Council bosses defend roadworks in North Tyneside
In an online video, Paul Hanson, Deputy Chief Executive of North Tyneside Council, explained that the council are doing 'so much work, all at the same time' because there are rules as to when government-awarded funds can be spent. The council has been ...
- ITV News
New drone footage showcasing North Tyneside coast redevelopment
New drone footage by North Tyneside Council captures how Whitley Bay's coastline is undergoing a multimillion pound regeneration programme. The aerial film showcases the extent of the various large-scale projects, which are either currently underway or ...and more »
- Former Newcastle United footballer David Eatock says he was abused by coach George Ormond.
- A dedicated football sex abuse hotline has received a "staggering surge" in calls, the NSPCC says.
- Strikes by teaching assistants in County Durham are called off to allow for talks over solving the dispute.
- It is time to start making babies from three people, scientists advising the fertility regulator say.
- An Indian orphan taught hairdressing skills by a County Durham woman visits her in the UK.
- Newcastle boss Dean Richards says the amount of academy talent in the first team is proof players have chance to impress.
- Former Newcastle player Derek Bell says he wanted to kill the coach who sexually abused him during the 1970s.
- North-east of England councils tackle what they say is a higher than average rate of vacant properties.
- Edinburgh-based tech incubator CodeBase joins a new venture platform which aims to "supercharge" UK digital technology businesses.
- Former footballer Derek Bell has told BBC 5 live that he went to his abuser’s house with a 12 inch knife.
- Newcastle had ample chances to beat Hull City before losing Tuesday's EFL Cup tie on penalties, says manager Rafael Benitez.
- England call up uncapped duo Keaton Jennings and Liam Dawson to their tour of India, replacing Haseeb Hameed and Zafar Ansari.
- As part of the BBC's Ambulances Day, an insight into a routine 999 call
- A portrait of Sir Bobby Charlton is unveiled by the England and Manchester United legend at the National Football Museum in Manchester.
North Tyneside's AIS crafts defence market niche
North Shields industrial trainer Advanced Industrial Solutions has completed more than £200k worth of business in the defence sector over the last 12 months. The firm's Technical division has worked on several projects over the past year to provide ...and more »
- A dad's desperate search to replace his autistic son's beloved "little blue cup" ends in "surprising" success.
25 years of North Tyneside Art Studio marked with new exhibition - North East Connected (press release) (subscription)North East Connected (press release) (subscription)
25 years of North Tyneside Art Studio marked with new exhibition
North East Connected (press release) (subscription)
An exhibition of artwork by users of North Tyneside Art Studio will go on show at Tynemouth Station to celebrate the charity's 25th anniversary. By Charley Williams -. November 28, 2016. 0. 8. Share on Facebook · Tweet on Twitter ...and more »
Two teens hospitalised after taking 'unknown substance' in North Tyneside
Two teenagers were taken after taking an unknown substance in the form of red tablets. The boys, aged 14 and 16, became unwell after taking what was believed to be four small red tablets. They were rushed to Newcastle's Royal Victoria Infirmary and ...and more »
Two teens hospitalised after taking 'unknown substance' in North ...
Two boys, aged 14 and 16, were taken to hospital after taking what was believed to be four small red tablets.and more »
North Tyneside datacentre to bolster region's exciting tech scene
Noel Meaney, founder of Citadel100 Datacenters, euNetworks and Seafibre Networks, will open the UK's largest purpose built datacentre in Cobalt Business Park, North Tyneside, next month. The Stellium campus has the power, scale and flexibility to ...and more »
I, Daniel Blake star backs North Tyneside foodbank in run up to Christmas
I, Daniel Blake star Kema Sikazwe has backed a campaign to support a North Shields foodbank gather vital supplies in the run up to Christmas. The actor - who plays Daniel Blake's neighbour China - will join campaign group We, North Tyneside this Friday ...
From Newcastle to North Tyneside - are these drivers some of the worst at parking in our region? - ChronicleLiveChronicleLive
From Newcastle to North Tyneside - are these drivers some of the worst at parking in our region?
Our photographers have been out and about to find out how well North East drivers park. And the answer is - not very well. We quickly came across examples of careless parking all over the region. And it can only get worse as Christmas draws closer and ...and more »
From Newcastle to North Tyneside - are these drivers some of the ...
We find examples of bad parking from Newcastle to North Tyneside showing Geordie generosity doesn't always apply to parking charges.and more »
Dunkirk veteran's bravery inspired North Tyneside schoolgirl to win national award
A Tyneside teenager has won a national charity award after the death of one of the last survivors of Dunkirk inspired her to raise cash for the hospice that cared for him. Annalise Simpson was named Young Fundraising Supporter of the year after raising ...
- Twenty areas in England are to get funds to help pregnant women and new mums with mental health problems.
- BBC Sport looks back over the highs and lows of Mick Lowes' 25-year career commentating on Newcastle United.
- Sports Direct boss Mike Ashley has invited MPs to a live Question Time-style debate at the firm's HQ.
- ITV News
North Tyneside Mayor calls for better deal for pensions
North Tyneside's Elected Mayor is to call on the Government to request a fairer deal for women affected by pension changes. Norma Redfearn agreed to fight for a fairer deal for women impacted by Government changes to their state pensions at a Full ...
- Four ex-footballers, including two speaking for the first time, appear together to tell of their torment after being abused as children by a coach.
- Preview followed by live coverage of Saturday's Championship game between Newcastle United and Blackburn Rovers.
- Preview followed by live coverage of Saturday's Premier League game between Liverpool and Sunderland.
- Hundreds of people in one town became directors of firms involved in pornography, travel and dating, a Reuters inquiry finds.
- Teaching assistants striking over a pay dispute announce four further days of industrial action.
- Almost 2,000 football-related arrests were made in 2015-16, the first rise for three years
- Sunderland's Nissan car plant has been nominated to be awarded the freedom of the city.
- ITV News
Affordable homes for North Tyneside village
40 two and three bedroom homes are to be developed by Galliford Try in partnership with Riverside Housing Association on the outskirts of the village of Burradon. The properties will be available as shared ownership homes allowing residents in the ...
- Sunderland and Northern Ireland defender Paddy McNair will miss the rest of the season with a cruciate knee ligament injury.
Where to park for free in North Tyneside to do your Christmas shopping
Christmas has come early for North Tyneside shoppers – with free parking on offer throughout the borough in December. North Tyneside Council has listened to requests from businesses in Tynemouth Village and is removing parking charges on Front Street ...and more »
- An air ambulance charity's plan for a new base and centre of excellence in the North East gets £1m in the chancellor's Autumn Statement
- County Durham Council says it cannot afford to resolve a teaching assistant pay dispute ahead of a strike, and the action could threaten hundreds of jobs.
- Sunderland and Northern Ireland defender Paddy McNair is likely to miss the rest of the season with a cruciate knee ligament injury.
- Gateshead are held for a third time in four National League matches as Danny Rowe's goal helped Macclesfield to a draw.
- Councils and business call for the Northern Powerhouse to be funded fairly as new figures show big differences in planned infrastructure spending.
- Flood warnings remain as wind and rain continue to batter parts of England and Wales in the wake of Storm Angus.
- A teenager admits killing a man found with stab wounds in a County Durham village.
- Street teams of nurses and police have halved the number of mental health-related arrests, researchers say.
- BBC News
Hexham, North Tyneside and Wansbeck urgent care units to close at night
Three emergency care units are closing their doors to overnight patients in an effort to focus care over the winter. The units in North Tyneside and Northumberland will be shut between midnight and 08:00 from 1 December. Overnight emergencies will be ...and more »
Follow @North_Tyneside on Twitter!