- The Hillingdon landmark is turning 50 – so we took a look at how it all began
- If you are planning to hit the west London roads in you car next week, here is all the information you need to plan your journey
- Joanna Trollope OBE has been writing for more than 30 years - this is her 20th novel – and to this day she continues to write in longhand.
- The much-anticipated discount fashion shop opened on Saturday (March 25) – but what do you think?
- We take a look at the QPR players involved for their countries at all levels in the international break
- Wing-back enjoyed one of his more successful days in a Hoops shirt
Hornets captain Troy Deeney has learnt to control his angry streak off the field after revealing anger issuesWatford captain Troy Deeney has told how he has learnt to control his angry streak off the field.
Gunshots ring out in Westminster, man found dead in Hayes park and a new shop in Uxbridge – The biggest west London stories of the last weekA terror attack in the heart of London and a new tube map are in your top stories this week
- After reading this week’s Watford Observer front page report of ‘end of the line for extension of the Metropolitan line’ it seems to be that we can kiss goodbye to the £9.6 million of ratepayers’ money.
Help give Hounslow mum with terminal cancer more time with her children by donating so she can receive treatmentThe Dillet family have had a heartbreaking year as they laid to rest their unborn child and discovered mum Sharlene has terminal liver cancer
London terror attack: Khalid Masood was shot dead 82 seconds after the incident started on Westminster bridgeThe family of PC Keith Palmer who was killed in the attack have released a new tribute
- Bees coach believes that England's second tier is played at a higher tempo than the Danish top flight
- There are loads of players who can break into the team, insists man in charge of youth side
- Missed this week’s top stories? Here is a quick round-up of the Observer’s most-read articles:
Fulham's international stars - where are they playing and how you can follow their national campaignsA lot of Slavisa Jokanovic's internationals are on duty today - here's who's playing and where you can follow their games to get your weekly footballing fix
- Noise nuisance findings, which are dominated by west London boroughs, reveal the major gripes people are complaining about in each London borough
- Slavisa Jokanovic wants to bolster his striking options ahead of next season and the Nigerian international could be the perfect fit for Fulham
AFC Wimbledon 0-2 Southend United player ratings: Lyle Taylor the only real positive on disappointing dayDons stars struggle as Southend pick up simple three points
- A scathing attack on the quality of road repairs carried out by a council contractor has been launched by a councillor who says its efforts are “an utter farce”.
- Typhoid Two positive carriers of the typhoid fever that killed a young woman have been traced to the ward she occupied in Leavesden Hospital until shortly before her death. But any scare of the dreaded disease spreading outside the hospital can be discounted. With this assurance, Dr Norman Taylor, Medical Officer of Health for the Watford Rural District said yesterday: ‘The search for carriers will continue. And all new patients are being carefully screened.’ [March 6, 1964] Thanks f
From Franco Manca to Bill's and a job with a £70k salary, here are some of the roles up for grabs in LondonJobs are available across central London and in Hillingdon and Acton
- Could these Crystal Palace players improve QPR this summer?
- At just 16, the left sided player has lit up the Championship and has been linked with the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham in recent weeks
- A new exhibition explores traditional landscape presentation by mixing the practice of fine art and photography.
- The Whites had produced an amazing comeback against Juventus before reaching the final by beating Hamburg
- A magic show for kids (and childish grown-ups) comes to Watermans Arts Centre next month
- We can look forward to more daylight in the evenings as the clocks are set to change to mark the start of British Summer Time.
- The borough has come together in memory of the victims of Wednesday's (March 22) terror attack
- Fraudsters could be using tiny pin-prick cameras to steal you bank details when your using a cash machine.
A look back at the history of a Shepherd’s Bush building that has been home to the Palladium, cinemas and a pubAs consent is given to turn the former Walkabout pub into serviced apartments and commercial space, we take a look at the history of the building
- The 19-year-old was stabbed in the chest in an incident on Wednesday (March 15)
- Officers were called to the busy roundabout just after 7pm on Friday night (March 24) where they found two people stabbed
- We live in Cheshire and have travelled to Watford FC at least six times this year as well as watching two games in the Northwest and all the games on TV.
- Piazon is still unable to eat hard foods and his mother flew over from Brazil to help look after the 23-year-old
- Local authorities want more power to ban inconsiderate motorists parking on pavements.
- Vasil Flore has been jailed for causing the death of Steven Flood from Ruislip in a crash last February
- The Dutchman joined the Bees in January from Dutch giants PSV Eindhoven on a six month deal with a club option for a further 12 months
- The Fulham singer was found dead in a pedestrian underpass at Greenford Roundabout in March 2009
- A pub in South Oxhey will be demolished to make way for 33 flats.
- A study is looking at noise from Battersea Heliport, while a letter has been written to the Ministry of Defence amid concerns over military helicopters
- The Hillingon landmark is 50 years old! What can you do to help celebrate?
- The 29-year-old defender wanted to play further forward as a kid but his coaches preferred to have him in defence
- Watford has been "put on the map" - according to social media users who watched Red Nose Day Actually last night.
- The mood around London darkened this week as news of a possible terror attack began to filter through – as it transpired, the worst strike on our nation’s capital since the July 7 bombings 12 years ago.
From the George Michael Appreciation Society launch to volunteering for the fire service, find out what is going on in your areaA guide to community events going on in Bushey. Watford, Three Rivers and the Langleys.
- They travelled all the way from America to visit St Luke’s Mews, used in the 2003 hit, before its sequel is aired on Comic Relief
- Detective constable Grant McPherson, 36, pleaded guilty to misconduct in public office
- The former Shrewsbury man is one of the candidates to be named Brentford's player of the season and produced a string of excellent performance at the start of the campaign
- Hillingdon Times
Prince George to attend Thomas's Battersea private school
Prince George is to attend Thomas's Battersea private school in London in September, Kensington Palace has announced. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have announced that Prince George will attend Thomas's Battersea School in London from ...and more »
- An 'excellent atmosphere' in a 'great location' - we reveal who takes the number one spot
Follow @Hillingdon_UK on Twitter!