- A thrilling West Country derby saw BUCS Super Rugby league leadersHartpury College overturn a half-time deficit to beat the University ofBath 24-14 – after a spirited display from the home side.Match report from Team Bath.
- BUCS has today announced the creation of an Inclusion Framework to steer the direction of BUCS' activity across the breadth of the inclusion spectrum within Higher Education.
- England Leaders Wayne Rooney, Nathaniel Chalobah, Steph Houghton and Jack Rutter explain in a new film how adults and children can raise concerns about adults working in football.
- When: Sunday, 11 Dec @ 8pm (GMT)“The limits of sport and human endeavour are there to be challenged; after all, if you haven’t visited the unknown, how do you know if it is impossible.” Guin BattenThese words have been the motivating Guin throughout her life.In 2000 at the Sydney Olympic Games, Guin made history by being part of the crew that won Britain’s first ever female rowing medal at an Olympic Games. This was the highlight of an international career that span
- It’s time… the weather closes in and days on the water get limited by wind, rain and in some places, snow.Time for you to review alternative ways of staying fit, strong and flexible for rowing…… enter Cross Training for Rowers.Cross training for rowers by Ben Rodford Ben Rodford is the master of understanding how to make the most of your rowing training with self-guided tutorials. Written with the insight of elite team programmes (his sister, Beth rowed for
- The top stories from Round 9 of BUCS Super Rugby.
- Exeter put a stop to Hartpury's winning ways- Heartbreak for Leeds with late win from Durham- Loughborough dominate Northumbria
- Bath win the battle of mid-table over Cardiff Met
- Bath win the mid table clash to keep top 4 hopes alive.
- Coming to race in the World Masters Games in Auckland, New Zealand during April 2017?World Masters Games 2017Hire your boats direct from the clubs and benefit local rowing using the availability chart on the North Shore Rowing Club website. World Masters Games Boat Rental. Carefully scheduled by local clubs, each boat is made available for a morning or afternoon session of racing. The regatta programme is run so each event is concluded during one session of racing so you get the
- Just doing some work on the Rowperfect archives and thought I’d share some technique links which may be helpful for us all (new, old, returning rowers, recovering athletes, coaches).1. The Stroke Cycle – a diagram developed by Eric Craies (Grant’s Dad) to teach every generation of West End and Westlake Schoolboys from Mike Stanley onwards. This is a download pdf diagram2. The Rowing Stroke – a helpful diagram showing key points of the stroke cycle a
- Each month subscribers to the Rowperfect newsletter are included in a free prize draw to win one of our products.This month (November) we have this prize: British Olympic womens cravat from 1980This month, Joanna Toch has donated an Olympic Cravat team uniform from the Moscow Games. And the winner is Mitch Ando – we’ve emailed you to get your address.Get Yourself signed up and become eligible to WIN by clicking on the “Join Us”
- Please find below the lists of declared players for the Men's and Women's Hockey Premier A teams.
- The UK Coaching Awards honour sports coaches and coaching organisations who have demonstrated outstanding success over the previous 12 months.He may have been awarded the Lifetime Achievement award at the UK Coaching Awards but Jürgen Grobler insists he has no intention of slowing down any time soon. Grobler turned 70 in the summer – two weeks before he coached the British Rowing men’s squad at his seventh Olympic Games.During that time Great Britain’s most successful Olym
- Market research time – we’d love to get some insight into your world as a rowing coach or a rowing club committee member or club captain. If you’re one (or all) of these things, can you help us answer these questions?These are things we are puzzling over and maybe you can give us some insight.Do clubs get training and development for their coaches?Where do you go to look for coach education for rowing?What’s the number one thing you’d like to change
- Leeds Beckett suffered late, late heartbreak in their hunt for a first BUCS Super Rugby win as a last-minute converted try from Durham secured a dramatic 19-18 win at Headingley Carnegie Stadium.
- Hartpury have been on winning form with 7 wins from 7 so far in BUCS Super rugby but knew it would be a tough fixture against Exeter who continue their 2-year unbeaten run at Fortress Topsham.
- In week nine of the BUCS Super Rugby Loughborough Students hosted Northumbria at their home of Epinal Way. Seventh in the table, Northumbria were hoping to utilise last week’s win to drive them to another victory but the home side proved too strong for the visitors.
- The BUCS Table Tennis Individual Championships took centre stage at the University of Nottingham over the weekend Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th November with the home institution coming away victorious.
- Moving towards the holidays we have an ebook promotion starting today running to 10th December 2016.The Good Cox Guide booksRowing coaching libraryThese are all pdfs and so when you download, you can share them with any of your club mates. Club Coaches should have a library of resources – why not ask your club to set one up?Walter Martindale’s New Recruits and the Survival of Rowing ClubsBen Rodford’s Be your own Support Team ways to prevent injury and become a physi
- Coming into winter means training time indoors when the weather is cruel to rowers. Make every session account by usingAlan Campbell by sported.org.ukRP3 for your indoor rowing.Designed by expert engineer, Casper Rekers, this erg is a rowing boat simulator – that means the movements you make are nearly identical to your movements in a boat.Movement pattern for rowingTeaching and learning the correct movement pattern is a key to successful, fast crews. Alan Campbell’s coach
- The Selection Criteria for Taekwondo at the 2017 World University Games is now available to view and Expression of Interest is now open. Click here for further information.
- The Selection Criteria for Judo at the 2017 World University Games is now available to view. Click here for further information.
- We had an awesome RowingChat today about the history of international British Women’s rowing. Jo Toch, Pauline Bird, Kate Grose all rowed for Great Britain and Helena Smalman-Smith is a rowing historian of the period. We have collated timestamps for the key points we covered during the interview. Below is a link to watch the video on YouTube or Listen on SoundCloud. Please subscribe to the Podcast on iTunes and, continue to tell your friends about RowingChat.01:00 In
- Team Leicester is the collective name for the University of Leicester’s collection of sports clubs. With 37 existing clubs and over 60 teams Team Leicester participants make up the largest sporting community at the University. In recent years Team Leicester has grown exponentially currently with over 1900 active members which has the potential to reach over 2000 by the end of the 2016/17 academic year. Team Leicester allows our students to participate in an extremely diverse range of sport
- Let’s Do Leicester is a programme run by the University of Leicester’s Sport & Recreation service designed to encourage participation in sport. Let’s Do Leicester runs an extensive range of sport and activity sessions throughout academic year for both students and staff at the University. The programme offers traditional sports such as Netball and Badminton; as well as more eccentric activities such as Wheelchair Basketball and Bubble Football. The reason behind this pletho
- It is clear to see that the key skills developed whilst participating in sport at university can be transferred to the working world. However at the University of Leicester we understand that it is not always possible for people to participate in sport as a player, therefore we have created a programme which allows our students to develop skills in a sporting environment through a different role, Leicester Academy. Leicester Academy is a project which allows our students to gain coaching and off
- I did an awful 2k score ( think I was tired as have been training a lot) and now have a week before a 2k test2k Erg Test. Image credit: Jersey Rowing Clubwhat’s the best preparation for the week ahead?One week to practice for a 2k test….Make sure you get good rest, good nutrition and stretch your body daily.Write out your plan for the 2k test. Start with arriving at the gym, what will you wear, how long will it take you to do everything from getting changed, doing a warm up, a stret
- I am keen to look at 2k max training techniques. At moment my best is 6:55. However that is just by being reasonably fir and strong. Would love to actually train specifically? Can you help please?In order to improve your personal 2k score, you need individual training. A plan written for you and a coach to help guide you to improve yourErgometer Testing for Rowerstechnique. There is an ebook called “Ergometer testing for rowers” which has some suggestions on how to approach racing.Th
- We published the ebook Managing and Avoiding Back Injury earlier in the month and have updated it with three additionalAvoiding Rowing Back Injury ebookT-Spine Mobility stretches kindly supplied by Blake Gourlay.If you have already purchased the book – go into your Rowperfect Shop account and you can download it again – you’ll find page 17 includes these three additional stretches with video links.Remember these stretches are suitable for injury prevention as well as rehab afte
- Each month subscribers to the Rowperfect newsletter are included in a free prize draw to win one of our products.This month (November) we have this prize: British Olympic womens cravat from 1980This month, Joanna Toch has donated an Olympic Cravat team uniform from the Moscow Games. And the winner will be announced on 1 DecemberGet Yourself signed up and become eligible to WIN by clicking on the “Join Us” box below, add your email address and y
- Top stories from round eight of the inaugural BUCS Super Rugbytournament:- Both Durham and Northumbria clinch dramatic one point wins- Hartpury remain unbeaten- Exeter climb the table
- Hosts bounce back from nightmare start to complete successful Cardiff revenge mission
- I’m trying to get gloves for my dad, who’s an indoor rower. He’s told me his hands measure 10cm across the palm. On your site this seems to make him an X-Small, unless I’m misreading the centimetre measurements next to the various sizes on the order page. At 6 foot 4 he’s a big bugger and this doesn’t seem right.He’s told me it’s indoor rowing and that he needs left & right, and to get the ‘sculling’ version.Can you tell me exactly
- Update on the 2010 study we published – the link is now restoredRead British Journal of Sports Medicine Ergo comparisons by Ian Bernstein et al.The post Fixed versus floating head ergo design research appeared first on Rowperfect UK.Related posts:How to drop your C2 score by 4 secs per 500
Cross-Training for Rowers
- Durham beat Loughborough for first time in 3 years.
- Hook up with our good friend Ruth from Rowing The World vacations.Rowing the World LogoHere’s what she writesAre you going to the USRowing Convention in Springfield MA?Come and say hello to me in the vendor area. The Masters track on December 3rd looks good – and I am not saying that because I will be speaking at a session titled Expand your Oar-izons To A World of Rowing.Part of the session explores guest rowing at clubs around the world. In preparation I did some research and asked
- In September 2016, The University of Essex opened their doors to a local Charter Standard Community Club, Layer Colts Youth FC, to support the delivery of local grassroots football.
MATCH REPORT:University of Bath left to rue early errors after home BUCS Super Rugby defeat to ExeterAn improved second-half performance was not quite enough to prevent the University of Bath men’s 1st XV slipping to a 26-17 BUCS Super Rugby home defeat against University of Exeter on Wednesday.
- Hartpury maintained their unbeaten start to the BUCS Super Rugby campaign, but not before being given a huge scare by the visitors from Yorkshire.
- BUCS is pleased to announce that Duncan Jones will be joining the organisation on 1st December as the Head of Operations...
- Important news for the UK – we are now authorised to sell RP3 rowing machines.
After a break, Care RP3 have reappointed Rowperfect UK to their UK agency. Please get in touch if you’d like to discuss ordering.RP3 rowing machineThe post We sell RP3s (again) appeared first on Rowperfect UK.Related posts:British Journal of Sports Medicine – Ergo comparisons
How do I get a new copy of the CARE Rowperfect DOS software?
- I also want to know the difference between RP and Concept, because I want to take part in a Concept race but have to train on RP.I use the Care Rowperfect and ask you for some information: What does the chain-position mean? How should I use the disc resistance? Actually I use the second largest disc, but I’m not sure that it is the right one. I row a single, my weight is 59 kg. Using the single to measure the feeling is not possible yet.I don’t have a manual.
And I h
- On the 19th-20th of November, 200 plus students rolled into Manchester for the 2016-17 BUCS Track Cycling Championships.
- Rowperfect would like to thank everyone who entered our Rowing Jewellery giveaway competition this month. We have been overwhelmed with entries and are pleased to announce our winners have been selected!
A special congratulations to Michael Gaston and Joseph Haney! You have both been contacted directly – check your inboxes!For everyone who sadly did not win, it’s not all bad news! We are giving you free shipping on all rowing jewellery purchases from the Rowperfect shop until the end
- If you’re a rowing enthusiast and would like to take your sculling boat with you on a trip, you’ll need to invest in a roof rack and ensure the boat is safe and secure during transit. Tim Crooks roof rack 1xWith a conventional roof rack, your boat will be secure. However as the boat is tied onto a padded metal frame, there is always the risk of damage and scratching because of the high pressure where it’s resting.If you’re searching for a sculling boat roo
- BUCS is seeking an appropriately skilled and knowledgeable individual to update and expand an existing piece of research undertaken in 2012. The research establishes the performance levelof the World University Summer Games in comparison to other majormultisport Games (Commonwealth Games, Olympic Games), to quantifiablydetermine the Games’ potential place in sports’ performance pathways.
- League Leaders Survive Half-Time Scare To Stay Unbeaten
- Regional Trials Nominations The English Universities Steering Group would like to invite athlete nominations for the Regional Trials that will be taking place across the North, Midlands and South from 8th to 11th December. As part of the re-established English Universities Programmes Regional Trials will be held in Men’s and Women’s Hockey, Men’s and Women’s Football, Men’s and Women’s Rugby 7’s, Men’s and Women’s Basketball a
- Across 7 – 13 November, universities all over the UK embraced BUCS' HE-focused This BUCS Girl Can Week, driving a spotlight onto female participation in sport and physical activity on their campuses.
- “How valuable is sculling without a coach watching? Meaning, if I have opportunities to scull in a team boat with a coach should I do that instead of rowing my 1x alone?”Coach giving sculling instruction on the landThat’s a great question.Rowing has two parts to it as a sport – guided practice and solo training. You need to learn to row well and so guided practice with a coach is valuable. But you also need to be able to row without external guidance (pa
- The advancement of British Women’s rowing and their leading world status today is very recent. This time on RowingChat, Rowperfect sits down with 3 women, whose involvement over the years has help build the foundation for the current British Women’s Team’s success. Joanna Toch, Kate Grose and Helena Smalman-Smith join us to discuss the history of women’s rowing in the UK, how their involvement has help shape the direction of the sport and challenges/t
Follow @UKRowingNews on Twitter!