- Sunderland boss David Moyes has admitted he is unlikely to be able to bring in any players this month who could make a big difference..
- The Sun
Sunderland-West Brom Preview
Yahoo Canada Sports
West Bromwich Albion have made a habit in recent seasons of struggling to maintain their Premier League status. That doesn't appear to be in jeopardy this season. Tony Pulis' boys have given a nice account of themselves in 2016-17, and enter Saturday's ...
West Brom v Sunderland: No corners, no free-kicks, no crossesSunderland Echo
West Brom vs Sunderland: What are the latest odds for the game, what TV channel is it on and what time
Sunderland summer targets Leonardo Ulloa and Phil Jagielka set to move as window shows signs of life - ChronicleLiveChronicleLive
Sunderland summer targets Leonardo Ulloa and Phil Jagielka set to move as window shows signs of life
Leonardo Ulloa has reportedly handed in a transfer request at Leicester City while another Sunderland summer target, Phil Jagielka, has been told he can leave Everton. After a very slow first couple of weeks, the transfer window logjam is finally ...and more »
Crystal Palace go back in for Sunderland defender as interest in ex-Manchester United man cools - Croydon AdvertiserCroydon Advertiser
Crystal Palace go back in for Sunderland defender as interest in ex-Manchester United man cools
Crystal Palace are set to return with a fresh bid to sign Sunderland left-back Patrick van Aanholt, according to reports. The Eagles had a £7m bid rejected by the Black Cats last week, with Sunderland boss David Moyes confirming that in his press ...
Former Sunderland defender gives an insight as to how Sam Allardyce's teams avoid relegationChronicleLive
Sunderland target future is unclear after Everton boss admits he could leave
Sunderland target Phil Jagielka could be allowed to leave Goodison Park, after Everton boss Ronald Koeman admitted the player was not happy at his lack of game time. The Toffees' skipper is believed to be on David Moyes' wanted list, with the Scot ...and more »
Ex-Sunderland midfielder recalls the lasting impression Jordan Pickford made on him
Former Sunderland midfielder Rory Delap admits he had been waiting for Jordan Pickford to announce himself at Sunderland , having spotted his 'quality' at an early age. Most well-known for his spell at Stoke City, Delap ended his career at Championship ...
- ESPN (blog)
Moyes must defy the odds at Sunderland
The FC panel look at the congested relegation fight in the Prem and if anyone has a hope of making a resurgence. Sunderland will attempt to steer their Premier League survival campaign back on course at West Bromwich Albion on Saturday after a bitterly ...
Ex-Sunderland midfielder believes the transfer window will 'make or break' their seasonChronicleLive
Man On The Street: Moyes isn't the problem - Sunderland's spineless playe
Who is Ryad Boudebouz? Sunderland target has plenty to offer the Premier League
Compared to West Ham's Dimitri Payet, Ryad Boudebouz has been lined with a move to Sunderland - but what would they get for their money? Share; Comments. ByStuart Jamieson. 12:05, 19 JAN 2017. Sport. Ryad Boudebouz of Montpellier (Photo: Ian ...
Sunderland: Robbie Brady, Ryad Boudebouz and the possibility of Fabio Borini departingThe Northern Echo (registration)
Sunderland linked wit
SAFC TransferWipe: Does 'this' mean Sunderland have sold someone? And is Fabio Borini for sale? - Roker Report (blog)Roker Report (blog)
SAFC TransferWipe: Does 'this' mean Sunderland have sold someone? And is Fabio Borini for sale?
Roker Report (blog)
In this morning's transfer update; the figures for a Robbie Brady bid - or anyone else for that matter - don't add up, no matter how hard they're massaged. So have Sunderland already agreed a sale or two to raise funds? And is Fabio Borini actually for ...
Sunderland Transfer News: Fabio Borini to go, Brady and Jagielka lined upDaily Starall 2 news articles&nbs
LIVE: Sunderland transfers - £9m Algerian ace linked; duo remain top targets as Moyes set to spend - Sunderland EchoLIVE: Sunderland transfers - £9m Algerian ace linked; duo remain top targets as Moyes set to spend
Sunderland are still to make a breakthrough in the transfer market this month - but have been linked with a top Algerian star today. David Moyes has money to spend as he looks to bolster his squad. Scroll down to our live blog for all the latest ...
Sunderland youngster George Honeyman promises 'no fear ...
George Honeyman insists there will be no fear factor for him if he is thrown into Sunderland's Premier League survival campaign. The 22-year-old made his first ...
How can Sunderland pull of a shock win at West Brom ...Sunderland Echo
Sunderland midfielder Honeyman targets more chancesShields Gazette
George Honeyman: Waiting for first Sunderland start has been tough ...BBC Sport
all 6 news articles&
Sunderland youngster George Honeyman promises 'no fear' approach if called upon at West Brom - ChronicleLiveChronicleLive
Sunderland youngster George Honeyman promises 'no fear' approach if called upon at West Brom
George Honeyman insists there will be no fear factor for him if he is thrown into Sunderland's Premier League survival campaign. The 22-year-old made his first senior start for the club in Tuesday's FA Cup third round replay defeat at Burnley, with the ...
How can Sunderland pull of a shock win at West Brom?Sunderland Echo
Sunderland midfielder Honeyman targets more chancesSh
- Darran Hardy had been annoyed with his pal for a few weeks when he decided to target his house in Sunderland while drunk A chef set about burgling his friend's home because he was "stupid enough" to announce on Facebook he had gone away to visit family. Darran Hardy had been annoyed with the other man for a few weeks and, while drunk, decided to break into his home.
- Sunderland boss David Moyes believes his side's current slump has reiterated the need for reinforcements after they exited the FA.
- David Moyes admits Sunderland's thin squad was exposed once more at Burnley as the Black Cats exited the FA Cup with a whimper..
- The North of England will be consulted about the Government's plans for Brexit , Ministers have revealed - but it seems much of the North East will be excluded. David Davis, the Secretary of state for Exiting the European Union , told MPs he planned to invite the "mayors of the North" to meet him for a summit in York to discuss how their regions can be protected as the UK quits the European Union.
- Checks to stop staff hurting students while disciplining them weren't in place at a special school branded 'inadequate' by Ofsted. Inspectors warned of the risk of "emotional and physical harm to pupils" at North View Academy in South Hylton, Sunderland .
Everton transfer news:Toffees will allow midfielder James McCarthy to join Sunderland for £10m AND defender Lamine ... - The SunThe Sun
Everton transfer news:Toffees will allow midfielder James McCarthy to join Sunderland for £10m AND defender Lamine ...
EVERTON are ready to resurrect their interest in Lamine Kone and will use James McCarthy as bait. Toffees boss Ronald Koeman failed with a summer bid for the Ivory Coast stopper, new Sunderland boss David Moyes refused to do business just days after ...
Sunderland transfer news: Everton duo Phil Jagielka and James McCarthy linked - but it's complicate
- Hospital chiefs have revealed they are facing recruitment challenges as union bosses say a new hospital alliance isn't helping staff moral. Marian Langley, the secretary of Unison's South Tyneside's health branch, believes the Trust's recent alliance with City Hospitals Sunderland NHS Trust is making current staff feel insecure.
Sunderland Post Office attempted robbery: Two men arrested in connection with failed raid - ChronicleLiveChronicleLive
Sunderland Post Office attempted robbery: Two men arrested in connection with failed raid
Two men have been arrested in connection with an attempted armed robbery at a Post Office in Sunderland . Police were called to the Post Office on Hylton Road shortly before 5pm on Monday after a report that two men, one of which was allegedly carrying ...
UPDATE: Two arrested following attempted armed robbery at Post Office in SunderlandSunderland Echo
Shot fired during Sunderl
David Moyes won't risk Sunderland relegation for FA Cup glory
Three first-half goals were enough for Stoke as they increased the pressure on Sunderland manager David Moyes. David Moyes will not risk Sunderland's Premier League status in pursuit of FA Cup glory. The Black Cats head for Burnley on Tuesday evening ...
Burnley v Sunderland team news: Squads revealed, injuries and more ahead of FA Cup third round replayMirror.co.uk
Burnley v SunderlandBBC Sport
Norwich midfielder Robbie Brady wanted by Sunderland ... and Leicester and Crystal Palace - Sunderland EchoNorwich midfielder Robbie Brady wanted by Sunderland ... and Leicester and Crystal Palace
David Moyes is attempting his first foray into the January transfer window - with a £10 million-plus bid for Robbie Brady. The gifted Norwich midfielder is also the subject of interest from Crystal Palace and Leicester so Sunderland could face a battle ...and more »
- The Cultural Spring is an Arts Council England funded project working to increase arts participation in South Tyneside and Sunderland. The project was for an initial three years, but late last year ACE announced it would receive a further A 1million, allowing the initiative to continue for another three years.
Who will referee Sunderland against West Bromwich Albion this weekend?
Sunderland head to The Hawthorns to face West Bromwich Albion this weekend, with South Yorkshire referee Craig Pawson due to take charge. It will be Pawson's second Black Cats game of the season, having previously been the man in the middle for the ...and more »
Former Sunderland defender labels Jermain Defoe as 'priceless' despite his age
Former Sunderland defender Ian Harte believes Jermain Defoe is 'priceless' to the Black Cats despite the forward entering the later stages of his career. Harte spent one season on Wearside, playing under Roy Keane in the 2007/08 season, joining from ...
Garth Crooks says he was worried by Sunderland star Jermain Defoe's performanceHITCall 4 news articles »
- Darren Hargrave, who had no licence or insurance to be behind the wheel of the Ford motor, "panicked" when he saw a police car and drove "at speed" onto public land near Burdon Lane in Sunderland that is popular with children, families and dog walkers. CCTV of his route along the public pathway, which was surrounded by grassland and trees, was recorded by a police officer and played at Newcastle Crown Court.
Good for Sunderland? Wahbi Khazri's Tunisia playing catch-up at African Cup of Nations - ChronicleLiveChronicleLive
Good for Sunderland? Wahbi Khazri's Tunisia playing catch-up at African Cup of Nations
Substitute Wahbi Khazri was unable to rescue Tunisia from an opening-game defeat at the African Cup of Nations. His side are bottom of Group B after losing their opening game 2-0 to Senegal. With Didier Ndong's Gabon surprisingly held by tournament ...and more »
- The Sun
Sunderland AFC news round-up: Black Cats 'put off' by Leeds ...
Visit now for the latest Sunderland AFC news - direct from the Sunderland Echo and updated throughout the day.
West Ham and Sunderland both target Leeds striker Chris Wood but have been put off by £15m price tagThe Sun
Chris Wood fielding offers from West Ham, Sunderland: reportNewshub
West Ham and Sunderland target Chris Wood valued at £15m - sourcesESPN FC
Daily Star -Through It All Togeth
- From February 5 there will be more early morning trains from Sunderland, South Shields and North Tyneside stations, following a change in demand from customers. The changes are being carried out based on feedback from Metro customers as well as market research and passenger counts.
- Seb Larsson has challenged his Sunderland team-mates to prove their doubters wrong as they attempt to bounce back from a.
Victor Anichebe makes Sunderland tick - and he cannot return soon enough
Struggling Sunderland have sorely missed Victor Anichebe , who has been out of action since suffering a hamstring injury at Burnley on New Year's Eve. There's no such thing as a one-man team, but there are some players who make a side tick. And the ...
- Sebastian Larsson has told Sunderland they have only themselves to blame for an horrific capitulation against Stoke which plunged them.
- ESPN (blog)
Moyes' Sunderland look doomed
Three first-half goals were enough for Stoke as they increased the pressure on Sunderland manager David Moyes. Three first-half goals were enough for Stoke as they increased the pressure on Sunderland manager David Moyes. After crashing out of the FA ...
David Moyes: I wish I could have taken Sunderland players out of Stoke City firing lineChronicleLive
Winless Jack Rodwell admits it must be tough being a Sunderland fanTelegraph.co.uk
- BBC News
Sunderland 1-3 Stoke City
Sunderland remain in the relegation zone following a sixth Premier League home defeat after Marko Arnautovic's two goals helped Stoke City to victory. The Potters stunned the hosts with three goals in 19 first-half minutes, Arnautovic scoring his first ...
Marko Arnautovic hits double for Stoke to pile pressure on SunderlandThe Guardian
Sunderland 1-3 Stoke City: Marko Arnautovic scores double against strugglers - Five things we learnedMirror.co.uk
- Five Dead No Bodies has been co-written by Susan Wear and Rob Lawson and will be performed at the Customs Houise, South Shields, next month. Susan was nominated for North East Writer of the Year for her play The Duke in the Cupboard, which was popular with Customs House audiences in October 2015.
Why Newcastle United and Sunderland will find buying British a bit harder in January - ChronicleLiveChronicleLive
Why Newcastle United and Sunderland will find buying British a bit harder in January
For Newcastle United and Sunderland, the financial picture painted by Uefa will make for a difficult January transfer window. You will be hard-pushed to find too much sympathy for the embarrassment of riches the Premier League has been presented with ...
Seaman airlifted to safety off Sunderland coast after suffering heart attack
A seaman was airlifted from his cargo ship after suffering a suspected heart attack miles off the Sunderland coast - despite initially refusing to be flown to hospital. The coastguard was called after the ship's chief engineer took ill on board during ...
Man rescued in rough seas off the Sunderland coastSun FMall 5 news articles »
- BBC Sport
Dakar Rally: Sam Sunderland becomes first British rider to win famous race
Sam Sunderland became the first British competitor to win the Dakar Rally when he took victory in the motorbikes classification on Saturday. The 27-year-old came home 32 minutes ahead of nearest competitor Matthias Walkner of Austria after the final ...
Dakar Rally: Sam Sunderland takes motorbike title at third time of askingCity A.M.
Dakar 2017, Stage 12: Sunderland seals maiden bikes titleMotorsport
Sunderland's home record is improving - and it could hold the key to survival
Sunderland have made inroads into restoring the Stadium of Light's reputation as a stronghold - but it is only a start, according to David Moyes. When Moyes took over, Sunderland had won only 20 of 76 league games on home soil over the preceding four ...
Sunderland determined not to lose key players, says David MoyesThe Indian Express
Jeremain Lens's Sunderland relegation wish is a dis
David Moyes says Sunderland are 'sniffing around' the transfer market
But the Black Cats boss insists no new signings are imminent, and that any that do happen are likely to involve a modest fee at most. A UEFA report published on Friday revealed that the Wearsiders' net debt rose to around £175 million in the 2015 ...
Sunderland transfers: Adnan Januzaj set to see out his season-long loan
Adnan Januzaj looks set to see out his season-long stay at Sunderland with David Moyes saying he has heard nothing to suggest Manchester United will sell him this month. The Belgium international joined the Black Cats on loan from the Red Devils last ...
Sunderland have 'not heard a whisper' from Manchester United regarding Adnan Januzaj's future as David Moyes ...Sunderland Echoall 6 news a
- Mark Hardy pocketed takings, float money and cash meant for staff wages while running Vesta Tilleys, in High Street West, Sunderland, on behalf of Amber Taverns. The 44-year-old admitted theft by employee and confessed he had resorted to stealing after running up crippling debts with loan sharks.
Manchester United's Henrikh Mkhitaryan dedicates award to Sunderland fan Bradley Lowery - ChronicleLiveChronicleLive
Manchester United's Henrikh Mkhitaryan dedicates award to Sunderland fan Bradley Lowery
Manchester United's Henrikh Mkhitaryan has dedicated his Premier League Goal of the Month award to Sunderland fan Bradley Lowery. Mkhitaryan's scorpion kick goal which he netted against the Black Cats on Boxing Day won the award, but Sunderland ...
Good Guy Henrikh Mkhitaryan Makes Kind Gesture To Terminally Ill Young Sunderland FanBalls.ieall 35 news articles »
- Daily Mail
Sunderland v Stoke City: Team news, kick-off time, probable line-ups, odds and stats
Ahead of the weekend Premier League action, Sportsmail will be providing you with all you need to know about every fixture, with team news, provisional squads, betting odds and Opta stats. Here is all the information you need for the game between ...and more »
Sunderland fans' jury is out on seven summer signings, so who are the success stories? - ChronicleLiveChronicleLive
Sunderland fans' jury is out on seven summer signings, so who are the success stories?
Sunderland supporters in our survey rate two summer signings a success, are unsure about another seven and consider one a failure. Who's who? Share; Comments. BySteve Brown. 11:00, 13 JAN 2017. Sport. Sunderland's Victor Anichebe has proven to be ...
- A disabled man says he is prepared to take Sunderland City Council to court in a bid to get the authority to prosecute drivers who misuse Blue Badge permits - after he discovered that it has not pursued one person over the offence in the past year. He says he sees numerous instances each week of drivers wrongly using the permits which are often held by relatives, something which he says is unfair and reduces the number of spaces available for badge holders themselves.
'We'd be fools to let anyone else have him' - Sunderland fans react as Palace bid for star defender - ChronicleLiveChronicleLive
'We'd be fools to let anyone else have him' - Sunderland fans react as Palace bid for star defender
Crystal Palace tabled a £7 million offer for Sunderland left-back Patrick van Aanholt and Black Cats fans are not happy about it. Former Sunderland boss Sam Allardyce is keen to be reunited with the Dutch left-back at Selhurst Park and lodged a £7 ...
Sunderland round-up: Crystal Palace bid for Patrick van Aanholt, Kone injury fears, ex-striker's new roleSu
'Let's stick a £6 million bid in' - Sunderland fans react as Dimitri Payet wants to leave West Ham - ChronicleLiveChronicleLive
'Let's stick a £6 million bid in' - Sunderland fans react as Dimitri Payet wants to leave West Ham
West Ham United this morning confirmed that Dimitri Payet is refusing to play for the club and Sunderland fans are in no mood to feel sympathetic towards the Hammers. Last week saw the East London outfit submit a derisory bid of £6million for ...and more »
Sunderland AFC transfers: 'Many clubs' tracking Adnan Januzaj, says the player's agent - ChronicleLiveChronicleLive
Sunderland AFC transfers: 'Many clubs' tracking Adnan Januzaj, says the player's agent
Sunderland loan star Adnan Januzaj is the subject of interest from a number of French clubs, according to the player's agent. Yet while the Belgian's representative insists his client's future rests in the hands of parent club Manchester United ...
Sunderland: Sunderland loanee linked with exitClubCall
Sunderland remain relaxed amid claims Lyon are looking to sign Adnan JanuzajIris
- Sunderland remain relaxed over the immediate future of midfielder Adnan Januzaj amid claims he is wanted by Lyon..
Follow @sunderlanduknws on Twitter!