- dennybitte:a journey in your eyesby Denny Bitte
- take me to there
- “She was not a rusty nail, as she had once told him, or a hot poker, or a blade in Ryzek’s hand. She was a hushflower, all power and possibility.”(listen)[Gasoline - Halsey] [Eye of the Needle - Sia] [Smother - Daughter] [Scream My Name - Tove Lo] [Leave Me Alone - MS MR] [Heartlines - Florence + the Machine] [Control - Halsey] [You Should Know Where I’m Coming From - Banks] [Interlude 1 - alt-J] [Missile - Dorothy] [Fire Meet Gasoline - Sia] [I Will Possess Your Heart -
- My youth is the foundation of me.
We have a twitter here too: https://twitter.com/IntrovertUnite. See some of you there?
- “…except that whatever Akos was, it wasn’t weak.”(listen)[The Gospel of John Hurt - alt-J] [Heart of My Own - Basia Bulat] [Bones - MS MR] [Thousand Eyes - Of Monsters and Men] [Tessellate - alt-J] [Bloodflood - alt-J] [Madder Red - Yeasayer] [Taro - alt-J] [I Know You Are But What Am I? - Mogwai] [Leave My Body - Florence + the Machine] [Sons & Daughters - The American Spirit] [Run Run Blood - Phantogram] [Broken Bones - CHVRCHES] [Iron - Woodkid]
- I’m excited to release this limited-edition Carve The Mark box set with @Fanjoy! There are only two weeks to pre-order, and the box includes exclusive Carve The Mark stuff (“soft hearts” quote on a postcard! ❤️) and a custom pouch from @Society6! More info here: Fanjoy.co/VeronicaRoth
"Some periods of our growth are so confusing that we don’t even recognize that growth is happening...."“Some periods of our growth are so confusing that we don’t even recognize that growth is happening. We may feel hostile or angry or weepy and hysterical, or we may feel depressed. It would never occur to us, unless we stumbled on a book or a person who explained to us, that we were in fact in the process of change, of actually becoming larger, spiritually, than we were before. Whenever we grow, we tend to feel it, as a young seed must feel the weight and inertia of the earth as it se
NONE of this would be happening in the Berenstein universe
Signs a guy is dangerous and up to no good:
- eating cereal straight from the box, no bowl!
- camouflage, what is he hiding from??
- just casually shuffling cards for no reason
- infiniitywars:Hold on. You think you can control things with your mind?
Love this exploding room.
- cutegirlonline:why he cry from banana
- margaretstohl:Exciting news!!!!! The #YALLWEST 2017 lineup is here!
- introvertunites:By Sarah Andersen
- earthstory:The whole sky is glowing
- This is a question I have been asked several times in the last several weeks since Carve the Mark’s release—sometimes as directly as posed above, and sometimes more indirectly. I was not originally sure whether to answer it or not, because I am aware that as the author of the work in question, my voice is much louder than other voices on this issue and I am wary of drowning out the voices of people who are already discussing this. But I do also try to remain engaged with my readers a
"Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame, With conquering limbs astride from land to land; Here at..."“Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,With conquering limbs astride from land to land;Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall standA mighty woman with a torch, whose flameIs the imprisoned lightning, and her nameMother of Exiles. From her beacon-handGlows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes commandThe air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.“Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!” cries sheWith silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,Your huddled masses yearnin
- I was so excited to be on NPR Weekend Edition today– what a great experience. Hear me talk about Carve the Mark, Cyra and her supernatural chronic pain, and anxious troll brain above or at the link!
- My publisher, HarperCollins, commissioned art from the super talented Gabriel Picolo (Instagram) and Morgana Wallace (Instagram; Tumblr) for the three main characters of Carve the Mark, and it is gorgeous. The art was based on descriptions from the book (obvs), and I love seeing the different interpretations of the characters– who are all simultaneously a complete surprise and a lot like what I imagined.Just five days until you can meet them for yourself!
From top to bottom (Morgana’
- badassladiesyoushouldknow:Badass Ladies You Should Know:
Author Veronica Roth
I know, I know. You already know Veronica Roth. You know she’s the author of the Divergent series, a book she wrote during college, that’s sold multiple millions of copies and stayed on the NYT bestseller list for years. You know the series was made into movies, and you probably know that her next book, Carve the Mark, is releasing next week as one of the most anticipated books of 2017.
But although I
- firstdraftwithsarahenni:Author of the DIVERGENT series Veronica Roth - whose new book, CARVE THE MARK, is out Jan. 17 - returns to the podcast to update me on what she’s been up to since her last episode, giving her story ideas code names, why she’s obsessed with iron grates over windows, and why she decided her next novel should be set in space.Veronica Roth Show Notes FOUR, the collection of Divergent short stories The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling “Inertia,&rdq
letaliabane:There will never be another President and First Lady like the Obamas. Don’t go!!!!!!
Feast Your Eyes on This Carve The Mark Character Art
Ryzek, The Shotet Dictator - Carve The Mark by Veronica Roth
- This is the map of the Carve the Mark solar system that’s in the front of the book, and I. Am. In. Love. With. It.If you want to know a little more about the world of Carve the Mark, check out Epic Reads’ post here!
- “We’re all afraid. The angry more than most, I think.” - Carve the Mark10 days until it comes out! AHHHH!
- In case you find this helpful!If you can’t watch the video, Epic Reads wrote the pronunciations out phonetically here.However, I do want to note that as far as I’m concerned, you can say the words/names however you like! So no need to fret about thinking the words “wrong” in your head.
- You can find Gabriel Picolo on Instagram at @_picolo and Morgana Wallace here on Tumblr at http://morgana-m-wallace.tumblr.com/They are super talented, holy crap.
bexli-nelhah:adriofthedead:holdmybee:intrases:wall void cube…. k
“I CAN GRUNT”unknown sadness
skalearning forbidden unknown.
I’ma become a Sith Lord! \o/Unicorn about sadness.. Oh no..
Perpetual chicken crunch.
This is either really good, or really, really bad.Cannon moon space.
Sounds like I’m going on an adventure.Dentist rabbit cask
- Veronica Roth's Resolution: Fight for a Better World: or, one way to think about Doing the Thing (while still taking good care of yourself) in 2017.
- “Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What’s important is the action. You don’t have to wait to be confident.”- Carrie Fisher (1956-2016), on pursuing one’s dreams while mentally ill. (via galaxy-journal)
- “This body had carried me through a hard life. It looked exactly the way it was supposed to.” - Cyra, Carve the Mark, in a moment of body positivity
- “She had steady hands and an even temper and a sharp mind. More than just a sweet person with a good disposition, as if anyone was just that.” – Akos, describing his sister Cisi, Carve the Mark
- “Why should I be disrespectful to the young reader by shielding them from what they already know?”- Jason Reynolds, author of GHOST, a Finalist for the 2016 National Book Award for Young People’s Literature (via yahighway)
This Woman Helped A Little Boy Overcome His Fear Of Sleeping Alone By Painting An Awesome Galaxy In His RoomWANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANTI might have to do this now.
- margaretstohl:check out this great pic from my visit to #Kadima middle school - prolly talking videogames or comics here - 8th graders are so my peers!
Margie, being the best at school visits, as ever.
- “I wanted to show these people who he really was. And pain always did that, took the insides out.” - Cyra, Carve the Mark
- Oh, it’s gonna get wacky.
- How to get a copy of We Can Be Mended
Pre-order Carve the Mark online or at your local bookstore or purchase it the first day of on sale––January 17, 2017Upload a photo or screenshot of your receipt and submit your information here. This step must be completed by January 17, 2017 and you must be a resident of the U.S. or Canada.This campaign has been offered to all Carve the Mark translation publishers globally. We will include participating translation publishers here once we have i
- So excited to share We Can Be Mended, the epilogue to the Divergent series, as a gift with pre-order of Carve the Mark! Visit carvethemarkbooks.com for more details on how to get your copy.–Hey! It’s Veronica. I have some news for you.A little while ago, my editor asked me if I had anything special written because she wanted to offer something to people who pre-ordered Carve the Mark since they’re usually the same people who supported the Divergent books so much. I told her tha
- The trailer for #CarveTheMark is here! Hope you enjoy it :)
- “That is the distinct feature of all my children. They are persistent. To the point of delusion, some might say.” - Sifa, Akos’s mother, Carve the Mark(If there’s a quote that defines Akos to me, this might just be it.)
- Canadians!I am coming to Toronto in January! And I am excited about it!Come see me! Exclamation points!!!Events Info here:www.Indigo.ca/events
Friday, January 27th at 7:00 PMIndigo YorkdaleYorkdale Shopping Centre, 3401 Dufferin St Toronto, ON
Saturday, January 28th at 11:00 AMChapters Waterloo428 King St N, Waterloo, ON (519) 886-4015
More about the rest of the Carve the Mark tour (or “sojourn”) here!
- WHAT YOU CAN DO TO FIGHT HATE: “We’ve gotten so used to not having to change anything, that we’ve forgotten how one goes about changing things.”Thank you for this, Sabaa!
- “You’re determined to deprive me of fun.”“That’s because apparently, your version of ‘fun’ is making me believe I’m in mortal peril.”– Cyra and Akos, Carve the Mark
- peed-so-hard-i-laughed:actualdogvines:the fluffs have been releasedPUP LOAFS
- Fox 2000 Buys ‘Divergent’ Author Veronica Roth’s ‘Inertia’: Exciting news!
- Hey all. This is my schedule for Yallfest (Charleston, SC), if you can make it out. <3
Friday, November 11
Signing at Kudu Coffee100 person limit, wristbands are first come, first served
Saturday, November 12
Panel: SCI FI VS. FANTASY THROWDOWN
Charleston Music Hall37 John StreetWith Daniel José Older, Renee Ahdieh, Suzanne Young, Amie Kaufman, and Leigh Bardugo.
"Though much is taken, much abides; and though We are not now that strength which in old days Moved..."“Though much is taken, much abides; and thoughWe are not now that strength which in old daysMoved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,One equal temper of heroic hearts,Made weak by time and fate, but strong in willTo strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.”- “Ulysses,” Lord Alfred Tennyson. (Read the full poem here.)
- “We knew how to hold the beauty of old things against the beauty of the new, losing nothing from either.” - Cyra, Carve the MarkMark (re: Shotet culture.)
My mom helped me with this one– she did the background and I wrote the words. Happy birthday, Mom. ❤️
Sonder: The realization that each passerby has a life as vivid and complex as your own.Opia: The ambiguous intensity of Looking someone in the eye, which can feel simultaneously invasive and vulnerable.Monachopsis: The subtle but persistent feeling of being out of place.Énouement: The bittersweetness of having arrived in the future, seeing how things turn out, but not being able to tell your past self.Vellichor: The strange wistfulness of used bookshops.Rubatosis: The uns
Follow @VeronicaRothNws on Twitter!