Lonely Planet Lists The Best Places to Travel in 2017
Canada, LA, and Michigan's upper peninsula are just a few of 2017's “must see” destinations, according Lonely Planet's “Best in Travel,” which features the top regions, cities, and countries to visit around the world. The lists, released each fall ...
Perak number nine on Lonely Planet's 'Best in Travel 2017'Time Out Kuala Lumpur (blog)all 17 news articles »
- Washington Post
NFL concussion protocol silent on question of airline travel during recovery
Airline travel is stressful. And a seven-hour flight is hard on even the most fit bodies, given the slightly reduced oxygen levels, inevitable dehydration and often disorienting time-zone change. Under the NFL's concussion protocol, Washington Redskins ...
Globe-trotting retirees save money when they travel. Find out how
The latest Transamerica Retirement Survey, conducted this year, found baby boomers cited travel most often as their top dream for retirement, above spending more time with family or pursuing hobbies. But it looks like any traveling will have to be done ...
Traxo and World Travel, Inc. Leverage Next-Gen Data Aggregation Services for Business Travelers - Business Wire (press release)Traxo and World Travel, Inc. Leverage Next-Gen Data Aggregation Services for Business Travelers
Business Wire (press release)
DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Traxo, a leader in traveler data aggregation, announced a technology partnership with World Travel, Inc. (WTI), the 4th largest independent travel management company in the U.S., to power itinerary data aggregation for WTI's ...and more »
Traveling In Style: Celebrities And Their Go-To Travel Shoes
The only thing that makes traveling a bit more tolerable is a good pair of shoes. No matter your destination, there are multiple reasons to dress comfortably in an airport. However, many travelers are replacing the sweatpants, baggy clothing, and un ...
- Americans loyal to the British during the American Revolution fled to Saint John in Canada after the war. You can see pieces of that history, if you know where to look.
- In Montreal, back alleys have been growing into surprisingly lovely neighborhood hubs, and hundreds have recently banded together as green alleyways.
- Westin Hotels & Resorts has announced the latest in a series of sleep offerings that promise a better slumber for travellers, extending beyond just the guestroom. Challenging the staid in-flight sleep experience, Westin continues to power ahead in partnership with Delta Air Lines with the new Westin Heavenly In-Flight Blanket rolling out in Delta’s First Class cabins starting mid-November.
Travel Media Site CultureTrip Raises $20 Million: Travel Startup Funding This Week
A $20 million investment in a consumer travel content company? From one to another, that's nice news, but we struggle to see how much growth it can really have. — Dan Peltier. fundingroundup Each week we create a roundup of travel startups that have ...
- A new research-based report published today by the Association of Corporate Travel Executives and American Express Global Business Travel reveals how the behaviour and priorities of today’s business travellers are evolving. It also explores how corporations can adapt managed travel programmes to fulfil the needs and expectations of contemporary business travellers.
- ANA and Vietnam Airlines will launch a codeshare partnership at the beginning of their 2016 winter schedules, commencing on Sunday. The codeshare partnership will initially cover ten international routes, linking Japan and Vietnam. In addition, it will link 25 principal domestic routes in both countries. This will allow passengers to travel more conveniently throughout the region.
- In the first major speech from the airport since the government’s decision to back expansion of Heathrow, development director Phil Wilbraham has argued British businesses of all sizes would benefit from the decision from day one. Speaking at London Build 2016, he announced the airport would begin signing initial contracts with engineers, architects and planning consultants within days and set out Heathrow’s vision to leverage the skills and expertise of British industry across the c
- The Saxon Hotel, Villas & Spa in Johannesburg has disclosed details of its new spa. Launching in November, the new 700sqm two-floor Saxon Spa will be an oasis of wellness, taking the guest on a holistic journey incorporating sound, touch and sight. Tipped to be the most luxurious spa in the city, the space will comprise eight new treatment rooms including an all-glass couple’s treatment room, manicure and pedicure areas, hair spa, sleep zone, spa dining area, juice bar, steam room, hea
- Manchester Airport has added Weibo and WeChat, the Chinese equivalents of Twitter and Whatsapp, to its range of social media tools in order to better communicate passengers from the destination. The moves comes following the success of Manchester Airport’s new direct flight to Beijing with Hainan Airlines, with almost 40,000 passengers having travelled the route since launch in June this year.
- Flight attendants’ union Ufo has announced its members working for Eurowings in Düsseldorf and Hamburg will walk out on strike today. As a result of the action, Eurowings has suspended all of its domestic flights today. Passengers have been warned it will also be necessary to cancel or delay flights within Europe, with Eurowings working on an amended flight schedule for the period.
- Top British brand, Liberty London, has created an exclusive range of washbags for customers flying in First with British Airways. The sleek, slim and stylish washbags feature a contemporary look using a range of carefully chosen prints from Liberty London’s vast textiles archive, updated for today’s modern traveller. The new Liberty London First washbags appear on board from January 7th, 2017.
- Scandinavian Airlines has taken delivery of its first A320neo aircraft, becoming the first airline in Scandinavia to operate the world’s most fuel efficient single aisle aircraft. The plane is the first of 30 on order by the carrier. SAS ordered the A320neo as part of its strategy to modernise its fleet with more fuel-efficient aircraft, reducing environmental impact such as emissions and aircraft noise.
Inside Donald Trump's Oddly Timed Hotel Opening
From a stage constructed on the far end of the ornate presidential ballroom of the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C., Donald Trump and his family officially opened the luxury hotel on Wednesday, nearly a month after it began welcoming guests.and more »
- Make sure your vehicle is ready, and be prepared for emergencies.
Naira woes affecting air travel, businesses in Nigeria
Travel and Tour agencies as well as domestic and international airlines operating in Nigeria are having a hard time keeping their businesses afloat as the crisis with the country's currency, the naira, deepens. Nigeria is facing its first recession in ...and more »
Buffalo: Road Trip Travel Guide
Lifestyle is your destination for Patriots living. Want to share something about your Patriots lifestyle? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Embed Code #1436 (Taboola Right Rail Thumb). Patriots Lifestyle Email Sign-Up. First Name *; Last Name ...and more »
- For 14 years, Ellen Koenigsberg’s throwback finds have served up inspiration to labels like Marc Jacobs and Maryam Nassir Zadeh.
- For your next Hudson Valley getaway, consider Germantown.
Fly to Ireland Next Summer for Only $159
The airline that brought you $99 flights to Iceland is back with a $159.99 to their newest destination: Cork, Ireland. WOW Air, an Iceland-based low-cost carrier, will begin servicing Cork Airport beginning in June 2017. Flights will be available four ...and more »
- There are few things in the world more luxurious than being pampered in paradise. This December, the opening of the new Maldivian island, Hurawalhi, takes this one step further with its Duniye Spa.
- At these four homes on the range, living off the land is still the ultimate luxury.
- The Chinese classical pianist Lang Lang, a cultural ambassador for New York, enjoys the city’s museums — and music in the streets and subways.
- Champneys has continued its expansion with the acquisition of Eastwell Manor, Kent. Champneys will operate the historic hotel under the title of Champneys at Eastwell and will provide quality, expert-led health and beauty offerings in line with its other health spa resorts. Eastwell Manor House sits within 3,000 acres with perfectly manicured lawns and beautiful grounds in the heart of the Kent countryside, 30 minutes from St Pancras.
- Airbus Group revealed earlier its nine-month net income was €1.81 billion, down five per cent from a figure of €1.90 billion recorded last year. Earnings per share were €2.34, down from €2.42 euros last year. At the same time reported EBIT at the aerospace giant fell 20 per cent to €2.36 billion.
WATCH AND SHOP: This Travel Pillow Doubles as a Genius Organizer
If you're not a traditional travel pillow person, this genius product will change everything. It's not only incredibly comfy, it also has a handy organizational compartment built right in. Joyus. Sign up for free shipping on orders $50 & over. Play ...and more »
- The Skylight Inn in North Carolina is hundreds of miles from my home in New York City, but the lure of its signature barbecue sandwich was impossible to resist.
- The wedding was set, but first, a barbecue road trip, from Pennsylvania to Tennessee, with pork, ribs, brisket and no shortage of debate.
- Emirates has announced it has signed an agreement with Thales to equip its Boeing 777X fleet with Thales AVANT in-flight entertainment system. The airline will work in partnership with Thales to develop and enhance the state-of-the-art inflight entertainment and connectivity system to be fitted on its new Boeing 777X aircraft due for delivery starting in mid-2020.
- Jumeirah Group has made a number of internal changes to its management team in order to strengthen its regional capabilities and support the brand’s continued commitment to growth. Doris Greif returns to Dubai to take up the new role of senior vice president operations, Middle East, Africa and South Asia, with Katie Benson replacing her as regional vice president for Europe, in addition to her role as general manager of Jumeirah Carlton Tower in London.
- Korean Air is launching nonstop service between Delhi’s Indira Gandhi Airport and Incheon International Airport beginning December 2016. Delhi will be the second destination for Korean Air following Mumbai in India. The inaugural flight will take place on December 1st, with service aboard an Airbus A330-200 aircraft capable of seating 218.
Growth of Mobile Travel Bookings in 6 Charts
Smartphones' global share of mobile transactions grew by about 13 percent year-over-year for the second quarter, according to new data from Criteo. Kārlis Dambrāns / Flickr. Photo: Kārlis Dambrāns / Flickr. Share Tweet Post Send ...
- Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines’ 804-guest Black Watch will enter dry dock at the Blohm + Voss shipyard in Hamburg, Germany in November 2016, in preparation for the forthcoming 2017/18 cruise season. The ship will undergo various engineering works, general maintenance and refurbishment during the dry dock, as well as the creation of several new public areas and guest facilities, as part of a multi-million Pound investment.
- Customers on the move with an iPhone can now pay for their British Airways flights using Apple Pay through the airline’s app. Apple Pay automatically stores any payment card details to make it quicker and easier than ever to pay for flights with just a swipe of the finger.
- Plans have been unveiled for a hotel with direct links to domestic and international check-in areas to be built at Adelaide Airport in South Australia. Event Hospitality & Entertainment has reached agreement with Adelaide Airport to develop and operate a seven-storey, 165-room hotel within the Adelaide Airport precinct.
- Flybe and Avios have announced that it is now possible for customers to get more value - by part paying for their flights using their accrued points. As part of the airline’s extended Avios Travel Rewards programme, flights can be booked and partially paid directly through the Flybe website.
- Global Online Travel Market 2016
PR Newswire (press release)
NEW YORK, Oct. 25, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- A forecast referenced in the yStats.com report predicts that just below half of global travel sales will be online in 2016, as more consumers, especially 18 to 34 year-olds, utilize their smartphones to explore ...and more »
- The New Yorker
Travel as Therapy: What Other Countries Can Do for You
The New Yorker
Too often, when we travel, we forget that the exotic settings, the vibrant culture, even the charming indigenous folks we meet along the way are all just a backdrop for our personal transformations. In fact, foreign countries can help you recover from ...
- Mississippi Public Broadcasting
Lawmakers target travel budgets for potential cuts
Mississippi lawmakers intent on cutting state spending turned their sights on government travel this week, an area in which many agencies have resisted cuts despite reducing services and staff. “We are not looking to play gotcha politics here,” Lt. Gov.
Mississippi lawmakers examine agencies' travel expensesMississippi Business Journalall 6 news articles »
- Travel Tips From A Solo/Small Firm Road Warrior
Above the Law
Flight attendant putting luggage in overhead bin in airplane If you're a lawyer employed by a large firm or working in-house, travel is never a problem. Airline tickets and hotel reservations magically materialize — frequently along with a company ...
- N26 announces a premium Black card with Allianz travel insurance
What's missing from N26? The company has been slowly but surely building a new bank account from the ground up. This time, the company is trying to recreate the insurance product that you typically get with a Visa Premier or MasterCard Gold. So N26 is ...
- USA TODAY
Canada Named Best Travel Destination In 2017 By Lonely Planet
It seems that every election season American interest in Canada spikes and this year is no different. But our northern neighbor can offer more than just political refuge. Thanks to a great tourism infrastructure and a weak Canadian dollar, the Lonely ...
O, Canada! Country named 2017's top travel destinationUSA TODAY
Lonely Planet releases 2017 top 10 travel destinations rankingsChron.com
Nepal in Lonely Planet's 'Be
China's Hunt For Hotels Goes Beyond Luxury Travel
Investors have heard it now for years. The Chinese are shopping and traveling like never before. They're companies are buying up hotels, to cater to this very trend as well as hold prized possessions like Anbang Insurance's $1.9 billion purchase of ...and more »
- Gatwick Airport remains “ready to proceed” following the green-light for expansion at London Heathrow earlier. In a statement the airport said it “noted” the government announcement, but remains confident it could deliver additional capacity in the south-east quicker than its west London rival.
Follow @WorldNewsTravel on Twitter!