Poor transportation hampers growth of regional agriculture
Caribbean News Now (press release) (blog)
GEORGE TOWN, Cayman Islands -- Wastage of agricultural produce in the Caribbean will continue due to poor transportation a top official of the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO), said on Tuesday during the opening of the Agricultural Trade and ...
Cayman agriculture becoming force to be reckoned with - gov't ministerJamaica Gleaner
Guyanese manufacturing executive gives
Agriculture faces increased development in Cumberland County
CARLISLE, Pa. (WHTM) – Warrington Farm Meats received a grant from Cumberland County to grow their farm-to-table meat business, but we're finding out they're one of the lucky ones countywide. In the 70s, the Joneses of Warrington Farm Meats in ...
- Inside Science News Service
Could Nano-sized Minerals Make Agriculture More Productive?
Inside Science News Service
A new study suggests certain nanoparticles could help salt-stressed plants grow, but the overall picture remains complicated. canola-field_topNteaser.jpg. Image credits: Yuen Yiu, Staff Writer. Rights information: CC BY-SA 2.0 · Earth. Wednesday ...
Cranberry grower, former N.J. agriculture leader dead at 70
TABERNACLE TWP. — Geneva R. Moore, who previously led New Jersey's board of agriculture and cultivated South Jersey's staple cranberry crop, died last week as a result of cancer. Moore, a lifelong educator who spent 16 years on Tabernacle's board of ...
- Abnormal election year: What does it mean for agriculture?
Gilliland spoke at the Women in Agribusiness Summit in Chicago. He is a consultant to Akin Gump Strauss Hauer and Feld LLP, a law practice in Washington, D.C. He advises clients on international trade, which includes trade agreements, legislation and ...and more »
- Nebraska Farm Bureau Federation – PAC Names Halloran 'Friend of Agriculture'
Nebraska Farm Bureau Federation – PAC Names Halloran 'Friend of Agriculture' | KTIC Radio ...
- Closing Grain And Livestock Futures Prices and News Videos.
#SecureTheFuture of Agriculture with Farm Credit | AgWired
ffa-16-374-edited Farm Credit gave FFA members who attended the 89th National FFA Convention & Expo the opportunity to take a pledge and share how they ...and more »
- UWA plants seeds for sustainable agriculture
The Alabama Sustainable Agriculture Network is inviting small-scale farmers, gardeners, community leaders and good food advocates to share ideas at a Regional Food & Farm Forum Thursday, Dec. 1 at The University of West Alabama in Livingston.and more »
- Ventures Africa
Will agriculture better distribute wealth in the Niger Delta?
The first thought that comes to the mind of many Nigerians whenever Niger Delta is mentioned is either 'oil' or 'militancy', and sometimes both. For a very long time, conversations about the region have bordered on those two words. However, there has ...and more »
- Turkey, Iran to cooperate in agriculture to reach $30 billion trade volume
Turkey and Iran should build on their shared $100-billion agricultural output, a senior government minister said on Wednesday. Speaking at a joint news conference in Ankara alongside Iranian Agriculture Minister Mahmoud Hojjati, Turkey's Minister of ...and more »
- Hurt Report: Agriculture remains critically important
This past week, I had the privilege of joining the Pittsylvania County Farm Bureau for its annual meeting in Chatham. Each fall, local farm bureaus gather farmers across the Commonwealth and the country for fellowship and to discuss policies at the ...
Opinion: A commitment to strengthening Niger's agriculture sector
As the world wrestles with a response to the refugee crises unfolding in the Middle East and around the world, it is essential that sustainable development is a core component of our strategy. Right now there are more than 63 million displaced people ...
- Farmer’s co-op releases member equity information for new supply chain
- The federal government is overhauling Canada's healthy eating guidelines with a sweeping strategy that will include new rules for marketing and labelling certain foods aimed at children
- Cambridge – A chance meeting through a marketing project at Conestoga College has led to the development of a wearable monitoring device for horses – similar to the popular Fitbits used b
- Today as part of Agriculture Awareness month the Saskatchewan Stock Growers Association (SSGA) released a short video highlighting Miles and Sheri Anderson’s effort to protect the Greater Sage Grouse and 19 other species at risk that share their ranch near Fir Mountain.
- Disposing of non-nutrient agricultural waste responsibly needs to be a year-round effort.
- What does Alberta beef actually taste like? How would you describe it?
- First off today, we get an idea of where the cattle markets are and where they’re heading.
- Saskatchewan feeder cattle prices were down significantly on increased volumes during the past week.
- A motion introduced yesterday into the Saskatchewan legislature was geared at sending a clear message to Ottawa about Saskatchewan’s opposition to the national carbon tax.
- Employees at Mandako Agri in Plum Coulee are excited about a new product that was developed earlier this year.
- The Manitoba AG EX kicks off this morning in Brandon.
- Farmland property taxes are up this year for many producers in Manitoba.
- Fire crews say the blaze spread quickly and engulfed the barn
- Farmworker lawsuit over unionizing could reshape NY agriculture
North Country Public Radio
The battle lines are drawn over a lawsuit that could reshape agriculture in New York... Oct 26, 2016 — by David Sommerstein (Reporter/Asst. News Director) , in Canton, NY. About 40 farm workers and advocates marched to the front gates of Marks Farm, ...and more »
- Herald & Review
Permanent Case IH building creates Progress City opportunties
Herald & Review
Workers make sure the posts are in place Tuesday for a new CaseIH pole barn building being constructed at Progress City for the Farm Progress Show. The permanent 5,500-square foot building will be used for enhanced displays and presentations.
- Why ignoring non-seasonal farm workers is a danger to agriculture ...
EconoTimes is a fast growing non-partisan source of news and intelligence on global economy and financial markets, providing timely, relevant, and critical ...and more »
- Uganda: Agriculture Grows but Tax Contribution Remains Low
While the agricultural and services sectors have grown over the years, their contribution of tax revenue to the national treasury has remained dismally low, a study has found. Researchers Joseph Mawejje and Ezra Munyambonera at the Economic Policy ...
- There are 480 industrial hog farms within the 819 square miles of Duplin County, so it’s unsurprising that bacteria malingers in that environment.
- Soybean producers had a hit-or-miss growing season this year as the timing of arid conditions and rain factored heavily into yields, according to Texas A&M AgriLife experts.
- USDA Rural Development’s Rural Energy for America Program, commonly referred to as ‘REAP’, provides financial resources for rural agricultural producers
- The election's impact on Nebraska's agriculture industry
LINCOLN, Neb. -- It's a controversial trade deal that could bring in hundreds of millions of dollars to Nebraska. The Nebraska Farm Bureau says the Trans-Pacific Partnership, or TPP, would create more exporting opportunities for Nebraska Farmers and ...
USDA Invests Over $300 Million To Help Hundreds Of Small Businesses Improve Energy Efficiency, Adopt Renewable Energy SystemsAgriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack today announced that the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) is investing more than $300 million to help hundreds of small businesses across the country save money on their energy costs by adopting renewable sources or implementing more efficient energy options.
- Georgia Farm Bureau Foundation for agriculture offers $60500 in scholarships
The Georgia Farm Bureau (GFB) Foundation for Agriculture is offering up to $60,500 in scholarships to Georgia students pursuing a degree related to agriculture, veterinary medicine, family and consumer sciences or a related field, Newton County Farm ...and more »
- State agriculture officials warn of tainted rabbit feed | The Salt Lake ...
Salt Lake Tribune
If you bought the “Commercial Rabbit” brand of feed, the Utah Department of Agriculture and Food says immediately stop giving it to your bunnies. And if you ...and more »
- State agriculture officials warn of tainted rabbit feed
Salt Lake Tribune
If you bought the "Commercial Rabbit" brand of feed, the Utah Department of Agriculture and Food says immediately stop giving it to your bunnies. And if you raise the hares as a supplementary food source, it is best not to eat them, if they've recently ...and more »
"Crunch time" for kids highlights Montana agriculture
The annual state-wide event was held to celebrate "Farm to School" month and National Food Day. The "crunch time" event is sponsored on by the Montana Office of Public Instruction and the Montana Department of Agriculture. Montana "Farm to School" ...and more »
- Interview: Albanian agriculture changes into engine of economic growth: minister
TIRANA, Oct. 25 (Xinhua) -- The agricultural sector has turned into the engine of Albania's economic growth, Albanian minister of agriculture, rural development and waters administration, Edmond Panariti, told Xinhua on Tuesday. According to Panariti ...
- Unsoundness and other frailties of old age often call for horses to be relieved of day-to-day performance requirements, but regular exercise remains important for older horses.
- Best trimming and shoeing practices to ensure your horse stays sound while traveling the trails
- Whether your region's winter weather consists of cooler temperatures and occasional rains, or if it guarantees months of frigid winds and endless snowfall, you can take steps to make the season more manageable.
- The horse has a complicated digestive system. It has a relatively small stomach, about the size of the football.
- Iowa farmers help an injured friend harvest his corn
- Family relocates from Ontario to New Brunswick to embrace farming lifestyle
- Government of Alberta investing $10 million into agriculture and carbon reduction
Win 2 Tickets to attend the 2016 Canadian Agriculture Hall of Fame Ceremony at the Royal Winter Fair!Contest to win 2 tickets to the Ag Hall of Fame
Pork export volume was strong during the month of August. Pork Checkoff trade committee chair Bill Luckey offers insight into the pork export storySpeaker: Bill Luckey, Nebraska Pork Producer and Chair of National Pork Boards Trade
- IoT projects focused on agriculture take root in Brazil
RCR Wireless News
SÃO PAULO – The “internet of things” is still taking shape in Brazil, though some pilot projects are being conducted in the country. At Futurecom 2016, companies showcased some IoT applications of connecting sensors to improve management in agriculture ...and more »
Follow @AgricultureUSA on Twitter!