Lexington Herald Leader
UK volleyball team advances in NCAA Tournament
Lexington Herald Leader
Leah Edmond got to a ball during Kentucky's 3-0 victory over Georgia on Sept. 21. Edmond had 20 kills in UK's NCAA Tournament victory over Colorado State on Friday night. Elliott Hess Elliott Hess. i. Leah Edmond got to a ball during Kentucky's 3-0 ...
- Please find below the lists of declared players for the Men's and Women's Hockey Premier A teams.
- Leeds Beckett suffered late, late heartbreak in their hunt for a first BUCS Super Rugby win as a last-minute converted try from Durham secured a dramatic 19-18 win at Headingley Carnegie Stadium.
- Hartpury have been on winning form with 7 wins from 7 so far in BUCS Super rugby but knew it would be a tough fixture against Exeter who continue their 2-year unbeaten run at Fortress Topsham.
- In week nine of the BUCS Super Rugby Loughborough Students hosted Northumbria at their home of Epinal Way. Seventh in the table, Northumbria were hoping to utilise last week’s win to drive them to another victory but the home side proved too strong for the visitors.
- The BUCS Table Tennis Individual Championships took centre stage at the University of Nottingham over the weekend Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th November with the home institution coming away victorious.
- The Selection Criteria for Taekwondo at the 2017 World University Games is now available to view and Expression of Interest is now open. Click here for further information.
- The Selection Criteria for Judo at the 2017 World University Games is now available to view. Click here for further information.
- Team Leicester is the collective name for the University of Leicester’s collection of sports clubs. With 37 existing clubs and over 60 teams Team Leicester participants make up the largest sporting community at the University. In recent years Team Leicester has grown exponentially currently with over 1900 active members which has the potential to reach over 2000 by the end of the 2016/17 academic year. Team Leicester allows our students to participate in an extremely diverse range of sport
- Let’s Do Leicester is a programme run by the University of Leicester’s Sport & Recreation service designed to encourage participation in sport. Let’s Do Leicester runs an extensive range of sport and activity sessions throughout academic year for both students and staff at the University. The programme offers traditional sports such as Netball and Badminton; as well as more eccentric activities such as Wheelchair Basketball and Bubble Football. The reason behind this pletho
- It is clear to see that the key skills developed whilst participating in sport at university can be transferred to the working world. However at the University of Leicester we understand that it is not always possible for people to participate in sport as a player, therefore we have created a programme which allows our students to develop skills in a sporting environment through a different role, Leicester Academy. Leicester Academy is a project which allows our students to gain coaching and off
- The Courier-Journal
UK, WKU reach NCAA volleyball tourney
Volleyball teams at Kentucky and Western Kentucky will each head to the West Coast this week to start the NCAA tournament, as the Wildcats and Hilltoppers were announced Sunday night as part of the 64-team NCAA field. Kentucky (22-7) will face ...en meer »
- Top stories from round eight of the inaugural BUCS Super Rugbytournament:- Both Durham and Northumbria clinch dramatic one point wins- Hartpury remain unbeaten- Exeter climb the table
- Hosts bounce back from nightmare start to complete successful Cardiff revenge mission
- Durham beat Loughborough for first time in 3 years.
- In September 2016, The University of Essex opened their doors to a local Charter Standard Community Club, Layer Colts Youth FC, to support the delivery of local grassroots football.
MATCH REPORT:University of Bath left to rue early errors after home BUCS Super Rugby defeat to ExeterAn improved second-half performance was not quite enough to prevent the University of Bath men’s 1st XV slipping to a 26-17 BUCS Super Rugby home defeat against University of Exeter on Wednesday.
- Hartpury maintained their unbeaten start to the BUCS Super Rugby campaign, but not before being given a huge scare by the visitors from Yorkshire.
- BUCS is pleased to announce that Duncan Jones will be joining the organisation on 1st December as the Head of Operations...
- On the 19th-20th of November, 200 plus students rolled into Manchester for the 2016-17 BUCS Track Cycling Championships.
- Kykernel.com (subscription)
PHOTOS: UK Volleyball Defeats Texas A&M on Senior Day 3-1
Senior outside hitter Anni Thomasson stands with her family and coach during the match against Texas A&M on Sunday, November 20, 2016 in Lexington, Ky. Kentucky won the game 3-1. Photo by Hunter Mitchell | Staff. UK Volleyball vs. Texas A&M.en meer »
- Record-breaking offense leads UK Volleyball to victory
The No. 23 UK Wildcats (22-6, 15-2 SEC) utilized a blistering offensive attack Sunday on Senior Day to down the Aggies in four sets (25-18, 23-25, 25-21, 28-26). With the win and Florida's loss to Missouri, the Cats remain in the race for the regular ...en meer »
- BUCS is seeking an appropriately skilled and knowledgeable individual to update and expand an existing piece of research undertaken in 2012. The research establishes the performance levelof the World University Summer Games in comparison to other majormultisport Games (Commonwealth Games, Olympic Games), to quantifiablydetermine the Games’ potential place in sports’ performance pathways.
- League Leaders Survive Half-Time Scare To Stay Unbeaten
- Regional Trials Nominations The English Universities Steering Group would like to invite athlete nominations for the Regional Trials that will be taking place across the North, Midlands and South from 8th to 11th December. As part of the re-established English Universities Programmes Regional Trials will be held in Men’s and Women’s Hockey, Men’s and Women’s Football, Men’s and Women’s Rugby 7’s, Men’s and Women’s Basketball a
- Kentucky Kernel
PHOTOS: UK Volleyball Sweeps LSU 3-0 at Home
Freshman outside hitter Leah Edmond attacks the ball while her team covers her during the match against LSU on Friday, November 18, 2016 in Lexington, Ky. Kentucky won the match 3-0. Photo by Hunter Mitchell | Staff. Women's Volleyball vs. LSU.
- Sitting Grand Prix 3 was a fantastic advert for SittingVolleyball find out all about it here
- Across 7 – 13 November, universities all over the UK embraced BUCS' HE-focused This BUCS Girl Can Week, driving a spotlight onto female participation in sport and physical activity on their campuses.
- Loughborough secured a 27-13 bonus point win over Leeds Beckett on a freezing cold night at West Park RUFC.Match Report from Leeds Beckett RFC.
- Exeter welcomed Cardiff Met to Fortress Topsham looking to build on their three game win streak and victory against Loughborough last week. Match report from EURFC.
- The Agenda for BUCS AGM 2016 taking place on 8 December is now available.
- British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) and British Universities Sailing Association (BUSA) held the annual Fleet Racing Championships at Draycote Water SC over the weekend of 5 – 6 November, hosted by the University of Warwick Sailing Club. There was a record entry of over 240 student sailors, from a record 25 universities.
- Polonia win their first home game of the season with acomfortable win over Wessex
- The 2016 BUCS Short Course Swimming Championships were held at Ponds Forge International Sports Centre, Sheffield from 11—13 November. British para-swimming records and seven BUCS swimming records were broken at the meet that included a handful of Team GB 2016 Rio Olympic and Paralympic Games medallists.
- English Lacrosse has launched its new online learning portal allowing courses to now be completed online.
- Many para-swimmers took to the water in Sunday’s morning session, in a number of disciplines. Rio Paralympic gold and silver medallist, Claire Cashmore of Northumbria University plied her trade in the women’s 100m freestyle, 100m breaststroke, 200m individual medley and the 100m backstroke, alongside her Northumbria teammate Harriet Lee. Additional para-swimmers competing on the final day of competition included yesterday’s British para record-breaker, Kahoru Harazawa (Loughbor
- A round up of the competition so far as the countries topUniversity teams look to secure their place in the 201617Student Cup Finals
- The morning session of the second day of competition started with the men’s and women’s 200m freestyle heats. Maya Westlake of Sheffield Hallam University finished with the fastest women’s heat time: 1:58.95. Joining Maya with a sub-two-minute time was University of Plymouth’s Jessica Jackson (1:59.51) and University of Edinburgh’s Lucy Hope (1:58.84), who finished second and third in the heats respectively.
- Five days of #ThisBUCSGirlCan action continues through the weekend with a host of universities running more activity for students.
- It was a Friday evening start for the 2016 BUCS Short Course Championships as over 1,700 student athletes make their way to Sheffield accompanied by their university comrades. First things first for students on their arrival: put up their university banners – the all-blue Ponds Forge spectating area took the form of a spring garden as teams decorated their chosen area with their university colours.
- Lexington Herald Leader
UK volleyball team sweeps Arkansas on the road
Lexington Herald Leader
Kentucky junior Kaz Brown went for a kill during a sweep of Ole Miss on Oct. 16 at Memorial Coliseum. In Wednesday's victory at Arkansas, Brown had 11 kills and seven blocks. Chet White UK Athletics. i. Kentucky junior Kaz Brown went for a kill during ...en meer »
- Hartpury University Centre’s first team put in a clinical performance to do the double over Durham and stay at the summit of the BUCS Super Rugby league.
- Exeter faced Loughborough Students in there 5th match of the BUCS Super Rugby season. After a physical encounter at the start of the season which saw the boys in purple come away with a win, Exeter were looking to put in a dominant display at Fortress Topsham.
- DATE: 09/11/16
MATCH: Cardiff Met RFC v Leeds Beckett RFC
VENUE: Cyncoed Campus
FINAL SCORE: 19-10Cardiff Met took the first-half honours but failed to capitalize on their 16pts to 3 interval lead. Leeds Beckett took advantage of Edoardo Balocco’s temporary suspension to close the gap to 6pts, but a late penalty goal from Tom Morgan sealed the victory for the Archers.
- The Chris Potter Sports Bursary is an annual award offered to an undergraduate or postgraduate who can demonstrate that they have made a significant contribution to student sport as a competitor, official, referee/umpire, coach or volunteer with particular reference to the BUCS programme.
- The best university swimmers will gather in Sheffield from 11-13 November to compete at the 2016 British Universities & Colleges Sport (BUCS) Short Course Championships. Over the three-day event disciplines such as backstroke, breaststroke and freestyle will be contested over distances ranging from 50 to 1,500 metres.
- Universities across the UK have embraced the start of #ThisBUCSGirlCan week which started on Monday 7th November, using social media to promote the vast amount of activity they are offering female students. With over 60 universities running activity over the week there were dozens of stories shared on Monday, below is some of the highlights.
- Englands top beach pair have today been named as athleteambassadors as the sporting world starts to look to Gold Coast2018
- England Rugby has launched a national survey for anyone involved or interested in rugby.
- We are pleased to announce the selection of the Great Britain Men's Ice Hockey Team competing at the forthcoming World University Winter Games in Almaty, Kazakhstan from the 29 January - 8 February.
Follow @VolleyballUKNew on Twitter!