- Neil Acourt was described as the "man at the top" of a scheme moving cannabis to the North East.
- Team news as Exeter Chiefs host Newcastle Falcons in Saturday's Premiership fixture at Sandy Park (15:00 GMT).
- A protection zone is put in place after avian flu breaks out among 35 birds in Northumberland.
- Preview followed by live coverage of Saturday's Championship game between Newcastle United and Bristol City.
- The news comes as the family of the five-year-old revealed he had a new tumour.
- Police investigate after Victorian balustrades are smashed and the bandstand damaged.
- Ian Stewart, who has been jailed for 34 years, is described as "a real danger to women" by a judge.
- Former England captain Alan Shearer will present a BBC One documentary this summer on scientific research linking football and dementia.
- Dredging News Online
Dredging News Online
A scheme to strengthen and safeguard sea defences at Whitley Bay, which is part funded by the Environment Agency, has got the go-ahead. A revised scheme to strengthen and safeguard sea defences – which has saved more than £1m of public money ...
- Critics ask why the Duke of Northumberland's estate cannot pay for a new play area.
Who is the mystery letter writer from Tyneside who upset a North Yorkshire village?
Poison pen letters sent from Tyneside have been causing upset in a picturesque North Yorkshire village. Mystery surrounds several letters about bins sent to residents of Osmotherley over the last two months. Villagers have been left upset and reeling ...and more »
- Best friends Paula Barraclough and Lorraine Smith are flying first class.
- The air ambulance said three people would probably have died without the plasma and blood mixture.
- Newcastle Falcons are to sign winger DTH van der Merwe for the 2017-18 season once his Scarlets deal expires.
- Helen Bailey was drugged, suffocated and her body thrown in a cesspit
- Author Helen Bailey tried to build a new life after her husband died, but it was ripped from her by the man she chose to build it with.
- Wasps sign winger Marcus Watson and prop Ben Harris from Newcastle, plus Nottingham hooker Antonio Harris, for 2017-18.
- Prince Harry spent a day on Tyneside talking about mental health.
North Tyneside scheme to strengthen sea defences given the go ahead - saving £1m in the process - ITV NewsITV News
North Tyneside scheme to strengthen sea defences given the go ahead - saving £1m in the process
A revised scheme to strengthen and safeguard sea defences – which has saved more than £1m of public money - has been given the go-ahead in North Tyneside. Proposals for the sea defence scheme at the Central Lower Promenade in Whitley Bay, which ...and more »
- Promotion hopefuls Gateshead move up to sixth in the National League with a 3-1 win at struggling York City.
Mum of North Tyneside schoolgirl who died after downing cheap booze calls for tighter regulations - ChronicleLiveChronicleLive
Mum of North Tyneside schoolgirl who died after downing cheap booze calls for tighter regulations
A sixteen-year-old schoolgirl died in her sleep after drinking a cider dubbed 'the cheapest booze on sale in the UK'. Megan Craig-Wilkinson was attending a New Year get together, her first big party with friends. But she tried 7.5% alcohol 'Frosty Jack ...and more »
- Michael Luvaglio maintains he did not kill Angus Sibbet in a suspected gangland execution in 1967.
- A state-of-the-art new conservatory is to be built next to the existing one at Kielder Forest.
- Hospital services in nearly two-thirds of England could be cut or scaled back, BBC analysis shows.
- Newcastle United move one point clear at the top of the Championship, scoring in each half to defeat Aston Villa.
- Newcastle Falcons continue to add to their squad with the signings of brothers Josh and Joel Matavesi.
- Police identify the victim of a crash on the A1 in the Scottish Borders at the weekend.
- AkzoNobel, the owner of Dulux paints, plans to expand its research operations in Gateshead.
- A 24-year-old cyclist dies at the scene in Easington after a crash with a Jaguar car.
- Entries sought for next North Tyneside social badminton tournament
The next North Tyneside Social Tournament is on Sunday, March 19, starting 12.30pm, at John Spence Community High School in North Shields. It comprises men's and ladies' doubles and mixed doubles, and anyone from North ...
- A Sonatane Takulua hat-trick sees Newcastle score seven tries in an impressive win against Northampton.
- A new arts project lets people hear poetry via an app on their phones, as they walk around a national park in England.
- The force said it "completely condemned" the actions of PC Sharp.
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome has left Jade Gadd with joints that constantly dislocate.
- Police are appealing for information after a man is seen kicking a young boy in the head and chest on a train.
- John Nimmo from South Shields faces further jail if he contacts women he left "hugely distressed".
- Rafael Benitez says the fact that Aston Villa are struggling this season shows how strong the Championship is.
- The centre will have to close for up to nine months to fix leaks and condensation problems
- Aaron Goodwin also used Skype to reveal he carried out a sex act at work, a panel finds.
Age UK North Tyneside Launch North Shields Time Swap - North East Connected (press release) (subscription)North East Connected (press release) (subscription)
Age UK North Tyneside Launch North Shields Time Swap
North East Connected (press release) (subscription)
A TYNESIDE charity is looking for members to take part in a new initiative designed to help the local community share their skills and expertise. By. Emily. -. 17th February 2017. 0. 0 · Share on Facebook · Tweet on Twitter. A TYNESIDE charity is ...and more »
North Tyneside mental health team for children earns 'good' rating by inspectors
A specialist mental health team for young people has been rated as 'good' by national inspectors. The Care Quality Commission (CQC) inspected Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust's services in September last year and found them to be ...and more »
- Vulnerable and older residents need Rothbury's hospital to stay open, campaigners say.
- The man accused of killing children's author Helen Bailey "grossly deceived" her, a trial is told.
- Charity Today News
Age UK North Tyneside Launch North Shields Time Swap
Charity Today News
A TYNESIDE charity is looking for members to take part in a new initiative designed to help the local community share their skills and expertise. Age UK North Tyneside have officially launched the North Shields Time Swap project at an event at North ...and more »
- Mark Clattenburg, who took charge of the Euro 2016 final, is leaving his job as a Premier League referee to work in Saudi Arabia.
- France centre Maxime Mermoz will join Newcastle Falcons in the summer, once he completes his short-term deal with Leicester.
- Colin Gregg tells his abuse trial the complainants are "mistaken or lying".
- Cleveland Police say the woman will not face charges but the case remains open.
- Junior badminton tournament in North Tyneside a success
Almost 30 entrants took part in the latest North Tyneside Junior Badminton Tournament, which proved to be a great success. The under-14 age group was won by Matthew Short with Tom Cox runner-up. And the under-16 group was won by Christian Sharp ...
- Rowan McCabe knocks on doors, asking if people would like a poem written about them.
Follow @North_Tyneside on Twitter!