- A man is in a critical condition after being rescued from a fire in a flat in Armagh.
- It was certainly a case of "Friday night's alright for fighting" last night as local MMA fans flocked to the SSE Arena for a night of fistic action
- Derry City made a huge statement of intent by blowing Bohemians away at Dalymount Park last night
- Belfast Live
Rory McIlroy hits back at critics over golfing with Donald Trump
Rory McIlroy has spoken out after he faced criticism for playing golf with US President Donald Trump. The Holywood man took to the course at Trump International in Florida last week as he continues his recovery from a stress fracture in his rib . After ...
Rory McIlroy says golf with President Trump was not an endorsementBelfast Newsletterall 118 news articles »
- Belfast Newsletter
BOXING: Ryan Burnett closing in on Belfast fight date
Ryan Burnett is closing in on major title honours and believes he'll add plenty of silverware to his collection in 2017. Burnett defended his British Bantamweight title in convincing fashion in November, taming local favourite Ryan Farrag in Liverpool ...
- Belfast Live
East Belfast man who bit off another man's thumb during fight spared jail
A father-of-two who bit off another man's thumb whilst being attacked with golf clubs was spared jail today (Friday) after it was accepted he acted the way he did in a case of "excessive self defence". Curtis Morrow admitted causing grievous bodily ...and more »
- Belfast Telegraph
Don't be alarmed: Dramatic scenes as Belfast Fire Service stage training day
Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service pictured taking part in a multi- agency emergency training exercise at Knockbreda High School in South Belfast. Picture By: Arthur Allison. Pacemaker. The Fire Service have urged the public not panic about smoke ...and more »
- Police investigating the sudden death of a woman in her 30s in the Orior Park area of Bessbrook on Tuesday have arrested a 48-year-old man.
- Fans have rushed to the defence of Eamonn Holmes after a weight-loss expert labelled him "too fat" on national television.
- Belfast Live
Pensioner who committed lewd act outside primary school released
A pensioner who committed a lewd act outside a nursery school on Belfast's Shankill Road was handed a five-month prison sentence today (Friday). Alex Reynolds was due to be released from prison today due to time served on remand. However, Belfast ...and more »
Belfast named UK's most congested city, beating London and Manchester for the not-so-coveted position - AlphrAlphr
Belfast named UK's most congested city, beating London and Manchester for the not-so-coveted position
TomTom's SatNav data has revealed that the unlucky inhabitants of Belfast are victims of the highest level of congestion in the UK. The research was published as part of TomTom's travel index, which cited Edinburgh and London as the second and third ...
Norwegian launches low-cost flights to the US from Edinburgh and Belfast
Travellers in Scotland and Northern Ireland have been given cause to celebrate, with low-cost airline Norwegian unveiling direct flights from Edinburgh and Belfast to New York and Boston. The new routes, announced yesterday, will give fliers in Belfast ...
Norwegian Air unveils Belfast to New York and Boston flights from £69 taking-off JulyBelfast Telegraph
Norwegian Air to operate new
Belfast man allegedly raped pregnant partner and shaved her hair off after crystal meth binge, court hearsA Belfast man allegedly raped his pregnant partner and shaved off her hair amid accusations of infidelity, the High Court heard on Friday.
- The DUP has launched an online pledge urging people to oppose a "witch hunt" of former security force members.
- A blind man has been Tasered by police after his cane was mistaken for a gun.
- A Northern Ireland judge has questioned the policies of US President Donald Trump and of Russian President Vladimir Putin towards the issue of domestic violence.
- More than 100,000 EU citizens left Britain in the three months after the EU referendum new figures showed this week.
- A teenager has admitted killing a man outside a house in Londonderry last year.
- A new vaccine-based treatment for HIV has succeeded in suppressing the virus in five patients, raising hopes further research could help prevent Aids without the need for daily drugs.
- Manchester United will play Russian side FC Rostov in the last 16 of the Europa League.
- Tommy Bowe is to make his 150th Ulster appearance in the province's clash with Zebre on Sunday.
- The emergency services have attended to a sudden death in Portstewart.
- The Fire Service has warned people not to be alarmed should they see smoke come from a former school on the outskirts of Belfast as they are carrying out drills at the location.
- The Electoral Commission has revealed over £32million was spent on campaigning for the EU referendum campaign right across the UK.
- The unusual exterior design makes this bespoke Lisburn family home stand out and if the striking facade impresses, just wait until you get inside.
Sinn Fein won't go into government unless there is agreement on Irish language act, says MLA Pat SheehanSinn Fein's Pat Sheehan has guaranteed his party will not return to government unless there is agreement on an Irish language act, a bill of rights and resolution on dealing with the legacy of the past.
- Belfast Live
Victoria's Secret to open first Northern Ireland shop in Belfast ...
It's the world's best known lingerie brand - favoured by supermodels such as Heidi Klum and Tyra Banks.
Victoria's Secret looking to open store in BelfastBelfast Liveall 12 news articles »
- When William Haire opened a convenience store in a steel shipping container on a north Belfast interface, little did he think his battles would be over planning permission, health and safety... and hen poo. But now, nine years on, time may finally be running out for Sina's, the little shop on the corner. Fionola Meredith reports.
- Belfast Telegraph
Belfast peaceline shop loved by locals faces being shut down by ...
When William Haire opened a convenience store in a steel shipping container on a north Belfast interface, little did he think his battles would be over planning ...and more »
- More people are waiting longer for a hospital outpatient appointment in Northern Ireland, new figures show.
- Grieving family and friends yesterday said their farewells to Ryan Philips, tragically killed in a scrambler accident earlier this week.
- A Cabinet minister has been compared to Manuel from Fawlty Towers over his handling of calls to investigate expenses allegations made about a peer.
- The DUP received more than £400,000 from a little-known group of business people to bankroll its pro-Brexit campaign.
- It's been eight months and a day since we did it and I still can't stop smiling at the memory.
- A landmark tree-lined avenue made famous by hit fantasy TV drama Game Of Thrones has been damaged in Storm Doris.
- A politician who claimed she was ambushed by a rival party on a flagship BBC show has accused the broadcaster of failing to learn from its mistakes.
- Victims' campaigner Raymond McCord plans to vote for the SDLP's Nichola Mallon in next week's election, he has revealed.
- A professor of Irish language has pledged his support for the DUP and criticised a proposal for an Irish Language Act in Northern Ireland.
- It's not every day one of the world's biggest pop stars asks you to be part of his forthcoming tour.
- The Queen has revealed her support for the Green and White Army as she appointed Northern Ireland football manager Michael O'Neill an MBE at Buckingham Palace.
- A substance abuse counsellor who struck a man with her car and drove two miles with his body embedded in her windscreen has been jailed for 25 years to life.
- Police have confirmed that a bomb that exploded at police officer's home in Ardanlee in the Culmore area of Londonderry was an Under Vehicle Improvised Explosive Device (UVIED).
- Leicester boss Claudio Ranieri has been sacked, the Premier League champions have announced.
- The DUP's Jim Wells has apologised after making a post about Ciara McGreevy on her brother's Facebook page.
- Irish premier Enda Kenny has insisted on a clause in the Brexit deal to allow Northern Ireland rejoin the European Union as part of a united Ireland.
- Michael O'Neill talked football with the Queen as he was appointed an MBE at Buckingham Palace.
Alleged security force collusion in up to 30 loyalist murders should be examined in a thematic legal action, High Court hearsAlleged security force collusion in up to 30 murders carried out by a loyalist terror gang should be examined in a thematic legal action, the High Court heard on Thursday.
Sucking diesel: Antrim man caught red-handed siphoning fuel from lorry in Larne given suspended sentenceA man caught red-handed sucking diesel from a lorry in Larne with pipes rigged to a car battery and a fuel pump has been given a suspended jail sentence after a judge said a strong message had to be sent out to deter others.
RHI scheme: Publishing names of Renewable Heat Incentive firms would ensure maximum transparency, court hearsPublishing the names of Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) firms would ensure maximum transparency in a botched scheme that had the "seismic" impact of collapsing Northern Ireland's power-sharing government, the High Court heard on Thursday.
- A man has died after being struck by a vehicle while withdrawing money from an ATM in Northern Ireland.
Follow @NrthrnIreland on Twitter!