- The Saints have Drew Brees under contract for the 2017 campaign, but given that Brees in nearing 40 years old, New Orleans head coach Sean Payton admitted to SiriusXM NFL Radio that his club is always interested in adding quarterback talent. [RELATED: Nick Fairley Expected To Test Market] âI think t
- In an interview on Sirius XM NFL Radio, Saints coach Sean Payton said he's always in the "quarterback business." "I think we’re in the quarterback business always because they’re so difficult to find," said Payton. [...]
- Saints quarterback Drew Brees heads into the 2017 season without a contract for 2018, which means that there’s more than a passing chance that it is his final season in New Orleans. Brees is also 38 and whether it is next year, 2019 or sometime else, the Saints are going to find themselves in need…
- Does Brock Osweiler‘s Contract Have a Knock effect to this year free agents? With an abundance of teams chasing that
The post The ‘Brock On’ Effect appeared first on The Corner Blitz.
- L.A. Rams quarterback Jared Goff is working with noted quarterbacks coaches Tom House and Adam Dedeaux, according to an ESPN report from last week. Goff, 22, is working at 3dQB in Los Angeles. Their notable clients include 2016-17 NFL MVP Matt Ryan. Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Carson Palmer, and Tom Br
- I’m ready to ruin someone’s day today. Quite seriously, there’s a faction of Steelers fans who cannot get enough of their dislike of Landry Jones across to me. So, in order to appeal to their desire to see Jones leave Pittsburgh, I felt likeÂ once again making several cases fo
- Philip Rivers Legacy: After 13 seasons in the league, Philip Rivers has accomplished a great deal. What is the enduring legacy he will leave on the NFL?
The post The Incomparable Legacy of Philip Rivers appeared first on Last Word on Pro Football.
2/18: EndZone Score- Andrew Luck must use more than on-field talent to lead Indianapolis Colts in 2017Andrew Luck is one of the finest young quarterbacks in the NFL. Since coming to the Indianapolis Colts in 2012, he has proven to have one of the highest ceilings of any signal-caller we have seen. His three trips to the playoffs in five seasons, including an AFC Championship appearance, have shown f
- Drew Brees shows no signs of agingÂ at 38 years old, and the gunslinger has been remarkably consistent over his career. Brees turned in an NFL record fifth season of over 5,000 passing yards, and with young weapons Brandin Cooks and Michael Thomas on the outside, the Saints quarterbackÂ could cement h
- A winner, an offensive mastermind, and a "consensus fixer," Sean Payton is the savior the New York Jets need.
New York Jets need to make a play for Sean Payton to restore franchise credibility | Elite Sports NY.
- Free agent cornerback K’Waun Williams will take his visit with the Vikings next Tuesday, tweets Darren Wolfson of 1500 ESPN. Williams, 25, had meetings with the Lions and Jets earlier this week, and is expected to convene with the Dolphins and 49ers at some point, as well. After starting 10 to
- Tony Romo reportedly wants to play for the Houston Texans, bringing together a perfect combination for a Super Bowl run.
Longtime Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo isn't ready to hang up the cleats, even though he is being forced out the door in Big D by rookie sensation Dak Prescott. Romo&
- Rumors swirled this offseason of a potential trade for New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton. But trading Sean Payton would be a huge mistake.
The post Trading Sean Payton Would’ve Been a Mistake appeared first on Last Word on Pro Football.
- With the offseason officially underway, it's time to take a look back at the top 50 games from the 2016 NFL season.
For football fans, the next few months always seem to be the most difficult since they have to wait until August before a meaningful NFL game rolls around in the preseason. In or
- Drew Brees would have been a free agent had he not agreed to a one-year extension with the Saints at the beginning of the 2016 season
- Jimmy Garoppolo and Tony Romo are quarterbacks linked to the Chicago Bears, but the better target could be one no one is talking about -- Mike Glennon.
Since the end of the Chicago Bears season, a lot of things were said about the situation surrounding the quarterback position for the Bears. The co
- Ben Roethlisberger had one heck of a 2016 season, one in which he piled up career and franchise records while making his mark as one of the NFL's all-time greats.
Let's take a look at some of those stats "that stood out" for Big Ben's season, and how that reflects on his career.
Stats that sto
- The Kansas City Chiefs had 17 total games during the 2016 season. After going 12-4 this past season and winning the AFC West, there were more good games than bad. KC Kingdom decided it'd be fun to rank them all from worst to first!
Heading into 2016, the schedule looked simpler than some of th
- The New Orleans Saints believe TE Coby Fleener will be a bigger part of the offense in 2017 because he will be more comfortable with the offensive scheme and will continue to build a chemistry with QB Drew Brees.
- The Oakland Raiders have extended Jack Del Rio's contract for another four seasons. Del Rio was crucial in the revival of the Raiders.The post Oakland Raiders Extend Jack Del Rio appeared first on Last Word on Pro Football.
- The 2016-2017 NFL season is officially over, signaling the start of the NFL Draft season. Now that the order of the draft is set for all 32 teams, it feels like the perfect time to release my first mock draft of the year. This mock is a predictive one, so before you scroll down and…
The post S
- The first round of the 2004 NFL Draft was one to forget for San Diego sports fans. Prior to the draft, and after being told by his daddy, Eli Manning decided that he would not play for the San Diego Chargers even if they drafted him. And the Chargers did what the Chargers do and chose to draft Eli a
- DeMarcus Ware participates in Nickelodeon's Superstar Slime Showdown at Super Bowl.The post Linebacker DeMarcus Ware wins Nickelodeon-style trophy appeared first on Mile High Sports.
- On Saturday night, the awards were announced for the 2016 NFL season. It’s good to have a record of the voting breakdown, so in the interest of preserving history, I have reprinted that below. Most Valuable Player Matt Ryan, Atlanta (25); Tom Brady, New England (10), Ezekiel Elliott, Dallas (6
- Aaron Rodgers vs. Tom Brady ...Tom Brady is the best quarterback in the modern era and possibly the best quarterback of all time. Some are even going as far as saying that he is the best player to ever step on the field and itâs almost impossible to argue otherwise.With five Super Bowl...
- Here are the 2017 Fantasy Football Dynasty Rankings. These are based on PPR scoring format and for a window of the next five seasons.The post 2017 Fantasy Football Dynasty Rankings appeared first on Last Word on Pro Football.
- For the 51st year in a row, the Detroit Lions were not Super Bowl Champions. Betting odds suggest that streak will be extended to 52 years.
The New England Patriots are Super Bowl LI champions which really only means one thing in Detroit: the Detroit Lions did not win the Super Bowl. Again.The
- While the Saints have a clear-cut starting quarterback for next season, could the organization still look to draft an eventual replacement for Drew Brees? For what it’s worth, head coach Sean Payton expressed his interest in Clemson’s Deshaun Watson earlier this week. âThereâs something
- With NFL Honors airing on Saturday night, we look at the top 10 MVP candidates for the 2017 season next year.
Saturday marks the sixth annual NFL Honors, the end of the season awards ceremony for the NFL. The event will be hosted byKeegan-Michael Key this year and is held at the Wortham Theater Cen
- New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton said that Clemson QB Deshaun Watson 'appears to have all those things that we're looking for' and believes there's 'something special about him.' According to Payton, the Saints haven't seen 'any signs' of a potential decline for current starting QB Drew Brees, but acknowledged a transition will eventually have to come, and that 'the transaction may take place, not in the same year (Brees) is being replaced.'
- The regular season has come and gone and so have the playoffs. The seemingly never-ending âDeflategateâ saga finally ran its course following Tom Bradyâs four-game suspension, yet here we are once again staring down the barrel of a seventh Super Bowl appearance by the New England Patriots in the Bra
- Everyone knows about the Lombardi Trophy but Super Bowl weekend offers more hardware than just the NFL championship. On Friday, the NFL announced Dallas Cowboys‘ Dak Prescott as the 2016 Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year. The votes were tallied by NFL fans. Other rookies up for the honor were San D
- The New York Jets recently hired New Orleans Saints wide receivers coach John Morton. What did Drew Brees have to say about his former coach?
After a dreadful year on offense, it was time for a change for the New York Jets. With Chan Gailey out, the Jets hired New Orleans Saints wide receivers coac
- For the seventh time in the Brady-Belichick era, the New England Patriots are off to the Super Bowl. Here are five key moments from the season.
It was a more eventful season than most for the New England Patriots with the pre-training camp courthouse drama to in season injury issues. Here are five
- HOUSTON (AP) - Giving a fan an autograph and ensuring its authenticity suddenly has a 21st century twist perfect for social media. Saints quarterback Drew Brees helped unveil Microsoft's new "social autograph" Thursday using Sketchable, a drawing app on Microsoft's new Surface Studio and Surface Hub devices. Brees took photos ...
2/2: Last Word on Sports- Simply The Best: Making The Case For The Seattle Seahawks’ Defensive GreatnessMaking The Case For The Seattle Seahawks Defensive Greatness And The Statistics To Prove They Are Worthy Of Comparison With All Time Great Defenses
The post Simply The Best: Making The Case For The Seattle Seahawks’ Defensive Greatness appeared first on Last Word on Pro Football.
- New Orleans Saints QB Drew Brees said Thursday, Feb. 2, that he has a few seasons left in him.
- Drew Brees told Good Morning Football he still has a "few more" seasons left in him. .. [...]
- Saints quarterback Drew Brees isn't going anywhere. "I got a few more at least," Brees said on Good Morning Football Thursday when asked how much longer he was planning to play in the NFL.
- Drew Brees Saints QB Drew Brees mentioned that he still has a “few more” good years left in him. “I got a few more at least,” Brees said on Good Morning Football Thursday, via NFL.com. “When you first get into the league you think you’re invincible, right? You thi
- After 20 weeks of football (and an extra week of skills challenges and half-contested exhibition action in the Pro Bowl), we've arrived atÂ the Super Bowl. And in between the commercials, the (sometimes overly enthusiastic) questions from reporters, Media Day,Â Opening Night, the NFL Honors show with
- Joe Montana had what many consider to be the best performance in Super Bowl history. In Super Bowl XXIV against the Broncos, Montana completed 22 of 29 passes for 297 yards and 5 touchdowns, with 1 sack for 0 yards. Jerry RiceÂ was the biggest beneficiary, catching 7 passes for 148 yards and 3 touchd
- Drew Brees sat down with Toucher and Rich at radio row to tell a story about his college visit to Purdue. He was going to a party with his host, and walked up to Matt Light fighting four frat guys.
Drew Brees: "Bountygate" was motivation to win the Super Bowl and have Roger Goodell hand him Lombardi TrophyDrew Brees and the Saints are the one team in the NFL that can relate to Tom Brady and the Patriots when it comes to Roger Goodell coming down with heavy disciplinary action.
- Saints quarterback Drew Brees often is asked how long he’ll play. He’s rarely asked what he’ll do when he’s done playing. On Wednesday’s PFT Live on NBC Sports Radio and NBCSN, I asked him what he’ll do after his playing career ends. Like Peyton Manning, Brees could do plenty of different things and be highly…
- The New York Jets looked....less than impressive in 2016, but with some simple alterations, their future fortunes could be much better.
The post New York Jets fans have every reason to believe in the future appeared first on Elite Sports NY.
- Day Three of the PFT Live tour in Houston will be the biggest one yet, with a laundry list of relevant and compelling guests. Wednesday’s show includes visits from Saints quarterback Drew Brees, Washington cornerback Josh Norman, Broncos receiver Emmanuel Sanders, Hall of Fame quarterback Dan Marino, Hall of Fame defensive tackle John Randle, former…
- Embed from Getty Images
With Matt Ryan set to make his Super Bowl debut, we look at the best quarterback debuts in the Big Game in history.
On Feb. 5 at NRG Stadium in Houston, Matt Ryan of the Atlanta Falcons will become the 59th different starting quarterback in Super Bowl history. Meanw
- As the football world prepares for Super Bowl 51, we look toward analysis and predictions of the game. Up to the plate, are the defensive units of Atlanta and New England.
So, after 20 lovely weeks of football, we are finally under a week away from the main event; Super Bowl 51. As teams throughout
- Seattleâs 2016 NFL season contained detrimental elements that had not previously been seen from a Pete Carroll-led Seahawks team. Additionally, existing factors continued, such as the Seahawksâ poor red zone offense. Their inability to convert good opportunities is something that has plagued the tea
Follow @NewsDrewBrees on Twitter!