With one move the New Orleans Saints ruined the top of Fantasy Football running back charts. Adrian Peterson and Mark Ingram can't both be great, and neither will.
Its a real shame what New Orleans has done to the fantasy football running back position. I'd like to believe we can still co
- Day 1 of the NFL Draft is officially in the books. Who are the top 5 players fantasy football owners should keep an eye on in Day 2?
We had a lot of big names go off the board in Round 1 and plenty of fantasy football owners took notice. Keep in mind, just because some of the most coveted offensive
- The New Orleans Saints selected Wisconsin OT Ryan Ramczyk with the No. 32 overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft Thursday, April 27. Footballguys View: The Saints get a guy many thought was the best offensive tackle in a weak top of the class, and will be in good shape protecting Drew Brees for a long time to come if he pans out. He only started one year, but his technique is very good and his athleticism allows him to start early on at the left tackle position.
- The 2017 season schedule is finally here for all to see with excitement through the roof for Tampa Bay Buccaneers fans heading into one of the most highly anticipated seasons in recent memory. There is no denying that the Bucs haven’t been a good football team for quite some time now but the f
- New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees and head coach Sean Payton hit the links for the Zurich Classic Pro-Am at TPC Louisiana on Wednesday, April 26, 2017....
- The North Carolina Tar Heels may not have to wait long to know the fate of last year's starting quarterback Mitch Trubisky in the NFL Draft.
North Carolina Tar Heels quarterback Mitch Trubiskyâs name has arisen again in talk about the number one pick in the draft. While I have dismissed ...
- The 2017 NFL Draft is nearly here as a special edition of Factory of Sadness' round table question focused on Cleveland Browns' bold draft predictions.
So, with two top-15 picks,the Cleveland Browns could go a number of ways. History has shown that we can just assume the current regime wi
- Six time Pro Bowler. Four time All-Pro. Super Bowl champion. 11-year veteran Jahri Evans has accomplished a lot in the NFL. Now he has a new contract.
The post Jahri Evans Signs With Green Bay Packers appeared first on Last Word on Pro Football.
- Take a look at this latest 2017 NFL Mock Draft with final predictions for the first round on Thursday.
For months, football fans have been browsing through numerous 2017 NFL Mock Drafts to see which players they will consider in the first round, which is scheduled to officially get underway on Thur
- The 2017 NFL Draft begins with Round 1 this Thursday. Today, the CWT is going to have a little fun skewering the mock drafts and propose our own thoughts on what to expect on Thursday, Friday, and Beyond.
It's Draft Week!As some of you may recall, Coloring With Teal kicked off last year an
- There are multiple reasons why Atlanta Falcons will miss 2017-18 postseason. They're not a bad team. But there is too much competition in the NFC.
The post Why Atlanta Falcons Will Miss 2017-18 Postseason appeared first on Last Word on Pro Football.
- Running back Adrian Peterson signed with the New Orleans Saints on Tuesday. How should fantasy football owners view this move, and what's his value?
It wasn't that long ago when Adrian Peterson was considered the back to own in fantasy football. However, over the last few years the former
- Series Introduction: A scheme fit is when a playerâs traits and abilities line up with a certain coachâs style and scheme. Imagine if every NFL team could draft a player that fit perfectly into their scheme. That would benefit both the teams and the players simultaneously, as general managers and co
AdrianPeterson to the Saints is about as bad for the Buccaneers as it could get.
Two years for $7 million, that's it.That is what it took to getAdrianPeterson, future Hall of Famer, to sign a minuscule contract with the New Orleans Saints. One of the worst case scenarios for th...
- The free-agency period has been good one way or another for every NFL team. Hence, itâs time to take a look at the positives in our newest series for End Zone Score. Which newcomer to the club was the franchiseâs best offseason move and why? We got things started with each of the 2016 last-place [
4/26: FootballPerspective.com- Adrian Peterson, and Which Running Backs Played With Best Passing Games, Part IIAfter a ten-year career with the Vikings, Adrian Peterson is now headed to New Orleans where he will get to play with Drew Brees.Â It will be the second time Peterson has played with a Hall of Fame quarterback, after Brett Favre’s stint with the team beginning in 2009. In ’09, the Viking
- With all of the draft talk, I thought it might be interesting to analyze the New York Jets 2017 schedule that was released just last week.Â Of course, itâs way too early in the offseason for these predictions to be taken too seriously, but I thought it might be fun to speculate. That being said, [
- Former MVP will play a supporting role in backfield with Drew Brees, Mark Ingram
- Embed from Getty ImagesFree agent RB AdrianPeterson and the New Orleans Saints have agreed to a 2 year deal worth $7 mil. The Minnesota Vikings "replaced" Peterson by signing LataviusMurray early in the offseason. AP will join MarkIngram in the Saints backfield.Peterson has only pl
- It’s a done deal. The Saints and Adrian Peterson have agreed to terms on a two year deal with a base value of $7MM, according to Josina Anderson of ESPN.com (via these Twitter links). Peterson gets $3.5MM guaranteed at signing for 2017 and a totally non-guaranteed $3.5MM for 2018. If he plays
- This past season, no team in the NFL gains fewer yards rushing than the Minnesota Vikings. It is quite the reversal of fortunes for a club boasting the leagueâs top rusher in 2015. Seven-time Pro Bowler Adrian Peterson plays in only three games and totals just 37 carries for 72 yards and zero touchd
- Adrian Peterson tells Josina Anderson of ESPN that he’s signing a two-year, $7 million contract with the Saints. According to Anderson, Peterson’s 2017 compensation breaks down to a $1 million base salary that is fully guaranteedÂ and aÂ $2.5 million signing bonus. In 2018, Peterson will m
4/25: East Village Times- Philip Rivers: The Reason You Shouldn’t “Hate-Watch” the ChargersI know I know. Another article about the Chargers leaving and why you should or shouldn’t root for them. Well, this article is a little different for one reason: Philip Rivers. The kid from Alabama, who was traded to the Chargers on draft day, quickly became one of the most adored San Diegans
- Peterson would join a formidable backfield that includes Mark Ingram and, of course, Drew Brees.
4/24: EndZone Score- Adrian Peterson: Joining New Orleans Saints is a step back in his quest for a titleAdrian Peterson is perhaps the best remaining free agent left on the market. He is one of the all-time greatest running backs and will find himself enshrined in Canton someday. Like most historic running backs before him, Peterson has yet to secure that elusive Super Bowl title. Since leaving the Mi
- The New York Jets are at their tipping point in the 2017 NFL Draft. Their decisions made from here will determine the path of their franchise and reputation for the next football season and beyond.
Just exactly how good is head coachTodd Bowlesâs and general manager Mike Maccagnanâs hea...
- The New Orleans Saints finished 7-9 last year, falling to third place in the NFC South division behind the Falcons and Buccaneers. Other thanÂ commencing a blockbuster trade that sent speedster Brandin Cooks to the New England Patriots, the Saints had a relatively quiet free agency. New Orleans will
- After making the playoffs in 2016, the Detroit Lions are tied for the eleventh easiest schedule in the NFL in 2017, per CBS Sports. They will face offÂ against the AFC North and NFC South and have a very similar path as last year. Week 1- Arizona Cardinals While Arizona recorded a terrible 2016 campa
- Saints 2017 NFL Draft: The Saints have the 11th pick in the draft, as well as five total picks in the first three rounds.
The post New Orleans Saints 2017 NFL Draft: Top 3 Needs appeared first on Last Word on Pro Football.
- What does the Minnesota Vikings schedule mean for their record? Things could change of course, but here are some early predictions.
The post What the Minnesota Vikings Schedule Means: A Record Prediction appeared first on Last Word on Pro Football.
- Okay Steelers Nation, I know some of you are chomping at the bit to put Big Ben out to pasture and find his successor. I know others don’t want to use a high pick on a quarterback, suggesting the team develop a young passer. Then there are others who say not to use any pick […]
- Now that the NFL has released the 2017 NFL Schedule, we have updated our 2017 Fantasy Football Strength of Schedule pages.Our fantasy football strength of schedule (SOS) rankings for each position are based on last year's production.In other words, we average the fantasy points allow
- The New York Jets could be headed for a dismal season in 2017 and the schedule makers aren’t doing them any favors.Â The 2017 NFL schedule for the New York JetsÂ is out! Now it’s time for all the Jets fans to look at the opponents and begin to make predictions on how well they believe [
- In 2016, the Green Bay Packers had one of the easiest schedules of any team in the NFL.But as the season progressed, it was clear the Packers weren't about to walk easily over anyone.Packers fans can only hope for a similar change of fate as last night's official announcement of th
- The Patriots’ 2017 season has been revealed/leaked early in all its glory, setting up the campaign that stands between them and winning three of four Super Bowls, twice. The Pats will play their usual slate of divisional games, while facing the NFC South and AFC West, while also matching up wi
- Drew Brees can't play forever so why not give him another big-play tight end?
- What will the Buccaneers' schedule look like? Here, we'll take a look at the set opponents for Tampa Bay and try to guess the day and time slot that each game fits into.
When it comes to what the NFL is thinkingas it puts together its season schedule, no one really seems to know. Even sti
- Quarterback Matthew Stafford told reporters Tuesday that he “would love” to sign an extension with the Lions, but further comments indicate he’s looking to cash in – not take any kind of a discount – writes Kyle Meinke of MLive.com. Stafford addressed whether a mega-dea
- The Carolina Panthers have been spending a lot of money in free agency this year. This trend continued when it was announced earlier today by Adam Schefter that Kawann Short re-signed for five years $80.5 million with $35 million guaranteed. Short will get $40 million over his first two years, and a
4/17: isportsweb.com- Running back prospects the New Orleans Saints could target in this year’s draftThe Saints have a great offense, centered around a Hall of Fame quarterback in Drew Brees and exciting young wideout Michael Thomas. Willie Snead and Ted GinnÂ round out a dangerous receiving corps, and a solid offensive line provides Brees the protection he needs to get the ball to his playmakers. H
- Heading into the 2017 NFL Draft, the New York Jets need to add a premier tight end to their struggling offense. Evan Engram out of Mississippi is exactly what they need and much more.
In my most recent mock draft, the New York Jets finally address their issues at the tight end position in Round 3 o
- The 2017 NFL draft is less than two weeks away, and we know what that means: Mock drafts, speculation, and hot takes are at a fever pitch among fans, analysts, and everyone in between. They all want to know – what direction will the Pittsburgh Steelers go with the 30th pick in the first
- New Orleans Saints wide receiver, Michael Thomas, is one of the hottest topics coming into the upcoming Fantasy Football season. With the team parting ways with wide receiverÂ Brandin Cooks, everyone is wondering if Thomas can step up into that WR1 role. In 2016, Thomasâ rookie season, he finished as
- After a quiet off-season, it might shock some to know that the 2017 Oakland Raiders are going to have one of the best offenses in the NFL next season.The post The Offensive Potential of the 2017 Oakland Raiders appeared first on Last Word on Pro Football.
- Last year, I created a metric for measuring offensive efficiency called Adjusted Points Per Drive (AdjPPD). Today I’ll be updating the numbers for 2016. If you aren’t familiar with AdjPPD, I strongly encourage you to read the full explanationÂ here. Overview When measured on a per-drive b
- The Saints may not have drafted Drew Brees with the 32nd pick in the 2001 NFL Draft, but they sure benefited by signing him a few years later
- The Three Most Wasted Quarterback Primes: Which quarterbacks in the NFL today have had their prime years wasted because of underperforming supporting casts?
The post The Three Most Wasted Quarterback Primes appeared first on Last Word on Pro Football.
- Sometimes the latest hotness in fantasy football becomes the universal flavor of Kool-Aid everyone seems to be sipping on. In the case of Saints WR Michael Thomas, dynasty enthusiasts and redrafters alike who struck gold last year with the rookie WR are probably licking their chops heading into 2016
- With the Dallas Cowboys heading into the 2017 NFL Draft looking to improve their roster, we attempt to predict each selection in the entire first round.The NFL Draft is quickly approaching and the Dallas Cowboys are finishing up their prep for the big event. Teams are combing through all the inf
- The Saints’ meeting with free agent running back Adrian Peterson has concluded, and while no contract has yet been reached, the two parties plan to keep in contact, tweets Ian Rapoport of NFL.com (Twitter link), who adds the visit “went well.” [RELATED: Jahri Evans Wants To Continu
Follow @NewsDrewBrees on Twitter!