- The Tardis lands in New York where the Doctor will battle aliens alongside a masked vigilante in the "Doctor Who Christmas Special: The Return of Doctor Mysterio," airing Christmas Day.
- US intelligence agencies think Russia wanted to aid a Trump victory with hacks during the election, say reports. Trump's transition team fires back.
- Apple wants to give you movies two weeks after they debut in theaters. Are you ready for 'Super Mario Run'? And is the Apple Watch really selling that well?
- The first documentary from Apple has finally arrived — and it has nothing to do with iPhones or Macs...
- An Apple Watch was sold every 13 seconds and an iPhone 7 was sold every 30 seconds in the U.S. on eBay
- Microsoft is joining Google and Amazon in the race for your home...
- The tech industry is the source of great wealth in San Francisco. Could it also help the city's least fortunate?
- Among the superheroes and sequels (and superhero sequels) a host of sci-fi, fantasy, animated and action treats are heading for the big screen.
- Silicon Valley's tech titans clashed with powerful European institutions time and again in 2016. Next year looks to be no different.
- These days, keeping up with games can be a full-time job. So how do you separate the signal from the noise, the wheat from the chaff, the Temple Runs from the Temple Jumps? Allow us to help by regularly selecting a game You Should Play.I love puzzle games. I especially like timed puzzle games, because I’m an insanely competitive person and I always want to win (even if it’s against myself). But constantly competing takes its toll—sometimes you need a game that offers no in
- These are the movies we're geeking out for in 2017.
- The Macalope can’t believe he has to come in to work on a Saturday to explain basic math to people. (Yes, he really writes these Saturday columns on Friday but just go with it.)Writing for Silicon Valley Business Journal, Luke Stangel claims “Activations of Google Pixel beat the iPhone on Black Friday, kind of.” (Tip o’ the antlers to @designheretic.)Or kind of not.
New activations of Google’s flagship smartphone, the Pixel, spiked 112 percent over the Black Friday
- Apple headlines for the week ending Dec. 9, 2016Taking a break from holiday shopping? Great. You can check out the important Apple headlines from the past week in this slideshow. Click on the link to get more information.<a href="http://www.macworld.com/article/3147883/macbook/new-macbook-pros-plagued-by-complaints-about-battery-life-and-graphics-glitches.html" target="_blank">From Macworld:</a>An email sent in response to a user regarding the graphics problem by Apple software engin
- Most MacBook Pro apps that have implemented support for the new Touch Bar have focused on putting settings, editing tools, and other utilitarian features right at a user's fingertips, but a new app from developer Graham Parks aims to have a little more fun with it.The "Touch Bar Piano" app is designed to turn the Touch Bar on the MacBook Pro into a little tiny touch-based piano that can be used to make music.Available on Parks' website, Touch Bar Piano is fully polyphonic and offers 128 instrume
- Electric vehicle upstart Faraday Future dribbles out more teasers for its first car, this time with a video showing it racing a Ferrari, a Bentley and a Tesla.
- New and noteworthy appsThis week’s roundup includes a new and creative way to learn about how the White House works. Read on!16001600 (free, iPhone and iPad) is a playful way for people to learn about American democracy, even if American democracy doesn’t feel so playful these days. Point your phone’s camera at George Washington on the $1 bill, and you’ll be swept away on a virtual tour of the White House.To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please cl
- Apple has debuted two new television ad for Apple Watch Series 2...
- HBO won't comment on the rumor about UFC fighter Conor McGregor joining the cast as a mute pirate, but here are six others who'd be worthy of Westeros.
- The much-anticipated mobile game may require an always-on internet connection, according to an interview with the game's producer.
- CNET's friendly neighborhood Spider-Man experts answer the questions you're asking about the new trailer.
- The city's board of supervisors passed a bill that cracked down on the number of nights people could rent out their homes. The mayor just tossed it.
- Whether you're looking for the best fitness tracker, stocking stuffer or smart home device this holiday season, find the perfect tech gift in one of these videos.
- Touch Bar Piano is a piano built into the Touch Bar of new MacBook Pro models...
- With 93 percent of all recalled Galaxy Note 7 devices returned in the US, Samsung is taking an even more dramatic step to bring in the rest.
- When Apple unveiled the iPhone 7, much ado was made over the new model’s missing headphone jack. But Cupertino had a solution to assuage those worries: a pair of $159 Bluetooth earphones called AirPods that would ship just a few weeks after the new iPhones. But October came and went without an AirPods release date, and now that the holidays are upon us, it’s clear that Apple’s cord-free earphones just aren’t ready for the public yet. So what’s going on?
- The carriers, unlike Verizon Wireless, will release a software update after the holidays to make Samsung's device unusable.
- The iPad Mini 2 has most of the Apple goodies you love, while being the cheapest iPad you can buy.
- Apple has published the latest edition of its biannual report on Government Information Requests...
- Apple's CEO will send off the graduating class of 2017 at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Jill Schlesinger was kind enough to spend some of her birthday with us today to give her thoughts on the post-election economy. She also breaks down bond values, the Fitbit acquisition of Pebble and why it's OK to let your dog sleep in the same bed as you.
- Among other things during his radio program, Mac, iPhone, and iPad user Rush Limbaugh...
- A luminous memory surfaces through tragedy as a Facebook search reunites a grieving woman with anextraordinary photo of her with her boyfriend.
To avoid explosions and fires, Samsung wants to brick every Galaxy Note 7 in North America; Verizon refuses to release the softwareVerizon will not be releasing a just-announced Galaxy Note 7 software update designed to kill the dangerous...
- If you act fast, you might be able to snag one of those 'lil $60 retro consoles.
- These are my personal picks for the best, coolest, and most noteworthy laptops of the year.
- via 9to5MacThe new MacBook Pro with Touch Bar has been available for a few weeks now … and the inevitable has finally happened. Graham Parks has made a nifty little Mac app to play piano on the Touch Bar display that is available to download. It puts a polyphonic keyboard in the center of the Touch Bar which you can then tap on and play notes.
The free app is obviously meant as a bit of fun but amusingly includes a few settings to add some depth to the experience. Video dem
- Commentary: Developed by former Samsung engineers, the Opus One "smart" umbrella is a fine idea. Or is it?
- Throughout the holiday season, B&H Photo is offering discounts on a range of Apple products, including Macs, iPads, and the Apple Watch.
B&H Photo is discounting 2015 and 2016 MacBook Pro models by up to $200. B&H isn't offering discounts on the new Touch Bar models, but there are discounts on upgraded non-Touch Bar models.2016:
- 13-inch 2.0GHz/16GB RAM/256GB SSD (Space Gray) - $1,699, down from $1,749 ($50 off)
- 13-inch 2.0GHz/8GB RAM/256GB SSD (Space Gray) - $1,449, down from $1,
- via 9to5MacThe original documentary ‘808: The Movie’ which covers the history and broad influence of Roland’s TR-808 drum machine is now available for Apple Music subscribers.more…
Filed under: Apple
- Now multiple users on a single account can get tailored viewing preferences.
- Talking trailers the morning after a holiday party is super rough.
- For this week's giveaway, we've teamed up with Pad & Quill to offer MacRumors readers a chance to win a huge prize package that includes a range of Pad & Quill products for the iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch, and MacBook. All of Pad & Quill's products are made from high-quality leather and are hand assembled.The Pad & Quill holiday giveaway includes a Roll Top Leather Backpack, an Oxford Leather iPad Pro case for the 9.7-inch iPad Pro, a Woodline iPhone case, a Luxury Pocketbook iPhon
- The president is reportedly seeking answers before he leaves office in January.
- And even after that you won't need to do much to keep this $30,000 EV running like a top.
AirPods: MIA for the holidays; delayed product damages Apple’s credibility, stokes customer frustrationCole Kinnard has been pining for Apple Inc.’s wireless AirPod headphones since September...
- Samsung's on a roll! After adding a cool, blue shade to the S7 Edge's color scheme, it's back with another take on black.
Lazy Apple. It’s not hard to imagine Steve Jobs asking, ‘What have you been doing for the last four years?’Steve Jobs didn’t judge people solely on the quality of their work...
- There are new titles being added to lots of services. Find out what you should watch this weekend.
- I like Safari. I’ve used Apple’s web browser for most of my work since it was released...
Follow @Apple_Newsl on Twitter!