- An "urgent" solution is needed to stop HMP Birmingham prisoners taking psychoactive drugs, an independent report says.
- CITY of Wolverhampton Council has said it hopes the conviction of two landlords will act as a strong deterrent to others who put their tenants health...
- A former undercover West Midlands Police detective has revealed he once paid £15,000 to a police informant.
- Port Vale want a permanent deal for on-loan Birmingham City striker Alex Jones, says chairman Norman Smurthwaite
- A Liberty Human Rights Award will be given to families of the 1974 bombing victims after their campaign to get inquests reopened.
- Warwickshire's footballer turned cricketer Keith Barker would seriously consider playing for the West Indies.
- A footballer who fled Syria where some of his team-mates were killed describes how they kept playing despite the war.
- Insider Media
£100m Wolverhampton education hub approved
Proposals to transform a derelict brewery into a £100m education hub for construction and the built environment in Wolverhampton have been given the green light. The University of Wolverhampton submitted planning applications for the next phase of ...
- Heathrow's third runway may have got the go-ahead, but what expansion plans do the UK's other major airports have?
- A man is convicted of the "calculated, pre-meditated" murder of a teenager in Birmingham.
- Liam Daly's own goal is enough to keep Forest Green four points clear at the top of the National League table.
- England claim their sixth win in nine games with a friendly victory over Spain as they continue their preparations for Euro 2017.
- Italian Football Daily (blog)
Wolverhampton Wanderers sack Walter Zenga after just 14 matches
Wolverhampton Wanderers have sacked their second manager in the space of just three months, with the Italian Walter Zenga ditched after just 14 games in charge. Wolves have lost four out of their last five league games and are 18th in the Championship, ...
Wolverhampton Wanderers Sack Manager Walter Zenga After Just 87 Days in Charge90min
Walter Zenga sacked as manager of Wolverham
- A woman says she has been failed by the justice system after an imam who abused her fled the UK after being convicted.
- Championship club Wolves sack head coach Walter Zenga after 87 days in charge.
Hull City club secretary Matt Wild resigns - and will join Wolverhampton Wanderers - Hull Daily MailHull City club secretary Matt Wild resigns - and will join Wolverhampton Wanderers
Hull Daily Mail
Hull City club secretary Matt Wild has become the latest senior figure to head towards the exit door at the KCOM Stadium after resigning from a post he has held since 2013. The Mail understands Wild handed in his notice last week but will remain with ...
- A man is jailed for murder after fatally stabbing another man in the neck that he "had history with" in an internet cafe.
- West Bromwich Albion's Jonas Olsson says competition in defence is "tough" but is not worried about his lack of football.
- Police hunt for a driver who knocked down an 88-year-old grandmother in a fatal hit-and-run.
Meet the Wolverhampton scientists who've made a breakthrough on the 'male pill' - expressandstar.comexpressandstar.com
Meet the Wolverhampton scientists who've made a breakthrough on the 'male pill'
Black Country scientists have made a breakthrough that could have a huge impact on the sex lives of millions around the world. Professor John Howl. 0. Comments. A giant step forward has been made towards the introduction of a 'male pill' after ...and more »
- UKIP leadership candidate Bill Etheridge pulls out of the contest, calling rival Paul Nuttall "the only person who can effectively unite our party".
- Sammy Smyth, the last surviving member of Wolves' 1949 FA Cup-winning side, dies at the age of 91.
- Heading a football can significantly affect a player's brain function and memory for 24 hours, a study finds.
- A biker who led West Midlands Police on a 20-minute chase through Birmingham has been jailed.
- Winger Erhun Oztumer says Walsall fans are now starting to see the Saddlers' new-look squad play to its potential.
- Aston Villa goalkeeper Pierluigi Gollini says new boss Steve Bruce is restoring confidence at the Championship club.
- Kidderminster Shuttle
Independent Wolverhampton hotel invests £250,000 to create ...
An independently owned Wolverhampton hotel is continuing with a major investment and refurbishment plan by investing £250000 into redeveloping…and more »
- Use this tool to send us your questions about Birmingham and the Black Country.
- Birmingham's skyline appears to have risen out of the recession but has the city recovered?
- Birmingham goalkeeper Sophie Baggaley has replaced the injured Siobhan Chamberlain in the England squad to face Spain.
Wolverhampton road blocked at Chapel Ash for more than six hours due to 'major accident' - expressandstar.comexpressandstar.com
Wolverhampton road blocked at Chapel Ash for more than six hours due to 'major accident'
A car has received damage as a 'major accident' blocked a busy junction into Wolverhampton city centre for more than six hours. chapel ash crash Wolverhampton's response policing team tweeted this picture of the crash scene. The crash happened at ...
- Insider Media
Wolverhampton warehouse sold for £1.3m
Established in 1999, Willenhall-based Baby Travel will use the Linthouse Lane site in Wednesfield as a storage and distribution hub. Harris Lamb acted on the deal. Tom Morley of Harris Lamb's Industrial Agency team, said: "There is a real lack of ...and more »
- A paramedic describes being constantly spat at as well being verbally and physically abused by patients.
- A leading health expert says government legislation is needed to halt the rise in type 2 diabetes.
- LUFC Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leeds United Highlights
Leeds earned all three points thanks to a second half own goal in a 1-0 win. Courtesy of the Wolverhampton Wanderers YouTube Channel. Join The Vital Debate Vital Leeds are the proud sponsors of the Thames Valley Whites Regional Supporters cluband more »
Wolverhampton amongst worst spots for uninsured cars
Wolverhampton and Smethwick are among the worst areas for uninsured vehicles, new figures have revealed. police stock. 3. Comments. The figures have been revealed as part of a motor insurance enforcement awareness week in the West Midlands.
- Goals from Sadio Mane and Philippe Coutinho help Liverpool beat West Brom 2-1 to move second in the Premier League.
- Head coach Walter Zenga has the full support of his Wolves squad despite a poor run of form, says midfielder Dave Edwards.
- Tranmere move up to fourth in the National League after they beat Solihull at the Automated Technology Group Stadium.
- Steve Bruce earns his first home win as Aston Villa manager as his side edge past Fulham in an poor game.
- Erhun Oztumer's audacious lob put Walsall on course for victory as they beat Swindon in League One.
- Kemar Roofe's first goal for Leeds earns a victory at Wolves, whose winless Championship run stretches to five matches.
- A driver spurns the conventional route for entering a garage - by smashing right through the side of the brick structure.
- BBC News
Wolverhampton citizen's arrest: Bag snatch suspect dies in hospital
A man who was restrained by two members of the public who believed he had snatched a woman's bag has died in hospital, police have said. Officers were called in the early hours of 16 October to a suspected robbery on Stafford Road, Wolverhampton.
Suspected robber dies following incident in Wolverhampton - ITV.comITV News
Suspected thief dies after citizens' arrest in WolverhamptonThe Guardian
Probe after man i
- A man who was restrained by two members of the public who believed he had snatched a woman's bag has died in hospital, police say.
- The wife of a man who was driven to hospital in Birmingham with a fatal stab wound pays tribute to her "gentle giant".
- An inexperienced mountain walker died in a fall after abandoning a bid to reach the summit of Snowdon via an arduous route, an inquest hears.
- Lloyd Dyer and Jamie Ward score as Burton beat Birmingham City in the first-ever meeting between the two teams.
- BBC News
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leeds United - BBC Sport
Preview followed by live coverage of Saturday's Championship game between Wolves and Leeds United.
Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Leeds United - Football Match ...ESPN FCall 5 news articles »
- BBC News
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leeds United
Walter Zenga's Wolves have Benfica loan man Joao Teixeira pushing for a start as they aim to end a run of four games without a win at home to Leeds United. He came off the bench to good effect as Wolves lost 1-0 at Brighton in midweek. Leeds, who have ...and more »
Follow @UKWolverhampton on Twitter!