It’s been a little over six months since the terrible event that occurred at Pulse Nightclub in Orlando, Florida. Gunman Omar Mateen opened fire in the nightclub and brutally murdered 49 innocent victims, the effects of which are still felt in the community. Mateen was gunned down by police during a shootout after the gruesome murders.
Now, San Francisco police have arrested Mateen’s wife, Noor Salman, and have charged her with “obstruction of justice and with aiding and a
- Today’s a big day indeed for Mesto fans! Fresh off dropping his new collaboration with Fox Stevenson, “Chatterbox,” he’s also taken the time to drop in with a 50-minute long mix on his SoundCloud for our friends 1001 Tracklists.
“Chatterbox” comes via Spinnin’ Records and might just be the perfect, bouncy new track to keep you warm and cozy on a dreary January evening. The percussion is tight and combines nicely with the melodic
- Pre-recorded sets aren’t exactly unheard of in dance music (as much as they are looked down upon), but even then, it’s a whole other sin entirely to play someone else’s mix in your set.
Such was the setting at South Korea’s Octagon club, voted the #5 club in the world and #1 club in Asia in 2016, when G-Park and Charles took the stage. Imagine hundreds of fans at your beck and call, waiting for the drop to come, when suddenly… you hear Hardwell’s voice?
- The Who Is MALAA mix series has quickly become one of my favorite recurring mix series from any DJ due to the mysterious producer’s knack for surprising us with boatloads of IDs within his bumping gangster beats.
Who Is MALAA #14 is no different. In fact, he might have just outdone himself with a whomping 5 IDs in 32 minutes that not even our good friends over at 1001Tracklists can seem to figure out. Kicking off with one of the tracks we do know, “Dial-Up” by Le
- Being reported now by the Turkish media, the man responsible for killing 39 people on New Year’s Eve at a Turkey nightclub, Abdulgadir Masharipov, has been apprehended alive by police.
Photos allegedly showing him after the arrest have him looking bloodied up. He is said to have been caught in the Istanbul district of Esenyurt by a “police operation.” He was found with his 4-year-old son, whom he’d taken with him after going on the run.
- Yesterday, From First To Last released “Make War,” which featured the highly-anticipated return of bandmate Sonny Moore, AKA Skrillex, on vocals. The release conveniently coincided with Sonny’s birthday, and now it seems more details are pointing to a permanent reunion.
The band’s official Instagram offers a single upload to contemplate, but the bio prompts more curiosity by listing each of the current band members’ accounts: Sonny Moore, Matt Good, Travis Rich
- The second of Pendulum’s live tour dates was just revealed by the group in a Facebook video this morning.
Following the first news last year that Pendulum would be performing live at Nova Rock Festival, the group has revealed they will be playing London’s SW4 festival this August.
A post by the group last week suggest this is really only the beginning. A swathe of London summer tour dates are expected at major festivals. Unfortunately, there’s no indication at this time that th
- The annual Shaky Beats festival returns in 2017 with a lineup that should make anyone’s jaw drop. With headlining performances from The Chainsmokers, Kaskade and Griz, as well as a stacked undercard featuring Flosstradamus, Zeds Dead, Galantis and more, you’d be crazy to not want to go.
Your EDM is helping one lucky fan to win a pair of GA passes to Shaky Beats 2017. Enter the contest below to be eligible to win and go to the festival May 5-7.
Image via Shaky Beats
- A new study performed by the Altravita IVF clinic in Moscow, Russia, suggests that high-energy electronic music supports growth and development of embryos conceived through In Vitro Fertilization. Though this isn’t the first time research has suggested future humans react to music (vaginal speakers are a thing), this new study is being hailed as groundbreaking.
In the study, 758 eggs were left to develop in silence, while another group of 758 eggs were subjected to a constan
- If you weren’t already aware, yesterday was OWSLA head honcho Skrillex’s birthday, celebrating 29 blissful years on this Earth. For his fans, Skrillex gave the gift of a brand new From First To Last song, the first one featuring his voice in 10 years.
For Skrillex, his friends threw him a surprise party.surprise party for @Skrillex ..pic.twitter.com/jRkDqOr2Xb
— S•W•R•V (@enJOYRYDE) January 16, 2017Captured by Joyryde last night, Skrillex enters what looks like a
- Official reports have come in regarding the deadly nightclub shooting at the Blue Parrot last night during BPM Festival in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. Five have died, and fifteen injured and sent to hospitals.
The terror began around midnight PT when shots were heard at the Blue Parrot nightclub and people began running into the street in a frenzy. In the turmoil, many were injured or shot. It is believed that the violence may have been caused by the cartels.Balacera en BLUE PARROT en el
- Reports are beginning to come in that shots have been fired at BPM Festival in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. At around midnight PST, an unknown gunman entered Blue Parrot during Elrow’s closing party.
At time of publishing, it is not confirmed how many people are injured or dead. Early reports suggest as many as six dead, with most reports ranging between 3-6.
More details to come as the situation develops. All tweets are unconfirmed as of now.
UPDATE: It’s possible there may h
- Today is Skrillex’s 29th Birthday! Arguably the most influential producer of modern times, not only in electronic music, but music overall, is one year closer to the big three-oh. Skrillex has been a fierce proponent of pushing electronic music’s boundaries into the mainstream, doing so by working with a plethora of rappers like The Game and Rick Ross, including five tracks on Justin Bieber’s grammy-nominated album of the year Purpose amongst much, much more.
- Several months ago, we were fairly shocked to learn that vinyl had actually supplanted digital downloads in terms of total sales for one week back in late November. While the combination of downloads losing traction due to the rise of streaming plus vinyl’s resurgence as a novelty gift might have explained that ‘anomaly,’ I’m sure you’ll be even more surprised to hear that vinyl is well on its way to becoming a billion-dollar industry by year’s
- Skrillex and From First To Last are finally back together again. Released on Sonny’s 29th birthday, the group’s new single, “Make War,” features all the power of teenage angst that 20-somethings will surely appreciate. Combined with Sonny Moore’s sudden, but highly-anticipated return to the group, it’s safe to say this is a song a lot of people have been waiting for.
Check it out below and happy 29th birthday, Skrillex!This article was first published on
- Every year, on January 15th, the dance music community celebrates the birthday of one of (if not the most) iconic figures within the space: Skrillex.
Today, Sonny Moore turns 29-years-young and EVERYONE is showing him love; from SiriusXM, to Slushii, Zedd, Marshmello, and more, we all have something in common to say today: Happy Birthday, Skrillex, and thank you for all you’ve done!happy birthday g.. @Skrillex .. every year u spend on this earth is a blessing for us all.
- When the Skrillex and Korn collaboration,”Get Up!” first dropped as the lead single on the metal band’s tenth album, The Path of Totality, fans of both artists were instantly drawn to the single’s intense energy and headbanging allure.
While the track did feature Skrillex’s production, it was also very much a rock song and thus fairly hard to play out. To solve that issue, Skrillex made a ‘Director’s Cut’ which he then uplo
- Last night, Tiësto began his annual marathon of astronomical birthday celebrations (his birthday is January 17th), and to mark the occasion, the City of Las Vegas decided to give him a little something special.
As the Dutch superstar stepped out of his Aston Martin and entered the lobby of the MGM Grand, County Commissioner Steve Sisolak presented him with the Key to the Las Vegas Strip. In addition, January 14th has been formally honored as “Tiësto Day.&rdquo
- Rising LA producer/DJ YULTRON first grabbed my attention with his “Tempura Roll” collaboration, which featured a whole host of talented producers on one single track. While that track was certainly an aggressive bass banger, with this release, YULTRON has taken a nod of inspiration from Donald Trump, vowing to ‘make electro great again.’
Unsurprisingly, this single is an electro house anthem styled very much along the late 2000s Wolfgang Gartner/Porter
- In its first seven days of public availability, Ed Sheeran’s “Shape Of You” amassed over 52 million plays (exactly 52,359,013 from Spotify), securing the song as having both the best first week, and one week total, ever.
The tropically influenced track beats out the previous record holders like Adele’s “Hello” at approximately 47 million plays in its first week, and Drake’s “One Dance” at 48 million plays for the best one week total. Not to m
- Another year has come and gone, and while 2016 was loaded with experiences both wonderful and trying, we’re excited to welcome the prospects of 2017 with open arms. As the year just begins to blossom, today happens to be the birthday of one of our favorite artists, the one and only Sonny Moore, AKA Skrillex.
To celebrate, Erick Castro has filmed another speed painting of the nicest sprite in town, and like his other work, it’s pretty damn incredible. Watch the video below as Castro&r
- Diplo has joined forces with Autoerotique for quite an unexpected collaboration to kickstart the year. Titled “Waist Time,” the track is decidedly bass house, marinated in the spirit of Diplo’s dancehall influence
The vocals are clearly the contribution of Diplo, as are characteristic embellishments like the drum line breakdown and alarm risers dribbling throughout the track, but the core of the track lies in the drop’s bass house, which is a fat and saucy dose of Autoero
- It’s the weekend and you’re hungry for some great music, right?! We have the perfect tune from Rochester, NY natives, Kopps. You may be familiar with these guys from our premiere about a year ago of their singles “My Gold” and “Dollas For Dimes”. There’s not really a genre to place them in because their sort of a melting pot of electronica, house, and even a little bit of Hip-Hop…and they do it very well!
Their latest single goes by the name
- A newly released report from Sensor Tower revealed the lists of top earning and most downloaded non-game apps during 2016, on both the App Store and Google Play. According to the results, music streaming apps dominated the year’s downloads, with Spotify coming out on top in both the App Store and Overall categories by revenue.
Pandora, the radio and randomized playlist streaming app, ranks No. 4 on the App Store and No. 3 on Google Play (and #5 overall) by revenue during 2016, with YouTube
- The Windish Agency and AM Only are companies behind some of the world’s biggest artists. They’re widely known as two of the best in the business, and their penchant for propelling musicians to the upper echelons of notoriety is nothing if not exceptional. Now, the two are formally coming together as Paradigm Talent Agency.
After successfully partnering in years past, the move seems like a no brainer, but the company’s already incredible list of clients just got a
- We recently reported Insomniac’s response to a lawsuit over their prescription drug policy for events, and their legal team is now accusing plaintiff Jon Corbett of drug smuggling. To be fair, these statements are from Insomniac’s legal representation at Sheppard Mullin, not Insomniac.
“Plaintiff has failed to put forward any evidence that he is disabled or how the alleged policy denied him access. Instead, this entire lawsuit appears to be motivated by a desire to make it
- Check out the latest from EDM's favorite frozen treat
- After a whopping nine months since his last post, Perth-based producer Willco has burst into the dance music scene with a hilarious and forehead-gripping mix chock full of memes, mash ups and even a few bangers. Titled “Literally Fuck Genres,” the 20-minute mix has already received more than 75,000 plays in just a few days and greatly surpassed all of Willco’s previous uploads.
Featuring a surprisingly fluid blend between some of the biggest tracks in dubstep, trap, a
- This Friday, January 13, saw an absolute tidal wave of new music pour out of the most popular streaming services for dance music. On Spotify, The Chainsmokers released their long-awaited track “Paris,” believed to be the next big radio hit for the duo. Tiesto teamed up with Bright Sparks to unveil “On My Way,” while Diplo paired with Autoerotique for an upbeat bass house heater “Waist Time.”
The XX and Pegboard Nerds released respective EPs on Friday, as Don D
- Seven Lions and Jason Ross offer up one of the best songs of the week with their new collaboration.
- Despite their prolonged rise to fame, the Pegboard Nerds are easily one of the most iconic names in dubstep that this decade has had to offer. Since 2011, the duo – comprised of Alexander Odden & Michael Parsberg – has penned hits for acts like Krewella, earned multiple Billboard spots and gained millions upon millions of plays on their originals (notably “Disconnected,” which is currently on its way to 30 million YouTube views).
Though the Pegboard Nerds sp
- DJs wearing costumes and helmets for their shows goes back a few decades. Kraftwerk popularized having a distinct look for live performances, and artists like Daft Punk, deadmau5, Marshmello, Cazzette, Headless Horseman, The Bloody Beetroots and many more have followed in their footsteps by wearing iconic helmets and masks.
Now, a rising bass producer duo has jumped on the helmet bandwagon. Barely Alive uploaded a video revealing a new helmet for their live performances,
- Alexis Ren is an exceptionally famous model with over 7.5 million followers on Instagram. Not that Instagram followers immediately make someone “famous,” but it’s not a terrible metric to begin with.
Ren has famously starred in other EDM music videos, including Afrojack’s “Hey” with Fais, with then-boyfriend Jay Alvarrez (who himself went on to star in Kygo’s music video for “Carry Me”). Considering Ren spends the majority of the music video
- Attendees of Asia’s massive music festival Djakarta Warehouse Project in early December were treated to an immense lineup and stunning stage design, courtesy of the largest event organizer in southeast Asia, Ismaya Live. In addition to sets from the likes of Hardwell, Martin Garrix, DJ Snake, Zedd and more, fans from around the globe got the chance to participate in the continent’s largest mannequin challenge.
During Yves V’s set on the main stage, 40,000 attendees packed
- During an interview this week with 92.3 AMP Radio, Grammy award-winning singer Ed Sheeran admitted that Rita Ora once helped him sneak into an Oscars party by posing as Calvin Harris.
“I went to an Oscars party at Madonna’s manager’s house by saying I was Calvin Harris. It was at a time when no one knew what he looked like. He was just the DJ name, and I was with my cousin and Rita Ora.”
Because it was during a time when DJs were less open about their public image, S
- In teasers for The Chainsmokers’ new song “Paris,” pretty much everyone on the internet agreed that it was Louane who was providing backing vocals on the track. It wasn’t even disputed. Some people thought it could have been Selena Gomez, but The Chainsmokers are known for taking on lesser known vocalists like XYLO, Rozes and Phoebe Ryan rather than a superstar, so that was quickly dismissed.
Instead, the vocalist/writer Emily Warren revealed herself to Billboar
- Flume teases us with some new music.
- Two Friends teamed up with Exit Friendzone and singer Natalola to create one of the catchier house tunes of last year “Overdose.” Since then, the track has been given its fair share of remixes, one of which by CRWNS caught my ears.
NOLA’s CRWNS is an emerging force in the future bass world so it wasn’t a surprise to see him given the stems for official remix duty and he’s certainly delivered with a vibrant, trapped out remix o
- Pandora's stats for 2016 revealed a few surprises
- By BENJAMIN BOLES
- Another one bites the dust
- By Kyle via Nibletz
- Stellar duo Grey has just come out with their first track of 2017, a stunning future bass ballad called “I Miss You,” featuring Southern California trio Bahari.
“I Miss You” toes the line between pop and electronic quite carefully, featuring exceptionally well-produced vocals and a catchy, vocal-chopped chorus accompanied by a tight, swinging rhythm – something that’s become a bit of a trend in pop/EDM crossovers as of late. However, what Grey perhap
- Fresh off of a stunning Diplo & Friends takeover, JORYDE is about to roll up to your hood and take over your local club with a 15 date headlining tour across North America.
The UK-born producer has been on the road for awhile now on a fairly extensive tour including a New York show where he unveiled his special C.A.R (Calling All Ryderz) stage to great aplomb at Webster Hall before the new year. Now, after a short break, he’s back on the road kicking off w
- We have Migos and Metro Boomin to thank for “Raindrop, drop top,” the ubiquitous hook that’s got everyone hot and bothered as of late. So incredibly hot and bothered, that the world has shouldered the weight of countless remixes, some good, some bad, all spicy.
To save you the work of trudging through the deep blue boujee sea, we’ve compiled the best interpretations of the track all in one place. From eclectic jazz remixes, to torqued Jersey club, feast your ears bel
- We’re just days away from Donald Trump’s inauguration, and in typical Trump fashion, the festivities will be dubbed the “‘Make America Great Again!’ Welcome Celebration.” Scheduled for January 19th on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, the evening will be a historic occasion, regardless of where you might stand on the controversial businessman-turned-president.
After loads of artists expressed disapproval over Trump’s election, and vocally oppo
- Vancouver-native Vanic is preparing to make huge strides in 2017 and he’s kicking it all off with this quintessential new remix for Zella Day‘s “Compass. A more fitting combination doesn’t exist, I assure you.Released on the heels of his three month-young Disruptor Records debut, The Chainsmokers‘ Sony-based label imprint, Vanic is setting himself up for a hearty release pace for the upcoming year. Listen to his original hit “Samurai&r
- Malcolm Anthony, ex-member of popular EDM trio K Theory, issued a series of statements to Your EDM on Tuesday that blamed himself and the group for knowingly purchasing beats from at least one third-party website to adjust and release as their own work.
Anthony said that he had “quit” the group after personal differences arose between him and one of the founding members Dylan Lewman, who was described by Lewman’s attorney as the sole owner of K Theory Music LLC.
- Hailed as one of our top artists to watch in 2017, SteLouse kicks off the year strong with a brand new track that will have you moving and grooving until the early AM. Known for his future style tracks, SteLouse takes a new turn with his latest deep house-inspired single “Lovers” featuring the enigmatic vocal capabilities of Brave.
Featuring a groovy bassline, rhythmic instrumentation and haunting lyrics that will have you in a perpetual state of house heaven, SteLouse crushes on his
- via Hardwell