- OH HI.CHECK THIS OUT.Then come back.So, a “sojourn,” in Carve the Mark, is a cultural practice that the Shotet people (you’ll get to know them later) participate in annually. Basically, they travel through the galaxy, then land on a planet to scavenge, searching for valuable materials or items to repurpose. This practice requires them to learn about the places they visit– the languages, the customs, and in some cases, even how to survive in harsh climates.My plan for the
- divergentofficial:Dear Divergent Readers,
A lot of you have been asking me what’s happening with the Ascendant movie. (If
you don’t know what I’m talking about, I direct you here and here.)
I was not
a part of the decision to split the last book into two parts, though I was curious to see how the movie team would
accomplish it. And now the situation is a little uncertain as Lionsgate pursues
another avenue for the final installment of the series. I, like you, am waiting
- Instagram photo by veronica roth • Oct 21, 2016 at 11:07pm UTC: (quote caption: “Hushflowers always bloomed when the night was longest. The whole city celebrated the day the bundle of petals peeled apart into rich red– partly because hushflowers were their nation’s lifeblood, and partly, Akos thought, to keep them all from going crazy in the cold.”)The first lines of Carve the Mark!
- Channeling my inner Romanoff, because Black Widow: Red Vengeance by @margaret_stohl is heeeeeeere!
"You are born into a family and those are your people, and they know you and they love you and if you..."“You are born into a family and those are your people, and they know you and they love you and if you are lucky they even, on occasion, manage to understand you. And that ought to be enough. But it is never enough. Abe had not been dressing up, styling himself, for all these years because he was trying to prove how different he was from everyone else. He did it in the hope of attracting the attention of somebody else—somewhere, someday—who was the same. He was not flying his fr
- A video posted by veronica roth (@vrothbooks) on Sep 28, 2016 at 9:50am PDT
The story of my first time, as requested by @margaret_stohl. Tag, you’re it, @brendan.reichs and @kristinhalbrook! rtvote.com/firstvote16 #rockthevote #firstvote16
- Stop World Pig Domination! (And give cancer the metaphorical finger.): I may command a small army of piggie banks by the end of this. If you don’t welcome our pig overlords, bid here.
- petterscholander:All seven Harry Potter stories - in one poster.Full Portfolio: www.petterscholander.com
- Writing Song: “Leave Me Alone,” MS MR
- one of my favorite fictional friendships
- neonghouls:Here is compilation of rainy day’s for @chewdollars
- reblogging because I’ve been looking for this exact gifset!
and also it’s awesome
- trashybooksforladies:How do you dramatize stasis (waiting for it)? You give the audience a glimpse of the immense self-control that makes it possible. I make you wait even for the words “wait for it”.
- me, at the post office
- summerscourtney:make it so
- epicreads:Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth
Add it to your Goodreads
- “Start with something you’re obsessed with. … There’s a lot of material there. Something that’s driving you a little crazy, exploring that… usually that means there’s a hot button there for you. so if you can find a character living that, then it seems like it’s a recipe for something with some real lifeblood in it.”- Leila Howland, author of NANTUCKET BLUE, THE FORGET-ME-NOT SUMMER, and its sequel THE BRIGHTEST STARS OF SUMMER (and the for
- imwithkanye:Barb, Eye Roll
- “Maybe I am a mess. Maybe I’m crazy. Maybe I’m out of my mind! But, God helpme, I will keep these lights up until the day I die if I think there’s a
chance that Will’s still out there!” - Joyce Byers
- gaymigration:I just want to hug them they are too good for the world
i’m not crying you’re crying
- lbardugo:simon-lewis:this harry potter and hamilton mashup thread will make your lifeUnwillingly charmed.
Four for you, Internet. You go, Internet.
- yallfest2015:YALLFest tickets are now available! Get yours here (they sell out fast)!
Tickets available for:-Opening Keynote Conversation with Victoria Aveyard & Sabaa Tahir
-Spotlight On: Eoin Colfer
-Closing Keynote Conversation with Nicola Yoon, Adam Silvera & Julie Murphy
-YA Smackdown Featuring Tiger Beat
*YALLFest is free and open to the public! Only the events listed above require tickets.
- thejillianholtzmann:jillian holtzmann
- Pretty much where I’m at right now, ngl.
- Veronica Roth's 'Carve the Mark' to Make Global Splash:
- fuckalbusseverus:jeremiahtosis:peruvian instant darkness powder
did you mean
throwing shadeWe as a fandom should be ashamed it took so long for someone to say this.
- Take Action to End Police Violence
- I don’t talk about fanart much, but I do cherish it– I keep this awesome Tris tucked in the corner of my mirror. Courtesy of the talented @the.flightless.artist
- mustlovemustypages:Lyanna Mormont not having any patience for small talk and pretty much being the best part of this week’s episode.
Game of Thrones 6x07 “The Broken Man” (x)
MY HERO, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
- “Defenceless under the nightOur world in stupor lies;Yet, dotted everywhere,Ironic points of lightFlash out wherever the JustExchange their messages:May I, composed like themOf Eros and of dust,Beleaguered by the sameNegation and despair,Show an affirming flame.”- W.H. Auden, “September 1, 1939″
- divergentofficial:Get your FIRST LOOK at Veronica’s new book!
Download a FREE chapter excerpt here >> http://bit.ly/1TYn5jD
Song I was listening to when I wrote that chapter: “Bones” by MS MR
- “On any other woman, Wonder Woman’s costume would be interpreted as an invitation to ogle, an opportunity to judge the wearer’s intent, her psyche, even her morals.
Who does she think she is? What does she think she’s doing?Wonder Woman isn’t subject to those same questions. She is free from the relentless ‘if she didn’t want me to stare, she wouldn’t have worn that’ presumptions. Wonder Woman is a superhero. She came to fight. She came to wi
"Stars are not small or gentle. They are writhing and dying and burning. They are not here to be..."“Stars are not small or gentle.They are writhing and dying and burning.They are not here to be pretty.I am trying to learn from them.”- Caitlyn Siehl, “Sky Poem” (via chocolatefrogs)
- I keep writing this post, over and
over, feeling like I have to say everything. Today I’m trying to release myself
from that pressure. This post will not say everything. It will just say some
things.I have this memory from Allegiant’s
release week. I hadn’t been sleeping or eating much due to the stress of the
new book coming out, and all that I was doing to give it a good start in the
world. I had taken a glance at Twitter before my plane to San Francisco took
off, and saw, fo
- weneeddiversebooks:“Every kid deserves to be the hero of their own story.”
WNDB is so proud to present this video of Young Adult authors talking about why they write and who they write for.
"In my experience, that void gets filled not through strength but through weakness. You must be weak..."“In my experience, that void gets filled not through strength but through weakness. You must be weak before the world, because love and listening weaken you. They make you vulnerable. They break you open. And it is only when you are weak that you can truly see and acknowledge and forgive and love the weakness in others. Weakness allows you to see other humans not as enemies to defeat, but as collaborators and co-creators. In the end, we’re making humanness up together as we go along.
- #NowPlaying Inertia by veronicaroth
- Maybe it’s the long,lazy days, or maybe it’s the heat making everyone a little bit crazy.Whatever the reason, summer is the perfect time for love to bloom. Summer Days & Summer Nights: Twelve Love Stories,
written by twelve bestselling young adult writers and edited by theinternational bestselling author Stephanie Perkins, will have youdreaming of sunset strolls by the lake. So set out your beach chair andgrab your sunglasses. You have twelve reasons this summer to soak up the
- This weekend I’m going to be at Book Expo America and BookCon! And it’s in the best city in the world (well, I think so anyway): CHICAGO!Note: Book Expo America is an industry event, so if you’re a reader and you want to hear some authors speak and gets some books signed, etc., you should look into BookCon, which is open to the public.Here’s what I’ll be doing:
FRIDAY, MAY 13th11:00 - 11:45 PM
YA Stage Panel: “What’s New in YA”
- New book cover. Just gonna leave this here.
- Next Book: Title and Cover! (And sneak peek!):
- News about my next book coming tomorrow! *flails around excitedly*
- mediamattersforamerica:“Newsweek’s latest cover makes a bold statement about periods — and how talking about them shouldn’t be considered bold at all, since they are a normal and necessary bodily function for half of the world’s population.” Again, just for emphasis:they are a normal and necessary bodily function for half the world’s population.
- Reblogging because you haven’t thought of these for over a decade and IT’S TIME TO THINK OF THEM AGAIN.
cokosfunhouse: i’ll only make a couple of characters and they’ll all have something important to do...cokosfunhouse:i’ll only make a couple of characters and they’ll all have something important to do with each others plot!
- tamthewriter:atlinmerrick:wookieekisses:archatlas:Calvin and Hobbes: The Force Awakens Brian Kesinger
Story artist at Walt Disney animation studios / Artist for Marvel Comics. Check out his etsy store for books and prints www.etsy.com/shop/BrianKesingerI know I’ve reblogged some of these before, but I love these SW / Calvin and Hobbes mashups.So stinking cute.Best. Comics. Ever.@zarhooie, in case you haven’t seen ‘em yet :)
- Me:Has a literal ton of shit to do
Also me: *doesn't do any of it*
- spritzeal:the cowardly lion has a bad gig like. can u imagine the trait you hate most about yourself being like. part of the name everyone calls you. like ‘oh hey there’s judgemental rebecca. hi disloyal jim. how’s it going, unable-to-form-proper-emotional-bonds-and-compensates-with-humour paul.’
- potterlovermore:THIS IS THE TIGHTEST SHIT IVE EVER SEEN
Follow @VeronicaRothNws on Twitter!