- Drivers are being warned of poor visibility due to the heavy smoke
- Ian Paterson, who was also convicted of three counts of unlawful wounding, was described in court by one victim as being "like God", lied to patients and exaggerated - or invented - the risk
- Ming Jiang is accused of murder after a headless and limbless corpse was found in a suitcase dumped in a lay-by
- Harry Styles will play four dates in the UK on his world tour - including the O2 Apollo Manchester
- A gang who carried out a bank raid in Oldham were captured on CCTV
- A man, aged in his 20s, was seriously injured in the collision
Christie website crashes as M.E.N readers flock to help give money to research centre after devastating fire“We are extremely grateful to the Manchester Evening News and its readers. We hope everyone will spare a minute and dig deeply to get the centre back up and running as soon as possible.”
- Developers say they are in talks with a 'big media company' as speculation grows about newspaper heading back north
The moment an American Airlines jet lands at Manchester Airport after declaring a 'mid-air emergency'The Boeing 767 aborted its flight to New York's JFK airport after declaring an emergency while flying over the Irish Sea
- Cancer Research UK institute likely to have lost millions of pounds of life-saving equipment in blaze, says its directorYears of research and millions of pounds of life-saving equipment are feared to have been destroyed in a devastating fire at a cancer hospital in Manchester, its director has said.Prof Richard Marais, the head of the Cancer Research UK Manchester Institute, said researchers had been able to save 25 years of clinical samples, but that other vital work was lost in the “hear
- Years of research has been lost in the devastating fire
- “He would probably have a wry smile on his face and have a chuckle."
- Aldi's affordable hot tub has sold out - but now Argos has listed a budget version in its May Bank Holiday deals
- The locum GP was taken to hospital and is understood to have received plastic surgery.
- A woman aged in her 20s told police she was raped in Farnworth
- The incident took place near to Shadowmoss tram station
- Fans are calling for the return of John and Kayleigh after being charmed by the second series
- Reddish Vale friends group urges visitors to keep watch for other incidents and report them to police
- The hit gangster series, starring Tom Hardy and Cillian Murphy, has been filming in the Northern Quarter
- "They sliced my foot open to relieve the pressure. I was screaming... I have never known pain like it.”
- From Soup Kitchen to Band On The Wall, here's what's going on in some of Manchester's smaller venues
- If you're looking for some family fun over the three-day break, there are plenty of events to choose from
- The Oasis legend has likened Noel and Damon's Gorillaz collaboration to another famous duet
- The Bus Services Bill gives Greater Manchester's soon-to-be-elected Mayor the power to change how the region's services are run
- Bank bosses say it is being looked into 'as a matter of urgency'
- Brian Comerford, 79, was admitted to Wythenshawe Hospital in January 2014 when he started to feel unwell after a family meal, suffering from a suspected chest infection
'I was trying not to cry': Woman stalked by men in 4x4 shouting sexual remarks at her in Northern QuarterDriver and passenger followed victim through streets and continued to harass her
He took out a payday loan to have his ex's new man killed - then complained his sentence was too longLuigi even carried on plotting from prison
- Craig Malpus and Rebecca Lewis from Heaton Chapel walked 268 miles - and finished by getting engaged
- The Audi was involved in a collision with a Citroen before hitting a lamppost and a front garden
Follow @ManchesterNewsl on Twitter!