If you’re in the mood for some banging house music to get your night started the right way before you head on tonight I’ve just got the thing for you. Versatile producer Snøwmass has dropped everything from g-house to dubstep to future bass in the last calendar year and it looks like we’re kicking 2017 off with some deep house.
Taking on “Thunder” by Milk N Cooks and TWINNS, Snøwmass delivers a banging deep house remix with del
- It’s been a fairly long-time coming but it looks like the first official remix for “Starving” the summer pop/dance hit by Zedd, Grey, and Hailee Steinfeld will be released sometime next week!
The official remix comes from Dutch duo Bali Bandits who took to Twitter to post a short 2o second audio clip of their remix over a recap video. While the original single was certainly geared more towards the radio and pop crowd, Bali Bandits have flipped the
- After stunning Pharrell Williams while still a student at NYU Clive Davis Institute, Maggie Rogers has gone on to receive massive acclaim for her eclectic method of storytelling. Now, her new single “On + Off” is claiming more hearts with that same edge Rogers first bared in “Alaska.”
Coming from the world of folk music, then taking a break from music, and finally realizing her sound after a spiritual experience with dance music, Rogers has crafted a s
- A couple days ago, Skrillex uploaded an exquisitely edited video of his crew romping through 2016 called The Same Place. It’s enough to give any fan the chills and offers a wonderful glimpse into the everyday happenings of Skrillex and friends, but one of the standout features of the video was a VIP edit of “Purple Lamborghini.”
As of now, the tune hasn’t been formally released and only sports the title of “ID – Skrillex.” Thankfully, one
- Another Friday has come, and with it boatloads of new and exciting music from the furthest corners of the EDM realm. Thanks to our friends over at /r/EDM, we now have a short and sweet guide to the new music released from today.
From Above & Beyond and Julian Jordan to Cosmic Gate and 3LAU, this Friday’s list is a truly diverse round up of tracks. To cap things, we’ve even received a brand new original from GRiZMATiK, the GRiZ and Gramatik collab project known for its jazz and el
- Not too long ago, Dillon Francis uploaded his reactions to the mindless happenings of The Bachelor. Well, he’s back at it, and as the show continues spiraling into brain-rot, Dillon’s commentary only gets more, shall we say, flavorful.
At a little over five minutes long, it’s a heavy dose of screaming, cursing, and more screaming. Oh, and “dick pickle” is easily my new favorite comeback. Join us in losing a few neurons and play this ridiculo
- When we listen to EDM, we sometimes get overly caught up in critical analysis and forget about the root and ultimate purpose for the genre, dancing. Though their releases in the past have been almost exclusively experimental, KUURO‘s newest single got my head back into the mindset that the “dance” element is the most crucial piece of electronic music.
With “Savage,” KUURO steps out of trap and walks into some unfamiliar territory. Though house is not usually a
- Like many others did, Reddit’s /r/electronicmusic community held a year-end poll in 2016 to determine who had the best album, who was the best artist, and more. Though we’re already 20 days into the new year, the results were just released and the results are pretty close to what you’d expect.
Remix of the Year went to What So Not’s inimitable remix of “Innerbloom” by RUFUS.Best EP, Best Album Artwork and Best Artist all went to Flume. However,
- via Hardwell
- Talk about two powerhouses joining forces: Vanic and Maty Noyes have just released their new track “Too Soon.”
Vanic is an incredibly established producer with many remixes and originals under his name reaching many millions of people; and Maty Noyes famously featured on Kygo’s track “Stay,” as well as Yellow Claw’s “Drowning In Champagne.”
The combination of these two powerful rising stars created “Too Soon,” a bouncy, tropical tune th
- The album cover for WORLD WAR 2020 - EPISODE FOUR (2016 Version): WIKILEAKS VS. DNCIn a world where political leaders are realizing that they can govern on outright lies and even the words used to impugn such behavior have quickly been adopted to further their mission of disarray, the only response that makes sense is confusion. You can do your best to untangle the wide webs of fake news and garbled conspiracy, but immersed in a constant flow of absurd information, it can become hard to tell whi
- via Hardwell
- On Wednesday, music blogs began covering the inklings of a potential rumor spawned on the /r/Skrillex Reddit page that suggested Skrillex and Diplo, co-creators of the Jack Ü project, were locked in some sort of argument or “beef.” The article cited a screenshot of a Discord conversation between close friend of OWSLA Slushii and what appears to be several of his fans, in which Slushii mentions “a thing” going on between the Jack Ü members.As was p
- Savyon Zabar, pictured with Rihanna. Photo via FacebookNew York authorities earlier this month made an arrest in the murder of 54-year-old Savyon "Big Ben" Zabar, the owner of popular gay nightclub Escuelita.As CBS New York reported, Daquan King, a 23-year-old masseuse from the Bronx, was arrested and charged with second-degree murder on Friday, January 13. Zabar was found dead in his Upper West Side apartment by his roommate, with no reported signs of forced entry or robbery. Following an autop
- Debut singles are a tenuous thing. There’s so much room for error, but an equally terrifying opportunity for success. A debut single is often a leap of faith, and those with the knowledge and wariness of a saint are rewarded for their efforts.
For his debut single, and first single on Mr.Suicide Sheep’s Seeking Blue imprint, Melf shares “CRZY” featuring Alexandra Rotan. Utilizing an understated, but carefully crafted bassline, the track carries the weight of a sultry
- Unlike the so-called golden age of electronic music in 2011-2013, the last three years have seen relatively less of the electro house genre. The high-energy, gritty sound has been largely replaced by bass house and some harsher future house from artists like Moksi, but there’s still a large demand for quality electro house out there.
Cue Mr. Kristopher, and his new Communion EP. In creating this EP, Mr. Kristopher essentially doubled down on the energy and darkness of the ge
- Soma Quality Recordings, also known simply as Soma, is turning 25. To celebrate their quarter of a century existence, the label has decided to put out a compilation album with some exciting releases. In case you were unfamiliar with the Scottish techno and house label, they were the ones who initially released Daft Punk’s “Da Funk.” The label was started back in 1993 by the duo Slam.
The 5-vinyl box set will feature Daft Punk, Adam Beyer, Slam, and countless others. The co
- With a couple remixes under his belt, Felix Palmqvist feels he’s ready to take on the challenge of creating original content. This comes in the form of his debut single, “Fall For You,” featuring the stunning vocals of Loé. With this release, the 17-year-old producer continues to show that he is one talented kid. 2017 is looking like a big year for the Swedish seeing as the debut single has already gained support from The Chainsmokers.
The track begins with Lo&eacut
- In a blink of an eye we have already hit the end of January and already a slew of events are behind us. And while the exiting memories of those times live on in your own minds its time to start making some more! We love giving back to our readers which is why we have teamed up with Botnek for this exclusive giveaway! Two lucky winners will get the chance to have some beers with Botnek before the show as part of their meet and greet as well a pair of tickets each to the show happening at Elektric
- Album artwork courtesy of the artistBritish visual artist Jesse Kanda, a collaborator of artists including Arca, Bjrk, and FKA Twigs, today released his debut EP, Heart, under the doon kanda alias for London label Hyperdub. The five-tracker maintains Kanda's cinematic aesthetic, albeit with a club-friendly tint, that's dark and atmospheric in its distorted, unnerving beauty.In a statement, Kanda said of the EP, "My work might sometimes be coated with a layer of sharp pain like a blade to the eye
- With bass pioneer Datsik’s 8th bus tour just starting up, and residing only an hour away from what I knew would be a night of absolute insanity, there was no way I was missing out on seeing Datsik’s brand new Ninja Nation Tour. Once I saw that the tour flyer boasted a brand new Shinto-influenced stage design known as the Shogun stage and sound by PK sound system I immediately got myself down to Philly. FOMO was not going to happen tonight.
Upon arrival at Electric Factory, German DJ
- Photo courtesy of Nancy Musinguzi
Last week, the day before New Jersey producer Rahshon Bright (a.k.a. Nadus) traveled over halfway around the world to Seoul, he tweeted, "Mornings like this remind me I'm blessed... I'm supposed to be in somebody's jail... not headed to Asia to play music we created in the neighborhood..."Born and raised in the city of Newark, the home of Jersey club and also once ranked "The Most Dangerous City in the Nation" by finance publication Money, Bright began producing
- As EDM continues to globalize, many US festival brands are taking advantage of new-found fanbases in foreign countries like India and Brazil. Ultra Music Festival is undoubtedly one of the leading pioneers on this trail, founding over a dozen other festivals in countries around the world.
One of its biggest sister festivals, Ultra Brazil, has been a long-standing success. In light of this fact, and the growing popularity and appeal of EDM in the country, Ultra Brazil will expand to three full da
- There are a lot of thoughts that can go through your head when you see a track titled “Giggle Juice” by an artist named BROHUG. My first thought would clearly be one of confusion, bewilderment and morbid curiosity. Fortunately, those feelings are pushed aside when you listen to the actual track which bangs like a drill sergeant waking up his troop in the morning with a wooden spoon and metal pot. If that metaphor is a little too thick, then just take this away – the track
- Photo courtesy of ABC NewsYesterday, President Trump's inauguration weekend kicked off with the official "Make America Great Again" concert. Among the few artists performing, including rock group 3 Doors Down, America's Got Talent runner-up Jackie Evancho, and country singer Toby Keith, was the ceremony's true highlight: party DJ-drummer and former reality television contest, Ravidrums.Read More: Here's the DJ Who Agreed to Play Trump's Inauguration ConcertThe self-described inventor of the "liv
Become a Club Member and be the first to secure your tickets in the exclusive Amsterdam 2017 pre-sale on February 1… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…Become a Club Member and be the first to secure your tickets in the exclusive Amsterdam 2017 pre-sale on February 1… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Like you, Perc Trax producer Manni Dee is fed up of the state of the United Kingdom at present. Or, at least, we'd assume you shared the same anti-May. anti-Brexit, anti-everything-shit-about-the-country. We'd like to assume that, anyway.Manni Dee's so fed up of it all, he's recorded an EPThrobs of Discontentmentabout the whole thing, and you can hear a ferocious track from it below. You'll also be able to read a super in-depth interview with him carried out by our good friends at THUMP DE!THUM
- This post ran originally on THUMP UK.On this Fridayan ordinary, "nothingy" Friday that will all likely be forgotten in history like every other Fridaylet's have a look back at the best music we heard over the past seven days. Shanti Celeste has come through with a couple of woozy workouts to christen her own imprint Peach Discs, our favorite of which was "Selector," Sporting Life has produced the blissful "No More Stress" with Novelist (who turns 20 today), Happa has turned in one of our favori
- This post ran originally on THUMP UK.The year is 1993, the setting EuroDisney; home surprisingly to a rave. Somewhere backstagewe could optimistically imagine between a collapsed Donald Duck and Goofy grinding his two buck-teeth into oblivionGlaswegian DJ Stuart MacMillan, part of double-act Slam, is talking to a pair of waifish, conspicuous French teenagers. Shouting over the music, they can barely hear each-other, but the conversation gets far enough for Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Manuel de Home
- Earlier this week, Insomniac head Pasquale Rotella took to his Snapchat to reveal the first information about the Kinetic Field stage design for the festival’s 21st installment this June. Referred to in a “Kinetic Gaia Storyline” page, the themes and design elements of the forthcoming main stage were revealed.
A “Great Kinetic Hall” is mentioned after the initial, thematic lines, where attendees “can escape everyday life and share stories with other members of
- Hamburg, Germany’s Elbphilharmonie is Earth’s most “acoustically perfect” manmade structure.In fact, the only imperfections of the auditorium will be the reason for its existence: people. The exquisitely designed, $843 million building was planned by Swiss architectural firm Herzog & De Meuron, along with One to One Studio and the help of various engineers.
Not only has the geometry of the space been carefully considered, but the materials in
- Another year, another Valentine’s Day. One of the most divisive holidays in America is coming up again in less than a month – but even if you don’t have a bae to celebrate with, fret not. Insomniac Events is hosting a bevy of Crush events all over the country to help you forget your woes! (And if you do have a partner, all the better to celebrate with.)
We caught up with Yellow Claw who are slated to play the Crush event in Dallas, Texas on February 11. Check it out below, and
- Dutch Monstercat phenom, David Lawson, under the colossal moniker known as WRLD, has just released his first single of 2017. His latest track “Hideaway” features Brisbane vocalist Savoi and is available for free courtesy of Heroic Recordings.
It’s never a dull moment with WRLD. The 19-year old has just wrapped up his first headlining tour in Australia and has been in the studio since to deliver us a synth-pop ballad titled “Hideaway. It includes all th
- Earlier today we reported the exciting news that Monstercat would be hosting its first ever stage at Tomorrowland 2017, but now it looks like Tomorrowland is ready to present its full lineup of stages and hosts. The new initiative is dubbed the Amicorum Spectaculum which promises a ‘wonderful new tale and musical adventure’ and judging by the sheer amount and talent on all these curated stages, I’ll wager that you won’t be disappointed.
- #Fest, more commonly called Number Fest, returns in 2017 with an all-star lineup of extremely diverse acts. Bridging the gap between hip hop and EDM, headliners include Young Thug, Jauz, Herobust, and Waka Flocka, with another headliners on Saturday to be named at a later time.
At last year’s festival, The Chainsmokers famously played their unreleased hit (at that time) “Closer,” which went on to spend 12 weeks at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100.
“The 15th Edition of #Fest is
- The album cover for I See You, as it appears on streaming services.
There was always a little bit of voyeurism in the appeal of the xx. The British trio of Romy Madley Croft, Oliver Sim, and Jamie Smith (best known as Jamie xx) emerged in 2009 fully formed as pop songwriters, but their unique spin on the form was in making volcanic emotionslike the last flickers of lost love or the first sparks of a new onefeel like overheard whispers. Their lyrics, which were often simple declarations of intent
- (Original Photo By: Ben Allen)
We live in such a fast-paced society that it is easy to feel defeated, like the rest of the world is pressing on without us after even the smallest of stumbles. When this happens, the feeling that we may never catch up again sets in rather quickly. Those are the moments when it is most important to look around you and take notice of those who have been in your shoes and stood back up.
A shining example of this can be found in Salt Lake City-based DJ/producer, Nate
- Yesterday, Afrojack was served a lawsuit by his ex-girlfriend, Lauren Meditz. The lawsuit alleged, among other things, that Afrojack was emotionally disruptive and repeatedly harassed Meditz.
In response, Afrojack’s lawyer issued a statement, “The absurd lawsuit filed by disgruntled ex-girlfriend Lauren Meditz is nothing more than a shakedown of Nick van de Wall, aka Afrojack. These claims are completely false and fictional. You don’t have a valid claim just because your e
- The Chainsmokers, Vanic and Lost Kings helped unveil a new initiative by Sony Music called “Lost In Music,” a fully immersive VR experience.
Using a variety of their lifestyle and groundbreaking Playstation VR Technology, along with astonishing scenery, Sony brought to life an amazing, digitally immersive terrain that took guests to a fantasied world where they physically traveled from the Winter season to a Summer music festival. ‘The Beginning’ lived up to its namesake,
- After a successful first installment of Mad Decent‘s celebrated Block Party tour in India last year, Diplo and the gang have returned to social media to announce a brand new round of shows to take place in March. In a video posted to Oji’s Facebook on Monday morning, paper cut outs of Diplo, Jillionaire and Walshy Fire are voiced by a group of kids as they reveal their excitement for the upcoming India stops.
After the initial announcement, the crew brings Dillon Francis aboard to&nb
- Trivecta is back with a cinematic single titled “Shatterpoint,” and its a marvelous re-imagining of his own ethereal dubstep.
An ambient introduction sounds the beginning of the track, before diving headfirst into the first screaming breakdown, preparing listeners for the unexpected median to come. “Shatterpoint’s” theatrical bass arrangement and dark melodic structure continue to soar through the mix, while Trivecta’s unique blend of
- radio1fm.nu fb.me/3ngptkm6a
- We recently learned that Martin Garrix’s newest track, “Scared To Be Lonely” with Dua Lipa, will be released on Friday, January 27. As fans from all over the world clamor for more information about the song, the official track art for the single has apparently leaked on reddit.The art features a very similar aesthetic to that of “In The Name Of Love,” which also had Garrix standing to the right, looking left at his female vocalist on that track, Bebe Rexha – t
- Moby's not the only artist with something to say today about President-elect Trump's impending reign. After a six-year absence, British band Gorillaz have returned with a biting new track, "Hallelujah Money."The track features British vocalist Benjamin Clementine, who with a slow-burning warble sings of power, corruption, and humanity. In the track's accompanying music video, he stares down the camera in an elevator, its walls projecting a variety of images, including cartoons, KKK gatherings, k
- All photos by Alfredo Zuniga, courtesy of Magma Fest.This post ran originally on THUMP Canada. It's past three in the morning and I was perched precariously on the back of a beaten-up Honda motorbike barreling down a pitch black dirt road cut through the Nicaraguan jungle. I had no crash helmet and was traveling at a speed that stopped being fun several kilometers back. There was nobody else on the road and the only illumination came from whatever moonlight managed to seep through the palms over
- Image courtesy of the labelAfter releasing a free beat-tape from Paul White, Belgian label R&S continues its strong 2017 with the debut EP of Unknown Archetype.The duo, a collaboration between British conceptual artist-producer Roxy Tripp and Czech-born producer Oliver Kucera, are soon to release their three-tracker, Tripp, on January 27. According to a press release, the record was inspired by "Jungian psychology, symbolism, and mythology." Today, they're sharing lead track "Voyeurism," a s
- With New Year’s Eve now in the rear-view mirror, we got to see how far some artists have come and how lit their shows are sure to be in 2017. From coast to coast there were epic EDM celebrations to be had. And this year, GRiZ formed a formidable evening of booming funk to light up what was his first (and hopefully annual) “Get Down” in Asheville, North Carolina. The lineup for the night featured G-Jones, Papadosio, and Freddy Todd to get the audience amped before Griz and his r
- LA-based producer Christian Dold, under the colossal moniker Diamond Pistols, finds himself back in the limelight this time around for his latest release on Spinnin’ Records titled “Run Away,” featuring singer and songwriter Ian Everson.
“Run Away,” which was first featured on the Spinnin’ Records 2017 Future Hits mix, encapsulates listeners within a dream world of good feels. The track is enhanced by beautifully crafted arpeggios, crunchy electro synths,
- Despite copyright complications, advertisements, and couple other points of contention, SoundCloud remains a vital tool for producers and fans alike, both as a means of sharing and discovering new music.
Because the platform is used by nearly all artists in the electronic space, SoundCloud has access to loads of data, and we’re stoked they’ve decided to share some insight on 2016. The infographic below presents SoundClound’s findings in a simple, sleek depiction, showing e
Follow @Dance_News_US on Twitter!