Tide Times & Heights for Newcastle upon Tyne on 30th March 201705:46 - High Tide (5.56m)
12:09 - Low Tide (0.60m)
17:56 - High Tide (5.77m)
- Tide Times & Heights for Newcastle upon Tyne on 29th March 201705:07 - High Tide (5.53m)
11:30 - Low Tide (0.64m)
17:15 - High Tide (5.75m)
23:56 - Low Tide (0.36m)
- The man who lived on a roundabout after his parents died and he went off the rails.
- Tide Times & Heights for Newcastle upon Tyne on 28th March 201704:30 - High Tide (5.40m)
10:51 - Low Tide (0.78m)
16:36 - High Tide (5.60m)
23:16 - Low Tide (0.42m)
- The new 12-sided £1 will be immediately available from 33 banks and post offices around the UK.
- It was no joke for a Ross Noble fan who ended up stealing the show in a choking fit.
- Chris Wood, Dwight Gayle and Anthony Knockaert are nominated for the EFL's Championship Player of the Year award.
- Hundreds of 16-19-year-olds are leaving Sunderland, so what do those who remain think about their futures?
- Threats of £120 fines did not put parents off as almost a million children missed school.
- Tide Times & Heights for Newcastle upon Tyne on 27th March 201703:53 - High Tide (5.17m)
10:13 - Low Tide (1.01m)
15:59 - High Tide (5.36m)
22:37 - Low Tide (0.61m)
- Jermain Defoe's England return is a "great story" says manager Gareth Southgate after the striker scores in Sunday's 2-0 win over Lithuania.
- Terminally ill five-year-old Bradley Lowery leads out the England team at Wembley for Sunday's World Cup qualifier against Lithuania.
- Ramona Bachmann and Hannah Blundell both score twice as Chelsea Ladies thrash Sunderland Ladies in the Women's FA Cup.
- Tide Times & Heights for Newcastle upon Tyne on 26th March 201703:15 - High Tide (4.89m)
09:34 - Low Tide (1.29m)
15:22 - High Tide (5.06m)
21:58 - Low Tide (0.89m)
- A rally is held in Durham to "celebrate the work of the city's teaching assistants".
- The 15-year-old girl had just left Exhibition Park in Newcastle when she was attacked.
- BBC News takes a look at what happened next for some of the sports stars of yesteryear.
- Tide Times & Heights for Newcastle upon Tyne on 25th March 201701:34 - High Tide (4.57m)
07:53 - Low Tide (1.60m)
13:43 - High Tide (4.74m)
20:17 - Low Tide (1.21m)
- Lyon prop Sami Mavinga can be a "destructive" signing for Newcastle Falcons, says director of rugby Dean Richards.
- An offshore worker calls for action as he tells the BBC he and colleagues were exposed to radiation.
- Former England Test captain Alastair Cook is available for Essex's three opening County Championship games of the season.
- Team news as Harlequins host Newcastle Falcons in Saturday's Premiership fixture at Twickenham Stoop (15:00 GMT).
- The partner of a Scottish man held with other UK nationals in jail in India on firearms charges says she fears for his life.
- Bradley Lowery's mum Gemma tells BBC radio 5 live her son was "buzzing" to hear the news he will be a mascot alongside Jermain Defoe.
- Tide Times & Heights for Newcastle upon Tyne on 24th March 201700:44 - High Tide (4.25m)
07:05 - Low Tide (1.90m)
12:56 - High Tide (4.41m)
19:33 - Low Tide (1.56m)
- Units at Wansbeck, Hexham and North Tyneside have been under-used since the emergency hospital opened.
- The children were returned safely to their foster parents.
- There has been praise for the bravery of the emergency services and the public in the wake of the attack.
- Tide Times & Heights for Newcastle upon Tyne on 23rd March 201705:59 - Low Tide (2.16m)
11:55 - High Tide (4.13m)
18:37 - Low Tide (1.89m)
- Roads were closed and a number of schools were shut for the day.
- The National Union of Mineworkers owned a stake in Ian Lavery's home when he tabled a question on the coal mining industry.
- Matthew Davis was found dead at his home in a North Tyneside seaside town.
- Tide Times & Heights for Newcastle upon Tyne on 22nd March 201704:33 - Low Tide (2.27m)
10:36 - High Tide (4.00m)
17:18 - Low Tide (2.13m)
23:33 - High Tide (4.01m)
- The Northern Education Trust says the Ofsted report does not take into account recent changes.
Travelodge Newcastle Airport
A simple, clean and frills-free budget hotel with 24-hour check-in that is well-placed for Newcastle Airport. It offers basic but bright rooms, helpful staff and free parking. No restaurant, but there are good-value options nearby. Rooms from £ 29 per ...and more »
- Southern, Merseyrail and Arriva Trains North staff will walk out for 24 hours on 8 April.
The Cumberland Arms
The Cumberland Arms is a real-ale community pub in a stout Victorian building, situated in Newcastle's coolest district. Bedrooms are large and comfortable with a simple vintage styling, while the pub downstairs buzzes with music and arty events.
- Live coverage of Tuesday's National League game between Gateshead and Guiseley.
- Republic of Ireland's injury crisis deepens with striker Daryl Murphy ruled out of Friday's World Cup qualifier against Wales.
- The box was raising funds for five-year-old Bradley Lowery who has terminal cancer.
- Tide Times & Heights for Newcastle upon Tyne on 21st March 201703:07 - Low Tide (2.15m)
09:19 - High Tide (4.06m)
15:43 - Low Tide (2.16m)
22:09 - High Tide (3.96m)
- Police continue to question three men on suspicion of murder as a woman is also held.
- The 15-year-old victim suffered serious but not life-threatening injuries.
- Striker Jermain Defoe says he never gave up on an England recall and sets his sights on playing at the 2018 World Cup.
- Sir Leonard Fenwick is on extended leave during an inquiry into "very serious issues".
- Historic England picks 10 areas to share £6m restoring listed buildings and boosting conservation areas.
- Steven Thompson left the teenager with a "serious head wound" after the shooting in Sunderland.
- Ex-Sunderland midfielder Julio Arca will finally achieve his Wembley ambition, with Northern League side South Shields.
- Tide Times & Heights for Newcastle upon Tyne on 20th March 201702:07 - Low Tide (1.88m)
08:16 - High Tide (4.26m)
14:27 - Low Tide (1.99m)
20:54 - High Tide (4.12m)
Follow @Newcastle_Tyne_ on Twitter!