- While there has been considerable uncertainty regarding market access to India for a few weeks, we have been advised this week that the Government of India plans not to extend the current fumigation derogation for Canadian pulses past March 31, 2017.
Agriculture Transport Coalition asks Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao for help with International Longshoremenâ€™s AssociationInternational Longshoremen’s Association planning to shut down multiple ports
- On yesterday’s program, we heard some of the number when it comes to greenfeed and silage production in 2016.
Manitoba Government Launches Online Survey Seeking Input On Legislative Changes To Funding Model Of Keystone Agricultural ProducersThe Manitoba government is seeking feedback about potential changes to the funding model of Keystone Agricultural Producers (KAP) and is asking farmers and other stakeholders to complete an online survey to share their views, Agriculture Minister Ralph Eichler announced today.
- Federal Agriculture and Agri-Food Minister Lawrence MacAulay and Saskatchewan Agriculture Minister Lyle Stewart announced details of the 2017 Crop Insurance Program.
- A spokesman for the Federal Agriculture Minister has confirmed that the Indian government has not granted another six-month exemption that would see peas and lentils fumigated on arrival.
- Despite some challenging growing conditions, over three million acres of canola was harvested in Manitoba in 2016, with average yields of about 41 bushels per acre.
- Taking care of the soil is one of the most important things a farmer can do to ensure his or her operation is successful.
- Insurance compensation estimated to be around $650 million
U.S farm groups write letter to Trump asking the president to support the establishment of an Under Secretary for Trade and Foreign Agricultural AffairsLetter to Trump asks for his support in establishment of Under Secretary within the USDA
- A new report highlights the positive growth of southwestern Ontario’s land values
- Russell Agricultural Society representative and past Board Member from District 1, Judy McFaul, was installed as the Ontario Association of Agricultural Societies (OAAS) President for a one-year term at the annual Convention in Toronto February 16 to 18, 2017.
- Maple Leaf Foods Inc. (TSX: MFI) (the “Company”) announced today that it has made further governance enhancements through an amended Governance Agreement with McCain Capital Inc.
- The Director of Risk Management with h@ms Marketing Services blames uncertainty over trade for this week's dramatic drop in lean hog futures. This week has seen considerable volatility within the hog market.
- A scientist with the University of Saskatchewan suggests, as the livestock industry's reliance on antibiotics diminishes, the role of the microbiome in maintaining health will expand.
- There have been a lot of questions about trade since the U.S. election.
- 10 tips to help farmers be prepared for tax season
- A semiautonomous robot may soon be roaming agricultural fields gathering and transmitting real-time data about the growth and development of crops, information that crop breeders – and eventually farmers – can use to identify the genetic traits in plants likely to produce the greatest yields.
- After two months of unusually warm conditions throughout Indiana, state climatologists based at Purdue University believe temperatures will slowly return to seasonal norms over the next month, which is good news for fruit growers and home gardeners concerned that their plants might be emerging too quickly.
- Growing rice on fields that are alternating wet and dry is gaining popularity across Mississippi as producers learn they can effectively control weeds under this nontraditional system.
Farmers hoping for strong support on Community Supported Agriculture Day
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. -- Dave Redfearn spends his days working to keep food on the tables of dozens on families in the greater Kansas City area. He, and many other local farmers, would not be able to do that without the help of Community Supported ...
- World Bank Group
New Evidence Overturns Traditional Approaches to Agriculture Investment
World Bank Group
The World Bank, along with many partners, is conducting over 30 randomized control trials to generate new evidence on how to catalyze rural transformation. The majority of the world's poor live in rural areas, with 70 percent of the rural poor working ...
- Resolution celebrating agriculture advances
The Advertiser News South
The Assembly Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee today unanimously advanced a joint resolution sponsored by Assemblymen Ron Dancer and Parker Space designating the first full day of spring each year as New Jersey Agriculture Day.and more »
Virginia State University plans urban agriculture course
The College of Agriculture program will include classroom work and hands-on lab and field work at VSU's Randolph Farm, 4415 River Road near Petersburg. Classes will be held Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. from March 11 to May 13. Students must also ...and more »
- Precision agriculture professionals will find advice and immediate ...
Waukesha, WI – The upcoming ASCEND Conference & Expo will deliver practical information about using drones to improve processes in precision agriculture.and more »
Precision agriculture professionals will find advice and immediate applications for using drones in their work at ... - Farm ForumPrecision agriculture professionals will find advice and immediate applications for using drones in their work at ...
Waukesha, WI – The upcoming ASCEND Conference & Expo will deliver practical information about using drones to improve processes in precision agriculture. ASCEND will be held at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland, Ore., July 19-21, 2017.and more »
- Idaho Agriculture Growth Above National Rates | Local News | kpvi ...
KPVI News 6
A recent study from the University of Idaho shows that Idaho agriculture is growing at a faster pace than U.S. agriculture overall.and more »
- KPVI News 6
Idaho Agriculture Growth Above National Rates
KPVI News 6
An economics professor at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln said that under the income-based method, the biggest valuation differences would be in land close to cities, while agricultural areas would see little change. prev. next. A recent study from ...and more »
- Rivard Report
Texas Agriculture Commisioner: 'Meatless Mondays are Stupid, Not Healthy'
Texas Department of Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller talks about his goals for school lunch programs. Updated 3 hours ago. At an event designed to promote getting more local produce into school cafeterias, Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller ...
- Steamboat Pilot & Today
Community Agriculture Alliance: Land Link program unites ag producers
Steamboat Pilot & Today
Colorado Land Link is a program that matches farmers and ranchers seeking land opportunities with landowners who are open to transitioning their land. Ideal for absentee landowners, non-ag producing landowners or potential retirees, Land Link creates a ...and more »
- Capital Press
Five Idahoans receive awards for excellence in agriculture
Governor's awards for excellence in agriculture were given to five people during the annual Larry Branen Idaho Ag Summit. Sean Ellis. Capital Press. Published on February 23, 2017 10:33AM. Idaho Gov. Butch Otter, right, presents an award for excellence ...
Consumer Qs: Recall information available from Department of Agriculture
With its attractive flowers and uniquely-shaped leaves, the tulip tree, also called tulip poplar and by other names, is one of the best-known trees in America. It is valued for its beauty as well as its lumber and is the state tree of Tennessee ...
- NBC Nebraska
Senate Agriculture Committee heads gear up for first farm bill field ...
Lawmakers are cooking up a new farm bill. The wide ranging agriculture legislation is crucial for farmers across the United States, so senators in charge of ...
K-State hosts US Senate Agriculture Committee hearing on farm billWIBWall 15 news articles »
- NBC Nebraska
Senate Agriculture Committee heads gear up for first farm bill field hearing
WASHINGTON (Gray DC) - Lawmakers are cooking up a new farm bill. The wide ranging agriculture legislation is crucial for farmers across the United States, so senators in charge of crafting the bill are headed out into the field.
K-State hosts US Senate Agriculture Committee hearing on farm billWIBWall 14 news articles »
Make America Great Again with Agriculture Exports
Agricultural trade has taken a backseat as the Trump administration signed a memorandum to drop out of the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) and made plans to renegotiate the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). A panel hosted by the ...and more »
- Mexico News Daily
Agriculture program spending questioned
Mexico News Daily
For the fifth year in a row the Federal Auditor's Office (ASF) has warned about the possible embezzlement of public funds — more than 1.6 billion pesos, or US $80 million — by the federal Agriculture Secretariat (Sagarpa). ADVERTISEMENT. An audit of ...
This Rooftop Farm Could Be the Future of Agriculture
It's an unlikely spot for agriculture, but that's the point: The startup Edenworks is taking the farm out of the field, aiming to produce more local, fresh and sustainable food. In Bushwick, they're growing microgreens for local grocery stores ...
- Sturgeon County bylaw could limit agribusiness operating hours
- NAFTA is vital to agriculture in Missouri and Kansas
High Plains Journal
How important is the North American Free Trade Agreement to the agricultural industries in Missouri and Kansas? Chris Chinn, director of the Missouri Department of Agriculture, said the state exported $928 million worth of agricultural products to ...
- Both fires resulted in total losses of barns and equipment
Community Supported Agriculture Expo 2017 - Story
CSA is a method of doing business. Generally, farms are the businesses operating CSAs and in doing so offer fresh food products through annual subscriptions, ...and more »
Agriculture Supports New Funding Source for ADRDL
The agricultural industry is supporting a new funding mechanism for the Animal Disease Research and Diagnostic Lab at SDSU. Yesterday the South Dakota House State Affairs Committee approved a bill that would use money from the property tax relief fund ...
- New nuclear technology may protect farmer’s crops from pests
- Alberta Agriculture has a number of useful tools available on its website.
- With thousands of acres of farmland to be managed across the province, education on 4R Nutrient Stewardship (Right Source @ Right Rate, Right Time, Right Place®) for nutrient management will be critical for continued agricultural sustainability in New Brunswick.
- The federal government has approved the sale of ground beef that has been treated with radiant energy similar to X-rays.
- Beef farmers recognized for pasture management and environmental stewardship
- The Honourable Lawrence MacAulay, Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food was at the Canadian Federation of Agriculture Annual Meeting in Ottawa, Ontario, today where he highlighted ?his upcoming trade mission to Vietnam and India from February 26 to March 10, 2017.
- By using some poetic license on Dickens famous line: “ It could be the best of times, it could be the worst of times,” you come up with the overall theme of the Alberta Canola event: Leading Edge Farm Management Conference recently held in Red Deer.
- The General Manager of Manitoba Pork reports the province's pork industry is seeing the first signs of a rebound in the number of hogs available for processing.
Follow @AgricultureUSA on Twitter!