- Nonleague duo target National Cup knockout glory
- The Volleyball England Hub our way of serving you better
- Another of BUCS Nationals’ sports that is set for an Olympic debut atTokyo 2020, along with climbing, karate took pride of place at PondsForge.
- New Awards format announced as nomination window opens
- He was victorious in the battle of the brothers and Max Litchfieldadmits he couldn’t have been happier to swim away with three gold medalsat BUCS Nationals at the weekend.
- Ponds Forge was once again the setting for the 2017 Long CourseSwimming Championships, where Championship Records were smashed left,right and centre across all three days of action in the pool.Part of BUCS Nationals, the finals took place on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, with almost 1,200swimmers taking centre stage in Sheffield and more than 30 gold medalsbeing presented.
- Three days, three disciplines, six gold medals to be awarded, thefencing at BUCS Nationals had everyone gripped until the final match.
- With more than 700 shuttlers taking the courts and almost 2,500shuttlecocks being used at the English Institute of Sport, all eyes wereon Sunday’s finals to see who would be going home with the gold.
- University rowing returns to Newcastle this weekend, with the BUCS 4s and 8s event being held on the River Tyne this weekend.
- The 12th edition of the Friendship Games, an EUSA endorsed internationalbasketball tournament for students across the world will be held inEilat, Israel from 29th June - 6th July 2017.
- The SELL European Games will take place in Riga, Latvia, 19-21 May 2017.
- Gregory and Sheaf set their sights on the Gold Coast
- It was a Sheffield double at the Climbing Works on day two of BUCSNationals as Billy Ridal and Jennifer Wood took the men’s and women’scrowns.The home climbers topped the day’s preliminary results, faring best onthe 25 qualifying problems, before returning in the evening to top therankings once again.
BUCS invite bids from Cities, Regions and Universities to host a FISU World University Championship in 2020The FISU World University Championships are a series of separate single-sport championships, and events are held worldwide in over 20 sports every two years. BUCS have identified the following sports as priorities for potential future event hosting bids in the UK:Canoe Sprint
- Clubs urged to take note of latest HEVO survey results
- Expressions of Interest are now open for members to join the BUCS Professional and Workforce Development Steering Group.
- Sitting Teams book places in Grand Prix Semi Finals
- It was finals day in Sheffield as the fifth annual BUCS Nationals came to an end in the Steel City.
- Loughborough student Montez Blair loves his new life on the Olympic Parkand is dreaming of competing in the London Olympic Stadium come thissummer.
- Medals aplenty were handed out across nine sports on Saturday as day two of BUCS Nationals 2017 got underway in Sheffield.
- Volleyball England not continuing with the Investment Zone delivery model
- The fifth annual BUCS Nationals kicked off in grand style on Friday asHer Royal Highness the Princess Royal visited Sheffield to herald thestart of three action-packed days of sport.
- Despite the wet and cold conditions, both teams adopted an attacking,positive approach for this #BUCSSuperRugby encounter. Cardiff Met showedsome good touches but it was their visitors, Durham University, whoended the game deserved winners.
Match Report from Cardiff Met RFC
- Goldsmiths runner Reuben Arthur is eyeing up his first taste of BUCSNationals as a breakthrough competition, safe in the knowledge that heis tantalising close to being among the world’s best.
- THE nation’s largest annual multi-sport event got underway in Sheffieldon Friday with a royal visit from Her Royal Highness the Princess Royalto BUCS Nationals.
- Loughborough University rugby captain Andrew Boyce admitted it was agut-wrenching feeling watching Hartpury College become the inauguralBUCS Super Rugby league champions after defeat in their final outing.
- HARTPURY captain Sebastian Negri hailed victory overLoughborough University as the best day of his rugby career as his sidebecame the inaugural BUCS Super Rugby league champions.
MATCH REPORT: Hartpury claim inaugural BUCS Super Rugby League title in 17 – 12 win over LoughboroughIn what was an unplanned, fairy-tale finale to the final round of thefirst season of BUCS Super Rugby, table toppers Hartpury encounted the second placed Loughborough outfit, edging out the visitors at home to win 17 – 12. Thewin, seeing Hartpury become the first team to etch their name on theBUCS Super Rugby League Champions trophy.
Match report from Hartpury RFC.
- This University Sport Volunteering and Coaching Guide has been created by BUCS and sports coach UK with the aim of encouraging more students within universities to get into sport volunteering and coaching.
- Guest writer Kate Wyver gives her thoughts on what preventswomen from playing sport
- It’s that time of the year again – the moment when over 6,000 students descend on the city of Sheffield for BUCS Nationals.
- University of Sheffield's Lisa Brocklesby is targeting a karate win at BUCS Nationals, despite the small matter of a broken nose hampering her run up to the competition.
- Indoor racing may pose a fresh challenge for Luton athlete Rebecca Murray, but that hasn’t stopped her from setting her sights on the gold medal at next week’s BUCS Nationals.
- More than 6000 competitors will take part in the BUCS Nationals in Sheffield this weekend with judo one of nine sports being contested across the Steel City.
- Sheffield Hallam University climber Billy Ridal insists he is not prepared to let glory escape his grasp as he looks to defend his title at BUCS Nationals in Sheffield next week.
- More than 6000 competitors will take part in the BUCS Nationals in Sheffield this weekend with badminton one of nine sports being contested across the Steel City.
- Find out the lengths a parent will go to for her daughterslove of volleyball
- A Team GBR delegation of 63 student-athletes and 31 members of support staff travelled to Almaty, Kazakhstan to compete at the 2017 Winter Universiade and returned with a gold medal in men’s curling!
- Northumbria University still have a lot to do on the training pitch, despite a 27–10 victory over Leeds Beckett.Match report from Team Northumbria
- Swimming is one of the biggest individual sports within BUCS, and with a whole host of Olympians having competed at BUCS Nationals; it continues to be the launch pad for the latest crop of swimming stars.
- How to attract more students to your club this summer
- After their loss at the Sports Training Village at the start of theBUCS Super Rugby season, Loughborough were out to seek revenge againstthe University of Bath.Match report from Loughborough Rugby
- Hartpury continued their march towards the BUCS Super Rugby title with a bonus point win over visitors Cardiff Met.
Match report from Hartpury RFC
- Exeter were dealt their first league defeat at home in 3 years after a second half come back from Durham, to also end their 9 game winning steak in BUCS Super Rugby.
Match Report from Exeter Student Sport
- As we near the end of the inaugural BUCS Super Rugby season, if you're akeen and budding sports analyst, you will have worked out that the racefor the BUCS Super Rugby title has become an interesting three teamrace.
- GBR men’s curling beat Sweden in the 2017 Winter Universiade final in Almaty, Kazakhstan to win GBR’s first medal of the 2017 edition of the multi-sport competition.
- Team GBR athletes have been competing at the 2017 Winter Universiade in Almaty, Kazakhstan since 28 January, with many athletes smashing their personal bests and teams reaching the latter stages of the competition as they test themselves against the best snow sports students in the world.
2017 Kentucky Volleyball Camps
This camp is designed to focus solely on serving the volleyball. Learn how to be aggressive from behind the line the Kentucky way! This camp will focus on various techniques of serving, along with improving consistency, and finding the serve that fits ...
- In our latest This Girl Can inspired Women in Volleyballstory hear how four girls changed the face of coaching inYork
- Reduction confirmed in Sport Englands latest round offundingannouncements
Follow @VolleyballUKNew on Twitter!