Tide Times & Heights for Newcastle upon Tyne on 23rd October 201603:54 - Low Tide (1.57m)
10:06 - High Tide (4.62m)
16:27 - Low Tide (2.11m)
22:31 - High Tide (4.58m)
- Tide Times & Heights for Newcastle upon Tyne on 22nd October 201602:44 - Low Tide (1.30m)
08:52 - High Tide (4.93m)
15:11 - Low Tide (1.80m)
21:17 - High Tide (4.78m)
- Tide Times & Heights for Newcastle upon Tyne on 21st October 201601:47 - Low Tide (1.01m)
07:47 - High Tide (5.31m)
14:12 - Low Tide (1.39m)
20:12 - High Tide (5.07m)
- Tide Times & Heights for Newcastle upon Tyne on 20th October 201600:58 - Low Tide (0.78m)
06:51 - High Tide (5.67m)
13:24 - Low Tide (0.99m)
19:17 - High Tide (5.37m)
- Durham agree a £3.7m financial rescue package with Durham County Council over the debts that led to their relegation this season.
- A sixth man is arrested over the fatal stabbing of a woman during a street attack thought have involved "up to 11 men".
- A driver is found dead in an overturned car on the A69 in Northumberland.
- Super League winners Wigan will face Warrington at the 2017 Magic Weekend in a repeat of this year's Grand Final.
- A man confronted by internet paedophile hunters "fought like a pitbull" and tried to smash his phone to destroy evidence.
- Tide Times & Heights for Newcastle upon Tyne on 19th October 201600:13 - Low Tide (0.63m)
06:01 - High Tide (5.92m)
12:39 - Low Tide (0.65m)
18:29 - High Tide (5.63m)
- Newcastle go top of the Championship as Dwight Gayle's two goals earn them victory over Barnsley at Oakwell.
- Close House, near Newcastle, will stage the British Masters in 2017, with Lee Westwood as tournament host.
- Thirteen people are arrested in connection with alleged human trafficking in North East England.
- Tide Times & Heights for Newcastle upon Tyne on 18th October 201605:14 - High Tide (6.04m)
11:55 - Low Tide (0.43m)
17:45 - High Tide (5.80m)
- An inmate was found dead in a Durham prison cell days after giving birth, an inquest finds.
- Lincoln United goalkeeper Mario Ziccardi fluffs a clearance to hand Spennymoor Town's David Dowson an easy goal in a 3-0 victory in the FA Cup fourth qualifying round.
- Twitchers are crowding to Sunderland to catch a glimpse of a rare bird.
- A non-league football match is abandoned at half-time after people turn up carrying what police describe as weapons.
- Tide Times & Heights for Newcastle upon Tyne on 17th October 201604:30 - High Tide (5.99m)
11:12 - Low Tide (0.36m)
17:02 - High Tide (5.85m)
23:29 - Low Tide (0.61m)
- Northumberland's eider ducks are not protected by the coast's marine conservation zone, the RSPB says.
- Deneside Court care home in Jarrow is rated inadequate for leaving staff and patients "not safe".
- A major set of traffic lights on Wearside will cost £20,000 to repair and be out of action for up to eight weeks after being damaged by vandals.
- Teesdale and Weardale Search and Mountain Rescue joins operations with Durham Community Fire Station in a move that "will save lives", the team says.
- Tide Times & Heights for Newcastle upon Tyne on 16th October 201603:48 - High Tide (5.81m)
10:29 - Low Tide (0.45m)
16:21 - High Tide (5.78m)
22:46 - Low Tide (0.70m)
- Joe Allen scores twice as Stoke record their first league win of the season with a comfortable victory over bottom side Sunderland.
- Two goals from Dwight Gayle help Newcastle win their third straight game as they beat Brentford at St James' Park.
- Ched Evans says he "disassociates" himself from anyone who names or abuses the woman at the centre of his rape case.
- A soldier in the Royal Regiment of Scotland appears in court charged with murder after the body of a 24-year-old woman is found in Gateshead.
- Tide Times & Heights for Newcastle upon Tyne on 15th October 201603:06 - High Tide (5.51m)
09:46 - Low Tide (0.68m)
15:41 - High Tide (5.59m)
22:03 - Low Tide (0.90m)
- Ospreys run in seven tries to demolish Newcastle 45-0 in their opening European Challenge Cup match.
- Thousands of unwitting drivers fined for travelling down a bus lane in Newcastle with "inadequately lit" signage are to be refunded.
- Prime Minister Theresa May meets the boss of Japanese car giant Nissan amid fears over the future of its production plant in Sunderland.
- The Stage
Broken Biscuits review at Live Theatre, Newcastle-upon-Tyne
In their shed-sanctuary, a trio of misfit teens are plotting their post-GCSE strategy. Their ringleader, Megan, informs them they're forming a band – they can learn to play their instruments later. Shy shop-girl Holly (Grace Hogg-Robinson) and “100 ...
- Tide Times & Heights for Newcastle upon Tyne on 14th October 201602:22 - High Tide (5.15m)
09:01 - Low Tide (1.00m)
15:00 - High Tide (5.30m)
21:20 - Low Tide (1.19m)
- Three Syrian men are cleared of sexually assaulting two schoolgirls in a Newcastle park.
- Tide Times & Heights for Newcastle upon Tyne on 13th October 201601:33 - High Tide (4.78m)
08:13 - Low Tide (1.38m)
14:16 - High Tide (4.95m)
20:35 - Low Tide (1.52m)
- Dunkirk 'little ship' is being restored to her former glory in Sunderland.
- The Reviews Hub
Broken Biscuits – Live Theatre, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
The Reviews Hub
Three school friends meet in Megan's (Faye Christall) shed over the summer to try and change their lives. We're nobodies… I'm all fat and gobby, you're brainy, weird and brainy and quiet and Ben's like, you know. So says Megan, who endeavors to change ...and more »
- Tide Times & Heights for Newcastle upon Tyne on 12th October 201600:32 - High Tide (4.46m)
07:15 - Low Tide (1.75m)
13:24 - High Tide (4.58m)
19:44 - Low Tide (1.86m)
- The owners of a "whipped cream delivery service" appear in court to deny selling gas canisters allegedly used as a recreational drug.
- Newcastle and Gateshead are selected to host a major exhibition showcasing art, design and innovation from the north of England.
- The Great Exhibition of the North, to be hosted by Newcastle and Gateshead, follows a similar event opened with great fanfare nearly 90 years ago.
- As the craze to dress up as a clown and spread fear appears to be gathering pace in the UK, we hear how it is affecting schoolchildren, police officers and even professional clowns.
- The "killer clown" craze, where pranksters dress up to deliberately intimidate and frighten people, has sent shockwaves through the professional clowning industry, the Victoria Derbyshire programme hears.
- Newcastle United midfielder Jack Colback says the team spirit is the best it has been in his time at St James' Park.
- Six people are kept in hospital overnight after taking a "bad batch" of drugs, police say.
- Tide Times & Heights for Newcastle upon Tyne on 11th October 201606:02 - Low Tide (2.04m)
12:16 - High Tide (4.28m)
18:41 - Low Tide (2.16m)
- A radiographer who raped a woman in a hotel room during a business trip to Scotland is jailed for seven years.
- Police are called to dozens of incidents in which pranksters dress as "creepy clowns" to deliberately scare people.
- Wayne Rooney is set to be dropped to the bench for Tuesday's 2018 World Cup qualifier in Slovenia.
Follow @Newcastle_Tyne_ on Twitter!