Facility takes Seymour agriculture education to new level
In an earlier time, a farming community would come together to help a neighbor put up a new barn. Timber by timber, the people would erect the new structure by hand to support a local farmer in need. Seymour Community School Corp. is currently ...
- Global food productivity lecture opens minds to sustainable agriculture
Many people have heard the term “sustainable agriculture,” but they may not know what it entails and how it affects the global economy. At a Chuck and Sue Rice International Agronomy Lecture at Kansas State on Monday, Achim Dobermann, director and ...
Agriculture community knew it was coming, but disappointed in President's withdraw from TPP - LubbockOnline.com9news.com.au
Agriculture community knew it was coming, but disappointed in President's withdraw from TPP
Foreign trade is key for U.S. agriculture, and some experts are calling the new president's decision to withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade pact on Monday a lost opportunity. And tinkering with the TPP and the North American Free Trade ...
Trump leaves TPP; some agriculture groups upsetTri-State Livestock News
What The White House Will Do For Agriculture
- Trump leaves TPP; some agriculture groups upset
Tri-State Livestock News
President Donald Trump signed an executive order today to withdraw from the Trans Pacific Partnership agreement and says he intends to begin renegotiating the North American Free Trade Agreement with Canada and Mexico. Trump has scheduled a ...and more »
Windmill Country: Agriculture secretary nominee praised
The nomination of former Georgia Gov. Sonny Perdue as the next USDA secretary of agriculture is drawing high praise from the agriculture community. “Agriculture is the backbone of our nation. However, America's farmers and ranchers are facing difficult ...and more »
Agriculture facility in the works for Magic Valley - KMVT
A new agriculture facility is in the works for the University of Idaho in the Magic Valley.and more »
Drones Flying into Agriculture Industry
SAN ANGELO, TX - It's not just flying enthusiasts using drones anymore. They've been used in the agriculture for a few years now and their popularity is growing. Senora Scott got the low-down from people who man the controls. If you're in the ag ...
- Greeley Tribune
Brown: Colorado agriculture touches everyone in the state
Most Coloradans did not grow up in a rural area and have never been on a farm or ranch, yet the people of Colorado support agriculture's positive contribution to the quality of life in our state. In a recent survey conducted for the Colorado Department ...and more »
What The White House Will Do For Agriculture Trade Now That TPP Is Dead
American farm groups are anxious to see how the White House will negotiate trade deals without starting a trade war now that the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) is officially dead. President Donald Trump signed an executive order Monday officially ...
Agriculture community knew it was coming, but disappointed in President's withdraw from TPPLubbockOnline.com
Trump and Trade: The Perils for Agr
- Western Farm Press
Trump's order to withdraw from TPP concerns US agriculture
Western Farm Press
Following an executive order Jan. 23 from President Donald Trump to withdraw the United States from the 12-nation Trans-Pacific Partnership, segments of U.S. agriculture expressed significant concern. Brad Haire 1 | Jan 23, 2017. Following an executive ...and more »
Thompson: Fake News is Nothing New to Agriculture
A long and contentious election cycle finally came to an official close on January 20 with the inauguration of our 45th president. In addition to new elected officials, it gave us countless memes and catchphrases - including “fake news.” “Fake news ...and more »
Thompson: Fake News is Nothing New to Agriculture | Cattle Network
Hannah Thompson with the Animal Agriculture Alliance gives plenty of examples of fake news in this commentary. More importantly, she suggests what you can ...and more »
ARS Geneticist Edward Buckler Awarded First NAS Prize in Food and Agriculture Sciences - Agricultural ResearchPR Web (press release)
ARS Geneticist Edward Buckler Awarded First NAS Prize in Food and Agriculture Sciences
WASHINGTON D.C.—Agricultural Research Service (ARS) geneticist Edward Buckler will receive the National Academy of Science's first ever Prize in Food and Agriculture Sciences for pioneering the use of large scale genomic approaches to associate ...
Foundation for Food and Agriculture Research Congratulates ...PR Web (press release)all 4 news articles&nbs
- Yakima Herald-Republic
Yakima Valley agriculture official says Trump's rejection of trade ...
YAKIMA, Wash. -- For now, Chris Schlect isn't pushing the panic button after hearing that President Donald J. Trump's had decided to pull the United States out ...and more »
Yakima Valley agriculture official says Trump's rejection of trade deal is 'no surprise' - Yakima Herald-RepublicYakima Herald-Republic
Yakima Valley agriculture official says Trump's rejection of trade deal is 'no surprise'
Jesus Baltazar stacks boxes apples destined for export at the Congdon Orchards packing facility Oct. 21, 2015 in Yakima, Wash. The apple industry is hoping the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade pact will make it easier to export to countries such as ...
Administration must do all possible to grow new markets for agriculture, AFBF's Duvall says - Farm Bureau NewsAdministration must do all possible to grow new markets for agriculture, AFBF's Duvall says
Farm Bureau News
With President Donald Trump's executive action to withdraw the U.S. from the Trans-Pacific Partnership, "it is critical that the new administration begin work immediately to do all it can to develop new markets for U.S. agricultural goods and to ...and more »
- The Onion (satire)
Temp Excited To Begin First Day As Secretary Of Agriculture
The Onion (satire)
WASHINGTON—Saying his new role seemed “way more interesting” than his usual menial office gigs, temp worker Jon Barder told reporters Monday that he was really looking forward to starting his first day as secretary of agriculture. “All I really know ...
Agriculture is the only source of food and nutrition for the majority of Nepalis. Especially the poor are directly or indirectly involved in agriculture and derive multiple benefits from its multifunctional character. But policymakers and ...
- Dayton Daily News
Township trustees to discuss vacancy created by Trump's USDA employee
Dayton Daily News
Nick Brusky, left, and Sam Buchan commute on the Metro on Friday. Brusky s resignation as a Butler Twp. trustee took effect Friday. CONTRIBUTED. Butler Twp.'s board of trustees will accept the resignation of former Trustee Nick Brusky and discuss his ...and more »
- Two new special edition cab models to CK10SE Series tractor line.
- Farm Forum
USDA to gather new data on organic agriculture production
St. Paul, Minn. – In February 2017, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS) will begin conducting the 2016 Certified Organic Survey to gather up-to-date data on certified organic crops and livestock in the ...and more »
- Organizers added 10 new seminars to the event’s lineup
- ETF Trends
An Agriculture ETF set for More Gains
For investors looking for broad-based, diversified exposure to agriculture and soft commodities, the PowerShares DB Agriculture Fund (NYSEArca: DBA) is a solid choice. The PowerShares DB Agriculture Fund tries to reflect the performance of the ...
- Farm groups weigh in on Trump’s decision to withdraw from TPP
- Grub Street
5 Reasons Why Food Experts Are Worried About Trump's New Agriculture Secretary
Consensus seems to be Trump could have done way worse. Photo: Bryan R. Smith/AFP/Getty Images. Just before the inauguration, news leaked that Donald Trump's long-awaited pick for Agriculture secretary would be former Georgia governor Sonny Perdue ...
The 'Sonny' Side of AgricultureAgWeb
Trump's Pick For Agriculture Secretary Is A Climate Denier, TooHuffington Post
State Agriculture Offici
- Food Tank (blog)
The Role of Technology in Modern Agriculture: Interview with Dr ...
Food Tank (blog)
Emily Buck, PhD, Associate Professor at The Ohio State University, is speaking at the third annual D.C. Food Tank Summit.
The Importance of Youth Employment in Agriculture: Interview with ...The Daily Mealall 2 news articles »
- The Alberta Oat Growers Association AGM is taking place one week from today in Edmonton. Executive Director Shawna Mathieson fills us in.
- Insect forecast maps for bertha armyworm, cabbage seedpod weevil, pea leaf weevil and grasshopper are now available on Alberta Agriculture’s website.
- They are the stewards of the land, the so-called first environmentalists, and they rely heavily on the weather and predictable climate to grow food to put on your plate.
- Binghamton University Pipe Dream
Animal agriculture's tolls are understated
Binghamton University Pipe Dream
Democrats have long been frustrated with climate change deniers. This frustration was poignantly expressed by Sen. Bernie Sanders during the confirmation hearing for Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt to be head of the Environmental Protection ...and more »
- Saskatchewan farm leaders are taking a wait-and-see approach to the inauguration of Donald Trump as the president of the United States.
- The Honourable Lawrence MacAulay, Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food, concluded a mission to Berlin, Germany, where he participated in the 9th Berlin Agriculture Ministers’ Conference on January 21, and the G20 Agriculture Ministers’ Meeting on January 22.
- The Ottawa Valley Seed Growers Association recognizes contributions of young agriculture enthusiasts
- Producer delegates from across the United States will gather in Atlanta, March 1-3, for the annual National Pork Industry Forum.
- TerrAvion, which helps farms take a high-tech approach to improving yield and revenue, announced today that it has partnered with FarmSolutions to provide growers with a full range of imagery and analysis on all of their crops on each acre to take immediate action on any potential issues, and ultimately improve yield.
- DuPont Pioneer is pleased to announce that as part of its Full Belly! Full Mind! initiative that supports nutrition and breakfast programs across Canada, $1,900 has been donated to Yorkdale Central School.
- The Ontario Student Nutrition Program is pleased to announce that DuPont Pioneer donated $ 7,500 as part of its Full Belly! Full Mind! initiative that supports nutrition and breakfast programs across Canada.
- Environment & Energy Publishing
TRANSITION: Sam Clovis leading Agriculture 'beachhead team ...
Environment & Energy Publishing
Sam Clovis, who was one of President Trump's top advisers on rural policy during his campaign, will lead transition efforts at the Department of Agriculture.and more »
- Environment & Energy Publishing
Sam Clovis leading Agriculture 'beachhead team'
Environment & Energy Publishing
Sam Clovis is heading the transition effort at the Agriculture Department. Photo by Alex Hanson, courtesy of Flickr. Sam Clovis, who was one of President Trump's top advisers on rural policy during his campaign, will lead transition efforts at the ...and more »
- Perth County calf tests positive for Arctic Fox strain of rabies
- The province is currently reviewing the funding system for Keystone Agricultural Producers (KAP).
Canadian Meat Industry Welcomes the Release of the Draft Content of the Safe Food for Canadians RegulationsThe Canadian meat industry welcomes the release of the draft content of the Safe Food for Canadians Regulations. Today, the draft regulatory text was posted in Canada Gazette, Part 1
- Canadian agriculture representatives announced February 16, 2017 will be Canada’s Agriculture Day – a time to celebrate and draw a closer connection between Canadians, our food and the people who produce it
- Manitoba's Agriculture Minister says the provincial government is committed to a "Made in Manitoba Solution" for ensuring everyone in Manitoba plays a role in addressing climate change.
- Research underway at South Dakota State University shows imported feed ingredients are capable harboring the pathogens that cause disease in swine.
- It’s been a chilly winter so far, with temperatures and windchill factors dipping into the minus 40's at times.
- Greeley Tribune
Severance woman discovers homesteading, learns about agriculture
... » Do your homework: There's a plethora of homesteading blogs online. Holcombe got her start with http://www.theprairiehomestead.com. Books are available as well. Holcombe likes to buy her books so she can reference them over and over again.
- Addressing the gap between research and practice in sustainable agriculture
Date: January 18, 2017; Source: Michigan State University; Summary: New research has found a big difference in the yields produced by alternative agricultural practices in commercial fields compared with the same practices in the small experimental ...
- Heavy rains show great benefit to agriculture
Jacksonville Daily Progress
Most folks in East Texas are accustomed to strange weather patterns as they go about their daily grinds, however local experts say the most recent wet weather has been "unusual business." Other than East Texans not knowing the appropriate attire for ...
- Food Tank (blog)
Dr. Julie Howard on the Importance of Youth Employment in Agriculture
Food Tank (blog)
Dr. Julie Howard, Senior Adviser to the Associate Provost and Dean for international studies and programs at Michigan State University, is speaking at the third annual D.C. Food Tank Summit, Let's Build a Better Food Policy, which will be hosted in ...and more »
Follow @AgricultureUSA on Twitter!