Missing the Carolina Panthers? You can focus on these games to scout future opponents.
The Carolina Panthers are not playing this weekend. They get to lick their wounds and prepare for next weekâs battle with the Arizona Cardinals. That does not mean that football came to halt. So letâs...
- The Carolina Panthers are receiving league reports and criticism during the bye week this week.
The Carolina Panthers are on bye this week but that doesnât mean the Panthers have not been in the news. Thankfully it has not been for any domestic violence issues. The Greg Hardy issue is now two...
- The KC Chiefs will welcome in the New Orleans Saints to Arrowhead Stadium this Sunday. Who holds the advantages at each position?
The Kansas City Chiefs will see their first NFC opponent of the year and it'll come in the form of the New Orleans Saints.The last time these two teams played w
- The KC Chiefs will play host to the New Orleans Saints this weekend, and it's a very winnable game for Kansas City against that bad Saints defense.
It's no secret that the New Orleans Saints have one of the worst defenses in the entire National Football League. They're 20th in passin
- The KC Chiefs are welcoming in the New Orleans Saints this Sunday and with that, comes future Hall of Fame quarterback Drew Brees. Brees is 1-1 against Kansas City while with the Saints.
Drew Brees is one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL right now and he'll be visiting the Kansas City Chief
- The KC Chiefs return home to Arrowhead Stadium this Sunday and will welcome in the New Orleans Saints. For an inside look, I spoke with Barry Hirstius, editor of Big Easy Believer, New Orleans' local FanSided site.
After a month either on the road or on a bye week, the Kansas City Chiefs will
- Playing daily fantasy football in week 7 of the 2016 NFL Season? Read these DFS suggestions before you set your FanDuel or Draft Kings lineup....
- Carolina Panthers DT Kawann Short was fined $18,231 by the National Football League for a fourth-quarter hit on New Orleans Saints QB Drew Brees during Week 6's game. Short received a roughing the passer penalty on the play and Brees ended up with a bloody lip.
- Ultimately, the decision of which player to start is largely determined by the composition of your roster (as well as your league's settings).As an example, HunterHenry is listed below as a "start" for Week 7.And I'd feel comfortable going into Week 7 with him as one of my starting
- Ultimately, the decision of which player to start is largely determined by the composition of your roster (as well as your league's settings).As an example, MarcusMariota is listed below as a "start" for Week 7.And I'd feel comfortable going into Week 7 with him as my starting quar
- Saints quarterback Drew Brees thought Panthers defensive tackle Kawann Short “straight punched me in the mouth.” The league agreed. Via Joe Person of the Charlotte Observer, the NFL fined Short $18,231 for his roughing the passer penalty last week. Short said he thought the hit looked worse than it was because of Brees’ stature, but…
- METAIRIE, La. (AP) - Drew Brees' top three receiving targets this season range in age from 23 to 24. None has played more than two NFL seasons and one is a rookie. They way they've been playing is helping the Saints' 37-year-old quarterback continue accumulating elite passing numbers. Now in ...
- Ezekiel Elliott, Drew Brees, and four New England players highlight the Team of the Week for Week 6.
- Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger went down with a knee injury on Sunday. Here are five stopgap replacements for fantasy owners.
Againstthe Miami Dolphins in Week 6, Ben Roethlisberger had trouble picking himself off the turf with an apparent knee injury. It was a all too familiar
- Ryan Smith brings us his Week Seven NFL Power rankings, by ranking all 32 NFL teams. Who is improving? Who has fallen off?
The post Week Seven NFL Power Rankings appeared first on Last Word on Pro Football.
- Prior to the start of Sunday's game, both the Carolina Panthers and New Orleans Saints were one-win teams.
The Carolina Panthers lost to the New Orleans Saints, 41-38. The Carolina Panthers fell to 1-5 for the season whereas the New Orleans Saints are 2-3.The Panthers are not looking like
- It’s been hard to tell at times whether defensive tackle Kawann Short was still with the Panthers or not this season. But he left an impression on Saints quarterback Drew Brees yesterday, hitting him in the face and giving Brees a bloody lip after Brees threw a touchdown pass in the fourth quarter. “It looked…
- New Orleans Saints Week Six Takeaways: The New Orleans Saints recorded their second consecutive win this season against the Carolina Panthers in a high-stake divisional match up in the Superdome.
The post New Orleans Saints Week Six Takeaways appeared first on Last Word on Pro Football.
10/17: Moxyball.com- Week 7 NFL DFS Insights – Leveraging Your Intuition to Make Great DFS PicksWeek 7 NFL DFS Insights – Making the best picks on FanDuel, DraftKings (and any other DFS site you play on) is critical to success, right? Right. Well, sometimes that means going beyond the numbers and trusting your instinct or looking at game flow / game script when deciding on your lineups w
- Every year there are NFL teams that over perform and under perform, it’s the nature of the league. Dave Archibald looks at what happens to the coaches of these teams, and how Vegas Over-Unders effect the likelihood of a coach losing their job. Every summer, the army of math geniuses that resid
- The New York Giants improved to 3-3 after defeating the Baltimore Ravens 27-23 on Sunday afternoon with one of the reasons being their secondary.
Although it's a unit that has been affectedbyinjuries, the New York Giants secondary has been one of the strengths of the team so far this seaso
- Sunday’s win by the Saints over the Panthers included a late touchdown by the Saints that extended the home team’s lead from 31-30 to 38-30. The pass from Drew Brees to tight end Josh Hill initially was ruled incomplete. Via replay review, the ruling on the field was overturned. “What the receiver did is he…
- Brees completed 34 of 49 passes for 465 yards with four touchdowns and one interception in Sunday's 41-38 victory over the Panthers.Brees' prolific afternoon propelled him to first place all-time over Peyton Manning with 15 performances of 400 yards or more in the regular season, and as it turned out, the Saints would need every one of his 465 yards to escape with victory [...]
- NEW ORLEANS (AP) - Drew Brees passed for 465 yards and four touchdowns, Will Lutz kicked a 52-yard field goal with 11 seconds left, and the New Orleans Saints pulled out a 41-38 victory over the Carolina Panthers on Sunday. With his 15th 400-yard game, Brees broke a tie with ...
- Saints sink NFC South rivals in shootout behind Drew Brees' 465 passing yards
- Drew Brees completed 34-of-49 passes for 465 yards, four touchdowns, and one interception in the Saints' 41-38, Week 6 win over the Panthers. .. [...]
- Jerry Jones did not say whether the Cowboys will turn back to Tony Romo or stick with the surging Dak Prescott after the team’s Week 7 bye, but the owner identified this as a good problem to have. “Thereâs nothing Iâd rather do than go into [the] last half of the season with a ready-
- Not even a 21-point fourth quarter surge could pull the Carolina Panthers ahead of the New Orleans Saints in Week 6. New Orleans kicker Wil Lutz split the uprights with just 11 seconds left on the clock to give the Saints a three-point lead. Panthers quarterback Cam Newton and his offense were unsuc
- Drew Brees thinks highly of his competition in Carolina. But are Luke Kuechly and Thomas Davis the best linebacking tandem of all-time, or even right now?
- Heading into Week 6 Fantasy Football action, here are the top 5 sleepers discussed between Luis Tirado Jr. and Genna Preston of The Jet Press.
Week 6 is here and so far this fantasy football season, things are as unpredictable as they come. Sleepers truly define this fantasy season as it's
- Playing daily fantasy football in week 6 of the 2016 NFL Season? Read these DFS suggestions before you set your FanDuel or Draft Kings lineup....
- Week six of the NFL season is here and here are your “Must-Starts” at each of the four vital scoring positions. Quarterback Drew Brees The Panthers and Saints are in position for a good, old-fashioned shoot-out this Sunday in New Orleans. The Saints will be playing at home after c
- Heading into Week 6 Fantasy Football action, keep an eye on these top 10 sleepers that will undoubtedly thrive in favorable matchups.
Now that we're after the first quarter of the regular season, fantasy football owners now have a good idea of what their main outlook is on their starting lineu
- The Carolina Panthers have had a severe Super Bowl hangover in 2016, losing four of their first five contests. Starting quarterback Cam Newton has already missed one game with a head injury, while starting running back Jonathan Stewart has missed the last three games with a hamstring injury. Both of
- The Oakland Raiders head into this week's matchup with division rival Kansas City in sole possession of first place in the AFC West â but will they come out of it the same way? Let's break down a few keys to a win over the Chiefs.
Sitting somewhat pretty at 4-1, the Oakland Raiders ...
- The Saints have claimed quarterback Joe Callahan off waivers from the Packers, reports Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com. In a corresponding move, the Saints have released offensive lineman Khalif Barnes, according to Field Yates of ESPN (Twitter link). The Packers cut Callahan on Thursday, but their hope wa
- Most Packer backers came away relieved about their teamâs ability to finish off the mediocre New York Giants despite giving their opponent numerous opportunities to stay in the game. A much cleaner performance, however, will be in order for Mike McCarthy and company to claim victory over a 4-1...
- Do not hit the panic button just yet! The New YorkÂ Giants may be 2-3 and as week six approaches, all eyes are now on Eli Manning. It is safe to say that any wins and close losses can be credited more to the Giants’ defense then Manning and supporting cast. While the off-season conversation wa
10/13: East Village Times- Hunter Henry is Looking Like a Much-Needed Offensive Weapon in Rookie Season with ChargersWell it’s been an excruciating season for the San Diego Chargers and their fans so far, hasn’t it? The tone of the season was seemingly set by the ridiculous fourth quarter loss in Kansas City in week one. Not only did the season start with the loss of a game, but the Bolts lost Keenan A
- As fans of the San Diego Chargers continue to pick up pieces of their slightly damaged, or even broken hearts, thanks to one disappointing loss after another, there is a bolting spark at the end of this, and that is the play of quarterback Philip Rivers. It isnât too presumptuous to say he is one
- With five weeks of football in the books, here's the latest list of head coaches on the hot seat heading into NFL Week 6.
It's crazy to think how fast the regular season is flying by. After five weeks of exciting football, it's time to take a look at which head coaches find themselve
- The Raiders defense has been underwhelming this year, but they're still working on better communication six weeks into the season.
- Unless the Oakland Raiders are planning to win every game with ballsy last minute plays, they will have to get their run game going in the first half.
The post Oakland Raiders Get Ballsy in Late Game Victory appeared first on Hero Habit.
- Saints safety and special teams maven Erik Harris underwent ACL surgery today and will be out for the remainder of the year, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL.com (Twitter links). Devastatingly, Harris suffered the torn ACL — and meniscus — while intercepting Drew Brees in practice on Mon
- A look at some of the top potential landing spots for Tony Romo is the Cowboys decide to turn the team over to promising rookie Dak Prescott.
The post Best Landing Spots for Tony Romo appeared first on Deep(ish) Thoughts.
- Presenting an NBA preview of the Indiana Pacers that looks at the potential highs and lows for this coming 2016-17 NBA season.Â It’s easy to look past the Pacers. Their star player, Paul George, is relatively quiet in terms of headlines. They rarely make stupid headlines like the Knicks, 76er
- Many teams appear done, but these six NFL teams' seasons are officially over. Forget the playoffs and start planning for the draft. NFL Week 6 is here.
Stranger things have happened, but after five weeks of NFL action we know that some teams are officially done. Many more are staring down the
- Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was known early in his career for just minding the store. Now heâs the clear leader of one of the leagueâs best offenses.
The numbers are astounding and the eye test is passed almost weekly with flying colors.With a wealth of talent on ...
- Tom Brady returns from suspension Sunday against the Cleveland Browns. What does it mean for the New England Patriots machine under Bill Belichick.
The post Welcome to the New England Patriots Machine appeared first on Last Word on Pro Football.
- Ultimately, the decision of which player to start is largely determined by the composition of your roster (as well as your league's settings).As an example, CarsonWentz is listed below as a "start" for Week 5.And I'd feel comfortable going into Week 5 with him as my starting quarte
Follow @NewsDrewBrees on Twitter!