaping future European transport policy following the solus award of the latest European Commission (EC) Automotive Safety Framework to TRL, the global centre of innovation in transport and mobility.and more »
- Phoenix Business Journal
How Lucid Motors could 'air up' Arizona's automotive sector
Phoenix Business Journal
Lucid Motors has the potential to charge up the Arizona vehicle manufacturing scene from small operations to becoming a big player on the electric car scene. Subscribe to get the full story. Already a subscriber? Sign in. Subscribe to get the full ...
- Global Automotive Heat Shield Market will reach USD 23.00 Billion ...
Sarasota, FL, Jan. 20, 2017-- Zion Market Research has published a new report titled“ Automotive Heat Shield Market by Material: Global Industry Perspective, ...and more »
Bommarito Automotive Group sponsoring INDYCAR Gateway race
ST. LOUIS – The Bommarito Automotive Group, the leading retailer of new and used vehicles in the St. Louis region, has been named title sponsor of the ...and more »
How Big Is the Automotive Opportunity at Ambarella Inc? | Business ...
Ambarella (NASDAQ: AMBA) CEO Fermi Wang and CFO George Laplante recently spoke at the 19th Annual Needham Growth Conference. During a ...and more »
- Detroit Free Press
Yanfeng Automotive Interiors to open offices in Novi
Detroit Free Press
Yanfeng Automotive Interiors, a China-based company, aims to open offices in Novi — consolidating workers from two other communities and bringing back to life a long-vacant building off of 12 Mile that was used by the Detroit Medical Center. The move ...
World's largest automotive interiors supplier moves headquarters to NoviThe Oakland Press
Yangfeng Automotive moves to Novi - HometownLifeHometownl
- More than a dozen automakers this week recalled another 652,000 vehicles with Takata airbag inflators in the U.S.
- Robot cars will be put through their paces by researchers and federal regulators at 10 test tracks designated by the U.S. as official sites for validating the technology.
- Global and China Automotive Seat Motor Industry Report, 2016-2020
LONDON, Jan. 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- An automotive seat motor is a power source for adjusting seat positions, including to-and-fro movement, up-and-down movement, reclining (backrest) angle adjustment and the electric adjustment regarding thigh ...
China Automotive Glass Industry Report, 2016-2020Satellite PR News (press release)all 3 news articles »
- Koons of Silver Spring has launched Total Confidence Pricing, which includes a 30-day guarantee on the price buyers paid for a new vehicle.
- Automotive Power Semi Market Keeps Soaring | EE Times
The global market for power semiconductors used in cars and light passenger vehicles will grow by more in $3 billion USD in the next six years, predicts market ...and more »
- After a bit of back-and-forth between the Ford F-150 and Chevrolet Silverado, in December, the F-150 reclaimed its spot as the winner of the Twitter engagement race among pickups in December, according to ListenFirst Media.
- 2017 Automotive Forecasts Unveiled During Detroit Auto Show Week
The National Law Review
It is “Auto Show” week in Detroit, as the city hosts the 2017 North American International Auto Show. This week includes press unveils of new and updated models, the latest mobility technologies at the AutoMobili-D pavilion, the charity preview ...and more »
84 will lose their jobs when Grand Rapids Sears store, automotive center close in March
KENTWOOD, MI -- The shuttering of the longtime Sears store and its adjacent automotive center at Woodland Mall will cost 84 people their jobs. The layoffs for six workers at the automotive center will begin March 19, and on March 26 for the 78 store ...and more »
- Billionaire investor Carl Icahn, after nearly a year of posturing with Federal-Mogul's shareholders, will take full ownership of the diversified auto parts supplier in a roughly $300 million deal.
- California sent a warning shot in a potential showdown with the incoming Trump administration, with the state's clean-air regulators digging in on mandates for an ever-greater number of electric and fuel-cell cars.
- IBM's Watson has struck again. The machine learning program, which has emerged as a popular tool for agencies and marketers, is powering a new highly targeted digital campaign for Toyota that uses an algorithm to generate ad scripts.
Call issued to white hat hackers—find the flaws in new automotive software updater
NYU Tandon Professor Justin Cappos (L) gives a brief background on security in cars. Co-panelist Sam Lauzon (R) is an automotive cybersecurity developer in University of Michigan's Transportation Research Institute's Engineering Systems Group.and more »
- The Sheboygan Press
Carlton Automotive rises from the ashes
The Sheboygan Press
OOSTBURG - Carlton Automotive has risen from the ashes of a fire a year ago to build a new state-of-the-art facility just off of Interstate 43. Just before 11:30 a.m. on Jan. 23, 2016, a leaky gas-tank in a car being worked on in the shop caught fire ...
- Panasonic aims to extend its partnership with electric car maker Tesla Motors beyond batteries and into self-driving technology, as the Japanese conglomerate continues to shift its focus to the automotive business.
- Takata's two remaining bidders plan to propose a court-mediated turnaround for the Japanese operations of the troubled airbag supplier, the Nikkei business daily reported.
- Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt, President-elect Donald Trump's choice to lead the EPA, said he will review the Obama administration's recent decision to lock in fuel efficiency rules.
- An employee at Mike Ward Maserati in Highlands Ranch, Colo., died in a car crash last weekend after he uploaded a Facebook Live video of himself accelerating from 0 to 111 mph in one of the store's cars.
- Forecasting firm LMC Automotive expects automakers will continue to invest in Mexico over the next four years despite tariff threats and social media shaming from President-elect Donald Trump.
- Tesla will manufacture the electric motors and gearboxes for the upcoming Model 3 at its Gigafactory in Nevada.
- Apple is facing a potential class-action lawsuit in California for declining to deploy technology that could prevent iPhone users from texting while driving.
- General Motors today said it will pay a $1 million fine to settle an investigation by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission related to its 2014 ignition-switch recalls.
Follow @Automotive_Nws on Twitter!