Today in 1980, the Rolling Stones filmed this video 📽 "Yes, you could be mine, Tonight and every night" https://t.co/7QRGu8TeosToday in 1980, the Rolling Stones filmed this video 📽 "Yes, you could be mine, Tonight and every night" https://t.co/7QRGu8Teos
- It's been a busy few days for Canadian singer songwriter and best-ever-Sesame Street counter, Feist. Just last week the singer announced her new album, Pleasure, her first release in six weeks, and today CTV and the Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences have announced that she will be
- Snoop Dogg has been slated to induct Tupac Shakur into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The ceremony will take place in Brooklyn on April 7th. Snoop Dogg is credited with bringing his late friend to Death Row Records, and the two rappers collaborated on All Eyez on Me's "2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted."
- It shouldn't be a surprise at this point, but Drake new album, More Life has gone straight to the top of the Billboard 200. This is the seventh straight time a Drake LP has topped the US charts. More Life sold 505,000 total albums. This time around, he also broke his own streaming record. Of those
- Has it really been four years since Sir James Paul McCartney dropped a new solo album? How times flies. The world has certainly changed since the release of New, but that doesn't mean the former Beatles-bassist hasn't been keeping with the times — in 2014 and 15 he found himself working with
- The forthcoming Gorillaz album has been receiving the kind of press runup that one would expect from a record with Kanye's name on it. But finally, after the months of social media posts and unending 'news' from the music press — (Sorry, we're just excited!) — Damon Albarn and Jamie
- Biffy Clyro are having a good year. Enjoying the success of their most recent album, Ellipsis, which is being broadly celebrated as some of their best material, the Glaswegian trio recently won NME's "Best British Band Award", and to top it off their tour is proving so popular they've just added
- The folk piano icon returns with his first album following his diagnosis and treatment for a bone marrow disorder in 2012; proceeds from the album will benefit the City of Hope National Medical Center.
Today in '71, the Stones played a 'farewell' show at London's Marquee Club, before leaving to record Exile in France youtube.com/watch?v=4oPInS…Today in '71, the Stones played a 'farewell' show at London's Marquee Club, before leaving to record Exile in France youtube.com/watch?v=4oPInS…
- #StonesCuba front row, this time last year 🇨🇺🎸 https://t.co/WguX9WcKWn
Happy birthday @ArethaFranklin! 🎂🎸🎹 youtube.com/watch?v=dQkrLp… @WhoopiGoldberg @officialKeef @ronniewood @ChuckLeavellHappy birthday @ArethaFranklin! 🎂🎸🎹 youtube.com/watch?v=dQkrLp… @WhoopiGoldberg @officialKeef @ronniewood @ChuckLeavell
A year ago today, the Rolling Stones played a free concert for 1.2million people in Cuba! #StonesCuba youtube.com/watch?v=kmF6s6…A year ago today, the Rolling Stones played a free concert for 1.2million people in Cuba! #StonesCuba youtube.com/watch?v=kmF6s6…
- The former Police guitarist discusses his latest solo album, which finds him continuing to push himself on his instrument and drawing from his lifetime of experience. He also reflects on the Police reunion tour, which is now a decade-distant memory.
Dirty Work was released #OTD in 1986. What's your favourite track from the album? youtu.be/dx2WRQLSIewDirty Work was released #OTD in 1986. What's your favourite track from the album? youtu.be/dx2WRQLSIew
- Strand of Oaks, the brainchild of alt-rocking singer songwriter Timothy Showalter has been a project that's been getting a great deal of praise for its latest album, Hard Love. With roots deep in a tradition of rock at it's finest this is a project that has spread limbs and reached toward light of
- Classicrockitalia.it (Blog)
I Pixel: alternative rock da La Spezia
I Pixel sono un gruppo italiano di giovanissimi, formatosi nella provincia di La Spezia sul finire del 2013 dagli allora diciassettenni Andrea Briselli (voce e chitarra) ed Alex Ferri (chitarra e tastiera), ai quali si aggiungono successivamente Nicola ...
- Jon Campos and the Incurables
PR.com (press release)
Alternative rock band Jon Campos and The Incurables, have just released an extremely polished, well done video on YouTube for the title track off their debut EP, “Tragic Tales & Lullabies.” Los Angeles, CA, March 24, 2017 --(PR.com)-- It's no wonder ...and more »
- This week in album releases is a collection of personally reflective, publically brave attempts of creating art. Songwriters step into the light, whilst in the darker corners lights are flashing and dancing is happening, so there's contrast, but also a strange continuity to the artists offering
- Everyone is finally back from South by Southwest, which means a fresh crop of music videos was dropped. Some of the biggest names on the music map revealed new visuals for tracks. Mastodon debuted the video for "Show Yourself", the second single off their forthcoming record Emperor of Sand. Jason
- What a crazy couple weeks it's been in Austin, Texas, but now the dust is finally beginning to settle and we're left to pick up the pieces of our shattered selves. After all the wild concerts and surprises that occurred at South by Southwest, it would be easy to forget what else was happening around
- It's been quite the week in music, and artists around the globe took to Instagram to share their world with fans. The central Texas dust that was stirred up during the last couple weeks of South by Southwest is finally starting to settle, but out of it came a number of new projects and artists that
- Just over a week from now, on Friday March 31st, Bob Dylan will issue his first-ever triple album, Triplicate. In celebration of the release, a selection of songs from the massive collection can be streamed below courtesy of NPR.com. The Nobel laureate's new album is a celebration of significant
- Trap Beckham is in the game, and to many he's already way ahead of the pack. Following a couple of early tracks, "Top of the Line" and "Ohh She Thick", he received enough attention to tour local colleges around his home in Florida where he earned the name "The Golden Boy Of The Hood" — a
- It's been almost two years since Kendrick Lamar dropped his seminal To Pimp A Butterfly. But a new LP may be just around the corner. This morning Kendrick posted a photo to his Instagram with the Roman numeral for four; IV. There was nothing else to the image — no writing, no link, nada. What
- Earlier this week we heard that Gorillaz licensed a whole bunch of new music — which offered an insight into the shape of the upcoming album, and the guest artists who'd be featured on the project. They'd previously released "Hallelujah Money", a politically charged track with Benjamin
- JoLivi cites Alanis Morissette and Gwen Stefani as heroines, and while she does share some of the hook-heavy sensibilities to songwriting, it is more her social awareness that the Hawaiian singer shares with those women. Her approach to electro-pop and radio-friendly tunes is built on a broader
¡Olé, Olé, Olé! A Trip Across Latin America is out on May 26! Pre-Order the digital download:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…¡Olé, Olé, Olé! A Trip Across Latin America is out on May 26! Pre-Order the digital download:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- From her upcoming album Nikka & Strings, Underneath and In Between, recorded live with a string quartet, the singer delivers an impassioned take on the Prince-penned tune.
- Il Quaderno
I Malmo portano il loro 'alternative post rock in concerto al Morgana
"Malmö è una meta, un posto lontano da raggiungere. I Malmö non sono solo una band post rock, i Malmö sono un viaggio lento, senza fretta". I Malmö nascono nell'autunno del 2014, partendo dalla stesura di alcune idee musicali di Daniele Ruotolo (voce e ...
- Tennis hails from Denver, Colorado. The husband-and-wife duo made up of Alaina Moore and Patrick Riley make the kind of indie pop that is reflective of today's issues as well as a joy to listen to. On their new album, Yours Conditionally, the band speaks directly, if somewhat sarcastically, about
- Chuck Berry made his final concert appearance on October 15th, 2014. The event was three days shy of his 88th birthday and was held at St. Louis' Blueberry Hill. Reports of the final performance was that it was a pretty rough experience. The sound was off, Berry struggled to hear, and as a result he
- Rock and roll was Chuck Berry’s own creation and not an interpretation of someone else’s traditions, so he pursued it with a passion that made him rock’s first true poet laureate and its first guitar hero. Editor Mark Deming pays tribute to the departed pioneer.
- Each year festivals seem to become more and more popular, reaching what we expect to be the final peak each summer, but then the next year comes around and the lineups get bigger, more festivals appear, and we just keep buying tickets. 2017's edition of Lollapalooza is no different. The annual
- Radiohead are the focus of some sweet rumors sweeping the industry, as speculation around their plans to play a special set during Glastonbury 2017 heats up. It's being rumored that the band will be playing a set to honor the twentieth anniversary of their third album, OK Computer — a seminal
Exclusive Releases From David Bowie, The Smiths, & Andre 3000 To Be Dropped On Record Store Day 2017Record Store Day is back on April 22nd and with it comes some tastier than usual exclusives. Yesterday, RSD revealed the extensive list of limited edition vinyl, cassettes, and box sets that will be available as part of its 2017 edition, and included are releases from The War on Drugs, Against Me!,
- Every year Los Angeles' FYF Fest just seems to get bigger and better, and that's certainly the case this year. The festival, which has for the past several years been held for two days near the end of August or beginning of September, is now three days and set for July 21st, 22nd, and 23rd. The
- Accento - Gela Notizie
Ghelas Music Fest: al centro storico l'alternative rock dei Pot Scrapers
Accento - Gela Notizie
Continuano gli appuntamenti con i live rock inseriti all'interno dela rassegna Ghelas Music Fest. Domani 4 agosto saranno le chitarre distorte dei Pot Scrapers a dare una sferzata al secondo appuntamento. Il concerto si terrà in corso Vittorio Emanuele ...and more »
- Accento - Gela Notizie
Ghelas Music Fest: al centro storico l'alternative rock dei Pot ...
Accento - Gela Notizie
Continuano gli appuntamenti con i live rock inseriti all'interno dela rassegna Ghelas Music Fest. Domani 4 agosto saranno le chitarre distorte dei Pot Scrapers a ...and more »
- Sublime will mark the 25th anniversary of their debut LP "40oz. to Freedom" with a yearlong celebration that includes reissues, a documentary film, and the band's own Mexican-style beer. The group, which released their genre-defining debut album, 40oz. to Freedom in 1992, will reissue 1995 Badfish
- Last week, Nicki Minaj dropped three new songs and all of them ended up on the Billboard charts. This gives Nicki 76 total Hot 100 entries, breaking the previous record she previously shared with Aretha Franklin. The rapper took to Instagram to share her excitement saying, "Man, I tell ya... God
The lady then she covered me with roses, She blew my nose and then she blew my mind youtube.com/watch?v=DXqQh7…The lady then she covered me with roses,She blew my nose and then she blew my mind youtube.com/watch?v=DXqQh7…
- The Triangle Below Canal Street is once again set to play host to the best and brightest of the film world. From April 19th through 30th, the film and entertainment worlds will turn their eyes to Lower Manhattan's Tribeca Film Festival, and many of music's biggest stars are set to make appearances.
- Rock 'n roll autobiographies seem to be all the rage these days, but finding a solid rap autobiography can be a challenge. Back in 2010, Jay Z put out Decoded but otherwise the genre is a bit thin. However, there is good news on the horizon. Gucci Mane, one of rap's most prolific and fascinating
- Perfume Genius, the brainchild of Mike Hadreas, has announced a new album. Scheduled for release on May 5th via Matador Records, the new collection is called No Shape. This will be the Seattle-based artist's fourth full length studio album as Perfume Genius, and it follows 2014's highly regarded Too
- Jena Irene Asciutto first came into the public eye when she was runner up in season 13 of American Idol. But don't let her two hundred thousand-strong fanbase throw you, Asciutto is shifting gears to present a kind of indie pop that references the greats while forging her own focus. Her upcoming
MUSICA – Rullo di tamburi e tanto alternative rock: arrivano i Placebo in concerto in Sicilia [info biglietti] - Liveunict | Magazine sull'Università di CataniaLiveunict | Magazine sull'Università di Catania
MUSICA – Rullo di tamburi e tanto alternative rock: arrivano i Placebo in concerto in Sicilia [info biglietti]
Liveunict | Magazine sull'Università di Catania
Quella del Festival Collisioni di Barolo del 16 luglio era stata annunciata come l'unica data dei Placebo in Italia. Invece, arriva come un fulmine a ciel sereno la notizia del concerto della band britannica in quel di Sicilia. Da poche ore, infatti, è ...and more&
- Joshua Tillman's new record, aka Father John Misty's new album, Pure Comedy, is due out April 7th, but that hasn't stopped the singer-songwriter from debuting three new tracks over the weekend. Misty has formerly worked with Beyonce and Lady Gaga on tracks, and, on Sunday, he poked fun at the pop
- Details of the new Gorillaz album have been pretty hard to come by. Aside from the Inauguration Day release of "Hallelujah Money" and a string of teasing social campaigns when the new album was confirmed as 'incoming', there was a tweet from a fan who had a conversation with Damon Albarn confirming
- What may be the biggest drop of 2017 so far happened over the weekend. On Saturday, while much of the music world had their eyes turned to showcases at SXSW, Aubrey Graham, aka Drake, debuted his "More Life" project. On the album, fans will find his hit song "Fake Love", as well as number of tracks
- Back in February of 2016 Ra Ra Riot released their critically acclaimed album Need Your Light. To celebrate the one year anniversary of its' release, the band revealed a remix of "Bad Times" by Cesare. This is the fourth remix the band have shared this year, all of which have been collected together
Follow @Altern_Rock on Twitter!