- Horse Hill Developments Ltd. has submitted a planning application to Surrey County Council, UK, to conduct further testing at its Horse Hill-1 (HH-1) discovery well. Originally spudded in 2014, Solo Oil PLC announced that the well flowed 1,688 bo/d from two Kimmeridge limestones and the overlying Portland sandstone during a short period of testing early this year.
- The Brent contract for December delivery dipped under $50/bbl in Oct. 26 trading on the London market while the light, sweet crude oil price for December delivery settled just above $49/bbl on the New York market.
- The US government’s Arctic policy will include responsible development of oil and natural gas resources in Alaska that meets the highest environmental and safety standards including global climate goals, a White House official said. But other speakers at the Atlantic Council’s Oct. 25 conference suggested that producing this oil and gas could help the federal government finance port construction and other projects to handle tourism and commercial shipping growth as sea ice melts and
- Norway and Russia are exchanging seismic data from areas around the countries’ demarcation line in the Barents Sea.
- Directors of state-owned Baltic Connector Oy, Helsinki, have approved investment in the Finnish segment of the Balticconnector natural gas pipeline between Finland and Estonia.
- Braskem America, a subsidiary of Braskem SA, Sao Paulo, has initiated commissioning activities at its UTEC ultrahigh-molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) production plant at the company’s La Porte, Tex., manufacturing site.
- The Alberta government is making an additional $33 million available to advance technologies for cutting emissions of methane from industries that include oil and gas.
- Egdon Resources PLC has agreed to acquire additional interests in two of its recently announced UK 14th Onshore Oil and Gas Licensing Round awards, PEDL334 and PEDL306, through an assignment of interests from Celtique Energie Petroleum Ltd. at no cost.
- PJSC Lukoil has started commercial crude oil production from Pyakyakhinskoye field in Russia’s Yamal-Nenets autonomous district.
- Energy Transfer Partners LP (ETP) has agreed to acquire certain interests in PennTex Midstream Partners LP from various parties for $640 million.
- US crude oil production from tight shale formations could climb quickly as prices recover, but the emphasis likely will be more on short-term onshore projects that are easy to start than on longer-run offshore areas with greater potential, the International Energy Agency’s chief economist said.
- Light, sweet crude oil prices for December delivery dipped under $50/bbl on the New York market Oct. 25 as market participants said it is looking increasingly unlikely that the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries will be able to reach agreement on a proposed production cut.
- US commercial crude oil inventories, excluding those in the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, declined 600,000 bbl during the week ended Oct. 24 compared with the previous week’s total, according to the US Energy Information Administration’s Weekly Petroleum Status Report.
- Dubai-based MEGlobal International FZE, a subsidiary of Kuwait’s first international petrochemical joint venture Equate Petrochemical Co., has let a long-term contract to Praxair Inc., Danbury, Conn., to supply industrial gases to its monoethylene glycol (MEG) plant now under construction at Dow Chemical Co.’s currently expanding Oyster Creek petrochemical complex in Freeport, Tex.
- [at noodls] - (GLOBE NEWSWIRE via COMTEX) --FINDLAY, Ohio, Oct. 26, 2016 - Marathon Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: MPC) announced today that its board of directors declared a dividend of $0.36 per share on common stock. ...
- Mark Koeppen has been admitted as a principal within Deloitte Consulting’s CFO strategy practice.
- Philip Luna has joined Amec Foster Wheeler PLC as senior vice-president, business development for its Americas business, effective immediately.
- BP Oman said Phase 1 of its massive Khazzan natural gas project in the desert 350 km south of Muscat is 80% complete and on track to start gas deliveries in late 2017. The tight gas project began in 2014 and is expected to eventually contribute about 33% of Oman’s gas supply.
- The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) authorized the production startup on Ivar Aasen field in the North Sea. Aker BP AS, the operator, has scheduled the field in 360 ft of water to come on stream during December.
- New Zealand Refining Co. Ltd. (Refining NZ), the country’s sole refiner, has entered an agreement with New Zealand’s Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority (EECA) to further reduce the carbon footprint of its 107,000-b/d Marsden Point refinery at Northland, 160 km north of Auckland.
- Carrizo Oil & Gas Inc. has agreed to acquire 15,000 net acres in the Eagle Ford shale of South Texas from an affiliate of fellow Houston firm Sanchez Energy Corp. for $181 million in cash.
- Statoil ASA has cancelled a contract with Stena Drilling Ltd. for the Stena Don semisubmersible. The cancellation will take effect after plugging activity on Troll field has been completed in November.
- Patrick G. Cooke has been selected by Clayton Williams Energy Inc., Midland, Tex., as its senior vice-president and chief operating officer effective Oct. 31.
- Clayton Williams Energy Inc., Midland, Tex., has agreed to sell its assets in the Giddings area of east-central Texas to an undisclosed third party for $400 million.
- Light, sweet crude oil prices dropped on the New York market Oct. 24 as did Brent crude oil prices on the London market on growing concerns about whether the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries will be able to reach agreement on a proposed production cut.
- Jaime R. Casas joined Clayton Williams Energy Inc., Midland, Tex., as senior vice-president and chief financial officer on Oct. 1.
Investors Attention Alert: Precision Drilling Corporation (NYSE:PDS) , Marathon Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:MPC) - WsNews 4investorsInvestors Attention Alert: Precision Drilling Corporation (NYSE:PDS) , Marathon Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:MPC)
Precision Drilling Corporation (NYSE:PDS) initiated the shares trading at $4.93 and showed negative change of -0.62% while the stock's final trade was registered at $ 4.78. However, its previous closing price was seen at $4.81. The stock negotiated ...and more »
- Stock Focus: Marathon Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:MPC) Price Target Update
In the most recent trading session, Marathon Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:MPC) shares saw a move of -0.70%. Covering Wall Street analysts have a consensus target price of $49.68 on the stock. Target predictions might differ vastly from analyst to analyst.and more »
Scorching Hot Basic Materials Tape: Newmont Mining Corporation (NEM), Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) - The Independent RepublicThorold News
Scorching Hot Basic Materials Tape: Newmont Mining Corporation (NEM), Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC)
The Independent Republic
Newmont Mining Corporation (NEM) ended last trading session with a change of -1.4 percent. It trades at an average volume of 6.78M shares versus 5.19M shares recorded at the end of last trading session. The share price of $35.84 is at a distance of 123 ...
Trader Alert: Newmont Mining Corporation (NEM), Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC), QEP Resourc
- Buckeye Partners LP has agreed to acquire 50% equity interest in the holding company of VTTI BV for $1.15 billion. VTTI is a Vitol Group company.
- NuStar Energy LP has agreed to purchase crude oil and refined product storage assets in the Port of Corpus Christi, Tex., from Martin Midstream Partners LP for $93 million. The deal is expected to close by yearend.
- DTE Energy Co., Detroit, has completed its $1.3-billion acquisition of midstream natural gas assets in Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
- Stone Energy Corp., Lafayette, La., will file Chapter 11 by Dec. 9 and sell its properties in the Appalachia basin to Ft. Worth investment firm Tug Hill Inc. for $360 million in cash.
- Belayim Petroleum Co. (Petrobel), a joint venture of wholly owned Eni SPA subsidiary IEOC Production BV and Egyptian General Petroleum Corp., has let a contract to a division of Siemens AG to provide processing equipment for a gas plant connected to the first-phase development of deepwater Zohr natural gas field on the the Shorouk block offshore Egypt.
- AltaGas Ltd. of Calgary has reached final investment decision (FID) to move forward with construction of the company’s proposed North Pine propane extraction plant about 40 km northwest of Fort St. John, BC.
Stock Returns: Marathon Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:MPC) versus Valero Energy Corporation (NYSE:VLO) - CML NewsStock Returns: Marathon Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:MPC) versus Valero Energy Corporation (NYSE:VLO)
This is a snapshot to compare the stock returns for Marathon Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:MPC) versus Valero Energy Corporation (NYSE:VLO) . The stock return points we compare look at the last three-months, six-months and twelve-months. At the end of ...and more »
- Analysts Give Price Target To Marathon Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:MPC) $49.727
The one year price target for Marathon Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:MPC) is at $49.727 according to Wall Street sell-side analysts. This happens to be the consensus average, which is based on 11 firms who have in recent times issued reports on the equity.and more »
- American Midstream Partners LP has agreed to acquire 100% of JP Energy Partners LP in a unit-for-unit merger, creating a $2-billion midstream master limited partnership (MLP) with primary operations in the Permian, Eagle Ford, Bakken, and Gulf of Mexico.
- Venezuela’s national oil company likely will be a significant force if reforms are launched successfully to repair the badly damaged national economy and living conditions, speakers at an Oct. 18 Brookings Institution discussion generally agreed. But some also questioned whether Petroleos de Venezuela SA (PDVSA) itself has been damaged so badly by years of neglected operations that foreign partners will demand significantly improved working terms before signing new agreements.
- Top Earnings to Watch for: Marathon Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:MPC)
The Voice Registrar
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:MPC) got boosted by 2.42 per cent through the trading floor to reach at $44.09 as its next quarterly earnings report date is October 27, 2016. MPC stock is keeping its price in the $42.56 to $44.27 range before ...
- According to data from the American Petroleum Institute, total US petroleum deliveries, a measure of petroleum demand, rose 1% in September from the same period last year, but were down 2.6% from August to average 19.6 million b/d. September deliveries were the highest deliveries for the month in 9 years.
- According to data from the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), short positions in West Texas Intermediate crude oil futures contracts held by producers or merchants totaled more than 540,000 as of Oct. 11, the most since 2007.
- 50-day Moving Average Of Marathon Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:MPC) At $42.35
The market professionals have sited average price target of $49.68 on Marathon Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:MPC) stock. This mark, which is predicted to be smash in 1-year, is equalled mean of forecaster calls in First Call survey. Quarterly EPS is ...and more »
- Adelaide-headquartered Santos Ltd. has agreed to sell all its remaining Victorian assets to fellow Adelaide company Cooper Energy Ltd. for up to $82 million (Aus.).
- Sentinel Peak Resources California LLC, backed by Denver-based private equity Quantum Energy Partners, has agreed to buy Freeport-McMoRan Inc.'s (FMMR) onshore oil and gas assets in California for $742 million.
- Gastar Exploration Inc., Houston, will develop 60 wells in its Kingfisher County, Okla., STACK play acreage. The drilling program will target the Meramec and Osage formations within the Mississippi Lime in three townships covering 18,000 net undeveloped acres.
- Light, sweet crude oil prices gained modestly to settle at $50.85/bbl for the December contract on the New York market Oct. 21, but prices were staying flat on Oct. 24 after Iraqi oil officials said they expect to be excluded from a proposed production cut by the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries.
- Venezuela's turmoil shows no signs of being resolved anytime soon, two speakers agreed during an Oct. 14 discussion at the Inter-American Dialogue in Washington, DC. They said indications that some of the current top officials at state-run Petroleos de Venezuela SA (PDVSA) are trying to be more pragmatic with foreign partners may be the only recent encouraging development.
- Yearly EPS Estimate Of Marathon Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:MPC) At $2.81
Zacks closed a poll in which analysts from numerous brokerages participated and gave their opinions on different stocks. As per poll, Marathon Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:MPC) has a rating of 1.93 based on 11 calls. Stocks get rating on a 1-5 scale ...and more »
Comprehensive Stock Analysis of: Marathon Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:MPC)
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:MPC) will report its next earnings on 27-Oct-16. The company reported the earnings of $1.07/Share in the last quarter where the estimated EPS by analysts was $0.97/share. The difference between the expected and ...
Ruling stocks in today's market: Marathon Petroleum Corporation (:MPC)The News Journal
Esteemed Stock For Institutional Holders: Marathon Petroleum Cor
Follow @MarathonPetrol_ on Twitter!