Mauricio Pochettino criticises Jurgen Klopp and his coaching staff following Tottenham's EFL Cup defeat at AnfieldDOMINIC KING AT ANFIELD: Mauricio Pochettino criticised the actions of Jurgen Klopp's coaching staff as Liverpool squeezed through to the EFL Cup quarter-finals.
Vincent Janssen 'just doesn't have the sharpness about his feet' to score at the top level, says Graeme SounessGraeme Souness has branded Tottenham striker Vincent Janssen as not being 'sharp enough' to succeed in the Premier League. Janssen scored a consolation goal in the 2-1 defeat to Liverpool.
Liverpool youngster Trent Alexander-Arnold hailed for 'super' debut by Graeme Souness as Jamie Redknapp tips Tottenham kids to leave on loanGraeme Souness lauded Liverpool teenager Trent Alexander-Arnold for having 'all the attributes to be a top player' after manager Jurgen Klopp hailed his 'wonderful' debut against Tottenham.
Liverpool 2-1 Tottenham, EFL Cup RESULT: Plus Arsenal 2-0 Reading and all the rest of the fourth round actionFollow Sportsmail's coverage of the EFL Cup as Liverpool take on Tottenham Hotspur at Anfield in the highlight of the night's five fourth round ties.
Liverpool 2-1 Tottenham: Daniel Sturridge double sends Jurgen Klopp's team to EFL Cup quarter-finalsIAN LADYMAN AT ANFIELD: Passage to the next round will have been Jurgen Klopp's priority but this was a night that brought the Liverpool manager much more than a single victory.
- Daniel Sturridge scored twice as Liverpool advanced to the quarter-finals of the EFL Cup with a 2-1 win over Tottenham at Anfield.
- Mauricio Pochettino says Liverpool defender Trent Alexander-Arnold should have been sent off for a nasty challenge on Tottenham's Ben Davies.
- Jurgen Klopp described Daniel Sturridge's match-winning performance against Tottenham as 'brilliant' after Liverpool's 2-1 victory.
- Daniel Sturridge scored twice for Liverpool as they beat Tottenham 2-1 at Anfield to reach the EFL Cup quarter-finals.
- Follow Sportsmail's coverage of the EFL Cup as Liverpool take on Tottenham Hotspur at Anfield in the highlight of the night's five fourth round ties.
Liverpool, Tottenham, Manchester United and Manchester City go head-to-head in the EFL Cup this week, so how do their second XIs compare?The fourth round of the EFL Cup has thrown up two mouth-watering fixtures between four of the Premier League's top six sides this season, but they are all set to rotate their squads this week.
Liverpool FC vs Tottenham sees Jurgen Klopp face Mauricio Pochettino in the EFL Cup... but how do the two top bosses compare?Jurgen Klopp and Mauricio Pochettino share similar values but differ in their application, both in the way they approach the game on the pitch and how they handle themselves off it.
- Ahead of tonight's EFL Cup tie between Liverpool and Tottenham, we look back at the last time the two teams met in the competition in 2008.
- How many times have Manchester United conceded in the first minute? How often do Arsenal and Tottenham draw 0-0 on the same day?
- Jamie Vardy? Cristiano Ronaldo? Lionel Messi? Who should win the 2016 Ballon d'Or? Have your say on the 30-man shortlist.
- Liverpool and Tottenham go head to head live on Sky Sports 1 HD in the EFL Cup on Tuesday night.
- Stoke's Xherdan Shaqiri has topped this week's Sky Sports Power Rankings.
Mauricio Pochettino accepts Moussa Sissoko's three-match ban for violent conduct: 'His elbow was in Harry Arter's face, it's clear'The French midfielder appeared to elbow Bournemouth midfielder Harry Artur in the face during the 0-0 draw in the Premier League at the Vitality Stadium on Saturday.
Mauricio Pochettino accepts Moussa Sissoko's three-match ban for violent conduct: 'His elbow was in Arter's face, it's clear'The French midfielder appeared to elbow Bournemouth midfielder Harry Artur in the face during the 0-0 draw in the Premier League at the Vitality Stadium on Saturday.
Mauricio Pochettino will give youth a chance as Tottenham boss shuffles his pack for Liverpool cup clashTottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino believes that England's foremost teenage talents would be first-team regulars if they were growing up in Argentina or Brazil.
- Charlie Nicholas provides us with his latest round of predictions as the EFL Cup reaches the final-16 stage.
- Riyad Mahrez, Jamie Vardy, Paul Pogba, Dimitri Payet and Hugo Lloris have been named on the 30-man shortlist for the 2016 Ballon d'Or.
- Michel Vorm will play in goal against Liverpool in the EFL Cup on Tuesday while winger Georges-Kevin N'Koudou could also earn his first Tottenham start, according to boss Mauricio Pochettino.
- Jurgen Klopp is set to ring the changes for Liverpool's EFL Cup fourth-round tie against Tottenham on Tuesday, live on Sky Sports.
Moussa Sissoko charged with alleged violent conduct by FA for elbow on Harry Arter in Tottenham drawTottenham midfielder Moussa Sissoko has been charged by the FA following his elbow on Harry Arter against Bournemouth this weekend.
Spurs captain Hugo Lloris admits they 'struggle' to break down defensive teams after Bournemouth 0-0Tottenham Hotspur captain Hugo Lloris has admitted they are struggling to break down defensive teams after drawing 0-0 at Bournemouth and urged his teammates to solve the problem.
- Should David Luiz and Moussa Sissoko have seen red? Were Danny Rose and Erik Lamela lucky not to be sent off? Ref Watch is back to debate another selection of controversial decisions from some of the weekend's Premier League matches.
- via SpursMADTottenham's Moussa Sissoko has been charged by the Football Association over an incident on Saturday involving Bournemouth's Harry Arter.
- Tottenham will accept a Football Association violent conduct charge against Moussa Sissoko following an incident with Harry Arter during Saturday's game with Bournemouth.
- Tottenham's record signing Moussa Sissoko is set for three-game ban after accepting a violent conduct charge from the FA.
- Tottenham's Moussa Sissoko has been charged with violent conduct by the Football Association after a clash with Bournemouth's Harry Arter.
Premier League title and the seven contenders: Can it be Arsenal or Liverpool's year? Or will Manchester City be crowned champions?We thought last season was tight, but after nine games so far, only one point separates first place and fifth. So who will win it? Manchester City lead the way, but only just in another close campaign.
Manchester United aren't putting the yards in and Jesus Navas is headed for the Manchester City exit door - 10 THINGS WE LEARNEDSportsmail's Ralph Ellis looks back at 10 big talking points from a huge weekend up and down the country...
- Bayern Munich midfielder Renato Sanches has won the European Golden Boy award ahead of Manchester United's Marcus Rashford.
- Tottenham midfielder Eric Dier believes Hugo Lloris is now the best goalkeeper in the Premier League. Club captain Lloris has continued his fine form in goal for Mauricio Pochettino's side this term.
- A fascinating weekend of Premier League football has left it tight at the top, with just one point separating the leading five teams in the division.
- Eric Dier does not think there is a better goalkeeper in the Premier League than his Tottenham team-mate Hugo Lloris.
- Bournemouth midfielder Harry Arter hopes Tottenham's Moussa Sissoko avoids a ban for elbowing him in the face during their goalless draw on Saturday.
- Bournemouth midfielder Harry Arter hopes Tottenham's Moussa Sissoko avoids a ban for elbowing him in the face on Saturday.
- The Sunday Supplement panel discussed the big football stories of the week - and you can listen here.
- Should Tottenham midfielder Moussa Sissoko have been sent off against Bournemouth? Watch and decide for yourself...
- Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli outfoxed two Bournemouth defenders with a lovely double nutmeg at the Vitality Stadium on Saturday.
- via SpursMADMauricio Pochettino blamed fatigue as Tottenham were held to a goalless draw at Bournemouth and missed the chance to go top of the Premier League.
- Mauricio Pochettino cited fatigue as the reason why his team failed to go top of the Premier League in their 0-0 with Bournemouth. The manager thought his players lacked their usual energy.
- Watch highlights as Tottenham missed the chance to go top of the Premier League after a goalless draw with Bournemouth on Saturday.
- Tim Sherwood and Jamie Redknapp discussed the major talking points from Bournemouth's draw with Tottenham - and you can listen here.
- Watch as Alan McInally gives his thoughts on Bournemouth's goalless draw with Tottenham on Saturday.
Tottenham's Moussa Sissoko stays on pitch following apparent elbow on Bournemouth midfielder Harry Arter... but should he have been sent off?Moussa Sissoko appeared to catch Bournemouth midfielder Harry Arter with an elbow after the two had battled for the ball on the touchline in the 79th minute of the Premier League tie.
- ROB DRAPER AT THE VITALITY STADIUM: Mauricio Pochettino will be ruing his side's missed opportunity as Bournemouth held Tottenham in the early match of the weekend.
- Mauricio Pochettino will be ruing his side's missed opportunity as Bournemouth held Tottenham in the early Premier League match of the weekend.
Follow @Tottenham_fcnws on Twitter!