Agriculture Secretary: Trump Can't Make America Fat Again
Donald Trump eats a pork chop at the Iowa State Fair during the campaign. Photo: REUTERS/Jim Young. 5370075. President-elect Donald Trump won't be able to undo eight years of food regulations the current administration put in place to make America ...and more »
- Buffalo News
Farmers & Artisans offers WNY agriculture for holiday tables
“My whole philosophy for the holidays is eat and enjoy everything in moderation, and go for lots of family walks.” Farmers & Artisans owner Julie Blackman at her shop in Snyder. (Photos by Mark Mulville/Buffalo News). By Scott Scanlon. Published 10:47 ...
- Traverse City Record Eagle
AGRICULTURE FORUM: Affordable housing not just a downtown problem
Traverse City Record Eagle
Consider the range of challenges to agriculture in our region. Invasive pest management? Sure. The daunting ripple effects of climate change? Certainly. But what about the lack of affordable housing for the people who make our regional food system tick?and more »
- The Hill (blog)
How agriculture subsidies are hurting farmers, taxpayers | TheHill
The Hill (blog)
OPINION | If Congress wants to help agriculture, the best thing it can do is free farmers from government interference.
- WJXT Jacksonville
Dying on the vine? Florida's shriveling agriculture industry can't ...
DADE CITY — Painted scenes of lush, rolling hills with cattle, orange groves and hay fields cover the walls of the Black Eyed Pea restaurant along Pasco ...
Citrus Crop Forecast has No ChangesAgNet Westall 6 news articles »
McAuliffe announces Agriculture and Forestry Industries Development Planning Grants - Augusta Free PressAugusta Free Press
McAuliffe announces Agriculture and Forestry Industries Development Planning Grants
Augusta Free Press
terry mcauliffe Governor Terry McAuliffe announced the award of three planning grants from the Governor's Agriculture and Forestry Industries Development (AFID) Fund. The Commonwealth awarded a total of $64,000 to projects by Floyd County and the ...
- North Country assemblywoman to attend agriculture summit
North Country Now
Assemblywoman Addie J. Russell, D-Theresa, says she plans to attend an agriculture summit on Friday in Lansdowne, Ont., to get an understanding of agriculture issues and agricultural tourism opportunities north of the border. The Economic Development ...
17 Agriculture Apps That Will Help You Farm Smarter In 2017
PotashCorp's eKonomics program, an online agricultural resource dedicated to helping farmers maximize their yields and profits, has released an updated version of its valuable return-on-investment (ROI) calculator. The latest calculator model ...
- Women Move Up The Ranks Of Arizona's Agriculture Industry
Farmer Janna Anderson says she grows a heritage variety of wheat because so few other growers offer the same variety. Women are moving up the ranks in Arizona's farming operations. These days more women nationwide are identifying as a primary ...
- Africa Science News Service
Renewed Push to Boost Agriculture Investments in Kenya
Africa Science News Service
The Kenyan Government launched a critical phase of its ambitious agriculture development strategy yesterday as influential public and private sector partners joined senior officials from the African Union Commission (AUC) and major development partners ...and more »
- RC teacher honored by agriculture educators
Rapid City Journal
LAS VEGAS | Lisa Steinken, agricultural educator at Rapid City Central High School, was among six individuals nationwide who received the National Association of Agricultural Educators Ideas Unlimited Award at the NAAE annual convention on Dec. 3.and more »
- CBS News
Democrat Heidi Heitkamp in the running for agriculture, energy ...
Several transition sources say Sen. Heidi Heitkamp, D-North Dakota, is in the running for agriculture and energy secretary, but has recently been considered ...and more »
- The State
Clemson: Strong dollar a threat to SC agriculture industry | The State
South Carolina's agriculture industry could be pinched by an uptick in the value of the U.S. dollar, Clemson University agricultural economists said Thursday.and more »
How Donald Trump's EPA and China Picks Will Benefit Big Agriculture
This story originally appeared on Mother Jones and is reproduced here as part of the Climate Desk collaboration. During the campaign, President-elect Donald Trump's agriculture advisers had a tough row to hoe: They had to assure farm-state Republicans ...
Trump Picks Iowa Governor Branstad as China AmbassadorBloombergall 789 news articles »
- Troy Record
Farm Bureau member honored with agriculture award
Assemblywoman Carrie Woerner, D-Round Lake, state American Farmland Trust Director David Haight and his wife, Suzanne Balet-Haight of Saratoga Springs, left to right, were among the more than 300 people at New York Farm Bureau's annual meeting ...and more »
McAuliffe announces agriculture and forestry industries develop planning grants
RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Governor Terry McAuliffe announced the awarding of three grants to projects by Floyd County and the New River Valley Regional Commission to support growth of agricultural and forestry industries in Virginia. The money for the ...and more »
- Andrew & Jennifer Lovell of Keswick Ridge, NB and Dominic Drapeau & Célia Neault of Ste-Françoise-de-Lotbinière, QC have been named Canada’s Outstanding Young Farmers for 2016.
- Farm Bureau News
WIIN Act a Win for Agriculture - American Farm Bureau Federation
Farm Bureau News
The Water Infrastructure for the Nation Act being considered by Congress this week includes many benefits for agriculture. Micheal Clements reports.and more »
- Spotlight on Economics: What is big data in the context of agriculture?
Farm and Ranch Guide
In recent years, there has been much buzz around the term "big data," and most of the time, the term has been used loosely in the media. The increase in.and more »
- USDA honored by World Food Prize Foundation for contributions to agriculture
- CFIA says it continues to communicate with producers impacted by bovine TB
- Kuhn is proud to introduce new additions to the proven GMD lineup of disc mowers.
- Kuhn, the world leader in disc mowers, is pleased to introduce the new GMD 5251 TC. This trailed, center-pivot machine has been carefully designed to give operators a quick return on investment by increasing productivity and simplifying maintenance.
- To help producers prepare a more agronomically sound seedbed ahead of the planter in often short time windows, John Deere introduces two new tillage tools.
- To enhance the farm equipment operator’s ability to better monitor and control a wide variety of machine functions and field operations, John Deere introduces two new solutions for 2017.
Statement by Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack on House Agriculture Committee Report on SNAP - USDA.gov (press release)Statement by Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack on House Agriculture Committee Report on SNAP
USDA.gov (press release)
"After holding 16 hearings on SNAP over the past two years, the House Agriculture Committee reached a simple conclusion: SNAP provides a critical nutrition safety net for millions of low-income Americans, and we need to do all we can to protect and ...and more »
- Ontario soybean producers saw a little bit of everything in 2016
- Premier Kathleen Wynne announced the winners of the 10th annual Premier's Awards for Agri-Food Innovation Excellence today -- Ontario's highest honour for outstanding contributions in innovation to the agri-food sector.
- New research suggests that a lack of domestic workers could significantly impede the growth of Canada’s grain and oilseed industry.
- Canada Pork International expects Argentina to become a key part of Canadian pork exports to South America.
- 32 hog carcasses from across Manitoba will be entered in the 2016 Pork Quality Competition which will be held in conjunction with Prairie Livestock Expo next week in Winnipeg.
Has the adoption of genetically engineered (GE) crops resulted in more herbicide resistant weeds in Ontario?The increased acreage of genetically engineered (GE) crops planted in Ontario has not led to an increase in herbicide resistant weeds according to results from the University of Guelph’s testing laboratory.
- Are you looking to add or extend your on-farm store enterprise, and looking for ideas?
- Two popular programs offered through Growing Forward 2 are now accepting applications.
- At the end of November Statistics Canada released its 2016 third quarter (January to September) farm cash receipts (FCR) estimates, as well as finalized 2015 farm income estimates for Canada and the provinces.
- The Saskatchewan Irrigation Conference opened yesterday in Moose Jaw.
- The Foraging Into The Future Conference opens today in Swift Current.
- The Manitoba Beef and Forage Initiative will be receiving fabric-covered buildings at a pair of research farms near Brandon thanks to Winkler Canvas.
- AgriLife Today
Big data is coming to agriculture
BRYAN – Unmanned aerial vehicles, autonomous tractors and other technologies will continue to emerge as producers meet world food needs in the near and distant future, according to experts. Those experts believe technology will continue to emerge and ...
- Seeing more benefit to working collaboratively than apart, a diverse group of partners from the agriculture industry and conservation organizations have created a plan toward a sustainable future for Canada’s agri-environmental landscape.
- Dairy Quality Inc. is honoured to win the province of Ontario’s top agricultural innovation award for its mobile, microscopy, milk testing, technology and dairy herd health devices.
Nevada County 4-H Food and Agriculture Project – Come join the fun
img_20161204_154309 December 7, 2016 – Does your child love food, watching cooking shows, and learning about how food grows? Then the Nevada County 4-H Food and Agriculture Project is the perfect place for them to learn more about what they are ...
- Fox Business
Monsanto Stock History: The Story Behind the Agriculture Giant
Agriculture has existed for millennia, and advances in agricultural practices and technology have helped feed an exploding population. Monsanto (NYSE: MON) has been around since the beginning of the 20th century, but its shift toward focusing largely ...and more »
- Kuhn, the innovator in disc mowers for over 50 years, is excited to announce the new GMD 11 Series mounted disc mowers.
Value Addition Vital to Industrialize African Agriculture
A study by Namalguebzanga Christian Kafando, one of the paper presenters and discussants at the ongoing 11th African Economic Conference in Abuja has shown that there is a significant link between agriculture and manufacturing in Africa. The study ...
AfDB plans $24b investment in agriculture in 20 yearsNaija247news
AfDB to invest $24bn in agriculture— AdesinaVanguard
Industrializing agriculture will
- Some horse owners affected by wildfires could receive hay bales
First Industrial Hemp Seeds Certified by Colorado Department of Agriculture
Get the most out of your experience with a personalized all-access pass to everything local on events, music, restaurants, news and more. Enter your email or sign up with a social account to get started. FACEBOOK TWITTER GOOGLE+ YAHOO!and more »
Agriculture Minister ToluĹˇiÄ‡ Visits Vindija: Strict Safety and Quality Controls for Chicken from Farm to Table - Total Croatia NewsTotal Croatia News
Agriculture Minister Tolušić Visits Vindija: Strict Safety and Quality Controls for Chicken from Farm to Table
Total Croatia News
The company applies highest health and sanitary standards in all aspects of production of high-quality chicken meat. Representatives of Vindija, the largest Croatian food company, met with Agriculture Minister Tomislav Tolušić in Varaždin. Accompanied ...and more »
- Indiana's Bicentennial: Changes in agriculture
President James Madison signed the act admitting Indiana as the 19th state of the Union on Dec. 11, 1816. We have been celebrating our bicentennial this year, with many events and celebrations throughout the state. Before the year is out, let's look ...
Interview with Sonny Ramaswamy, Director, National Institute of Food and Agriculture - NIFA (press release)Interview with Sonny Ramaswamy, Director, National Institute of Food and Agriculture
NIFA (press release)
Learn about the rich history of USDA's National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) from NIFA Director, Sonny Ramaswamy. NIFA's unique mission is to advance knowledge for agriculture, the environment, human health and well-being, and communities ...
Follow @AgricultureUSA on Twitter!