Bridging art and agriculture: Community garden grows in Sylvester
The garden has been on West Paulk Street for just under a year and it's teaching some valuable lessons. Sam X, along with his wife Eda Garcia, spearheaded the idea for the garden. He's a professional artist by trade, but he has a green thumb gift that ...
- Budget cuts threaten future agriculture
Rural Mississippi is in trouble and the purveyors of these dangerous times are the current state leadership. That was the message Sen. Russell Jolly delivered at the quarterly Soil and Water Conservation District meeting in Calhoun City Monday night.
- Dairy Herd Management
Trump Signs Executive Order for Agriculture
Dairy Herd Management
President Donald Trump has signed more than 30 executive orders during his first 100 days, and he hasn't forgotten to get the agriculture industry and rural America involved. Earlier Tuesday, Trump signed the executive order, titled Promoting ...
Fischer Welcomes Executive Order for Agriculture & Rural AmericaKTICall 10 news articles »
- Agriculture Will Help Nigeria Tackle Unemployment – Governor Wike
Africa Independent Television
The Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike, has stated that investments in agriculture would help the nation tackle youth unemployment. Speaking during a courtesy visit by the Minister of Agriculture, Audu Ogbeh and Minister of State for Agriculture ...
From the Ground Up - “Should the US Support Production Agriculture?"
As work continues on the upcoming 2018 Farm Bill opponents to any government support of agriculture are lining up their experts for the debate. Proponents of support believe that having affordable food and our country's ability to feed itself is a ...
- Buffalo News
Elba farmer, Collins take concerns about agriculture issues to Trump
Elba farmer, Collins take concerns about agriculture issues to Trump - The Buffalo News ...
- Inside INdiana Business
The Growth of IoT in Agriculture
Inside INdiana Business
One of the oldest human trades is farming. Since the dawn of civilization, a need for regular, stable food production has been a staple of society. Today, agriculture is responsible for over $130 billion of our gross GDP in America. As the Internet of ...and more »
- Southold Tries to Define Agriculture
East End Beacon
Southold Town is known for its expansive farmland, but its town code has been silent for years on many modern agricultural practices. This Tuesday, April 25, the town adopted 13 definitions of modern agricultural practices, with plans afterward to ...and more »
- Twin Falls Times-News
Community Supported Agriculture: Is it for you?
Twin Falls Times-News
Owner Kirk Tubbs plants brassicas Friday at Tubbs' Berry Farm in Twin Falls. Brassicas are a classification of vegetables. In this spot Tubbs was planting broccoli. Community Supported Agriculture. Buy Now. PAT SUTPHIN, TIMES-NEWS. Owner Kirk Tubbs ...
Town of New Market starts new agriculture program with local
FREDERICK, Md. - For people who want fresh local produce, but don't have the time to drive to the farm, well a local farmer in Frederick, Maryland has teamed up with the town of New Market to provide the freshest of foods. It's fresh from the farm ...
- Capital Public Radio News
Bill Aims To Give Minority Farmers A Greater Say In Agriculture Policy
Capital Public Radio News
A bill unanimously approved by the Assembly Agricultural Committee Wednesday could significantly alter the way the California Department of Food and Agriculture works with farmers of color. The Farmer Equity Act would support minority farmers by adding ...and more »
Agriculture groups sound alarm over potential NAFTA withdrawal ... - World Trade Online (subscription)Agriculture groups sound alarm over potential NAFTA withdrawal ...
World Trade Online (subscription)
The agriculture industry is livid that the Trump administration is considering an executive order setting in motion the U.S. withdrawal from NAFTA, voicing ...and more »
- Carmack, Seymour receive Honorary State FFA Degrees
The Daily Star-Journal
Columbia — Glenda Carmack of Warrensburg and Bonnie Seymour of Knob Noster received Honorary State FFA degrees at the 89th Missouri FFA Convention. Carmack is an office professional for the biology and agriculture department at the University of ...
Missouri State University agriculture students help with wildfire relief
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. Agriculture students at Missouri State University are heading west to help their neighbors in need. They're going to help victims of last month's wildfires that devastated part of Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas. Homes, livestock and entire ...
- Significant Women in Agriculture: Wann farmer helps feed the world
“I get to feed everybody,” Pam Snelson said on a recent weekday from the office of Snelson Farms near Wann, just south of the Kansas line. She just finished preparing lunch for seven hungry men before spending time in the farm office catching up on ...
Opinion: US agriculture exports could lose big if Nafta gets dumped
Among other threats targeting Mexico during his election campaign, President Donald Trump harshly criticized the North American Free Trade Agreement, a 23-year-old tripartite deal that removed tariffs and significantly increased commerce between Canada ...
Republicans tell Trump to hold up on NAFTA withdrawalPoliticoall 626 news articles »
Iowa agriculture secretary Northey pushes ethanol in meeting with Trump - The Gazette: Eastern Iowa Breaking News and HeadlinesThe Gazette: Eastern Iowa Breaking News and Headlines
Iowa agriculture secretary Northey pushes ethanol in meeting with Trump
The Gazette: Eastern Iowa Breaking News and Headlines
Iowa Secretary of Agriculture Bill Northey asks a question before a tour at Wapsie Valley Creamery in Independence on Tuesday, Jan. 17, 2017. (Stephen Mally/The Gazette). James Q. Lynch. The Gazette. More stories from James. Apr 26, 2017 at 12:21 pm ...and more »
Partners in Agriculture plans new facility, continues fight against hunger in Haiti - Greenville JournalGreenville Journal
Partners in Agriculture plans new facility, continues fight against hunger in Haiti
For 18 years, Greenville's Gillaine and Charles Warne have grown food and taught sustainable agriculture in Haiti to eliminate malnutrition. Now they're feeding thousands with three farms, a family security program, and a vocational school. In 1999 ...
- The National Corn Growers Association today denounced reports that the White House has drafted plans to withdraw from the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). The following is a statement from NCGA President Wesley Spurlock.
- President Trump signed new executive order during a Farmers Roundtable discussion
- About 17 percent of the U.S. corn crop has been planted, according to the USDA
- Rise and Shine: Women in Agriculture Conference
Jefferson City News Tribune
Steve Engelbrecht, originally from Latham, speaks on the topic of "Trash or Treasure." He now lives in Oklahoma. Photo by David Wilson /News Tribune. "Rise and Shine" was the theme of the 13th annual Mid-Mo Women in Agriculture Conference, which ...
- Today, as part of National Volunteer Week, 4-H Canada is pleased to recognize and honour a number of exceptional 4-H volunteer leaders – including the recipient of the 2016 4-H Canada National Volunteer Leader of the Year Award.
- This year marks the 40th edition of Canada's Farm Progress Show, presented by Viterra, which is taking place June 21-23, 2017, at Evraz Place in Regina.
- The federal government invests over $5 million into a green labour initiative
- The federal government has announced 20 research projects meant to help in the development and use of clean and sustainable agricultural technologies and practices.
- As we know, many producers will have to deal with the 2016 crop before they can turn their attention to seeding this year’s crop.
AGCO Congratulates Former Georgia Governor Sonny Perdue on Appointment as the United States Secretary of AgricultureAGCO, a worldwide manufacturer and distributor of agricultural equipment and solutions, congratulates the Honorable Sonny Perdue on his recent appointment as the United States Secretary of Agriculture.
- Saskatchewan farmers will soon enjoy a 24-percent drop in federal grain inspection fees. And one farm leader calls it a good first step
- Conservative Trade Critic Gerry Ritz has been travelling the Prairies talking to agricultural producers about the challenges they're facing.
- Henervic Farms in the Kleefeld/Randolph area reports its winter wheat crop did not survive. Spokesperson Ed Peters says it's only the second time in the last 20-25 years that their winter wheat did not make it through the cold weather of winter and spring. He adds it's a shame because it looked so good last fall.
- Federal Ag Minister Lawrence MacAulay has announced a two-year investment of up to $5.2 million for the Agricultural Youth Green Jobs Initiative.
- Farm Bureau News
Agriculture's Time to Shine
Farm Bureau News
This is an exciting week! Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue was sworn into office on Tuesday. Agriculture finally has a new leader, and I know he is ready to go to work on reducing farmers' regulatory burden and helping those struggling with depressed ...
Meet Your New Secretary Of Agriculture, AmericaThe Federalist
Troxler joins Trump as president signs order to rethink agriculture policyNorth State Journal (subscription)
- A researcher with the Prairie Swine Centre says the use of enzymes or various processing methods can allow pork producers to capture the benefits of increasing levels of fibre in swine diets while mitigating the negative effects.
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Minister, Lawrence MacAulay, announced today a two-year investment of up to $5.2 million for the Agricultural Youth Green Jobs Initiative to attract young Canadians to green jobs within the agriculture and agri-food sector
- Guelph, Ontario-based Rootham Gourmet Preserves has a long history of sourcing locally grown fruits and vegetables and partnering with local farms and businesses.
- San Francisco Examiner
SF recommits to urban agriculture during housing crisis
San Francisco Examiner
With the closure of Little City Gardens last year, Supervisor Hillary Ronen introduced a resolution recommitting The City to agriculture. (Michael Ares/2015 Special to S.F. Examiner). By Joshua Sabatini on April 26, 2017 1:00 am. Facebook · twitter ...
- BASF to strengthen digital farming offer with acquisition of ZedX Inc.
New Trump Executive Order Seeks To Boost Agriculture And Rural ...
Farming is increasingly high tech, and liberalizing agriculture means getting rid of outdated regulations and subsidies. Here are some focus areas for Trump's ...and more »
- Wilson Post
Watertown's Harrison named to TN Dept. of Agriculture post
With more than 30 years of experience promoting and leading in agriculture, Wilson County native Keith Harrison will take on the role of assistant commissioner for the consumer and industry services division at the Tennessee Department of Agriculture.
- Producers encouraged to provide input on how to use surplus
- Team Alberta will meet with the province’s agriculture minister and representatives from the Agriculture Financial Services Corporation (AFSC) this Wednesday to request immediate action regarding approximately one million unharvested acres still sitting in farmers’ fields throughout the province.
- This spring is busier than usual for some farmers as they try to finish up on last year’s harvest.
- Spring is going to be busier than usual for some farmers- there’s still a lot of crop left to come off from last year’s harvest.
- AGCO Corporation, a worldwide manufacturer and distributor of agricultural equipment and solutions, mourns the passing of founder and former President, Chairman and CEO Robert J. Ratliff.
- Gemini Dual Pump Kit from Ace Pumps gives farmers more control over sprayers and planters
- Sonny Perdue says there’s no more noble calling than food
- Stats Can says Saskatchewan farmers intend to seed a record acreage to canola and soybeans this spring.
- The Soil Conservation Council of Canada is highlighting the environmental benefits from good soil health.
- The president of APAS says this week’s snow is not welcome in rural Saskatchewan.
Follow @AgricultureUSA on Twitter!