- Local Liberal Democrats have launched a petition calling for a station to be constructed at Bricklayers Arms as part of the Bakerloo line extension - but TfL says that the planned two stations between Elephant & Castle and New Cross would be "sufficient".
- Mayor of London Sadiq Khan has insisted that small traders at the Elephant & Castle Shopping Centre must be offered a "fair deal" when the site is redeveloped.
- The Duke of Gloucester visited Bankside last Wednesday to unveil a panel in Cathedral Square marking the 40th anniversary of the Jubilee Walkway created for the Queen's Silver Jubilee in 1977.
- An ecumenical gathering to mark the 500th anniversary of the Reformation has been held at St George's Roman Catholic Cathedral.
- Princess Anne came to Tower Bridge Road on Tuesday to visit the new Alex Monroe jewellery workshop next to The George pub.
- Southwark Council is to write to all tenants and leaseholders of council-owned homes in the borough warning them against advertising their properties on Airbnb and similar websites.
- Your Local Guardian
Lambeth man from Gypsey Hill jailed for 15 years for firearm ...
Your Local Guardian
A 15-year-sentence has been handed down to a man caught in possession of a gun.and more »
Lambeth politicians call for Met Police's borough merger plans to be dropped
City Hall and Scotland Yard's plans to scrap London's 32 dedicated borough commanders and adopt a new structure of 12 regional commanders have been opposed by Lambeth's three Labour MPs and the borough's London Assembly member. The Met and ...
- Rail services from Waterloo Station will have a new operator for the first time in two decades when First Group and MTR take over the South Western franchise currently held by Stagecoach's South West Trains.
- Transport for London has delayed the start of work to install segregated cycle lanes across Westminster Bridge after last week's terrorist attack.
- Lambeth approves 1300-home estate redevelopment
Lambeth Borough Council has approved the redevelopment of a council estate which could pave the way for up to 1,300 homes. The local authority's cabinet last night approved plans for the demolition of the 460-home Central Hill estate. The council said ...
- Southwark councillors have unanimously backed a motion calling on Transport for London to consider adding a station at Bricklayers Arms on the proposed Bakerloo line extension.
- South West Londoner
Westminster attack: Tributes pour in for killed Lambeth man Leslie Rhodes
South West Londoner
Leaders have been reacting to the announcement that the fifth victim in the Westminster terror attack was a Lambeth man. Condolences have been pouring in for 75-year-old Leslie Rhodes — he died in King's College Hospital the day after he was hit by ...and more »
- Volunteers armed with a speed gun found 28 drivers breaking the 20 mph speed limit in Long Lane during a two-hour period - but the police failed to send out warning letters to the keepers of the vehicles involved.
Police Appeal After Attempted Abduction Of Two Girls In Lambeth
Two young girls were approach by men in Lambeth in separate incidents that the police are treating as attempted abductions. The first incident happened just before 8am on Tuesday, 21 March when a man approached an 11-year-old girl waiting for a bus ...
Police seek two suspects after Lambeth child abduction attemptsSouth West Londonerall 8 news articles »
- The NatWest bank has announced plans to close its Bankside branch in Southwark Street and its Tower Bridge branch in Tooley Street.
- Police in Lambeth are appealing for witnesses and information following two incidents that are being treated as attempted abductions.
- Evening Standard
Lambeth crash: Man fights for life after being hit by bus
A man is fighting for his life in hospital after being hit by a bus in south-east London. Paramedics treated the man in Lambeth Palace Road before rushing him to a major trauma centre shortly after 8am on Thursday. Officers confirmed that the man, aged ...
- Southwark councillors have passed a motion resolving to oppose plans to close the Crown Post Office in Blackfriars Road and replace it with a franchised service in a nearby shop.
- Brixton Blog (blog)
New Lambeth magazine for developers
Brixton Blog (blog)
Lambeth magazine cover A Croydon-based company that specialises in marketing to attract “investment for regeneration” has launched a new magazine and website devoted solely to Lambeth. 3Fox International has worked for Southwark council since 2004 ...
Lambeth Council reduces funding for Brixton Advice Centre by 15%
Lambeth Council is reducing the funding it gives to Brixton Advice Centre by 15%. The Railton Road help centre will receive £84,146 for the new financial year. The 2016/17 value was £99,229. An Officer report [pdf] prepared for Councillor Paul McGlone ...
- Southwark News
Police in Southwark and Lambeth 'could face merger' as Met looks for budget cuts
Lambeth and Southwark could be merged into one Met Police command unit, depending on the success of two pilot schemes being rolled out in north London. Monday saw the release of the Met's Crime 2017-2021 Police and Crime Plan, which said: “the Met ...
Lambeth Council publishes magazine and website to attract private developers into the borough - BrixtonBuzzBrixtonBuzz
Lambeth Council publishes magazine and website to attract private developers into the borough
Lambeth Council has published a property porn website and magazine sponsored by developers. Lambeth Magazine contains puff pieces to lure private developers into the borough. It is difficult to tell the difference between editorial copy and ads paid ...
- First proposed a decade ago and an empty shell for nearly five years, the Central School of Ballet has relaunched its fundraising efforts to complete its new South Bank home.
- Plans to knock down The Britannia pub in Kipling Street and replace it with a block of flats incorporating a replacement pub have been submitted to Southwark Council.
- Plans to redevelop the former Steve's Bed & Breakfast building in Lower Marsh as a 50-room boutique hotel have been approved by Lambeth's planning applications committee.
- Plans to demolish the former Ticino Bakery in Bermondsey Street and replace it with a 'boutique hotel' with just seven rooms have been approved by Southwark councillors.
Lambeth Council Meeting re housing strategy
Lambeth Councils Overview and Scrutiny will be meeting at the Springfield Health and Community Centre, to discuss a number of issues including resident involvement, housing strategy, the lambeth Housing Standard and implementation of the Housing and ...
- Southwark Council's cabinet has approved plans to buy three Bermondsey office buildingsas revenue-generating investments for the borough.
- Boss Street - which runs between Tooley Street and Queen Elizabeth Street - was closed for several hours on Tuesday afternoon whilst emergency services investigated a suspicious substance.
Lambeth Council starts review to look at business case for reopening East Brixton train station - BrixtonBuzzBrixtonBuzz
Lambeth Council starts review to look at business case for reopening East Brixton train station
Lambeth Council has started a review to see if there is a business demand for re-opening East Brixton train station. The Council is working with Transport for London and Network Rail. East Brixton station to Battersea, 3rd October 1969. Network Rail ...
- Police and ambulance crews rushed to The Cut in Waterloo on Sunday lunchtime to reports of a man with a stab wound. It's believed he was injured in nearby Nelson Square.
- London SE1
William Blake's Lambeth: crowdfunding sought for new booklet
A guide to William Blake's Lambeth is one of four titles in a series of pamphlets by local archivist Jon Newman to be published this summer if a crowdfunding campaign is successful. William Blake's Lambeth: crowdfunding sought for new booklet. William ...
- A guide to William Blake's Lambeth is one of four titles in a series of pamphlets by local archivist Jon Newman to be published this summer if a crowdfunding campaign is successful.
- Southwark planners have refused permission for three food kiosks underneath the railway bridge on Blackfriars Road.
- The new operators of the Gladstone Arms have dropped plans to use the name Pegz N "Frazes" when the much-loved Lant Street pub reopens this spring.
- This month local residents have another chance to comment on proposals to redraw the map of parliamentary constituencies which would see the Waterloo part of SE1 - in the borough of Lambeth - added to the Bermondsey & Old Southwark seat.
- A radical scheme to rebuild Charing Cross Railway Station with an entrance on the South Bank is among the options considered by Network Rail as it seeks to accommodate expected growth in passenger numbers over the coming decades.
Former primate of Burundi announced by Lambeth Palace as new leader of Anglican Centre in Rome - The TabletThe Tablet
Former primate of Burundi announced by Lambeth Palace as new leader of Anglican Centre in Rome
An archbishop from Burundi will become the Archbishop of Canterbury's first African representative to the Holy See and leader of the Anglican Centre in Rome. Lambeth Palace on Friday announced the appointment of Burundi's former “primate”, Archbishop ...and more »
- The Tablet
Former primate of Burundi announced by Lambeth Palace as new ...
An archbishop from Burundi will become the Archbishop of Canterbury's first African representative to the Holy See and leader of the Anglican Centre in Rome.and more »
- Dr Woyin Karowei Dorgu has been consecrated as the new Bishop of Woolwich in a packed and joyful service at Southwark Cathedral on Friday morning.
- Lambeth's New Restaurant: Florentine
An ostrich egg is the equivalent of twelve dozen chicken eggs. That's a lot of egg. It's enough for a horde, which is why at new restaurant, Florentine you'll find it being served for six people with generous helpings of tomatoes, bacon, Portobello ...
- Moser, Pamela Gay Lambeth
WINSTON-SALEM May 21, 1952 - March 13, 2017 Mrs. Pamela Gay Lambeth Moser, 64, of Winston-Salem, NC, went to be with her Lord and Savior on March 13, 2017. She was born on May 21, 1952 to Earl and Dallie Lambeth. She and her husband Tommy ...
- Date set for Lambeth Conference
PLANS for the Lambeth Conference due to take place in 2020 are under discussion. The theme, decided this month at a meeting of the Lambeth Design Group, will be “God's Church for God's world”. Chaired by the Archbishop of Capetown, Dr Thabo ...
- A new art installation which uses lighting to reflect the health of the River Thames has been created at the Sea Containers building near Blackfriars Bridge.
Lambeth officers recommend 'full rebuilding' of estate
Lambeth Council officers have recommended the full rebuilding of the Central Hill estate after a consultation revealed the majority of council tenants supported the proposal. Central Hill was included in the council's estate regeneration programme in ...
- Detectives are appealing for information and witnesses after a woman was seriously injured in a road traffic collision on Waterloo Bridge on Wednesday night.
- London News Online (blog)
Lambeth recommends the full rebuilding of Central Hill estate
London News Online (blog)
45334 - pictures by Quintina Valero Week 13 - 280315 Central Hill Estate will be under regenaration as the Lambeth Council has earmarked for regeneration that may involves demolitions. After an extended and intensive process of consultation with ...
- Works to install segregated cycle lanes on Westminster Bridge and to change the road layout at the junction of Lambeth Palace Road, York Road and Westminster Bridge Road will begin on 29 March, Transport for London has confirmed.
- A new pay-at-pump petrol station has opened in the car park of Asda's Old Kent Road store.
Follow @Lambeth_UK on Twitter!