- Investigations have been launched after a man died when the light aircraft he was piloting crashed into a field in Co Waterford.
- Lawyers for a veteran loyalist facing prosecution over two murders are refusing to sign an undertaking about handling US documents in the case, a court heard on Monday.
West Belfast scrambler bike tragedy: Gary Lewis jailed for 18 months for causing death of Valerie Armstrong in Colin Glen Forest ParkA teenager has been jailed for 18 months for causing the death of a mother-of-three hit by a scrambler motorcycle in west Belfast.
- Northern Ireland Secretary of State James Brokenshire has said there is "no appetite for another election" after the deadline to form a new devolved power-sharing executive at Stormont passed.
- Foyle Search and Rescue has recovered a body from the River Foyle.
- An o il exploration firm has uncovered what it describes as the largest undeveloped discovery on the UK Continental Shelf.
- While households up and down the country were jumping with joy at Northern Ireland's two-goal trouncing of Norway at Windsor on Sunday, one household was a bit more undecided on how to celebrate.
Naomi Long: Not once have all parties been around the table together - no-one was chairing the talksAlliance party leader Naomi Long has revealed that in the past three weeks of negotiations at Stormont not once did all party leaders sit around a table together and there was "no-one chairing the talks".
- The scheduled Assembly sitting at Stormont to appoint Northern Ireland's First and deputy First Ministers will not go ahead as planned following the collapse of crisis talks on Sunday.
Northern Ireland political crisis: DUP and Sinn Fein at loggerheads over how political talks collapsedA war of words has erupted between the DUP and Sinn Fein over how the political talks broke down.
- A man has been arrested after the discovery of woman's body at a house in Cork.
- The sole contender to be the next leader of the Ulster Unionist Party said no decision has been taken on whether or not it will be part of a new Executive at Stormont.
- Dozens of GP surgeries across Northern Ireland could be in danger of being privatised, campaigners in Belfast have warned.
- Water charges for businesses are to go up by an average of 1.65% from April, NI Water has said.
- The new manager of Belfast Zoo has said past problems that dogged the facility and saw its membership of an international standards body suspended have been addressed.
- The official deadline was 4pm today. But yesterday afternoon, Michelle O'Neill issued a blunt statement (an "enormous bloody spanner" was how one talks delegate described it to me): "Today we have come to the end of the road.
Northern Ireland weather updates: Winter and summer in Castlederg as temperature rises 21 degrees within hoursA Co Tyrone village experienced winter and summer in a single day on Saturday as the mercury soared by 21 degrees within just a few hours.
- Let's pray that the canonisation of Martin McGuinness promotes good politics in Northern Ireland. Because it has delivered a deadly blow to democratic politics in the Republic of Ireland.
- The Northern Ireland Audit Office says it plans to look at Mid and East Antrim Borough Council's spending on The Gobbins cliff path in "more detail than normal" during this year's annual audit of the local authority's accounts.
Ruth Dudley Edwards: McGuinness asked how I'd deal with the Northern Ireland situation: 'I'd intern you and Adams,' I saidI first met Martin McGuinness in 1996. I lived in London and had come late to political journalism, having written my first article in 1994 because I was horrified at the mostly wimpish coverage of the IRA in the Republic.
- Nine people were injured in two separate car crashes in Northern Ireland yesterday.
- Scores of people have attended the opening of a new section of the £40m Connswater Greenway in east Belfast, which was caught up in controversy earlier this month after bonfire materials were dumped on it by loyalists.
- Former First Minister Lord Bannside left an estate worth almost £650,000 to his widow Eileen when he died in 2014, it has been reported.
- The future of the Assembly was plunged into doubt last night after Sinn Fein dramatically pulled out of talks.
- BT has been hit with a record £42 million fine by the telecoms watchdog and is facing compensation costs to rivals of £300 million over delayed high-speed cable installations.
- Nicola Sturgeon and Theresa May have clashed over the prospect of a second Scottish independence referendum following talks about the Brexit timetable.
- Sinn Fein have withdrawn from the talks process aimed at restoring devolution in Northern Ireland.
- Powersharing talks in Northern Ireland have broken down after Sinn Fein withdrew.
- So many names, so many potentials for baby Payne.
- Sinn Fein has said little progress has been made in talks aimed at restoring the power-sharing government in Northern Ireland.
- Former England midfielder Paul Scholes believes Wayne Rooney still has a role to play for the Three Lions.
- Family members who ran back into their burning home to rescue a 55-year-old relative have been left “traumatised” by his death.
'Our hearts are broken' - Martin McGuinness's family touched by gestures of comfort, says widow BernieThe widow of the late Martin McGuinness has said the family were touched by solace and comfort offered to them since his death.
- A second man has been arrested by police investigating an explosive attack on officers in Northern Ireland.
- A clubber has been killed and 15 others injured when gunfire erupted in a crowded Cincinnati nightclub after a dispute among several men.
- A clubber has been killed and more than a dozen injured after at least two people opened fire inside a crowded nightclub in Ohio.
- Robin Swann is set to take helm of the Ulster Unionist Party following Mike Nesbitt's post-election resignation earlier this month.
- An air ambulance regularly piloted by the Duke of Cambridge "narrowly avoided" a collision with a remote-controlled drone, according to an official report.
- Sir Elton John celebrated his 70th birthday with husband David Furnish and Katy Perry at a showbiz party in Los Angeles.
- Medics are putting no time-frame on Republic of Ireland skipper Seamus Coleman's recovery from a double leg fracture.
- Republic of Ireland manager Martin O'Neill has confirmed the surgery on Seamus Coleman's broken leg has been a success.
- Belfast Live
Martin McGuinness' wife Bernie reveals "our hearts are broken"
Bernie McGuinness, the wife of former deputy first minister Martin McGuinness, has thanked all those who have supported her family since the Sinn Fein man's death. And in an emotional statement, she said "our hearts are broken". Mrs McGuinness said ...
Why they came: The mourners, young and oldBelfast Newsletterall 79 news articles »
- Divers hope ocean swells ease enough today to allow them to free the body of a crewman from the wreck of an Irish Coast Guard helicopter on the Atlantic seabed.
- Children were in a dance studio just an hour before it was destroyed in a suspected gas explosion.
- Two people have been seriously injured and 32 others are in hospital after several buildings collapsed in a suspected gas explosion.
- BBC News
Elite League: Cardiff Devils 4-3 Belfast Giants - BBC Sport
Belfast Giants are edged out by Elite League champions Cardiff Devils in a top-two encounter in Wales on Saturday night.
ICE HOCKEY: Bentivoglio hat-trick downs Belfast Giants and ...Belfast Newsletterall 3 news articles »
East Belfast girl's dream comes true after she sent this letter to her celeb hero Stephen Clements - Belfast LiveBelfast Live
East Belfast girl's dream comes true after she sent this letter to her celeb hero Stephen Clements
An East Belfast girl's dream came true this week when her celebrity hero arrived at her school. Strandtown Primary School's Year 7 class were asked to write a letter to their heroes and 11-year-old Naomi Wilson wrote hers to Q Radio morning show host ...
North Belfast family on fundraising mission for vital equipment for "inspirational daughter" - Belfast LiveBelfast Live
North Belfast family on fundraising mission for vital equipment for "inspirational daughter"
Imagine having your spine fused straight, leaving you unable to twist or turn your body. That's what everyday life is like for one North Belfast teenager. Katie Bell was diagnosed with quadriplegic cerebral palsy from birth which affects both her legs ...
- A 31-year-old man has been arrested by detectives investigating the attempted murder of officers after an explosion in Strabane.
- Belfast Newsletter
Query over Holyrood stance on ISIS versus IRA terror
Kris McGurk at the monument for the three Scottish soldiers murdered in the IRA honeytrap attack in 1971. Pic Colm Lenaghan/Pacemaker. 19:23 19:42 Saturday 25 March 2017. Campaigners for three Scottish Soldiers murdered by the IRA have expressed ...
Follow @NrthrnIreland on Twitter!