ESPN has reportedly laid off 100 people today, including some long-time on-air personalities. Twitter is actively watching Sage Steele’s timeline now.
So far only a handful of recognizable ESPN employees have announced they were among the many to be let go. But many people sitting by idly to see if former NBA Countdown anchor Sage Steele is one of them.
She’s usually pretty active on Twitter throughout the day, but some have noticed that she’s been quiet today. Some are assumin
- Lil Yachty‘s father, Shannon McCollum didn’t appreciate the unfavorable things Joe Budden had to say about his son earlier this week.
Budden took issue with the album cover for Yachty’s debut Teenage Emotions. His eyes, like so many others zeroed in on the two dudes in the upper left corner kissing each other. Coupling that with his personal opinion about Yachty’s music, Budden concluded that not only was Yachty gay but also “not Hip-Hop.”
Yachty, who is used
- Kobe Bryant might have sailed off into the sunset and settling well into basketball retirement en route to a definite first-ballot NBA Hall of Fame entry. However, the “Mamba” still has some tricks up his sleeve and showed off some little-known comic chops after delivering a poem inspired by sitcom nerd, Steve Urkel on The Tonight Show.
Just when we thought Bryant would be off playing with his daughters and traveling the world with his wife, Vanessa, who knew that the Los A
- A group of former NYPD officers is facing charges of taking high-end bribes to speed up the process for approving gun licenses in the city. The retired officers, along with an assistant district attorney, accepted such gifts as prostitutes, trips to Mexico, meals and other gifts from their clientele.
NBC News reports:
John Chambers, 62, an assistant district attorney in the 1980s and now the self-styled “Top Firearms Licensing Attorney in New York,” was charged in Manhattan fede
- Remember when we shared the news that Mary J. Blige‘s ex, Kendu Issacs, spent a grip of the Queen of Hip-Hop Soul’s cash on an unnamed girlfriend? Chatter from the rumor mill points to a possibility that Blige’s young protege, Starshell, is the other woman in question and the reason for the divorce drama heating up.
Sources told Page Six that Isaacs cheated on Blige with Starshell, 28, an up-and-coming artist Blige signed to her Matriarch Entertainment record l
- For all the hate he gets thrown at him, you have to respect how Lil Yachty always finds a way to respond, quickly.
The latest person in the crowd to throw a tomato at the red-haired rapper is MC-turned-music commentator Joe Budden. In an episode of his Everyday Struggle show with DJ Akademiks, Budden called Yachty a troll and furthered the argument that the teenage entertainer is “f*cking up Hip-Hop.”
“I don’t think that Yachty is hip-hop,” Budden said. “
- Marshawn Lynch is coming out of retirement. Reports says Beast Mode will sign a 2-year with the Raiders.
ESPN’s Adam Schefter broke the news.
Marshawn Lynch is getting a two-year deal from the Raiders, per source.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 26, 2017Lynch retired from the NFL, after playing for the Buffalo Bills and the Seattle Seahawks, back in 2015, but formally announced it a year later.
— Shawn Lynch (@MoneyLynch)
- Interviews with the two officers responsible for killing 13-year old Tamir Rice have surfaced. The one who didn’t pull the trigger says they didn’t know it was a kid, obviously. The videos are separate investigative interviews with officers Timothy Loehmann and Frank Garmback that were conducted days after the killing. In them, homicide detectives and internal affairs officers are asking questions about the moments leading up to the fatal shooting. Not surprisingly, the statemen
- Those Kardashians stay hustling after men of color, or is it the other way around? Anyway, Kylie Jenner aka Tyga’s financial sponsor, allegedly, is now kicking it with rapper Travis Scott.
After being spotted holding hands at Coachella, the pair was courtside at last night’s NBA Rockets playoff game.
The rapper was courtside in Houston Tuesday night for the Rockets-Thunder game and must’ve thought rubbing Kylie’s inner thigh would bring his hometow
- And for a Kickstarter pledge of $3,000 the creator of the game will take you out for tea.
- Charlamagne Tha God made his first appearance on ESPN’s First Take this week and went to verbal blows with show co-host Stephen A. Smith over Colin Kaepernick. At issue was Smith’s criticism of Kaepernick’s protest because the NFL quarterback didn’t vote in the past election to which the radio host took umbrage with.
After First Take moderator Molly Qerim took notice of Charlamagne’s Colin Kaepernick shirt, he quickly mentioned that’s why he gave Smith one of
Curren$y “Chu Saiyan,” Jeremih ft. Chris Brown & Big Sean “I Think Of You” & More | Daily Visuals 4.25.17Curren$y’s love for whips and especially lowrider’s has been well documented via his visuals and today is no exception.
In “Chy Saiyan” Spitta sparks up alongside the object of his affection which is laced with the Cinderella spinnin’ rims. That’s right, Spitta’s retroing the Sprewell spinners and we can’t even hate on that.
Jeremih takes it back to the days of boombox’s, four-finger rings, and flat top fades in the Chris Brown and Big S
- Today (April 25), Hot 97 announced the announced the Stadium Stage line-up for its annual marquee event, Summer Jam. Some of the headlining acts include Migos, Chris Brown and Desiigner.
Summer Jam goes down Sunday, June 11 at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey. The rest of the acts gracing the Stadium Stage include Faith Evans, who will be presenting a 20 year of the Notorious BIG tribute, Fat Joe & Remy Ma, DJ Khaled & Friends, Trey Songz, French Montana & Fr
- A new study is stating that out of all of the popular American music genres, Rap actually has the least amount of drug references while Country has the most.The study was conducted by Addiction.com and published exclusively for Newsweek. Using the Songmeanings API lyrics database, they studied music categorized as Rap, Rock, Country, Pop, EDM, Jazz, Folk and other. In their research, they found that among the seven drugs studied [weed, ecstasy, cocaine, pills, acid, meth and heroin], weed w
- The New York rap scene doesn’t seem to get much respect from out of state fans these days. And apparently one of its own homegrown artists had some choice words for the way the NYC radio airwaves are run.
In a now deleted post, Brooklyn rapper Desiigner tweeted “F*ck NY RADIO” accompanied by four middle-finger emojis on April 22.
Unfortunately for him, someone took a screenshot before he took it down and it’s now made its rounds on social media and eventually founds its&n
- Stuntin’ with copious amounts of federal notes, foreign whips and beautiful women is the norm for plenty of rappers (more times than not their bank accounts don’t match, but that’s for another time). However, 2 Chainz took his own humble bragging to a more righteous level by revealing that he brought his a mother a new house.
To be clear, the Hair Weave Killer had already brought his momma a new house before, this is the re-up.
“So I bought my moms a new house today
- Chance The Rapper has always unapologetically claimed his independence, but now he’s actually mocking the major labels.
Chance The Rapper kicked off his Be Encouraged Tour in San Diego last night. Of course, his fans were all over social media gushing about how great the show was. But it seems like the biggest hit of the night wasn’t even a song, but the stage set up. As he started his song “No Problems,” Chance was backed by a large screen mocking major labels and r
- Kingsman: The Secret Service may not have been a huge commercial hit but it does have its share of fans who’ve been patiently waiting on a sequel for the 2014 British spy agency flick.
The wait is officially over and the trailer to Kingsman: The Golden Circle teases an action-comedy sequel that could very well be better than its predecessor.
Starring Taron Egerton and Mark Strong, Kingsman: The Golden Circle finds the two agents looking to avenge the destruction of their Kingsman headquart
- Dion Waiters has always been loved [and hated] for his on-court attitude, but now everyone is cheering for him.Today, Waiters became the latest athlete to pen an article for Derek Jeter’s The Players Tribune where professional and retired athletes get to tell their own stories in their own words.His piece, “The NBA Is Lucky I’m At Home Doing Damn Articles,” talks about the time he spoke with Miami Heat general manager and Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley. Before joining the t
- Migos, Rae Sremmurd, Ty Dolla $ign and E-40 will also be gracing the stage.
- Mike WiLL Made-It delivered the first two singles of Kendrick Lamar’s DAMN. album. But what if he told you that he produced “HUMBLE” with Gucci Mane in mind?In an interview with NPR’s Rodney Carmichael, Mike WiLL broke down how each of his three beats, “HUMBLE,” “DNA” and “XXX” featuring U2 came to be.For “XXX,” didn’t know what to expect. He says that both he and Kendrick have both met and lunched with Bono befor
- Now everyone can be a genius!
- UPDATE: The event will feature a special tribute to The Notorious B.I.G.
- Serena Williams defied the laws of nature after winning her record-breaking Grand Slam title at the top of the year while two months pregnant. Former tennis player and current coach Ilie Natase allegedly made a racist comment towards Williams’ unborn child, which prompted the living tennis legend to hit back with an eloquent Instagram post defending her seed as only a mother would.Natase, 70, uttered the statement during the Fed Cup contest in Romania last week, this after the Romania
- The ATL producer provided the backdrop for three songs off "DAMN."
- Max B’s been locked up for a minute now but thanks to French Montana his name still rings bells in the rap game. Keeping the wavy rapper on the airwaves like a true friend, French got Max on the horn with Funk Master Flex.
Wavy Crockett didn’t just confirm that he was “working on” coming home sooner rather than later, but French chimed in to let Flex know that they also had some new material on the way.
“Max B, French Montana, The Weeknd, produced by Harry Fraud &nd
- Big Boi debuted his new single “Mic Jack” to a television audience with a performance on The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon.
Big Boi’s promo run officially launched last night with a groovy performance of his new single, backed up by his crew of Sleepy Brown, Scar, Keisha Jackson and DJ Cutmaster Swiff. The house band The Roots added to the backdrop with some live instrumentation.
Missing was Adam Levine who appears on the song’s hook, but his presence is sure to get the
- EXCLUSIVE: Producer L.T. Hutton details the upcoming Tupac biopic's soundtrack. Double Disc? Possible high-profile guest appearances from Lil Wayne to Kendrick Lamar? Hurry up and take our money.
- Is Lil Yachty runing Hip Hop culture?
- In honor of the one-year anniversary of "LEMONADE."
- EXCLUSIVE: Kool Keith, Dan The Automator and DJ Qbert have been back in the lab.
- Nailed that coffin.
- Beyonce is celebrating the one year anniversary of her LEMONADE album by launching a new scholarship fund for young women.
Beyonce‘s music already does a lot to empower the women who listen to it, but now she is actually giving some tangible tools and resources to young women looking to upgrade themselves. Her new “Formation Scholars” fund will assist college-aged women who are either incoming, current, or graduating students. It is especially geared towards women she describes
- Talib Kweli has become just as known for his strong opinions along with still having the ability to release quality music projects. While en route to a flight, the Brooklyn rapper was asked his thoughts on President Donald Trump‘s first 100 days in office and offered a shocking theory as to how the business mogul rose to power.
Kweli was confronted by TMZ cameras and while he kept it moving the entire time, the veteran MC used the moment to express some interesting angles. He said tha
- "I am in tears and my heart is heavy," captioned the West Coast MC and actor in an Instagram post.
- Drake stays securing the bag. The 6 God will be hosting the first annual NBA Awards.
New podcast with @Drake is out! He talked about things you haven't heard anywhere else. Now headed into practice! https://t.co/z8h8rCEowx
— John Calipari (@UKCoachCalipari) January 26, 2017Yes, it’s kind of old news, but the NBA made the formal announcement today (April 25). The NBA Awards on TNT will air Monday, June 26, after the Playoffs. It goes down at Basketball City a
- Shea Moisture caught the fury and wrath of every other Black woman on social media Monday for their “Everybody Gets Love” ad.
While the ad may have been intended to invite all cultures and ethnicities to use their products, their original base of customers didn’t appreciate how the commercial seemed to leave them out.
SheaMoisture is CANCELLED pic.twitter.com/T4Dru1JgAq
— NANA JIBRIL 🌙🏳️🌈 (@girlswithtoys) April 24, 2017In a s
- Kendrick Lamar doesn’t have a lot to be “Humble” about these days. His single and the entire DAMN. album is setting the Billboard charts on fire.
The Mike Will-Made It-produced single dethroned Ed Sheeran’s “Shape Of You” to take over the top spot. “Humble” debuted at #3 when it was released, inched up to #2 last week and is now at the top of the heap. Kendrick’s last #1 single came via his guest spot on Taylor Swift’s “Bad Blood.
- Amber Rose is going to be Amber Rose. With that said, pray for Atlanta rap outfit Migos.
While at Coachella at the Empire Polo Club, Rose wore fishnet and had the Migos…intrigued.There was also this…The situation even made Love & Hip Hop: New York alum Cardi B react since she’s involved with Offset and the Internet is always here for the petty.
The post With Amber Rose Around, Pray For Migos appeared first on Hip-Hop Wired.
- He shoots, he scores ... another gig.
- The story of Tha Dogg Pound could be heading to TV.
- Plus a live performance from Chance The Rapper, a new video from Curren$y, a brand new single from Shabazz Palaces, and Wale in a video for "Dilemma" featuring PnB Rock.
- And it may have gotten him played on the radio because of it.
- Organized Noize reportedly co-produced the entire LP.
- What do Mike WiLL Made-It and Donald Trump have in common?
- Not even trippin'.
- Drunk driver just almost smashed the shit out of me on my side.
- Young Thug might have an eclectic style to himself, but he still parties like the raunchiest of men.
His visuals to “All The Time” perfectly captures both of those elements as Thugger throws the kind of rager that leads to “Dear Penthouse” material while decked out in floral print clothing.
Faith finally drops the first visual off the much anticipated Biggie duet album, The King And I, and in “Legacy” visits Brooklyn and uses some home video clips of Big
- The Woke General of the light skin nation, actor Jesse Williams, is getting divorced. Despite this sad news for devout believers in Black Love, many women see this as an opportunity to shoot their shot.
Williams quietly filed for divorce from his wife of five years, Aryn Drake-Lee, and the couple is reportedly trying to keep their split private. However, the Internet has no chill, and Thirsty Single Women Twitter and Let’s Speculate On The Tea Twitter is running amok at the news.
- While some Jordan heads aren’t too fond of the Air Jordan XIII’s a la 21 Savage, there are still many that feel it was one of the last, if not thee last, designs that was worthy of the hype the illustrious line continually produced.
Aside from being the model that his Airness donned while leading the Chicago Bull to their second Championship three-peat before retiring, the AJ 13’s silhouette became a fan favorite. Some of those elements include small design details such as the
Follow @Hip_Hop_News_US on Twitter!