Tide Times & Heights for Newcastle upon Tyne on 24th February 201702:07 - High Tide (4.63m)
08:23 - Low Tide (1.57m)
14:17 - High Tide (4.83m)
20:49 - Low Tide (1.29m)
- Ian Stewart, who has been jailed for 34 years, is described as "a real danger to women" by a judge.
- Former England captain Alan Shearer will present a BBC One documentary this summer on scientific research linking football and dementia.
- Critics ask why the Duke of Northumberland's estate cannot pay for a new play area.
- The singer shows off her baby bump for the first time while helping to launch a new charity youth campaign.
- Parish council bills rise by a higher rate than larger authorities, analysis shows.
- Tide Times & Heights for Newcastle upon Tyne on 23rd February 201701:21 - High Tide (4.36m)
07:39 - Low Tide (1.82m)
13:36 - High Tide (4.55m)
20:08 - Low Tide (1.60m)
- The late David Bowie wins two prizes at the Brit awards, but grime artists are locked out.
- The five-year-old's family say scans show a tumour at the base of the youngster's back.
- Best friends Paula Barraclough and Lorraine Smith are flying first class.
- Newcastle Falcons are to sign winger DTH van der Merwe for the 2017-18 season once his Scarlets deal expires.
- Author Helen Bailey tried to build a new life after her husband died, but it was ripped from her by the man she chose to build it with.
- Wasps sign winger Marcus Watson and prop Ben Harris from Newcastle, plus Nottingham hooker Antonio Harris, for 2017-18.
- Prince Harry spent a day on Tyneside talking about mental health.
- Tide Times & Heights for Newcastle upon Tyne on 22nd February 201700:20 - High Tide (4.12m)
06:42 - Low Tide (2.06m)
12:44 - High Tide (4.28m)
19:20 - Low Tide (1.90m)
- Promotion hopefuls Gateshead move up to sixth in the National League with a 3-1 win at struggling York City.
- A state-of-the-art new observatory is to be built next to the existing one at Kielder Forest.
- Tide Times & Heights for Newcastle upon Tyne on 21st February 201705:26 - Low Tide (2.19m)
11:34 - High Tide (4.08m)
18:12 - Low Tide (2.17m)
- Newcastle Falcons continue to add to their squad with the signings of brothers Josh and Joel Matavesi.
- England all-rounder Ben Stokes becomes the most expensive foreign player in IPL history by being bought for £1.7m by Rising Pune Supergiants.
- Police identify the victim of a crash on the A1 in the Scottish Borders at the weekend.
- AkzoNobel, the owner of Dulux paints, plans to expand its research operations in Gateshead.
- A 24-year-old cyclist dies at the scene in Easington after a crash with a Jaguar car.
- Tide Times & Heights for Newcastle upon Tyne on 20th February 201704:05 - Low Tide (2.15m)
10:17 - High Tide (4.04m)
16:42 - Low Tide (2.28m)
22:59 - High Tide (4.03m)
- A new arts project lets people hear poetry via an app on their phones, as they walk around a national park in England.
- Tide Times & Heights for Newcastle upon Tyne on 19th February 201702:56 - Low Tide (1.93m)
09:09 - High Tide (4.17m)
15:15 - Low Tide (2.19m)
21:40 - High Tide (4.14m)
- The force said it "completely condemned" the actions of PC Sharp.
- Tide Times & Heights for Newcastle upon Tyne on 18th February 201702:05 - Low Tide (1.65m)
08:13 - High Tide (4.38m)
14:13 - Low Tide (1.96m)
20:35 - High Tide (4.39m)
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome has left Jade Gadd with joints that constantly dislocate.
- Police are appealing for information after a man is seen kicking a young boy in the head and chest on a train.
- John Nimmo from South Shields faces further jail if he contacts women he left "hugely distressed".
- Rafael Benitez says the fact that Aston Villa are struggling this season shows how strong the Championship is.
- The centre will have to close for up to nine months to fix leaks and condensation problems
- Aaron Goodwin also used Skype to reveal he carried out a sex act at work, a panel finds.
- Director of rugby Dean Richards says he is pleased Newcastle Falcons' league position is reflecting their improvements.
- Tide Times & Heights for Newcastle upon Tyne on 17th February 201701:26 - Low Tide (1.35m)
07:28 - High Tide (4.61m)
13:28 - Low Tide (1.70m)
19:43 - High Tide (4.69m)
- Vulnerable and older residents need Rothbury's hospital to stay open, campaigners say.
- Mark Clattenburg, who took charge of the Euro 2016 final, is leaving his job as a Premier League referee to work in Saudi Arabia.
- France centre Maxime Mermoz will join Newcastle Falcons in the summer, once he completes his short-term deal with Leicester.
- Colin Gregg tells his abuse trial the complainants are "mistaken or lying".
- Cleveland Police say the woman will not face charges but the case remains open.
- Rowan McCabe knocks on doors, asking if people would like a poem written about them.
- Tide Times & Heights for Newcastle upon Tyne on 16th February 201700:51 - Low Tide (1.08m)
06:48 - High Tide (4.84m)
12:51 - Low Tide (1.47m)
18:59 - High Tide (4.99m)
- Tide Times & Heights for Newcastle upon Tyne on 15th February 201700:17 - Low Tide (0.83m)
06:10 - High Tide (5.05m)
12:19 - Low Tide (1.27m)
18:20 - High Tide (5.24m)
- Opposition councillor questions council plan to lend £8.5m to Duchess of Northumberland's play area.
- England need to make people "fall in love" with Test cricket again, says new vice-captain Ben Stokes.
- Sunderland Ladies sign FFC Frankfurt goalkeeper Anke Preuss and ASGM Verona midfielder Dominique Bruinenberg for 2017.
- Tide Times & Heights for Newcastle upon Tyne on 14th February 201705:33 - High Tide (5.23m)
11:47 - Low Tide (1.10m)
17:41 - High Tide (5.44m)
- Chemicals banned in the 1970s have been found in the deepest reaches of the ocean, according to a new study.
- Jason Stephenson was hit by a car as he walked along the A690 on Friday night.
Follow @Newcastle_Tyne_ on Twitter!