Tameside College's Advanced Technologies Centre gets new brand identity
FE News (registration)
Tameside College will officially open its Advanced Technologies Centre on Friday 19th May with an exciting new brand and logo that will reflect the new centre's specialism in science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM). The new Advanced ...
- The ex-Royal Navy officer is thought to have been hit by his own car as he confronted thieves.
- England call up three uncapped players in Mike McMeeken, Chris McQueen and Alex Walmsley for May's Samoa Test.
- Manchester United striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic says he will "come back even stronger" after suffering cruciate knee-ligament damage.
- A profile of John Timpson, the boss of family-owned shoe repair firm Timpson, which has a very unusual recruitment policy.
- James Guy wins his fourth gold of the British Swimming Championships as Ben Proud sets another record.
- Pep Guardiola must lift his players quickly to ensure they qualify for next season's Champions League, argues Jermaine Jenas,
- Alex Davies and Liam Livingstone score centuries to leave Lancashire's match with Somerset nicely poised with one day left.
- Wayne Rooney scores for the first time since January as Manchester United earn a comfortable victory over Burnley.
- Championship side Swinton Lions knock Super League strugglers Huddersfield Giants out of the Challenge Cup fifth round.
- Tom Davies, Liam Forsyth and Joe Burgess each score two tries in Wigan Warriors' Super League win over Catalans Dragons.
- Runner Matthew Rees comes to the rescue of a fellow competitor just before the race finish.
- Raheem Sterling's goal for Manchester City is ruled out after the linesman says Leroy Sane's cross went out of play behind the goal before coming back in.
- Salford beat third-tier side Toronto Wolfpack to reach round six of the Challenge Cup, despite Justin Carney's red card.
- Thomas Young was invited for a mock trial after writing to the club offering his services in goal.
- The family of Jean Alexander, who played the Coronation Street battleaxe, found them in a wardrobe.
- Three people are injured as bleach is thrown from a passing car in Manchester.
- Wigan Athletic face an immediate return to League One after they play out a goalless draw against Cardiff City.
- Holders Lyon dominate to win 3-1 at Manchester City in the first leg of their Women's Champions League semi-final.
- The Daniel Adamson was previously used as a gin palace on the Manchester Ship Canal.
- Request sent to Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council by charlotte castro on 21 April 2017. Awaiting response.Please can you confirm the location of and public access to the Brownfield Register you created under the pilot scheme with the £10000 grant in 2016...
- Request sent to Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council by Doug Paulley on 19 April 2017. Awaiting response.1) Please advise if you have produced, or currently intend to produce, a list of wheelchair accessible:
a) taxisandb) private hire vehicles...
- The Business Desk
Handshake signals £14m retail development for Tameside
The Business Desk
Construction of a new £14m retail development in Tameside, Greater Manchester is one step nearer after a development agreement was signed between Maple Grove Developments, and Peak Valley Housing Association. The nine-acre district centre on ...
- Former UK chancellor George Osborne to quit as an MP, the Evening Standard reports.
- Jordan Ratcliffe, then aged 16, was last seen in August 2008 after being dropped off in Manchester.
- Simon Danczuk was suspended by Labour in 2015 after he exchanged explicit messages with a teenager.
- Alicia Moran, 14, was found safe and well in Bristol after an appeal by police and her family.
- Bolton miss the chance to go four points clear of third place as they are held to a draw by relegation-threatened rivals Bury.
- Anthony Grainger was not planning an armed robbery at the time he was fatally shot by police, an inquiry hears.
- A general election could cause the postponement of the Manchester Gorton by-election.
- Wigan need to win three from three and avoid "Sunday league" defending to stay up, says boss Graham Barrow.
- Wigan half-back Jake Shorrocks could be out for the season with a knee injury, while prop Tony Clubb is also out long-term.
Hundreds of Tameside College students and teachers evacuated after Twitter 'gun' threat - The IndependentThe Independent
Hundreds of Tameside College students and teachers evacuated after Twitter 'gun' threat
Hundreds of pupils and staff were evacuated from a Greater Manchester college after it received a "gun" threat on social media. After putting the site on lockdown, Tameside College, in Ashton-under-Lyne said it had removed everyone from all its sites ...
Students put into lockdown after 'gun attack' threat made against Tameside CollegeManchester Evening News
Students warned to
- Bury Times
Threat made to Bury College as Tameside College is on lockdown
Don't be the last to know! Get the latest local news straight to your inbox. Sign up. BURY College has increased its security after it received another threat. Police confirmed the threat was made at around 11.30am this morning. Security teams at the ...
- Request sent to Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council by Anne Heavey on 18 April 2017. Awaiting response.I would like the following information in regards to the Local Authority’s approach to allocating the high needs budget to provide SEND provision to...
- The 29-year-old victim has been left with potentially life-changing injuries following the street attack.
- Championship leaders Brighton are promoted to the Premier League after they beat Wigan and Huddersfield draw at Derby.
- Manchester City reach the Women's FA Cup final for the first time, beating Liverpool thanks to Melissa Lawley's goal.
- Kumar Sangakkara hits 136 and Scott Borthwick makes an unbeaten 108 as Surrey escape with a draw against Lancashire.
- The assault happened at a Manchester club which bills itself as a "celebrity hang-out"
- A collapse at the hands of Lancashire's spinners forces Surrey to follow on at The Oval on day three in Division One.
- Manchester United do Chelsea's title rivals Spurs a favour and keep up their own pursuit of the top four with a dominant win over the leaders.
- Manchester City strengthen their hopes of a top-four Premier League finish as a slick second-half display sees off Southampton.
- Team news as Catalans Dragons host Salford Red Devils in Monday's Super League match at Stade Gilbert Brutus (17:00 BST).
- Shiv Chanderpaul makes 182 as Lancashire score 470 at The Oval, with Surrey 112-2 in reply at the close on day two.
- Team news as Leigh Centurions host Hull FC in Monday's Super League match at Leigh Sports Village (15:00 BST).
- Preview followed by live coverage of Monday's Championship game between Brighton & Hove Albion and Wigan Athletic.
- Tom Marshall scores two tries to help Gloucester maintain their slim hopes of a top-six finish with victory over Sale Sharks.
- Sheffield United are crowned League One champions as Oldham beat second-placed Bolton with Lee Erwin's second-half goal.
- Team news as Warrington Wolves host Huddersfield Giants in Monday's Super League match at the Halliwell Jones Stadium (15:00 BST).
Follow @Tameside_News_ on Twitter!