Tameside model: Jailed 'Fake Sheikh' ruined my career
A former model from Tameside says her career was ruined thanks to a sting by undercover reporter, Mazer Mahmood, the so-called Fake Sheikh. Emma Morgan, a former page three model, was covertly filmed taking cannabis and cocaine. She now plans to ...and more »
- The identity of a dismembered and burnt man found in a suitcase in Derbyshire is still a mystery, police say.
- Plans to build a 51-storey skyscraper at the former Granada studios site in Manchester city centre are approved.
- A man was forced to busk as a nun in Manchester city centre as "punishment" for finishing last in his friends' fantasy football league.
- Sale Sharks boss Steve Diamond compares Toulon's European Champions Cup visit to "a bit like Barcelona coming to Manchester".
- Services across Greater Manchester's Metrolink network are hit by delays following a points failure, which led to one line being suspended.
- Thousands of gay and bisexual men convicted of now-abolished sexual offences are to receive posthumous pardons - a victory for campaigners for an "Alan Turing law".
- Manchester Evening News
Fireworks displays and bonfires in Tameside 2016 - Manchester ...
Manchester Evening News
Bonfire Night is just a few weeks away with its promise of toffee apples, sparklers and magical fireworks. There are dozens of fireworks displays and bonfire night ...and more »
- Manchester Evening News
Fireworks displays and bonfires in Tameside 2016
Manchester Evening News
Bonfire Night is just a few weeks away with its promise of toffee apples, sparklers and magical fireworks. There are dozens of fireworks displays and bonfire night events taking place in Greater Manchester on and around Guy Fawkes Night on November 5 ...and more »
- Pep Guardiola says he will never change his tactical philosophy despite Manchester City suffering a 4-0 loss at Barcelona.
- Preview followed by live coverage of Thursday's Europa League game between Manchester United and Fenerbahce.
- Lionel Messi scores a hat-trick as Barcelona punish 10-man Manchester City in the Champions League on Pep Guardiola's return to his old club.
- Warrington councillors have agreed to accept an elected mayor as part of a future devolution deal.
- A case against a former teacher accused of child sex abuse at a boys school is dropped.
- Sale Sharks players are rescued by a fire crew after they get stuck in a lift before their 30-3 defeat by Bath.
- Charity campaigners launch a bid to save a synagogue from being flattened by Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville.
- St Helens sign hooker Tommy Lee on a two-year contract from fellow Super League side Salford Red Devils.
- Fenerbahce's team plane is forced to make an emergency landing on its way to the UK for Thursday's Europa League game against Manchester United.
- A runway is closed at Manchester Airport after a British Airways plane from London Heathrow develops a technical fault after landing.
- Rochdale boss Keith Hill is unhappy with his side being asked to travel to Swindon for a Tuesday evening fixture.
- England's leading wicket-taker James Anderson will miss the first Test in India next month as he continues his recovery from a shoulder injury.
- BBC North West Tonight speak to Tony Collins, who became Britain's first black manager when appointed Rochdale boss in 1960.
- Two men who blagged their way onto an Olympic parade float in Manchester claiming they were fencing gold medallists say they meant no harm.
- Super League winners Wigan will face Warrington at the 2017 Magic Weekend in a repeat of this year's Grand Final.
- Sammy Ameobi and David Wheater are on target for Bolton as they leave Millwall with three points in League One.
- Two late first-half goals give Oldham a surprise victory over League One leaders Scunthorpe.
- Swindon make light of their lowly position by bringing Rochdale's winning streak to a halt with victory at the County Ground.
- Jonathan Meades heads a stoppage-time goal to give AFC Wimbledon victory at Bury in League One.
- Shaun MacDonald grabs a stoppage-time equaliser to earn only Wigan's second point on the road this season.
- Preview followed by live coverage of Wednesday's Champions League game between Barcelona and Manchester City.
- Two people suffer head injuries when part of the roof collapses at Manchester's Victoria Station.
- A police officer put his foot in it after allegedly ruining a couple's £16,000 driveway while questioning them over a stolen Porsche car.
- Manchester City are adopting Barcelona's style of play under new manager Pep Guardiola, says Barca defender Gerard Pique.
- Olly Murs cancelled his Olympic and Paralympic parade show performance in Manchester after being told to change his set, his management claims.
- Lancashire re-sign Australia all-rounder James Faulkner for the T20 Blast competition in 2017.
- Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho is contacted by the Football Association regarding pre-match comments he made about referee Anthony Taylor.
- Liverpool Echo
Reds hot streak continues with win over Tameside
Liverpool Basketball Club's U16 Reds continue to dominate the North West Basketball League after an impressive 118-29 win over Tameside, as they continue to go from strength to strength. Scoring 22 points to 6 in the first quarter, the Liverpool side ...
- A murder investigation is launched after a man dies following a mass street fight in Greater Manchester.
- Warrington Wolves sign Wigan prop Dom Crosby and St Helens back-rower Andre Savelio for the 2017 Super League season.
- Two imposters managed to sneak on to a float during the celebratory Rio 2016 parade in Manchester, the British Olympic Association confirms.
- Manchester City can achieve "great things" in England and Europe after posting record turnover of almost £400m, says chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak.
- A police officer heading a cold case unit says a law requiring police to destroy DNA samples is allowing criminals to go free.
- Manager Jose Mourinho says Manchester United's 0-0 draw at Anfield was "a positive result" and "a point that stopped them winning three".
- Liverpool and Manchester United play out a goalless and uneventful stalemate on a disappointing night at Anfield.
- UKIP MEP Steven Woolfe, who spent three nights in hospital after a row with a party colleague, is quitting the party, saying it is in a "death spiral".
- Great Britain's Olympic and Paralympic stars parade through Manchester to celebrate their record-breaking performances at Rio 2016.
- No Sir Bobby Charlton? Or Ian Rush? Agonising choices had to be made as more than 150,000 users picked their combined Liverpool-Manchester United XI.
- Fans of Victoria Wood vote for her memorial statue to depict Bren, the character she portrayed in the BBC One sitcom Dinnerladies.
- Manchester City are drawn to face Danish side Brondby in the last 16 of the Women's Champions League in November.
- A sinkhole measuring six metres (20ft) across opens up in a road in Greater Manchester.
Follow @Tameside_News_ on Twitter!