This is how the new Sherwood Forest visitor centre will look
A new visitor centre will be built in Sherwood Forest after plans for the new £5.3m building were approved. The new facility will be built at Forest Corner in Edwinstowe by 2018. It will include a welcome area, a shop, a café and an amphitheatre ...and more »
- Kidderminster Shuttle
Conservation groups team up for new Wyre Forest volunteer programme
A NEW volunteer programme to help protect habitats for wildlife in Wyre Forest is to get underway next week. Butterfly Conservation, Natural England and the Forestry Commission have joined forces and will be launching 'Forest Guardians' on Wednesday, ...
- Welsh sailor Alex Thomson remains second behind Vendee Globe race leader, Frenchman Armel le Cleac'h.
- Strike-hit Southern rail ranks lowest in a survey of customer satisfaction.
- Artist Stephen Turner puts the egg he lived and worked in for a year on display in east London
- A gunman who shot 30 British tourists on a Tunisian beach could have been stopped sooner, an inquest hears.
- A Royal Navy warrant officer groped a junior colleague, telling her he could help her gain promotion if she "helped him out", a court martial is told.
- A senior Royal Navy officer groped a junior colleague, telling her he could help her gain promotion if she "helped him out", a court martial is told.
Hotel review: Balmer Lawn, New Forest
The New Forest has been an important backdrop to the life of my young family. Five years ago, I proposed in a cottage outside Brockenhurst. Three years later, 10 minutes up the road, we left our baby with strangers for the first time, at a hotel crèche.
- Coroner hears evidence that 2015 shootings that killed 30 Britons could have been stopped sooner.
- The leader and deputy leader of a local council resign from their roles, blaming "political games" and "bickering" among colleagues.
- Manchester Evening News
Elbow announce dates and ticket information for new Forest Live tour
Manchester Evening News
Elbow have announced seven tour dates this year as part of their new summer series Forest Live. The tour will see the four-piece play in spectacular forest surroundings, in association with the Forestry Commission. The closest show to Manchester will ...and more »
- A deal for a surveillance system fitted to helicopters to protect the new Queen Elizabeth Class ships will sustain hundreds of jobs, the government says.
- Coroner hearing evidence of how 30 British tourists were killed at a Tunisian beach resort in 2015.
- Welsh sailor Alex Thomson claims a world record as he narrows the gap on Vendee Globe race leader Armel le Cleac'h.
- Hundreds of routine operations at St Mary's Hospital on the Isle of Wight are cancelled due to a lack of beds.
- Strike-hit Govia Thameslink renews a recruitment campaign to hire trainee drivers in a bid to reduce Southern rail disruption.
- International Business Times UK
Britons hurt in bus crash in New Zealand's Tongariro Forest Park
International Business Times UK
One of the rescuers at the scene told said the bus was going west along SH48 when it crossed the T-junction with SH47 and went down the bank. "They were very lucky… there's been a couple of fatalities on that corner," National Park Volunteer Fire ...
Tongariro bus crash: 'They were very lucky' - fire chiefNew Zealand Heraldall 39 news articles »
- Nottingham Post
Nottingham Forest news LIVE: Latest on Fawaz Al Hasawi's search for new manager
Philippe Montanier's reign as head coach at Nottingham Forest came to an end on Saturday evening, after the Reds drew 0-0 with Birmingham City. Gracious and dignified to the end, Montanier conducted his post-match interviews before finding out that ...
Bookies favourite won't be the new Nottingham Forest managerThe 72 - We Love the Football Leagueall 145 news articles »
- Conor Chaplin misses a penalty and scored a brace as Portsmouth beat Leyton Orient 2-1 at Fratton Park.
- Substitute Joey Barton scores the winner on his league return for Burnley, who see off Southampton in a tight contest at Turf Moor.
New 'countryside' restaurant which brings the feel of the forest indoors to open in Exeter - Exeter Express and EchoExeter Express and Echo
New 'countryside' restaurant which brings the feel of the forest indoors to open in Exeter
Exeter Express and Echo
A couple are preparing to open a new restaurant in Exeter – creating the feel of a woodland indoors. 'The Canopy' is hoping to open next week on South Street, Exeter, with the finishing touches being added ahead of the grand opening. Dariusz Szreiber ...
New forest could take root in Northumberland as 30000 trees set to be planted
Native wildwood is set to make a comeback in one of the North East's most remote landscapes. Plans envisage the planting of around 30,000 trees on 94 hectares along a two-kilometre stretch of the Scaup Burn at Kielderhead national nature reserve in ...
Optimism turns to fear as Nottingham Forest's bright new dawn disappears over the horizon - Nottingham PostNottingham Post
Optimism turns to fear as Nottingham Forest's bright new dawn disappears over the horizon
Fans had dared to hope; to dream of a new beginning under owners who had brought baseball success to the San Diego Padres – and had spoken about bringing similar success to the City Ground. Enticing, unfamiliar words like structure, planning and ...and more »
New Museum's 'Pixel Forest' - take a look inside in 360!
New Yorkers are coming out in droves to the New Museum's latest immersive -- and incredibly Instagramable - art installation. Welcome to "Pipilotti Rist: Pixel Forest," a three-story journey filled with wild, psychedelic videos and a chandelier made of ...
'Pixel Forest,' Ending This Sunday At The New Museum, Draws Huge CrowdsPatch.comall 5 news articles »
- A man pleads guilty to raping a teenager in a secluded car park in Niton on the Isle of Wight.
- Eastleigh extend the loan of Wolverhampton Wanderers defender Hakeem Odoffin until the end of the season.
New forest wildlife specialist at Spooner
SPOONER – Healthy forests are the centerpiece of the Ruffed Grouse Society and its sister organization the American Woodcock Society's mission, and this important mission is shared by many other conservation organizations. By engaging with ...
- Southern rail train drivers stage a third day of strike action this week, bringing severe disruption.
- A woman tells Rolf Harris's trial that she was indecently assaulted aged 12 by the ex-entertainer.
- Preview followed by live coverage of Saturday's Premier League game between Burnley and Southampton.
- Plans to demolish a New Forest hotel to build retirement homes could add to housing pressures facing younger families, campaigners say.
- Bristol Rovers sign Eastleigh captain Joe Partington for an undisclosed fee in their first signing of 2017.
- Southern rail train drivers begin a third day of strike action this week, bringing severe disruption.
- Central defender Connor Essam returns to Dover Athletic on loan from Eastleigh until the end of the season.
- Charlie Austin pledged to support to his former non-league side as they bid to raise £70,000 to avoid demotion.
- Activists say the body of chef Ryan Lock, who died fighting in Syria, has been recovered.
- Nathan Redmond's first-half goal gives Southampton a narrow advantage in their EFL Cup semi-final with Liverpool.
Gary Rowett at top of Nottingham Forest's new owners' list as Americans look to replace Philippe Montanier - Daily MailDaily Mail
Gary Rowett at top of Nottingham Forest's new owners' list as Americans look to replace Philippe Montanier
The American investors on the brink of taking over at Nottingham Forest have placed Gary Rowett at the top of their list as they look to replace Philippe Montanier. The French manager is battling to save his job after suffering five defeats in a row ...
Nottingham Forest FC news: New owners want Gary Rowett to replace Philippe Montanier as managertalkSPORT.com
- Former entertainer Rolf Harris goes on trial over allegations he assaulted seven women and girls.
- Bucks Free Press
Voting opens for new forest themed play area design
Bucks Free Press
Children and parents have been invited to help choose the design of a new forest themed play area in High Wycombe. Last summer almost 500 people took part in a public consultation over Wycombe District Council's proposals to transform the Hughenden ...
- Nottingham Post
Five players Nottingham Forest should offer new contracts to
Nottingham Forest have a number of players who are out of contract in the summer, but who should they look to keep at the City Ground? While nothing will be done until the takeover of the Reds by John Jay Moores is complete, we pick out five players ...
Nottingham Forest FC news: New owners want Gary Rowett to ...talkSPORT.comall 11 news articles »
- Plans to reduce opening hours at waste and recycling centres across Hampshire are put back while the council seeks clarity from the government over DIY waste fees.
- Nottingham Post
Reported Nottingham Forest target Craig Sibbald offered new deal ...
Reported Nottingham Forest target Craig Sibbald has been offered a new contract by Falkirk in a bid to keep him at the Scottish Championship club. The Reds ...and more »
- Nottingham Post
Nottingham Forest target Craig Sibbald offered new deal to stay at Falkirk
Reported Nottingham Forest target Craig Sibbald has been offered a new contract by Falkirk in a bid to keep him at the Scottish Championship club. The Reds, along with Celtic and Rangers have been linked with a move for the 21-year-old midfielder, who ...and more »
- Forest Green miss the chance to go level on points with National League leaders Lincoln as they draw at Eastleigh.
- British sailor Alex Thomson continues to close the gap on Vendee Globe leader Armel Le Cleac'h in the closing stages.
- Former Gillingham, Watford and Millwall striker Darius Henderson joins National League Eastleigh from Mansfield Town.
- Portsmouth goalkeeper Liam O'Brien extends his contract with the club until the end of the season.
- Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn backs striking Southern train drivers, saying he would join a picket line.
Follow @NewForest_News on Twitter!