- Ian Drake will step down as British Cycling CEO in April 2017, reportedly having discussed the move with his employer since the start of the yearIan DrakeIan Drake will step down as British Cycling CEO in April 2017, reportedly having discussed the move with his employer since the start of the year
- • British Cycling under investigation over allegations of ‘wrongdoing’
• Drake has been chief executive since 2009The chief executive of British Cycling, Ian Drake, will stand down in April after seven years at the helm of an organisation lauded for marrying medal success to participation growth but now mired in controversy.It is understood that Drake decided at the end of last year that he would leave the governing body, for which he has worked since 1998, following the Ri
- • Man who masterminded British success fears ‘collateral damage’ to Team GB• ‘The need now for conclusive explanations and evidence is greater than ever’The man who set British cycling on the road to the top has said his “greatest fear” is the threat of “collateral damage” from the allegations of wrongdoing that have engulfed the sport in recent months.A furore has erupted around Team Sky following the decision to seek permission for Sir
- If you want a bike with performance pedigree it’d be hard toimprove upon the Scott Contessa Spark 710 Plus, which has evolved from the bikethat won this year's Olympic women’s cross country race. While Swedish riderJenny Rissveds took the cross-country RC 27.5 version to victory, the 710 Plus has added features that transform an out-and-out race bike into somethingthat’s a whole lot more trail friendly. Best women's mountain bikes: how to choose the right bike for you6 of the b
- Manchester driver who hit cyclist is followed home and detained by another motorist who witnessed the incidentManchester driver who hit cyclist is followed home and detained by another motorist who witnessed the incident
- Two-time world champion on the bike, superstar and showman off it
The post Fourteen times Peter Sagan has proved he is winning at life appeared first on Road Cycling UK.
- Elia Viviani talks about how sprinting in Team Sky differs to other teams Elia Viviani sprinting to a win for Team Sky. Photo: Graham Watson Elia Viviani talks about how sprinting in Team Sky differs to other teams
- Team Wiggins rider came fifth in the opening stage sprint at the Abu Dhabi Tour, and feels comfortable in the company of big name sprinters Photo: Graham Watson Team Wiggins rider came fifth in the opening stage sprint at the Abu Dhabi Tour, and feels comfortable in the company of big name sprinters
- We take a look at each and every bike in Merida’s 2017 range of road bikes, including the new Scultura Disc Merida nailed their colours to the mast last spring by introducing the Scultura Disc ahead of Paris-Roubaix – and the super-light machine was one of the few disc-equipped bikes raced at the 2016 Queen […]
The post Merida 2017 road bikes – first look: Scultura Disc, Reacto, Ride and more appeared first on Road Cycling UK.
- Cannondale-Drapac and LottoNL-Jumbo name strong squads for the Revolution Series Champions LeagueRyan Mullen in the Eneco Tour time trial (Watson)Cannondale-Drapac and LottoNL-Jumbo name strong squads for the Revolution Series Champions League
- To keep your lower half warm cycling in the winter, you havethree basic options: leg warmers with bib shorts, tights over bib shorts, orwinter bib tights. Here we show you five of the best winter bib tights for cycling, whichare the simplest way to suit up and head out into the elements.Best winter cycling clothing: a buyer's guideComplete guide to winter road cyclingWhat to look forInsulating warmth and wicking should be givens in thiscategory, as all winter tights have some degree of Roubaix-l
- Sir Nicolas Soames uses a bike to beat congestion in Central London Sir Nicolas Soames uses a bike to beat congestion in Central London
- If a road bike has mountain-bike tires, disc brakes and asuspension fork, is it still a road bike? Drop-bar machines keep gettingweirder, and that’s a good thing — especially for those of us who justwant a normal road bike.Lauf Grit fork reviewThe weird and wonderful from Interbike 2016This year at Interbike I rode a 3T Exploro — thebrand’s aero gravel bike (yes, really; that’s a thing now) — with a 1xhydraulic group, a Lauf suspension fork and
- Fast first stage of the 2016 Abu Dhabi Tour sees Giacomo Nizzolo out-pace John Degenkolb and Mark CavendishGiacomo Nizzolo wins stage one of the 2016 Abu Dhabi TourFast first stage of the 2016 Abu Dhabi Tour sees Giacomo Nizzolo out-pace John Degenkolb and Mark Cavendish
- Angular frame is made in aluminium for a sub-10kg weightViks makes urban bikes in Estonia. Its GT model was inspired by the sharp angles and triangular styling of the …Continue reading »
- Speakers attached to the sides of your helmet give you music on the goIf you cover lots of miles on your bike, it’s nice to have some music to accompany your riding. But …Continue reading »
- This is a sponsored post in association with A1 Coaching.Throughout this series of articles, becoming a more efficient athlete has been the main goal; by maximising the time one has available in the most effective way possible. Your approach to nutrition can be viewed in the same way. It seems that every day there’s a new diet that is the solution to all your problems. Like we have achieved with our training and recovery principles, we’ve cut out the nonsense and can provide an appro
- We take a look back at some of the racing highlights of 2016, including Chris Froome's improbable win and the rainbow day at the Tour of FlandersWe take a look back at some of the racing highlights of 2016, including Chris Froome's improbable win and the rainbow day at the Tour of Flanders
- The worldof bike lighting technology is packed with jargon and it can be hard to figureout exactly what you need without spending a fortune. Luckily, we're here to help find the best mountain bike lights for you.The best mountain bike lightsBest waterproof jackets for cyclistsTo cut tothe basics, the only requirement for mountain biking in the dark is some kindof illumination. Even a basic commuting light can stand in, but you’ll quicklydiscover that riding can get sketchy very quickly wit
- Bright enough to light your commute or night-time training ride without impacting too much on your budget
The post Buyer’s guide: Ten of the best front bike lights for less than £100 appeared first on Road Cycling UK.
- The Abu Dhabi Tour kicks off on Thursday, boasting a star-studded start list for its four days of racing in the United Arab Emirates (October 20-23)Mark Cavendish Abu Dhabi Tour stage oneThe Abu Dhabi Tour kicks off on Thursday, boasting a star-studded start list for its four days of racing in the United Arab Emirates (October 20-23)
- Yesterday, Tesla announced that from this point forward, allthe vehicles it produces, including the new Model 3, will have the hardwarenecessary to drive themselves. While that means they'll be programmed to avoid cyclists in risky scenarios – definitely good news – we're also wondering if that means they could even be "bullied" by the two-wheeled fraternity.How to ride safely in trafficSix fundamental elements of safe winter riding“Self-driving vehicles will play a crucial rol
- New mid-price helmet available with MIPS while sunglass lenses are designed to increase perception of detail.Smith is expanding its range of cycling kit with the launch in November of the Route, a mid-priced helmet at …Continue reading »
- Changing to puncture-resistant tyres for the winter used to be standard practice but better rubber means it’s no longer a necessity Winter tyres Changing to puncture-resistant tyres for the winter used to be standard practice but better rubber means it’s no longer a necessity
- A few months back Colorado-based Niner revamped its XC dualie the JET 9 and trail-focused RIP 9 with more aggressive geometry, boost wheel spacing and 27.5+ wheel compatibility — an interesting choice for a brand built around 29ers.Niner's new Jet 9 and RIP 9 are bang up to date big wheelersNiner’s Air 9 RDO gets a refreshBest mountain bike: how to choose the right one for youInitially, these upgrades were only applied to the carbon fiber version, but trickle-down tech has now reache
- A star-studded line-up for the London Six Day has been revealed, including the much anticipated appearance of Sir Bradley Wiggins and Mark CavendishBradley Wiggins and Mark Cavendish win the Madison, Track World Championships 2016A star-studded line-up for the London Six Day has been revealed, including the much anticipated appearance of Sir Bradley Wiggins and Mark Cavendish
- British Cycling has started the process of looking for a new performance director, a job held by Sir Dave Brailsford up to 2014British Cycling has started the process of looking for a new performance director, a job held by Sir Dave Brailsford up to 2014
- Osprey’s Talon 6 is designed primarily as a walking and running pack, but the fact it combines a respectable six litres of kit storage plus two 600ml water bottles without getting your back sweaty makes it an interesting option for mountain bikers.Best mountain bike helmets for trail riding8 tips for staying motivated on the trailsMuch like Osprey’s conventional range of mountain bike backpacks, the Talon 6 is really well made, with plenty of tough ripstop nylon material used through
- The team will concentrate on fewer riders and develop sustainable links with teams in the Women's WorldTour The team will concentrate on fewer riders and develop sustainable links with teams in the Women's WorldTour
- The 2017 Wiggle Super Series has arrived. 42 fantastic events all over the country
- Adventure cycling is on the rise and with it a range of events that cater for riders who like a good, long, epic adventure are too. Cyclocross sportives are very definitely in this camp, but at a recent event I found that I was one of a very small number of female participants. Jenny Rissveds' winning mental and physical training strategies9 steps to your own life-changing adventureRachel Atherton's 9 tips for a great race seasonAlmost as much as I love riding my bike, I love riding thecres
- Dr Hutch delves into the minds of the creative geniuses who devise road safety films Dr Hutch delves into the minds of the creative geniuses who devise road safety films
- No other company can lay claim to a cyclocross pedigree likeRidley. This Belgian company lives for the sport and its bikes reflect itsunique approach to cyclocross, and the Ridley X-Night SL Ultegra is no exception. Despite thefull carbon frame, tubeless-ready wheels and tires and hydraulic disc brakes, Ridley still relies on its traditional high and tight framegeometry. The best cyclocross bikes we've tested this yearHow to find the right tire pressure for cyclocrossTrue to formADVERTISEMENT
- Folding bikes are brilliant for commuters, city dwellers and everyone else short on space. They can be packed down small, so you can fit them into the busiest of trains or the smallest of apartments. Read on for our buyer's guide and find out which one's right for you…Our complete folding bike reviews10 tips for safer city cyclingBest bike: what type of bike should I buy?This article was updated on 19 October, 2016First off, let's be clear — not all folding bikes are made equal. The
- Vektron is designed to fold small enough for carriage on public transport but can reach speeds of up to 20mphUS-based Tern has collaborated with Bosch to develop its new folding e-bike. It says that its new Vektron solves the …Continue reading »
- Harking back to their Tinkoff Credit Systems days, the Russian team unveil their billionth new kit in their history for the Abu Dhabi TourTinkoff in their new kit ahead of the Abu Dhabi Tour (photo: Tinkoffteam.com)Tinkoff may be bowing out of cycling at the end of the season, but this has not stopped them keeping …Continue reading »
- Mountain Biking UK's November issue is full to the brim with adventure, personality, bike riding and kit reviews. We're also looking after your expensive bike — giving away free bike brushes that are ideal to keep that autumnal grime away from your precious!The best mountain bike lightsThe best mountain bikes under £750This month's issue of MBUK is also looking into the future. We've got a comprehensive roundup of the hottest and fanciest 2017 kit that you won't be able to resist spe
- Get ready for some lengthy stints on the sofa because the Tour de France could be live from start to finish on British televisions next yearChris Froome at the 2017 Tour de France Presentation (Watson)Get ready for some lengthy stints on the sofa because the Tour de France could be live from start to finish on British televisions next year
- The length of a cyclist's career is limited, so what happens when 'Civvy street' calls?
The post Retirement and the pro cyclist: what comes next after a career in the peloton? appeared first on Road Cycling UK.
- The British rider took his career up a level with a strict diet and training regime after his move to the South of France Sean Yates winning a stage of the Vuelta a España. Photo: Graham Watson The British rider took his career up a level with a strict diet and training regime after his move to the South of France
- Christian Prudhomme says ASO have propsed reducing the number of riders on a Tour de France team to eight, it just needs the UCI's approvalLuke Rowe leads Team Sky on stage sixteen of the 2015 Tour de FranceChristian Prudhomme says ASO have propsed reducing the number of riders on a Tour de France team to eight, it just needs the UCI's approval
- Everyone knows how a bike stays upright — the gyroscopic forces induced by the spinning wheels, and the “castor effect” created by trail. Or do they? A team of engineers says it's proven that bikes can stay upright even without these things. How to choose road bike geometryPushing the limits of fork offset: an experimentRecent progressions in mountain bike geometryWhile it’s been generally accepted for decades that they are the two factors keeping your bike upright, Engli
- Our writers made their predictions for the 2016 season, but how many of them turned out to be correct? Not many...Chris Froome and his teammates at the finish of Stage 21 of the 2015 Tour de FranceYou may remember that in before the 2016 cycling season got underway, some of Cycling Weekly‘s finest analytical minds took …Continue reading »
- Thesun may be setting earlier and the air may be getting colder but that doesn’tmean you’re relegated to only riding indoors or on weekends. Winter isn’t aseason to be fought tooth and nail; it’s another season just like summer,spring, and autumn, and there’s no reason it can’t be as enjoyable with theright approach.Best mountain bike lightsBest winter cycling clothing: a buyer's guideBring your own sunDealingwith the darkness is the easiest of the problems to
- Giant-Alpecin's Tom Dumoulin will wait for the routes of the Giro d'Italia and Vuelta a España to be announced before finalising his plan for 2017Tom DumoulinGiant-Alpecin's Tom Dumoulin will wait for the routes of the Giro d'Italia and Vuelta a España to be announced before finalising his plan for 2017
- Hot soup is one of life's greatest comforts, particularly if you've been out in the cold and wet. We've hand-picked a selection of nourishing and tasty soup recipes that are packed full of veg and quick to whip up after a day in the saddle. We've partnered with Olive magazine (also published by Immediate Media) to bring you the very best recipes for cyclists. All the recipes are easy to follow and take you through step-by-step how to create everything from homemade nutrition
- The Étape du Tour mass participation sportive will be on the same route of stage 18 of the Tour de France, taking place on July 16. Read on for more cycling videos from around the internet The Etape du TourThe Étape du Tour mass participation sportive will be on the same route of stage 18 of the Tour de France, taking place on July 16. Read on for more cycling videos from around the internet
- The Peak District is home to some of the most beautiful countryside - and toughest climbs - in the country
The post Ten of the best cycling climbs in the Peak District appeared first on Road Cycling UK.
- The 2017 Tour de France is light on big-name climbs, but that means we get the chance to see some lesser known ascents where the race will be decided(Photo: Watson)The 2017 Tour de France is light on big-name climbs, but that means we get the chance to see some lesser known ascents where the race will be decided
- This article was originally published on CyclingnewsThe Pinarello family has issued a press release in the wake of reports that they are set to be purchased by luxury brand conglomerate LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE (LVMH Group), confirming the negotiations.Luis Vuitton to buy Pinarello?Pinarello reviews and buying advicePinarello Dogma F8Sky Di2 reviewReports this week in the Italian press stated that the LVMH Group was looking to expand into the sports and wellness arena, and the Pi
Follow @UK_Cycling_News on Twitter!